PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

24champ
05-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm sure it wasn't difficult to become a Lakers fan in the 80's.

It was a tough time during the 90s with the Lakers, Magic had HIV and everything pretty much crashed and burned from there. It wasn't until 96' when Shaq arrived that everything turned around but that wasn't enough because the Sonics, Spurs, Jazz pretty much dominated that era.

TonyR
05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Explain this for me, then, Tony. He didn't mean what he typed?

I'll let him explain, but my assumption is that he meant that LeBron has more ability than Magic and can do things that Magic couldn't do. LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster and at his best is just an absolute force of nature. The problem is he hasn't been at his best enough, hasn't been consistent enough, and too often hasn't gotten it done when the lights were shining the brightest. Thus he hasn't accomplished what Magic did and probably never will.

TonyR
05-22-2012, 11:43 AM
OKC is starting to hit their stride again and I don't know if anyone stands a chance. I think the youth is going to kill the Spurs like it did LA. It would be so awesome if the Pacers finished the Heat, the heat look close to melting down.

Re OKC/Spurs I think the Spurs present a lot more problems than the Lakers did.

Re Heat/Pacers the problem the Heat have is that w/o Bosh LeBron and Wade have to stand on their heads every game to win. Will be difficult for them to do that.

bombay
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
I'll let him explain, but my assumption is that he meant that LeBron has more ability than Magic and can do things that Magic couldn't do. LeBron is bigger, stronger, and faster and at his best is just an absolute force of nature. The problem is he hasn't been at his best enough, hasn't been consistent enough, and too often hasn't gotten it done when the lights were shining the brightest. Thus he hasn't accomplished what Magic did and probably never will.

I'll give you stronger. Magic was taller but not as thick. Magic was faster with the ball in his hands, which is what matters. As far as more ability, I don't think so. Maybe better pure physical ability but Magic played the game at a higher level. Lebron is certainly the better outside shooter, although Magic got better later in his career. I know for sure which one I'd take if I were building a team.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 12:22 PM
It was a tough time during the 90s with the Lakers, Magic had HIV and everything pretty much crashed and burned from there. It wasn't until 96' when Shaq arrived that everything turned around but that wasn't enough because the Sonics, Spurs, Jazz pretty much dominated that era.

I suppose that means that the Lakers weren't relevant for about half a decade. That's a pretty short period of time for a big market team like them to not make an impact. Honestly, I wasn't really watching basketball during those years while I was getting my career off the ground so I can't speak intelligently about those teams. Shaq has always rubbed me the wrong way though. It would have been so much cooler if a man of such immense physical talent wasn't so self aware and promoting about that fact. I mean how tough can it be to be that big and be that successful in basketball? I think his greatest defining factor regarding his character towards basketball is that he didn't ever think he needed to make a free throw. I could teach a monkey to have a better average than he did. The man didn't need to work that hard to be what he was; an effective big man with the character of a sloth.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 12:25 PM

I think the bottom line is that LeBron isn't nearly as bright as Magic is, in basketball or anything else. I doesn't matter if he is more talented, he'll never be a Magic because he's just not capable.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-22-2012, 12:26 PM
OKC is starting to hit their stride again and I don't know if anyone stands a chance. I think the youth is going to kill the Spurs like it did LA. It would be so awesome if the Pacers finished the Heat, the heat look close to melting down.

You do realize the spurs big 3 have played a TON less minutes this year than the lakers big 3? You also realize that most of the spurs team is under 30?

bombay
05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
You do realize the spurs big 3 have played a TON less minutes this year than the lakers big 3? You also realize that most of the spurs team is under 30?

Spurs will also have 6 days off before WCF start. The advantage of being younger is kind of neutralized by all of the downtime in the playoffs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-22-2012, 04:17 PM
Spurs will also have 6 days off before WCF start. The advantage of being younger is kind of neutralized by all of the downtime in the playoffs.

Since the lakers couldn't take it back to LA, OKC should have a bit of time off too. Sunday night is game 1 so both teams will be ready to go. Gonna be crazy. Regular season doesn't mean much, but spurs got them 2-1. One game they were up like 30 points. Both wins Parker played great. The loss he played terrible.

This series is going to come down to Parker. If he's slumping Leanord and green need to pick up the slack with timely 3 pointers. Something they've done all year.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 04:25 PM
Since the lakers couldn't take it back to LA, OKC should have a bit of time off too. Sunday night is game 1 so both teams will be ready to go. Gonna be crazy. Regular season doesn't mean much, but spurs got them 2-1. One game they were up like 30 points. Both wins Parker played great. The loss he played terrible.

This series is going to come down to Parker. If he's slumping Leanord and green need to pick up the slack with timely 3 pointers. Something they've done all year.

I think this series will go to 7 and OKC will win out due to youth and energy. Whiny-ass Duncan and flopp'n Ginoblii can't take that crew for 7 straight. Book it.

swaiy
05-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I think the bottom line is that LeBron isn't nearly as bright as Magic is, in basketball or anything else. I doesn't matter if he is more talented, he'll never be a Magic because he's just not capable.

Why can't Lebron just be himself?

canadianbroncosfan
05-22-2012, 05:00 PM
I think this series will go to 7 and OKC will win out due to youth and energy. Whiny-ass Duncan and flopp'n Ginoblii can't take that crew for 7 straight. Book it.

Can't take them for seven? They'll be lucky to get a Game 5

SonOfLe-loLang
05-22-2012, 05:17 PM

haha should we start talking about how LeBron James is underrated? Jeez. Lebron's basketball IQ is insane. He's proven he can play all 5 positions (though he needs to work on his low post game...and foul shooting), is one of the top scorers in the game, the best all around player in the game, and the best perimeter defender in the game.

Hes terrible.

TonyR
05-22-2012, 05:42 PM
haha should we start talking about how LeBron James is underrated? Jeez. Lebron's basketball IQ is insane. He's proven he can play all 5 positions (though he needs to work on his low post game...and foul shooting), is one of the top scorers in the game, the best all around player in the game, and the best perimeter defender in the game.

Hes terrible.

Yup. One of the highest PER's of all time as well. If he'd just work on his low post game, as you mentioned, there would be no stopping him.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 06:01 PM

I never said he couldn't. I believe that reference was to another element of the conversation. If not, I don't disagree with you. He's a great player but he's not MJ or Magic by epic comparison, yet.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 06:06 PM

Hes terrible.

I never suggested he was terrible. He's a great player but he's not Magic or MJ-esq, yet. The basketball IQ I'm referencing is his ability around leadership. He doesn't seem to have it and he can't close out games. I believe one feeds off of the other. Both Magic and MJ had their teams on their shoulders, and wanted them there. LeBron is mediocre in that capacity, IMO.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-22-2012, 06:42 PM
I never suggested he was terrible. He's a great player but he's not Magic or MJ-esq, yet. The basketball IQ I'm referencing is his ability around leadership. He doesn't seem to have it and he can't close out games. I believe one feeds off of the other. Both Magic and MJ had their teams on their shoulders, and wanted them there. LeBron is mediocre in that capacity, IMO.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. He dragged some dog**** cleveland teams pretty far in the playoffs year after year. He's not a ballhog, never has been, always seems to find the open man. He will defer to open guys in big moments, but its not like he's NEVER hit big shots. He's not jordan, doesn't play like jordan, but i think magic is a fair comparison.

swaiy
05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm hoping for a Thunder VS. Heat championship.

I want to see Lebron get a ring and Wade win another. I guess I'd fit into the "bandwagon" fan category. I was a fan of Lebron when he was at Cleveland and I was a fan of Wade during that same time. That only makes it easier to have a team to root for heh.

I've become more of a fan of the game than I have ever been recently. I like the gamesmanship of basketball. The meta-game is crazy.

Anyway...

Go Heat!

and OKC ahaha

oubronco
05-22-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm hoping OKC http://missdimplez.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/will-smith-slaps-reporter.gif (http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=10573&id=dmqiw58aghek57m4ujri93558p12i&id2=28xcxslw9cds55h9b4lms327x1o00&subscriber_id=bxjxvysfpjynctexhjvxdpwyxibubae&delivery_id=ajfabnbhqagpaemtybwuyykvdlucblg&tid=3.KU0.BZh5QQ.Ckaf.M4bR..VRr9.b..l.ApuA.a.T7rhl g.T7rhlg.zS09Dg) the Spurs and wins it all

maven
05-22-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm hoping for a Thunder VS. Heat championship.

