PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

BroncoMan4ever
05-30-2012, 11:56 PM
The Heat will rise to the chip!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1149384/wadestare.gif

they may get there, but more and more i am thinking this is the Spurs year. the run they are on is insane.

KCStud
05-31-2012, 02:17 AM
The Spurs are containing KD and Westbrook, two of the most energetic players in the league. I think they will be fine against LBJ and Wade.

Spurs have better fundamentals, better coaching and a better bench.

TonyR
05-31-2012, 06:06 AM
What was his line? 34/11/8? Tough crowd.

Right?!? 34/10/7. He clearly sucks. <rolls eyes>

oubronco
05-31-2012, 06:42 AM
The Spurs are containing KD and Westbrook, two of the most energetic players in the league. I think they will be fine against LBJ and Wade.

They both had over 30 pts last game not sure if that's considered containing them

Jason in LA
05-31-2012, 07:05 AM
U a weird dood. I'm a good looking guy and I already answered that question.

I'm the weird one? Dude, have you read the comments posted about you in this thread? (Not all by me)

You run off when the Heat lose, and you gloat win they win. You gloat like you've been here the entire time. And you talk as if there is no way that the Heat can lose. Ah, what happened last year?

You just broadcast to a forum of mostly guys that you're a "good looking guy." Ah, that's really weird. And why did it take you so long to state your gender? you know, I really don't believe you. You have chick like behavior.

And when did you answer the question about why you didn't show up after the Heat lost last year? Or why you don't show up now after a loss. You know if the Celtics had held that lead last night we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You wouldn't be here.

canadianbroncosfan
05-31-2012, 07:10 AM
ha! you think the nba would fix it so their own team WOULDNT win it

It's not their team anymore. The Saints' owner bought them.

TonyR
05-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Damn, if LeBron goes 0-3 in NBA Finals, that would just be bad.

Even considering the fact that his teams would have been considered the favorites in only one of the 3?

canadianbroncosfan
05-31-2012, 07:13 AM

Huh? KD, Westbrook and Harden had 90 of the Thunder's 109 points! They aren't containing them whatsoever. What they are doing is showing that OKC doesn't have very much depth.

BroncoMan4ever
05-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Even considering the fact that his teams would have been considered the favorites in only one of the 3?

doesn't matter. he is widely considered the best player in the league and has been thought of that way for a few seasons now. he guaranteed multiple championships in Miami and has choked on his own words. favorite or not he is looking bad.

Beantown Bronco
05-31-2012, 08:17 AM
The NBA frustrates me to no end. If the whole thing isn't rigged, they're certainly going out of their way to make it look like it is.

Jason in LA
05-31-2012, 08:27 AM

doesn't matter. he is widely considered the best player in the league and has been thought of that way for a few seasons now. he guaranteed multiple championships in Miami and has choked on his own words. favorite or not he is looking bad.

I agree with BroncoMan4ever. LeBron is supposed to win titles at this point of his career, and a number of them. His team showing up to the NBA Finals and not being the favorite is a slight against him, especially after he guaranteed multiple titles. The Heat were supposed to run through this league, and up to this point they have one flame out and they'll be the underdog in this year's NBA Finals. Even with Bosh they would still be the underdog, and not having Bosh isn't an excuse for them losing the Finals because they had him last year and lost.

LeBron gets a pass for the first NBA Finals. He was young and they didn't have a chance to beat the Spurs. He wasn't considered a championship player at that point. But at this point he is a championship caliber player. He's compared to Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, and the other greats. So he doesn't get a pass anymore.

maven
05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
It's not their team anymore. The Saints' owner bought them.

The lotto seems fixed to me. You can't even see it, just the results with the team name next to numbers.

maven
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
I'm the weird one? Dude, have you read the comments posted about you in this thread? (Not all by me)

You run off when the Heat lose, and you gloat win they win. You gloat like you've been here the entire time. And you talk as if there is no way that the Heat can lose. Ah, what happened last year?

You just broadcast to a forum of mostly guys that you're a "good looking guy." Ah, that's really weird. And why did it take you so long to state your gender? you know, I really don't believe you. You have chick like behavior.

And when did you answer the question about why you didn't show up after the Heat lost last year? Or why you don't show up now after a loss. You know if the Celtics had held that lead last night we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You wouldn't be here.

YEP, u weird man.

maven
05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Huh? KD, Westbrook and Harden had 90 of the Thunder's 109 points! They aren't containing them whatsoever. What they are doing is showing that OKC doesn't have very much depth.

The thunder need to get their head out of the asses and win a game tonight. Hopefully some home cooking will do that. The depth issue isn't a big a problem because they could've won game 1/2.

Thunder up today!

maven
05-31-2012, 08:59 AM

The two most energetic players in the league? What does that even mean?

The Heat crushed the Spurs back in January without Wade. Now the Spurs are playing great basketball now, the Heat can hang with SA. As I've said Bosh is key because he can contain Duncan with his length and athleticism.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
What the spurs are showing is opposing teams can play their best game and still lose to the spurs.

Spurs don't lose when they are firing on all cylinders. Plain and simple. They lose by racking up turnovers and missing open shots. Game 1 thunder had a chance with how bad the spurs came out in the first half. That 2nd half they were on point and what happened?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:02 AM
The two most energetic players in the league? What does that even mean?

The Heat crushed the Spurs back in January without Wade. Now the Spurs are playing great basketball now, the Heat can hang with SA. As I've said Bosh is key because he can contain Duncan with his length and athleticism.

I love how you bring up games that Blair and JEFFERSON was a part of. Totally different spurs team. You also fail to mention ginobili wasn't playing either for over half the season.

Drunk Monkey
05-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Maven is whipping himself/herself into a frenzy again. It is only a matter of time before he/she starts posting scantly clad pics of his/her man/women crush players again like last year. You are to Lebron what MacGruder is to Tebow.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:05 AM
What is maven anyways, a dude or a chick?

Or even a husband wife combo?

maven
05-31-2012, 09:06 AM
I love how you bring up games that Blair and JEFFERSON was a part of. Totally different spurs team. You also fail to mention ginobili wasn't playing either for over half the season.

And you failed to mention Wade was out as well. If the Spurs make it to the finals they are the favored team. Without Bosh, the Heat are the underdogs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:10 AM
And you failed to mention Wade was out as well. If the Spurs make it to the finals they are the favored team. Without Bosh, the Heat are the underdogs.

I didn't mention wade cause I'd didn't bring up those regular season games. It ain't gonna be a sweep by the spurs against the heat. Heat are too good. Just like I think it won't be a sweep with the thunder. But In the regular season it was a different spurs team. Diaw is huge for this team. Something Jefferson and Blair could not bring. Diaw knows this offense because he plays in it on his euro team. Jefferson played for a couple years and still couldn't figure it out.

maven
05-31-2012, 09:11 AM
http://i.minus.com/iVtiIVmXcUFot.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:13 AM
So maven, are you a dude or a chick?

maven
05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
What is maven anyways, a dude or a chick?

Or even a husband wife combo?

Maven is whipping himself/herself into a frenzy again. It is only a matter of time before he/she starts posting scantly clad pics of his/her man/women crush players again like last year. You are to Lebron what MacGruder is to Tebow.

http://i.imgur.com/c7X9f.gif

maven
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
So maven, are you a dude or a chick?

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/158389_o.gif

I'm just too cool.:~ohyah!:

Lestat
05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
man the Spurs are just top notch from ownership to the FO and down to the coaching staff and players.

outside of Phil Jackson i've never seen a better modern chess master at coach than Pop.
Doc Rivers is close but the things Pop has done with this team this season is unreal.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Well im gonna assume youre a chick. And if you arent, being called a she could be very demeaning.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:55 AM
man the Spurs are just top notch from ownership to the FO and down to the coaching staff and players.

outside of Phil Jackson i've never seen a better modern chess master at coach than Pop.
Doc Rivers is close but the things Pop has done with this team this season is unreal.

Well said Lestat. I do get frustrated at times like when he sits Duncan Parker and ginobili during 10 game win streaks. I'm not a big fan of him sitting Duncan from the 1st quarter till around the 7 minute mark of the 2nd.(routine). But it's workin!

He likes his wine too.

KCStud
05-31-2012, 11:08 AM

Losing Maynor hurt this team pretty bad. With that said, I hate Perkins. The guy sucks. He provides no offense and his defense is average.

TonyR
05-31-2012, 12:05 PM
I agree with BroncoMan4ever. LeBron is supposed to win titles at this point of his career, and a number of them. His team showing up to the NBA Finals and not being the favorite is a slight against him, especially after he guaranteed multiple titles. The Heat were supposed to run through this league, and up to this point they have one flame out and they'll be the underdog in this year's NBA Finals. Even with Bosh they would still be the underdog, and not having Bosh isn't an excuse for them losing the Finals because they had him last year and lost.

