PDA

View Full Version : Interesting quote by Colquitt...

KO5K
12-04-2011, 06:46 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_19465889?source=commented-#ixzz1fZQOp4RX

The Vikings' players were ready for a change at quarterback, the Broncos not so eager. "I would guess 90 percent of the players had doubt, really, when Tim became the starter," Broncos punter Britton Colquitt​ told me. "I played against him three times in college (while at Tennessee). I saw what he could do, and I knew he'd make something happen. I wasn't astounded.

"I believe 100 percent of the players are totally behind Tim now."I'm presuming he meant 90% of Bronco players and not just NFL players.

Anyway, thought it was interesting and reinforces the idea that maybe Fox really did have no choice but to start Orton in the beginning.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
So... Not conspeeraseez?

bowtown
12-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Today marks the beginning of the fan campaign against Colquitt.

Punters should shut their mouths. He's not even very good anyway. He couldn't beat out Kern two years ago. His brother is Chief. He probably has a secret agenda and I heard he was a drug addict.

ColoradoDarin
12-04-2011, 07:01 AM
Where's Nate Jackson to try and put a punter in his place (and failing miserably)?

cmhargrove
12-04-2011, 07:23 AM
We need to make sure these percentages make it into the winning formula that someone around here was trying to develop...

Colquitt seems like a good kid, and I was really pretty nervous when we let a good punter go (Kern) and gave him the reins. However, he has had a lot to do with our teams' field position success. Also, I love the brother v brother thing happening twice a season now.

McDman
12-04-2011, 07:52 AM
Colquitt is projecting! Witch Hunt!

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Hater.

Shotgun Willie
12-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Colquitt is a Raider fan.

Jay3
12-04-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm glad they've come along. Before the switch, I was starting to dislike the team culture, because they were starting to seem oblivious to the losing. A malaise had settled over the team, one that seem to say "We're going to lose anyway, so let's not try anything that other people mike make fun of."

Now it's like the boats are burned. Emotionally, they're riding it as far as it will take them.

The hope is that Tebow can figure things out in time to hang onto the job and do the things he'll have to do to stay successful.

Kaylore
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
:rofl: great responses. This also is evidence John Fox handled the situation as well as could be given Orton's shooting down the trade.

theAPAOps5
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_19465889?source=commented-#ixzz1fZQOp4RX

I'm presuming he meant 90% of Bronco players and not just NFL players.

Anyway, thought it was interesting and reinforces the idea that maybe Fox really did have no choice but to start Orton in the beginning.

Yes they loved Orton. Seriously, I think that is why the change took longer en it needed.

Dedhed
12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't get what's interesting about it.

TheReverend
12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Today marks the beginning of the fan campaign against Colquitt.

Punters should shut their mouths. He's not even very good anyway. He couldn't beat out Kern two years ago. His brother is Chief. He probably has a secret agenda and I heard he was a drug addict.

Completely untrue. Colquitt is a hero. That 90% though... Ill sniff them out... :yayaya:

vonqkilla
12-04-2011, 09:38 AM
When woody says a couple wrs still doubt, etc...
Understatement if the century. Guess who...

Lol

MacGruder
12-04-2011, 02:32 PM
So much for football players knowing who can play or not as Merril Hoge keeps trying to tell us..

And who cares what the players think? If your coach is making decisions based on players evaluations your in trouble. That stupidity truly could have cost the Broncos a championship last season or this season.. maybe even next season because Tebow missed valuable development time and the team should have been building around him.