PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter To Andre Goodan

Ronnie Tsunami
12-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Get the **** out of Denver.

Let's draft a corner early or start Harris.

you dont even deserve to have your name spelled right.

Ronnie Tsunami
12-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Matt Prater can stay.

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 02:12 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHa

Inkana7
12-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Dear Jameson,

**** you.

Love, Andre

randomtask
12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I disagree with your letter.

DHallblows
12-04-2011, 02:14 PM
El Oh El

Popps
12-04-2011, 02:14 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

http://www.tribalblogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mojos_candy1.jpg

Garcia Bronco
12-04-2011, 02:20 PM
lol

Ronnie Tsunami
Dear Jameson,

**** you.

Love, Andre

I'm sorry, do you want me to credit Andre with a play that I could have made? Sorry, no credit. Despite the apparent karma here.

Doggcow
That was great timing. Lol.

fontaine
12-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Return to sender mutha****er!!!!

Inkana7
12-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm sorry, do you want me to credit Andre with a play that I could have made? Sorry, no credit. Despite the apparent karma here.

Have you ever played DB?

WABronco
12-04-2011, 02:24 PM
IP ban please

txtebow
oops!

Sir_Robin
Are you this premature in the bedroom too?

DHallblows
12-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Have you ever played DB?

Probably in Madden

Broncbow
My letter? Thank You ~!!

doonwise
Jameson: Making yet another valid argument for the 100 post rule.

wolf754life
12-04-2011, 02:26 PM
thAT pick 6 in the jets game was huge, keep up the haterade!

Houshyamama
12-04-2011, 02:26 PM

Yeah, I'd be embarrassed and defensive too if I was you.

HILife
12-04-2011, 02:28 PM
lol

vonqkilla
12-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Get the **** in the endzone again on your next int. Thanks.

Fixed.

Rocket 7
12-04-2011, 02:29 PM
We found our own Tyrell.

RhymesayersDU
12-04-2011, 02:30 PM

You could not have made that play. You are not an NFL player.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 02:31 PM
A regrettable thread to say the least.

yerner
12-04-2011, 02:42 PM
really, go fist yourself, goodman has been playing pretty well this year. one bad game with their best pass rusher out and you are starting stupid ass threads.

White Horses Inc.
12-04-2011, 02:45 PM
Dear Mr. Goodman

Thank You for the pick today, maybe you should try eating skittles so you don't get burned so much...appreciate the effort

great win today!

-Bronco Country

doonwise
12-04-2011, 02:49 PM
really, go fist yourself, goodman has been playing pretty well this year. one bad game with their best pass rusher out and you are starting stupid ass threads.
I second.

Deuce
12-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Let's be real, he made a HUGE play at the end but he was getting absolutely shredded all day

BroncoBen
12-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Goodman came thru at the end that is all that matters.

Deuce
12-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Goodman came thru at the end that is all that matters.

True that

McDman
12-04-2011, 02:55 PM
To be fair to the OP, this was a terrible performance by Goodman. He got worked.

strafen
12-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Did not read!

jebures
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
valid points, goodman got worked all day and is 33 years old. Upgrade is needded. Good play to seal the game tho, otherwise complete burnt toast

txtebow
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Goodman made a play when it was needed.

OrangeSe7en
12-04-2011, 03:15 PM
A couple of things to keep in mind. First, Ponder is mobile, so his ability to move around puts more pressure on CBs to maintain their coverage. Secondly, not having Von also greatly contributed to Minnesota having more time to throw. Yeah, it wasn't his best game and he was getting beat on some slants (that TD to Harvin was actually because of Champs 8 yard cushion) but with Von, you have to think Ponders clock speeds up dramatically and Goodman doesnt have to cover for as long.

I'll cut Goodman a break today. He's been playing really well lately and the loss of Von changes how long you need to maintain coverage.

