PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Merill moving the goalposts....

vonqkilla
12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Apparently we aren't playing ” real” football yet.

And Hoge sees ” no improvement”

Now Merill says he ” cant win a superbowl”

It's all a gimmick, even though Car runs the same read option plays.

You could hear the desperation in his voice, and him saying he sees no improvement really destroys any credibility he may have.

The weakest bs was, ” you can win some games...but not a superbowl”

Guy was dumbfounded, Parcells was great...

” I see improvement, and dont worry so much for Tebow, worry about the guys trying to tackle him, I already see guys ducking him”

Now when the Broncos and Tebow fail to win the SB Merills sorry ass can say, told you so...

Lol

Smilin Assassin
12-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Pointless to listen to Hodge. His mind is made up, or atleast he's decided not to change it.

Personally, I think the guy loves being "Tebow's biggest doubter". It's his only contribution to ESPN. If anything, Hodge's ranting is the 'gimmick'.

vonqkilla
12-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Pointless to listen to Hodge. His mind is made up, or atleast he's decided not to change it.

Personally, I think the guy loves being "Tebow's biggest doubter". It's his only contribution to ESPN. If anything, Hodge's ranting is the 'gimmick'.

Astute point.

teknic
12-04-2011, 09:42 AM

He can't really change his mind without looking like a complete dolt. Some of the things he said were such hyperbole that if he were to take them back, he'd lose all of his credibility (if he has any still).

Get used to it. People who have invested their reputation in Tebow failing will continue to bash rim, regardless of his actual performance.

Armchair Bronco
12-04-2011, 09:42 AM
****ing Colin "Cowturd" Cowherd said this weekend that he was "doubling down...no, tripling down" that Tebow will be a failure.

Reminds me of some drunk in Vegas playing Black Jack and losing. To recoup his losses, he starts doubling down instead of walking away. Before long, the guy has lost everything, including his 401K retirement plan and every ounce of credibility he may have had.

Armchair Bronco
12-04-2011, 09:46 AM
And Howie and Bradshaw spent the entire morning bashing Tebow and making various vacuous "guarantees". It's really sad.

Doggcow
12-04-2011, 09:47 AM
I hope Tebow keeps winning so Merrill Hodge's head explodes.

He's a total ****ball.

Gort
12-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Now Merill says he ” cant win a superbowl”

isn't that the guy who loves goat taint?

i don't pay attention to him.

McDman
12-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey, let's keep making threads everytime someone bashes Tebow! That's a new and fresh idea.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2011, 09:53 AM
we need to ship Tebow off we wont win a Superbowl with him .
lets bring back Orton, Yeah no one said he couldn't win a Superbowl .
when we had Orton the sports media loved us
Hire Merill Hoge as our coach .
Then we will win a Superbowl instantly!

RaiderH8r
12-04-2011, 10:01 AM
I love how the Broncos and Tebow's success is now tied to winning the SB when less than two months ago we were a laughingstock. Piss of Hoge.

maher_tyler
12-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Bill Parcells said he sees improvement, i'll take his opinion over Hodge!

RaiderH8r
12-04-2011, 10:02 AM
last I checked, pounding the ball 30+ times a game up the arse of 8 man fronts was the very definition of "real" football. Again, Merril Hoge, professional cockreaming douche nozzle.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Who...

Cares?

Binkythefrog
12-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I would not be surprised if ESPN editorial staff has told Hoge to keep his anti-Tebow stance even if he believes otherwise. It creates more controversy and eventually ratings for them.

NYBronco
12-04-2011, 01:22 PM
It's not a SB but it is a win. :yayaya:

fontaine
12-04-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.absolutad.com/gallery/victory.jpg

**** yeah!!!!

Armchair Bronco
12-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Hoge = Fail. What an assclown.

barryr
12-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I love how the Broncos and Tebow's success is now tied to winning the SB when less than two months ago we were a laughingstock. Piss of Hoge.

Exactly! Like the Broncos were headed to a Super Bowl with Orton at QB. 8-8 was not even going to happen, heck, 5 wins would have been hard to get. Hoge is an idiot and with his constant bashing to Tebow, he just might find himself without a job since how can anyone take what he says about anything in the NFL with such lousy analysis about Tebow?