I understand this line of thinking. But reasonable people who understand the game knew it wasn't going to be that easy for the Heat. People knew that their "big 3" was going to make it difficult for them to build a complete team, and that's been exactly their problem. The Heat underperformed against the Mavs last year, and they deserve some criticism for that. But the Mavs were a hotter, more complete team last year, just as San Antonio is clearly a superior team this year. LeBron will still be the best player on the floor, and it's not his fault that San Antonio put together a better team. The only thing he can really be blamed for is a stupid prediction. People are extra hard on him because of the manner in which he left Cleveland, and that's fine. But it doesn't mean it's "right" or "correct".

SonOfLe-loLang
05-31-2012, 02:11 PM
I understand this line of thinking. But reasonable people who understand the game knew it wasn't going to be that easy for the Heat. People knew that their "big 3" was going to make it difficult for them to build a complete team, and that's been exactly their problem. The Heat underperformed against the Mavs last year, and they deserve some criticism for that. But the Mavs were a hotter, more complete team last year, just as San Antonio is clearly a superior team this year. LeBron will still be the best player on the floor, and it's not his fault that San Antonio put together a better team. The only thing he can really be blamed for is a stupid prediction. People are extra hard on him because of the manner in which he left Cleveland, and that's fine. But it doesn't mean it's "right" or "correct".

I agree. I think its that decision that causes people to poke a **** ton of holes in his game and hold him to these incredibly lofty standards. I'm sorry, but LeBron James has to be the only guy in the history of the league to have "quiet" 34/11/8 games.

DENVERDUI55
05-31-2012, 03:55 PM
They both had over 30 pts last game not sure if that's considered containing them

How many shots did they take though?

TonyR
05-31-2012, 04:16 PM
I agree. I think its that decision that causes people to poke a **** ton of holes in his game and hold him to these incredibly lofty standards. I'm sorry, but LeBron James has to be the only guy in the history of the league to have "quiet" 34/11/8 games.

Yup. Everyone who plays the "he's not a winner" card about LeBron really should read this. In fact, everyone should read it! It's good stuff.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/05/30/cosell-talks-hes-a-winner/

I really recommend clicking and reading the whole thing but here's an excerpt for the lazy and/or "too busy" amongst us:

I remember Peyton Manning talking about the winning touchdown drive in the AFC Championship Game against the Patriots back in 2007 when we interviewed him for our “America’s Game” series. To paraphrase, Manning said it was a great series of plays, executed extremely well in a very trying and tense circumstance (with the Super Bowl at stake). He then went on to add that if Brady had followed with a Patriots touchdown in the final 54 seconds, no one would have remembered the Colts drive, as special as it was in Manning’s mind. His outstanding play would have been viewed through the prism of “he’s not a winner.” His performance would not have been any different. Again, perception without context and understanding.

In 2011, one quarterback in particular fostered blind obedience by many observers to the phrase “he’s winner” without much thought as to why it was being said. Tim Tebow won seven of his first eight starts, a number of them in spectacular fashion with late-game heroics. Of course, Matt Prater made two 50-plus yard overtime field goals to defeat the Dolphins and Bears (and the Chicago win also featured a 59-yarder with eight seconds remaining in regulation).

Then came four losses in his last five games, during which Tebow, with the exception of the playoff win against Pittsburgh, played about as poorly as an NFL quarterback can play. In those four losses, he completed 39 percent of his passes. So the question must be asked: Was Tebow a “winner” in some games, but not others? Did he not practice “winning” in the weeks leading up to those four losses?

oubronco
05-31-2012, 04:20 PM
How many shots did they take though?

Durant 10/17 fg's 8/8 ft's 31pts

Westbrook 10/24 fg's 4/5 ft's 27 pts

bombay
05-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Not many pros have had the opportunity to pick the players of their choice from among the best in the league, and team up for a specific reason: championships. Multiple championships. Seven, according to the players involved. Here, in his 9th season, and the second with his handpicked team, it hasn't and isn't going to happen. Next season will be number ten, and the competition just gets tougher. OKC is still on the rise, and San Antonio is putting together a great squad by mixing the old with the new. The guy may may be a great individual player, but he has yet to prove that he's a champion. And he had a real chance to do that last season, when he disappeared without a trace.

JPPT1974
05-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Boston is down 0-2. As they need to get in it as the Heat could be surprising after the backlash of last year.

DENVERDUI55
05-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Durant 10/17 fg's 8/8 ft's 31pts

Westbrook 10/24 fg's 4/5 ft's 27 pts

Not as many shots as I was thinking. The spurs though usually let stars get their numbers and shut out role players. Look at Amares numbers against spurs and D Williams in playoffs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Well I called it. When the spurs turn the ball over they have problems winning. How many unforced turnovers in that 1st half? Sometimes they have games like that where they just can't control the ball on offense.

Rolandftw
05-31-2012, 08:08 PM
Gotta give props to the Thunder. Came to play tonight.

maven
05-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Well I called it. When the spurs turn the ball over they have problems winning. How many unforced turnovers in that 1st half? Sometimes they have games like that where they just can't control the ball on offense.

Spurs are getting blown the **** out. And what you described can apply to any of the teams remaining.

maven
05-31-2012, 08:24 PM
Gotta give props to the Thunder. Came to play tonight.

Major props. I new they would step up at home.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Spurs are getting blown the **** out. And what you described can apply to any of the teams remaining.

Not really. That's the way the spurs lose. Turnovers. They don't lose by playing their best and getting beat. That's the difference.

notice I'm here after a blowout? Unlike someone who shrivels up like salty balls when the heat lose! Ha!

NFLBRONCO
05-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Not really. That's the way the spurs lose. Turnovers. They don't lose by playing their best and getting beat. That's the difference.

notice I'm here after a blowout? Unlike someone who shrivels up like salty balls when the heat lose! Ha!

props too

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 09:41 PM
props too

It was ugly after the tip off. That 8-0 run to start the game set the tone. Turnovers have been their Achilles heal the entire year. They gotta clean that up. Thunder did a good job forcing turnovers but the spurs also had way too many unforced ones.

I will say the harden stare down on splitter was immature. How you gonna stare down someone after doinking a dunk

NFLBRONCO
05-31-2012, 09:47 PM
It was ugly after the tip off. That 8-0 run to start the game set the tone. Turnovers have been their Achilles heal the entire year. They gotta clean that up. Thunder did a good job forcing turnovers but the spurs also had way too many unforced ones.

I will say the harden stare down on splitter was immature. How you gonna stare down someone after doinking a dunk

No shame OKC is talented had a great game tonight this will help the Spurs by breaking win streak.

maven
05-31-2012, 10:13 PM
Turnovers.

All teams lose with lots of T's

Hilarious!

maven
05-31-2012, 10:14 PM
No shame OKC is talented had a great game tonight this will help the Spurs by breaking win streak.

I guess the media slobber all over them is over. Spurs can lose. Spurs can lose ****ing badly.
:giggle:

maven
05-31-2012, 11:22 PM
man, those Spurs got their asses beat and beat down hard.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

SoonerBronco
06-01-2012, 06:31 AM

Get used to it, it will happen again on Sat. Thunder found the recipe for success.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm sorry, but LeBron James has to be the only guy in the history of the league to have "quiet" 34/11/8 games.

When you suck from the field (7 for 20) and have over half your points come from the free throw line because the refs send you up there 132 times, that tends to happen.

TonyR
06-01-2012, 06:53 AM
When you suck from the field (7 for 20) and have over half your points come from the free throw line because the refs send you up there 132 times, that tends to happen.

Meh, it happens sometimes. LeBron generally shoots a pretty good % as evidenced by the fact that he has the best PER in the league every year. Great players get to the free throw line and get their points.

maven
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM

Boston better win tonight or it's over.

maven
06-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Get used to it, it will happen again on Sat. Thunder found the recipe for success.

Pretty much and they crushed them. See what happens tomorrow. I expect the Thunder to kik them in the ass again.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Pretty much and they crushed them. See what happens tomorrow. I expect the Thunder to kik them in the ass again.

I notice you stopped posting once the heat are getting their ass kicked.

Where you at maven? Heat are getting blasted out of the arena

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM

What recipe is that, spurs play like crap? Cause we all saw they can't beat the spurs when they play decent. Which is the reason why spurs had won 9 of the last 10 games against them

maven
06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Congrats to the Celts. They came to play. Heat look like ass, even I laugh.

maven
06-01-2012, 07:53 PM
I notice you stopped posting once the heat are getting their ass kicked.

Where you at maven? Heat are getting blasted out of the arena

I post when I can.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
I post when I can.

At least you showed up this time. Lol

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Celtics just seem content on draining the shot clock on each possession. That ain't gonna get it done

maven
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
At least you showed up this time. Lol

I've showed up in the past & last year.

It's all good though. Heat were coasting tonight and they got their ass handed to them. I expect a different game next.

SoonerBronco
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
What recipe is that, spurs play like crap? Cause we all saw they can't beat the spurs when they play decent. Which is the reason why spurs had won 9 of the last 10 games against them

Yeah, because the Thunder winning by 20 with the scrubs Playing had nothing to do with OKC playing great, but had everything to do with the Spurs playing like crap? Nice flawed logic. Thabo will continue to frustrate Parker, who travels more than American Airlines, and the Spurs will go as he goes. Thunder will win tomorrow night and even it up.