Chris
12-04-2011, 03:15 PM
You just ****ed yourself.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Goodman gets replaced by a rook, a FA vet, or both. He's done as a Bronco after this season.

barryr
12-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Honestly Goodman will be replaced next season, but he came up big again. CB help is a big need on this team since Goodman seems to have troubles stopping average at best WR's from making catches on simple pass routes.

robbieopperude
12-04-2011, 03:23 PM
I would like to see Goodman back on a 1 year deal while we groom our first round DB to challenge him. Goodman has played OK as a savvy vet this year. Our secondary has actually been pretty decent with Champ, Goodman, Dawkins, and Carter. I wonder how those guys will match up against passing teams like the Pats and Steelers however. I really feel like our secondary is built to stop below average QB's currently. This win was so huge for us. We have a real shot at the playoffs. Thank you Andre Goodman for your contribution.

fontaine
12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
After Goodman kept on getting burned you could see they basically benched him for a drive when he went to sidelines.

He came back and played better, but he needs to do a better job than be dominated by a rookie QB.

Rolandftw
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Goodman's made some big plays this year, but overall he has still been terrible in coverage. Today highlighted more against a rookie QB mainly due to our pass rush being a non-factor in the second half.

snowspot66
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I want to keep him. We need a new guy over there but he's very solid depth at the very least.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I would like to see Goodman back on a 1 year deal while we groom our first round DB to challenge him. Goodman has played OK as a savvy vet this year. Our secondary has actually been pretty decent with Champ, Goodman, Dawkins, and Carter. I wonder how those guys will match up against passing teams like the Pats and Steelers however. I really feel like our secondary is built to stop below average QB's currently. This win was so huge for us. We have a real shot at the playoffs. Thank you Andre Goodman for your contribution.

We've already seen how they match up against elite passing teams. Did you miss the Green Bay and Detroit games?

errand
12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Andre's had big plays in two of our last three games...arguably THE plays of the game...and he wants to ask you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umaLe37-LE

DrFate
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Goodman gets picked on pretty consistently. Plaxico in the Jets game, Aromashodu today. It's downright silly to say he's been 'playing well'.

Give him credit for coming up with these picks (which were certainly significant in the outcome of both games) but he's still getting beaten consistently.

razorwire77
12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm happy that he made a huge play when it counted, but he was horrible for 95 percent of the game.

CEH
12-04-2011, 04:04 PM
If this game didn't demostrate the need to draft a CB early I don't know what else you need to see.
3rd and 7+ we need to get off the field. Goodman was abused by a journeyman WR all day long

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Actually, Goodman has played really well probably the last 5 weeks. The great thing about running this offense is that Denver can spend most of their picks on the defense. In this offense you need good blocking TEs, you need WRs to be able to block and work well in space, hell you can find those guys in the 3rd-4th round. Also Denver's Oline is young and doing good. KEEP THEM SIGNED!! I think if there is a stud RB in the 1st or 2nd round next year grab him and all the other picks can shore up the CB, S and DL positions.

I love watching dominant defense play and running this type of offense will let you build a dominant defense.

Good Days!!

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 04:12 PM
We've already seen how they match up against elite passing teams. Did you miss the Green Bay and Detroit games?

You will also have to realize that the offense in those game DID NOTHING to help the defense at all. I do believe CB is a weak spot on the team and needs to be addressed but it doesn't all go on Goodman. Besides Champ there is little talent at CB.

errand
12-04-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm happy that he made a huge play when it counted, but he was horrible for 95 percent of the game.

Holy double standard Batman!

...so whats good for Tebow is not good for Goodman.

Tebow makes big play after looking poorly for 95% of gsmr is ok....but Goodman getting last laugh after looking bad for most of game is still bad?

Blart
12-04-2011, 04:30 PM
They can't all be Bailey - we're a little spoiled ya know.

BroncoLover
12-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Return to sender mutha****er!!!!

Classic :thumbs: , Like it

DrFate
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM

I wonder sometimes if you even watch these games...

Ronnie Tsunami
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
A regrettable thread to say the least.

so one play that literally any nfl CB should have made means that he didn't play terribly?

gotta love orange mane logic... :thumbs:

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 04:58 PM
so one play that literally any nfl CB should have made means that he didn't play terribly?

gotta love orange mane logic... :thumbs:

I don't look at one game and pass judgement ( that's your logic) to the point you wrote a freaking letter asking him to leave town ( again that's your logic), i look at all the games hes played i think that's being logical players have bad games really bad games it freaking happens and lets not forget the pick basically ( won the game)

WolfpackGuy
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
WAY too many big blitzes once the Vikings adjusted and started picking them up.

