PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

TDmvp
06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Okay, LeBron is a farce and this game proves it.

He scored 30 points and 12 of them in the most important period, the 4th. So not his fault right? He filled up the stats sheets as usual, and he scored a good amount of points in the 4th and decided quarter.

But really look at that 4th period. He scored 10 points by the 8:10 mark of the period. For the next 8 minutes he went scoreless. And he got that final layup with :09 left on the clock because Boston pretty much let him have it because they didn't want to foul and give up a 3 point play.

Wade kept them in the game over the last 8 minutes of the game while LeBron was not aggressive.

People need to stop looking at LeBron's stats and really look at what he does. When the game mattered the most, in the second half of the 4th period in a close game, LeBron was nowhere to be found. But he finished with 30 points and 12 in the 4th.

Jeez , great summery Jason. Watching that in real time and on the edge of my seat being a Celtics fan I didn't even notice how little he did in the forth.

I will say at one point late in the quarter my girlfriend actually say boy Lebron hasn't taken many shots down the stretch. I chuckled and thought it was cute she used a sports term "down the stretch" and went back to being a nervous mess. But after the game while watching the highlights and seeing your post I was like damn I didn't realize how little he did in the biggest game so far of their season at crunch time.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 10:24 PM
There was a couple shots he took but they bricked. Chalmers took a few. You know it's a heat loss when theres no dude rockin aviators with their shirt undone in here

Bob's your Information Minister
06-05-2012, 10:30 PM
MAVEN

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/593373617.png?key=715477&Expires=1338956607&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=cyW9lgSBJObOurM-bwwJ4nahXPM4MNtizpp13-LkNL93PqtIs8gzyRlVKqWgwuJWtoWUwFywjUELcrdh6XuP5eVa Yj8qRhIC4EwdOL6QNviqG5OHvAaqiQ1%7E3T%7EctntyhxIXOI cY6WBcJY1fDR27EDPMKSUb8lohiaZ5Gs3Z9ic_

Rolandftw
06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Reverse Jinx:

There is no way the Thunder or Celtics lose game 6.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Interesting that when this big 3 landed in Miami, there was talk about other super stars teaming up to form other super teams. Chris Paul was supposed to find his way to the Knicks to form a super team there. Howard and D Williams are supposed to land in Dallas to form a super team with Dirk.

This Heat experiment might make GMs think twice about loading up a team with 2 or 3 stars with no supporting cast. Too many stars means no cap space for good role players.

And it will be interesting to see how many years that the Thunder can keep this team together. Because these guys are so young, they are pretty cheap.

I think it more proves only having two players doesn't work. And I still think James and Wade are oil and water together. I dont think this game proves he's a "farce." I will say he needs his own team. I hate watching him defer to Wade. Thats not **** he did on Cleveland. He's also friggin gassed. Im not sure what to blame that on, and you can attack his mental toughness and i couldnt disagree, I think the fact that he has to bang down low has hurt him this series. He was standing around during some possessions at the end there. Their lack of bigs killed them.

I doubt this thunder team will stay together for long, unless they get real unselfish. Harden could be a 1 somewhere. Ibaka is a real good player and could command big money. They can't afford 4 big contracts, nor will Presti do that. They'll obviously keep Westbrook and KD...but they'll have tough decisions to make once its time for Harden and Ibaka to get paid.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2012, 11:06 PM
Oh, and neither of these series are over.

TDmvp
06-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Oh, and neither of these series are over.

/agree

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2012, 04:50 AM
Anyone care to bump their "Miami is going to sweep the Cs" predictions? :)

bfoflcommish
06-06-2012, 07:37 AM
dont have much to say do ya.

:giggle:

Hilarious!:curtsey::wave::giggle::~ohyah!::yayaya:

cousinal11
06-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Something tells me unbuttoned shirt boy will show up if queen james and the heat win game 6. On that note, go Celtics!

Butterscotch Stallion
06-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm not following the heat series....i just check mavens post count to see whats happening.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Must be bill paying time. Or he's feeding his 20 kids

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Must be bill paying time. Or he's feeding his 20 kids

Seriously. Must be tough not having a minute to spare since Saturday. Poor girl must be exhausted.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 08:59 AM
I just looked at the play by play again and it gets worse for LeBron in the 4th.

By the 8:10 mark he was 3 for 3 (2 of them 3 pointers) and he hit both of his free throws, giving him 10 points. He took a shot at the 7:30 mark, missing it. He did not take another shot until the 1:13 mark in the game, which he missed.

That 8 minute period where he did not score any points, it was because he only took 1 shot. In a pivotal game, when it mattered the most, he takes only 1 shot in 8 minutes of play.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=320605014&period=4

Beantown Bronco
06-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Yikes. Seriously, God help him if he doesn't light it up in crunch time tomorrow night. He'll have this to look forward to all summer (again)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cjzp7-gYmlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TonyR
06-06-2012, 09:31 AM
I dont think this game proves he's a "farce."

^ Yup. The real "farce" here is calling the most talented player in the league a farce. You can say he's not maximizing his abilities, you can say he's not a "leader", you can say he needs to do better, you can say he's a disappointment. But a guy who goes 30-13 isn't a "farce" by any stretch. He's clearly not a "cold blooded killer" the way a Michael Jordan was and the way a Kobe Bryant is. That's just not what he is. And the Heat are a flawed team. Supporting cast isn't good enough, particularly with Bosh not being anywhere near 100%.

swaiy
06-06-2012, 09:44 AM
^ Yup. The real "farce" here is calling the most talented player in the league a farce. You can say he's not maximizing his abilities, you can say he's not a "leader", you can say he needs to do better, you can say he's a disappointment. But a guy who goes 30-13 isn't a "farce" by any stretch. He's clearly not a "cold blooded killer" the way a Michael Jordan was and the way a Kobe Bryant is. That's just not was he is. And the Heat are a flawed team. Supporting cast isn't good enough, particularly with Bosh not being anywhere near 100%.

Please get out with your logical thinking. Only pure hatred is allowed here.

bombay
06-06-2012, 10:20 AM
I think you can track James' late game struggles directly back to the Cleveland/Boston series in his last year in Cleveland, three seasons ago. He kind of disappeared in that series, and there was a lot of speculation that he'd tanked it and was on his way out the door. Well, he was on his way out the door, but who knows if he was tanking. He's kind of like a golfer with the yips, or Steve Sax trying to throw the ball to the first baseman.

OrangeCrush2724
06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Anyone care to bump their "Miami is going to sweep the Cs" predictions? :)

I don't think Maven or I had any predictions. We both have said, its going to be a tough series.

Let's see if they could put the nail in the coffin.

swaiy
06-06-2012, 11:20 AM
I think the Spurs will be relaxing on their couches in the comfort of their homes soon. The Spurs are an awesome team but I think the Thunder could destroy them if KD got into the game sooner. Westbrook just goes off on his own sometimes and it's really frustrating to watch.

I can't count the number of times his teammates get in position for him to run a play and he just drives into the paint and takes a ridiculous shot that he has no chance of making. ****, in the last game he had Durant standing in the corner all by his lonesome and what does he do? He double dribbles. WTF.

Russell is good but when he is having a bad night, it is terribly frustrating to watch. I know KD would never do it but I just wish he would come out say it: Give me the damn ball.

cousinal11
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't think Maven or I had any predictions. We both have said, its going to be a tough series.

Props to you as a heat fan for not hiding when the going gets tough like lebron or maven.

DENVERDUI55
06-06-2012, 11:42 AM

Maven predicted the title for them. It's no surprise he is hiding like the coward he is.

OrangeCrush2724
06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Maven predicted the title for them. It's no surprise he is hiding like the coward he is.

The reference was to sweeping the C's. Which I don't think Maven predicted.

DBroncos4life
06-06-2012, 12:16 PM
^ Yup. The real "farce" here is calling the most talented player in the league a farce. You can say he's not maximizing his abilities, you can say he's not a "leader", you can say he needs to do better, you can say he's a disappointment. But a guy who goes 30-13 isn't a "farce" by any stretch. He's clearly not a "cold blooded killer" the way a Michael Jordan was and the way a Kobe Bryant is. That's just not what he is. And the Heat are a flawed team. Supporting cast isn't good enough, particularly with Bosh not being anywhere near 100%.

Get the **** out of here with his supporting cast isn't good enough. I heard the same **** when he was a Cav. Maybe it's James that is the problem.

OrangeSe7en
06-06-2012, 12:20 PM

One could argue that these two things are what make him a farce. One could argue that the 30/13 just makes him a paper tiger if he's not consistently contributing in a meaningful way when it matters most.

Having said that, I think the criticism of LeBron, where this series is concerned, is vastly overstated. If there's anyone who should be called out, it's Wade. But then also, Spoelstra needs to wear some of the blame. LeBron and Wade do so much taking turn of going iso that, against a team like Boston, by the end of the game, their go to moves become somewhat predictable and Boston becomes better at the end of the game at choking things off. This is why you see Wade and James settling for long jumpers.

But there's also a glaring reality in that Boston is really strong where Miami is extremely weak. The disparity between Boston and Miami at PG and C is much greater than Miami's advantage at SG and SF. At least this is true in most games. This is why there's validity in the observations that a big 3 doesnt work. It's probably more accurate to say that a big 3 needs to have 3 players who are more complementary and not as redundant.

TonyR
06-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Get the **** out of here with his supporting cast isn't good enough. I heard the same **** when he was a Cav. Maybe it's James that is the problem.