Jason in LA
06-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Damn you a lie! If you would have showed up you wouldn't get crapped on so much!

Rolandftw
06-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I still think the Spurs and Heat win their respective series's, probably in 5.. but have to give credit to both OKC and Boston in how they responded in game 3.

Rolandftw
06-01-2012, 08:28 PM

Lol @ this. I guess unforced turnovers are a good recipe.

maven
06-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Damn you a lie! If you would have showed up you wouldn't get crapped on so much!

hahaha I've showed up. Some just run with it. And you've hooked line and sinker. At least the Heat are playing today. Where's the Lakers? Oh thas right, at home where they belong because they're yesterday.

maven
06-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I still think the Spurs and Heat win their respective series's, probably in 5.. but have to give credit to both OKC and Boston in how they responded in game 3.

I think 6 both and probably 7 for the western series. The spurs/okcity much different than heat/celts series.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, because the Thunder winning by 20 with the scrubs Playing had nothing to do with OKC playing great, but had everything to do with the Spurs playing like crap? Nice flawed logic. Thabo will continue to frustrate Parker, who travels more than American Airlines, and the Spurs will go as he goes. Thunder will win tomorrow night and even it up.

Um wrong. I'm talking about the unforced turnovers in the first half. You don't win games with 20 plus turnovers. Are you even a thunder fan or just jumped on their bandwagon? Must feel weird to just become a fan of a team that was loved in Seattle for all those years.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 08:38 PM
I love how thunder fans trash on the spurs yet the thunder was built the exact same way with Sam Presti having spurs blood.

maven
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I love how thunder fans trash on the spurs yet the thunder was built the exact same way with Sam Presti having spurs blood.

Hitting on top picks have something to do with it and grabbing ibaka with the 24? was a steal.

maven
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm rooting for the Thunder 2morrow because I want an entertaining series. Here ya go okcity

Thunder up!!!!!!!!!!

maven
06-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Must feel weird to just become a fan of a team that was loved in Seattle for all those years.

Hey they have a team now in no mans land, just like the Spurs. I'm sure yocals are proud.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey they have a team now in no mans land, just like the Spurs. I'm sure yocals are proud.

Ya there ain't much out there but tornados.

maven
06-01-2012, 09:11 PM

I'm glad a random city like OKcity has a team. They show up & support. I give em credit.

Jason in LA
06-01-2012, 09:13 PM
hahaha I've showed up. Some just run with it. And you've hooked line and sinker. At least the Heat are playing today. Where's the Lakers? Oh thas right, at home where they belong because they're yesterday.

They're shinning their 16 championship trophies.

zms325i
06-01-2012, 09:34 PM
They're shinning their 16 championship trophies.

Resting on those laurels got them far the past two years.

SoonerBronco
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Um wrong. I'm talking about the unforced turnovers in the first half. You don't win games with 20 plus turnovers. Are you even a thunder fan or just jumped on their bandwagon? Must feel weird to just become a fan of a team that was loved in Seattle for all those years.

I'm and Oklahoma Native and have been a fan of the Thunder since their inception here. Doesn't feel weird at all to be a fan, they are this cities team. You are not giving the Thunder enough credit for the defensive pressure they have been putting on the Spurs. You saw it in spurts in games one and two, but in three they put it all together. It will be closer tomorrow, but the Thunder will win. Mark it down.

SoonerBronco
06-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Lol @ this. I guess unforced turnovers are a good recipe.

I guess unforced Turnovers is all you guys can come up with. They still turned the ball over 21 times. The opposing D has a good deal to do with that.

SoonerBronco
06-01-2012, 09:46 PM

...I love people's perceptions about Oklahoma City. Hilarious!

KCStud
06-01-2012, 09:48 PM
...I love people's perceptions about Oklahoma City. Hilarious!

Having lived in OKC for the last 6 years, there really isn't much out here, and the scenery is flat and plain with little green.

People say KC is bad. No. OKC is bad. At least KC has trees and and some nice scenery. OKC is just bad.

Jason in LA
06-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Resting on those laurels got them far the past two years.

Are you serious? Trading for Chris Paul is resting on their laurels?

DENVERDUI55
06-02-2012, 12:01 AM

No you don't you were gone after heat dropped two in the first round. You were nowhere after the finals last year.

OrangeCrush2724
06-02-2012, 04:01 AM

It's all good though. Heat were coasting tonight and they got their ass handed to them. I expect a different game next.

Yeah I agree, the defense was horrible out there. Kind of reminded me of Game 3 of the Pacers. Lets see what happens on Sunday.

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2012, 04:09 AM
It's amazing what happens when the refs aren't bought and paid for. Should be 2-1 Cs right now.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I'm and Oklahoma Native and have been a fan of the Thunder since their inception here. Doesn't feel weird at all to be a fan, they are this cities team. You are not giving the Thunder enough credit for the defensive pressure they have been putting on the Spurs. You saw it in spurts in games one and two, but in three they put it all together. It will be closer tomorrow, but the Thunder will win. Mark it down.

Oh I give them credit. They are more similar to the spurs than some think. I also saw unforced turnovers such as LAZY passes and passes after the player has jumped in the air aka Bonner. I have no clue why they went away from the pick and roll and tried to force the low post. I also have no clue why Bonner is getting so many minutes. That clown cannot shoot or play defense. I'm guessing he was only in there to prevent a hack a splitter

cousinal11
06-02-2012, 10:51 AM
It's amazing what happens when the refs aren't bought and paid for. Should be 2-1 Cs right now.

Hopefully the Celts bring it again tomorrow.

OrangeCrush2724
06-02-2012, 11:00 AM

I find it funny when people blame the refs. It's funnier coming from a fan of Garnett, who does a illegal screen on every single play.

cousinal11
06-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I find it funny when people blame the refs. It's funnier coming from a fan of Garnett, who does a illegal screen on every single play.

I normally don't blame the refs but the 1 no call alone arguably did change the outcome of game 2. Of course if the Celtics won game 2, Miami may have brought it stronger last night.

Tim
06-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Whoever wins tonight will win it all. Spurs

Beantown Bronco
06-02-2012, 11:43 AM

If you can honestly tell me that the refs didn't have a huge role in how game 2 went down, then I don't know what to tell you. I've yet to see an unbiased source not agree with that.

TDmvp
06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Yea if people don't think the no call on Rondo didn't have a massive effect on that out come is blind.

The reason I don't consider myself a huge basketball fan is stuff like that and how easy a bad call can change a outcome and how bad the refs can slow down a game.

Hell sometimes there is 5 or more foul calls in 2 mins and half of them are ticky tack crap.

It really slows up the flow of a game and makes it at times about unwatchable.

OrangeCrush2724
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
If you can honestly tell me that the refs didn't have a huge role in how game 2 went down, then I don't know what to tell you. I've yet to see an unbiased source not agree with that.

Can you really tell me Garnett doesn't do illegal screens every play? Yeah, wide open 17 footers have no effect on the game.

bombay
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
The non call when Wade hit Rondo in the face dirctly affected the outcome of the game.

Rolandftw
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I guess unforced Turnovers is all you guys can come up with. They still turned the ball over 21 times. The opposing D has a good deal to do with that.

They had something to do with the turnovers. But acting like their win in game 3, is due to the Thunder finally figuring out how to beat the Spurs is laughable at best.

They won because they were the more desperate team, and knew if they lost game 3 the series was over.

I expect the Spurs to play with a lot more energy game 4, and for all intended purposes put the series away.

bombay
06-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I expect an excellent game between the two best teams in the league.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Why the hell do they keep playing bonner????? He's screwing everything up

bombay
06-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Still think fisher is a double agent sent to sabotage the Thunder.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2012, 06:28 PM
6 point blank easy layups at the Tim. Missed all of them. Feeding splitter in the low post?? Spurs don't want to win this game.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-02-2012, 06:37 PM
This game is over. They just flat out suck. Time to put the scrubs in and hope you won all the games at home.

bombay
06-02-2012, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=Drunken.Broncoholic;3599756]This game is over. They just flat out suck. Time to put the scrubs in and hope you won all the games at home.[/QUOTE5 ]

You're giving up on a 5 point game in the third quarter? Pathetic, really.

DBroncos4life
06-02-2012, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=Drunken.Broncoholic;3599756]This game is over. They just flat out suck. Time to put the scrubs in and hope you won all the games at home.[/QUOTE5 ]

You're giving up on a 5 point game in the third quarter? Pathetic, really.

It was a lot more then a 5 point lead when he posted that.

bombay
06-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Durrant is showing how superstars take over games.

What, 13 consecutive 4th quarter points? This is the way a superstar plays.

Rolandftw
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Who'd have thought Perkins and Ibaka would have been so huge for the Thunder in game 4?

maven
06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Yeah I agree, the defense was horrible out there. Kind of reminded me of Game 3 of the Pacers. Lets see what happens on Sunday.

