PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Dutch
01-25-2012, 10:46 PM
Nuggets are 7-3 in their first 10 road games this year, best road start in franchise history. First five game road sweep in franchise history. 92 Points in the paint tonight, wow. Sacto is bad, real bad....but it is still nice to see the Nuggs step on the throat of an inferior opponent early, and not let up. Hope they do the same at home against the Raptors. Special props to Masai Ujiri on the job he has done putting this team together. Nice to have one of the brightest young front offices in the NBA. Anyone catch The Association: The Denver Nuggets on NBA TV? Was really good. Think Hard Knocks for hoops.

broncswin
01-25-2012, 11:08 PM
proud of those guys...love watching team ball...GO NUGGS

extralife
01-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, when we made that run a few years back, Bird's defense was on point. Lately it just hasn't been there. You can never have too much size, but I agree it's clear why he doesn't get minutes.

bird is awful, the only reason he gets any minutes at all is because when things are going well he'll run the court and amp people up. but you can't convince me that Farried wouldn't do the same thing with a lot less suck.

JimmyFocus
01-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Anyone catch The Association: The Denver Nuggets on NBA TV? Was really good. Think Hard Knocks for hoops.

Here's the link for anyone that wants to watch it.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/01/25/20120125_the_association_full_show.nba/index.html

RhymesayersDU
01-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Here's the link for anyone that wants to watch it.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/01/25/20120125_the_association_full_show.nba/index.html

Thanks for the link, I don't get NBATV in my current package.

broncswin
01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
bird is awful, the only reason he gets any minutes at all is because when things are going well he'll run the court and amp people up. but you can't convince me that Farried wouldn't do the same thing with a lot less suck.

agree 100%...he gave us a couple good years...but Faried is gonna be a beast I think...time to let the bird fly and unleash the manimal :thumbs:

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Finally watched "The Association" this morning. Really freaking cool.

Going to the Clips/Nuggs game tonight, should be a good time.

Dutch
01-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Finally watched "The Association" this morning. Really freaking cool.

Going to the Clips/Nuggs game tonight, should be a good time.

Have fun, Dude. Make some freaking noise for me. I'd love to be there, should be a great game. Hope we get the win. I love Chauncey, but not the night for him to go off.

TonyR
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tvjjEtjwKHE?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tvjjEtjwKHE?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

TDmvp
01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Lord the Mavs cheerleaders are hot.

oubronco
01-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Lord the Mavs cheerleaders are hot.

We definitely agree with this

OrangeCrush2724
01-29-2012, 07:42 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/tvjjEtjwKHE?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/tvjjEtjwKHE?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Dude, Lebron highlights are not welcome here. We only talk about James when there is something negative to say about him.

colorado jones
01-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Rudy's tip at the end of the 3rd quarter was awesome... Make sure you check it out.

spdirty
01-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Think I would seriously hate Rudy if he weren't a Nugget. He's just a real pain in the ass to the opposition. Reminds me of Jeff Hornacek.

colorado jones
01-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Rudy is our Manu.

colorado jones
01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Chauncey is killing it tonight.

spdirty
01-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Rudy is our Manu.

Yeah him too.

spdirty
01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
****ing bull**** way to lose this game.

RhymesayersDU
01-29-2012, 09:12 PM

This dunk was insane.

Anyways, just got home from the game. Pretty frustrating.

I hate Nene more than I can even describe right now.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Jason Terry was awesome tonight.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/259983_10150198522746557_500191556_7592489_6413033 _n.jpg

Rolandftw
01-29-2012, 09:56 PM
****ing bull**** way to lose this game.

Some terrible calls, but if you don't put away an inferior team... it's what can happen.

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2012, 07:12 AM
Some terrible calls, but if you don't put away an inferior team... it's what can happen.

And I don't think LA is even really inferior. It was a close game between 2 good teams. We'll see them again. You'd love to win it at home though.

TonyR
02-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Wow the Sixers really took the Bulls apart tonight. Doug Collins is really doing a great job in Phila.

RhymesayersDU
02-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Big weekend coming up for the boys in the powder blue.

Another back-to-back-to-back, @LAC, vs. LAL, @POR.

****ing rough. Really should have won that Memphis game. But oh well. I believe we can beat LAL at home in the middle, but we really need to steal a road game.

OrangeSe7en
02-02-2012, 10:18 PM
Wow the Sixers really took the Bulls apart tonight. Doug Collins is really doing a great job in Phila.

The Bulls need to do something about their roster. Boozer is pure garbage.

Heyneck
02-02-2012, 10:25 PM
76er's Fan here! (Cause of AI) Anyway...love the way the team is playing. An unselfish team that reminds me of our Broncos. The way they are playing defense is just lights out!!!

theAPAOps5
02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Big weekend coming up for the boys in the powder blue.

Another back-to-back-to-back, @LAC, vs. LAL, @POR.

****ing rough. Really should have won that Memphis game. But oh well. I believe we can beat LAL at home in the middle, but we really need to steal a road game.

Starting off good. Up 20+ in fourth at LAC

RhymesayersDU
02-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Starting off good. Up 20+ in fourth at LAC

Yep, needed a game like this. If they can beat LAL tomorrow, the inevitable loss @POR will be easier to swallow. I do worry if the Nuggs can even land their plane in Denver though.

theAPAOps5
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Yep, needed a game like this. If they can beat LAL tomorrow, the inevitable loss @POR will be easier to swallow. I do worry if the Nuggs can even land their plane in Denver though.

Oh they will get into Denver. Don't worry about that, it is getting home after they get off Pena that will be interesting.

bombay
02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Kenyon signs with the Clips. Big pickup for them in terms of toughness and rebounding. I'd like to see JR go to the Bulls. They really need a scorer like him. Only maybe not as crazy.

RhymesayersDU
02-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Anybody going to the game tonight?

I wasn't planning on it, but with the storm, ticket prices on StubHub dropped like a rock. I've got floor seats for under face, and I am stoked. As long as the cabbie doesn't kill me getting there or coming back, I'm ****ing stoked.

Dutch
02-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Anybody going to the game tonight?

I wasn't planning on it, but with the storm, ticket prices on StubHub dropped like a rock. I've got floor seats for under face, and I am stoked. As long as the cabbie doesn't kill me getting there or coming back, I'm ****ing stoked.

Have fun, Bro'. I hate the Lakers, man do I want a win tonight....then just for ****s and grins a win tomorrow against the Trailblazers would be good too.:yayaya:

Dutch
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Kenyon signs with the Clips. Big pickup for them in terms of toughness and rebounding. I'd like to see JR go to the Bulls. They really need a scorer like him. Only maybe not as crazy.

I'd like to see us retain Chandler. I miss JR's uncanny ability to nail 3 pointers with the game on the line, but I don't miss the nights he isn't "feeling it". I like our team right now. The three is starting to fall for Dani, and AAA is starting to come around as well. I think we'll be fine by the time the playoffs roll around. I'd like to see us with at the the #2 seed in the West. Might be wishful thinking, but I am an eternal optimist (oh, and I'd love to see the Thunder fall off a bit).

bombay
02-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Man, the Knicks suck. Lose to Boston, 8-15.

Ujiri and Kroenke Jr. just killed donnie walsh - actually Dolan - in the Galinari deal.

TonyR
02-03-2012, 10:09 PM
From Adande today on the Nuggets:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7535800/nba-denver-nuggets-winning-no-stars

RhymesayersDU
02-03-2012, 11:32 PM
In a cab home, ****ing Lakers.