Beyond the "big three" you'd be hard pressed to find many teams with less overall talent. Nothing close to the support Durrant, Westbrook and Harden have in OKC, for example. I also don't think LeBron and Wade are very well matched, and I don't think the scheme/style of play they run is ideal.

And I'm not totally absolving LeBron of any blame or saying he's beyond criticism. I just think the criticism and hate go way overboard. For example, saying he's a "farce". That's just stupid. If Pierce misses that 3-pointer last night and the Heat pull it out nobody is talking about what a failure LeBron James is today.

TonyR
06-06-2012, 12:31 PM
One could argue that these two things are what make him a farce. One could argue that the 30/13 just makes him a paper tiger if he's not consistently contributing in a meaningful way when it matters most.

Having said that, I think the criticism of LeBron, where this series is concerned, is vastly overstated. If there's anyone who should be called out, it's Wade. But then also, Spoelstra needs to wear some of the blame. LeBron and Wade do so much taking turn of going iso that, against a team like Boston, by the end of the game, their go to moves become somewhat predictable and Boston becomes better at the end of the game at choking things off. This is why you see Wade and James settling for long jumpers.

But there's also a glaring reality in that Boston is really strong where Miami is extremely weak. The disparity between Boston and Miami at PG and C is much greater than Miami's advantage at SG and SF. At least this is true in most games. This is why there's validity in the observations that a big 3 doesnt work. It's probably more accurate to say that a big 3 needs to have 3 players who are more complementary and not as redundant.

^ Very good post. Agree with all of it (except maybe the first sentence to some extent). I almost mentioned both coaching and the PG & C issue in my previous post.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 12:37 PM
^ Very good post. Agree with all of it (except maybe the first sentence to some extent). I almost mentioned both coaching and the PG & C issue in my previous post.

Plus, another reason they are settling for jumpers is cuz they are tired. Plain and simple. And they look it.

bombay
06-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Those old men from Boston probably have some megavitamins or something to keep the tired off of them. They probably all had strong family backgrounds, too.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Those old men from Boston probably have some megavitamins or something to keep the tired off of them. They probably all had strong family backgrounds, too.

They get more rest. And arent asked to play out of position

bombay
06-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Udonis Haslem seems to be avoiding the tired plague as well, with his 12 boards per game in this series. He probably takes advantage of the fact that he has a day off between every game, and with timeouts coming no more than 4 minutes apart, gets a little downtime.

OrangeSe7en
06-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Udonis Haslem seems to be avoiding the tired plague as well, with his 12 boards per game in this series. He probably takes advantage of the fact that he has a day off between every game, and with timeouts coming no more than 4 minutes apart, gets a little downtime.

It helps him to get rebounds when paint players have to rotate to help defend LeBron. In this scenario, Haslem has empty space to get rebounds because his guy had to help on LeBron or Wade. It also helps that Boston is playing small and isn't one of the best rebounding teams to begin with.

bombay
06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Well, ok. I'm having trouble keeping up with exactly what the problem is here, so I'll take your word for it.

DBroncos4life
06-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Beyond the "big three" you'd be hard pressed to find many teams with less overall talent. Nothing close to the support Durrant, Westbrook and Harden have in OKC, for example. I also don't think LeBron and Wade are very well matched, and I don't think the scheme/style of play they run is ideal.

And I'm not totally absolving LeBron of any blame or saying he's beyond criticism. I just think the criticism and hate go way overboard. For example, saying he's a "farce". That's just stupid. If Pierce misses that 3-pointer last night and the Heat pull it out nobody is talking about what a failure LeBron James is today.

Yeah outside of three super stars they are short on talent lol. As pointed out when it MATERS the most James is no where around.

DBroncos4life
06-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Plus, another reason they are settling for jumpers is cuz they are tired. Plain and simple. And they look it.

Complaining to the refs is hard work.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 02:24 PM

You just proved my point, that people look at his stat line and then put him on a pedestal. When they needed his help to guide them to a victory, he was nowhere to be found. He played great for 3 1/3 quarters. Sorry, if he's going to do that and not show up when it really counts, then he's not helping his team win at the highest level. The Heat were down by 3 points early in the 4th and then LeBron hits a lay up and a 3, giving them a 2 point lead. They extended that lead to 6. All LeBron had to do was finish the game strong and they win it. But he took his foot off the gas and the Celtics cruised right past the Heat. If I were a Heat fan, I'd be pretty pissed that a guy can play so great up until the end of the game, and the reason he doesn't play great is because he stops giving effort.

You're right. He is no Jordan or Kobe. And he isn't Magic, Bird, Russell, or any of the greatest players ever. He doesn't deserve the praise that those guys get. He needs to earn it, and so far he hasn't.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 02:32 PM
I think you can track James' late game struggles directly back to the Cleveland/Boston series in his last year in Cleveland, three seasons ago. He kind of disappeared in that series, and there was a lot of speculation that he'd tanked it and was on his way out the door. Well, he was on his way out the door, but who knows if he was tanking. He's kind of like a golfer with the yips, or Steve Sax trying to throw the ball to the first baseman.

I watched that Game 5 game in Cleveland. It was the same situation as last night. Winner of the game was probably going to win the series. In the first half of that game LeBron hung his teammates out to dry. The Cavs started the game pretty good without James doing anything. But then the Celtics went on a crazy run. Like a 20-0 late in the 1st period, and the rout was on. James sat back and watched the Celtics have their way with the Cavs. He was just hanging by the 3 point line, and when the ball was passed to him, he passed it right back. If the Cavs would have won that game, they probably would have won that series. The rumor after the game was that James had just found out that West had been sleeping with his mom.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 02:35 PM

I mentioned to you a couple times that you shouldn't associate yourself with that guy. I figured you'd show up, but we all know Maven wouldn't. And Maven doesn't recognize the possibility that the Heat can lose. He acts as if it was already written that they are going to win, then runs and hides when it doesn't happen.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 02:36 PM
You just proved my point, that people look at his stat line and then put him on a pedestal. When they needed his help to guide them to a victory, he was nowhere to be found. He played great for 3 1/3 quarters. Sorry, if he's going to do that and not show up when it really counts, then he's not helping his team win at the highest level. The Heat were down by 3 points early in the 4th and then LeBron hits a lay up and a 3, giving them a 2 point lead. They extended that lead to 6. All LeBron had to do was finish the game strong and they win it. But he took his foot off the gas and the Celtics cruised right past the Heat. If I were a Heat fan, I'd be pretty pissed that a guy can play so great up until the end of the game, and the reason he doesn't play great is because he stops giving effort.

You're right. He is no Jordan or Kobe. And he isn't Magic, Bird, Russell, or any of the greatest players ever. He doesn't deserve the praise that those guys get. He needs to earn it, and so far he hasn't.

Not yet. He's not exactly 36 either, but he shouldnt be necessarily mentioned with those guys QUITE yet. However, i'm gonna put him in a special holding cell all his own because hes a supremely talented basketball player, has put up absolute historic numbers, can flat out dominate play, but he does have this weird thing about shying away at the end. Cant explain it, because with cleveland he didnt.

Also, yes, he's not getting it done. But think about what this team would look like without him. Right now, its him, D-wade, and a bunch of trash. Its really 2 guys giving the celts all they can handle

TonyR
06-06-2012, 02:37 PM

I'm okay with much of what you said here with the notable exception of the bolded parts. Most people aren't putting him on a pedastal or praising him. He's instead getting all the blame.

As far as "disappearing" down the stretch I assume you're referring specifically to scoring. I'd be curious to know how many rebounds, assists, and other plays he made. I'd also to be curious to know how Boston changed defensive tactics down the stretch. They probably started doubling and/or helping on LeBron more. I heard comments this morning that Rivers coached circles around Spoelstra, and one of the things they mentioned is that the Celtics would frequently change defenses and looks. And they have the savvy, veteran, experienced team to do stuff like this.

But yes, I agree with you that LeBron needs to do more in these situations. I'm just not ready to say he's a bum because he didn't set the world on fire down the stretch last night.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I watched that Game 5 game in Cleveland. It was the same situation as last night. Winner of the game was probably going to win the series. In the first half of that game LeBron hung his teammates out to dry. The Cavs started the game pretty good without James doing anything. But then the Celtics went on a crazy run. Like a 20-0 late in the 1st period, and the rout was on. James sat back and watched the Celtics have their way with the Cavs. He was just hanging by the 3 point line, and when the ball was passed to him, he passed it right back. If the Cavs would have won that game, they probably would have won that series. The rumor after the game was that James had just found out that West had been sleeping with his mom.

And i hope the rumor is true...just like the one about Hillis hitting on McD's wife

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 02:41 PM
The supporting cast may or may not be the problem in Cle or miami. What may be the problem is James doesn't lift the supporting cast around him. Some superstars make their teammates better and get the most out of them, while some make the supporting cast worse.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Well whose fault is it that the Heat are a team of three players and not much else? LeBron could have went to more well balanced team, but he and the other two chose to form a super team. Didn't the figure that the salary cap wouldn't allow them to build a complete team? He kind of gets a pass for the cast in Cleveland because he was drafted there and that was a tough place to attract other good players. But he hand picked this team he's on.