We've seen this team play like this the past two seasons. Really irks me. Glad I'm not the coach.

maven
06-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Really hurts the Heat not having an elite player play 40+ minutes. The Heat can still take the Celts tomorrow, but it's gonna be a grind. Wade, sos, attack the f'n rim.

maven
06-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Are you serious? Trading for Chris Paul is resting on their laurels?

Glad the league nixed that. What a ****ty f'n trade for NOLA.

maven
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
No you don't you were gone after heat dropped two in the first round. You were nowhere after the finals last year.

Maybe you should post more cuz I didn't see ya around last year. I got bills to pay and 20 kids to feed. Cannot be on the net 24/7 like some others.

maven
06-02-2012, 08:11 PM

Hilarious!

maven
06-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Can you really tell me Garnett doesn't do illegal screens every play? Yeah, wide open 17 footers have no effect on the game.

Don't waste your breath orange, the Celtics play perfect ball.

maven
06-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Thunder take it just like I said. I see it going 7 with the Thunder stealing game 7 in San Antonio.

maven
06-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Having lived in OKC for the last 6 years, there really isn't much out here, and the scenery is flat and plain with little green.

People say KC is bad. No. OKC is bad. At least KC has trees and and some nice scenery. OKC is just bad.

Both bad. I feel sorry for ya.

SoonerBronco
06-02-2012, 09:08 PM
They had something to do with the turnovers. But acting like their win in game 3, is due to the Thunder finally figuring out how to beat the Spurs is laughable at best.

They won because they were the more desperate team, and knew if they lost game 3 the series was over.

I expect the Spurs to play with a lot more energy game 4, and for all intended purposes put the series away.

Looks like your prediction was laughable at best. Looks like someone is playing better team ball right now and it's not SA. Thunder take the lead in a close game Wed.

DENVERDUI55
06-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Maybe you should post more cuz I didn't see ya around last year. I got bills to pay and 20 kids to feed. Cannot be on the net 24/7 like some others.

Well if you weren't so spineless people wouldn't be calling you out for it. Your a legend in your own mind making up excuses for your running and hiding.

Doggcow
06-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Thunder take it just like I said. I see it going 7 with the Thunder stealing game 7 in San Antonio.

Just like you guaranteed the Heat winning it?

maven
06-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Just like you guaranteed the Heat winning it?

Yes, they will this year.

:strong:

maven
06-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Well if you weren't so spineless people wouldn't be calling you out for it. Your a legend in your own mind making up excuses for your running and hiding.

dont have much to say do ya.

Doggcow
06-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Yes, they will this year.

:strong:

We all know you'll just go to a troll account for a few months if you're wrong, anyway...

Jason in LA
06-03-2012, 01:06 AM
Glad the league nixed that. What a ****ty f'n trade for NOLA.

That was a good trade for all teams involved. You're happy it got nixed for the same reason everybody else is. The Lakers would be on their way to another title.

oubronco
06-03-2012, 07:29 AM

OOPS :~ohyah!:

bombay
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Great game last night. That's what championship NBA basketball should look like.

bombay
06-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Love the 1st half in Boston.

TDmvp
06-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Rondo is just insane. Boston may not move on to the final , although they are who I want to win . But one thing is for sure Rondo is just a total stud. When playing at the top of his game there is not much answer for him.

As I sit here in my Rondo jersey hehehe. Loved him since the year Boston won it all and before those finals everyone wondered if Rondo was the weak link , and he ended up being one of the main reason they won it.

myMind
06-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Holy **** Lebron is a pussy. Step up and win the game sometime buddy.

bombay
06-03-2012, 08:32 PM
James forces a crap shot at 2:00. Then boston goes down and misses, James gets the ball and commits an offensive foul. Fouls out. This guy is no Durrant.

Jason in LA
06-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Id be shocked if Wade didn't take this last shot.

bombay
06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
hahahahahaha

Jason in LA
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Well at least Wade had the balls to take the shot.

Really looking at the series, it is damn near 3-1 Boston.

TDmvp
06-03-2012, 08:44 PM
http://www.eyeonspain.com/userfiles/image/Smilies/Morerosado/smiley%20whew.gif

SonOfLe-loLang
06-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Well at least Wade had the balls to take the shot.

Really looking at the series, it is damn near 3-1 Boston.

ugh, i hate this argument. Its also damn near 3-1 Miami (if Wade hits the shot)

SonOfLe-loLang
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
James forces a crap shot at 2:00. Then boston goes down and misses, James gets the ball and commits an offensive foul. Fouls out. This guy is no Durrant.

My god, the hate is strong. In the last minute of regular time, he hit a big three to tie it, drew a foul to get the last shot, and yes, he didnt take the last shot, but the Celts played great D and were all over it. perspective

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Wade misses of course. He isn't as clutch as his rep would make you think when the refs aren't gift wrapping his out of control drives with fouls.

DBroncos4life
06-03-2012, 08:48 PM
My god, the hate is strong. In the last minute of regular time, he hit a big three to tie it, drew a foul to get the last shot, and yes, he didnt take the last shot, but the Celts played great D and were all over it. perspective

That should have been called a double foul.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-03-2012, 08:50 PM
That should have been called a double foul.

Whatever. Point is, if that were another player (durant in this case), people would be saying how saavy a move it is.

ohiobronco2
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Maven? Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Whatever. Point is, if that were another player (durant in this case), people would be saying how saavy a move it is.

Durant actually can get a shot off for a GOOD look even with good D on him. I think Bron's rep comes because he can't make a winning shot in the last minutes when refs swallow their whistles and he goes to the hole like an out of control train.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Durant actually can get a shot off for a GOOD look even with good D on him. I think Bron's rep comes because he can't make a winning shot in the last minutes when refs swallow their whistles and he goes to the hole like an out of control train.

He made a HUGE three right before. I dont know why I defend him so much, im not a heat fan, I just think the criticism he gets is absurd.

cousinal11
06-03-2012, 08:58 PM
The officiating has been terrible in the Eastern Finals, both ways. This coming from a Celtics fan.

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 09:04 PM
He made a HUGE three right before. I dont know why I defend him so much, im not a heat fan, I just think the criticism he gets is absurd.

Blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. How many big shots has he taken this post season and how many has he made? Yeah I saw the three but I always see him feel the pressure and pass when the rubber meets the road.

Jason in LA
06-03-2012, 09:46 PM

;D

OBF1
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
In my case, There is just not a single thing about LaBron James that I like. The only reason he made the second 3 point shot is because not a single player from the Celtics respect him shooting... Hence no one bothered nor cared to guard him leaving him wide open. He will never be the "King" as he calls himself.

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 10:10 PM

With all your duties you have somehow still managed to post 75 more times than the next guy. I'm not tooting my teams horn and if I did I would show up after a loss. I suspect we won't hear your crap til after game 5. Hell even Bob gives you crap.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Looks like maven is pulling the coward act again.

cousinal11
06-03-2012, 10:23 PM

Reminds me of that whiney, flopping punk dwayne wade.

Jason in LA
06-03-2012, 10:27 PM
With all your duties you have somehow still managed to post 75 more times than the next guy. I'm not tooting my teams horn and if I did I would show up after a loss. I suspect we won't hear your crap til after game 5. Hell even Bob gives you crap.

I wonder if Maven is the least respected poster in this thread, or on this entire board.

myMind
06-04-2012, 12:36 AM

Read your post and then look at your sig pic.
Nullifying to say the least.

TonyR
06-04-2012, 05:44 AM

^Yup. The hate is a bit much. The funny thing is that it's more of a compliment to LeBron than anything. They care so much that they nitpick every "mistake" he makes while ignoring all the great things he does every game. Not a great game from LeBron but he still managed a game high 29 points.

Heard Magic and Jon Barry on ESPN this morning and they put most of the blame on Spoelstra, questioning the shots they set up both at the end of regulation and OT, and the lineups they had in some situations.

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Listening to Mike and Mike this morning. They said the Heat are 0-10 on game winning shots. Wade 0-4 Bron 0-3 and the rest of the team 0-3. I think most of the flack they are getting is justified.

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Listening to Mike and Mike this morning. They said the Heat are 0-10 on game winning shots. Wade 0-4 Bron 0-3 and the rest of the team 0-3. I think most of the flack they are getting is justified.

What is their definition of "game winning shot"? The Heat won game 1 and then game 2 in OT, so, unless the C's scored on their own basket in OT, SOMEBODY had to win it for the Heat.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
Where's maven? Looks like both our teams couldn't get it done on the road

Beantown Bronco
06-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I got bills to pay and 20 kids to feed. Cannot be on the net 24/7 like some others.

Apparently, he only has these time consuming problems when the Heat lose.

I challenge you, Maven, to show one instance of a time you weren't able to post within 24 hrs of a Heat playoff victory.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 08:41 AM
20 kids?

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2012, 08:44 AM
What is their definition of "game winning shot"? The Heat won game 1 and then game 2 in OT, so, unless the C's scored on their own basket in OT, SOMEBODY had to win it for the Heat.