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 02:58 PM
He can't really change his mind without looking like a complete dolt. Some of the things he said were such hyperbole that if he were to take them back, he'd lose all of his credibility (if he has any still).

Get used to it. People who have invested their reputation in Tebow failing will continue to bash rim, regardless of his actual performance.

I disagree, he loses more credibility by moving the goal posts back. Now all of a sudden Tebow will be a failure if he doesn't win a Superbowl. Welcome to the NFL Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts All miserable failures I guess.

Really, if Hodge wanted to save some credibility he should just say "You know I made a mistake. Tebow although not a good passer is a good QB and he has much more of a presence in the huddle and in the locker rom than I could have ever imagined.Although he may never be a great QB I nowbelieve he can be a good QB that can win some games with the Broncos and possibly a few division titles."

If he said this I believe people would say Hodge ate his crow like a man, instead he just looks foolish and bitter.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 03:00 PM
I disagree, he loses more credibility by moving the goal posts back. Now all of a sudden Tebow will be a failure if he doesn't win a Superbowl. Welcome to the NFL Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Dan Fouts All miserable failures I guess.

Really, if Hodge wanted to save some credibility he should just say "You know I made a mistake. Tebow although not a good passer is a good QB and he has much more of a presence in the huddle and in the locker rom than I could have ever imagined.Although he may never be a great QB I nowbelieve he can be a good QB that can win some games with the Broncos and possibly a few division titles."

If he said this I believe people would say Hodge ate his crow like a man, instead he just looks foolish and bitter.

Too bad hoge isn't a man.

Archer81
12-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Tebow lets his haters be his motivators.

:Broncos:

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 03:04 PM
That's what he's resorting to now? We can't win a Super Bowl this way? Really? Hilarious!

razorwire77
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
You're talking about a guy that still masturbates to a Betamax copy of the 1989 Divisional Playoff game with his tears supplying the lubricant. **** him. He's always hated the Broncos, going way back before Tebow. It would be interesting to do the statistics to see how often he has picked against the Broncos in the ESPN in the espn "expert" picks. My guess is he probably picks against Denver at an 85 or 90 percent rate.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2011, 03:10 PM
That's what he's resorting to now? We can't win a Super Bowl this way? Really? Hilarious!

Tebow wins a super bowl then itll be well you cant win 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 ect:yayaya:

Williams
12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
It would be so easy to just rip Merrill to shreds right now, but does one really even have to?? Tebow is absolutely embarrasing this guy on a weekly basis. The best thing he could do is just say "Hey, I was 100% wrong about Tebow... my bad guys."

Unfortunately for Merrill, I dont think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Tebow loves the way your tears taste merrill.

ColoradoDarin
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Tebow lets his haters be his motivators.

This.

MOAR. Sorry Merri, there's no room on the Broncos Bandwagon for you anyways. God Bless.

bpc
12-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Who is worse, Hoge, or crowmag Jon Ritchie? I love that both of these *former* tough guys are practically ****ting themselves on air over their hatred of all things Tebow.

swaiy
12-04-2011, 07:01 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AfVLvqrCEAAI94A.jpg

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Does that post come with a magnifying glass?

Chris
12-04-2011, 07:07 PM
And Howie and Bradshaw spent the entire morning bashing Tebow and making various vacuous "guarantees". It's really sad.

Except after the game Bradshaw said Tebow was forced to play "conventionally" and that he played great. Howie's knock on Tebow was "46 yards in the first half". Dumb dick.

Gort
12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Except after the game Bradshaw said Tebow was forced to play "conventionally" and that he played great. Howie's knock on Tebow was "46 yards in the first half". Dumb dick.

i noticed that too. the excuse when Tebow succeeds is that he had to play as a conventional pocket passer. WTF? i thought that was the whole reason he couldn't succeed. he doesn't have the skills to be a conventional pocket passer, right? which is it Terry? do me a favor Terry, spell "CAT" for us. here, i'll make it easy...

C _ T

...just guess at the middle letter. take a guess. any guess. another hint, it's a vowel...