As for the farce comment, yes, he is. Now I have stated that he is a great player, but he's been built up to being potentially the great player ever, and people will point to his stats to support that argument. Looking at what happened last night, and what has happened in several other key moments of his career, yes, it is a farce. He's a HOF player. No question about that. But when compared to the greatest players ever, he falls short. Way short.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Not yet. He's not exactly 36 either, but he shouldnt be necessarily mentioned with those guys QUITE yet. However, i'm gonna put him in a special holding cell all his own because hes a supremely talented basketball player, has put up absolute historic numbers, can flat out dominate play, but he does have this weird thing about shying away at the end. Cant explain it, because with cleveland he didnt.

Also, yes, he's not getting it done. But think about what this team would look like without him. Right now, its him, D-wade, and a bunch of trash. Its really 2 guys giving the celts all they can handle

The bold part is a perfect description of him. I've never said that he doesn't have the talent or the skills. What he is at his best is just insane. The size, strength, quickness, shooting ability. It's just crazy that one guy can be so much of a freak of nature. But when his team needs him to be at his best, he shrinks. And that's my argument right there. He has every thing he needs to make a run at being the greatest ever, and he just shuts it down when it's time to win the game. It's just weird. And it's like clockwork. Two things you know to be true. LeBron will not come through when it really matters, and Maven will not show up when the Heat lose.

Really looking at it, the one guy who could solve all of LeBron's issues is Phil Jackson. Jackson would rub some zen on him or what ever the hell he's really doing, because he's not coaching during games, and LeBron would probably average 40/15/15 a night.

cmhargrove
06-06-2012, 02:55 PM
I think the Spurs will be relaxing on their couches in the comfort of their homes soon. The Spurs are an awesome team but I think the Thunder could destroy them if KD got into the game sooner. Westbrook just goes off on his own sometimes and it's really frustrating to watch.

I can't count the number of times his teammates get in position for him to run a play and he just drives into the paint and takes a ridiculous shot that he has no chance of making. ****, in the last game he had Durant standing in the corner all by his lonesome and what does he do? He double dribbles. WTF.

Russell is good but when he is having a bad night, it is terribly frustrating to watch. I know KD would never do it but I just wish he would come out say it: Give me the damn ball.

Tonight the Thunder will punch their ticket. It has been an exciting series, and after the first two games I thought the Spurs had their number. However, I think that the first two Spurs-Thunder games finally forced the Thunder to be come the team they needed to be in order to win the championship.

The Thunder absolutely don't quit, and they have kept learning and growing as a team this entire playoff run. Tonight, they will put away the best team in the NBA, and they will become the next best team on the dance floor. It sure has been fun to watch, but a healthy Thunder team will win this whole shooting match.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm okay with much of what you said here with the notable exception of the bolded parts. Most people aren't putting him on a pedastal or praising him. He's instead getting all the blame.

As far as "disappearing" down the stretch I assume you're referring specifically to scoring. I'd be curious to know how many rebounds, assists, and other plays he made. I'd also to be curious to know how Boston changed defensive tactics down the stretch. They probably started doubling and/or helping on LeBron more. I heard comments this morning that Rivers coached circles around Spoelstra, and one of the things they mentioned is that the Celtics would frequently change defenses and looks. And they have the savvy, veteran, experienced team to do stuff like this.

But yes, I agree with you that LeBron needs to do more in these situations. I'm just not ready to say he's a bum because he didn't set the world on fire down the stretch last night.

According to the play by play, LeBron is credited with one rebound and one assist in the 4th period. The evidence just keeps mounting against this guy.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=320605014&period=4

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Well whose fault is it that the Heat are a team of three players and not much else? LeBron could have went to more well balanced team, but he and the other two chose to form a super team. Didn't the figure that the salary cap wouldn't allow them to build a complete team? He kind of gets a pass for the cast in Cleveland because he was drafted there and that was a tough place to attract other good players. But he hand picked this team he's on.

As for the farce comment, yes, he is. Now I have stated that he is a great player, but he's been built up to being potentially the great player ever, and people will point to his stats to support that argument. Looking at what happened last night, and what has happened in several other key moments of his career, yes, it is a farce. He's a HOF player. No question about that. But when compared to the greatest players ever, he falls short. Way short.

Again, he still has a lot of basketball left, but hes STILL on that trajectory. Your Phil Jackson comment is a good one, but that probably wont happen. Also, he didn't used to shrink in the big spots. He is the owner of the 48 special! He's hit some big shots in his career (that 3 at the end of game 2 in the ECF a few years ago comes to mind). He should not be on a team with D-wade. Shoulda gone to the knicks!

bfoflcommish
06-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Tonight the Thunder will punch their ticket. It has been an exciting series, and after the first two games I thought the Spurs had their number. However, I think that the first two Spurs-Thunder games finally forced the Thunder to be come the team they needed to be in order to win the championship.
The Thunder absolutely don't quit, and they have kept learning and growing as a team this entire playoff run. Tonight, they will put away the best team in the NBA, and they will become the next best team on the dance floor. It sure has been fun to watch, but a healthy Thunder team will win this whole shooting match.

Just as they said in 4th quarter of game 5, we were watching the torch get passed right in front of our eyes. If the egos can stay away like they have in san antonio for so long this thunder team can be what Miami was supposed to be.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Again, he still has a lot of basketball left, but hes STILL on that trajectory. Your Phil Jackson comment is a good one, but that probably wont happen. Also, he didn't used to shrink in the big spots. He is the owner of the 48 special! He's hit some big shots in his career (that 3 at the end of game 2 in the ECF a few years ago comes to mind). He should not be on a team with D-wade. Shoulda gone to the knicks!

Yep, he's in his prime right now, but he's going to be on the back end of that prime before we know it. So he needs to get to winning some titles sooner than later

I agree that he should not be teamed up with Wade. They just do to many of the same things on offense. But again, he chose to go there. I think if he went to the Bulls, that just wouldn't have been fair to the league.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Really thinking about it, LeBron is kind of like Tebow. They prove both sides of the argument right!

Kaylore
06-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Maven is such a predictable loser.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Spurs haven't won since 2007. Holding the torch were the lakers and Mavs. Cuban destroyed this season so he could have an upper hand in the near future. Mavs will get much better but the torch for the lakers has been passed. They need to do a major overhaul.

bombay
06-06-2012, 03:40 PM
The people that really hate the Heat are the Celtics. Particularly Garnett and Rondo. And that seems to be enough. I'm enjoying their struggles because of that ridiculous pep rally that James held predicting 7 (or more) NBA championships. That was stupid and disrespectful to the rest of the league. If you don't think they take that **** personally, you're wrong. If the Heat don't win a title this season, their shot is gone. Next season will be James' 10th and Wade's 11th or 12th. The only way either of them get a championship is to try to hook up with a team that's already there.

EDIT: James also could have shown a little restraint after 'the decision' when he told the 'haters' on twitter that they should get back to their sorryass lives and leave him alone. That was probably when he sealed his fate as a black hat guy.

bombay
06-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Really thinking about it, LeBron is kind of like Tebow. They prove both sides of the argument right!

Huh? They're polar opposites. Tebow is beloved but a marginal player, at least at his position of choice. James is a great player, but widely behated (new word) because of his absurd public actions and posturing.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Yep, he's in his prime right now, but he's going to be on the back end of that prime before we know it. So he needs to get to winning some titles sooner than later

I agree that he should not be teamed up with Wade. They just do to many of the same things on offense. But again, he chose to go there. I think if he went to the Bulls, that just wouldn't have been fair to the league.

I dont think the bulls would have been great either, because D-Rose needs the ball in his hands too.

The Knicks were the team he shoulda went to. At the time, he was surrounded by good shooters who could run with him, and had a lot of money to get another couple of guys (Bosh? Chandler? whoever).

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Anyone read the Simmons/Gladwell convo in grantland that was just posted? Give it a read.

TonyR
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
According to the play by play, LeBron is credited with one rebound and one assist in the 4th period.

Yes, that's not good.

Another thing to consider about the Heat compared to the other final 4:

Celtics? Rondo
Spurs? Parker
Thunder? Westbrook

Heat? Chalmers.........

One of these is not like the others.

TonyR
06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Right now, its him, D-wade, and a bunch of trash. Its really 2 guys giving the celts all they can handle

Yup. Chalmers, Miller, Haslem, Battier, and Anthony arent even a mediocre bunch, let alone a good one.

bfoflcommish
06-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Yes, that's not good.

Celtics? Rondo
Spurs? Parker
Thunder? Westbrook

Heat? Chalmers.........

Chalmers has hit more big shots than those other 3, he plays more under control than westbrook, he's quicker than Parker and more of an in your face defender than rondo. Chalmers is nothing to sneeze at at all, in fact I think if he wasnt on the team Heat would look much worse. he's like Harden is for the Thunder, not the best when you compare him to others of his position but when it comes down to it you'd rather have him than alot of tohers players

TonyR
06-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Chalmers...

You must be a KU fan. Chalmers really isn't in the same league as the other 3 players.

Jason in LA
06-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Huh? They're polar opposites. Tebow is beloved but a marginal player, at least at his position of choice. James is a great player, but widely behated (new word) because of his absurd public actions and posturing.

Think about it. There are two sides to the argument for both of them. There are the pro LeBron and the anti LeBron camps, just like there are the pro Tebow and anti Tebow camps.

LeBron proves his supporters right by putting up a lot of points, rebounds, and assists per game, and at times he dominates. But he also proves his critics right by flaming out in important moments.

Same thing for Tebow. He proves his critics right by struggling to do basic functions of his position, and he stinks up the joint for long stretches, but he proves his supporters right by coming through big time when it matters the most.