Not sure, I got in the car mid conversation. The impression I got from what I heard was shot clock off game winding down Heat with one last shot to win and they miss resulting in OT or a loss. I will see if I can find something to support that.

Drunk Monkey
06-04-2012, 08:46 AM
20 kids?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-tennessee-man-has-30-kids-20120518,0,4036567.story

Maven?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2012, 09:09 AM

I think its a little dumb, mostly because the sample size is pretty low. He hit a big, pressure shot last night, but it doesn't matter until he "wins multiple championships" or whatever. I still think there's too much of a premium put on winning when deciding a person's value, especially with team sports. If Wade hits the shot, and Miami goes on to a commanding 3-1 lead, it shouldn't affect how we consider LeBron James, but in our simplified arguments, it does. It's similar to the point Peyton made about his game winning drive in the AFC championship a few years ago...had brady scored after, no one would have cared and he'd still be branded a "loser" even though Peyton doesn't play D and would have nothing to do with that Patriot drive.

oubronco
06-04-2012, 09:39 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-tennessee-man-has-30-kids-20120518,0,4036567.story

Maven?

Someone needs a little snip snip

Jason in LA
06-04-2012, 10:40 AM
These series have become extremely interesting. After the first two games it looked like we'd be waiting around for the Spurs/Heat series. But now, who knows? I'd still lean towards the Spurs and Heat making it to the Finals, but these Game 5s are going to be huge. Winners of those two games most likely will go to the Finals.

Jason in LA
06-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Apparently, he only has these time consuming problems when the Heat lose.

I challenge you, Maven, to show one instance of a time you weren't able to post within 24 hrs of a Heat playoff victory.

The most annoying thing about Maven is that when he comes back after a Heat win, he acts like he never ran off and hid and he goes back to talking as if it is a foregone conclusion that the Heat will win. If he would simple acknowledge that there is a chance that the Heat can lose, and then show up when they do lose, nobody would have a problem with the guy. Then he can show up and gloat when they do win. That's just how it works. Have to take the good with the bad.

Jason in LA
06-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I think its a little dumb, mostly because the sample size is pretty low. He hit a big, pressure shot last night, but it doesn't matter until he "wins multiple championships" or whatever. I still think there's too much of a premium put on winning when deciding a person's value, especially with team sports. If Wade hits the shot, and Miami goes on to a commanding 3-1 lead, it shouldn't affect how we consider LeBron James, but in our simplified arguments, it does. It's similar to the point Peyton made about his game winning drive in the AFC championship a few years ago...had brady scored after, no one would have cared and he'd still be branded a "loser" even though Peyton doesn't play D and would have nothing to do with that Patriot drive.

I'd say that in basketball there is more of a "premium" for an iconic player to win a title, mainly because there are so few players who impact a game compared to other team sports, that one guy can make a huge difference, and an iconic player is supposed to win titles.

Having a super star quarterback in football doesn't mean as much as having a super star basketball player because there are so many other players involved. A super star basketball player is supposed to win titles, and most do. Off the top of my head, I'd say that most super star basketball players have titles. Malone and Barkley may be the only two who don't that I can think of. I guess going way back in the day Elgin Baylor. But he kept losing to Bill Russell and the Celtics. There are players who are very good, but I wouldn't put them in the super star category (Patrick Ewing for example). Those players are not defined by titles.

I'd say that people who do not like LeBron, but can still be objective, will say that he is a great player. I'd never say that he sucks, and the stats that are reported on the guy shows that he is great. But he's been presented to us as an iconic player, and he has greatly benefitted from that. I'd say he's enjoyed the spot light. But if he's going to be an icon he better win some titles. That's just how it is. Just like Kobe had to win titles without Shaq. It was unfair because Kobe was just as important to the Lakers 3 peat as Shaq was, but he needed those other two titles to validate his greatness. And I'd say that he needed multiple titles, not just one more.

LeBron has been put on a pedestal, so he needs multiple titles to validate that. That's just how it is. And if he keeps shrinking in the big moment, the moment where he needs to get his team a win, he'll always have people giving him crap. If a guy that great can't win a title, maybe he's not really as great as some people thought he was.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
I'd say that in basketball there is more of a "premium" for an iconic player to win a title, mainly because there are so few players who impact a game compared to other team sports, that one guy can make a huge difference, and an iconic player is supposed to win titles.

Having a super star quarterback in football doesn't mean as much as having a super star basketball player because there are so many other players involved. A super star basketball player is supposed to win titles, and most do. Off the top of my head, I'd say that most super star basketball players have titles. Malone and Barkley may be the only two who don't that I can think of. I guess going way back in the day Elgin Baylor. But he kept losing to Bill Russell and the Celtics. There are players who are very good, but I wouldn't put them in the super star category (Patrick Ewing for example). Those players are not defined by titles.

I'd say that people who do not like LeBron, but can still be objective, will say that he is a great player. I'd never say that he sucks, and the stats that are reported on the guy shows that he is great. But he's been presented to us as an iconic player, and he has greatly benefitted from that. I'd say he's enjoyed the spot light. But if he's going to be an icon he better win some titles. That's just how it is. Just like Kobe had to win titles without Shaq. It was unfair because Kobe was just as important to the Lakers 3 peat as Shaq was, but he needed those other two titles to validate his greatness. And I'd say that he needed multiple titles, not just one more.

LeBron has been put on a pedestal, so he needs multiple titles to validate that. That's just how it is. And if he keeps shrinking in the big moment, the moment where he needs to get his team a win, he'll always have people giving him crap. If a guy that great can't win a title, maybe he's not really as great as some people thought he was.

If you had to guess, do you think Lebron spends his entire career titleless? I feel its an inevitablity he wins one.

I wish he wasnt on the heat though. I don't think its a good match for him, and i think he'd have had better success had he chose a diff team in 2010

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2012, 11:11 AM

And as a life long knicks fan, i never liked Ewing :)

Jason in LA
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
If you had to guess, do you think Lebron spends his entire career titleless? I feel its an inevitablity he wins one.

I wish he wasnt on the heat though. I don't think its a good match for him, and i think he'd have had better success had he chose a diff team in 2010

It's interesting, a couple days ago for the first time I had the thought that LeBron may never win a title. I'd say that he probably will, but what if? It's becoming a legit question. He's 28 now, and like you mentioned, this team might not be the best fit for him (even with that being the case, if he's that great than he should win the title with them). So if they keep this team together for the next couple of years and don't win it, now he's 30. And he'll only have a few prime years left. Some players are able to stretch out their prime years longer, but some players just all of a sudden fall off a cliff. So there is no telling how many more prime years the guy has. At some point it is going to be a question we hear all the time. So I'd say that he needs to win a title sooner than later.

I really thought that he should have gone to the Bulls. I can't remember exactly how that was going to fit, but I don't think the Bulls would have had to break up their team to get him. I also thought that he would have been a great fit on the Clippers, and that they had a young team to surround him. But he wasn't about to become a Clipper. This whole "super team" thing isn't as good as it sounds.

TonyR
06-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Just like Kobe...

One huge difference between LeBron and Kobe is Phil Jackson. Kobe also had a better upbringing and had better people surrounding him and giving him advice and support.

swaiy
06-04-2012, 02:50 PM
I would honestly like LBJ to get a ring because I think he is a good player. One of my favorites. I also wouldn't mind seeing the following ****storm that will take place if he does. It's amazing how people show so much emotion towards a player they don't care for.

OrangeCrush2724
06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I love how this thread lights up like a Christmas tree after a Heat loss. Looks like we got a series, I still like my boys to take it.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
It's interesting, a couple days ago for the first time I had the thought that LeBron may never win a title. I'd say that he probably will, but what if? It's becoming a legit question. He's 28 now, and like you mentioned, this team might not be the best fit for him (even with that being the case, if he's that great than he should win the title with them). So if they keep this team together for the next couple of years and don't win it, now he's 30. And he'll only have a few prime years left. Some players are able to stretch out their prime years longer, but some players just all of a sudden fall off a cliff. So there is no telling how many more prime years the guy has. At some point it is going to be a question we hear all the time. So I'd say that he needs to win a title sooner than later.

I really thought that he should have gone to the Bulls. I can't remember exactly how that was going to fit, but I don't think the Bulls would have had to break up their team to get him. I also thought that he would have been a great fit on the Clippers, and that they had a young team to surround him. But he wasn't about to become a Clipper. This whole "super team" thing isn't as good as it sounds.

I still think he will, he'll need to adjust his game, but he's one of those super athletic players. I doubt his skills will abandon him, or that he wont be able to adjust.

I still think he shoulda been a Knick. They had good role players (Gallo/Chandler/etc), and a lot of money to build the team in his liking (boshmaybe tyson chandler eventually). Plus, all he had to do is win one championship and he woulda been the savior of NY basketball. Though he and wade are both great, and they are learning how to play with each other, they arent a great fit. The rest of that roster is pretty bare

LongDongJohnson
06-04-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm not a heat fan but a big lebron fan. My team didnt make the playoffs this year so im supporting the heat just like i did last year.