...we're waiting

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
i noticed that too. the excuse when Tebow succeeds is that he had to play as a conventional pocket passer. WTF? i thought that was the whole reason he couldn't succeed. he doesn't have the skills to be a conventional pocket passer, right? which is it Terry? do me a favor Terry, spell "CAT" for us. here, i'll make it easy...

C _ T

...just guess at the middle letter. take a guess. any guess. another hint, it's a vowel...

...we're waiting

Terry asks isn't that first letter suppose to be a K?

Dedhed
12-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Who...

Cares?

Certainly no one who's takes have pretty much mirrored Hoge's, and looks equally foolish moving the goal posts each week. Right?

pikkiwoki
12-04-2011, 07:15 PM

I don't know about Howie, but hasn't Bradshaw has been on the Tebow bandwagon all season? I could've sworn I've seen him cheerleading Tebow despite the derision from his co-hosts. Maybe he decided to switch it up today to make his opinion appear more balanced? Dunno...

Bronc62
12-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Hoge's standard diss on Tebow is the Detroit game, which he brought up again today. It's classic cherrypicking, using only the facts that support your argument while ignoring all else.

strafen
12-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Tebow has made huge progress. I'm impressed.
We just haven't seen those progress bacause he hasn't been put in a position to show it.
He looked comfortable throwing the ball with confidence.
He only ran for 13 net yards. He passed the ball beautifully. A passing rating of 149.3

What can the guy do to keep proving the same people that put the hype on him wrong?

So far; he can throw the ball, accuracy has improved, can win games with his arm, throw from the pocket, roll out of the pocket and actually look downfield to throw the ball as opposed to just take off running, could hit his receivers deep downfield, can read defenses, etc...

As I've said, he can only run what is called and he executed quite well today.

BroncsCheer
12-04-2011, 07:36 PM

C _ T

...we're waiting

Ten seconds Bob .. . ....:afro:

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 07:52 PM

they will definitely continue to bash rim, if you catch my drift

Mouth
12-04-2011, 07:54 PM
The most impressive play I saw from him today was when he avoided the pressure, rolled out, and the ENTIRE vikings defense ran up to stop the tebow run they knew was coming. fast forward 15 seconds, a beautiful pass to a wide open receiver, a few broken tackles and 6 points.

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 07:54 PM

If he did, I'd actually probably dig deep and find some iota of respect for the gooch-pimple

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Tebow wins a super bowl then itll be well you cant win 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 ect:yayaya:

I dig your shtick. For now.

Chris
12-04-2011, 07:56 PM

C _ T

...we're waiting

C http://www.unmikonline.org/PublishingImages/graphics%20unmikonline/unlogo.gif T ?

strafen
12-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Of all the haters out there, Hodge is the one whose credibility stands to get destroyed the most...

Jetmeck
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
I hate that guy to the right side of Jamie Dukes on the Network on Sunday afternoon highlights. Don't know his name but he a condicinding a hole always with smartass remarks like " oh know Marinos record is in jeopardy."

What a dick...............

TDmvp
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I hate that guy to the right side of Jamie Dukes on the Network on Sunday afternoon highlights. Don't know his name but he a condicinding a hole always with smartass remarks like " oh know Marinos record is in jeopardy."

Bet you are talking about Tom Waddle (think I spelled it right) ... He's a ex Bear and a total douche tag.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 08:22 PM

Lets just call him Dick.

strafen
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM

I think his name is Tom Waddle. Not sure on the spelling.
He played WR for the bears...

ant1999e
12-04-2011, 08:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/?topId=7316525

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
C http://www.unmikonline.org/PublishingImages/graphics%20unmikonline/unlogo.gif T ?

Rep. Well played.

barryr
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
These analysts are intellectually lazy. It is always easy to dismiss something they don't understand or something that does not fit what they are used to seeing. So Tebow being successful will make them have to work a little harder or end up sounding like idiots, such as many do right now.

pikkiwoki
12-04-2011, 08:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/?topId=7316525

Cris Carter is salty as hell. Tebow is his worst nightmare.

BroncsCheer
12-04-2011, 08:42 PM
I have this image of all of the "on air" haters sitting at home, quarter to midnight, thinking up their crappy takes right now.

