PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 10:38 PM
http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/david-stern-lottery.jpg

RIGGED

Um, that's the same douche who nixed the CP3 to L.A. trade.

http://i49.tinypic.com/29csaw4.jpg

KCStud
08-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Um, that's the same douche who nixed the CP3 to L.A. trade.

http://i49.tinypic.com/29csaw4.jpg

I ****ing hate it that Steve Nash is a Laker. He's the coolest player in the league. At least he'll get his trophy tho.

ohiobronco2
08-09-2012, 10:39 PM
http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/david-stern-lottery.jpg

RIGGED

No way. They didn't get Paul last year. :Whaaaa!:

ohiobronco2
08-09-2012, 10:41 PM
I ****ing hate it that Steve Nash is a Laker. He's the coolest player in the league. At least he'll get his trophy tho.

Steve Nash is the man. That's another reason to root for the Lakers.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
It's been a long time since I've had this much fun watching Sports Center on BSPN.

It's non-stop Lakers and Peyton Manning coverage.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Steve Nash is the man. That's another reason to root for the Lakers.

He was the man to hate in L.A. for many years.

It's going to be weird seeing him in purple and gold...but I'm sure we'll get used to it. ;D

24champ
08-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I think Jerry West is the best GM ever, but Mitchy is making a damn good case here.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-10-2012, 12:45 AM
I think Jerry West is the best GM ever, but Mitchy is making a damn good case here.

Yep, it's hard to top Logo and a Kobe/Shaq signing, but Mitch is closing fast!

http://whatdoumeme.com/media/created/a14zo4.jpg

Beantown Bronco
08-10-2012, 06:33 AM
Lakers just traded for titles No. 17 and 18. Which will tie and past the Celtics. I bet the folks in Boston are really pissed about this one.

Bah, they'll find a way to blow it.

ohiobronco2
08-10-2012, 08:34 AM
He was the man to hate in L.A. for many years.

It's going to be weird seeing him in purple and gold...but I'm sure we'll get used to it. ;D

Not only is he a great player, but he's a likeable guy. I don't want the Heat to win, so I'll pull for the field. :)

SonOfLe-loLang
08-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Its gonna be real interesting to see how these guys play together.

DENVERDUI55
08-10-2012, 09:17 AM
At least I won't have to watch the NBA this season. That league and their BS trades are a joke.

RhymesayersDU
08-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Cool story, bro.

TonyR
08-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Bill Simmons' reaction:

Is this some kind of joke? That was the whole trade? Hold on, I need to read up on this. Give me a second. Go to the bathroom or something.

(Frantically Googling "Dwight Howard Lakers.")

(Reading.)

(Getting mad.)

(Getting madder.)

(Throwing things.)

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8254854/mailbag

TonyR
08-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Simmons on the Nuggets:

WINNER: Masai Ujiri When the Lakers, Sixers and Magic couldn't work out a three-teamer, that led to this moment:

Ujiri [on a conference call]: "So lemme get this straight … you're asking me to flip the Afflalo/Harrington contracts and a future protected pick into one of the league's best defensive players and someone who makes me even more athletic and more defensively frightening? [Prolonged silence as he repeatedly pumps his fist.] No, I didn't hang up, I'm still here … "

He's on the short list of super-respected GMs now. Every move he's made for two solid years has made total sense. If everyone in the NBA was that smart, then nobody would ever trade, and my column would be 27 percent worse.

WINNER: Nuggets fans In less than two years, they went from watching a moody ball stopper who didn't want to be there (Carmelo) to an entertaining nucleus of Ty Lawson, Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee, Danilo Gallinari, Kenneth Faried, Wilson Chandler, Andre Miller and … (wait for it) … Timofey Mozgov! Love the defensive potential, love the athleticism, love the mix of personalities. That's a nice team. You pull the Lakers and Oklahoma City out of their conference and they'd be right back in that thing.

BroncoInferno
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
The Magic overplayed their hand big-time. This trade sucks. They could have had Lopez, Humphries and multiple unprotected 1st round picks for Howard. Not great, maybe, but if the deal goes down as reported, they got raped. Three protected 1st rounders that at best will be middle of the round, a couple of decent players, and they didn't dump Hedo's contract. Pathetic return. They should have taken the Nets deal.