I want to see Lebron get a ring and Wade win another. I guess I'd fit into the "bandwagon" fan category. I was a fan of Lebron when he was at Cleveland and I was a fan of Wade during that same time. That only makes it easier to have a team to root for heh.

I've become more of a fan of the game than I have ever been recently. I like the gamesmanship of basketball. The meta-game is crazy.

Anyway...

Go Heat!

and OKC ahaha

I like this guy. He knows whats up.

:strong:

kikin the **** out of the Pacers.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 08:50 PM
We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. He dragged some dog**** cleveland teams pretty far in the playoffs year after year. He's not a ballhog, never has been, always seems to find the open man. He will defer to open guys in big moments, but its not like he's NEVER hit big shots. He's not jordan, doesn't play like jordan, but i think magic is a fair comparison.

Fair enough. I like the guy. He's fun to watch and certainly a talented dude. He just doesn't strike me as a solid leader. I met MJ and Magic a couple of times. One of my close buddies was the son of the lead attorney for the olympic training center in Colorado Springs, when the Dream Team was training. We were allowed to ride in the bus with them from the Springs to McNichols. Magic was charisma in silence and MJ was the biggest **** talker I've ever seen. I think he had 7 running bets before we got to Denver but he had everyone's attention and had challenged them positively. Magic just smiled and said, "My bets pay off on the court.". There was a wave of "OOO's and What, Whats' and Michael said, "You'll still owe me 50 dollars."

DBroncos4life
05-22-2012, 08:51 PM
Pittman's post season should be over. That is two Heat players that should be gone for next game.

maven
05-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Pittman's post season should be over. That is two Heat players that should be gone for next game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96085/pics/basketball/stern.gif

It's okay, he's on the payroll.

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
So.... Dwight Howard's in the news these days

DBroncos4life
05-22-2012, 08:55 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/96085/pics/basketball/stern.gif

It's okay, he's on the payroll.

Well as long as you are OK with needing the Commish to get to the next round. :giggle:

maven
05-22-2012, 08:59 PM
Well as long as you are OK with needing the Commish to get to the next round. :giggle:

Nah, just dominating the Pacers. They have no answers. Keep getting dat treatment Bosh.

OrangeCrush2724
05-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Nah, just dominating the Pacers. They have no answers. Keep getting dat treatment Bosh.

That defense has been looking good. Good win, next one will be harder in Indy. Hope we can close out Thursday and Boston series goes 7.

maven
05-22-2012, 09:27 PM
That defense has been looking good. Good win, next one will be harder in Indy. Hope we can close out Thursday and Boston series goes 7.

The Miami Heat are in their heads. It's over.

maven
05-22-2012, 09:28 PM
And to add yes lets go Philly tomorrow night. I'd like to see it go 7.

DENVERDUI55
05-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Something tells me Maven will show up tonight............

maven
05-22-2012, 09:55 PM

Man what a game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OrangeCrush2724
05-22-2012, 10:06 PM

With the way the Heat dominated, I wouldn't be surprised if Maven's kids are on here to post.

bombay
05-22-2012, 10:08 PM
If miami beats the pacers it's a big deal? Because the have no shot against the spurs or OKC. Oh yeah, they have to get past Boston first.

Flex Gunmetal
05-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Man what a game tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey why don't you gloat like you're on the team when you win, and disappear like a little btch when you lose?
Oh wait...

bombay
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM

He can and is. Nine years in, and he is who he is.

DENVERDUI55
05-22-2012, 10:16 PM
With the way the Heat dominated, I wouldn't be surprised if Maven's kids are on here to post.

Both of the spineless heat fans show up on wins and dissappear after losses.

TDmvp
05-22-2012, 10:17 PM
The Pacers looked like a young team a couple a years away the last 2 games.
They really need another scorer in the worst way if some of their young guys don't develop.
When James and Wade are firing on all cylinders it is just to much for them at this point when the Pacers don't get unexpected points from role players/non typical scoring threats.

maven
05-22-2012, 10:17 PM

Tonight's game feels good man. Feels good.

:yayaya:

maven
05-22-2012, 10:19 PM
They really need another scorer in the worst way if some of their young guys don't develop.
When James and Wade are firing on all cylinders it is just to much for them at this point when the Pacers don't get unexpected points from role players/non typical scoring threats.

****ing dominated them. The Heat got in their heads. And the Pacers don't know wtf to do.

TDmvp
05-22-2012, 10:28 PM
****ing dominated them. The Heat got in their heads. And the Pacers don't know wtf to do.

I almost think the Pacers got in their own heads LOL .....

Trying to play the bully or tough young guys vs a team that has more talent then them instead of playing their game and relying on what got them there.

Which would give them a way better shot vs the Heat.

I didn't expect them to beat the Heat before series because of how young they was and not having a "star" , but they did prove if they play their best game they could beat about anyone... But night in and night out that's just hard to rely on without a guy who can get his own shot and create...

And Go Celtics btw... Be great if they could somehow get another ring before they maybe break them up.

http://www.wggb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Celtics-Logo3.jpg

bombay
05-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Lord knows the knicks scored by getting carmelo anthony. I think you have to question anyone who thinks he's championship material.

Flex Gunmetal
05-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Tonight's game feels good man. Feels good.

:yayaya:

Hey why don't you gloat like you're on the team when you win, and disappear like a little btch when you lose?
Oh wait....

Flex Gunmetal
05-22-2012, 10:55 PM

Oh wait...

Jason in LA
05-22-2012, 11:11 PM
I like this guy. He knows whats up.

I'm sure you do. You seem to swing that way.

Jason in LA
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Well it looks like the Pacers got a lot of us wanting to see the Heat lose all excited for nothing. We'll see what happens in Game 6, but I wouldn't be shocked if they're done.

Rolandftw
05-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Maven's such a crappy frontrunner. Show up when the team loses, and he wouldn't be seen as such a joke.

San Antonio is absolutely going to run over Miami.

maven
05-22-2012, 11:24 PM
San Antonio is absolutely going to run over Miami.

The Spurs have to get past the Thunder.

Miami still has to beat the Pacers and who knows who they will play next. Heat are gonna have to dig down to close out this tough series.

DBroncos4life
05-22-2012, 11:28 PM
The Spurs have to get past the Thunder.

Miami still has to beat the Pacers and who knows who they will play next. Heat are gonna have to dig down to close out this tough series.

Maybe you should dig down, find a spine and post when the Heat lose. Hilarious!

Jason in LA
05-22-2012, 11:28 PM
You know Maven, there were two lines to Rolandftw's post.

Rolandftw
05-22-2012, 11:47 PM
Nobody is beating San Antonio, barring injury. OKC is a good, young team but there ride ends in the WCF's. It'll be the Heat vs Spurs most likely.. complete polar opposites.

KCStud
05-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Nobody is beating San Antonio, barring injury. OKC is a good, young team but there ride ends in the WCF's. It'll be the Heat vs Spurs most likely.. complete polar opposites.

I don't think that the Spurs are just going to run over OKC. OKC has a good young team and they're determined.

Spurs are old and OKC is ready to run up and down the court. Can the Spurs keep up?

cutthemdown
05-23-2012, 02:06 AM
Go KINGS!

OrangeCrush2724
05-23-2012, 02:51 AM
Both of the spineless heat fans show up on wins and dissappear after losses.

Wait, are you calling me out? Go back and check after the loses and you will see I'm there. So if you are going to talk Shyt, make sure it's true...

OrangeCrush2724
05-23-2012, 02:55 AM
I don't think that the Spurs are just going to run over OKC. OKC has a good young team and they're determined.

Spurs are old and OKC is ready to run up and down the court. Can the Spurs keep up?

Yeah it's going to be a tough match up for both teams. OKC just has glaring talent all across the board. And Spurs are ten deep, play excellent team ball, exploit weakness well, and are well coached.

OrangeCrush2724
05-23-2012, 03:01 AM
Well it looks like the Pacers got a lot of us wanting to see the Heat lose all excited for nothing. We'll see what happens in Game 6, but I wouldn't be shocked if they're done.

Although being dominated like that late in the series can let the air out, they are a well coached team, Play good defense, and play great as a team; there lack of a #1 scorer hurts them, when the team is in a funk. I still expect this to go 7.