OrangeCrush2724
02-04-2012, 04:06 AM
76er's Fan here! (Cause of AI) Anyway...love the way the team is playing. An unselfish team that reminds me of our Broncos. The way they are playing defense is just lights out!!!

Yeah, that was a great game till the middle of the 4th against the heat last night.

OrangeSe7en
02-04-2012, 10:06 AM

Yes please! I'm hoping the fact that the Bulls don't have a lot of knuckleheads rubs off on him (assuming he were to go to the Bulls). But Dennis Rodman was crazy. The Bulls have been there before. It isn't necessarily bad.

OrangeSe7en
02-04-2012, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK1wWC1-vNU&feature=related

oubronco
02-04-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK1wWC1-vNU&feature=related

Hilarious!

spdirty
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
From Adande today on the Nuggets:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7535800/nba-denver-nuggets-winning-no-stars

Nice column. Thanks for posting. Just don't want to kid myself with dreams of an NBA championship so early in the season. What I'm hoping for is the 2nd seed and play okc real tough in the WCF. And I think those are real high hopes as it is.

RhymesayersDU
02-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah I don't see us being a serious contender to win it all, but winning a playoff series would be a real nice step forward for the franchise.

I think we're going to live and die with Gallinari. If he can mature and blossom into a great player, we'll be on our way. And I don't mean this year, but over time.

OrangeSe7en
02-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Nice column. Thanks for posting. Just don't want to kid myself with dreams of an NBA championship so early in the season. What I'm hoping for is the 2nd seed and play okc real tough in the WCF. And I think those are real high hopes as it is.

I thought the article was lacking. Here's an example.

Miller said that star-studded teams such as Miami "get leeway defensively and offensively. If they're not scoring the ball, they're at the free throw line. So everything is high percentage for them."

The perception is that stars always get the calls. But guess who's getting to the free throw line more times per game than any other team in the league? The Denver Nuggets.

And guess who scores more points in the paint than any other team? You guessed it. Nene is a guy you can throw it to and have him go score inside. The Oklahoma City Thunder don't have that. Neither do the Dallas Mavericks or Los Angeles Clippers.

Both of these reflect how Denver is able to push tempo because of their depth. Teams get go to the foul line for different reasons. Denver has the depth to push tempo. Some teams go to the foul line because they get super star calls.

Also, earlier in the article there was this:

"I think if you consistently win with the type of team we have now, someone's going to become a star," Karl said. "Someone will elevate into that area of All-Star or elevate into that area of special player. The process builds a special player ... if you win."

But can you win without a star? It goes against everything we know about the NBA. That suits Karl, who is one of the last people still actively carrying that countercultural ABA flag.

After Karl makes the point that winning creates stars, Adande unwittingly contradicts the point that was just constructed by mindlessly carrying forward with the assumption that stars generate winning.

OrangeSe7en
02-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Yeah I don't see us being a serious contender to win it all, but winning a playoff series would be a real nice step forward for the franchise.

I think we're going to live and die with Gallinari. If he can mature and blossom into a great player, we'll be on our way. And I don't mean this year, but over time.

I actually think the Nuggets can make it to the NBA finals. I think the west is wide open. I think one of the worst matchups for Denver is if they have to face the Lakers. I'd just be worried about Gasol/Bynum against Nene/Mozgov or Harrington/Nene.

Teams don't rely on depth as much in the playoffs. They often shorten their rotations. Their front line players play more minutes. If a team like this has to face a team that pushes tempo all the time, like the Nuggets do/can, it can be a matchup nightmare. When players play more minutes, they budget their energy and fouls accordingly. I would just be concerned about Karl trying to play it like other teams and shorten his rotations and have the Nuggets play in the half court.

I think you're right though about Gallinari. If he can get back to that guy who's knocking down jumpers, driving to the basket, and going to the FT line, then it would be a huge help for the Nuggets.

Dutch
02-04-2012, 07:24 PM

Agreed. I also think that it is fair to look at Ty Lawson in the same light. If he can manage to mature as a PG quickly enough to take advantage of his current speed and quickness, we could be ridiculously good. Hope we get out of the house of horrors that is the Rose Garden tonight with a win.

Heyneck
02-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, that was a great game till the middle of the 4th against the heat last night.

Yeah, defense fell apart and open shots weren't going in. But you got to give props to the Heat. They play awesome defense too.

Heyneck
02-04-2012, 07:39 PM
The Nuggets bench is playing lights out for the season.They have a better bench than my 76ers. Both teams are like the same in a way. You never know who is getting the ball.

broncos-rock
02-08-2012, 04:33 PM
I feel bad for Chauncey! He says he's not retiring though. Motivated by the competition or money???

Rolandftw
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Hopefully, Denver can turn it around tonight. Been a brutal stretch for them...

SonOfLe-loLang
02-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Lin-sanity! :D

RhymesayersDU
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Good God this team took a nosedive in a hurry. ****.

NFLBRONCO
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Good God this team took a nosedive in a hurry. ****.

are we headed to the lottery

Baba Booey
02-09-2012, 09:55 PM
#LakeShow

24champ
02-09-2012, 11:39 PM
#LakeShow

**** Boston! ^5

Rolandftw
02-09-2012, 11:42 PM
are we headed to the lottery

Denver's had the softest schedule of the top 8 teams in the West, and is barely in right now. Sure looks like that at the moment.

Maybe Denver will continue to destroy the Eastern Conference though, and will get in on that.

bombay
02-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Can't remember the last time the Nuggets need one this bad. all hail King Corey. Also good to see Afflalo begin to play his way into shape.

RhymesayersDU
02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Yeah, AAA has been having a down year for sure, which sucks. If we can get healthy we can compete, but now Nene has a strained vagina so who knows if this team can ever get healthy.

Liked Koufos' play last night. I think we get Timo back for our next game.

BroncoMatt
02-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I think there is some leadership lacking on the floor for the Nuggets. I was hoping AAA would have been that guy who takes charge on the but he has been a very disappointing so far overall this year. I know anybody on the team can take the last shot but who wants the last shot? Young team looking for some identity still. #BlueandYellow

RhymesayersDU
02-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Well, LINSANITY continues to dominate. I'd imagine Knicks fans are having some fun right now.

Anyways, the Nuggies are up 20 with under 10 to go. I know it's just the Suns but it's still nice to play well and run a team out of the gym.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Well, LINSANITY continues to dominate. I'd imagine Knicks fans are having some fun right now.

Anyways, the Nuggies are up 20 with under 10 to go. I know it's just the Suns but it's still nice to play well and run a team out of the gym.

Im loving the linsanity. Us knick fans need this. 1999 was a long time ago.

ludo21
02-15-2012, 09:39 AM

w/o Nash and Hill

Suns conceded this one before we got to Denver. But exciting that the Nuggs won at least, since Im both teams fan lol

ludo21
02-15-2012, 09:40 AM
im really intrigued to see what happens when melo and amare come back

Ray Finkle
02-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Im loving the linsanity. Us knick fans need this. 1999 was a long time ago.

still mad at the Knicks for trading Starks....