But they are opposite in that LeBron is great for like 80% of the game and disappears for the final 20% of it, while Tebow sucks for 80% of the game and then is unstoppable for the final 20%. But it all adds up to the same thing. No titles (well, in fairness to Tebow, he has only been in the league for two years and has only had one shot at the playoffs.

bfoflcommish
06-06-2012, 04:39 PM
You must be a KU fan. Chalmers really isn't in the same league as the other 3 players.

not a KU fan at all. but if you think he doesnt mean alot to the team you are mistaken. like i said he isnt "better" overall than those 3 but he does just as much if not more for his team. he's hit some key late game shots for the heat this season.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Think about it. There are two sides to the argument for both of them. There are the pro LeBron and the anti LeBron camps, just like there are the pro Tebow and anti Tebow camps.

LeBron proves his supporters right by putting up a lot of points, rebounds, and assists per game, and at times he dominates. But he also proves his critics right by flaming out in important moments.

Same thing for Tebow. He proves his critics right by struggling to do basic functions of his position, and he stinks up the joint for long stretches, but he proves his supporters right by coming through big time when it matters the most.

But they are opposite in that LeBron is great for like 80% of the game and disappears for the final 20% of it, while Tebow sucks for 80% of the game and then is unstoppable for the final 20%. But it all adds up to the same thing. No titles (well, in fairness to Tebow, he has only been in the league for two years and has only had one shot at the playoffs.

Its not really an apples to apples comparison. LeBron is still a transcedent ballplayer who is held to an epically high standard. And for some, unless he hit about 16 winning shots in a row, there will still be excuses. Even people in "Anti" Lebron camps dont deny his talent.

TonyR
06-06-2012, 04:55 PM
not a KU fan at all. but if you think he doesnt mean alot to the team you are mistaken. like i said he isnt "better" overall than those 3 but he does just as much if not more for his team. he's hit some key late game shots for the heat this season.

Check out the postseason PER.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?page=2&seasontype=3&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fpage%3d2%26seasontype% 3d3

14 Westbrook
16 Rondo
32 Parker
70 Chalmers

Also note who's predictably #1...

OrangeSe7en
06-06-2012, 05:37 PM

I don't really think he let his foot off the gas. The bigger issue is that Miami is a one trick pony. If you can defend Wade or James' drives in the crucial moments, you basically can force Miami to settle for jumpers. There was once or twice when James drove the lane and the defense collapsed on him. He ended up missing the shot and Boston's defenders are better than Miami's other three on offense so Boston has a better chance at clearing out and/or getting to the random bounces off of a James or Wade missed shot. And then when James is on the baseline after he drives and misses, Boston can push the ball to the other end at break neck speed. Some would call it smart that James takes what the defense gives him. When push comes to shove the defense collapses on him and then the price of him missing a shot in this scenario is severe. Having said that, the offense really has little to no structure. Or perhaps its that way because James and Wade insist on freelancing and cast aside the structure of the offense. But it's hard to know if that's what's going on. There's a little chicken-egg here. The Miami supporting cast is actually better than what people are saying...at least that was the case when they played for teams where there was more of a structured offense when they were allowed to contribute on a more consistent basis and get in the flow of the offense more routinely. Now, you have to wonder if Wade and James aren't getting help because their teammates spend too much time watching them freelance without having the opportunity to get in the flow of the offense. Battier was a lot better with his previous two teams. Miller was better before he went to Miami as well.

DBroncos4life
06-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes, that's not good.

Celtics? Rondo
Spurs? Parker
Thunder? Westbrook

Heat? Chalmers.........

Oh so now we should feel bad for James and the Heat for spending all the cap room on the three biggest free agents? There is a reason why those other teams have better depth. Maybe the Heat are just one more super star away from finally being better the other teams.

OrangeSe7en
06-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I dont think the bulls would have been great either, because D-Rose needs the ball in his hands too.

The Knicks were the team he shoulda went to. At the time, he was surrounded by good shooters who could run with him, and had a lot of money to get another couple of guys (Bosh? Chandler? whoever).

Chicago is better at 4 and 5 than Miami is. If Miami had Gibson, Noah, and Asik, this series would be over by now.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Chicago is better at 4 and 5 than Miami is. If Miami had Gibson, Noah, and Asik, this series would be over by now.

I think the bulls would have been a better choice than Miami, but i still think the Knicks would have been the best sitch for him

TonyR
06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Oh so now we should feel bad for James and the Heat...

No, I'm not telling you to "feel bad" about anything. I'm telling you how it is, and why the Heat aren't that great of a team. You seem to be agreeing, and yet you still want to put the blame on LeBron James.

DBroncos4life
06-06-2012, 06:56 PM
No, I'm not telling you to "feel bad" about anything. I'm telling you how it is, and why the Heat aren't that great of a team. You seem to be agreeing, and yet you still want to put the blame on LeBron James.

They have THREE ALL STARS. Two of which are considered amoung the best at their positions. How many teams can say that?

James is in the same boat with two other supers star players as he was with the Cavs with a bunch of role players.

swaiy
06-06-2012, 08:20 PM
What the hell is going on with OKC? They need to get the perimeter under control. The Spurs are shooting all kind of 3 pointers and it's hard to stay in any game with that going on.

OrangeSe7en
06-06-2012, 08:42 PM
What the hell is going on with OKC? They need to get the perimeter under control. The Spurs are shooting all kind of 3 pointers and it's hard to stay in any game with that going on.

When you say "the Spurs", you're more or less talking about Steven Jackson. The guy is stepping up huge tonight. It still feels like that well will run dry though.

bombay
06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes, that's not good.

Celtics? Rondo
Spurs? Parker
Thunder? Westbrook

Heat? Chalmers.........

So three guys want to make 90& of the money, take 90% of the shots, pay little attention to the guy who is, nominally, their coach, and win the NBA title 6 or 7 years in a row. What could go wrong? There is some serious brainpower running the show in Miami. Of course, i must remember that part of the problem is James subpar upbringing, according to you. Still, all on his own, he seems lt lack something....

I will hand it to them, though, for letting the rest of the league know in advance that they needn't show up for the next 7 seasons. This, as you can see, was well thought out.

SoonerBronco
06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
OKC playing like champs tonight!:strong:

Tim
06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Not a huge fan of OKC but they have the best fans in the nba.

Dutch
06-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Spurs starting to look like Father Time is catching up. If the Thunder don't throw the ball away a couple of times trying for big time backside alley-oop dunks, and if Durant hits three missed free throws in the last 10 min. it would be a 12 point lead.

Tim
06-06-2012, 09:28 PM
I think Duncan played his last game..

TDmvp
06-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Crazyness in loads ... That was one insane comeback.

Heyneck
06-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Say what you want... but Durant over James any day of the week!!!

bombay
06-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Congratulations to the new NBA chanpions. I love to watch this team play ball, and they have no part of the idiotic crap going on in the talent poor east.

This is going to be a fun reighn.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Not a huge fan of OKC but they have the best fans in the nba.

It's easy to cheer on a great team. I didn't see any noise when they were not good. I got more respect for warriors fans.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 09:32 PM
That was the finals.

The next series will easily be a sweep

Dutch
06-06-2012, 09:33 PM
I think Duncan played his last game..

One can only hope.....

SoonerBronco
FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THUNDER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
One can only hope.....

He's got one or 2 years left.

Tim
06-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Say what you want... but Durant over James any day of the week!!!

James harden? Agree, Lebron James? Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Sour...grapes...

Hilarious!

How is that sour grapes saying the thunder will sweep?

Typical bandwagon fan.

Dutch
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
He's got one or 2 years left.

Unfortunately, I think your right on that one. I'll be glad to see him go, though. His constant crying has worn out hi s welcome.

SoonerBronco
06-06-2012, 09:37 PM
It's easy to cheer on a great team. I didn't see any noise when they were not good. I got more respect for warriors fans.

sour...grapes...

Hilarious!

KCStud
06-06-2012, 09:38 PM
This team is grown up. Get ready NBA, because the Thunder are looking like a dynasty.

This team is going to multiple Finals Series this decade.

Drunken.Broncoholic
This your first year watchin the NBA?

SoonerBronco
How is that sour grapes saying the thunder will sweep?

Typical bandwagon fan.

wrong quote douche.:wave:

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 09:39 PM
wrong quote douche.:wave:

That's cause you deleted your screw up bozo. You quoted my sweep in the finals comment then changed it.

Again someone whos got no clue.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 09:41 PM
This team is grown up. Get ready NBA, because the Thunder are looking like a dynasty.

This team is going to multiple Finals Series this decade.

Sam Presti can do it. Buford has taught him all he needs to know. I don't see these thunder stars as me first pre madonnas(westbrook was but is growing) so they could keep them around for a while

Heyneck
06-06-2012, 09:42 PM
James harden? Agree, Lebron James? Hilarious!

Yup... kid has proven time after time that he is clutch and can lift the weight of his team over his shoulders. Lebron can be the most physically gifted player the NBA has ever seen... but he is know as LeChoke for a reason. Who would have thought that Durant could possibly get a ring before LeBron?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 09:46 PM
It would be a toss up between the 2. Durant has a full game that is virtually unguardable. Popovich gave him huge praise and respect saying he's the hardest player he's EVER had to defend(coachwise) That's a lot of laker teams. With Lebron he's got no post game and can be defended to an extent. Durant is the man in this league and he's only 23. This pisses Stern off as no one outside of OKC will care (he's looking straight at Brooklyn NY and LA)

Dr. Broncenstein
06-06-2012, 09:50 PM
It really is too bad that Miami won't make it past Boston.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 10:01 PM
It really is too bad that Miami won't make it past Boston.