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 09:15 AM
"(We) definitely underachieved," World Peace said. "We were the best team in the NBA and lost in five (games). The best team in the NBA should be up 3-2 and playing tomorrow....

"I like this team," World Peace said. "You look at the team, you all saw some of the amazing things we did. OKC, we had those guys beat fairly easy. Fairly easy we had those guys beat."

Added World Peace: "We had them beat. Stunned. So stunned. It's stunning."

__________________________________________________ _______________

Talk about delusions of grandeur. OKC had the better regular season record overall, had the better regular season head to head record, just beat them 4games to 1.....yet the Lakers are not only better, but they're the best team in the NBA? Wow.

RhymesayersDU
05-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Ron Artest is magnificent.

bombay
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
The Pacers/miami game didn't get a mention in the sports page of the Denver Post this morning. Wow.

OrangeCrush2724
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM

They have gone away from what the weakpoint in the heat is: the lack of big men. The two games they won, they were just beating the Heat in the paint with their size.

TonyR
05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
The Pacers/miami game didn't get a mention in the sports page of the Denver Post this morning. Wow.

Is that guy delany the editor of the DP Sports page by any chance?

The Pacers DESERVE where they are in the series. They are playing better TEAM basketball. They are playing like something is at stake ...which it is. They have more balanced shooting from their starters. They aren't shooting 5 out of 42 from the arc in the series. They are out-rebounding the Heat. They simply want it more.

ROFL!

TonyR
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM
They have gone away from what the weakpoint in the heat is: the lack of big men. The two games they won, they were just beating the Heat in the paint with their size.

When LeBron and Wade settle for jumpers the Heat are very beatable. When they take the ball to the hole they are really tough to beat. I think they've done more of the latter in the last two games.

Rolandftw
05-23-2012, 04:15 PM

OKC's ability to run is predicated upon them forcing turnovers, and the Spurs are one of the more veteran savvy teams in the NBA. San Antonio had the 3rd fewest turnovers, where as OKC had the most in the regular season. It's just a terrible combination.

From individual matchups, the only position where I feel OKC has an advantage is with Durant. Yeah, if he goes HAM on the rookie, Leonard, OKC has a good shot. I don't see that happening 4 out of 7 times tho, and definitely don't see any advantages anywhere else. Everywhere else, from coaching to guard play to front court to bench I feel is an advantage to San Antonio (with the possible exception of Westbrook vs Parker being a draw.. although Id still give the edge to Parker).

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 04:32 PM

How are the spurs old? Just cause one guy is? Duncan looks better than most younger players in the league right now. That old arguement goes out the window last year. Too many young kids on their team for them to be labeled old. When you play 20 some minutes a game old is no excuse.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 04:35 PM
For spurs to win green leonard and ginobilis 3 pointers have to go in. Theyve been making them all year. When they don't go in, they lose.

OrangeCrush2724
05-23-2012, 04:38 PM
NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James was the leading vote-getter for the league's all-defensive squad Wednesday, while Defensive Player of the Year Tyson Chandler didn't even crack the first team.

Confused? So were plenty of others -- even a Harvard graduate.

Jeremy Lin, Chandler's teammate in New York, took to Twitter to ask for an explanation of how that was possible.

The answer is because the voting is done by different parties. A media panel voted for Defensive Player of the Year, while the all-defensive team vote was conducted by the league's 30 head coaches, who voted for a first and second team by position and were not allowed to pick their own players...

James totaled 53 points, including 24 first-team votes. He averaged 1.9 steals and 7.9 rebounds as Miami ranked fourth in the league in opponent scoring.

---

I like how Lebron being clutch (which is another whole different discussion) is only factored offensively. Shouldn't him taking the best player out on the other team with seconds to go, or within the last 5 minutes to go, and completely shuting him down, not considered "clutch?"

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
The NBA suspends two heat thugs. Haslem 1 game and the scrub a couple games.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Lossing Haslem with Bosh being hurt is a big deal.

maven
05-23-2012, 08:46 PM
NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James was the leading vote-getter for the league's all-defensive squad Wednesday, while Defensive Player of the Year Tyson Chandler didn't even crack the first team.

Confused? So were plenty of others -- even a Harvard graduate.

Jeremy Lin, Chandler's teammate in New York, took to Twitter to ask for an explanation of how that was possible.

The answer is because the voting is done by different parties. A media panel voted for Defensive Player of the Year, while the all-defensive team vote was conducted by the league's 30 head coaches, who voted for a first and second team by position and were not allowed to pick their own players...

James totaled 53 points, including 24 first-team votes. He averaged 1.9 steals and 7.9 rebounds as Miami ranked fourth in the league in opponent scoring.

---

I like how Lebron being clutch (which is another whole different discussion) is only factored offensively. Shouldn't him taking the best player out on the other team with seconds to go, or within the last 5 minutes to go, and completely shuting him down, not considered "clutch?"

Congrats to King James!!!!!!!

Best player in the world!

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

maven
05-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Great game Philly! Way to show some heart and tie the series up!

maven
05-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Lossing Haslem with Bosh being hurt is a big deal.

The Heat are going to have to dig down, claw their way, and hopefully attain that W. Going to be a heck of a game in Indiana. Their crowd will be rocking. Gonna have to fight for every point.

maven
05-23-2012, 08:49 PM
The NBA suspends two heat thugs. Haslem 1 game and the scrub a couple games.

Haslem a thug? First I ever heard of that label. His suspension was bull****.

Rolandftw
05-23-2012, 08:54 PM
How was Kobe's flagrant 1 on Faried different then what Haslem did? Once again, the league shows there is a different standard for stars then everyone else

RhymesayersDU
05-23-2012, 09:13 PM
How was Kobe's flagrant 1 on Faried different then what Haslem did? Once again, the league shows there is a different standard for stars then everyone else

LOL no.

DENVERDUI55
05-23-2012, 09:20 PM
The real question about the heat are how long will Maven disappear for once they lose?

bombay
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
It is inconsequential who comes out of the east. Really, who can watch that ****? The Denver Post was correct in not reporting on yesterday's game at all. I can't recall if it was boston/indiana or miami/whoever else is still playing.

It is not at all surprising that the Nuggets were 14-2 against that pack of bozos, with the losses coming to cleveland and toronto as a result of not responding to their wake up call. Why bother.

Rolandftw
05-23-2012, 11:54 PM
LOL no.

You don't think the league has a goal in mind to protect its stars? I do. It was a flagrant 2 at the best, if an average joe makes it.

hambone13
05-24-2012, 04:25 AM
LOL no.

How about given some insight as to how you think the fouls are different? They appear very similar to me.

TonyR
05-24-2012, 07:13 AM
It is inconsequential who comes out of the east. Really, who can watch that ****? The Denver Post was correct in not reporting on yesterday's game at all. I can't recall if it was boston/indiana or miami/whoever else is still playing.

I think if Miami had Bosh they'd have a shot against San Antonio (or whoever comes out of the west). But they won't, so they probably don't.

Jason in LA
05-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Has there been any update on Bosh? Has he been ruled out for the entire playoffs, or is there a chance of him coming back at some point?

ohiobronco2
05-24-2012, 08:31 AM
Has there been any update on Bosh? Has he been ruled out for the entire playoffs, or is there a chance of him coming back at some point?

I think I heard on the radio the other day that he "might" be back for the finals, if the heat make it.

RhymesayersDU
05-24-2012, 09:13 AM
You don't think the league has a goal in mind to protect its stars? I do. It was a flagrant 2 at the best, if an average joe makes it.

How about given some insight as to how you think the fouls are different? They appear very similar to me.

Guys, the Kobe foul was hard but it was a play on the ball. It was appropriately called a flagrant 1. Hard foul no doubt, but nothing malicious IMO and in a series that was hard faught but never really in danger of getting out of control. There weren't any stoppages of play, no near fights, etc. Remember, context matters.

Conversely, Haslem barely made any play on the ball at all. He straight went for Hansbrough's face. The second guy stuck his elbow in the Pacers' face, which is extremely dangerous. PLUS, you have this in a series which is borderline getting out of control. Again, context matters. These guys have had to be separated on numerous occasions already.