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 10:44 AM
out here in cali i got a bunch of friends who have Lin Warrior Jerseys...they are pissed...all those Warrior games they went to chanting for Lin to play, for nothing..

by the way GO SPURS GO!!!

a winning streak longer than the Knicks right now, yet not one word on ESPN about them.

oubronco
02-15-2012, 10:45 AM
http://oi41.tinypic.com/35l4s2h.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
02-15-2012, 10:55 AM
im really intrigued to see what happens when melo and amare come back

Amare is already back. Im not too concerned about him because he's used to playing pick and roll...its anthony im concerned about since he's an iso player. A huge difference between a guy like Nash and Lin is that Lin takes A LOT of shots. If Anthony settles into a Shawn Marion role, than watch out...but will he?

We only have one ball

SonOfLe-loLang
02-15-2012, 10:57 AM
out here in cali i got a bunch of friends who have Lin Warrior Jerseys...they are pissed...all those Warrior games they went to chanting for Lin to play, for nothing..

by the way GO SPURS GO!!!

a winning streak longer than the Knicks right now, yet not one word on ESPN about them.

Thats not true...they mentioned it, but no one cares :D

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-15-2012, 11:22 AM

I'll let that crack slide since your the son of LeLo.

Did you ever get any of those "josh mcdaniels doesn't know Lelo Lang like I do" tshirts? I wonder if they are still selling those shirts on joshmcdanielssucks.c om

ludo21
02-15-2012, 11:23 AM

QFT!!

Screw the Spurs!!! :strong:

anthony will have a hard time adjusting I think. He is not the Matrix, but he can hit those spot up jumpers. It will be fun to see

SonOfLe-loLang
02-15-2012, 12:07 PM
QFT!!

Screw the Spurs!!! :strong:

anthony will have a hard time adjusting I think. He is not the Matrix, but he can hit those spot up jumpers. It will be fun to see

Yeah, he can if he wants to, thats for sure. Anthony obviously is an incredibly talented offensive player. Lookin forward to how it works

02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Mavs killing the Nuggets tonight. :D

OrangeCrush2724
02-16-2012, 07:43 AM
So who is the mid season MVP?

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-16-2012, 08:32 AM

LeBron has been a monster.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
LeBron has been a monster.

Jeremy Lin!

<kidding>

Gotta be Bron, he's been insane

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-16-2012, 09:51 AM

Lebron probably...but Durant has the Thunder and their players in pretty good shape.

Chris
02-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Nuggets are in limbo now. Not a top 5 team but not bad either. I almost wish they were in the lottery and got one more stud player.

I just hope Melo gets dumped to Orlando for Dwight Howard.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Nuggets are in limbo now. Not a top 5 team but not bad either. I almost wish they were in the lottery and got one more stud player.

Melo/Chandler for Turk/Howard would be a good trade.

But i'd like to see how Melo fits into this offense. if it clicks, watch out!

BroncoInferno
02-16-2012, 10:55 AM

If I'm the Knicks and feel convinced that Lin is the real deal, I call up Orlando and offer them Anthony and Chandler for Howard and J.J. Redick. It's probably about the best Orlando can do in a trade, and it gives the Knicks a big time post scorer and outside shooter to better compliment Lin's skills.

DENVERDUI55
02-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Melo is one of those players who teams will have a hard time winning with. He is TMAC of his day.

OrangeSe7en
02-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Did anyone see that ESPN used the word "Chink" in a head line after the Knicks lost to the Hornets?

RhymesayersDU
02-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Did anyone see that ESPN used the word "Chink" in a head line after the Knicks lost to the Hornets?

Yeah, I followed that on twitter/deadspin/etc. Really bad, and the apology was worse.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Another day another spurs win. Clippers blow it at the end of regulation and Neal draining timely 3s. All without Tiago.

OrangeSe7en
02-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Well ESPN fired the person who wrote the "Chink in the armor" headline even though it's supposed to go through a review process. It's typical that the lowest ranking person is the one who gets thrown under the bus.

bombay
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
JR played 30 minutes in his first Knicks game. Fifteen points, 3 boards, 3 assists and a steal. Knicks were +21 when he was on the court. +14 with Lin on the court, -19 (!) with Stoudemire.

OrangeCrush2724
02-19-2012, 05:38 PM
JR played 30 minutes in his first Knicks game. Fifteen points, 3 boards, 3 assists and a steal. Knicks were +21 when he was on the court. +14 with Lin on the court, -19 (!) with Stoudemire.

Can't wait for Knicks at Heat on Thursday. Looks like the rivalry is back!

ohiobronco2
02-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Kevin Durant.......Amazing.

RhymesayersDU
02-19-2012, 08:57 PM
My God, 2 heartbreakers in a row for the Nuggies.

On the one hand, it's nice to see them playing good basketball again after that horrendous stretch. On the other hand, we need to start winning some games.

But yeah, Durant is amazing. It's like Anchorman. "I'm not even mad, that's amazing."

Missouribronc
02-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Andre Miller cost Denver that game.

Dear George Karl,

Andre Miller sucks. Take him out. He's not better than your other pet favorites, Earl Boykins and Anthony Carter.

Get him the hell out of the lineup.

KCStud
02-19-2012, 10:01 PM
I was at the game tonight and I gotta hand it to George Karl. He's a great coach who can coach up his team.

Not really a fan of the guy with all the tattoo's tho.

I'm just thankful we have KD and Westbrook. Might be the best NBA tandem for years to come!:thumbs:

OrangeSe7en
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
I was at the game tonight and I gotta hand it to George Karl. He's a great coach who can coach up his team.

Not really a fan of the guy with all the tattoo's tho.

I'm just thankful we have KD and Westbrook. Might be the best NBA tandem for years to come!:thumbs:

I get the feeling that your name is a contraction for KCStupid. You should really start rolling with that apostrophe though. If you don't roll with KCStu'd, it's just confusing.

DENVERDUI55
02-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Knicks are better without Melo. He is one of those players who puts up big numbers but it's tough for a team to overcome the ball hog he is.

I wonder what the most pts scored and not lead your team in scoring is?

KCStud
02-19-2012, 11:56 PM
I get the feeling that your name is a contraction for KCStupid. You should really start rolling with that apostrophe though. If you don't roll with KCStu'd, it's just confusing.

lol sour grapes.

RhymesayersDU
02-20-2012, 06:13 AM
Andre Miller cost Denver that game.

Dear George Karl,

Andre Miller sucks. Take him out. He's not better than your other pet favorites, Earl Boykins and Anthony Carter.

Get him the hell out of the lineup.

What? The guy carried the team most of the game. Both his OT turnovers were killers, but you don't judge a guy based off 5 minutes. He had 21 points and 10 assists last night.

Grouping him with those other 2 players is laughable. What game were you watching?

Rolandftw
02-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Going with the same lineup for about 17 minutes likely cost Denver that game.

Denver needs to trade Andersen so Karl is forced to play Mozgov and Koufos. Know Harrington made a few big shots, but I'd be okay moving him as well.

Karenin
02-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Or they could just hire a coach who isn't bottom 3 in the NBA.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Knicks are better without Melo. He is one of those players who puts up big numbers but it's tough for a team to overcome the ball hog he is.

I wonder what the most pts scored and not lead your team in scoring is?

id like to see melo play before we just assume it wont work. I think it def can. He will get a lot of open looks in this offense now.

Missouribronc
02-20-2012, 03:29 PM
What? The guy carried the team most of the game. Both his OT turnovers were killers, but you don't judge a guy based off 5 minutes. He had 21 points and 10 assists last night.