Jason in LA
08-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Bah, they'll find a way to blow it.

That's what you're hoping for. And hope doesn't get anybody far. ;D

eff1ngham
08-10-2012, 09:38 AM
I like it. I think he's an upgrade talent wise. I didn't mind AAA's contract, only 7.5 per, but Harrington was making 6+ and I didn't think he was worth half of it.

Iggy will make 14 this year, 15.9 (I believe) next season which is a player option. I assume he'll exercise that option.

Al Bucket's deal was pretty bad. And while he was awesome coming off the bench and was a good team player last year, I wonder if he could do it again at the same level. I don't mind losing his contract. but AAA had a manageable long-term deal, and AI is much more expensive. I loved AAA and am sad to see him go, but if Wilson Chandler can do what AAA did, at least on offense, then I'll be okay.

On the plus side, it makes room for Quincey Miller, and AI is one of the best perimeter defenders out there (IMO our biggest weakness last year), and in theory he could cover Kobe and Durant, and is most likely a better scoring option than AAA. My hope is that he loves playing here since we're basically the same style of team as Philly with possibly more talent overall and can work out a manageable deal after his player option.

Now we just need everyone to stay healthier than they did last year Uhh

Rohirrim
08-10-2012, 09:39 AM
http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/c3/c318d3fbbd8220607bb98e4b9f1c3345.jpg

;D

DENVERDUI55
08-10-2012, 09:39 AM

After this whole saga I hope his back throws in the towel on this clown.

Beantown Bronco
08-10-2012, 09:57 AM

My friend Andy would disagree.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9K30e9O3Nng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jason in LA
08-10-2012, 10:08 AM
My friend Andy would disagree.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9K30e9O3Nng" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, no good thing ever does. But that doesn't include the Celtics having the most titles. ;D

I'm changing my stance on hope. Since I was a little kid I've hoped that the Lakers would catch and pass the Celtics in titles, and now it is on the verge of happening. This is awesome!!!

Beantown Bronco
08-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Since I was a little kid I've hoped that the Lakers would catch and pass the Celtics in titles, and now it is on the verge of happening. This is awesome!!!

I heard the same thing a few years ago....and then the Cs went on to win yet another title.

24champ
08-10-2012, 10:40 AM
That is the primary goal here, to pass the Celtics in Championships.

Kobe on the move...

Well, it looks like Superman has found a home. I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I’m gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I’m focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious..

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6r2atPGnh1r91g01.gif

ludo21
08-10-2012, 11:30 AM
I think i might actually stop following the nba.. damnit

.......everyday

OBF1
08-11-2012, 03:55 PM
This is why the Lakers are the best franchise in the NBA.... Makes the haters hate, Perfect I say. Another great job by Mitch and a steal for the Lakers.

maven
08-11-2012, 07:44 PM
That is the primary goal here, to pass the Celtics in Championships.

Kobe on the move...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6r2atPGnh1r91g01.gif

Kobe looks old and slow. Steve Nash is old. Gasol is old. Howard can't shoot on offense.

We will see...

Oh, and the best basketball player on the planet plays in Miami

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/lebron-james-finals-trophy-530x297.jpg

maven
08-11-2012, 07:46 PM
http://cdn.robgonda.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/image001.jpg

OBF1
08-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Kobe looks old and slow. Steve Nash is old. Gasol is old. Howard can't shoot on offense.

We will see...

Oh, and the best basketball player on the planet plays in Miami

Old and slow Kobe 2nd in the league in scoring.

Old Nash was 2nd in assists

Howard #1 in fg % and rebounds, best big man in the NBA and defense.

Gasol is good for a double double every night.

I am so glad you keep up on your sports, Do not want to come across as a dumb ass :thumbs:

maven
08-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Old and slow Kobe 2nd in the league in scoring.
WAS
Another year of getting older and wear and tear
Old Nash was 2nd in assists
WAS
He's not getting any younger
Howard #1 in fg % and rebounds, best big man in the NBA and defense.
Can shoot around the rim, his offense sucks compared to Bynum.
Gasol is good for a double double every night.
Old
I am so glad you keep up on your sports, Do not want to come across as a dumb ass :thumbs:
I do. Just pointing out the Lakers are overrated as usual. Laughing at people predicting multiple chips.