Id be worried if I was a heat fan. The Celtics outplayed the heat the last 3 games. Heat are lucky its not 3-1 right now. But I still got faith in them. I dont see them losing at home.

ohiobronco2
06-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm not a heat fan but a big lebron fan. My team didnt make the playoffs this year so im supporting the heat just like i did last year.

Id be worried if I was a heat fan. The Celtics outplayed the heat the last 3 games. Heat are lucky its not 3-1 right now. But I still got faith in them. I dont see them losing at home.

I will root for LeBron to fail at everything he does. He's a grade A douche bag. He had every right to leave Cleveland during FA, I won't argue that, but the way he left was total bullsh** (leaving the franchise in the dark about his long term plans-he knew where he was going-led the people of Cleveland on-let them have gatherings and parades begging him to stay) . He was a coward and tried to use the "charity" to lessen the public pressure. He's clearly one of the best players (top 3 for sure) in the league, but he's very unlikeable.

DBroncos4life
06-04-2012, 04:27 PM
I will root for LeBron to fail at everything he does. He's a grade A douche bag. He had every right to leave Cleveland during FA, I won't argue that, but the way he left was total bullsh** (leaving the franchise in the dark about his long term plans-he knew where he was going-led the people of Cleveland on-let them have gatherings and parades begging him to stay) . He was a coward and tried to use the "charity" to lessen the public pressure. He's clearly one of the best players (top 3 for sure) in the league, but he's very unlikeable.

This^ My wish is by the time he is a FA again the Cavs are on the way up, he is ringless and begging the Cavs to forgive him.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2012, 05:02 PM

So one poor choice makes him a "grade A douchebag" right.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Spurs don't deserve to win this game. They cant even dribble.

Rolandftw
06-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Major props to the Thunder. Playing a lot better then I expected, win or lose.

pricejj
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Come on OKC. :sunshine:

TDmvp
06-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Jeez I changed the chan. for a min and poof the Spurs are back in this.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Spurs have gone away from what theyve done on offense all year. 4 guards on the floor at once?? Horrendous turnovers that are unforced and lazy defense. Not to mention every open shot is a brick. This series is over and they need to blow up the team. Time for Blair bonner and Neal to pack ther bags. OKC is making every single uncontested shot and are exposing the spurs blatant deficiencies.

OKC will sweep anyone coming out the east. Mavens butthole is tightening up as we speak. Shaking in his knees and having Durant nightmares.

SoonerBronco
06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Major props to the Thunder. Playing a lot better then I expected, win or lose.

Looks like they have it figured out...thanks

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Looks like they have it figured out...thanks

If by making every single shot they huck up is figuring it out, then ya

bombay
06-04-2012, 09:05 PM
It's awesome to watch the birth of a young championship team. How their young stars play their hardest when it matters the most. This could be a great 5-6 year run as young as the key players are.

Jason in LA
06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
It's awesome to watch the birth of a young championship team. How their young stars play their hardest when it matters the most. This could be a great 5-6 year run as young as the key players are.

That's the thing I'm worried about with the Thunder. If they pull it off this year, which it looks like it is right there for them to take, they could go on a run and have the NBA on lockdown for the near future.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Sam Presti will find a way to keep them together, pissing Stern off cause it's not a money making city

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Hopefully OKC will tear Miami a new one.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Hopefully OKC will tear Miami a new one.

Mavens worst nightmare.

SoonerBronco
06-04-2012, 09:20 PM
If by making every single shot they huck up is figuring it out, then ya

They have great shooters. They played their game. Their athleticism has frustrated SA for the last three games. Closing it up on Wednesday in OKC.

SoonerBronco
06-04-2012, 09:22 PM
BTW, OKC has home court on either East team.

OBF1
06-04-2012, 09:24 PM
If OKC can stop Westbrook from taking bad shots when he is cold and just set up his team mates, OKC would be very hard to stop.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 09:26 PM
They have great shooters. They played their game. Their athleticism has frustrated SA for the last three games. Closing it up on Wednesday in OKC.

It's not so much the athleticism cause Westbrook is lookin bad. But it is the players that don't normally score making every single shot. Cook with 8 straight points? Ibaka making every baseline jumper? Nobody missing stand up jumpers? I didn't see much driving the lane(athleticism) as I did long jumpers. Seattle is playing great at the right time. While SA is missing wide open shots that they knock down getting to the finals. Their offense relies on green and leanords baseline 3 pointers. And they can't hit a barn.

KCStud
06-04-2012, 09:28 PM
The Spurs are done. I don't see any way they come into our house and win on Wednesday.

The NBA better get ready because the Thunder could be winning multiple championships in the future.
KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden are all 22 and 23 year old kids and the GM is fantastic at acquiring talent.

KD is the next big star in the NBA. The guy is the best player in the NBA.

ohiobronco2
06-04-2012, 09:36 PM

One poor choice? He's made several. His life since becoming the least liked player in the NBA is one comedy of errors. Cue the Benny Hill music.

ohiobronco2
06-04-2012, 09:38 PM
The Spurs are done. I don't see any way they come into our house and win on Wednesday.

The NBA better get ready because the Thunder could be winning multiple championships in the future.
KD, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden are all 22 and 23 year old kids and the GM is fantastic at acquiring talent.

KD is the next big star in the NBA. The guy is the best player in the NBA.

Durant is a stud and is easy to root for. OKC has a strong young nucleus and will be amazing for years to come. I feel bad for the hard core Sonic fans, they've been screwed. Like the Browns fans when the Ravens won the title.

SoonerBronco
06-04-2012, 09:40 PM
It's not so much the athleticism cause Westbrook is lookin bad. But it is the players that don't normally score making every single shot. Cook with 8 straight points? Ibaka making every baseline jumper? Nobody missing stand up jumpers? I didn't see much driving the lane(athleticism) as I did long jumpers. Seattle is playing great at the right time. While SA is missing wide open shots that they knock down getting to the finals. Their offense relies on green and leanords baseline 3 pointers. And they can't hit a barn.

It's been happening all season long. All Cook does is get hot and knock down 3's. Ibaka's 20 ft baseline jumper is money 90% of the time.

SA has been able to rotate and find uncontested 3's. But this series, they have had way less of those. I know it's hard for you to fathom, but the Thunder are the better team...period.

Seriously, you can stop with the Seattle Bull****.

TDmvp
06-04-2012, 09:41 PM

One poor choice? He's made several. His life since becoming the least liked player in the NBA is one comedy of errors. Cue the Benny Hill music.

Going to have to agree with OhioBronco , Lebron is easy to dislike and for many reasons.

Hell I can name not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 ect. ect. ect. reasons I'm not a Lebron fan Hilarious! .

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 09:44 PM
It's been happening all season long. All Cook does is get hot and knock down 3's. Ibaka's 20 ft baseline jumper is money 90% of the time.

SA has been able to rotate and find uncontested 3's. But this series, they have had way less of those. I know it's hard for you to fathom, but the Thunder are the better team...period.

Seriously, you can stop with the Seattle Bull****.

Looks like youre taking it personal bozo. They'll always be Seattles team. But you can pretend they built that team in the toilet bowl they call Oklahoma. Boom goes the hand across the face.

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Let's keep it relatively civil, fellas.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Let's keep it relatively civil, fellas.

Word. I can keep it classy. After all, I'm wearin a tie.

Cmac821
06-04-2012, 09:55 PM
KD does a good job covering his tattoos, really adds to his like-ability to the masses in my opinion

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2012, 10:16 PM

He might be a bit egotistical, but im not how he can't be? He's had a camera in his face since high school and has been hyped as the great one. He's never had trouble with the law, does his part with charity and what not, he's pretty even keel. So, he's egotistical. BFD. Michael Jordan was the KING of this, he still is, and probably had a **** ton more skeletons than lebron james (see gambling). Its just hate.

Anyway, on a basketball note, that thunder team is STACKED and they all work well with eachother. James Harden buying in as a third guy, when he could be a one on a lot of teams, is key. They have a lot of talent and play really well together. Presti is a great GM, but i have to wonder if there's enough money to go around for all these guys. haha i cant see how.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-04-2012, 10:18 PM
KD does a good job covering his tattoos, really adds to his like-ability to the masses in my opinion

He seems like a quiet guy who stays out of the spotlight. Its kind of weird how little attention he seems to get, maybe being in OKC has something to do with that, i dunno. Seems like a nice guy, friggin hell of a player...though def needs to improve on the defensive end. Oh, and he's pretty good on commercials. DOODLE JUMP.

SoonerBronco
06-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Looks like youre taking it personal bozo. They'll always be Seattles team. But you can pretend they built that team in the toilet bowl they call Oklahoma. Boom goes the hand across the face.

Opinions are like butts, everyone has them and the majority of them stink.

Drunk is an Internet tough guy. Calling me names...Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Opinions are like butts, everyone has them and the majority of them stink.

Drunk is an Internet tough guy. Calling me names...Hilarious!

Check out these huge muscles.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 09:06 AM

Sorry, I had to bring this one up again. It's just too funny. ;D

Interesting that this was his very last post.