Grouping him with those other 2 players is laughable. What game were you watching?

The guy is a ball hog who isn't good enough to be a ball hog. Poor shot selection and two crucial turnovers in the closing minutes of the game.

He sucks. I can't wait to get Fernandez back to take away some of his minutes.

RandyMoss84
02-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Greg Oden had surgery and is out for the season again, he needs to hang it up and focus on his health

broncswin
02-20-2012, 07:03 PM
I sure hope people sleep on the nuggs. These are tough times, but when chandler shows up and Gallo comes back this team will be one tough draw! Love the direction of this team....way to go FO. Just gotta stay in it till this team gets right.

broncswin
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
lol sour grapes.

Your probably right..I despise both teams you are dumb enough to cheer for!! Yep sour grapes..would be nice to get you in the playoffs again with our full team and good health..would be a closer series I think.

SoCalBronco
02-20-2012, 07:22 PM
lol sour grapes.

Sour grapes? He roots for a team that is better than your team. WTF does he have to sour about?

Moron.

Missouribronc
02-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Andre Miller adding nothing, as usual.

Stop defending him...

Missouribronc
02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
And then he gets thrown out...

Good grief.

KCStud
02-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Sour grapes? He roots for a team that is better than your team. WTF does he have to sour about?

Moron.

The Thunder are the best team in the west statistically. And we are better than the Nuggets even with Nene man c'mon don't be a homer.

SoCalBronco
02-20-2012, 09:19 PM
The Thunder are the best team in the west statistically. And we are better than the Nuggets even with Nene man c'mon don't be a homer.

Where did you get the Nuggets from? Orange7Seven is a Bulls fan and at full strength, the Bulls are better than the Thunder. The records are very similar at present...and that's with Rose missing 10 games and Rip Hamilton missing the majority of the season. If Durant had missed 10 games and another quality starter had missed most of the year, do you think the Thunder could still win about 75% of their games?

I didn't think so, either.

KCStud
02-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Your probably right..I despise both teams you are dumb enough to cheer for!! Yep sour grapes..would be nice to get you in the playoffs again with our full team and good health..would be a closer series I think.

Thunder are hurting too my friend. No Sefalosha, Harden missed half the game with an ankle injury and Maynor out for the year.

Thunder just have more star power is all.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-20-2012, 09:25 PM

Spurs are playing the best ball in the West right now. 11 games in a row, 7 straight games on the road. All wins. Ginobili hurt Splitter hurt.

That's depth.

KCStud
02-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Where did you get the Nuggets from? Orange7Seven is a Bulls fan and at full strength, the Bulls are better than the Thunder. The records are very similar at present...and that's with Rose missing 10 games and Rip Hamilton missing the majority of the season. If Durant had missed 10 games and another quality starter had missed most of the year, do you think the Thunder could still win about 75% of their games?

I see. I like the Bulls and really hope they beat the Heat. They have a great team and I would love to face them. Would be a fun game.

They present a big match-up problem for us though on the inside. Their depth is much better too, especially with Maynor being hurt.

KCStud
02-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Spurs are playing the best ball in the West right now. 11 games in a row, 7 straight games on the road. All wins. Ginobili hurt Splitter hurt.

That's depth.

Oh yeah they're makin some noise. Popovich has done a very good job there. I don't think they'll be able to keep up with us though. I think we have too much energy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Oh yeah they're makin some noise. Popovich has done a very good job there. I don't think they'll be able to keep up with us though. I think we have too much energy.

Who's us, OKC? Ya they definitely have the weapons but I liked how the spurs played them the first 2 games against each other. All comes down to injuries at the wrong time. Ginobili can't stay healthy but Parker is flat out ballin the entire month. Neal is stepping up and the rook Leanord plays outstanding D. Like Bowen type D. Gonna be interesting to see it play out.

I never thought they would go 9-0 on this 9 game road trip, but they already 7-0. Denver is gonna get the spurs at a good time for the nugs. 3 road games in 4 nights ending in Denver. I'd be surprised if Pop plays Duncan or Parker that game.

RhymesayersDU
02-20-2012, 10:39 PM

I like the Bulls a lot, but the East from a top-to-bottom standpoint is still weak. They wouldn't have the success without Rose in the West.

Again, not saying the Bulls aren't good but the Thunder play much better competition night in and night out. I think your record argument is at least a little bit flawed.

DENVERDUI55
02-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Regular season doesn't mean jack. Miami will smack down the Bulls and someone will get hot at right time and punch OKC right in the nuts.

Man-Goblin
02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Andre Miller adding nothing, as usual.

Stop defending him...

Why the Andre Miller hate? He has been pretty solid all year. Sure, he couldn't get his shot to fall last night (nobody could), but he still had 12 assists. Obviously, it was stupid of him to get thrown out, but that's very rare for him.

RhymesayersDU
02-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Why the Andre Miller hate? He has been pretty solid all year. Sure, he couldn't get his shot to fall last night (nobody could), but he still had 12 assists. Obviously, it was stupid of him to get thrown out, but that's very rare for him.

No dude, he's a ballhog despite leading the team in assists.

maven
02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
From what I've seen so far, the Heat will cruise to the chip easily.

maven
02-22-2012, 09:01 AM
I like the Bulls and really hope they beat the Heat.

Bulls cannot beat the Heat in a series. Team just isn't good enough.

Flex Gunmetal
02-22-2012, 09:07 AM

Was going to post this. He's not flashy but he's smart (save getting tossed the other evening), he's got hot at the right time and saved the team's ass in a couple games.

Ty's left ankle hurt again. Starting to look like some teams made the right choice letting him fall to denver in the draft. I love the kid's game, but he's always going to have ankle issues.

Karenin
02-22-2012, 09:20 AM
From what I've seen so far, the Heat will cruise to the chip easily.

How'd that work out for you last year?

Flex Gunmetal
02-22-2012, 09:40 AM
How'd that work out for you last year?

They are ripping teams apart. 6 consecutive double digit wins.
They need to figure out who's going to be the man late in the playoffs, if that's Wade, I like their chances. If it's lebronze, nothing would surprise me.

TonyR
02-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Wilson Chandler's list of possible destinations now extends beyond his former team in Denver, his agent, Chris Luchey, told SI.com.

Chandler, the five-year veteran and restricted free agent small forward who played in China during the lockout, visited Toronto on Tuesday and is considering joining the Raptors. Chandler is still waiting for his clearance to return to the NBA from the Chinese Basketball Association but was in Denver on Monday for a game against Minnesota, talking contract terms with Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri and even visiting his old locker room.

Luchey said the Raptors (9-23), who have salary cap room to add Chandler without the use of an exception, are in the mix and that he is talking to six other teams. Chandler made $2.1 million last season and had been hoping for a long-term deal with Denver

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/22/wilson.chandler/index.html

bombay
02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah, the Lin silliness is beginning to grind to a halt. Only in NY, the hype capital of the world, would this be taking place. The league is ajusting, they're paying attention to him, forcing him to his left, etc. The kid's a good player and might be capable of having a solid career if he's just allowed to play without the ridiculous expectations. 1-11 with 8 turnovers is terrible. He was also -19 during his time on the court.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

RhymesayersDU
02-26-2012, 10:11 AM
So I've been meaning to bring this up for like 2 weeks now, but let's talk Kenneth Faried. I'm so all-in on this guy. I'm ordering a t-shirt of his today methinks. I think the Nuggets really made a nice pick with this guy. He's not going to be the superstar, but he is going to be a very productive player I think.