SoCalBronco
08-11-2012, 10:01 PM
A Lakers vs. Heat Final would be awful. I'd be forced to root for the Heat, which makes me sick.

OBF1
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I do. Just pointing out the Lakers are overrated as usual. Laughing at people predicting multiple chips.

You are right.............. You do

TheChamp24
08-11-2012, 11:00 PM
This makes me think back to when the Yankees traded for Alex Rodriguez.
The NBA sickens me with how little parity there is. Its the worst of the 4 major sports in terms of this, by far.
Teams can't keep their talent, and give it away to at least get something it seems.
The past 25 years, # of different teams winning the championship:
NFL - 13
MLB - 16
NHL - 15
NBA - 8

It boggles my mind how little parity in the free agency world of today there exists in basketball.

cutthemdown
08-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Lakers over rated? No way they are loaded and have a very dangerous roster. Seriously the defense is going to be sick.

Jason in LA
08-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Funny thing is that he said that they are overrated, as usual. Like they haven't won any titles in recent years. He's just talking just to be talking. It's called fear.

Bronco Yoda
08-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cutthemdown
08-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Funny thing is that he said that they are overrated, as usual. Like they haven't won any titles in recent years. He's just talking just to be talking. It's called fear.

The best think IMO is how this helps Gasol. IMO Gasol better with a more athletic center that moves around more. The lack of movement by Bynum, IMO, sort of made more traffic for Gasol. I think he will get freed up defensively, have more room under basket, and score easier this yr. The combo of the athletic Howard at center, the pinpoint passing of Nash, is really going to cover for the fact Gasol can play a little soft something.

cutthemdown
08-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Also Jason I think Antwan Jamison will really be a great lead scorer on our 2nd unit. The lakers have everything a team could want except youth. IMO thats the only thing that could sink them, being too old.

ChampJesusBailey
08-12-2012, 02:10 AM
Stuff like this is why the NBA is a joke and a waste of time unless you're a fan of a big market team. Didn't we just go through a lock out to prevent stuff like this?

cutthemdown
08-12-2012, 08:20 AM
I can see why non Laker fans think its a joke. We always get the best center at some point. FA flock, they have the money. Hard to compete with the big city teams in bball.

Okla city doing well though.

Tombstone RJ
08-12-2012, 08:29 AM
This makes me think back to when the Yankees traded for Alex Rodriguez.
The NBA sickens me with how little parity there is. Its the worst of the 4 major sports in terms of this, by far.
Teams can't keep their talent, and give it away to at least get something it seems.
The past 25 years, # of different teams winning the championship:
NFL - 13
MLB - 16
NHL - 15
NBA - 8

It boggles my mind how little parity in the free agency world of today there exists in basketball.

Stern doesn't care about parity. He cares about TV contracts and the big markets having the talent. He knows where the money is and he allows the NBA to cater to the big markets which is why the draft lottery is a joke and the refs make sure the calls go certain ways during games.

It's a big crap sandwich IMHO.

OrangeCrush2724
08-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Stern doesn't care about parity. He cares about TV contracts and the big markets having the talent. He knows where the money is and he allows the NBA to cater to the big markets which is why the draft lottery is a joke and the refs make sure the calls go certain ways during games.

It's a big crap sandwich IMHO.

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and company play in a smaller market than the Timberwolves (#15 Minneapolis has 1.754 million homes) and Pistons (#11 market Detroit has 1.884)

The teams in the five largest NBA markets (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Dallas) have a combined winning percentage of .557. By comparison, the league’s five smallest markets (Milwaukee, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Memphis and New Orleans) have a combined winning percentage of .591.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2011/03/nba-market-size-numbers-game/

RhymesayersDU
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and company play in a smaller market than the Timberwolves (#15 Minneapolis has 1.754 million homes) and Pistons (#11 market Detroit has 1.884)

The teams in the five largest NBA markets (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Dallas) have a combined winning percentage of .557. By comparison, the league’s five smallest markets (Milwaukee, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Memphis and New Orleans) have a combined winning percentage of .591.