Ever notice that Cowherd only gets shills on the line? He'll either have a two minute rant about "fools gold" or he'll quickly gloss over the Broncos win. Rome is coming around, and VanPelt/Risillo will have exploding heads - man, I might call in sick just to sit on ESPN Radio all day and see what these ****s come up with. .....

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 08:45 PM
truthfully, these guys are just robbing themselves at this point. Tebow isn't going anywhere, no matter how much they belittle his game, and it turns out they're the ones missing the show. Ever see someone end up on the wrong side of history? I'm sure it's a scary feeling, and you can see the fear in the eyes of Hoge, Carter, et. al. whenever they make their weekly attempts to obfuscate the ever-growing highlight reel.

Broncos4Life
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM

I listen to this jag off every week on the radio. Living in Bears country, I only have 2 AM sports radio choices, or Dennis Miller while I'm driving to work.

I think the radio show is called Waddle and Silvy. The guy is a fackin moron. He said the Bears would beat KC, and that the Denver game next week is pretty winnable. This is post injury Cutler.

There was another show on espn Chicago sports radio in the evening a couple of weeks ago, and of course they were bad mouthing Tebow. The host said that the Broncos were pretty laughable as an organization. Said one of his buddies who is an analyst or whatever for Comcast sports in Denver, and whom is a Broncos fan, is utterly disgusted with what the franchise is doing with its gimmick Tebow offense, and can't wait to for the Tebow era to be over. I couldn't do anything but laugh.

Living out in Rockford I get the Bears and Packers markets on radio. I even get KOA Denver for some strange reason after 6pm. Before that its some Spanish station. Doesn't anyone else find that strange???

Anyway, the past few years I've listened to 4 markets on the radio. Denver, Arizona, Chicago, Green Bay. Chicago is by far the worst ever. These guys just really don't know football. And I know a lot of you guys can't stand some of the local Denver sports shows, but if you could listen to the crap I listen to m-f you would definitely agree these guys are downright awful. I can't wait to here all about it all week till gameday. I will report some of the ridiculous stuff they're saying next week.

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I listen to this jag off every week on the radio. Living in Bears country, I only have 2 AM sports radio choices, or Dennis Miller while I'm driving to work.

I think the radio show is called Waddle and Silvy. The guy is a fackin moron. He said the Bears would beat KC, and that the Denver game next week is pretty winnable. This is post injury Cutler.

There was another show on espn Chicago sports radio in the evening a couple of weeks ago, and of course they were bad mouthing Tebow. The host said that the Broncos were pretty laughable as an organization. Said one of his buddies who is an analyst or whatever for Comcast sports in Denver, and whom is a Broncos fan, is utterly disgusted with what the franchise is doing with its gimmick Tebow offense. I couldn't do anything but laugh.

Living out in Rockford I get the Bears and Packers markets on radio. I even get KOA Denver for some strange reason after 6pm. Before that its some Spanish station. Doesn't anyone else find that strange???

Anyway, the past few years I've listened to 4 markets on the radio. Denver, Arizona, Chicago, Green Bay. Chicago is by far the worst ever. These guys just really don't know football. And I know a lot of you guys can't stand some of the local Denver sports shows, but if you could listen to the crap I listen to m-f you would definitely agree these guys are downright awful. I can't wait to here all about it all week till gameday. I will report some of the ridiculous stuff they're saying next week.

I think crap analysis is standard and inherent fare for sports radio, so don't beat yourself up too much aboot it

barryr
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
These Tebow bashers would, and you know they would, if Tebow had a 25-35 300 yard passing game, but the Broncos lost, say "the Broncos just can't win with Tebow."

They said they couldn't win with him and as they keep doing so, then it becomes they can't win a Super Bowl after starting out 1-4 with a different QB no less.

But the sky is the limit for guys like Newton and Ponder? It is guaranteed they will play in Super Bowls sometime soon?

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 08:56 PM
These Tebow bashers would, and you know they would, if Tebow had a 25-35 300 yard passing game, but the Broncos lost, say "the Broncos just can't win with Tebow."

They said they couldn't win with him and as they keep doing so, then it becomes they can't win a Super Bowl after starting out 1-4 with a different QB no less.