Normally I don't "feel bad" for guys when things happen. Guys make shots, they miss shots, life goes on. But boy did I feel bad for Faried after that Memphis game. He throws up the double-double, he's instrumental in the Nuggets' comeback, and he doesn't box out the guy on the game winning tip in.

Anyways, I like the guy a lot, and in these games he's been given extended minutes, he's put up a few more double-doubles which is exactly what we need. It's funny, after that Memphis game I was ready to say that Faried should be given every minute allotted to Birdman, who has been pretty awful this year. Then that OKC game happened, where Birdman played like the guy during the WCF run. So I'm a little torn there. But I do think that when Nene and Gallo come back from injury, GK still needs to find a way to get Faried some minutes.

bombay
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Kobe's nose was broken and he was also concussed when douchebag wade made his cowardly attack from behind during the all star game.

Nuggets get back on the court tonight with everyone but Nene and Galinari back. Two of their top scorers and rebounders, but better than the mash unit that was playing before the break. We went to the San Antonio game the night before the break, and it's the only time I've ever seen them out of the game from the very beginning. It was 18-4 before Karl called timeout.

Also kind of interested in the knicks now that JR is there. It'll be interesting to see how things go for Lin - whether he can mesh with all the gunners now that they're back.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

SonOfLe-loLang
02-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah, the Lin silliness is beginning to grind to a halt. Only in NY, the hype capital of the world, would this be taking place. The league is ajusting, they're paying attention to him, forcing him to his left, etc. The kid's a good player and might be capable of having a solid career if he's just allowed to play without the ridiculous expectations. 1-11 with 8 turnovers is terrible. He was also -19 during his time on the court.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

That was his ONLY bad game so far. Also, it might be amplified because he's in NYC, but his taiwanese background has made this a world story

RhymesayersDU
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
No Rudy tonight, FYI.

bombay
02-29-2012, 12:25 PM
No Rudy tonight, FYI.

That sucks. The bozos on the radio this morning said he would play tonight.

RhymesayersDU
02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Well I'm going off Ben Hochman's tweets from this afternoon, presumably after shootaround.

Also of note, MAYBE we see Gallo this weekend.

BroncoMatt
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Well I'm going off Ben Hochman's tweets from this afternoon, presumably after shootaround.

Also of note, MAYBE we see Gallo this weekend.

What's your twitter handle? I'm @DonMateo72

Killericon
03-01-2012, 02:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bIMgY.gif

SonOfLe-loLang
03-01-2012, 02:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bIMgY.gif

haha awesome

03-04-2012, 12:20 PM
MAVEN?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/987717/20120304131625.jpg

03-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Maven?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/988078/kobefade.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/988110/kobe4.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/988206/kobelol.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/988166/sadwade_1.jpg

DENVERDUI55
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
That's a funny one of Wade. WHat about wearing the towel on his head? In reality it's only regular season so it doesn't matter who wins in the grand scheme of things.

03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/988286/wadesad.gif

24champ
03-04-2012, 06:16 PM
That's a funny one of Wade. WHat about wearing the towel on his head? In reality it's only regular season so it doesn't matter who wins in the grand scheme of things.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/Bubbas_album/dwhistle.jpg

24champ
03-04-2012, 06:19 PM
LOL

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p523/lakersmania/et-2.jpg

Dexter
03-04-2012, 06:21 PM
LOL

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p523/lakersmania/et-2.jpg

LOL You win the internet.

OrangeSe7en
03-04-2012, 06:26 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u133/Bubbas_album/dwhistle.jpg

It reminds me of that thing Kobe was wearing when he did that fashion shoot.

Dutch
03-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Great win by the Nugs tonight. Lawson played a fantastic game, 1 rebound away from a triple-double. Manimal just keeps getting better every game. Handed the Spurs only their third home loss of the year. God, am I glad they beat them....I can not stand the Spurs. Love the town of San Antonio, hate....I mean hate, the current Spurs. From whiner Duncan (you'll never be in the same class as "The Admiral", crybaby), to punk-ass Parker (the worst thing ever exported from France), to the "Flop Artist" Ginobili and all the BS calls they get every game..... I despise that team. Funny thing is, they used to be one of my favorites. I had the opportunity to meet and work with David Robinson when he was a Naval Lieutenant JG at the King's Bay Naval Submarine base in Georgia right before the Navy let him out of his commitment. One of the nicest, classiest people I've ever met, (he was a Civil Engineer in the Navy, and we had to interface with his people while setting up our local/wide area network for the Marine Security Guard detatchment at Kings Bay). Rooted for them (always second to our Nugs) for the remainder of his career. I felt the same way about Timmy (by association), but after a couple of years it became obvious he wasn't cut from the same cloth. Quality win for a team playing without several key players (Nene, Gallinari, Fernandez), and losing Mozgov again. Lawson and Faried are stars in the making (the announcers were floored with Kenneth's play...and the smile he was flashing the whole game:)). Talk is we should be getting Nene, Gallinari, and Fernandez back this week (maybe a couple of them as soon as tomorrow night against Sactown). I'd love to see us make a nice run and elevate our playoff position over then next couple of weeks. Either way, I like what the future has in store for this team.

RhymesayersDU
03-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Very unexpected win last night, and it was big. We can still claw our way into a high playoff seeding, but we need to win these conference game. Before the AS break our conference record was abysmal.

OrangeSe7en
03-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Well, the Sixers are super tough whenever they play the Bulls. They stayed i the game by only having 5 turnovers, and they actually outrebounded the Bulls, which is a rarity, even though Noah had 18 rebounds. Derrick Rose scored 35 points against one of the toughest defensive teams in the league. He also had 35 against Miami. So thats, 35 points against two of the top 5 defenses in the NBA. Even better, he made one of his amazing floaters during the last minute of the game when Philly was trying to come back.

I honestly can't decide who I would want in the 4 seed. I definitely want the Bulls to play Boston though.

RhymesayersDU
03-05-2012, 09:58 PM
I... can't even really comprehend what just happened at Pepsi Center.

BroncoLifer
03-05-2012, 10:06 PM

Me either.....glad the Nuggets won but another horrific/corrupt performance by NBA refs. They never cease to amaze, and not in a good way.

Dutch
03-05-2012, 10:09 PM

Weird game, down by 5 with 28 seconds left and we come away with a win. AAA had a great game, and the three free throws to tie the game were just clutch. Another huge game winner for that maxed out, reached his ceiling, nothing special Ty Lawson (right, whatever). Worst officiating (especially down the stretch) I've seen in a loooong time. Sactown was throwing up junk the whole game and it was all falling (looked like the Clippers game earlier this season). Whew....glad to get out with the win tonight. For as cold as we were shooting tonight, hell of a win.

spdirty
03-05-2012, 11:43 PM
If Tebow played basketball, this is what most Nugget games would be like.

Crazy game, glad we won.

extralife
03-06-2012, 12:00 AM
god, I'm really getting a lot of hate for my lawson stuff. ya'll act like I hate the guy.

Dutch
03-06-2012, 07:44 AM
god, I'm really getting a lot of hate for my lawson stuff. ya'll act like I hate the guy.