Sorry, you guys are really reaching on this one. Kobe's foul was a hard one but not malicious. Go to ESPN and watch the replay. Not the same thing IMO.

Jason in LA
05-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I think I heard on the radio the other day that he "might" be back for the finals, if the heat make it.

At this point I'd say that the Heat will make the Finals. Chances of them winning it aren't good though.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2012, 09:55 AM
At this point I'd say that the Heat will make the Finals.

Child, please.... :)

SonOfLe-loLang
05-24-2012, 10:11 AM
At this point I'd say that the Heat will make the Finals. Chances of them winning it aren't good though.

Even if Bosh can come back, how useful can he be? If he was full strength, they will be a tough out for anyone as long as they continue to run the entire offense through Lebron.

Jason in LA
05-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Child, please.... :)

If the Celtics weren't in Game 7 against an 8th seed than I'd give them a chance.

Oh wait, in '08 they were in Game 7 in the first round against an 8 seed and they went on to win the NBA Finals. Dang, I just proved myself wrong. That's skills! ;D

Jason in LA
05-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Even if Bosh can come back, how useful can he be? If he was full strength, they will be a tough out for anyone as long as they continue to run the entire offense through Lebron.

For the full 48 minutes, right?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;D

TonyR
05-24-2012, 11:47 AM
...The Heat played this perfectly: They made Stephenson pay for that choke sign to James in Game 2 and showed the Pacers and everyone else standing between Miami and a championship that they’ll defend their star. And they did it with Pittman, a player the Heat could afford to take a suspension without costing the team. What’s more, Miami has re-dictated terms of this Eastern conference semifinals. The Heat lead 3-2, and they may have the Pacers thinking more about retaliation in Game 6 than playing well enough to win.

Perhaps Pittman decided to deliver that devastating shot to Stephenson, but a source close to Pittman insisted it simply wouldn’t be in Pittman's DNA to execute that plan on his own. Howard had been on the trail of Stephenson throughout the weekend, calling him out near the Pacers' locker room on Saturday and confronting him on the floor before Sunday's game.

I was standing courtside when Howard approached Stephenson before Game 4. Howard was angry, barking at Stephenson, telling him he better learn to shut his mouth. Stephenson had that uneasy smile, trying to play it cool, but he was clearly unnerved about the possibility that Howard had come over to fight him. Stephenson is useless to the Pacers, but the rest of the roster watched and listened to Howard come calling for him. This was no accident. Howard’s a pro, and he seemed determined to impact this series without ever having to play a meaningful minute...

Read the whole thing here: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--dexter-pittman-abides-by-pat-riley-s-heat-code-by-cracking-lance-stephenson-20120523.html

Rolandftw
05-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Guys, the Kobe foul was hard but it was a play on the ball. It was appropriately called a flagrant 1. Hard foul no doubt, but nothing malicious IMO and in a series that was hard faught but never really in danger of getting out of control. There weren't any stoppages of play, no near fights, etc. Remember, context matters.

Conversely, Haslem barely made any play on the ball at all. He straight went for Hansbrough's face. The second guy stuck his elbow in the Pacers' face, which is extremely dangerous. PLUS, you have this in a series which is borderline getting out of control. Again, context matters. These guys have had to be separated on numerous occasions already.

Sorry, you guys are really reaching on this one. Kobe's foul was a hard one but not malicious. Go to ESPN and watch the replay. Not the same thing IMO.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I just don't agree. The only difference I can see in the two fouls is that Kobe hits Faried from behind, where as Haslem fronts Hans. I think you could argue that the Kobe foul was worse, in that Faried had NO way to protect himself from it... where as Hans at least saw it was coming, and could prepare for the hit. There was almost no risk of an injury to Hans imo. Also Faried was also up more in the air and was more exposed to a possible hit. So as far as there being an injury risk, Faried had a much bigger risk of being hurt.

If the leagues is going to have a bunch of rules to protect players safety, they need to be properly applied. I don't remember the last time a star player got ejected from a game or suspended.. it just doesn't happen very often, if at all. Either the star players of the league never commit an infraction that is worthy of a suspension... or the rules are not applied universally. I dunno how anyone could reach a different conclusion then that, to be honest. If that hit is done on Derek Rose, LeBron James, Wade, etc... it's a flagrant 2 no questions asked.

The only argument I could really see for not suspending Kobe, yet suspending Haslem is it being possibly premeditated in the case of the Heat. I've went on record saying that I don't think either should have been suspended, but if Haslem was to be suspended.. Kobe should have too, no question. I'll say the same thing for the Wade flagrant early in the series against the Pacers as well. I still think player safety should trump the recent history of teams. Plays need to be judged on an individual basis, and where there was an unnecessary risk to a players safety, the appropriate and consistent action needs to be taken.

It's just a different standard as far as rules being enforced. The NBA has an agenda to protect its stars, and it has really come out in this years playoffs. Me believing that is not the same thing as the conspiracy theorists that think the league is fixed by the refs and all that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKiOvjOgiTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyMa12JM-c

maven
05-24-2012, 04:52 PM
I think if Miami had Bosh they'd have a shot against San Antonio (or whoever comes out of the west). But they won't, so they probably don't.

they would definitely have a shot with a healthy cb1 and beat the spurs. we will see if miami makes it to the finals and how bosh comes back

maven
05-24-2012, 04:55 PM
If the Celtics weren't in Game 7 against an 8th seed than I'd give them a chance.

Oh wait, in '08 they were in Game 7 in the first round against an 8 seed and they went on to win the NBA Finals. Dang, I just proved myself wrong. That's skills! ;D

a lot younger team back then compared to today

bombay
05-24-2012, 07:10 PM
lebron gave himself a little owie.

RhymesayersDU
05-24-2012, 07:58 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, but I just don't agree. The only difference I can see in the two fouls is that Kobe hits Faried from behind, where as Haslem fronts Hans. I think you could argue that the Kobe foul was worse, in that Faried had NO way to protect himself from it... where as Hans at least saw it was coming, and could prepare for the hit. There was almost no risk of an injury to Hans imo. Also Faried was also up more in the air and was more exposed to a possible hit. So as far as there being an injury risk, Faried had a much bigger risk of being hurt.

So, any time somebody goes up for a dunk or a lay up, they should be let go? Just like in the NFL, leave the ground at your own risk. Contrary to popular belief, basketball is a contact sport. This type of play happens every single week in the NBA. Fast break, block attempt, a lot of contact. This is pretty standard. Kobe made an honest attempt on the ball.

If the leagues is going to have a bunch of rules to protect players safety, they need to be properly applied. I don't remember the last time a star player got ejected from a game or suspended.. it just doesn't happen very often, if at all. Either the star players of the league never commit an infraction that is worthy of a suspension... or the rules are not applied universally. I dunno how anyone could reach a different conclusion then that, to be honest. If that hit is done on Derek Rose, LeBron James, Wade, etc... it's a flagrant 2 no questions asked.

You're wrong here, and what's great is that I can prove it. In fact, DWade is even featured. You mentioned him by name.

Here's Kobe's foul on Manimal:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v7D6my103_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now here is Tyler Hansbrough's foul on super duper star Dwayne Wade:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRngyhNvyVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A couple things:
1) It's not a flagrant 2 no question. In fact, it was a flagrant 1 on the court, and only upgraded to a 2 after review.
2) The two plays are strikingly similar. Guy going hard to the basket, defender making a play on the ball and giving the defender a pretty good hit to the head/face. A flagrant 1 was assessed on the court in both cases. No suspensions given out in either scenario since the defenders were making legitimate plays on the ball.
3) Just so we're clear, that is a bench player from a small market Tyler Hansbrough giving mega super duper star from a big market Dwayne Wade a hard foul. Somehow, David Stern didn't have a heart attack right then and there. Shocking, I know.

The only argument I could really see for not suspending Kobe, yet suspending Haslem is it being possibly premeditated in the case of the Heat. I've went on record saying that I don't think either should have been suspended, but if Haslem was to be suspended.. Kobe should have too, no question. I'll say the same thing for the Wade flagrant early in the series against the Pacers as well. I still think player safety should trump the recent history of teams. Plays need to be judged on an individual basis, and where there was an unnecessary risk to a players safety, the appropriate and consistent action needs to be taken.