But the sky is the limit for guys like Newton and Ponder? It is guaranteed they will play in Super Bowls sometime soon?

surely. irrational people can't be beaten, only ignored

Bob's your Information Minister
12-04-2011, 09:06 PM
He's right.

Tebow is going to be the Kordell Stewart of this generation.

Kordell Stewart had a few winning seasons too, and even made an AFC Championship.

In the end he won dick, because he was a joke of a QB.

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM
He's right.

Kordell Stewart had a few winning seasons too, and even made an AFC Championship.

isn't winning dick your idea of a good time?

12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes. Judging by Tebow's involvement with the opposite sex, it's his, too.

And I have to say, he's looking good.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h0GaLYr_B88/TJCA96Z2S8I/AAAAAAAAIfs/t6KcUNzZ2Xg/s1600/21.jpg

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM

Bazzziiiiiiiing!

Jetmeck
12-04-2011, 09:10 PM
He's right.

Keep every finger and tow crossed BOBO just like all my Chief fan friends who are worried to death about Tebow.

Their nightmare is coming to fruition................

Wes Mantooth
12-04-2011, 09:10 PM
He's right.

Winning dick, sounds like a new book about the last 30 years of the Chefs.

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
He's right.

IMO, he's much more dynamic than Kordell. Kordell was a huge puss. Tebow can flat out run over people. Also, the offense that is developing with Tebow is nothing at all like what Kordell ran. It is more difficult to defend. They are constantly building complementary layers of stuff onto it. Not a very good analogy, Bob.

TDmvp
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM

And balls ...

I'll gladly suck a few balls, goat or otherwise, if it means sending you guys into the abyss.

Actual Bob Quote.

:~ohyah!:
I just can't requote that one enough LOL ...

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM
Winning Dick.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2eg5euq.jpg

It's the prize Bob's after (literally).

Orange4Life
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM

You know he is a total douche bag when jamie dukes sounds like the smart one on the show

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
damn bob beatin down in record time

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
damn bob beatin down in record time

We're waiting from a post from you that involves bear claws. :)

12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
IMO, he's much more dynamic than Kordell. Kordell was a huge puss. Tebow can flat out run over people. Also, the offense that is developing with Tebow is nothing at all like what Kordell ran. It is more difficult to defend. They are constantly building complementary layers of stuff onto it. Not a very good analogy, Bob.

I agree it's not a very good analogy.

But only because Stewart started out as a much more accurate passer than Tebow will ever be. :rofl:

12-04-2011, 09:17 PM
And balls ...

Actual Bob Quote.

:~ohyah!:
I just can't requote that one enough LOL ...

Obviously I didn't gargle enough goat scrote.

Another offseason on the farm.

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I agree it's not a very good analogy.

But only because Stewart started out as a much more accurate passer than Tebow will ever be. :rofl:

Only time will tell.

Orange4Life
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM

LOL

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM
We're waiting from a post from you that involves bear claws. :)

I was kicking around a winning dick and a box of bear claws but i got sidetracked.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 09:19 PM
God Bob is a ruhtard...

Soul-Bronco
12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
anyone have a link to this ? missed it !!

12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11652/11932181.jpg

Wes Mantooth
12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
LOL

What does Captain Comeback have to say?

12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
This should be brutal.

SoCalBronco
12-04-2011, 09:28 PM
Ahahaha...that's awesome...both pics are, actually.

orangenblue
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
This is the same guy that thought Stevie Johnson should have been kicked off the team for impersonating Plaxico shooting himself in the leg. Hoge is just way to childish and emotional. He has to be right when he's wrong. Dude is an IDIOT!

orangenblue
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM
He's right.

Tebow has more athletic ability and physical and mental strength in his pinky finger than Stewart had in his entire body. Not too mention Stewart was a giant pussy. Stewart doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Tebow.

12-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Betcha Tebow will never make an AFC Championship game.

Betcha betcha.

Dagmar
12-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcha welcha.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-04-2011, 09:51 PM

Betcha betcha.

1 you never follow thru with ya bets welcher
2. you keep saying the broncos going to lose
3. every time you say something tebow proves you wrong i betcha kc wont be in the AFC championship betcha betcha right back bobby
KC WILL NOT MAKE IT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THIS YEAR
NEVER SAY NEVER
now why don't you disappear til next season LIKE YOU SAID

sinuous sausage
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM

Betcha betcha.