Sorry Bro', but you asked for it.:wave: No hate here, really. I just don't get how people can make these kind of sweeping judgements of a guy who is in only his third year in the league and second as a starter. I see a kid that is beginning to "get it" who, coupled with his speed and the style of ball the Nugs play, could develop into one of the top 5 PG's in the league. He has to stay healthy. That will be the challenge for him, I think. But to opine that he has somehow reached his ceiling in his third year is about as crazy as people saying the same thing about Tebow in year two. Folks have become waaaaay too impatient/judgemental with young players anymore. Blame it on the age of "Instant Gratification".

Man-Goblin
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Sorry Bro', but you asked for it.:wave: No hate here, really. I just don't get how people can make these kind of sweeping judgements of a guy who is in only his third year in the league and second as a starter. I see a kid that is beginning to "get it" who, coupled with his speed and the style of ball the Nugs play, could develop into one of the top 5 PG's in the league. He has to stay healthy. That will be the challenge for him, I think. But to opine that he has somehow reached his ceiling in his third year is about as crazy as people saying the same thing about Tebow in year two. Folks have become waaaaay too impatient/judgemental with young players anymore. Blame it on the age of "Instant Gratification".

Top 5 will be tough for a long time. In no particular order, you've got Rose, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo, Parker, and only Nash is at the real tail end of his career. But after that? You have to put Lawson in the argument for the top of that next tier with guys like Wall, Jennings, Conley (maybe?) and Kyrie Irving.

Flex Gunmetal
03-06-2012, 10:46 AM

well you made some awfully stupid posts regarding Lawson, this shouldn't be a surprise.

TonyR
03-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I see a kid that is beginning to "get it"...

Interestingly enough, for those who followed him in college, he really didn't fully "get it" at North Carolina until part way through his junior year. And his finally getting it was a major reason they won the national championship that year. He was simply the best player on the court.

SimonFletcher73
03-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Faried is already my favorite player on the team. Great game last night. Guarding Evans at the end of the game. You can tell he's just happy to be in the pros too. Great guy to cheer for.

Dutch
03-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Top 5 will be tough for a long time. In no particular order, you've got Rose, Paul, Williams, Westbrook, Rondo, Parker, and only Nash is at the real tail end of his career. But after that? You have to put Lawson in the argument for the top of that next tier with guys like Wall, Jennings, Conley (maybe?) and Kyrie Irving.

I completely agree. Really an interesting/great era for point guards in the NBA right now. I just think Ty has an great opportunity to be one of the top PGs in the league due to the style of ball the Nugs play. Not that he would be the same on a different team, but for what we do he is a great fit.

Dutch
03-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Interestingly enough, for those who followed him in college, he really didn't fully "get it" at North Carolina until part way through his junior year. And his finally getting it was a major reason they won the national championship that year. He was simply the best player on the court.

Yep, I'm seeing the same kind of maturation in his game now at the next level and don't see any reason it can't continue (barring injury and Miller slowing his growth).

Dutch
03-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Faried is already my favorite player on the team. Great game last night. Guarding Evans at the end of the game. You can tell he's just happy to be in the pros too. Great guy to cheer for.

This LOL! I usually go to Phoenix every March during the tourney to spend time with and help out my folks (not going to make it this year due to some noise that has to be dealt with here in Atlanta, bummer). Last year my Dad and I enjoyed the hell out of watching Morehouse State and Faried with both of us hoping our team would land him (Dad is a Suns fan with the Nugs a close second now that Melo is gone). Kid was our favorite player in the tourney last year and I was stoked when we picked him. We are putting together a nice base of young players to move forward with. Ty, Kenneth, and Danillo being the nucleus. The great thing for me is that they are all easy guys to root for. Kenneth just looks like he is soooo happy to be playing in the league and seems to have a great attitude to boot.

bombay
03-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Jeremy Lin is rapidly returning to journeyman/wallflower status. I hope he made enough of an impression to start the rest of this season, and be sure of a job going forward, whether it ends up being in NY or not.

ohiobronco2
03-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Kyrie Irving is the closer LeBron James wishes he was. Wow. Kid can ball.

OrangeSe7en
03-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Kyrie Irving is the closer LeBron James wishes he was. Wow. Kid can ball.

I read somewhere that the Cavs are aiming at signing Omer Asik.

Tim
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
lucky game by the nugs

spdirty
03-13-2012, 09:51 PM
LOL extremely lucky. Gallo shot, Hinrich missing the free throw, and Pechulia missing the open layup.

bombay
03-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Carmelo fired Mike D'Antoni today. I guess you can't fire all - make that most - of the players.

03-14-2012, 10:54 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/rw5i4i.jpg

SoCalBronco
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Maven?

OrangeSe7en
03-15-2012, 09:06 AM
So last night it was Lucas who went over LeBron. Actually, LeBron played a great game and so did Wade. This stuff from LeBron about not taking the Bulls seriously because Rose was out is garbage. It was a chance for them to reel in the Bulls and their big guns were on their game. Not only that but from about 2:30 to the end of the game, Miami almost never missed a shot. They forced the Bulls to hit free throws, which they did.

On the game, Miami shot .447 as a team and were .500 from three. They also shot .870 from the line. These are very respectable numbers and the Bulls are a top 3 defense, so you can hardly say that Miami didn't play well.

They even put LeBron on Lucas at the end of the game after he had gone off. So where are the indications that the Heat didn't take the Bulls seriously? The Bulls got back on defense last night and made Miami play half court. Miami wasnt running a lot.

bfoflcommish
03-15-2012, 01:54 PM
NENE TRADED, THANK GOD!!!!!!!!! toosoft and too much money on bench

ITS MANIMAL TIME!@!

Natedog24
03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Time to switch to my Timbers avatar :(

DBroncos4life
03-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Cavs added some much needed turds to the bench.

RhymesayersDU
03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Back from my vacation, I almost did a backflip in my office when the Nene trade happened. We may not have the talent to run with the top teams, but so far IMO our management has this franchise in the right direction. The Melo trade was great, the Faried pick was great, and now this is another great trade. Nene blows, 67 mil for a guy with career averages of 12 & 7 and always hurt? Good riddance.

RhymesayersDU
03-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Wilson Chandler resigns finally, $37 million for remainder of this season and the next four. Not bad.

RhymesayersDU
03-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Anybody watch the game last night?

The Nuggets are simply not good, but good God do we find ways to pull wins out of our asses.

Ray Finkle
03-22-2012, 06:16 AM
Wilson Chandler resigns finally, $37 million for remainder of this season and the next four. Not bad.

money well wasted on Chandler.....

RhymesayersDU
03-22-2012, 08:23 AM
I disagree. He's not bad and the contract is reasonable for the club.

rideco
03-22-2012, 08:30 AM
I just hope George can talk some since to McGee and divert him from his knuckle headed ways. Did you guys see that dunk to win the game last night WOW. Gordan goes 9/10 from 3 and hangs 45 on the nuggets. unreal that they pulled that game out.

maven
03-22-2012, 08:33 AM
I disagree. He's not bad and the contract is reasonable for the club.

That's a lot of coin for a player who isn't taking the team to the next level. Looking at the Nuggets there's no hope for a deep run in the playoffs this season and multiples in the future.

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 08:34 AM

Dude is a beast, love it

lolcopter
03-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Anybody watch the game last night?

The Nuggets are simply not good, but good God do we find ways to pull wins out of our asses.