24champ
12-04-2011, 05:14 PM
I tell you who is horrible in the secondary, McCarthy. Hope we sign some street FA to replace that guy.

snowspot66
12-04-2011, 05:17 PM
I tell you who is horrible in the secondary, McCarthy. Hope we sign some street FA to replace that guy.

Is this a serious post?

So....replace an UDFA with another UDFA.

I'm not going to defend or trash McCarthy but I do have to wonder how that will help in anyway.

razorwire77
12-04-2011, 05:29 PM

Tebow makes big play after looking poorly for 95% of gsmr is ok....but Goodman getting last laugh after looking bad for most of game is still bad?

Uhh. I didn't mention Tebow. I don't want the team's QB to look poor for 95 percent of the game, nor do I want the 2nd CB to look like **** for 95 percent of the game. Also, Tebow is in his 2nd year and rapidly improving in each and every game and Goodman is in his 9th season. Also, Tebow always gives everything he has, where Goodman flat out dogged it in pursuit of Harvin after McCarthy whiffed on the tackle.

I'm happy he made a play, I'm happy the team won, but replacing Goodman at CB # 2 has got to be a priority going into the draft.

Popps
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Goodman is what he is. Complaining about it at this point is futile. He's our other CB until next year. Best just accept it and pray he stays healthy because you'll find out quickly how it CAN get worse.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm happy he made a play, I'm happy the team won, but replacing Goodman at CB # 2 has got to be a priority going into the draft.

At this point I think it has to be the #1 priority honestly. Not necessarily even in the draft (though I'm down with a corner in the 1st or 2nd rounds). We could easily upgrade over Goodman through free agency I would imagine.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Goodman is what he is. Complaining about it at this point is futile. He's our other CB until next year. Best just accept it and pray he stays healthy because you'll find out quickly how it CAN get worse.

Chris Harris is not worse. In fact he probably should be starting, but Fox loves his veterans. Not to say Harris is a great corner, but he's better than Goodman right now. I don't have any doubt of that.

Inkana7
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Chris Harris is not worse. In fact he probably should be starting, but Fox loves his veterans. Not to say Harris is a great corner, but he's better than Goodman right now. I don't have any doubt of that.

I strongly disagree. On a lot of the throws Goodman gave up, there's literally nothing he could have done to stop them due to the pass rush not getting to Ponder and Allen sacrificing underneath defenders for blitzers. Goodman was picked on but he's not horrible and a lot of what happened to him today was a result of pressure, not coverage. Add in the fact that Harris plays the Nickel which is a lot different than playing LCB or RCB, and I'm not terribly upset that Goodman is our other starter. He's been a big part of our win streak and had a bad game, but made up for it with THE play of the day.

Harris is a better tackler, though.

CEH
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM

I don't recall hearing ELway dismissing Tebow's play despite the wins so yeah the whole game has to be evaluated not just one play. Had he not let #18 catch two 3rd and long passes on him Minny doesn't score on that first half drive so yeah Goodman had a very bad game plus Tebow is a 2nd year player Goody is what a 10-12 year vet on his last leg. Big difference in that evaluation as well

Dedhed
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Let's be real, he made a HUGE play at the end but he was getting absolutely shredded all day

Exactly. The pick was huge, but just a terrible decision by Ponder. Other than that, Goodman was the reason Ponder had a career day.

BroncsCheer
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Goodman made a play after being thrown at 33 times.

FYP

Dude sucked today, and he's sucked before. I'm glad he made the int to seal the game, but this team MUST upgrade the secondary in the draft.

That is all . . .

ColoradoDarin
12-04-2011, 07:26 PM
In previous seasons, I would have been complaining (loudly) to anyone around (mainly just annoying my wife) about Goodman's play and getting burned time after time, but not today. Today I thought, WWTS (what would Tebow say). He'd say, "keep your head in the game, keep playing, keep pushing. We need you and you're going to get it next time. We believe in you."

So yeah, I think in the draft/FA we need to upgrade some in the secondary, but while a player is on this team, I'm rooting for him and I believe he's going to make a play when we need it.

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 02:31 PM
BUMP.

bombay
12-18-2011, 02:35 PM
drunken fool

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 02:42 PM
drunken fool

trying to insult me- free
unintentionally describing andre goodman's play- priceless

gunns
12-18-2011, 02:45 PM
I particularly enjoyed the INT Goodman made at the end of the Minnesota game.