Maven hasn't posted since tip off last game. Nowhere to be found.

Neither has a good chance of winning. Boston might have 15% chance of winning it all Miami maybe 10%.

It would take a huge meltdown by the thunder to lose this easy opportunity.

SoonerBronco
06-06-2012, 10:04 PM
That's cause you deleted your screw up bozo. You quoted my sweep in the finals comment then changed it.

Again someone whos got no clue.

Yep, I screwed up the internet. Just a little excited for the Western Conference Champs.

Again, the one with no clue, was the guy who scoffed at me for Saying the Thunder figured out the Spurs.
So, why don't you get on your Xbox in your moms basement and play some Halo to drown your sorrows...since your such an internet tough guy.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-06-2012, 10:05 PM
I would love to see Durant win his first ring at the expense of the decisionmaker.

SoonerBronco
06-06-2012, 10:07 PM
I would love to see Durant win his first ring at the expense of the decisionmaker.

Much agreed Doc.

Heyneck
06-06-2012, 10:11 PM

Would be the best thing to happen to the NBA. And still... if the Heat don't win it... to me... that's the best thing that could happen to the NBA. What a huge fail that "Dream Team" is turning out to be!!!

Love how the Thunder play! No way the Heat or old C's can beat them!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Yep, I screwed up the internet. Just a little excited for the Western Conference Champs.

Again, the one with no clue, was the guy who scoffed at me for Saying the Thunder figured out the Spurs.
So, why don't you get on your Xbox in your moms basement and play some Halo to drown your sorrows...since your such an internet tough guy.

Wow a mom and basement joke in the same sentence. Good to see I'm not dealing with a creative bozo. Just a boring one.

You bring up an interesting point. Seems you were nowhere around and never came across me until the first thunder win in game 3. Game 1-2 you were hiding in Mavens secret spot. Which leaves no doubt that you wouldn't be posting right now had the spurs won.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 10:15 PM

I remember Durant signing his extension around that time. ESPN had a 5 second segment on it. Not even in the news that Durant chose to stick with his small market team instead of taking the easy way out like Lebron.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2012, 10:20 PM
The big 3 (4) in OKC is far superior to the (c)Heat. They have a great model on how to build an NBA franchise, one I hope the Cavs follow. I'm happy to see a super star that is modest/humble, they are easy to root for. Congrats to the Thunder.

ohiobronco2
06-06-2012, 10:21 PM
I remember Durant signing his extension around that time. ESPN had a 5 second segment on it. Not even in the news that Durant chose to stick with his small market team instead of taking the easy way out like Lebron.

Yeah, well LeBron raised money for charity. Hilarious!

SoonerBronco
06-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Wow a mom and basement joke in the same sentence. Good to see I'm not dealing with a creative bozo. Just a boring one.

You bring up an interesting point. Seems you were nowhere around and never came across me until the first thunder win in game 3. Game 1-2 you were hiding in Mavens secret spot. Which leaves no doubt that you wouldn't be posting right now had the spurs won.

and all the bozo jokes for a bad edit were pretty creative as well...nice try though.

I've been around for quite some time...where were you in last years thread??? Hiding after the Spurs first round exit? Again...nice try...

SoonerBronco
06-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Oh, my bad, you weren't even around last year...I just saw your join date. A board rookie obviously with too much time on his hands. almost as many posts in 4 months as I have had in 8 years. Congrats to you.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 10:26 PM
and all the bozo jokes for a bad edit were pretty creative as well...nice try though.

I've been around for quite some time...where were you in last years thread??? Hiding after the Spurs first round exit? Again...nice try...

Pick a finger on your hand. That's how many rings I've been watching. Just cause I posted on another broncos site doesn't mean I slept through the 2000s.

And bozo is the new dummy in 2012.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Oh, my bad, you weren't even around last year...I just saw your join date. A board rookie obviously with too much time on his hands. almost as many posts in 4 months as I have had in 8 years. Congrats to you.

Ya the Manning acquisition days were fun boy. And its easy to get jealous at someone with too much time on their hands.

SoonerBronco
06-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Pick a finger on your hand. That's how many rings I've been watching. Just cause I posted on another broncos site doesn't mean I slept through the 2000s.

And bozo is the new dummy in 2012.

Great credendtials. I remeber when David Robinson was drafted...I've been watching before Rodman had colored hair and piercings.

But you can call me a Bozo if it makes you feel good. I'm a helper.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Great credendtials. I remeber when David Robinson was drafted...I've been watching before Rodman had colored hair and piercings.

But you can call me a Bozo if it makes you feel good. I'm a helper.

I notice you didn't mention the Ice man. And don't take it personal. Saying bozo is my thing lately. Just like Mac from sunny in Philly

Jason in LA
06-07-2012, 09:47 AM
I was watching the Thunder being awarded the Western Conference championship trophy last night and I was looking to see if they'd pass it around, which the players and coaches did.

I heard a funny story the other day about the Lakers winning the Western Conference Finals, and James Worthy was presenting them with the trophy. So James is saying congrats to who ever was the Buss family rep and to Phil Jackson and the Lakers, but he never presented them the trophy. Worthy never touched it, and neither did anybody with the Lakers, and they all just walked off, leaving the trophy behind. Afterwards somebody said to Worthy that he didn't give them the trophy. Worthy told the person "I'm not touching that thing, we play for the gold ball!"

Yep, it's good to be a Lakers fan. ;D

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2012, 09:56 AM
I was watching the Thunder being awarded the Western Conference championship trophy last night and I was looking to see if they'd pass it around, which the players and coaches did.

I heard a funny story the other day about the Lakers winning the Western Conference Finals, and James Worthy was presenting them with the trophy. So James is saying congrats to who ever was the Buss family rep and to Phil Jackson and the Lakers, but he never presented them the trophy. Worthy never touched it, and neither did anybody with the Lakers, and they all just walked off, leaving the trophy behind. Afterwards somebody said to Worthy that he didn't give them the trophy. Worthy told the person "I'm not touching that thing, we play for the gold ball!"

Yep, it's good to be a Lakers fan. ;D

It's funny how the sports are different. NOBODY in hockey touches the conference trophies. It's Stanley Cup or nothing.

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2012, 10:09 AM
As much as I don't want to root for Miami, I agree I want to see Durant/LeBron in the Finals. And I don't care who wins. I want a good 7-game Finals.

KCStud
06-07-2012, 10:34 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0PtpvhG10II" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seriously how can you not like this guy? The NBA has a "thug" look to it, but yet this guy is hugging his Mom after such a big moment.

KD IS the best player in the league, not only on the court, but off. And I can see this guy getting 4 or 5 rings himself.

TonyR
06-07-2012, 10:39 AM
The big 3 (4) in OKC is far superior to the (c)Heat. They have a great model on how to build an NBA franchise...

Well, the Heat's "big 3" are older and are on their 2nd (and considerably larger) contracts. We'll see how it works out in OKC when they have to pay their big 3 plus their good supporting cast. Easier said than done.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Well, the Heat's "big 3" are older and are on their 2nd (and considerably larger) contracts. We'll see how it works out in OKC when they have to pay their big 3 plus their good supporting cast. Easier said than done.

Durant showed he was committed in 2010 by signing multi year extension. He IS the best player in the league but doesn't get recognition for it. It's not that people don't like him, its that people don't care. Why? Cause it's a small market team. He's shown he doesn't care about that by signing that extension. Another player did the same thing with a small market team and won 4 rings. People didn't care that entire time. I give huge props to Durant for wanting to take the same road. Instead of hyphying it up in a club in NY LA or Miami.

TheChamp24
06-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Durant showed he was committed in 2010 by signing multi year extension. He IS the best player in the league but doesn't get recognition for it. It's not that people don't like him, its that people don't care. Why? Cause it's a small market team. He's shown he doesn't care about that by signing that extension. Another player did the same thing with a small market team and won 4 rings. People didn't care that entire time.

Are you referencing the Spurs here?
I honestly don't think the Spurs get as much credit as they deserve. Its the Lakers, the Celtics, the Heat, but the Spurs have been dominant since they got Duncan.

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Durant showed he was committed in 2010 by signing multi year extension. He IS the best player in the league but doesn't get recognition for it. It's not that people don't like him, its that people don't care. Why? Cause it's a small market team. He's shown he doesn't care about that by signing that extension. Another player did the same thing with a small market team and won 4 rings. People didn't care that entire time. I give huge props to Durant for wanting to take the same road. Instead of hyphying it up in a club in NY LA or Miami.

Uh for the record, Carmelo and LeBron signed their second contracts (the extension Durant signed) too. I'm not saying Durant will leave, but signing the contract he signed doesn't mean he's going to be committed to OKC forever.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Are you referencing the Spurs here?
I honestly don't think the Spurs get as much credit as they deserve. Its the Lakers, the Celtics, the Heat, but the Spurs have been dominant since they got Duncan.