NFLBRONCO
06-05-2012, 09:36 AM
I have nothing against Maven but, I don't get why he disappears after a 2 pt loss. It's 2 points esp a team he say's is so superior its only a loss not a series loss. I'd think after a day he'd be over it guess not.

Butterscotch Stallion
06-05-2012, 09:38 AM
I have nothing against Maven but, I don't get why he disappears after a 2 pt loss. It's 2 points esp a team he figures is so superior its only a loss not a series loss. I'd think after a day it would be over guess not.

Because he is a girl.

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Game 5 for the Heat/Celtics will be another defining moment type game for LeBron. The winner tonight probably wins this series. If the Heat win and the Celtics force a Game 7, Heat most likely win that. Home teams almost always win Game 7s. But if the Celtics win tonight, I don't think the Heat have balls to show up and win in Boston to force a Game 7.

The Heat, and more so LeBron, needs to win this game. LeBron can't perform like he did in Game 5 against Boston in 2010, when he didn't show up in the first half in a tied series. The Cavs lost that game and had no shot in Game 6 in Boston.

At some point LeBron needs to come out on top when it really matters, but I don't think he's done that since he led the Cavs past the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. That was like '05, when there was no pressure on him at all.

Dutch
06-05-2012, 09:58 AM

Not anymore, they aren't. The bottom line was that Howard Shultz (the prior owner, a Seattle native, and owner of Starbucks) tried for years to get the city of Seattle to meet him halfway and renovate the toilet bowl that Key Arena had become. The voters and city council shot it down year after year, so he sold the team. The voters of Seattle chose to let the team go with their vote. I feel bad for the fans that supported the team for 41 years, but the voters knew that this would be the likely outcome. These were the same people who shot down the building of a NASCAR track outside of Seattle because "we don't need that element coming to our area for a once a year race". My Aunt and Uncle have lived in the Seattle area for 35 years, and are unfortunately the type of folks who agreed with this mindset (they are still stunned that the Sonics left). I'm not a NASCAR fan myself (motorcycle racing and open wheel guy), but that decision from an economic standpoint was both arrogant and foolish. When they found out how much money NASCAR is bringing to the Phoenix area's local economy (where my folks live) every year, they were stunned. The whiny, Birkenstock wearing, social elitists of that town have made a string of decisions that have negatively impacted their economy and the "quality of life" that they purportedly care so much about. So you can quit calling them "Seattle's team". They wouldn't put their money where their mouth was, and they lost their team. End of story.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Stern hates the pacific northwest. End of story. Go supersonics.

KCStud
06-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Not anymore, they aren't. The bottom line was that Howard Shultz (the prior owner, a Seattle native, and owner of Starbucks) tried for years to get the city of Seattle to meet him halfway and renovate the toilet bowl that Key Arena had become. The voters and city council shot it down year after year, so he sold the team. The voters of Seattle chose to let the team go with their vote. I feel bad for the fans that supported the team for 41 years, but the voters knew that this would be the likely outcome. These were the same people who shot down the building of a NASCAR track outside of Seattle because "we don't need that element coming to our area for a once a year race". My Aunt and Uncle have lived in the Seattle area for 35 years, and are unfortunately the type of folks who agreed with this mindset (they are still stunned that the Sonics left). I'm not a NASCAR fan myself (motorcycle racing and open wheel guy), but that decision from an economic standpoint was both arrogant and foolish. When they found out how much money NASCAR is bringing to the Phoenix area's local economy (where my folks live) every year, they were stunned. The whiny, Birkenstock wearing, social elitists of that town have made a string of decisions that have negatively impacted their economy and the "quality of life" that they purportedly care so much about. So you can quit calling them "Seattle's team". They wouldn't put their money where their mouth was, and they lost their team. End of story.

Not only that, but OKC is home to Aubrey McClendon, the owner of Chesapeake and one of the richest people in the entire midwest. He's done a fantastic job of improving the Ford Center (now the Chesapeake Arena).

OKC has been such a great host to a team. The team is not only the elite in the league, the marketing for the team has been top notch. The term "Thunder Up" has become a national saying. OKC is a lot like the GB Packers (without the vast history). One of the smallest markets and a good team and front office.

I never understood why Seattle did so terribly at Key Arena? The Seahawks and Sounders have some of the best fanbase's in their leagues.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Not only that, but OKC is home to Aubrey McClendon, the owner of Chesapeake and one of the richest people in the entire midwest. He's done a fantastic job of improving the Ford Center (now the Chesapeake Arena).

OKC has been such a great host to a team. The team is not only the elite in the league, the marketing for the team has been top notch. The term "Thunder Up" has become a national saying. OKC is a lot like the GB Packers (without the vast history). One of the smallest markets and such a good team.

I never understood why Seattle did so terribly at Key Arena? The Seahawks and Sounders have some of the best fanbase's in their leagues.

It was bad marketing sticking a big screen on the streets where thugs kick it. Shots fired after a 1st round win? What's gonna happen if they win it all? Just cause the fans are newbies doesn't mean they should act like ones. Act like you been there.

bombay
06-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Game 5 for the Heat/Celtics will be another defining moment type game for LeBron. The winner tonight probably wins this series. If the Heat win and the Celtics force a Game 7, Heat most likely win that. Home teams almost always win Game 7s. But if the Celtics win tonight, I don't think the Heat have balls to show up and win in Boston to force a Game 7.

The Heat, and more so LeBron, needs to win this game. LeBron can't perform like he did in Game 5 against Boston in 2010, when he didn't show up in the first half in a tied series. The Cavs lost that game and had no shot in Game 6 in Boston.

At some point LeBron needs to come out on top when it really matters, but I don't think he's done that since he led the Cavs past the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. That was like '05, when there was no pressure on him at all.

Hater. If only Joe Bryant had raised him.

j/k

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2012, 11:02 AM

He was pretty great in last years playoffs (prior to the finals) if i recall. Though i agree with your statement. Big game for him.

Also, maybe its just me, but does he look really tired out there? He's logged a lot of minutes, and many of them have been spent banging down low. Because he actually plays defense, he expends a **** ton of energy, and generally the offense goes through him. The Heat dont have a choice, they need him to play every minute he can, but he's being run into the ground.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't see lebron taking the clutch shot if it comes down to one. Boston needs to show they can win on the road or Miami wins this series. They seem to go stale on the road. Winner of the series wins this game

KCStud
06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
It was bad marketing sticking a big screen on the streets where thugs kick it. Shots fired after a 1st round win? What's gonna happen if they win it all? Just cause the fans are newbies doesn't mean they should act like ones. Act like you been there.

Haha blaming 2 fans on the whole fanbase huh? Thunder Alley (another great idea) is still there. It just shuts down when the game starts. It was originally meant for kids and pre-game festivities.
And you're crazy if you think OKC has a ton of gangs.

And you're right. We are newbies to knocking on the door to a Finals series. Have the Nugg's ever gone that far?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Haha blaming 2 fans on the whole fanbase huh? Thunder Alley (another great idea) is still there. It just shuts down when the game starts. It was originally meant for kids and pre-game festivities.
And you're crazy if you think OKC has a ton of gangs.

And you're right. We are newbies to knocking on the door to a Finals series. Have the Nugg's ever gone that far?

How should I know? Im not a nuggets fan. I got nothing against the thunder winning except against the spurs. Sam Presti will ALWAYS will be considered a spur to SA. He took the spurs blueprints. Draft your superstar forward. Draft your superstar point guard. Draft your 6th man(who could start on all teams) so he can come off the bench. Surround your stars with adequate role players. Boom you got an elite team. Can't say that for the heat or celtics.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2012, 01:03 PM

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8011587/lebron-being-lebron

TonyR
06-05-2012, 01:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8011587/lebron-being-lebron

^ Just read that, was going to post. I generally dislike Reilly but he makes some good points.

In playoff games, LeBron has taken 13 final shots in tight games in regulation and hit five of them to win or tie. Kobe has taken twice that and hit only seven. Can we all just take a Xanax?

Besides, he passes so exquisitely. His passes are clairvoyant, leading teammates to places they didn't even know they were supposed to go. They're as soft and buttery as croissants. Why wouldn't you want him passing?

And why is the hoops world so hyper-critical of this one thing when he's so brilliant at every other part of the game? Defense? He's guarded every position on the Celtics -- the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. "He's guarded everybody but me," says Celtics coach Doc Rivers.

Only Rajon Rondo is even close in all-around brilliance this postseason. James is second in points, fourth in steals, 10th in assists, second in minutes. He leads his team in double-doubles and the league in double standards. Wade missed an open jumper to lose Game 4 in overtime -- how come he's not "scared?"

oubronco
06-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Good grief grow up

SoonerBronco
06-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Good grief grow up

Some of them never do.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Good grief grow up

Somewhere there's a girl named Lucy holding a football for you to kick.

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Just had a thought. If the Heat lose tonight, we might not see Maven until football season starts.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Just had a thought. If the Heat lose tonight, we might not see Maven until football season starts.

It's head might explode if they lose tonight. If they win expect about 5 consecutive posts around the time it's "safe" to.