Here's the Haslem foul:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5xc1TF5FnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you possibly say the Kobe foul was the same thing or worse? There was ZERO play on the ball by Haslem. He went specifically for Hansbrough's face, it's pretty clear. And not only that, but I'm going to repeat: CONTEXT MATTERS. These two teams have been at each other's throats since game 1. Yes, Stern is going to prevent a fight before it happens if he can. And I don't blame him.

And then there's this:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ngQkcfITJcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Again, a play that was purely to hurt somebody, nothing more. These two plays are flat-out nowhere near the same as the Kobe foul or the Hansbrough foul. Period. These plays were malicious and in the case of the elbow to the jaw, very dangerous. Neither had any sort of play on the basketball. Period.

It's just a different standard as far as rules being enforced. The NBA has an agenda to protect its stars, and it has really come out in this years playoffs. Me believing that is not the same thing as the conspiracy theorists that think the league is fixed by the refs and all that.

I... don't know what to say. It sounds like you're part of that fringe group on Nuggets fans who will never be happy with the NBA until David Stern announces the Lakers are disbanded. Again, I know I didn't change your mind, but you're reaching here.

bombay
05-24-2012, 08:08 PM
miami has a double figure lead over philly, who sucks.

No, Indiana, who sucks.

hambone13
05-24-2012, 08:35 PM
So, any time somebody goes up for a dunk or a lay up, they should be let go? Just like in the NFL, leave the ground at your own risk. Contrary to popular belief, basketball is a contact sport. This type of play happens every single week in the NBA. Fast break, block attempt, a lot of contact. This is pretty standard. Kobe made an honest attempt on the ball.

You're wrong here, and what's great is that I can prove it. In fact, DWade is even featured. You mentioned him by name.

Here's Kobe's foul on Manimal:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v7D6my103_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now here is Tyler Hansbrough's foul on super duper star Dwayne Wade:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XRngyhNvyVU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A couple things:
1) It's not a flagrant 2 no question. In fact, it was a flagrant 1 on the court, and only upgraded to a 2 after review.
2) The two plays are strikingly similar. Guy going hard to the basket, defender making a play on the ball and giving the defender a pretty good hit to the head/face. A flagrant 1 was assessed on the court in both cases. No suspensions given out in either scenario since the defenders were making legitimate plays on the ball.
3) Just so we're clear, that is a bench player from a small market Tyler Hansbrough giving mega super duper star from a big market Dwayne Wade a hard foul. Somehow, David Stern didn't have a heart attack right then and there. Shocking, I know.

Here's the Haslem foul:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5xc1TF5FnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you possibly say the Kobe foul was the same thing or worse? There was ZERO play on the ball by Haslem. He went specifically for Hansbrough's face, it's pretty clear. And not only that, but I'm going to repeat: CONTEXT MATTERS. These two teams have been at each other's throats since game 1. Yes, Stern is going to prevent a fight before it happens if he can. And I don't blame him.

I don't see how you don't understand the difference between those two fouls. Kobe blatantly clothes-lines him in the head while he's in a vulnerable position also being fouled underneath. Yes, after he hits him in the head the ball happens to be on the other side but when he started that foul, the ball wasn't any where near the path of his clothes-line. Tyler Hansbrough's foul was clearly playing the ball all the way through the foul. Simple as that. And if you think Kobe wasn't trying to hurt him, your nuts. Manimal was tearing them up that game.

maven
05-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Game just about ova...

:notworthy

maven
05-24-2012, 08:46 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhh yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Next up: Eastern Conference Finals

TonyR
05-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Damn! That's check mate! Tony's too stupid to realize how badly he was just punked.

LOL I guess you backed the wrong horse there genius! And I noticed you've disappeared from this thread. What happened? ROFL!

maven
05-24-2012, 08:48 PM

It is not at all surprising that the Nuggets were 14-2 against that pack of bozos, with the losses coming to cleveland and toronto as a result of not responding to their wake up call. Why bother.

Oh noes the Denver Post didn't report it!

LOL

Where are the Nuggies now? Where is the team who beat the Nuggies now?

ROFL!

bombay
05-24-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't see how you don't understand the difference between those two fouls. Kobe blatantly clothes-lines him in the head while he's in a vulnerable position also being fouled underneath. Yes, after he hits him in the head the ball happens to be on the other side but when he started that foul, the ball wasn't any where near the path of his clothes-line. Tyler Hansbrough's foul was clearly playing the ball all the way through the foul. Simple as that. And if you think Kobe wasn't trying to hurt him, your nuts. Manimal was tearing them up that game.

Wow. You waded through all of that crap?

maven
05-24-2012, 08:51 PM
LOL I guess you backed the wrong horse there genius! And I noticed you've disappeared from this thread. What happened? ROFL!

He's a bulls fan. Who are nobody now. Well, they have Boozer.

:pimp:

gunns
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
"(We) definitely underachieved," World Peace said. "We were the best team in the NBA and lost in five (games). The best team in the NBA should be up 3-2 and playing tomorrow....

"I like this team," World Peace said. "You look at the team, you all saw some of the amazing things we did. OKC, we had those guys beat fairly easy. Fairly easy we had those guys beat."

Added World Peace: "We had them beat. Stunned. So stunned. It's stunning."

__________________________________________________ _______________

Talk about delusions of grandeur. OKC had the better regular season record overall, had the better regular season head to head record, just beat them 4games to 1.....yet the Lakers are not only better, but they're the best team in the NBA? Wow.

Wow. Dude is delusional. I'm surprised that anyone was surprised the Lakers lost. I was also surprised the Lakers won a game against OKC.

RhymesayersDU
05-24-2012, 09:02 PM

This type of play happens every single week in the league. But I forgot, the league is in the tank for the Lakers. Gosh, how could I forget that? My mistake.

hambone13
05-24-2012, 09:04 PM
This type of play happens every single week in the league. But I forgot, the league is in the tank for the Lakers. Gosh, how could I forget that? My mistake.

Plays like Kobe's foul on Manimal do not happen every week and had it been Manimal that fouled Kobe like that, he would certainly have been suspended IMO. That's all I'm saying. I don't mind the hard fouls I just think they need to be called consistently despite the team and the player.

DENVERDUI55
05-24-2012, 09:09 PM
He's a bulls fan. Who are nobody now. Well, they have Boozer.

:pimp:

Well your a spineless heat fan that only shows up after wins.

RhymesayersDU
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
But they are. Hansbrough gave Wade a huge shot and was given a flagrant with nosuspension. Hell, Hansbrough drew blood.

Vegas_Bronco
05-24-2012, 09:16 PM
laalaalakers racehorse...I gotta see this.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/24/gasol-kobe-horse.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Congrats to Pacers fans...that was a great series.

Rolandftw
05-24-2012, 09:29 PM
Rhymes: This honestly seems like a situation where two people see similar plays, and for whatever reason seem to have a completely opposite reaction to it. Every time, I see the Hans foul on Wade, it appears that he actually blocks the shot and then hits Wade on the follow through. I don't really see how it's comparable to what Kobe did.

Wade is not exposed and not in the same vulnerable position as Faried either. Hans is in front of Wade as he drives, and not behind the entire time as Kobe is. I think that if a player's attempt of defense is taking a swipe at the head/upper shoulder area from behind under the hopes that they might hit the basketball/it might be deemed a play on the ball... while a player is elevated and very vulnerable from a collision he doesn't see coming... can't say I'm fond of that brand of defense.

If he fronted him, wouldn't have a problem with it.
If he attempted to make a play on the ball without going through Faried's head, I'm okay with it.

I don't want the Lakers disbanded from the league and I don't think players should give up on plays. I do think they should be careful when a player is elevated, and not try to do a play that leaves the opposition open for a serious injury. Faried has had plenty of blocks this season, from behind and shockingly, he hasn't had to go through the oppositions upper body for it to take place (although they have been susceptible to drop kicks apparently...)

hambone13
05-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Rhymes: This honestly seems like a situation where two people see similar plays, and for whatever reason seem to have a completely opposite reaction to it. Every time, I see the Hans foul on Wade, it appears that he actually blocks the shot and then hits Wade on the follow through. I don't really see how it's comparable to what Kobe did.

Wade is not exposed and not in the same vulnerable position as Faried either. Hans is in front of Wade as he drives, and not behind the entire time as Kobe is. I think that if a player's attempt of defense is taking a swipe at the head/upper shoulder area from behind under the hopes that they might hit the basketball/it might be deemed a play on the ball... while a player is elevated and very vulnerable from a collision he doesn't see coming... can't say I'm fond of that brand of defense.