Crazy finish. Can't believe we pulled off the W with Gordon kicking our ass all game. Our defense on the perimeter is TERRIBLE

maven
03-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Heat win again!

http://www.cavstheblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/LEbron-James-heat-Bulls.jpeg

maven
03-23-2012, 10:06 PM
http://www.miamihoopsgear.com/adidas-Miami-HEAT-LeBron-James--Adult-Floridians-Swingman-Jersey/PACIADJLPCDJCBJO/product

Picked up one of these bad boys!

maven
03-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Heat will be in the finals easily. Who's facing them out west? Yeah, nobody.

Dutch
03-23-2012, 10:50 PM

Not looking like the Nugs. Down 16 to the Jazz right now....ugh.

SoonerBronco
03-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Maven...Thunder up! What a beat down....looks like the Heat had too much burning the night before!

DENVERDUI55
03-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Newsflash Kevin Love is a monster. Wow I never saw this out of this guy watching him at UCLA.

maven
03-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Maven...Thunder up! What a beat down....looks like the Heat had too much burning the night before!

The Heat are not winning the big games lately. They will be fine come playoffs.

oubronco
03-26-2012, 08:55 AM

Probably the team that handed them their asses Sunday.................The Thunder!!

SoonerBronco
03-30-2012, 09:18 AM
The Heat are not winning the big games lately. They will be fine come playoffs.

Maven, your logic is a tad off...teams that win big games now usually win them in the playoffs.

SoonerBronco
03-30-2012, 09:25 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SCF1HgjQQWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SoonerBronco
04-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Thunder UP! Memphis tonight, in Miami on Wednesday...

RhymesayersDU
04-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Beat Memphis plzzzzzz.

Tombstone RJ
04-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Didn't the Heat just get abused by the Celtics, like for realzzz?

broncos-rock
04-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Beat Memphis plzzzzzz.

What's the deal with the birdman? Three games in a row dnp coaches decision

SoCalBronco
04-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Maven?

Beantown Bronco
04-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Maven?

Good luck with that. He's hiding.

maven
04-14-2012, 12:38 AM
The heat just stomped the bobcats by 23! Cruising just fine to the playoffs

:egbgb::egbgb::egbgb:

maven
04-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Who is going to be the first playoff suckas? Knicks or Philly. Doesn't matter, chip coming to south beach this year

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Dwight Howard is out indefinitely and they don't really have a post player other than him. Orlando could end up sinking like a stone over the next 7 games. A Howard-less Orlando could end up at 7, 8, or even out of the playoffs.

One team in the East that gets no respect is Indiana. They're a virtual lock as the 3 seed. I don't see Atlanta or Boston catching them. Then you look at the Celtics who get too much respect. It seems like this is a case of the media overhyping the more popular team.

As a division leader and being 3 games up on NYK and Philly, Boston seems to be a virtual lock for the 4 seed.

So basically, it seems like it's extremely likely that the top 4 seeds in the east will be: 1. Chicago; 2. Miami; 3. Indiana; 4. Boston

Or, am I wrong about how it works for seeding division leaders? I keep seeing Boston at the 4 even though they're a game behind Atlanta due to the fact that they're leading their division and Atlanta isn't.

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 07:13 AM
Another thing: The Maloofs are a bunch of scumbags.

maven
04-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Dwight Howard is out indefinitely and they don't really have a post player other than him. Orlando could end up sinking like a stone over the next 7 games. A Howard-less Orlando could end up at 7, 8, or even out of the playoffs.

One team in the East that gets no respect is Indiana. They're a virtual lock as the 3 seed. I don't see Atlanta or Boston catching them. Then you look at the Celtics who get too much respect. It seems like this is a case of the media overhyping the more popular team.

As a division leader and being 3 games up on NYK and Philly, Boston seems to be a virtual lock for the 4 seed.

So basically, it seems like it's extremely likely that the top 4 seeds in the east will be: 1. Chicago; 2. Miami; 3. Indiana; 4. Boston

Or, am I wrong about how it works for seeding division leaders? I keep seeing Boston at the 4 even though they're a game behind Atlanta due to the fact that they're leading their division and Atlanta isn't.

If I remember correctly, The Spurs/Mavs? had the best record a few years back and were in the same division. Thus one would be the 1st seed and the other 4. The NBA made a stupid knee jerk reaction and changed it to best records via conference. That was the end of "divisions" and all was placed on conference records.

Doesn't matter though

Heat with the chip

http://wallpaperflow.com/wallpaper/miami-heat-wallpaper-1.png

Gonna be a fun playoffs. Ya'll losin

phibacka31
04-14-2012, 08:58 PM

THANK YOU....
I'm a lifetime Pacers fan and they get no love. They don't really have a superstar, but they have 5-6 guys in double figures every night. Paul George is going to be a beast in a year or two. I love George Hill. Getting barbosa made our second string that much more electric. I;ve got my fingers crossed...

SoCalBronco
04-14-2012, 09:20 PM
If I remember correctly, The Spurs/Mavs? had the best record a few years back and were in the same division. Thus one would be the 1st seed and the other 4. The NBA made a stupid knee jerk reaction and changed it to best records via conference. That was the end of "divisions" and all was placed on conference records.

Doesn't matter though

Heat with the chip

http://wallpaperflow.com/wallpaper/miami-heat-wallpaper-1.png

Gonna be a fun playoffs. Ya'll losin

Get ready to hang your Eastern Conference finalist banner.

maven
04-14-2012, 10:17 PM
Heat will not choke like the pens come playoff time

maven
04-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Miami wins 4 in a row. Winning at the right time? Why yes, I think so. Bring on the knicks.

Anikai
04-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Sorry I didnt hear your call my phone has no ring its in Lebron mode.

oubronco
04-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Metta World Peace? Really?

maven
04-19-2012, 09:17 PM
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/LeBron+James+Miami+Heat+v+Boston+Celtics+D9AmqLz92 4Kl.jpg

MVP! MVP! MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:egbgb::egbgb::egbgb::egbgb::egbgb:

maven
04-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh, and 5 in a row.

DENVERDUI55
04-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Maven is the new Llama! Will he still be here when the heat lose is the only question?

maven
04-20-2012, 09:05 PM
I'll be here all the way to the chip being raised on south beach.

:strong:

bombay
04-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm starting to think that Massai and Kroenke are one of the smartest GM combos in the league.

bombay
04-22-2012, 08:51 PM
The Nuggets are 14-2 against the East. Too bad we don't get to play all of those crap teams in the playoffs. The losses, oddly, are to Cleveland and Toronto.

OrangeSe7en
04-22-2012, 09:17 PM
The Nuggets are 14-2 against the East. Too bad we don't get to play all of those crap teams in the playoffs. The losses, oddly, are to Cleveland and Toronto.

No offense but if Denver played the top 5 teams in the east, it would likely be a struggle. One game during a 66 game season over 3 or 4 months is nothing.

Tim
04-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Who do you want the Nugs to play: Lakers, Thunder or Clippers?

Chris
04-22-2012, 09:19 PM

Do you dress up as David Beckham on South Beach?

SoCalBronco
04-22-2012, 09:21 PM

If by chip you mean an Eastern Conference Finalist banner. That's the only "chip" the Heat will be getting.

broncswin
04-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Lakers..though bynum is an animal, we match up better with them over the other two. Then the spurs, because we have a terrible mental block with the thunder. Durant is the real mvp maven

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Spurs keep on winning and no one cares. Just like they like it.

maven
04-22-2012, 11:38 PM
I'm starting to think that Massai and Kroenke are one of the smartest GM combos in the league.