Besides this, it's all about good GMs versus bad GMs. The league is set up so that good GMs can take advantage of bad GMs very easily. Orlando has poor management, they finally panicked, and they got a terrible deal. They could have had younger players, salary cap relief, and 4 unprotected first round picks. They chose to pass.

I know it's easy to bitch about the Lakers, but this all lays at the feet of the Orlando Magic's management. They're idiots.

OrangeCrush2724
08-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Besides this, it's all about good GMs versus bad GMs. The league is set up so that good GMs can take advantage of bad GMs very easily. Orlando has poor management, they finally panicked, and they got a terrible deal. They could have had younger players, salary cap relief, and 4 unprotected first round picks. They chose to pass.

I know it's easy to b**** about the Lakers, but this all lays at the feet of the Orlando Magic's management. They're idiots.

Agreed. And teams with good GM's, who draft well and sign the right players, and don't get into bad contracts, find themselves in the NBA Finals; regardless of the market size. So it can be done. Ofcourse, being in a DESIRED location (not necessarily big market) helps a lot also.

Jason in LA
08-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Stuff like this is why the NBA is a joke and a waste of time unless you're a fan of a big market team. Didn't we just go through a lock out to prevent stuff like this?

Well the Lakers made this happen through a trade, so this is different from what the Heat did. This was a great move by the Lakers front office, not three players deciding to end up at the same place. What ever new rules that were put into the CBA to prevent the large market teams from having an advantage, it would not have stopped a trade.

ozomulsion
08-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Miami might get past the Indiana Pacers. Get past the Indiana Pacers. Wow. And Boston or Philly, neither of whom are special.

They aren't going to beat San Antonio. Or OKC, whoever it ends up being. I don't think it requires hating the heat to see that the east is awful.

I randomly clicked on this thread for the first time and this is the first post I read. It's like this guy had a crystal ball made out of fail.

OrangeCrush2724
08-13-2012, 02:52 AM
I randomly clicked on this thread for the first time and this is the first post I read. It's like this guy had a crystal ball made out of fail.

Then there was more...

Originally Posted by bombay
What happens in the eastern conference is of zero consequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted bombay
It is inconsequential who comes out of the east. Really, who can watch that ****?

Quote:
It never did matter who won the lEast.

Quote:
Congratulations to the new NBA chanpions. I love to watch this team play ball, and they have no part of the idiotic crap going on in the talent poor east.

This is going to be a fun reighn.

-------------------

Normally, I wouldn't be such a d--k, but some of the guys didn't even have the courtesy to say Congratulations after debating the NBA the entire season.

TheChamp24
08-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Well the Lakers made this happen through a trade, so this is different from what the Heat did. This was a great move by the Lakers front office, not three players deciding to end up at the same place. What ever new rules that were put into the CBA to prevent the large market teams from having an advantage, it would not have stopped a trade.

What makes the NBA sometimes terrible is sometimes teams trade away star players, and get nothing but salary cap relief in the future by taking on bad contracts.
It also makes me wonder about the supposed NBA salary cap.
It just would be nice to see players actually go try to cement their own legacy at a different franchise than just go to one area/team.

cutthemdown
08-13-2012, 07:15 AM

Lakers just parted with one of the most talented young big men in the league. People are acting like Lakers didn't have to give anything up. The Sixers will bea lot better with Bynum in the middle.

So it is way different then what the Heat did. Basically after getting screwed by the NBA last yr on the Chris Paul trade the Lakers were not going to be denied this yr.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2012, 09:16 AM

What about the TV ratings? That is, because James, Wade & Company are all on one time, namely MIAMI and NOT Cleveland (think about that for a second), how does this effect TV ratings for the games?

Thanks for proving my point!

Also, the refs help the large market teams win. Miami won this last NBA title because Stern & Company wanted them to win it because it's good for TV and good for publicity. The same can be said for the Lakers and other teams like Chicago (ever since Jordon, Chicago has a huge fan base) and NY and Boston.

Some teams are just poorly managed, like the Knicks. However, Stern still makes sure they get every opportunity to win. He can't help it if there are idiots running the franchise.