If he fronted him, wouldn't have a problem with it.
If he attempted to make a play on the ball without going through Faried's head, I'm okay with it.

I don't want the Lakers disbanded from the league and I don't think players should give up on plays. I do think they should be careful when a player is elevated, and not try to do a play that leaves the opposition open for a serious injury. Faried has had plenty of blocks this season, from behind and shockingly, he hasn't had to go through the oppositions upper body for it to take place (although they have been susceptible to drop kicks apparently...)

I was just about to write something very similar. Well said. I also still believe that had that been Kobe being fouled as such by Manimal, it would have been at least a 2 and probably a suspension.

maven
05-24-2012, 09:39 PM
laalaalakers racehorse...I gotta see this.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/05/24/gasol-kobe-horse.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Congrats to Pacers fans...that was a great series.

Pacers gave it their all. Congrats to their fans.

maven
05-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Well your a spineless heat fan that only shows up after wins.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/raphtmarqui/IdontcareKobewhoMypreciousPSPFun-2.gif

maven
05-24-2012, 10:03 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dwyane-wade-pants-530x339.jpg

Back to South Beach. The series is done.

Vegas_Bronco
05-24-2012, 10:46 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/dwyane-wade-pants-530x339.jpg

Back to South Beach. The series is done.

LOL

delany
05-24-2012, 10:58 PM
Nice Heat win. Good series. Looking forward to the next round.

maven
05-24-2012, 11:19 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/chris-bosh-lebron-bomb.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/chris-bosh-d-wade-bomb.gif

Come back soon CB1. We need ya back.

maven
05-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Nice Heat win. Good series. Looking forward to the next round.

Tough series, hard fought, playoff basketball, but the Heat became victorious.

:D

maven
05-24-2012, 11:25 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1138522/sadfans.gif

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo/13331054.cms

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/01479/NAF102_1479817k.jpg

NFLBRONCO
05-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Congrats Maven

maven
05-24-2012, 11:33 PM
Congrats Maven

For sure!

We will see who's next. Boston or Philly is going to be a tough matchup.

Wade has stepped the **** up. King James is amazing. Give it up to Rio, Miller, UD, Shane, and the rest of the team. This team is good. Real good. Hopefully CB1 comes back healthy soon.

maven
05-24-2012, 11:35 PM

Looks good so far OC

;D

maven
05-24-2012, 11:47 PM
Wade today:

41 pts, 10 rebounds, 2 stls, 68% shooting

BOOM

myMind
05-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Come back soon CB1. We need ya back.

Bring back the Ostrich

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5342/boshu.jpg

Jason in LA
05-25-2012, 12:55 AM
a lot younger team back then compared to today

If you're going to respond to my posts, then answer the two simple questions that I asked you.

Well you'll be good soon enough. When the Heat finally lose. That is what you do.

NorCalBronco7
05-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Would you rather have Demarcus Cousins or Andrew Bynum?

OrangeCrush2724
05-25-2012, 02:30 AM
For sure!

We will see who's next. Boston or Philly is going to be a tough matchup.

Wade has stepped the **** up. King James is amazing. Give it up to Rio, Miller, UD, Shane, and the rest of the team. This team is good. Real good. Hopefully CB1 comes back healthy soon.

I agree. Miller was drilling his shots today. Rest is going to do him wonders bc he runs up the court like my grandfather. Wade is back to his playoff form. Lebron was clutch again, oops I forgot, it is considered only "clutch" when he is missing his shots.

To be honest, I don't expect CB back till about game 3 of the finals, if we make it. But great win man, cuz we need some rest.

TonyR
05-25-2012, 06:44 AM
Boston or Philly is going to be a tough matchup.

Meh. I'm not a Heat fan so this isn't braggadocio but if the Heat show up they shouldn't have any problem with either team, although not having Bosh doesn't help. 5-6 game series if they play well.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-25-2012, 09:37 AM
Meh. I'm not a Heat fan so this isn't braggadocio but if the Heat show up they shouldn't have any problem with either team, although not having Bosh doesn't help. 5-6 game series if they play well.

I agree. They SHOULD walk over either team.

Beantown Bronco
05-25-2012, 10:42 AM
The C's have beaten the Heat the last three times they faced them....

OrangeCrush2724
05-25-2012, 10:48 AM

I don't think it's going to be a walk in the park against the Celtics. Boston always plays Miami tough and minus Bosh, it will be a 6-7 game series.

ludo21
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
GO SIXERS!!!

TonyR
05-25-2012, 12:01 PM

Could be a matchup thing, so maybe if the C's beat the Sixers they'll be more trouble than I'm thinking. But generally playoff basketball is a different beast. And the fact that a very mediocre Sixers team is giving the C's so much difficulty I wouldn't have a lot of confidence in them at this point.

maven
05-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Would you rather have Demarcus Cousins or Andrew Bynum?

You could also throw in Greg Monroe. Bynum needs a new taem. And when Kobe goes ham ball(last game is good example, 42 points on 33 shots), Gasol/Bynum lose interest. bynum needs to go somewhere else and not play with Kobe. Probably the best part of the Lakers last game was ohhhh Kobe stil got it, ohhhh he so good, ohhh he's still top 5 player. He should've been feeding the 7 footers.

maven
05-25-2012, 02:47 PM
GO SIXERS!!!

I can get behind this.

ROFL!

maven
05-25-2012, 02:49 PM
I agree. Miller was drilling his shots today. Rest is going to do him wonders bc he runs up the court like my grandfather. Wade is back to his playoff form. Lebron was clutch again, oops I forgot, it is considered only "clutch" when he is missing his shots.

To be honest, I don't expect CB back till about game 3 of the finals, if we make it. But great win man, cuz we need some rest.

Yep, rest until Monday night while the sixers/celtics have one tomorrow. CB1 I think will be back for game 2, but he could aggravate his injury in 5 minutes on the floor. In some ways you have to think there will be no Bosh back. Because of this I think a potential matchup with the Spurs would be ideal.

gunns
05-25-2012, 05:23 PM
GO CELTICS!

bombay
05-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Another great eastern conference game. boston 55 philly 52 after 3 quarters. Exciting basketball. According to a claven quote I saw, she thinks either of these teams would be a tough matchup for miami.

If that's true, it's funny.

TDmvp
05-26-2012, 08:43 PM
http://top-people.starmedia.com/tmp/swotti/cacheCM9UZG8=/imgRondo2.jpg

SoonerBronco
05-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Rondo was Mr Clutch tonight.

oubronco
05-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Thunder Up!!!!!!!

hambone13
05-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Thunder Up!!!!!!!

I'd love to see The Thunder take it all. It would be a nice change.

bombay
05-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Now that was a good half of basketball. OKC 47-46.

KCStud
05-27-2012, 08:22 PM
The Thunder almost seem too fast and young for the Spurs. They are wearing them down already.

maven
05-27-2012, 09:01 PM
The Thunder almost seem too fast and young for the Spurs. They are wearing them down already.

Spurs are executing on offense and playing good D. Credit Stephen Jackson tonight.

maven
05-27-2012, 09:03 PM
I also don't understand why Ibaka isn't out there. Especially instead of Perkins.

bombay
05-27-2012, 09:04 PM
San Antonio may go undefeated in the playoffs. This is the only team they have to concern themselves with.

oubronco
05-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Good game just came up a little short but should be a good series

KCStud
05-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I also don't understand why Ibaka isn't out there. Especially instead of Perkins.

That right there is why we lost. We allowed 39 freaking points in the 4th quarter and our best defender is on the bench.

What a terrible move by Scott Brooks.

maven
05-27-2012, 11:19 PM
San Antonio may go undefeated in the playoffs. This is the only team they have to concern themselves with.

I wouldn't go that far. Thunder can still take this series.

maven
05-27-2012, 11:22 PM
That right there is why we lost. We allowed 39 freaking points in the 4th quarter and our best defender is on the bench.

What a terrible move by Scott Brooks.

Makes absolutely no sense to me. And yes Scotty Brooks got worked. Like I just said though, Thunder can come back. This series is far from over. This is going 6/7.

maven
05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Good game just came up a little short but should be a good series

If the Thunder was going to take one it was gonna be game 2 imo. Should be a damn good game to watch.