(a dick)

Agamemnon
Tebow has more athletic ability and physical and mental strength in his pinky finger than Stewart had in his entire body. Not too mention Stewart was a giant p***Y. Stewart doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Tebow.

Just as Bob's idiotic analogy probably didn't deserve your time and energy to refute. Just make fun of the tard. Don't actually debate football with him...

Wes Mantooth

Betcha betcha.

you are equally as delusional on this topic as you are thinking that the Chefs are building a winner.

Agamemnon
12-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I would so take that bet if it was coming from someone I could begin to take seriously...

Bronx33
12-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Enjoy 9 finger orton bob

12-04-2011, 10:00 PM
you are equally as delusional on this topic as you are thinking that the Chefs are building a winner.

Clark Hunt is an SMU valedictorian.

He does nothing but win.

He'll get it right.

Wes Mantooth
12-04-2011, 10:00 PM
last Chef QB to win in the postseason

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 10:44 PM
He's right.

He made a Superbowl douche. Something the Chiefs haven't done since 1971. KC would be lucky to have a QB as good as Kordell Stewart.

SimonFletcher73
12-04-2011, 10:52 PM
On Hoge's pro football reference page:

Steel Curtain Rising's Tribute to the '89 Steelers sponsor(s) this page.

Re-live the day that Merril Hoge captured the hearts of Steelers Nation with his legendary performance against Denver at Mile High in the 1989 playoffs.

So his best career moment came in a playoff loss to Denver. He's going to be bitter for awhile.

ZONA
12-04-2011, 11:02 PM
I have never like analysts who right out of the gate have to label players either future failures or future all stars. Good grief. Just give your opinions on the game or how you might see the next game. Nobody cares what you think might happen 3 years from now. Things in the NFL change so fast, so much depends on so many other factors.

I love what the 49'ers are doing right now because it shows that sometimes you may have the right guy there but certain things around him are not in place. Sometimes you need patience but the NFL of today is built on the what can you do for me now and you got 2 seasons to show us or you're done. That's BS. All the glory and all the blame are too quickly thrown at the QB. I'm sorry but good coaching and poor coaching are much bigger factors then most fans and media scrubs care to acknowledge.

Hamrob
12-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Tom Waddle is another ass clown like Hogue. Have you ever listened to him on the NFLN? The same exact rant. It's like these guys truly hate Tebow. Amazing really.

What's mystifying is how supportive Waddle is of TJ Yates....but, Tebow....he's a circus. What a tool Waddle is!

Hamrob
12-04-2011, 11:17 PM

Betcha betcha.Could happen this year.

Here's how:

We win the division. We play the first game at home and beat the Jets/Bengals.

To make the championship game....all we will have to do is win one more game. It would be on the road against 1 of 3 teams:

New England
Pittsburgh
Baltimore

Let's say that the other division winner (Houston) loses their game against the other wild card team (probably Baltimore). The Playoff games would then be something like:

Balt/Pitt
Den/NE

Then, we beat New England for the 2nd time in a row...and we are in the Championship game. And if Balt beats Pitt....that game would be in Denver.

Uh-oh! Could it be??

TDmvp
12-04-2011, 11:27 PM
On Hoge's pro football reference page:

Steel Curtain Rising's Tribute to the '89 Steelers sponsor(s) this page.

Re-live the day that Merril Hoge captured the hearts of Steelers Nation with his legendary performance against Denver at Mile High in the 1989 playoffs.

So his best career moment came in a playoff loss to Denver. He's going to be bitter for awhile.

Yea and his "best" career moment was 16 att. 120 yards , and one TD ...
Hell Tebow craps those type of numbers on the ground.

broncocalijohn
12-04-2011, 11:55 PM

They crank up the juice (50,000 watts blow torch baby!) once the sun drops and hits night time. I get 850 KOA after 5:30 in California. That station is heard all over the West and even Mid West where you are.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 12:13 AM
if you want to listen to koa and your at ya pc why dont u go to their web site and listen to it ?

pikkiwoki
12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
Bet you are talking about Tom Waddle (think I spelled it right) ... He's a ex Bear and a total douche tag.