So what if the smaller market teams have a better regular season winning percentage, fact is, they aren't winning the championships. Only a few teams are winning the championships because the system is rigged and the refs know who butters their bread.

RhymesayersDU
08-13-2012, 10:20 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL

Gort
08-13-2012, 10:23 AM
the Miami Heat's championship didn't only help Heat players get lucky... if you can call this getting lucky. somewhere, the stockholders of the companies that make Lysol and industrial strength condoms also benefited.

it's not really NSFW but it's not really SFW either.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/08/holy-crap-that-miami-heat-porn-star-oral-sex-celebration-actually-happened#page/1

OrangeCrush2724
08-13-2012, 10:39 AM
What about the TV ratings? That is, because James, Wade & Company are all on one time, namely MIAMI and NOT Cleveland (think about that for a second), how does this effect TV ratings for the games?

Thanks for proving my point!

Think about this, If James, Mello and Wade go to the Cavs, they draw the same ratings; regardless of big market/small market. Does that mean Stern will want the Cavs to win?

Also, the refs help the large market teams win. Miami won this last NBA title because Stern & Company wanted them to win it because it's good for TV and good for publicity. The same can be said for the Lakers and other teams like Chicago (ever since Jordon, Chicago has a huge fan base) and NY and Boston.

You could also say that it would be more intriguing had Miami lost, to 1) Have a better story line for next season, 2) James would be a great player, and could still not get it done, 3) Show the other owners, you don't need superstars jumping to one team to win a championship.

My point is, what you are stating is your oppinion, and not fact, unless you come back at me and show me the fouls of teams and compare them from Desired/Big market teams vs Small market teams throughout the last 10 years.

Some teams are just poorly managed, like the Knicks. However, Stern still makes sure they get every opportunity to win. He can't help it if there are idiots running the franchise.

Knicks have been horrible the last say 7-8 years (except the last 2). I don't remember Stern making them qualify for playoffs when they were not worthy, or getting rid of their bad contracts for nothing.

So what if the smaller market teams have a better regular season winning percentage, fact is, they aren't winning the championships. Only a few teams are winning the championships because the system is rigged and the refs know who butters their bread.

It shows, that they are just as competitive. Now, the players winning the championships might have elite talent to get it done, but newsflash, that happens in every sport. You have your Tom Bradys, just like you have your Kobe(s).

Requiem
08-13-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't know much about anything regarding the Magic trade. . . is that Moe Harkess rookie any good? How about the Aflac dude from Denver?

Broncos trade Marshall and Cutler.
Mariners trade Ichiro, Jones and more.
Magic trade for turd sandwhiches and revolving doors.
Penguins. . . still working it and looking good.

It is hard to be a sports fan...

ludo21
08-13-2012, 10:43 AM
i hate the NBA and the lack of parity.... but somehow it draws me in..

SonOfLe-loLang
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
We should make an NBA 2012-13 thread

Beantown Bronco
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't know much about anything regarding the Magic trade. . . is that Moe Harkess rookie any good? How about the Aflac dude from Denver?

Broncos trade Marshall and Cutler.
Mariners trade Ichiro, Jones and more.
Magic trade for turd sandwhiches and revolving doors.
Penguins. . . still working it and looking good.

It is hard to be a sports fan...

That's officially the 4 most random teams I've ever seen one person be a fan of.

Requiem
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
That's officially the 4 most random teams I've ever seen one person be a fan of.

Yeah it's pretty awesome.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Think about this, If James, Mello and Wade go to the Cavs, they draw the same ratings; regardless of big market/small market. Does that mean Stern will want the Cavs to win?

I disagree because I think (I have no proof) that certain markets appeal to a larger fan base and Miami is one of those markets. Miami certainly appeals to players because well, it's Miami. I think Stern & Co. want to see it be one of the premier teams in the NBA where as Orlando is the little brother. JMHO.

You could also say that it would be more intriguing had Miami lost, to 1) Have a better story line for next season, 2) James would be a great player, and could still not get it done, 3) Show the other owners, you don't need superstars jumping to one team to win a championship.