Ya I was comparing durants commitment to the team who drafted him and staying with that small market team. He doesn't care about exposure like some other superstars. Duncan went the same route won titles but was basically overlooked by the mainstream cause he did it in a small market. Durant could've not signed that extension and gone on to brighter spotlights, but he did it the right way.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Uh for the record, Carmelo and LeBron signed their second contracts (the extension Durant signed) too. I'm not saying Durant will leave, but signing the contract he signed doesn't mean he's going to be committed to OKC forever.

I thought Carmelo did that so Denver would get something in return. Wasn't he pretty much gone anyways? I'm not familiar with that situation.

You could be right and he might leave down the road. He did that to Texas. Wise choice that was though.

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2012, 10:53 AM
I thought Carmelo did that so Denver would get something in return. Wasn't he pretty much gone anyways? I'm not familiar with that situation.

Carmelo was here for two full contracts, as was LeBron in Cleveland. When Carmelo left for NY, he was coming to the end of his second contract, not his rookie deal. Same with LeBron. Durant is just starting that same second contract.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Carmelo was here for two full contracts, as was LeBron in Cleveland. When Carmelo left for NY, he was coming to the end of his second contract, not his rookie deal. Same with LeBron. Durant is just starting that same second contract.

I see. Neither of those teams had Sam Presti though.

TonyR
06-07-2012, 10:56 AM

Durant has always shown good judgement and seems to have a very good head on his shoulders (other than perhaps choosing Texas over North Carolina, l-o-l). But I can't fault a young guy like LeBron choosing South Beach over Cleveland, although I don't like the way he did it and wish he would have stayed with the Cavs. Regardless, I think it will be difficult for OKC to keep Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka all together. Will be interesting. The Spurs managed to keep Duncan, Parker and Ginobili together so I suppose it's possible.

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2012, 10:57 AM
I see. Neither of those teams had Sam Presti though.

And it shows, too. Neither GM could adequately build around either player.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Durant has always shown good judgement and seems to have a very good head on his shoulders (other than perhaps choosing Texas over North Carolina, l-o-l). But I can't fault a young guy like LeBron choosing South Beach over Cleveland, although I don't like the way he did it and wish he would have stayed with the Cavs. Regardless, I think it will be difficult for OKC to keep Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka all together. Will be interesting. The Spurs managed to keep Duncan, Parker and Ginobili together so I suppose it's possible.

In this day and age of the NBA it is tough. Out of those 4 I think itll be toughest with westbrook.

oubronco
06-07-2012, 11:33 AM
The Spurs got Thunderstruck!!!

SoonerBronco
06-07-2012, 12:11 PM
In this day and age of the NBA it is tough. Out of those 4 I think itll be toughest with westbrook.

Westbrook signed a 5 year extension in January.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Westbrook signed a 5 year extension in January.
We are talking the next contracts. Keeping the core AFTER success. Of the 4 Durant harden Westbrook ibaka I opinioned that Westbrook would be the toughest to keep

Dr. Broncenstein
06-07-2012, 12:17 PM
We are talking the next contracts. Keeping the core AFTER success. Of the 4 Durant harden Westbrook ibaka I opinioned that Westbrook would be the toughest to keep

Would also be the most expendable...

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 12:23 PM

It's really almost impossible to do in todays NBA. Lakers couldn't keep shaq after the early 2000s success. Boston is still in tact but they only won one. Spurs are the only team that had relative success in keeping their core stars. But this year they admitted everyone but Duncan was expendable. After a decade or so of success. If a team can keep a young core of great players long term after winning a ring that's incredible to me. I really think Sam Presti can do it. These players do not have a me first mentality (Westbrook is almost there). That's a direct result of the superstar on their teams personality.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-07-2012, 12:40 PM

Westbrook and Harden are a bit redundant, but of course you'd like to keep both. Is Harden restricted this summer? It wouldnt shock me if he gets a max offer. If i had to choose between Harden and Ibaka, i might choose the latter simply because hes so important to their D

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Westbrook and Harden are a bit redundant, but of course you'd like to keep both. Is Harden restricted this summer? It wouldnt shock me if he gets a max offer. If i had to choose between Harden and Ibaka, i might choose the latter simply because hes so important to their D

Harden is the ginobili position. That 6th man. Mavs wouldn't have won a ring without Jason terry. Spurs without ginobili. If harden was pushing to start there is a reduncancy and ibaka might be better to keep. But if harden accepts that 6th man role and never complains about it? That is huge. There's a few reasons why the spurs blew at the start of 2nd quarters and harden is one of them.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Harden is the ginobili position. That 6th man. Mavs wouldn't have won a ring without Jason terry. Spurs without ginobili. If harden was pushing to start there is a reduncancy and ibaka might be better to keep. But if harden accepts that 6th man role and never complains about it? That is huge. There's a few reasons why the spurs blew at the start of 2nd quarters and harden is one of them.

Well, of course you'd rather keep both, but if you HAVE to get rid of one.

Jason in LA
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Seriously how can you not like this guy? The NBA has a "thug" look to it, but yet this guy is hugging his Mom after such a big moment.

A lot of that has to do with how black people are perceived in this country. Not trying to start a race debate, I'm just saying. Kind of like the Chris Rock joke when he was saying that it's not a compliment to say a black person is articulate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkqwspFr3D8

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CkqwspFr3D8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Joey crawford is a thug and he's white. I still have no idea why the NBA still lets crawford officiate a game with Duncan in it. A ref who blatantly challenges a player to a fist fight should be nowhere near any future game with that player in it after that.

It's flat out comical to even say crawford challenged Duncan to a fight.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-07-2012, 01:23 PM
A lot of that has to do with how black people are perceived in this country. Not trying to start a race debate, I'm just saying. Kind of like the Chris Rock joke when he was saying that it's not a compliment to say a black person is articulate.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CkqwspFr3D8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YEP

Dr. Broncenstein
06-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Westbrook is a fine player, but if it came down to a core 4 guys I'd rather keep Sefolosha and Ibaka. Obviously Durant and Harden would be the foundation.

ludo21
06-07-2012, 01:33 PM
The Big 3 can stay together easy. its the glue and role players who will change.

Changing the right ones will be key.

Sefolosha must stay, Ibaka is probably the one to be gone, or Perkins (eventually)

KCStud
06-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Westbrook is a fine player, but if it came down to a core 4 guys I'd rather keep Sefolosha and Ibaka. Obviously Durant and Harden would be the foundation.

No way bro. Westbrook was the one who kept the team in the game through the rough patches.

When KD hit the game winner in LA, Westbrook was very overlooked. He was the one scoring a lot of the points in the 2nd half. Without Westbrook, KD never gets a chance to take that shot.

Westbrook is one of the best players in the league on the fast break. His defense needs work though (but so does KD's).

SonOfLe-loLang
06-07-2012, 02:19 PM
The Big 3 can stay together easy. its the glue and role players who will change.

Sefolosha must stay, Ibaka is probably the one to be gone, or Perkins (eventually)

Sefolosha plays 21 min a game.

Ibaka 29. Guys like Sefolosha are good, but replacable. Ibaka is still improving and is already real good

OrangeSe7en
06-07-2012, 04:32 PM

It will probably be affected by what OKC can get in free agency.

OrangeSe7en
06-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that, because so many have been piling on the Heat, they'll probably come out with a win in game 6?

Jason in LA
06-07-2012, 06:58 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that, because so many have been piling on the Heat, they'll probably come out with a win in game 6?

I hope that doesn't happen. It will kill all the fun.

Jason in LA
06-07-2012, 07:00 PM
LeBron is ballin'. but it's only the first period. will he play like this in the fourth?

OrangeSe7en
06-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Perhaps if Van Gundy didnt oversimplify the issues, he'd understand why people don't like him. Van Gundy is lame. His contrarian BS is all calculated.

swaiy
06-07-2012, 07:22 PM

Preach lol.

swaiy
06-07-2012, 07:23 PM
No way bro. Westbrook was the one who kept the team in the game through the rough patches.

When KD hit the game winner in LA, Westbrook was very overlooked. He was the one scoring a lot of the points in the 2nd half. Without Westbrook, KD never gets a chance to take that shot.

Westbrook is one of the best players in the league on the fast break. His defense needs work though (but so does KD's).

Westbrook is just as responsible for causing those rough patches as he is for keeping them in the game.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Westbrook is just as responsible for causing those rough patches as he is for keeping them in the game.

This. When his intermediate jumper is on, he's unstoppable. When it's off it just kills everything. Sefolosha on the other hand is a dynamic defender who's impact is difficult to quantify... But he's as vital to the defense as Ibaka IMO.

bombay
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Poor James looks so tired. And out of position. Wherever that is supposed to be. I seem to have forgotten the rest of the excuses for losing to inferior teams.

LongDongJohnson
06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
How can you haters count out the mvp and best player in basketball in king james?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Poor James looks so tired. And out of position. Wherever that is supposed to be. I seem to have forgotten the rest of the excuses for losing to inferior teams.

I only listened on the radio, but I gathered he didn't have to act as the center tonight

swaiy
06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Alright. Let's get this ****storm started.

Jason in LA
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
In before maven ;D

Heyneck
06-07-2012, 09:12 PM
How can you haters count out the mvp and best player in basketball in king james?

Because it feels that he has been in the NBA for ages and still no trophy...

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 09:15 PM

We do it every year. And we're right every year. James gets swept in the finals by the thunder.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
In before maven ;D

She will purpousely not post to make a point that she doesn't only post after wins

swaiy
06-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Maven should come post regardless of what ya'll say. I enjoy everybody getting fired up over someone clearly trolling ya'll.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Maven should come post regardless of what ya'll say. I enjoy everybody getting fired up over someone clearly trolling ya'll.