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I particularly enjoyed the INT Goodman made at the end of the Minnesota game.

yes i particularly love the fact that he made a play any high school cornerback should have made, and how that has justified his terrible play this season on this board.

Bronx33
12-18-2011, 02:51 PM
he will get a pick

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 02:55 PM
he will get a pick

he probably won't. but if he does it won't be a skillful play, it will be off a gross overthrow or a tip. but i guess that's enough for y'all to write him into the ring of fame.

bendog
12-18-2011, 04:33 PM
fail thread

Broncomutt
12-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Send that POS to the locker room.

edit: Ooops, wrong thread. The POS I was talking about was Cosby.

I've calmed down a bit, but still hope we can replace Goodman with something better next year.

Inkana7
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
he probably won't. but if he does it won't be a skillful play, it will be off a gross overthrow or a tip. but i guess that's enough for y'all to write him into the ring of fame.

"I'm right, BUT IF IM WRONG, I'm still right."

Douche.

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 05:40 PM
"I'm right, BUT IF IM WRONG, I'm still right."

Douche.

Um... no? You're a ****ing moron. Anyone with eyes can see that Goodman is by FAR our weakest link. Huge liability, has played like dog****.

I guess your argumnet is that if he picks off an easy pass, even if it is a lame duck straight into his hands like last time, he is instantly quality because ZOMGZ MADDEN INTERCEPTIONZZZZ STATSSZzZZZZZZ.

Douche.

barryr
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Goodman makes an occasional good play, but most times he is missing tackles and getting beat by most receivers. It won't be hard for the Broncos to upgrade that spot in the draft or even free agency.

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Goodman makes an occasional good play, but most times he is missing tackles and getting beat by most receivers. It won't be hard for the Broncos to upgrade that spot in the draft or even free agency.

Guess we have another sight using "douche" in the house, huh?

Inkana7
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Um... no? You're a ****ing moron. Anyone with eyes can see that Goodman is by FAR our weakest link. Huge liability, has played like dog****.

I guess your argumnet is that if he picks off an easy pass, even if it is a lame duck straight into his hands like last time, he is instantly quality because ZOMGZ MADDEN INTERCEPTIONZZZZ STATSSZzZZZZZZ.

Douche.

My argument is that you have no idea what's involved in playing DB and blame Goodman because he's not Champ. "By FAR our weakest link?" Give me a break. Or maybe you enjoyed watching Quinton Carter and Rahim Moore flail about, get beat and miss tackles all day.

But hey, what do I know? Go make another thread, this one has turned out great for you.

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 06:04 PM
My argument is that you have no idea what's involved in playing DB and blame Goodman because he's not Champ. "By FAR our weakest link?" Give me a break. Or maybe you enjoyed watching Quinton Carter and Rahim Moore flail about, get beat and miss tackles all day.

But hey, what do I know? Go make another thread, this one has turned out great for you.

Even if I had no ****ing clue about how to play DB, half the god damn world knows he's played like garbage the entire season. Moore and Carter were atrocious, but at least they didn't ruin our early momentum with a horrible decision covering a wash up.

But no.. just continue to ignore every single sign that goodman is terrible, and go listen to your friends on the mane and ****ing morons at the washington post.

Inkana7
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Even if I had no ****ing clue about how to play DB, half the god damn world knows he's played like garbage the entire season. Moore and Carter were atrocious, but at least they didn't ruin our early momentum with a horrible decision covering a wash up.

But no.. just continue to ignore every single sign that goodman is terrible, and go listen to your friends on the mane and ****ing morons at the washington post.

You don't have a clue about how to play DB, btw.

And no, they ruined our early momentum by getting sliced apart drive after drive.

But what I really want to know is what the Washington Post has to do with anything? How drunk are you?

DomCasual
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM

Douche.

Dude! Deep breaths!

Ronnie Tsunami
12-18-2011, 06:28 PM
You don't have a clue about how to play DB, btw.

And no, they ruined our early momentum by getting sliced apart drive after drive.

But what I really want to know is what the Washington Post has to do with anything? How drunk are you?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/db-andre-goodmans-improvement-coincides-with-broncos-surge/2011/12/09/gIQAxuQ4iO_story.html

The post article ONLY cites a horrific Mark Sanchez pick six that was thrown right into Goodman's chest (A play Willie Middlebrooks could have made) and a last minute interception (also right into his chest, Middlebrooks gets his 2nd career pick here too) as their reasons as to why Goodman has "improved."