Rolandftw
05-28-2012, 12:42 AM

Yeah, they looked worn out in the 4th....

andre
05-28-2012, 06:42 AM
each teams now has three super stars or more .this year's competion to champion will be more fantastic .

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 10:10 AM
People need to stop with the old and worn out angle when talking about the spurs. 19 wins in a row cannot happen with an old and worn out team. They didn't even play up to their own standards yesterday and still won. That many turnovers?? They are almost unbeatable.

TonyR
05-28-2012, 11:28 AM
I know a lot of people hate Bill Simmons for whatever reason, so if you can't see past your blind hate for him don't bother. And it's a few days old. But this is a really good read, particularly the part about the Spurs towards the end.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7960136/the-playoff-eclipse-chronicles

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Randy Crawford clearly has money on the heat. He and Donahghy should share a prison cell. He is a dirty ref who should be hung.

TDmvp
05-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Lame T on Doc.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
These technicals are clearly one sided. Obviously stern told the refs to influence the game. This is way too obvious.

bombay
05-28-2012, 09:03 PM
What happens in the eastern conference is of zero consequence.

OrangeCrush2724
05-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Randy Crawford clearly has money on the heat. He and Donahghy should share a prison cell. He is a dirty ref who should be hung.

Yeah, that's why the Heat won.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
These technicals are clearly one sided. Obviously stern told the refs to influence the game. This is way too obvious.

Yeah, i don't think this really mattered much.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 10:41 PM
The heat are going to win cause they are the best team of a weak conference. That ain't saying much.

maven
05-28-2012, 10:54 PM
The heat are going to win cause they are the best team of a weak conference. That ain't saying much.

And that is the Miami Heat fault?

ROFL!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 10:55 PM
And that is the Miami Heat fault?

ROFL!

Did I say it was?

maven

You are right. Miami just cannot hang with the Celtics. They need the officials to win the game.

ROFL!

SoCalBronco
Oh look...the Heat won and Maven is back.

I'm sure its just a coincidence, though.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 10:56 PM
You are right. Miami just cannot hang with the Celtics. They need the officials to win the game.

ROFL!

I guess if they lost you would be under a rock.

maven
05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Did I say it was?

If the Heat win the series they will get to face the all mighty West.

maven
05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
I guess if they lost you would be under a rock.

Anyone who believes the Heat would lose the series to the Celtics is living under a rock.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 10:58 PM
If the Heat win the series they will get to face the all mighty West.

Yep. Only one team too.

maven
05-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh look...the Heat won and Maven is back.

I'm sure its just a coincidence, though.

Your team is out, once again.

Have anything to add SoCal?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 10:59 PM
Anyone who believes the Heat would lose the series to the Celtics is living under a rock.

I don't think they'll lose it. Boston is an average team that is streaky. I'm just saying you disappear after heat losses and it's more embarrassing than that undone shirt.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Yep. Only one team too.

I expect the Spurs to be there in the finals to face the Heat. It's going to happen, right?

SoCalBronco
05-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Your team is out, once again.

Have anything to add SoCal?

Only because of injuries. You're lucky the bug caught them otherwise you would have been in for a massive beatdown in the ECF.

As it stands, you'll get that beatdown anyway in the Finals vs. SA or OKC (I know you're scared of OKC, you've made that clear already).

maven
05-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, that's why the Heat won.

Has nothing to do with the Heat DOMINATING their asses. To think, Bosh is just hangin out enjoying front court seats. He should be good to go for the finals. Wonder who is going to face em.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Only because of injuries. You're lucky the bug caught them otherwise you would have been in for a massive beatdown in the ECF.

As it stands, you'll get that beatdown anyway in the Finals vs. SA or OKC (I know you're scared of OKC, you've made that clear already).

You're so full of **** if you believe that. Your team is ****ing pwned. They have no chance against Miami.

SoCalBronco
05-28-2012, 11:07 PM
You're so full of **** if you believe that. Your team is ****ing pwned. They have no chance against Miami.

No chance? I'm not referring to Boston, chief.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:08 PM

The Thunder have a nice young core. They are dangerous.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:09 PM
No chance? I'm not referring to Boston, chief.

duh, you chicago lover.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Yep. Only one team too.

Last I checked that's how the playoffs worked. Are you not believing in your Spurs?

ROFL!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 11:13 PM
So we're you a heat fan before lebron? Not tryin to be an ass, just wondering?

maven
05-28-2012, 11:15 PM

And to add wtf is this nonsense.

The Spurs lost to the Heat.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:16 PM
So we're you a heat fan before lebron? Not tryin to be an ass, just wondering?

Yes

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 11:16 PM
Last I checked that's how the playoffs worked. Are you not believing in your Spurs?

ROFL!

Huh? That makes no sense. I said " yup only one team too "

How is that not believing? If you take a look, OKC was bred from spurs blood. Sam Presti has taken what the spurs have taught him and built the thunder the same way the spurs were built. Through the draft with their star player staying with the small market team. Not built like Miami was.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Huh? That makes no sense. I said " yup only one team too "

How is that not believing? If you take a look, OKC was bred from spurs blood. Sam Presti has taken what the spurs have taught him and built the thunder the se way the spurs were built. Through the draft with their star player staying with the small market team. Not built like Miami was.

Just messin with ya.

I will say I'm looking forward to the Spurs advancing vs the Heat. I think we matchup quite well.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 11:20 PM
And to add wtf is this nonsense.

The Spurs lost to the Heat.

I wouldn't gauge games where ginobili was out while Richard jefferson was still on the team Huckin up bricks. No Diaw no jackson. The weakness they had was Blair undersized. Diaw and splitter make up for that now. Blair hardly sees the floor.

It would certainly be a fun series to watch. But I still got problems with OKC to deal with right now. Can't think too far ahead. Lol.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't gauge games where ginobili was out while Richard jefferson was still on the team Huckin up bricks. No Diaw no jackson. The weakness they had was Blair undersized. Diaw and splitter make up for that now. Blair hardly sees the floor.

It would certainly be a fun series to watch. But I still got problems with OKC to deal with right now. Can't think too far ahead. Lol.

Good point, but matchup wise I like Miami versus the Spurs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-28-2012, 11:23 PM

It'll be fun that's for sure

maven
05-28-2012, 11:26 PM
It'll be fun that's for sure

The Heat are gonna crush the Spurs.

It'll be a good series, but I like our chances if Miami plays SA.

maven
05-28-2012, 11:40 PM
Orange,

lets give it up to Rio, shane, MM. Played a good game today.

OrangeCrush2724
05-29-2012, 07:34 AM

Come on SoCal, you are a more informed poster than that. Chicago and Miami both healthy would have ended the same way as last year.

OrangeCrush2724
05-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Orange,

lets give it up to Rio, shane, MM. Played a good game today.

Yeah, all this time those jokers were saving it up for the playoffs. Go Heat!!!

MVP!! MVP!! MVP!!

Punisher
05-29-2012, 08:07 AM
True Heat fans remember when Ed Jones was in the starting line up and the Tim Hardaway Days

Punisher
05-29-2012, 08:09 AM

The Heat won't beat either the Spurs or OKC in the Championship

OrangeCrush2724
05-29-2012, 08:18 AM
True Heat fans remember when Ed Jones was in the starting line up and the Tim Hardaway Days

It was all about Ronnie Seikaly and Steve "Tricky" Smith for me.

Jason in LA
05-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Spurs vs. Heat. Might as well get that series started now.

Rolandftw
05-29-2012, 08:08 PM
The Heat are gonna crush the Spurs.

It'll be a good series, but I like our chances if Miami plays SA.

If Bosh comes back, Miami might win one game.

maven
05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
spurs live and die by that 3 pointer and have no low post presence at all.

KCStud
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM

No low post presence? I'm sure Tim Duncas would have something to say about that.

RhymesayersDU
05-29-2012, 09:40 PM
No low post presence? I'm sure Tim Duncas would have something to say about that.

Maven thinks that Joel Anthony and Udonis Haslem are the standard for low post play. Don't mind him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 09:52 PM

Ummm their offense is pick and roll. Kick out to the open shooter or dish it to the collapsing picker. The low post is a slow down use the 24 seconds. Why do you think they score into the 100s every game?

bombay
05-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Ho hum. These are the finals. I guess they'll have to play 4 more games.