My point is, what you are stating is your oppinion, and not fact, unless you come back at me and show me the fouls of teams and compare them from Desired/Big market teams vs Small market teams throughout the last 10 years.

Miami lost last year to a "larger" market team in Dallas, so in a sense that was a win-win for the NBA. However, this year Miami beat a FAR SUPERIOR small market, who-gives-a-crap team in the Oklahoma Thunder. Seriously, put 2 + 2 together and you'll see the big picture. Stern wants Miami to win the championship so that LaBron can have his plastic ring. He wants Miami to win it so that it keeps attacting top flight players. Stern wants Miami to win it because it's a team that can be marketed outside of Miami. Just look at Maven and his crap love fest.

And yes, there is proof of officials calling lousy penalties. Proof positive. The primary example is the playoff series between the Sacramento Kings and the LA Lakers about 10-15 years ago where the refs blatantly called a lousy series that heavily favored the Lakers. That series is on record, especially the joke that was game 7.

Knicks have been horrible the last say 7-8 years (except the last 2). I don't remember Stern making them qualify for playoffs when they were not worthy, or getting rid of their bad contracts for nothing.

Like I said, sometimes even Stern can't over come terrible management. However the draft lottery is ONE way to insure certain teams get certain players. Why is the draft lottery drawing done in secret? Why not make that a public thing? It's actually a pretty good idea but why do it in secret unless they have something to hide. Maybe the don't always mess with the draft lottery, but they certainly have the ability to make sure certain players go to certain teams (or don't go to certain teams).

It shows, that they are just as competitive. Now, the players winning the championships might have elite talent to get it done, but newsflash, that happens in every sport. You have your Tom Bradys, just like you have your Kobe(s).

The newsflash is that only 8 different franchises have won the NBA championship over the last 20 years or so as opposed to the other pro leagues like the NFL, NHL and MLB which have much more parity.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I disagree because I think (I have no proof) that certain markets appeal to a larger fan base and Miami is one of those markets. Miami certainly appeals to players because well, it's Miami. I think Stern & Co. want to see it be one of the premier teams in the NBA where as Orlando is the little brother. JMHO.

Miami lost last year to a "larger" market team in Dallas, so in a sense that was a win-win for the NBA. However, this year Miami beat a FAR SUPERIOR small market, who-gives-a-crap team in the Oklahoma Thunder. Seriously, put 2 + 2 together and you'll see the big picture. Stern wants Miami to win the championship so that LaBron can have his plastic ring. He wants Miami to win it so that it keeps attacting top flight players. Stern wants Miami to win it because it's a team that can be marketed outside of Miami. Just look at Maven and his crap love fest.

And yes, there is proof of officials calling lousy penalties. Proof positive. The primary example is the playoff series between the Sacramento Kings and the LA Lakers about 10-15 years ago where the refs blatantly called a lousy series that heavily favored the Lakers. That series is on record, especially the joke that was game 7.

Like I said, sometimes even Stern can't over come terrible management. However the draft lottery is ONE way to insure certain teams get certain players. Why is the draft lottery drawing done in secret? Why not make that a public thing? It's actually a pretty good idea but why do it in secret unless they have something to hide. Maybe the don't always mess with the draft lottery, but they certainly have the ability to make sure certain players go to certain teams (or don't go to certain teams).

The newsflash is that only 8 different franchises have won the NBA championship over the last 20 years or so as opposed to the other pro leagues like the NFL, NHL and MLB which have much more parity.

This is mostly due to the fact that single players have the most influence over an NBA game.

OBF1
08-13-2012, 01:48 PM
stop making sense, this is the orangemane.

Tombstone RJ
08-13-2012, 02:07 PM
[/B]

This is mostly due to the fact that single players have the most influence over an NBA game.

Yes, so the numbers are easier to manipulate.

ozomulsion
08-14-2012, 12:37 AM

I've heard the same thing

Broncos
Flyers
Cubs
OKC

canadianbroncosfan
08-14-2012, 01:36 AM
I've heard the same thing

Broncos
Flyers
Cubs
OKC

Me too

Broncos
Blackhawks (even though I'm from a city with an NHL team)
Pacers
Blue Jays