There was another show on espn Chicago sports radio in the evening a couple of weeks ago, and of course they were bad mouthing Tebow. The host said that the Broncos were pretty laughable as an organization. Said one of his buddies who is an analyst or whatever for Comcast sports in Denver, and whom is a Broncos fan, is utterly disgusted with what the franchise is doing with its gimmick Tebow offense, and can't wait to for the Tebow era to be over. I couldn't do anything but laugh.

Tom Waddle is another ass clown like Hogue. Have you ever listened to him on the NFLN? The same exact rant. It's like these guys truly hate Tebow. Amazing really.

What's mystifying is how supportive Waddle is of TJ Yates....but, Tebow....he's a circus. What a tool Waddle is!

Tom Waddle heckling today's win, moving the goalposts, just like Hoge:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2FYceB72uUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a douche.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 12:44 AM

What a douche.

"Dan Marino, your record's not safe."

Yeah that rates pretty high on the douche-o-meter.

Archer81
12-05-2011, 12:51 AM
**** em. People do not like to be proven wrong. Tebow continues to do that, so they act like someone bruised their vaginas.

They'll get over it.

Agamemnon
12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
**** em. People do not like to be proven wrong. Tebow continues to do that, so they act like someone bruised their vaginas.

They'll get over it.

I hope they never get over it. I hope it burns for years to come. It's fun to watch the little worms squirm...

broncocalijohn
12-05-2011, 01:25 AM
"How far can Tebow take the Broncos?" Asking about 1st round playoff round.
Tom Waddle's answer," Is Von Miller going to be healthy?" Ah, he was out this game and they won. He didnt think they would win a playoff game....at home in the first round (most likely scenario).

Waddle also thinks he is a Bronco hater because Dukes stated it not because of his answers and snide remarks all along.

This guy makes Duke enjoyable to listen to..yuck!

NYBronc
12-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Hoge is doing a 180 on Mike and Mike. Now he is saying other teams might embrace the read-option since it's so hard to find a Brady, Rogers, or Brees.

barryr
12-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Hoge is doing a 180 on Mike and Mike. Now he is saying other teams might embrace the read-option since it's so hard to find a Brady, Rogers, or Brees.

So he is admitting this offense could succeed considering they are making this offense as the season goes, which is quite difficult.

If nothing else, this may help those QB's who would never be considered to be a QB and would have to switch to a different position to just make an NFL roster and will be given more of a chance to stay a QB at least.

Momentum
12-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Merrill loves factor backs.

Kaylore
12-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Now Merrill is saying this morning on Mike & Mike that with Tebow and Cam Newton that since its easier to find a throw/option style QB that teams will start using that style of offense next season more.

Peoples Champ
12-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Now Merrill is saying this morning on Mike & Mike that with Tebow and Cam Newton that since its easier to find a throw/option style QB that teams will start using that style of offense next season more.

Ya I heard that, Merrill started the season saying that the Broncos should be embarrassed to think that Tebow can be a QB in the league and win and his style will never win.

Now, Merrill is saying that teams may copycat the broncos by taking Robert Griffin from Baylor and build around a stretch offense because you cant find a Brady or a Manning easily.

Dude is a duche.

broncobum6162
12-05-2011, 07:44 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2FYceB72uUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What a douche.

I had to quit listening.....No credit from Waddle whatsoever. Dukes was actually sticking up for the kid...

broncobum6162
12-05-2011, 07:45 AM

This will be the new mantra from the haters now. They can no longer deny his abilities so they need to dilute what he's doing and make it sound easy.

barryr
12-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Ya I heard that, Merrill started the season saying that the Broncos should be embarrassed to think that Tebow can be a QB in the league and win and his style will never win.

Now, Merrill is saying that teams may copycat the broncos by taking Robert Griffin from Baylor and build around a stretch offense because you cant find a Brady or a Manning easily.

Dude is a duche.

Who the heck names their boy Merrill?

Chris
12-05-2011, 08:40 AM

I'm guessing a guy named Mervin, Marv or Morvill.