Trolling is one thing. Actually believing herself is another.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 09:37 PM
It's always fun to watch a game 7. Boston needs to bring everything they got of they want a chance to get swept by the thunder

OrangeCrush2724
06-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah let's talk about Maven and not the MVP's dominating performance. Other topics to talk about: 1) Refs really were against the Celtics 2)Boston gave "away" the game instead of the MVP taking it 3) Stern wants Heat to be in the finals, and my favorite all time topic when we can't say anything negative about the MVP 4) Lebron's hair line is receding (with a douchbag laugh).

swaiy
06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah let's talk about Maven and not the MVP's dominating performance. Other topics to talk about: 1) Refs really were against the Celtics 2)Boston gave "away" the game instead of the MVP taking it 3) Stern wants Heat to be in the finals, and my favorite all time topic when we can't say anything negative about the MVP 4) Lebron's hairl line is receding (with a douchbag laugh).

Never understood that. There's a basketball game going on and people are concerned with the hair of a player.

LongDongJohnson
06-07-2012, 10:07 PM
Because it feels that he has been in the NBA for ages and still no trophy...

He'll get one before its all said and done.

LongDongJohnson
06-07-2012, 10:09 PM
We do it every year. And we're right every year. James gets swept in the finals by the thunder.

No way miami gets swept.. And I bet you wouldnt be saying all those things if he was a nugget or whatever team you root for.

LongDongJohnson
06-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Never understood that. There's a basketball game going on and people are concerned with the hair of a player.

For real. People talking about hair. Who cares. Thats some skip bayless level stuff.

g6matty
06-07-2012, 10:13 PM
lebron james is the best basketball player on the planet. i hope this is his year to shut every one up . hes been carrying this team aside from the few games dwyane wade decides to show up.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:16 PM
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/06/07/23/56/1hXHq0.Em.56.jpeg

King James will lead the Miami Heat to glory Saturday night. Back to South Beach b1tches!

:strong:

maven
06-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Un****ingstoppable.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/06/07/22/10/fqEBF.Em.56.jpg

swaiy
06-07-2012, 10:18 PM
I knew you would show. I said your name in the mirror 5 times in the dark.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:19 PM
1) Refs really were against the Celtics 2)Boston gave "away" the game instead of the MVP taking it 3) Stern wants Heat to be in the finals, and my favorite all time topic when we can't say anything negative about the MVP 4) Lebron's hair line is receding (with a douchbag laugh).

Great game by a great player. You heading to the game orange?

myMind
06-07-2012, 10:20 PM
aaaaaand here we go.
Regardless of who wins game seven, the east is done.
Go suck Beckham's cock. You know you want to.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I knew you would show. I said your name in the mirror 5 times in the dark.

Very happy tonight. The King was unbelievable. Lets also give credit to guys like Rio and crew hitting their open 3's. I miss you Bosh. Your length is causing Boston lots of problems.

HAT
06-07-2012, 10:21 PM

As a Laker. :wave:

maven
06-07-2012, 10:23 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-21fm76.gif

I agree KG, the King was amazing tonight.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:24 PM
No way miami gets swept.. And I bet you wouldnt be saying all those things if he was a nugget or whatever team you root for.

Why do the uniformed always assume everyone here is a nugget fan? And yes they will get swept. Bank on it boy

He got swept in the finals already so thats on his resume.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:26 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/158389_o.gif

Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!

maven
06-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Why do the uniformed always assume everyone here is a nugget fan? And yes they will get swept. Bank on it boy

He got swept in the finals already so thats on his resume.

Where is the Spurs?

Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Where is the Spurs?

Hilarious!

Beat by the better team. You dont see me crying about the refs or hiding under a rock like you when the heat lose

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Does your husband know you dream about black cock?

maven
06-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Beat by the better team. You dont see me crying about the refs or hiding under a rock like you when the heat lose

The King turned on god mode today, Spurs turned on well.... nothing.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:35 PM
The King turned on god mode today, Spurs turned on well.... nothing.

Come talk to me after 4 rings. Until then your smack is wack.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:35 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1171829/fatceltics_medium.gif

I laughed.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Come talk to me after 4 rings. Until then your smack is wack.

Take a seat next to Jason from LA, your team is cooked.

ROFL!

Tim
06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
The thunder will be around for a while but this is the Heat's year. Westbrook will get smoked by wade all series and Lebron won't lose another finals to a less talented team.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:37 PM

Multiples, he'll get multiple titles.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:37 PM

ROFL!

West is best. Dominates every year and will dominate yet again.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:38 PM
The thunder will be around for a while but this is the Heat's year. Westbrook will get smoked by wade all series and Lebron won't lose another finals to a less talented team.

OH yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:38 PM

The OU kids on this site will be upset with this post.

bronco militia
06-07-2012, 10:39 PM
Lmao at maven trolling you guys

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:43 PM

It would be boring without trolls. Would just be threads of broncorobs cut and paste articles.

maven
06-07-2012, 10:43 PM
West is best. Dominates every year and will dominate yet again.

What time do the Spurs play Saturday night?

ROFL!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 10:46 PM
What time do the Spurs play Saturday night?

ROFL!

Not worried about it. They had a great year and have something lebron will never have. Rings. Actually one of their rings came at the expense of sweeping lebron out his own building. Ha! He resembled a half melted milk dud after that series.

Doggcow
06-07-2012, 10:49 PM

Do people really care what a spineless bandwagoner like Maven says? Lol.

Even if Miami wins, I could care less about maven. Since we all know he's no real fan.

RhymesayersDU
06-07-2012, 10:50 PM

Wait, there's a less talented team? Is this like a WWF 3-way match?

maven
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Not worried about it. They had a great year and have something lebron will never have. Rings. Actually one of their rings came at the expense of sweeping lebron out his own building. Ha! He resembled a half melted milk dud after that series.

I'll be in South Beach Saturday night, watching the Heat throttle the Celtics at home.

See ya Tuesday Thunder.

maven
06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
As much as I don't want to root for Miami, I agree I want to see Durant/LeBron in the Finals. And I don't care who wins. I want a good 7-game Finals.

It's coming.

:sunshine:

maven
06-07-2012, 11:16 PM
On the road to the CHIP!

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/2012/6/7/james_83604.jpg

maven
06-07-2012, 11:30 PM

Aside from THE KING going insanity, CB1 overall length and height hurt the Celtics on offense. He has been a huge missing cog. Also, I like the matchup with Joel on KG. Bigger bodies on KG is causing problems. Credit Spo for making the right choices this game. There was a sequence out there where Bosh just pwned and just shows how bad the Heat have been missing him badly. Damn it's beautiful seeing CB1 back out there. Even though he looks slow as **** out there at times, it's great to have him back. The big 3 doesn't work? All hell broke loose when Bosh went down. I'm glad to see NBA fans/followers finally see how important Bosh is to the team and how good of a player he is.

With that said, FU Boston you're going ****ing down Saturday night. Pack your bags, cause your team will be broken up come sunday.

:egbgb::egbgb::egbgb::egbgb::egbgb:

maven
06-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Shoulda gone to the knicks!

Hilarious!Hilarious! hell no!

SoCalBronco
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Coward alert.

maven
06-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Destruction coming Saturday night in South Beach. Good night b1tches!

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/2012/images/06/08/lebron-james-526-3-060712.jpg

Jason in LA
06-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Back to South Beach b1tches!

Ah, that would be you.

Jason in LA
06-07-2012, 11:56 PM

ROFL!

I don't get how you gloat so much when the Heat win, but you run off like a scary bitch when they lose. You can't have much respect for yourself.

Beantown Bronco
06-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Looks like the 20 kids and all that work she's supposed to be doing are going to have to wait.....

TonyR
06-08-2012, 06:33 AM

LOL There are poorly timed posts. And then there is this.

Punisher
06-08-2012, 06:34 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/158389_o.gif

Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's wrong with him really? Like hes a grown ass man dancing around

TonyR
06-08-2012, 06:39 AM
lebron james is the best basketball player on the planet. i hope this is his year to shut every one up . hes been carrying this team aside from the few games dwyane wade decides to show up.

^ All true, but why he doesn't bring it most every night in these playoff games I'll never understand. When he asserts himself, like last night, there's no stopping him. The only one who can stop him is himself. I don't get it.

45 points on 73% shooting, and leading the team in both rebounds and assists on top of it. And it often appeared almost effortless. He needs to show up again in game 7.

OrangeCrush2724
06-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Great game by a great player. You heading to the game orange?

I can't. I am leaving today for some humanity work and will miss the rest of the games. Only updates for me from here on out. Last time I did this was 2006, and yes, I missed the entire playoffs and finals that year also.

Jason in LA
06-08-2012, 08:04 AM
^ All true, but why he doesn't bring it most every night in these playoff games I'll never understand. When he asserts himself, like last night, there's no stopping him. The only one who can stop him is himself. I don't get it.

45 points on 73% shooting, and leading the team in both rebounds and assists on top of it. And it often appeared almost effortless. He needs to show up again in game 7.

I agree. His abilities are insane, totally off the charts. Why he doesn't do that all the time is beyond me. It reminds me of Lamar Odom (I'm not saying Odom is anywhere near as good as James). It was frustrating because he had great talents and abilities, and when he showed up he was great, but no one ever knew when he'd show up. The guy should have been an All Star based on his talents, but instead he became a great player off the bench. That was because he could not be depended on to play hard all the time, and he'd go a few games without playing hard, and then he'd go a few games where he played his butt off and he was great.