No star power=no deep run into the playoffs. The Nuggies are doing all right though. At least they made the playoffs 9 straight years.

maven
04-22-2012, 11:40 PM
If by chip you mean an Eastern Conference Finalist banner. That's the only "chip" the Heat will be getting.

The Heat will be fine getting to the finals. No real threat in the EAST. We'll see who the Heat play.

maven
04-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Lakers..though bynum is an animal, we match up better with them over the other two. Then the spurs, because we have a terrible mental block with the thunder. Durant is the real mvp maven

I like Durant. Lebron is better.

maven
04-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Do you dress up as David Beckham on South Beach?

Yes I like to dress sexy.

maven
04-22-2012, 11:42 PM

I would think the Clips would be the best option out of the 3.

maven
04-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Spurs keep on winning and no one cares. Just like they like it.

Nobody cares cuz they'll suck in the playoffs.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-23-2012, 12:14 AM

Im a knicks fan (and i know people hate Melo on the board but he's been INSANE), but i don't know how you honestly believe the bolded. LeBron is having a historic season. He's been insane.

TonyR
04-23-2012, 07:24 AM
Here's Simmons latest take on MVP:

1. LeBron James: Leads Miami in points (27.1), rebounds (7.9) and assists (6.3); finished with a 30+ PER for the third time (it's only happened 16 times, and only seven players have done it; first-team All-Defense; best player on one of the league's three best teams. Slightly better than the dreaded "somebody had to win it" MVP season I think he's earned a five-pound trophy (and not the Wimbledon platter).

2. Chris Paul: Quality numbers (19.4 PPG, 9.0 APG, 2.5 SPG, 48/37/86 shooting splits, third in PER) coupled with ludicrously good crunch-time numbers (only Chris ranks top-five for points-per-48 minutes AND top 10 for assists-per-48 minutes, backing up the whole "Chris does everything for them in crunch time" notion), and that's before you throw in the "helped keep the Clips together in mid-March when they were quitting on Vinny Del Negro" and "Oh, in case you forgot, the Clips have always been the league's laughingstock" parts. Chris Paul single-handedly gave the Clippers credibility. Read that sentence again.

3. Kevin Durant: Had a two-week window in which he could have hijacked LeBron's MVP and couldn't pull it off. Here's why I ranked Paul ahead of Durant: If you replaced Paul with, say, Jrue Holiday, they finish 19-47. But if you replaced Durant with, say, Thaddeus Young? Don't the Zombies still finish .500 or better?

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7836691/welcome-back-mailbag

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Nobody cares cuz they'll suck in the playoffs.

That's what people said during all 4 titles. Especially their last one. This team is deeper than the 2003 team by far. Their entire bench could start as a playoff team. Jackson Neal Blair ginobili diaw. That lineup is better than over half the league.

Jason in LA
04-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Why is Maven talking in this thread?

OrangeCrush2724
04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
That's what people said during all 4 titles. Especially their last one. This team is deeper than the 2003 team by far. Their entire bench could start as a playoff team. Jackson Neal Blair ginobili diaw. That lineup is better than over half the league.

Yeah, the spurs look crazy good. That is going to be tough team to beat in the playoffs. The 2nd round of the playoffs is going to be fun to watch.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah, the spurs look crazy good. That is going to be tough team to beat in the playoffs. The 2nd round of the playoffs is going to be fun to watch.

Should be interesting who comes out of the west. People don't hear much about spurs so they just assume its the same old team. This team is far different that last years. For one ginobili isn't going into the 1st round with a broken elbow like last year. The depth is crazy. Spurs are the only team to win their back to back to backs.

maven
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Should be interesting who comes out of the west. People don't hear much about spurs so they just assume its the same old team. This team is far different that last years. For one ginobili isn't going into the 1st round with a broken elbow like last year. The depth is crazy. Spurs are the only team to win their back to back to backs.

The West is definitely interesting to watch in the playoffs. East is already settled. Who's going to face the Heat?

maven
04-23-2012, 01:35 PM
LeBron is having a historic season. He's been insane.

I know right. He's doing EVERYTHING. He's best on planet right now.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 03:00 PM
The West is definitely interesting to watch in the playoffs. East is already settled. Who's going to face the Heat?

It does seem to be the heat in the east. I don't see Chicago being a problem for them.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Looks like the Spurs take the top seed in the west. They clinch it with a win tonight. Up by 20 against Portland. Last year they stumbled and sputtered in with injuries. This year they are steam rolling in.

maven
04-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Looks like the Spurs take the top seed in the west. They clinch it with a win tonight. Up by 20 against Portland. Last year they stumbled and sputtered in with injuries. This year they are steam rolling in.

I'm just glad the playoffs are finally here. Now the real season begins!

:sunshine:

bombay
04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Artest deserves at least a 20 game suspension. That could easily have been a Rudy Tomjonavich situation.

TDmvp
04-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Artest is a total Pos ... as a Pacers fan I hate the guy with a passion.

He's lucky this doesn't end up in court considering he gave the guy a concussion.

How does Harden know what ramifications that injury will result in later in life? ...
It just seems like with all the hub bub over concussions right now with the lawsuit in the NFL it would seem like giving someone a concussion in a non game action like Ron did could get you charged with assault.

I don't know if I think that is what should happen but you would think that it could.

TDmvp
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Suspended 7 games ... Should have been more.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-04-24/Metta-World-Peace-suspended-7-games-for-violent-elbow/54514724/1

maven
04-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Suspended 7 games ... Should have been more.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-04-24/Metta-World-Peace-suspended-7-games-for-violent-elbow/54514724/1

Thought that was kinda weak. But, he will miss the 1st round of the playoffs(unless the series goes 7). Right now it's versus the Nuggies. Good news for nuggie fans.

maven
04-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Looks like the Jazz are going to clinch the 8th seed.

maven
04-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Now that the Nash era is done in PHX, he should come to miami this summer

maven
04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Man, Grant Hill is going to be 40 this year.

maven
04-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Playoffs start tomorrow!!!!

woot woot!

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2012, 01:25 PM
The draft is so underwhelming, who feels like ignoring it and talking about the NBA playoffs, which start today?

I think the Pacers are a stealthy team. It wouldn't surprise me if they made it to the finals.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Maybe Evan Turner will shut his worthless mouth now.

Stay down, biatch.

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Maybe Evan Turner will shut his worthless mouth now.

Stay down, biatch.

Probably not. He and Rose have a history going back to HS. Before their teams played each other, Turner ran his mouth and then Rose took over the game. 4 or so years later, Turner is doing it again.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Thunder Up Baby!!!

socalorado
04-28-2012, 01:32 PM
LeFraud and the heat will get biotch slapped by CHI.
Lakers will win the west and play CHI.

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Damn. Rose just went down.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2012, 01:41 PM
He'll be fine, hopefully.

OrangeSe7en
04-28-2012, 01:42 PM
He'll be fine, hopefully.

I don't know. It didn't look good. Hopefully, he reacted that way because it was something minor and he just got scared.

ludo21
04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't mind if Rose is down, I want the Sixers to go through ;D

but he is fun to watch............

GO knicks btw!

JJG
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
He's good, no doubt, but Labron James is flopping around like a european soccer player today

bombay
04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Miami is crushing ny, 84-48

Carmelo is 3-15, knicks are -35 with him on the court. Yikes.