Either way he's not getting laid much.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 08:43 AM

Mike and Mike were both covering for him on their show because they've also been very critical of Tebow, so they're all looking out for each other. Skip Bayless is the only commentator in a position to call out all the bull****ters. All the others are goat tainted.

RaiderH8r
12-05-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm guessing a guy named Mervin, Marv or Morvill.

Either way he's not getting laid much.

At least not until he does something about those plugs.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 08:50 AM
At least not until he does something about those plugs.

Merril "Plugs" Hoge

Merril "Blockhead" Hoge

Merril "Goalpost Mover" Hoge

ScottXray
12-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Could happen this year.

Here's how:

We win the division. We play the first game at home and beat the Jets/Bengals.

To make the championship game....all we will have to do is win one more game. It would be on the road against 1 of 3 teams:

New England
Pittsburgh
Baltimore

Let's say that the other division winner (Houston) loses their game against the other wild card team (probably Baltimore). The Playoff games would then be something like:

Balt/Pitt
Den/NE

Then, we beat New England for the 2nd time in a row...and we are in the Championship game. And if Balt beats Pitt....that game would be in Denver.

Uh-oh! Could it be??

Fantasys are great....but in the real world we will probably face Pitt in the first game and have to go to Balt in the 2nd. Both the exact type of team we are, but with better ( read more polished and better weapons overall)offenses, and extremely good defenses. To win either of those would be a surprise. Of course Tebow seems to find a way, but he hasn't faced that level of team yet ( Not counting Detroit since we were still running the Orton offense then).

If we make the playoffs we are going to miss having experienced WRs.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
"Dan Marino, your record's not safe."

Yeah that rates pretty high on the douche-o-meter.

i thought it was in reference to Dan Marino 's rookie record toward ponder.

broncocalijohn
12-05-2011, 11:22 AM
i thought it was in reference to Dan Marino 's rookie record toward ponder.

Why would that be? Marino had a **** load of yards his rookie season that would make any veteran line up for those stats. He seemed to say it when discussing a Tebow throw.

Steve Sewell
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Sorry if this was already posted, but here's John Ritchie on Cowturd's show saying that he could have snapped the ball between his legs and hit Thomas because he was so wide open.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7319329

This is probably the most idiotic take I've heard about Tebow yet. Moving the goalposts indeed.

Armchair Bronco
12-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Sorry if this was already posted, but here's John Ritchie on Cowturd's show saying that he could have snapped the ball between his legs and hit Thomas because he was so wide open.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7319329

This is probably the most idiotic take I've heard about Tebow yet. Moving the goalposts indeed.

I'll bet Cowturd snickered uncontrollably. Thing is: if you want to get invited to Cowherd's show, you need to bash Tebow to prove your credentials. I actually used to like Cowherd, but he's become insufferable over the last 12-18 months. Too much money, too much air time, same old story.

A hater for hater's sake.

Steve Sewell
12-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Haha just listed to Scott Van Pelt's podcast and Ritchie said that he likes TJ Yates better than Tebow.

How the **** does this guy have a job?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_h0GaLYr_B88/TJCA96Z2S8I/AAAAAAAAIfs/t6KcUNzZ2Xg/s1600/21.jpg[/QUOTE]

OH MAN BOB IS IN LOVE WITH TEBOW AND WANTS TO ANAL PROBE HIM WITH HIS DICK !!!!
you better stay away from Tebow bob. Mcgruder stalking him first
why don't you go stalk that smexy lil Orton boy.

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 12:53 PM
The longer people hate on Tebow the better off we are IMO. It's going to polarize the team and make them closer. All of these players in killer shape. All of them strong and fast. Who knows what the difference between Ray Lewis and DJ Williams really is. Both are obviously huge strong guys, just one has been more dominant. But guys like DJ IMO are starting to play harder. I see him trying to shed blocks like a madman where before I criticized him for sucking at that. When a team comes together, and starts really believing and playing hard, they can beat anyone. Bears better watch out because I don't think Broncos take anyone for granted. I don't think they care who they play anymore. They are going 110% no matter what.

They have some big holes still talent wise, but if I was the Pats, I would not want to send Brady out to play a Broncos team fighting for a playoff spot. Bears already have everyone hurt so they have less to lose and IMO will come out fighting. Going to be a tough 2 games for sure.