Literally, ALL they used was those two plays and a few quotes from his buddies in the secondary, who are obviously going to say great things about him.

Horrific journalism, and a perfect example of the bat**** crazy opinion about Goodman flying around here.

Inkana7
12-18-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/db-andre-goodmans-improvement-coincides-with-broncos-surge/2011/12/09/gIQAxuQ4iO_story.html

The post article ONLY cites a horrific Mark Sanchez pick six that was thrown right into Goodman's chest (A play Willie Middlebrooks could have made) and a last minute interception (also right into his chest, Middlebrooks gets his 2nd career pick here too) as their reasons as to why Goodman has "improved."

Literally, ALL they used was those two plays and a few quotes from his buddies in the secondary, who are obviously going to say great things about him.

Horrific journalism, and a perfect example of the bat**** crazy opinion about Goodman flying around here.
*imagines Jameson frantically searching the internet for mentions of Andre Goodman to get angry about*

*gets depressed*

Ronnie Tsunami
12-19-2011, 05:17 AM
*imagines Jameson frantically searching the internet for mentions of Andre Goodman to get angry about*

*gets depressed*

Close.

*Reads washington post insider app for ipad*

*reads goodman article*

*gets depressed* at humanity

Ronnie Tsunami
01-14-2012, 07:35 PM
totally a fail thread. what was i thinking.

Popps
01-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'd say Branch had some help from the refs on that play. Nice little stop and shove before the catch. Great if you can get away with it.

barryr
01-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Goodman is an average CB at best and he's 33 years old. The Broncos aren't trying if they can't find someone better than him next season.

houghtam
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah, I'd say Branch had some help from the refs on that play. Nice little stop and shove before the catch. Great if you can get away with it.

They also missed Goodman's arm bar. This whole defense performed terribly tonight, and there are a lot of weak links on that side of the ball, especially in certain situations. Goodman is one of them. So is the safety position. So is half the defensive line and half our linebacking corps.

A lot of holes to fill this offseason.

Requiem
01-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Great thing is that this team can find a rookie corner in the draft to be a starter well into the third round.

Broncomutt
01-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Goodman may affect wether I buy DirecTV Sunday Ticket next year

Simply not gonna pay money to watch that dude get owned each week

ant1999e
01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't understand all the Goodman defense. He fu cin sucks.

The Joker
01-15-2012, 02:02 AM
Yeah, really don't have any sort of personal dislike for the guy or anything but I do hope that's the last we see of the guy in Denver.

The fact that he flat out refuses to tackle pisses me off so much, he's an embarrassment when anyone runs in his direction.

BroncosSR
01-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Yeah, really don't have any sort of personal dislike for the guy or anything but I do hope that's the last we see of the guy in Denver.

The fact that he flat out refuses to tackle pisses me off so much, he's an embarrassment when anyone runs in his direction.

I get annoyed how he refuses to shed blocks. He'll just stand there and pretend he can't shake any block. Get him the hell out of here.

vancejohnson82
01-15-2012, 05:20 AM
if you think it was all Goodman yesterday, you don't watch football

our safeties were absolutely clueless as to what they had to do

BroncosSR
01-15-2012, 06:58 AM
if you think it was all Goodman yesterday, you don't watch football

our safeties were absolutely clueless as to what they had to do

I don't think a single person here think it's all Goodman. This is more about frustration with a sub-par cornerback not putting forth more effort. The safeties are definitely a weak point, but they are weak for Champ as well. Obviously Goodman doesn't have Champ's talent, but damn, show some effort. Reminds me of DWill. They guy wasn't the greatest CB in the world but you could see that he played his heart out every single play.

barryr
01-15-2012, 07:16 AM
A good DL makes any secondary look better than it really is. Just ask the Giants who have invested many draft picks and money in their DL for years now. Goodman is an average CB who is 33 years old with not great speed nor that great at tackling either. For as much as Tebow gets bashed, it amazes me how anyone can defend bringing this guy back for making a grand total of 2 plays this year and one was a gift and thrown right at him.

Ronnie Tsunami
04-13-2012, 05:16 PM
full circle