OrangeSe7en
06-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Not that it significantly affects your point but I thought Shultz is from NYC.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 07:45 PM

He is. Brooklyn. Some people just pretend to be smart with long drawn out inaccurate posts.

OrangeSe7en
06-05-2012, 07:46 PM

OKC has been such a great host to a team. The team is not only the elite in the league, the marketing for the team has been top notch. The term "Thunder Up" has become a national saying. OKC is a lot like the GB Packers (without the vast history). One of the smallest markets and a good team and front office.

Your comparison to the Packers fans is laughable. The Packers supported the Packers before and when professional football had traction nationally. The NBA, as a league, has been well established. Not only that, but you might want to check out the size of a basketball arena vs a football stadium.

Seattle had 3 major sports franchises at the time. They once had 2 teams playing in the Kingdome. Then they gave both of those tenants their own stadiums. David Stern was pressuring them for a new arena around the same time these other venues had been built. Once upon a time, owners of sports teams built their own stadiums. Now they want new stadiums with extra revenue sources AND they expect taxpayers to build them. No one can really fault Seattle for not caving in to Sterns power play. What Stern did was disgusting. It's hard to call it anything else.

And another thing, I'd hold off on all the praise for the OKC fanbase. They're glad they have a major sports team. People can understand that. But that can also wear off. When Denver first got the Rockies, they had insane attendance also.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Your comparison to the Packers fans is laughable. The Packers supported the Packers before and when professional football had traction nationally. The NBA, as a league, has been well established. Not only that, but you might want to check out the size of a basketball arena vs a football stadium.

Seattle had 3 major sports franchises at the time. They once had 2 teams playing in the Kingdome. Then they gave both of those tenants their own stadiums. David Stern was pressuring them for a new arena around the same time these other venues had been built. Once upon a time, owners of sports teams built their own stadiums. Now they want new stadiums with extra revenue sources AND they expect taxpayers to build them. No one can really fault Seattle for not caving in to Sterns power play. What Stern did was disgusting. It's hard to call it anything else.

And another thing, I'd hold off on all the praise for the OKC fanbase. They're glad they have a major sports team. People can understand that. But that can also wear off. When Denver first got the Rockies, they had insane attendance also.

Great post. Not sure why he used a football reference. I guess he couldn't use the spurs as an example. Years of success and support in one of the smallest markets in the NBA. Hard to give OKC that label after 4 or so years of existence. Wait until the wins are few and far in between and see how supportive they are. But as long as Sam Presti running the show they will be in great shape.

KCStud
06-05-2012, 08:11 PM

It's going to be a long time before we will ever see that because KD will most likely retire in OKC. Add that our GM is fantastic at evaluating and bringing in talent.

This team is going to be the playoffs nearly every year for the next decade (unless something serious happens to our players).

But I too wonder if the fanbase would be as exciting if the team wasn't a playoff team.

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 08:12 PM
This game is awesome! Pierce just busted a 3 in LeBron's face. Wade is playing his heart out. Both teams are slugging it out.

One thing I've noticed, there is less than a minute to play, an I don't think LeBron has scored since about the 7:30 mark. He hasn't looked to score much since he hit that 3 and then a lay up. Wade has rbeen the focal point of the offense for the most part.

bombay
06-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Looks like the hand picked team of superstars is going to lose to a fading Boston team with superstar Rondo. I've got to laugh. Not 6, not 7, not any. lol.

James will be in year 10 if they don't pull this one out before he has a chance to win a championship.

Sometimes, Lebron, it's a good idea to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 08:15 PM
How about the blatant charge by wade called as a blocking foul.

OrangeSe7en
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
How about the blatant charge by wade called as a blocking foul.

Yeah, I was just explaining to someone that even if you're not at your spot, if the offensive player recklessly lowers his shoulder, then it can still be called a charge.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Maven.

Ha!

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 08:23 PM

;D

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Big game for the celtics. I'm impressed they got this huge win on the road.

TDmvp
06-05-2012, 08:24 PM
http://www.fdynamo1986.com/bumpup/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/celtics-logo.gif

Wow ...

bombay
06-05-2012, 08:25 PM
haha. Ballgame, and most likely series. Is is better if your best players are in their 3rd or 4th year, or 9th or 10th year? One thing is sure: if Miami doesn't rally and win the title, Riley will break this mess up. hahahahahaha.

Of course, the other great experiment is still going on with the Knicks, and it looks very promising.

gunns
06-05-2012, 08:26 PM
http://www.fdynamo1986.com/bumpup/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/celtics-logo.gif

Wow ...

Oh HELL YES!!!!! I truly am in shock.

RhymesayersDU
06-05-2012, 08:27 PM
It does?

SoCalBronco
06-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Maven?

Punisher
06-05-2012, 08:28 PM
That was COLDDDDD BLOODED

ohiobronco2
Damn the Celtics are just the superior team. I don't know what else to say. They have even had to overcome the poor officiating in this series, officiating which has clearly favored the Heat. Honestly, I wish to change my allegiance to the Celtics. Go Rondo, Go Pierce, Go Garnett, and Go Allen. The Heat are gay (NTTIAWWT)

Kudos for owning up to it. :thumbs:;D

myMind
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

bombay
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Man. Talk about no mental toughness. Miami completely lacks it.

Dutch
06-05-2012, 08:31 PM

My bad, he is. Doesn't change Drunk's status as a Dbag and Seattle's loss is still their own fault.

Hell of a win by the Celtics tonight........

Dr. Broncenstein
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Too bad Lebron isn't going to be around to get spanked in the finals by the real MVP.

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Okay, LeBron is a farce and this game proves it.

He scored 30 points and 12 of them in the most important period, the 4th. So not his fault right? He filled up the stats sheets as usual, and he scored a good amount of points in the 4th and decided quarter.

But really look at that 4th period. He scored 10 points by the 8:10 mark of the period. For the next 8 minutes he went scoreless. And he got that final layup with :09 left on the clock because Boston pretty much let him have it because they didn't want to foul and give up a 3 point play.

Wade kept them in the game over the last 8 minutes of the game while LeBron was not aggressive.

People need to stop looking at LeBron's stats and really look at what he does. When the game mattered the most, in the second half of the 4th period in a close game, LeBron was nowhere to be found. But he finished with 30 points and 12 in the 4th.

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Kudos for owning up to it. :thumbs:;D

lol. You actually had me on that one for a second. I was about to start looking for that comment.

bronco militia
06-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Labron has no clue what to do in crunch time

Jason in LA
06-05-2012, 08:43 PM
haha. Ballgame, and most likely series. Is is better if your best players are in their 3rd or 4th year, or 9th or 10th year? One thing is sure: if Miami doesn't rally and win the title, Riley will break this mess up. hahahahahaha.

Of course, the other great experiment is still going on with the Knicks, and it looks very promising.

Interesting that when this big 3 landed in Miami, there was talk about other super stars teaming up to form other super teams. Chris Paul was supposed to find his way to the Knicks to form a super team there. Howard and D Williams are supposed to land in Dallas to form a super team with Dirk.

This Heat experiment might make GMs think twice about loading up a team with 2 or 3 stars with no supporting cast. Too many stars means no cap space for good role players.

And it will be interesting to see how many years that the Thunder can keep this team together. Because these guys are so young, they are pretty cheap.

Kid A
06-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Good job, good effort!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H7io6gs5A7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OrangeSe7en
06-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Interesting that when this big 3 landed in Miami, there was talk about other super stars teaming up to form other super teams. Chris Paul was supposed to find his way to the Knicks to form a super team there. Howard and D Williams are supposed to land in Dallas to form a super team with Dirk.

This Heat experiment might make GMs think twice about loading up a team with 2 or 3 stars with no supporting cast. Too many stars means no cap space for good role players.

And it will be interesting to see how many years that the Thunder can keep this team together. Because these guys are so young, they are pretty cheap.

Whats interesting is that the big 3 in Miami might be broken up before, or at the same time as, the big 3 in Boston.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
My bad, he is. Doesn't change Drunk's status as a Dbag and Seattle's loss is still their own fault.

Hell of a win by the Celtics tonight........

Dbag. I've been called a lot worse. I sense a bit of flirtation coming from you. Sorry hoss I don't fly that way.

RhymesayersDU
06-05-2012, 08:58 PM
The concept of the "Big 3" is interesting. I still think it can be done, but it's becoming clear it can't be just any 3. You need the right positions, skill sets, and personalities.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 09:10 PM
The big 3 phenomenon is pushed by the media IMO. In the end the role players are the ones needed to win it all. Bostons big 3(or 4 depending on rondo) needed peitrus to hit those clutch 3s. Not sure what the Mavs big 3 was. Lakers big 3 didn't have too much help, but fisher was clutch for them. Spurs big 3 needed role players like horry and Bowen. And so on so on. They will stress OKCs big 3, but their role players are key in winning too. Heat have a big 3 and that's it. Like they think back on that stage (lebrons 6,7,8 speech) that's all they needed. Takes more than 3 stars to win a ring.

bombay
06-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Is it my imagination, or does maven have company.