James does the same thing, but to a much lessor degree. James shows up every night, but he just disappears when they really need him. He stops playing hard.

Killericon
06-08-2012, 09:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GGKY0.jpg

DENVERDUI55
06-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Aside from THE KING going insanity, CB1 overall length and height hurt the Celtics on offense. He has been a huge missing cog. Also, I like the matchup with Joel on KG. Bigger bodies on KG is causing problems. Credit Spo for making the right choices this game. There was a sequence out there where Bosh just pwned and just shows how bad the Heat have been missing him badly. Damn it's beautiful seeing CB1 back out there. Even though he looks slow as **** out there at times, it's great to have him back. The big 3 doesn't work? All hell broke loose when Bosh went down. I'm glad to see NBA fans/followers finally see how important Bosh is to the team and how good of a player he is.

With that said, FU Boston you're going ****ing down Saturday night. Pack your bags, cause your team will be broken up come sunday.

:egbgb::egbgb::egbgb::egbgb::egbgb: Your still a pussy coward that nobody respects. Celtics easily can win in Miami and shut your spineless ass up.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I agree. His abilities are insane, totally off the charts. Why he doesn't do that all the time is beyond me. It reminds me of Lamar Odom (I'm not saying Odom is anywhere near as good as James). It was frustrating because he had great talents and abilities, and when he showed up he was great, but no one ever knew when he'd show up. The guy should have been an All Star based on his talents, but instead he became a great player off the bench. That was because he could not be depended on to play hard all the time, and he'd go a few games without playing hard, and then he'd go a few games where he played his butt off and he was great.

James does the same thing, but to a much lessor degree. James shows up every night, but he just disappears when they really need him. He stops playing hard.

I think you're holding him to an incredibly lofty standard because, as you metnioned earlier, he does perform every night. His stats are incredible, and he keeps his team in every game. And then every so often he goes off and has an epic one like last night. He's shrunk in some games for sure, but not all, but I don't think he stops "playing hard." I think he gets in his own head. But hey, I've been to Knicks playoff games where Jordan only scored 14.

bombay
06-08-2012, 11:21 AM
LOL There are poorly timed posts. And then there is this.

Just reminding you what the excuses are when he disappears. You're the one who blamed his mommy, right? And he was tired. And out of position. Blah blah blah. Post another article.

TonyR
06-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Just reminding you what the excuses are when he disappears.

Right, and you're doing this while the guy is playing one of the most dominant postseason performances ever. And of course you're not man enough to come here and give the guy any credit for it, but instead you'll wait for the next time he scores less than 40 points and his team loses so you can say what a choker he is. And, perhaps even worse, you have no idea how silly that is.

cousinal11
06-08-2012, 12:35 PM
How is Charlotte not on that list? They don't have a player on the team worth 5 million a year.

bombay
06-08-2012, 12:39 PM
lol. I've made no excuses for James because he shouldn't need them. Miami should handle Boston with relative ease, and they haven't. The excuses got ridiculous. Poor little tony.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
lol. I've made no excuses for James because he shouldn't need them. Miami should handle Boston with relative ease, and they haven't. The excuses got ridiculous. Poor little tony.

The excuses only seem ridic because the expectations are. If he doesnt do what he did last night, every night, cept mix in a game winning shot...he's a disappointment.

TonyR
06-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Good grief, I thought you were smarter than this. First, I never said you made any excuses. Second, I agree that Miami should beat Boston. But things are often not as simple as they appear, which is probably why you're having so much difficulty grasping what we're really talking about here. I'm not making "excuses". I'm explaining common sense reasons why Miami is a flawed team and, in some respects, despite his awesome ability, LeBron is a flawed player. I'm sorry this isn't a black and white as you'd like it to be. Carry on with your blind Heat/LeBron bashing.

maven
06-08-2012, 05:05 PM
I can't. I am leaving today for some humanity work and will miss the rest of the games. Only updates for me from here on out. Last time I did this was 2006, and yes, I missed the entire playoffs and finals that year also.

No way! Well, gl where you are heading.

SoonerBronco
06-08-2012, 11:02 PM
The OU kids on this site will be upset with this post.

Yeah, the point on analysis had me all upset.

SoonerBronco
06-08-2012, 11:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GGKY0.jpg

Seattle...maybe they should have filled up their 14000 seat area, or maybe even turn out to vote to save them. But right, it was Seattle's team with its loyal fan base. Nice way to sell newspapers.

bombay
06-09-2012, 01:13 PM
Carmelo is in a commercial for chocolate milk. He says he drinks it 'after I go all out'.

Hmmm...

Bacchus
06-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Does anyone have a link for the game tonight?

SoCalBronco
06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Does anyone have a link for the game tonight?

Try justin.tv, it usually has pretty much any game.

I'm hoping that 4 hours from now, maven is nowhere to be seen. Unfortunately, I believe Miami will in fact win this game, by about 6-8 points.

Bacchus
06-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Try justin.tv, it usually has pretty much any game.

I'm hoping that 4 hours from now, maven is nowhere to be seen. Unfortunately, I believe Miami will in fact win this game, by about 6-8 points.

That site has went to hell. Mostly Arab language soccer and stuff. I tried but could not find it over there.

SoCalBronco
06-09-2012, 05:53 PM
That site has went to hell. Mostly Arab language soccer and stuff. I tried but could not find it over there.

See if this works for you (not sure if it will, but try it out, right now it is playing NBA TV stuff):

http://atdhenet.tv/47690/watch-boston%20celtics%20vs%20miami%20heat

bombay
06-09-2012, 06:33 PM
http://001-jk-files.s3.amazonaws.com/images/boxscores/198005160PHI.jpg

Only 8 Lakers played in the final game of the 1979-80 season against Philadelphia. Nineteen year old rookie Magic Johnson, who was forced to play center because Kareem was out, scored 42 points to go with 15 rebounds and 9 assists.

It was the first of five NBA titles for Magic and the Lakers in the '80's.

Bacchus
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM
See if this works for you (not sure if it will, but try it out, right now it is playing NBA TV stuff):

http://atdhenet.tv/47690/watch-boston%20celtics%20vs%20miami%20heat

That one worked, thanks!!

LongDongJohnson
06-09-2012, 09:17 PM
So im guessing all you haters are joining the OKC bandwagon now. There your last hope. King James worlds greatest basketball player is on a mission.

ohiobronco2
06-09-2012, 09:20 PM
LeBron sucks. Go OKC.

LongDongJohnson
06-09-2012, 09:23 PM
LeBron sucks. Go OKC.

LeBron sucks. Yeah sure he does.

Thats almost as ridiculous as saying Tim Tebow is any good.

SoonerBronco
06-09-2012, 09:25 PM

LeBron absolutely does not suck.

But the Thunder still win in 6.

SoCalBronco
06-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Coward time.

Tombstone RJ
06-09-2012, 09:45 PM
LeBron absolutely does not suck.

But the Thunder still win in 6.

I hope you're right...

ohiobronco2
06-09-2012, 10:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CSyRhlGae-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NTTIAWWT

maven
06-09-2012, 10:09 PM
A King shall rise and lead his team to the promise land. Another series down, one to go.

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2012/06/09/23/46/1dW6nV.Em.56.gif

maven
06-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maven
06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
DAMN! It feels good!

gunns
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
I don't really care who wins although at the beginning of the season I thought it would be OKC. I kind of hope Miami wins though so all the stupid James comments will slow. I know they won't stop. Too many people enjoy making stupid comments. See Laker fans. :giggle:

maven
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM
So im guessing all you haters are joining the OKC bandwagon now. There your last hope. King James worlds greatest basketball player is on a mission.

Wouldn't surprise me Dong.

And yes King James is on a mission.

maven
06-09-2012, 10:15 PM
I kind of hope Miami wins though

Welcome aboard Gunns.

maven
06-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Boston needs to bring everything they got of they want a chance to get swept by the thunder

They brought it all, just wasn't enough.

maven
06-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Celtics are giving it their all, but they're just not any good

I agree Bean! Take a seat next to the Drunk Spurs fan.

gunns
06-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Welcome aboard Gunns.

No, I am not on the "bandwagon. I'm a die hard Celtics fan. I just don't have a problem with James. He's just passionate and overly confident. I don't find those bad traits to have. There are so many other athletes to have a passionate dislike for, that do truly stupid and bad things.

maven
06-09-2012, 10:24 PM
This ones for ya orange, gl on your mission.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/274/brofistcover.jpg

maven
06-09-2012, 10:25 PM
No, I am not on the "bandwagon. I'm a die hard Celtics fan. I just don't have a problem with James. He's just passionate and overly confident. I don't find those bad traits to have. There are so many other athletes to have a passionate dislike for, that do truly stupid and bad things.

I know. But, you are welcome to join the Heatles as they face the Thunder.

maven
06-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Coward alert.(i deeply down really like the heat)

That Rose is gonna be back in a couple years, if that.

ROFL!

maven
06-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Just wanna give it up to my man CB1. Hell of a game bro.

http://www.myhero.com/images/guest/g203566/hero48294/g203566_u53608_MMVA2007_Chris_Bosh.jpg

maven
06-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Your still a p***Y coward that nobody respects. Celtics easily can win in Miami and shut your spineless ass up.

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-3epmc0.gif