The floridas clowns won't make any difference.

Rolandftw
05-29-2012, 10:41 PM

That's a very odd analysis. Especially considering the Heat minus Bosh are even worse off.

Their ball movement is how they live by the 3 pointer. They're going to continue to hit open looks for the most part. Expecting to beat them by hoping they have a bad shooting night 4 out of 7 times, is not very realistic.

DENVERDUI55
05-29-2012, 11:52 PM

Spurs or OKC that matter would beat up Miami without Bosh we wouldn't have to worry about you posting.

oubronco
05-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Wow the Spurs are just playing great team basketball the Thunder better wake up or they'll be out of it quick

maven
05-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Ummm their offense is pick and roll. Kick out to the open shooter or dish it to the collapsing picker. The low post is a slow down use the 24 seconds. Why do you think they score into the 100s every game?

Yep. If the Heat can get past the Celtics I'm curious how Miami will matchup with SA.

maven
05-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Bosh is KEY if Miami plays SA. I hope Bosh uses the meistro's balm on the abs.

http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/pictures/kramer/kramer036.jpg

RhymesayersDU
05-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Ok, the balm is a fantastic reference. Score one for maven.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Jackie does not like Bob Cobb's Balm.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-30-2012, 11:06 AM
Jackie does not like Bob Cobb's Balm.

Who told you to put the balm on?

canadianbroncosfan
05-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Wow the Spurs are just playing great team basketball the Thunder better wake up or they'll be out of it quick

Last night I was watching the game and on Twitter. I read a tweet from Oilivier Busquet (poker pro) during the Spurs amazing play in the third quarter that pretty much summed up my feelings:

@olivierbusquet : This is the first time I've wanted to stand up and clap while watching an NBA game on television

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Please god I know it might be greedy but, the Cavs could use another first overall draft pick. Lets be real Charlotte will never be good anyways!

SonOfLe-loLang
05-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Please god I know it might be greedy but, the Cavs could use another first overall draft pick. Lets be real Charlotte will never be good anyways!

Davis and Irving would be sweet

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Davis and Irving would be sweet

Davis is wearing a Broncos hat so it is a match made in heaven for me.

canadianbroncosfan
05-30-2012, 06:22 PM

Cavs pick fourth, the Hornets moved up to win the Davis lottery. Good for them after losing CP3

SonOfLe-loLang
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Cavs pick fourth, the Hornets moved up to win the Davis lottery. Good for them after losing CP3

ha! you think the nba would fix it so their own team WOULDNT win it

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 06:28 PM

The NBA is rigged!!!! The Cavs lost LBJ and got the number one pick, then Hornets lose CP3 and poof the number one pick. Andre Drummond or Harrison Barnes might not be so bad. Cavs still need a SG though.

Lestat
05-30-2012, 06:35 PM
perfect storm for the Hornets. loaded with picks, young players and now two franchise cornerstones in Gordon and Davis. a new owner and a future as bright as OKC's.

the Bobcats must be sick. but Cho has has experience with picking #2 when a unbelievable franchise player is to go at #1. he was with Seattle when they got Durant #2.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 06:39 PM
perfect storm for the Hornets. loaded with picks, young players and now two franchise cornerstones in Gordon and Davis. a new owner and a future as bright as OKC's.

the Bobcats must be sick. but Cho has has experience with picking #2 when a unbelievable franchise player is to go at #1. he was with Seattle when they got Durant #2.

Gilchrist is a great consolation prize

Lestat
05-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Gilchrist is a great consolation prize

ha! i bet they do something stupid and take Robinson or Barnes.
Kidd-Gilchrist or Beal are the only guys that should be on their board for #2.
maybe Drummond if you wanna go that route but they already have him in Byombo and Thomas.

TDmvp
05-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Question ... I've been in and out of the room and missed the why in this , but why is Jordan's jersey hanging in Miami ????

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Question ... I've been in and out of the room and missed the why in this , but why is Jordan's jersey hanging in Miami ????

I missed that. Wasn't watching. Wonder if Maven is watching? You can bet maven will be here if the heat win, will be nowhere to be found if they lose.

Jason in LA
05-30-2012, 07:32 PM
I was ready to write both conference finals off and come back for the NBA Finals. But it looks like the Celtics want to make things interesting. It's still the first half, so Miami has more than enough time to come back. And we all know that basketball is a game of runs. But if the Celtics can steal this game than this will be a series.

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 07:35 PM
I just read that Barnes and Irving are really good friends. Maybe it would be better in the long run for the Cavs if they drafted him.

Jason in LA
05-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Well the Celtics made it interesting for 30 minutes. On to the NBA Finals. Spurs will kick the crap out of the Heat. Damn, if LeBron goes 0-3 in NBA Finals, that would just be bad.

OrangeSe7en
05-30-2012, 09:02 PM

Pat Riley respected Jordan so much that he retired his jersey in Miami. Jordan is/was the only player in basketball that has his jersey retired by a team that he never played for.

Jason in LA
05-30-2012, 09:08 PM
The Celtics don't want to go away. This is a pretty good game. I'm wondering if we'll be seeing Maven tonight.

OrangeSe7en
05-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Its kind of disgusting that the Celtics are wearing these uniforms with black. This is a team that values tradition. Tradition is a part of their brand. The uniforms are part of that. These alternate uniforms suck.

Willynowei
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Le Choke james misses point blank layup then misses midrange shot.

Story of his career.

Jason in LA
05-30-2012, 09:28 PM
LeBrick! lol

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 09:38 PM
How was that not a foul on Rondo? His head clearly ran right into Wades hand.

Lycan
05-30-2012, 09:41 PM
How do you miss the guy with the ball getting hit in the face? Nice job refs!

TDmvp
05-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Lame...

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 09:43 PM
How do you miss the guy with the ball getting hit in the face? Nice job refs!

Or Wade ninja kicking Garnett.

RhymesayersDU
05-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah refs missed a big one, but holy **** Rondo has been magnificent tonight. 44/8/10? Ridiculous.

TDmvp
05-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Rondo is just insane at times.

Edit: over under on how long from now Maven starts spamming this thread ?

DBroncos4life
05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Rondo is just insane at times.

How Boston keeps trying to trade him is nuts to me.

Jason in LA
05-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Well even in victory, he's still LeBrick.

I guess Maven won't run off like the little broad that he/she is.

TDmvp
05-30-2012, 09:47 PM
How Boston keeps trying to trade him is nuts to me.

Yea I know . Dude is just so solid. Does so many things well. I would think he's perfect to try to build around.

Tim
05-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Dwayne Wade just passed R. Westbrook and J. Harden on my 'Players that I can't stand list'.

LongDongJohnson
05-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Lets go heat! F the haters.

KCStud
05-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Dwayne Wade just passed R. Westbrook and J. Harden on my 'Players that I can't stand list'.

I can understand Westbrook, but why Harden?

maven
05-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Lets go heat! F the haters.

A lot of h8rs in here Dong. Another game, another victory, on the road to the chip.

maven
05-30-2012, 10:43 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1143063/flops.gif

I can understand Westbrook, but why Harden?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Well even in victory, he's still LeBrick.

I guess Maven won't run off like the little broad that he/she is.

What was his line? 34/11/8? Tough crowd.

Jason in LA
05-30-2012, 10:47 PM
A lot of h8rs in here Dong. Another game, another victory, on the road to the chip.

So how did that work out last year? Oh yeah, you're not answering that question. lol

maven
05-30-2012, 10:52 PM
What was his line? 34/11/8? Tough crowd.

King James had a great game today. Last play he should've drived to the basket against Rondo and not settled for the jumper.

Got the win Le Lo

maven
05-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Tough series, but the Heat will dig down and dig it out.

maven
05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
The Heat will rise to the chip!

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1149384/wadestare.gif

maven
05-30-2012, 11:45 PM
So how did that work out last year? Oh yeah, you're not answering that question. lol

U a weird dood. I'm a good looking guy and I already answered that question.

maven
05-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Just wanted to add... DAMN

http://www.budster.net/gifs/dukes-of-hazzard-jessica-simpson.jpg

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/05/30/0530-jessica-simpson-1.jpg

KCStud
05-31-2012, 12:36 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1143063/flops.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed