PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Growing up watching Jordan was amazing for me. Never have seen another player as great regardless of the talent in the league. That
Was a rough decade until the end for me. Then Tim Duncan was gift wrapped on the doorstep.

80s basketball was the best. It was just awesome basketball. I don't see Jordan's Bulls winning anything that decade.

SouthStndJunkie
One player I'm happy for is Juwan Howard.

I know he is only a bench player now, but after 17 years in the NBA, it was nice to see him finally get a ring.

swaiy
No matter how many championships LeBron wins with Miami, the fact is he'll (deservedly) never get the credit he would have with Cleveland, and rightly so. He couldn't win on his own, he needed two more superstars to take the pressure off himself. He'd a coward, period. Tonyr can suck his cock all he wants, it won't change the fact that he needed two other stars to win, something the Larry Birds, the Magic Johnsons, the Michael Jordans, the true heros of NBA history, did not need. FACT.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m60460WSKX1r2i3owo1_500.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
80s basketball was the best. It was just awesome basketball. I don't see Jordan's Bulls winning anything that decade.

I was too young and crazy about broncos football in the 80s instead of bball . Parents wrapped me in a broncos blanket an it's all history after that. I wasn't into basketball until Robinson was drafted. Then I had to wait a couple years to actually watch him play.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:58 PM

I know he is only a bench player now, but after 17 years in the NBA, it was nice to see him finally get a ring.

The only Fab 5 member to actually get a ring. None of them won a big ten title NCAA title or nba title. First member to sign with Michigan. Last member playing

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
That is DUMB.

Do you know how many Hall of Fame players Larry and Magic had with them? And Scottie Pippen was phenomenal.

I agree that those teams didn't do the "super team" thing via free agency, but those Magic and Bird teams were STACKED.

WRONG. Pippen, Worthy, et al were very good players, but they were NOT Wade or Bosh caliber. Not similar situations at all.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:02 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m60460WSKX1r2i3owo1_500.gif

He can ****** dance all he wants...won't change the FACT that his win is tainted.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:03 PM

It was still kind of silly to see him celibrate as if he had any real impact on the win. Sorry, Juwan.

Kaylore
Congrats to the Heat. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for a back and forth, six or seven game series. What we got was a Thunder team that got figured out early and the Heat just grinded them down.

Lebron Haters need to get over it. He's won a championship, did it playing well in the fourth period, did it in games he took over and games where he fed the ball and made others play well. It's done. Move on.

SonOfLe-loLang
No matter how many championships LeBron wins with Miami, the fact is he'll (deservedly) never get the credit he would have with Cleveland, and rightly so. He couldn't win on his own, he needed two more superstars to take the pressure off himself. He'd a coward, period. Tonyr can suck his cock all he wants, it won't change the fact that he needed two other stars to win, something the Larry Birds, the Magic Johnsons, the Michael Jordans, the true heros of NBA history, did not need. FACT.

I'd be more inclined to, at least, understand this if James wasn't far and away the best player on the court every single game. No one "bailed" him out of anything this series. He was unstoppable and dominant. Hate on. But he's in the conversation with the Birds, Magics, Jordans, and whoever else. Hes that good.

Kaylore
06-21-2012, 11:04 PM
He can ****** dance all he wants...won't change the FACT that his win is tainted.

:rofl: His win is tainted? Because he played with other good players? Is John Elways SB win "tainted" with TD's stink?

gunns

Not true. Opinion. Miami wouldn't even have been in the finals if not for James. There isn't a sports team with a mega star that hasn't needed the help of another star. No one person can win the big one by himself. See Elway. James in Cleveland was like Elway before Shanahan, Davis. He could take the team almost there, but not quite. Yes even Jordan, Bird, and Johnson. And if you're going to talk true heros of NBA history you cannot forget Bill Russell.

BroncoInferno
Congrats to the Heat. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for a back and forth, six or seven game series. What we got was a Thunder team that got figured out early and the Heat just grinded them down.

Lebron Haters need to get over it. He's won a championship, did it playing well in the fourth period, did it in games he took over and games where he fed the ball and made others play well. It's done. Move on.

Well, no. He did it with two other superstars, because he didn't have the guts to do it a la Jordan or Bryant.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 11:05 PM
WRONG. Pippen, Worthy, et al were very good players, but they were NOT Wade or Bosh caliber. Not similar situations at all.

Pippen was. Without a doubt. He was friggin awesome...as evidenced by the fact that the bulls were still very good without Jordan. (not championship good, but pretty good)

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Well, no. He did it with two other superstars, because he didn't have the guts to do it a la Jordan or Bryant.

You need to get over it and just admit he's an all timer.

Kaylore
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM

Yeah Jordan and Kobe didn't play with the garbage that was in Cleveland. I guarantee you he stays there he never wins jack. I love that three guys decide to take pay cuts to play together and work for a championship (and leave one of the crappiest cities in the United States) and they get ripped for it.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Not true. Miami wouldn't even have been in the finals if not for James. There isn't a sports team with a mega star that hasn't needed the help of another star. No one person can win the big one by himself. See Elway. James in Cleveland was like Elway before Shanahan, Davis. He could take the team almost there, but not quite. And if you're going to talk true heros of NBA history you cannot forget Bill Russell.

You're wrong. Bball is different from football (22 players versus five). And, yes, one player in bball has a MUCH bigger impact on wins versus losses than does a football player. And, yes, Bill Russell is overrated, because the dude played with six hall of famers. SIX!!! Are you kidding me?!

gunns
06-21-2012, 11:09 PM

You are diminishing vast talent to come across as a major hater. Pippen was an excellent player and Kobe could barely do anything as far as winning a championship without Shaq.

swaiy

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m60671DNe71qfep67o1_500.png

It will be alright man.

Baba Booey
I hate basketball but will offer an outsider's opinion.

Jordan never called Bird and Larry and said "hey, let's all play for the Lakers."

This win is tainted.

That is all.

BroncoInferno
You need to get over it and just admit he's an all timer.

Well, no. Sure, he's an all-timer, just not a Jordan, Magic all-timer. Those guys had the guts to win as the main guy, not one of three cogs.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I love the LeBron nutthuggers. Yes, he's a great player. Never denied that. Just not an all-time great. Can't claim that when you don't have the guts to win a title as the main man. LeBron is a coward=FACT.

gunns
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
You're wrong. Bball is different from football (22 players versus five). And, yes, one player in bball has a MUCH bigger impact on wins versus losses than does a football player. And, yes, Bill Russell is overrated, because the dude played with six hall of famers. SIX!!! Are you kidding me?!

Well I'll step off now. Dude, you are certifiable. It's a game and when it comes down to it, no one gives a damn you are going crazy over a dude winning a championship. Sleep tight.

Bill Russell, overrated. Priceless idiocy.

Kaylore
06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
:rofl: You guys are hilarious. So a talented team won a championship and that makes them tainted? :~ohyah!: Goodnight fellas.

/done with this thread.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Jordan will never be outdone. I'm sorry but 55 wins and no title doesn't get
You anything. Jordan won 3 in a row. Retired bulls lost 2 years. Jordan comes back at the end of that 2 year. Next season he starts another streak of 3. Pippen was great and all but wade > pippen

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Well, no. Sure, he's an all-timer, just not a Jordan, Magic all-timer. Those guys had the guts to win as the main guy, not one of three cogs.

While I agree that was the original plan, if you actually, ya know, watched this series, you'd know James was the top gun and there was zero question about it.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 11:25 PM
I love the LeBron nutthuggers. Yes, he's a great player. Never denied that. Just not an all-time great. Can't claim that when you don't have the guts to win a title as the main man. LeBron is a coward=FACT.

Not to sling ****, but if you honestly believe this, youre a moron.

His numbers = historic (his PER numbers are ONLY rivaled by jordan) and now he's got his chip

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Well I'll step off now. Dude, you are certifiable. It's a game and when it comes down to it, no one gives a damn you are going crazy over a dude winning a championship. Sleep tight.

Bill Russell, overrated. Priceless idiocy.

Bill Russell IS overrated compared to, say, Wilt. Wilt played with good players, but never the caliber that Russell played with. My god, Russell play with 6 hall of famers! LeBron played wth 2, and could barely win. Give me a break. If he had guts, he'd have won with Cleveland. But he needed Wade and Bosh. Coward. No amount of championships will subtract from his cowardice.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Not to sling ****, but if you honestly believe this, youre a moron.

His numbers = historic (his PER numbers are ONLY rivaled by jordan) and now he's got his chip

Numbers are irrelevant, and if you think they are, YOU'RE a moron. Geez, sorry that I think LeBron is great but not an all-time great. How horrible of me for going with the facts.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 11:36 PM
Numbers are irrelevant, and if you think they are, YOU'RE a moron. Geez, sorry that I think LeBron is great but not an all-time great. How horrible of me for going with the facts.

Oh so now statistics are irrelevant? When, in the history of basketball, they've always been relevant. What planet do you come from?

Where is your fact????? You said he teamed up with two people just like him? Wrong. James is clearly better than both. And Bosh, while a good player, isn't on the level of Wade. Seriously, did you watch this playoff? Bron was UNREAL.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 11:38 PM
Bill Russell IS overrated compared to, say, Wilt. Wilt played with good players, but never the caliber that Russell played with. My god, Russell play with 6 hall of famers! LeBron played wth 2, and could barely win. Give me a break. If he had guts, he'd have won with Cleveland. But he needed Wade and Bosh. Coward. No amount of championships will subtract from his cowardice.

Well, on Philly maybe. On the lakers he played with Baylor and West.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Oh so now statistics are irrelevant? When, in the history of basketball, they've always been relevant. What planet do you come from?

Where is your fact????? You said he teamed up with two people just like him? Wrong. James is clearly better than both. And Bosh, while a good player, isn't on the level of Wade. Seriously, did you watch this playoff? Bron was UNREAL.

OK, so Dominque Wilkens is better than LeBron? Afterall, he scored more points per game than he did! You're embarrasing yourself.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:40 PM
Well, on Philly maybe. On the lakers he played with Baylor and West.

Still FAR fewer hall of famers (as I actually said in my post....I never said he played with zero hall of famers)

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
OK, so Dominque Wilkens is better than LeBron? Afterall, he scored more points per game than he did! You're embarrasing yourself.

Who says PPG is the best measurable statistic? Anyone who loves basketball probably considers PER the best measurable one (though its not perfect), and looking at that your top three are Jordan/Bron/Shaq. Here are the top single season PERs

1. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.84 1962-63 SFW
2. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.76 1961-62 PHW
3. Michael Jordan* 31.71 1987-88 CHI
4. LeBron James 31.67 2008-09 CLE
5. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.64 1963-64 SFW
6. Michael Jordan* 31.63 1990-91 CHI
7. Michael Jordan* 31.19 1989-90 CHI
8. Michael Jordan* 31.14 1988-89 CHI
9. LeBron James 31.11 2009-10 CLE
10. LeBron James 30.74 2011-12 MIA
11. David Robinson* 30.66 1993-94 SAS
12. Shaquille O'Neal 30.65 1999-00 LAL
13. Shaquille O'Neal 30.55 1998-99 LAL
14. Dwyane Wade 30.36 2008-09 MIA
15. Tracy McGrady 30.27 2002-03 ORL
16. Shaquille O'Neal

Thats a lot of Bron, Shaq, Wilt, and Michael.

LeBron can do it all. He's a lethal scorer, an excellent passer, a superb rebounder for his position, and the best perimeter defender in the league.

Bacchus
06-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Magic and Bird teams were stacked. But Jordan's wasn't. Sure Pippen was great, but what did he do when Jordan was swinging a bat in TripleA baseball? Had Jordan stayed in the NBA Hakeem would not have a ring.

That's why no one will ever be Jordan.

Actually The Bulls did very well those years. They did not win the title but what NBA team would win a title if their best baller was swinging a bat?

Bacchus
06-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Congratulations to the Heat and Lebron. I am not a Heat fan but I am glad to see Lebron win. He gets so much undeserved criticism its ridiculous. The Heat deserved it and Lebron was the best player on the floor in almost every game.

SouthStndJunkie
06-21-2012, 11:52 PM
It was still kind of silly to see him celibrate as if he had any real impact on the win. Sorry, Juwan.

I'm sure he sees it as the culmination of a long 17 year career and is very satisfied.

You go that long without winning a championship and you'd probably be ecstatic to be a small part of it.

He's at the the end of his career and will always be able to say he won an NBA ring....it was about the only thing left in his NBA career that he had yet to accomplish.

Good for Juwan.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Who says PPG is the best measurable statistic? Anyone who loves basketball probably considers PER the best measurable one (though its not perfect), and looking at that your top three are Jordan/Bron/Shaq. Here are the top single season PERs

1. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.84 1962-63 SFW
2. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.76 1961-62 PHW
3. Michael Jordan* 31.71 1987-88 CHI
4. LeBron James 31.67 2008-09 CLE
5. Wilt Chamberlain* 31.64 1963-64 SFW
6. Michael Jordan* 31.63 1990-91 CHI
7. Michael Jordan* 31.19 1989-90 CHI
8. Michael Jordan* 31.14 1988-89 CHI
9. LeBron James 31.11 2009-10 CLE
10. LeBron James 30.74 2011-12 MIA
11. David Robinson* 30.66 1993-94 SAS
12. Shaquille O'Neal 30.65 1999-00 LAL
13. Shaquille O'Neal 30.55 1998-99 LAL
14. Dwyane Wade 30.36 2008-09 MIA
15. Tracy McGrady 30.27 2002-03 ORL
16. Shaquille O'Neal

Thats a lot of Bron, Shaq, Wilt, and Michael.

LeBron can do it all. He's a lethal scorer, an excellent passer, a superb rebounder for his position, and the best perimeter defender in the league.

Well, golly! You'd have me over a barrell if I were claiming that LeBron were a suck ass player. Of course, I'm not. Just saying (factually) that he ain't as good as Jordan, Bird, Magic, or even Olajuwon. Why? Cause he can't win on his own. Pretty simple.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm sure he sees it as the culmination of a long 17 year career and is very satisfied.

You go that long without winning a championship and you'd probably be ecstatic to be a small part of it.

He's at the the end of his career and will always be able to say he won an NBA ring....it was about the only thing left in his NBA career that he had yet to accomplish.

Good for Juwan.

You're right, I'm happy for Howard. He's not deluded to thinking that HE won a championship.

swaiy
06-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Well, golly! You'd have me over a barrell if I were claiming that LeBron were a suck ass player. Of course, I'm not. Just saying (factually) that he ain't as good as Jordan, Bird, Magic, or even Olajuwon. Why? Cause he can't win on his own. Pretty simple.

He needed Jordan to retire to win. Is that the same as "winning it on his own?"

rovolution
06-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Best part of the finals?

The Chris Bosh celebration pic. :rofl::rofl:

https://p.twimg.com/Av9_THRCMAAfMyu.jpg:large

swaiy
06-21-2012, 11:57 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199637/heatmenageatrois_medium.gif

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:58 PM
He needed Jordan to retire to win. Is that the same as "winning it on his own?"

Fine. I won't argue that...delete him from the rankings. Point still emphatically stands.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 11:58 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199637/heatmenageatrois_medium.gif

Peter North off camera?

HAT
06-22-2012, 12:00 AM
OK, so Dominque Wilkens is better than LeBron?

Is this a serious question? Of course he was. LBJ might prove to be a better player eventually but right here, right now DW has him beat.

BroncoInferno
06-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Is this a serious question? Of course he was. LBJ might prove to be a better player eventually but right here, right now DW has him beat.

No disagreement from me. Just questioning the LeBron jerkoffs.

Jason in LA
06-22-2012, 12:27 AM

You have an argument with Wade, even though his greatness was short lived because he never reached the level he did back in '06, but Bosh isn't anywhere near the player that Worthy or Pippen were. Those are two of the 50 greatest players ever. And Worthy was a NBA Finals MVP.

Jason in LA
06-22-2012, 12:34 AM
You are diminishing vast talent to come across as a major hater. Pippen was an excellent player and Kobe could barely do anything as far as winning a championship without Shaq.

Kobe went three times, winning twice, without Shaq. I'd say he did a whole lot after Shaq left.

Wes Mantooth
06-22-2012, 12:45 AM
D@mn I miss football. Pro basketball is the worst. Rather watch pro wrestling than that crap. That third quarter was decided by refs, not the Heat.

OrangeCrush2724
06-22-2012, 04:11 AM
Great win for the Heat, congratulations to OKC for having a great season. This year just happend to be ours. As for the haters, hate on...I don't expect any serving of humble pie...

BroncoInferno
06-22-2012, 05:16 AM
Well, I've slept on on it, and, yes, LeBron's title is still tainted by the fact that he took the easy way out by teaming with two other superstars, rather than taking the harder route other greats have taken. He's still a great player, but will always fall short of the Jordans of the world because, again, he took the easy route.

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2012, 07:00 AM
You have an argument with Wade, even though his greatness was short lived because he never reached the level he did back in '06, but Bosh isn't anywhere near the player that Worthy or Pippen were. Those are two of the 50 greatest players ever. And Worthy was a NBA Finals MVP.

I'm glad you beat me to this. Worthy was a Hall Of Fame player and an all-time great. Bosh is not. Bosh is good, I'm not trying to **** on him, but he is not a HOF player.

Bird played with HOF'ers, Magic played with HOF'ers, (Jabbar & Worthy), and even MJ had one himself (Pippen).

LeBron will make it, Wade probably will, but there's no way I see Bosh making it, unless they go on some ridiculous run.

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Kobe went three times, winning twice, without Shaq. I'd say he did a whole lot after Shaq left.

And he still needed an all-star PF & C to win. And that's not me ****ting on Kobe, just pointing out that even a player universally respected, with Kobe is, needed help.

BroncoInferno
06-22-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm glad you beat me to this. Worthy was a Hall Of Fame player and an all-time great. Bosh is not. Bosh is good, I'm not trying to **** on him, but he is not a HOF player.

Bird played with HOF'ers, Magic played with HOF'ers, (Jabbar & Worthy), and even MJ had one himself (Pippen).

LeBron will make it, Wade probably will, but there's no way I see Bosh making it, unless they go on some ridiculous run.

Worthy is a bit overrated based on having been able to play with Magic and Showtime. He was an excellent player, no doubt, but had he ended up on, say, Golden State, no one would call him one of the 50 greatest players ever. Same thing with Pippen. And Bosh, in my opinion, is underrated. His numbers have dipped a bit since joining Miami, but that's only because James and Wade take away touches.

RhymesayersDU
06-22-2012, 07:11 AM
That's an interesting argument, but what I would say is that at best/worst (depending on your POV), Worthy and Bosh are the same player. Bosh put up some nice numbers on his own, but the Raptors never did anything.

I would still argue that Magic and Abdul-Jabbar = LeBron and Wade, and then you add in Worthy and Bosh, respectively.

TonyR
06-22-2012, 07:19 AM

LOL This post is so stupid I don't know where to start. BI, you're usually one of the more rational, reasonable posters around here but this certainly isn't your best stuff.

maher_tyler
06-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Well, I've slept on on it, and, yes, LeBron's title is still tainted by the fact that he took the easy way out by teaming with two other superstars, rather than taking the harder route other greats have taken. He's still a great player, but will always fall short of the Jordans of the world because, again, he took the easy route.

Personally, i'd rather win a Championship teamed up with two other great players than having the possibility of never winning one. He'd have to live the rest of his life hearing that he was one of the greatest players to never win a championship, much like Marino. I don't care what other people say, you need other great to good players around you to win a championship. He wasn't getting that in Cleveland so he packed up and went to Miami. I don't blame him..just thought the way he did it was super douchey. Then that little quote after last years finals fail is why i don't like him.

BroncoInferno
06-22-2012, 07:32 AM
Furthermore, this title gets an asterick because it was only a 66 game season.

(yes....I'm just trolling now ;D)

maher_tyler
06-22-2012, 07:38 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GWAhzQTR2s4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you read the comments, some people are saying the ref is motioning him to get off the court....don't look like it to me...wouldn't he point or do something more than what appears to be a high five??

Edit: Spoelstra sure seems to think he was giving him a high five!

TonyR
06-22-2012, 07:39 AM

Not to mention the fact that Wade wasn't/isn't the Wade of old. LeBron carried this team. Just look at last night, leading the team in scoring, rebounding, and assists. A little bit of Bird, a little bit of Magic, all wrapped up in a power forward's body. People that can't see what he's doing just really don't understand the game.

Punisher
06-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Best part of the finals?

:rofl: ****ing fag

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Do you understand what a fact is? A fact requires empirical evidence. And since you're not actually willing to consider that (stats to prove heightened play or championships), you're left with your dumb opinion.

And regardless of whether Bron joined a team with great players or was on a team that drafted them, it doesnt change the fact that all players need other great players to win championships. And why is it unfair? I bet you thought a week ago the heat would get annhilated by the thunder.

He was the unquestioned best player in the league this year, and in my opinion, over the past several. Sit back and enjoy. Get out of your own way with your dumb opinions

BroncoInferno
06-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Do you understand what a fact is? A fact requires empirical evidence. And since you're not actually willing to consider that (stats to prove heightened play or championships), you're left with your dumb opinion.

And regardless of whether Bron joined a team with great players or was on a team that drafted them, it doesnt change the fact that all players need other great players to win championships. And why is it unfair? I bet you thought a week ago the heat would get annhilated by the thunder.

He was the unquestioned best player in the league this year, and in my opinion, over the past several. Sit back and enjoy. Get out of your own way with your dumb opinions

"I never wanted to play with Larry Bird, I wanted to beat Larry Bird." - Magic Johnson

LeBron took the easy way out. Period.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2012, 09:13 AM
"I never wanted to play with Larry Bird, I wanted to beat Larry Bird." - Magic Johnson

LeBron took the easy way out. Period.

Youre letting your strange bias cloud your opinion. LeBron just completed a historic, EPIC playoff run. One of the best ever. He took a back seat to no one. Cleveland couldnt surround him with adequate talent (though he brought them real close), so he went to a place with some and won. Jordan doesnt win champiosnhips with Pippen, Grant, Rodman either.

maher_tyler
06-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Youre letting your strange bias cloud your opinion. LeBron just completed a historic, EPIC playoff run. One of the best ever. He took a back seat to no one. Cleveland couldnt surround him with adequate talent (though he brought them real close), so he went to a place with some and won. Jordan doesnt win champiosnhips with Pippen, Grant, Rodman either.

I'll never forget those damn googles he used to wear :giggle:

http://www.nba.com/media/act_horace_grant.jpg

ludo21
06-22-2012, 09:45 AM
congrats to the heat and the role players who made it happen last night!! ;D

and lebron i guess for having th best playoff stats of all time

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 09:49 AM

Well Chicago never won a championship without Jordan. Horace grant? Come on. That was Jordan's team. The rest were just riding him and were better BECAUSE of him. Guys like kukoc? Bj Armstrong??

I wouldnt say it was a historic epic playoff run when the east isn't exactly stacked with great teams. Add rose to that mix and it's a different story. Lebron earned every bit of it no doubt and played lights out. But it's not up at the top in runs. They weren't playing great ball goin in(19-13) and slugged through some series.

TonyR
06-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Well Chicago never won a championship without Jordan.... ...Come on. That was Jordan's team.

Well, yes, okay. But you could really replace "Chicago" with "Miami" and "Jordan" with "James" and it would be fairly equivalent. This was clearly LeBron's team. He was the one both running the offense/distributing the basketball and scoring! What more do you want the guy to do?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Well Chicago never won a championship without Jordan. Horace grant? Come on. That was Jordan's team. The rest were just riding him and were better BECAUSE of him. Guys like kukoc? Bj Armstrong??

I wouldnt say it was a historic epic playoff run when the east isn't exactly stacked with great teams. Add rose to that mix and it's a different story. Lebron earned every bit of it no doubt and played lights out. But it's not up at the top in runs. They weren't playing great ball goin in(19-13) and slugged through some series.

You keep doubling down on Rose's knee as if it would have been a foregone conclusion that Chicago would have blown out Miami. I dont understand why. What has Derrick Rose ever done? Have we forgotten 2011 so quickly?

And way to twist what I said. I said Jordan doesnt DOMINATE without his supporting cast either. Of course it was Jordan's team, of course they dont win six championships without him. My point was this Heat team is unquestionably LeBron's team. And he lead them in fashion. And yes, this playoff performance by him was historic. No question it was.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 10:59 AM
You keep doubling down on Rose's knee as if it would have been a foregone conclusion that Chicago would have blown out Miami. I dont understand why. What has Derrick Rose ever done? Have we forgotten 2011 so quickly?

And way to twist what I said. I said Jordan doesnt DOMINATE without his supporting cast either. Of course it was Jordan's team, of course they dont win six championships without him. My point was this Heat team is unquestionably LeBron's team. And he lead them in fashion. And yes, this playoff performance by him was historic. No question it was.

The bulls were ranked where going into the playoffs? Ya I think it had something to do with it. Lebron goes down with a knee injury in the 1st round do the heat win the trophy? Nope. Wade would not be able to do it alone.

And I'm just pointing out that comparing Lebron and the heat with Jordan and the bulls is not accurate. There wasn't ANYONE on the bulls that had Wade talent. Period.

TonyR
06-22-2012, 11:00 AM

Yes, and the same people thought OKC would easily beat Miami. I admittedly expected OKC to win but I don't think Chicago would've beat Miami. I was rather unimpressed with how Chicago folded against the Sixers without Rose even before Noah went down. Rose is a great player but he's no LeBron.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
The bulls were ranked where going into the playoffs? Ya I think it had something to do with it. Lebron goes down with a knee injury in the 1st round do the heat win the trophy? Nope. They don't get out of the first round.

And I'm just pointing out that comparing Lebron and the heat with Jordan and the bulls is not accurate. There wasn't ANYONE on the bulls that had Wade talent. Period.

Scottie Pippen had Wade talent. So, I'm not sure what you're talking about. And I dont think anyone is really comparing the Heat to those 90's Bulls teams, obviously, they aren't.

And who gives a **** where the bulls "were ranked" going into the playoffs? The Heat beat the crap out of them in the playoffs the year prior. And what's your point about LeBron getting hurt??

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Wade has been one of the best superstars in the league. Pippen was not.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Scottie Pippen had Wade talent. So, I'm not sure what you're talking about. And I dont think anyone is really comparing the Heat to those 90's Bulls teams, obviously, they aren't.

And who gives a **** where the bulls "were ranked" going into the playoffs? The Heat beat the crap out of them in the playoffs the year prior. And what's your point about LeBron getting hurt??

Way to get into emotional hysterics. Go chew on a Xanax. You assumed I keep doubling down on rose knee. I said they were the best east team coming into the playoffs. That means early odds favorite. Rose goes down so goes the team. MAKING it an easier road to win for Miami. You say who gives a shyt about where they ranked. I say who gives a shyt about what happened a year before? THAT is irrelevant.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Dallas beat Miami the year before. All that seems irrelavent now eh? So bringing up what Miami did to Chicago the year before is laughable.

Using the words historic and epic is in the catagory of what the lakers celtics and bulls did. Lebron wins next year or 3 in a row? That will be epic and historic.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Dallas beat Miami the year before. All that seems irrelavent now eh? So bringing up what Miami did to Chicago the year before is laughable.

Using the words historic and epic is in the catagory of what the lakers celtics and bulls did. Lebron wins next year or 3 in a row? That will be epic and historic.

I said his PLAYOFF run was historic. Check the numbers, check the tape. it was.

And my point was Miami BEAT the hell out of this chicago team a year before. Your comparison to Dallas doesn't make sense. And, sorry, Scottie Pippen was a fantastic player, a dream teamer, and someone coaches called a top 5 player during his time. Also, Dwayne Wade WAS a superstar. But he's lost a step. He's still a fantastic player, but he's not what he once was.

Lolad
06-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah Jordan and Kobe didn't play with the garbage that was in Cleveland. I guarantee you he stays there he never wins jack. I love that three guys decide to take pay cuts to play together and work for a championship (and leave one of the crappiest cities in the United States) and they get ripped for it.

Lebron and Wade took paycuts... Bosh took the max

All in all they won so the money paid to them is irrelevant

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I said his PLAYOFF run was historic. Check the numbers, check the tape. it was.

And my point was Miami BEAT the hell out of this chicago team a year before. Your comparison to Dallas doesn't make sense. And, sorry, Scottie Pippen was a fantastic player, a dream teamer, and someone coaches called a top 5 player during his time. Also, Dwayne Wade WAS a superstar. But he's lost a step. He's still a fantastic player, but he's not what he once was.

Bringing up Dallas was a point that the year
Before in general is irrelavent. Who cares if Miami beat Chicago the year before. Chicago 2012 > Chicago 2011

I'm not saying Pippen wasn't great but it's Wade > Pippen all day everyday.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Lebron and Wade took paycuts... Bosh took the max

All in all they won so the money paid to them is irrelevant

Not sure but if Lebron went to NY he'd pay more in taxes and actually make less than in the tax free state of Florida.

SouthStndJunkie
06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Best part of the finals?

Chris "Bukkake" Bosh.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Yes, and the same people thought OKC would easily beat Miami. I admittedly expected OKC to win but I don't think Chicago would've beat Miami. I was rather unimpressed with how Chicago folded against the Sixers without Rose even before Noah went down. Rose is a great player but he's no LeBron.

I never thought the thunder was the best team coming out of the west. I had spurs lakers and Memphis all better. I did think thunder would at the least make it difficult and at best sweep. But it does prove my point about that spurs thunder series. They didn't beat the spurs cause they were better. They just won cause the open shots weren't falling and unforced turnovers. Mike miller and battier had the exact same wide open shots as green and bonner. One team made them one didn't. That's the difference. I saw the same lack of defense on the perimeter in both series by the thunder.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Chris "Bukkake" Bosh.

He look like a deformed glazed donut.

LRtagger
06-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Wade with a bum knee that had to get drained before every game is not > Pippen in his prime. Wade was average for the entire playoff run save one or two games.

TonyR
06-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I had spurs lakers and Memphis all better.

I agree on the Spurs, I expected them to win. But I disagree on the Lakers and Memphis.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Wade with a bum knee that had to get drained before every game is not > Pippen in his prime. Wade was average for the entire playoff run save one or two games.

So wade has to be hurt and Pippen in his prime?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I agree on the Spurs, I expected them to win. But I disagree on the Lakers and Memphis.

I thought Memphis would give thunder problems and I think youre right about lakers. They ain't winning anything with Steve Blake running the point

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2012, 12:53 PM
So wade has to be hurt and Pippen in his prime?

Two Things:

1) I'll disagree all day that Wade was any better than Pippen in his prime. Pippen was a fantastic jack of all trades.

2) When playing the assumption game (how would Miami fare against this years Chicago squad), last year's results are relevant because they were basically the same team. When youre claiming that a Chicago with Rose would beat Miami, and all we have to go by is last year's ECF, thats a hard assumption to make. And dont give me regular season BS. Playoff basketball is completely diff

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Two Things:

1) I'll disagree all day that Wade was any better than Pippen in his prime. Pippen was a fantastic jack of all trades.

2) When playing the assumption game (how would Miami fare against this years Chicago squad), last year's results are relevant because they were basically the same team. When youre claiming that a Chicago with Rose would beat Miami, and all we have to go by is last year's ECF, thats a hard assumption to make. And dont give me regular season BS. Playoff basketball is completely diff

You keep assuming I think they would 100% beat them with rose. I'm saying it was an EASIER road taken with Chicago out. And it still doesnt matter if it's the same team. It's another 66 games they got to gel together. Like i said chicago 2012> Chicago 2011 even if the players are all the same.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 01:03 PM
So it's Pippen in his prime > a hurt wade.

I see. Wade has to be hurt for Pippen to be better.

Which reinforces my point that Wade > Pippen as a basketball player.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I find it amusing that you assume Chicago is the exact same team as they were in 2011. Assuming that team did not grow together or those same players did not elevate their game is ignorant. Everyone saw the bulls become better from 2011 to 2012

Are there any bulls fans that post on here that can back this up?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 01:33 PM
Cuban ripping Bayless a new one. Ha!

http://www.huliq.com/13303/mark-cuban-rips-skip-bayless-espns-first-take-video

swaiy
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
You know what's funny? None of the things said changes what happened last night and you're all very entitled to your opinion but...

http://singlemenforwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2zoktxy.gif

He's probably on his way to the hall of fame.

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Bringing up Dallas was a point that the year
Before in general is irrelavent. Who cares if Miami beat Chicago the year before. Chicago 2012 > Chicago 2011

Not really. Pippen was one of the best perimeter defenders ever. Also, when you look at his 1994 season (when Jordan was retired), his stats are in line with what you see from Wade now given that the rule changes have made it easier to score.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
You know what's funny? None of the things said changes what happened last night and you're all very entitled to your opinion but...

http://singlemenforwomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/2zoktxy.gif

He's probably on his way to the hall of fame.

Not probably. He will be even if he never won a ring.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Not really. Pippen was one of the best perimeter defenders ever. Also, when you look at his 1994 season (when Jordan was retired), his stats are in line with what you see from Wade now given that the rule changes have made it easier to score.

So if wade and Pippen were coming out of college and we already knew how they were going to be, who would you pick for your team? Most would take wade.

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 02:08 PM
I find it amusing that you assume Chicago is the exact same team as they were in 2011. Assuming that team did not grow together or those same players did not elevate their game is ignorant. Everyone saw the bulls become better from 2011 to 2012

Are there any bulls fans that post on here that can back this up?

The 2012 Bulls were better aside from Rose. The 2011 version of Rose was better. But the bigs were healthier in 2012 and the team had gelled more in 2012 as well. In 2011, the Bulls were frequently waiting for Rose to bail them out. In 2012, the players, beside Rose, were better to stand on their own feet. It's somewhat ironic to say that given what happened to them in the playoffs. The 2012 version obviously needed Rose to do big things in the playoffs, but even at that, the Sixers were the worst matchup the Bulls could have had in the 1st round without Rose. I think the Bulls, without Rose, could have beaten both Boston and NYK...the Sixers are too similar and losing Rose made Iguodala the best player in that series. Holiday took advantage as well.

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
So if wade and Pippen were coming out of college and we already knew how they were going to be, who would you pick for your team? Most would take wade.

Of course most would take Wade. Thats because were into the 7th or 8th year of the new rules. Pippens numbers were muted by 1) playing with Jordan, and 2) by playing in the toughest defensive era in the history of the league. Wade is fresher in everyone's memory.

Consider that Pippen was the best player on the 1994 Bulls and they were 1 horrendous call away from going to the NBA finals. Also consider that he didn't have a Shaq playing along side him that year.

I agree that many people would pounce on the fact that Wade has a ring while playing bat man. But it really requires more scrutiny due to a number of factors that muddle the issue.

People think of Pippen as being a lesser player because he's synonymous with being a "robin". But the truth is, every player in the history of the game would be a robin playing next to Jordan. So there's no indignity in being a robin while playing next to Jordan. Having said that, you can say, is it a bigger accomplishment playing robin next to Jordan for 6 championships or is Wades resume better as it relates to winning. You could make the argument that Pippen accomplished more with the 6 ch teams he played on.

gunns
06-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Let's see, Bird and Magic played with several HOFers. And oh my Scottie Pippen is a HOFer. I guess by your "facts" they couldn't win on their own and were overrated.

If the NBA HOF is anything like the NFL HOF, your facts are a "so the **** what"

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2012, 02:24 PM

I'd still take Pippen. Maybe Wade in his absolute prime, but he's not the same player he once was. Still real good, but not "flash" anymore. Pippen is incredibly underappreiated because he played in Jordan's shadow most of his career. BUt he was awesome.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd still take Pippen. Maybe Wade in his absolute prime, but he's not the same player he once was. Still real good, but not "flash" anymore. Pippen is incredibly underappreiated because he played in Jordan's shadow most of his career. BUt he was awesome.

Ya no doubt wade isn't flash as much anymore. I do give Lebron credit. I'm not totally against him. I dislike the thunder more based on how they won against te spurs. I admit though I didn't like the " go back to your miserable lives " comment from Lebron. But I think he did mature through these playoffs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 02:32 PM
NBA HOF is nothing like the NFLs or even MLBs. Just look at the 2012 class. Ha!

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Speaking of Wade, I just realized that he's 30. I wonder how many quality years he has left. There's a lot of tread on those tires.

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 02:39 PM

There's no NBA HOF. There's a basketball HOF.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 02:51 PM
There's no NBA HOF. There's a basketball HOF.

I stand corrected. No nba label. Just feel the criteria isn't as harsh as the other 2.

gunns
06-22-2012, 03:40 PM

Well then I guess his facts ARE so the **** what

maven
06-22-2012, 04:21 PM
quik post: seems some people do not remember how good pippen was or too young to watch. and to add the bulls were screwed by some bs calls and they would have represented chicago in the finals without jordan. i think it would have lessen jordans legacy if a pippen led team reached the nba finals

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 04:23 PM
quik post: seems some people do not remember how good pippen was or too young to watch. and to add the bulls were screwed by some bs calls and they would have represented chicago in the finals without jordan. i think it would have lessen jordans legacy if a pippen led team reached the nba finals

But he didn't. Game over

LongDongJohnson
06-22-2012, 04:28 PM
The king has been crowned. Hes earned his respect and has nothing to proove to anyone.

ludo21
06-22-2012, 04:38 PM
The king has been crowned. Hes earned his respect and has nothing to proove to anyone.

but your spelling does!

huzzah!!

spell smack sucka!! :thanku:

maven
06-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Speaking of Wade, I just realized that he's 30. I wonder how many quality years he has left. There's a lot of tread on those tires.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/8086600/dwyane-wade-knee-keep-miami-heat-star-olympic-team

Looks like he will sit out the Olympics.

maven
06-22-2012, 08:41 PM

Which is quite possible, have you seen the East.

:strong:

maven
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I think the Bulls, without Rose, could have beaten both Boston and NYK...the Sixers are too similar and losing Rose made Iguodala the best player in that series. Holiday took advantage as well.

They wouldn't have beaten Boston without Rose. No way at all. Now the Knicks, well maybe.

SoonerBronco
06-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Congrats to the Heat! They brought it, Thunder showed its youth and inexperience.

maven
06-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I never thought the thunder was the best team coming out of the west. I had spurs lakers and Memphis all better. I did think thunder would at the least make it difficult and at best sweep. But it does prove my point about that spurs thunder series. They didn't beat the spurs cause they were better. They just won cause the open shots weren't falling and unforced turnovers. Mike miller and battier had the exact same wide open shots as green and bonner. One team made them one didn't. That's the difference. I saw the same lack of defense on the perimeter in both series by the thunder.

Thunder>spurs

Get that through your head. Your old spurs team got run out of the gym and couldn't hang with the Thunder. You keep holding onto your beliefs the spurs were a better team because of missed opportunities and turnovers.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

maven
06-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Congrats to the Heat! They brought it, Thunder showed its youth and inexperience.

Gr8 thing about the Thunder is they can get better and have lots of options. I still feel long term Westbrook & KD should be broken up(trade westbrook).

maven
06-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Great win for the Heat, congratulations to OKC for having a great season. This year just happend to be ours. As for the haters, hate on...I don't expect any serving of humble pie...

Buffalo? wtf are yo doing up there? And major congrats fellow Heat fan. Redemption year is ours.

DENVERDUI55
06-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Enjoy it bro, I'm stuck near buffalo...

Do you ever play Diamond Hawk Golf course if you Golf?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Thunder>spurs

Get that through your head. Your old spurs team got run out of the gym and couldn't hang with the Thunder. You keep holding onto your beliefs the spurs were a better team because of missed opportunities and turnovers.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Sandusky > Maven

myMind
06-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Gr8 thing about the Thunder is they can get better and have lots of options. I still feel long term Westbrook & KD should be broken up(trade westbrook).

His team just won it all and he's already scared of years to come.

ohiobronco2
06-22-2012, 09:54 PM

People were saying the same thing about James and Wade.

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 11:02 PM
They wouldn't have beaten Boston without Rose. No way at all. Now the Knicks, well maybe.

They most likely would have. I know that you probably have a different level of esteem based on how Boston plays Miami but its a different story against Chicago. Chicago runs a similar defense to Boston but with more athleticism and better rebounders. Rondo doesn't typically rack up rebound numbers against the Bulls because the Bulls are a strong rebounding team and the Celtics arent very good at it.

Certain teams just match up better against other teams. The Sixers match up better against the Bulls but not so well against Miami. Boston matches up better against Miami but not as well against Chicago. I think the Bulls have only lost once against Boston since Dec of 2010.

maven
06-22-2012, 11:06 PM

I'm not a big fan of heavily score first PG's.

maven
06-22-2012, 11:09 PM
They most likely would have. I know that you probably have a different level of esteem based on how Boston plays Miami but its a different story against Chicago. Chicago runs a similar defense to Boston but with more athleticism and better rebounders. Rondo doesn't typically rack up rebound numbers against the Bulls because the Bulls are a strong rebounding team and the Celtics arent very good at it.

Certain teams just match up better against other teams. The Sixers match up better against the Bulls but not so well against Miami. Boston matches up better against Miami but not as well against Chicago. I think the Bulls have only lost once against Boston since Dec of 2010.

No, the Miami series doesn't have anything to do with it. You are right on the more athleticism/rebounding in regards to the two teams. I still feel Boston would definitely win out. Mainly with Rondo penetrating and spot shooters with Pierce/Allen.

To add, I also think the old Celtics were going to fight to the end no matter who they played this year since it was the last year of the current makeup of the team. This season was their last hurrah together.

ohiobronco2
06-22-2012, 11:11 PM
I'm not a big fan of heavily score first PG's.

I don't disagree. Maybe Westbrook will learn to accept that facilitator should be his primary role.

maven
06-22-2012, 11:12 PM
I can see Ray Allen wearing Heat colors next year.

ohiobronco2
06-22-2012, 11:12 PM
I will thank LeBron for one thing, Kyrie Irving. If he doesn't leave, we don't get Irving. Kid is amazing.

maven
06-22-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't disagree. Maybe Westbrook will learn to accept that facilitator should be his primary role.

It's not in his DNA. It's not a knock, but I just cannot see it. I would definitely move him for pieces while his stock is at an all time high right now.

maven
06-22-2012, 11:16 PM
I will thank LeBron for one thing, Kyrie Irving. If he doesn't leave, we don't get Irving. Kid is amazing.

It's why I do believe the NBA lottery draft is rigged. Go and look back at the teams securing the #1 overall and the players who were expected to go #1 the past few years.

OrangeCrush2724
06-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Buffalo? wtf are yo doing up there? And major congrats fellow Heat fan. Redemption year is ours.

Thanks man!! You too, it's been a up and down year! And just when I was about to give up on Miller, he does this. I still think miller is tradeable if we can pick up Nash and a big.

Sure feels good to get the monkey of our backs...

Doing some humanity project all over the US, I will be in small towns around buffalo for a week, then hit another town up. I wish I was in Miami to enjoy this win, the beach and grove must be crazy this weekend. Man Maven, one thing i do miss in Miami are the girls, nothing in the US (where i have been) comes remotley close!

maven
06-22-2012, 11:19 PM

I didn't agree with it. I could see it and they were both prime to win possible championships and Wade rightfully so stepped aside and let the King run the show.

OrangeCrush2724
06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Do you ever play Diamond Hawk Golf course if you Golf?

No sorry, I don't golf. But in Buffalo for only a few days.

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 11:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/8086600/dwyane-wade-knee-keep-miami-heat-star-olympic-team

Looks like he will sit out the Olympics.

Is it because of injuries or because he finally realized they wouldnt be getting paid?

maven
06-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks man!! You too, it's been a up and down year! And just when I was about to give up on Miller, he does this. I still think miller is tradeable if we can pick up Nash and a big.

Sure feels good to get the monkey of our backs...

Doing some humanity project all over the US, I will be in small towns around buffalo for a week, then hit another town up. I wish I was in Miami to enjoy this win, the beach and grove must be crazy this weekend. Man Maven, one thing i do miss in Miami are the girls, nothing in the US (where i have been) comes remotley close!

I think Miller will retire. My wish list is Ray Allen and Steve Nash.

Eye candy I will agree. the women though from around the country just need a different angle to get into their pants.

:giggle:

Well, at least it's in the US. I figured you were heading down to Central America and building some homes or something.

The parade is on Monday. The weather has been total bummer though with rain everyday. Seen lots of Heat gear all day today. Really nice to see and people are in a good mood. It's a great win for being a fan and a great win for our city!

^5

:yayaya:

:thumbs:

maven
06-22-2012, 11:28 PM
Is it because of injuries or because he finally realized they wouldnt be getting paid?

It's his knee. He's gutted it out the entire playoffs. He needs downtime and I think he will pass. Marketing wise, since coming off a chip, he might go play. King will definitely be there. Unsure about Bosh. That guy is so effin happy to win the chip! Luv that guy!

maven
06-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Love this video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8EGn_SNljH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Remember some thunder fan knockin this after the Heat beat the Celts.

maven
06-22-2012, 11:32 PM
We know how to celebrate down in South Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OrangeSe7en
06-22-2012, 11:39 PM
We know how to celebrate down in South Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps its the same thing but you definitely know how to party. Half of Miami was built with cocaine money.

maven
06-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Outside of us OrangeCrush, fans of the NBA & the media didn't realize how focused this team was and was going to whatever it takes to win. After the finals appearance last year, this was redemption year. The team put in the blood, sweat, tears, and focus on only one goal. And that was to win the chip. They did it! ****ing amazing! We are lucky to have these guys in South florida!

Next up, REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maven
06-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Perhaps its the same thing but you definitely know how to party. Half of Miami was built with cocaine money.

The drugs definitely still flow these days.

:sunshine:

maven
06-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Side note Orange, you can usually see Lebron biking to the arena almost daily the past year. bosh lives up the road from me. Wade is all the way down in Pinecrest. the king is down by coco plum.

OrangeCrush2724
06-23-2012, 04:04 AM
I think Miller will retire. My wish list is Ray Allen and Steve Nash.

Eye candy I will agree. the women though from around the country just need a different angle to get into their pants.

:giggle:

Well, at least it's in the US. I figured you were heading down to Central America and building some homes or something.

The parade is on Monday. The weather has been total bummer though with rain everyday. Seen lots of Heat gear all day today. Really nice to see and people are in a good mood. It's a great win for being a fan and a great win for our city!

^5

:yayaya:

:thumbs:

I am a dentist. There are a lot of underserved communities where people can't afford routine dentistry. Latin America would be awesome, but I need to build contacts there first.

TonyR
06-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Must read. Good stuff.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8085525/lebron-makes-leap

swaiy
06-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Must read. Good stuff.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8085525/lebron-makes-leap

That was a damn good read. This part that I've quoted is exactly what I was talking about with my friends during the last game.

Even his position was amorphous. Was he a power forward? A small forward? An oversize point guard? What the hell was he? By the end of the 2012 Finals, we had our answer: He's LeBron James. First of a kind. A power point guard who can create his own shot from the perimeter and the low post, a devastating passer who can't be double-teamed, a superior athlete who attacks the rim whenever he wants, an unfathomably durable workhorse on both ends, someone who can defend all five positions (yes, five) at an elite level.

OrangeSe7en
06-23-2012, 09:41 AM
That was a damn good read. This part that I've quoted is exactly what I was talking about with my friends during the last game.

That was really corny, actually. Actually, the 1,2,3,4,5 thing isn't uniform. There's also PG, W, W, P, P, which blurs the roles from the 1-5. The bigger problem is that people see roles almost exclusively as 1-5. But you can also have the PG, W, W, W, P, depending on what you have on your team. I guess this point also voids a previous assertion by Tony that Simmons (Im assuming its Simmons...regardless, it's likely a clone if not) is the all-knowing, which would also call into question Tony's qualifications to make such claims.

swaiy
06-23-2012, 10:06 AM
That was really corny, actually. Actually, the 1,2,3,4,5 thing isn't uniform. There's also PG, W, W, P, P, which blurs the roles from the 1-5. The bigger problem is that people see roles almost exclusively as 1-5. But you can also have the PG, W, W, W, P, depending on what you have on your team. I guess this point also voids a previous assertion by Tony that Simmons (Im assuming its Simmons...regardless, it's likely a clone if not) is the all-knowing, which would also call into question Tony's qualifications to make such claims.

What the hell does that have to do with the talent of LBJ? I'm assuming you're the same Orange that's been in here trying to discredit everything the guy does all because you hate him as a person. If I'm wrong, I'll take that back. I use the word assume because I'm too lazy to go back and read your posts but I'm sure I skimmed over some posts of someone with 'orange' in their name declaring what seemed like obvious hate lol.

OrangeSe7en
06-23-2012, 10:11 AM
What the hell does that have to do with the talent of LBJ? I'm assuming you're the same Orange that's been in here trying to discredit everything the guy does all because you hate him as a person. If I'm wrong, I'll take that back. I use the word assume because I'm too lazy to go back and read your posts but I'm sure I skimmed over some posts of someone with 'orange' in their name declaring what seemed like obvious hate lol.

I don't know. I might be who you're referring to but thats because I can't speak for your ability to read and comprehend. I've made certain to parse out the issues and if you're now saying this after having read this, then it's kind of pathetic. So, I'm kind of hoping you're talking about someone else just so it spares me the energy wasted going after you for your failures.

swaiy
06-23-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't know. I might be who you're referring to but thats because I can't speak for your ability to read and comprehend. I've made certain to parse out the issues and if you're now saying this after having read this, then it's kind of pathetic. So, I'm kind of hoping you're talking about someone else just so it spares me the energy wasted going after you for your failures.

After going back and reading your posts, I was mistaken in regards to the premise behind the posts you have made and I apologize; however, I was not mistaken in coming to the conclusion that you're an ass. Please talk to me about energy wasted going after me for my 'failures.'

Nerd.

Flex Gunmetal
06-23-2012, 05:57 PM
Outside of us OrangeCrush, fans of the NBA & the media didn't realize how focused this team was and was going to whatever it takes to win. After the finals appearance last year, this was redemption year. The team put in the blood, sweat, tears, and focus on only one goal. And that was to win the chip. They did it! ****ing amazing! We are lucky to have these guys in South florida!

Next up, REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This kind of nonsense is so worthless. See Mark Cuban destroying Skip Bayless regarding this kind of 'wanting it more' crap.
Lebron is the best player of this generation, but we hear enough of these empty statements from the media.

RhymesayersDU
06-24-2012, 10:19 AM
This kind of nonsense is so worthless. See Mark Cuban destroying Skip Bayless regarding this kind of 'wanting it more' crap.
Lebron is the best player of this generation, but we hear enough of these empty statements from the media.

Saw this clip on a blog, Cuban destroys Skip.

Anyways, NBA Draft time.

The last mocks I have seen by Chad Ford have the Nuggies taking Sullinger. I'd love it. I'll roll the dice on his back problems at that stage of the draft.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Cuban ripping Bayless a new one. Ha!

http://www.huliq.com/13303/mark-cuban-rips-skip-bayless-espns-first-take-video

Here it is again

RhymesayersDU
06-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Ford Mock 8.2:

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New Orleans

Anthony Davis

Position: PF
Height: 6-foot-11
Weight: 222 pounds
School: Kentucky
Analysis: Davis is the clear No. 1 pick. The Hornets are turning down all trade offers for Davis and trying to figure out the best way to build around him. Look for them to seriously consider dealing the No. 10 pick if they can get a young veteran to play alongside Davis in return. This team has no intention of being bad for the next five seasons now that Davis is in place.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Charlotte

Thomas Robinson

Height: 6-foot-9
Weight: 244 pounds
School: Kansas
Analysis: The Bobcats continue to talk with teams about trading the No. 2 pick. But if they keep it, most of the signals coming out of the organization point to Robinson being the man. He is a super athletic, physical 4 who should be an instant upgrade over Tyrus Thomas and D.J. White.

I'm hearing Harrison Barnes may be in second place on their wish list. Apparently, MJ is a fan. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Bradley Beal are in the mix, too, though I'm told MKG didn't blow anyone away in his workout for the Bobcats on Monday and also hurt his back a little.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Washington

Bradley Beal

Position: SG
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 202 pounds
School: Florida
Analysis: The Wizards made the first big trade of the offseason, sending Rashard Lewis and the 46th pick to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza. With the deal, the Wizards essentially upgraded their front court -- Okafor will likely be their starting 5, Nene their starting 4 and Ariza their starting 3.

With John Wall running the point, that leaves them with one big hole at the 2. I think this makes Bradley Beal a no-brainer for the Wizards, who are lacking a lights-out perimeter shooter. He's a perfect fit for this new roster.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Cleveland

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Position: SF
Height: 6-foot-8
Weight: 233 pounds
Analysis: If Beal goes No. 3, the Cavs have a choice between Kidd-Gilchrist and Harrison Barnes. The team is high on both players and could go either direction. Kidd-Gilchrist brings toughness, defense and leadership and would be great running the floor with Kyrie Irving. Barnes is a much better shooter and scorer who could add more punch to the Cavs' attack.

At this point I'd give Kidd-Gilchrist the slight edge over Barnes. But if the Cavs go Barnes at No. 4, MKG won't slide past the Kings at No. 5 -- he's exactly the sort of player Sacramento needs.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Sacramento

Harrison Barnes

Weight: 228 pounds
School: North Carolina
Analysis: Sacramento is another team that is seriously considering moving its pick if it can. GM Geoff Petrie is on the hot seat and the Kings are once again looking for a player who can come in and contribute immediately. If they can entice a team to give up a young veteran for the No. 5 pick, I think they do it. If they keep the pick, it's looking like they'll play it safe and grab Barnes. Drummond is in the mix too, but he's a much riskier proposition.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Portland (via Nets)

Andre Drummond

Position: C
Height: 7-foot-0
Weight: 279 pounds
School: UConn
Analysis: Blazers GM Neil Olshey is a risk-taker. He also knows he has some time to rebuild this team. So, unlike Petrie, Olshey has the capital right now to take a risk or two in the draft.

It may come down to a three-way choice (assuming the top five are off the board) between Drummond, Damian Lillard and Dion Waiters. I hear the Blazers like all three, but Drummond clearly has the biggest upside of the group. He also comes with the biggest question marks.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Golden State

Dion Waiters

Height: 6-foot-4
Weight: 221 pounds
School: Syracuse
Analysis: We've tried a number of players in this spot and none of them have stuck. Perry Jones really struggled during a workout with the Warriors. Terrence Jones didn't wow them in workouts. And news of Jared Sullinger's back issues have GMs in the lottery running scared.

Could the Warriors turn to Waiters? He would bring a lot of what Monta Ellis brought to the table at a much cheaper price. If the team believes Klay Thompson can slide over to the 3, or if it just wants to fill out a three-guard rotation, Waiters could be the guy.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Toronto

Damian Lillard

Position: PG
Height: 6-foot-3
Weight: 189 pounds
School: Weber State
Analysis: The Raptors were high on Waiters early, but his stock has risen so rapidly that he could very well be off the board when they pick. If that's the case, Lillard may be the next best thing to Waiters as a dynamic backcourt scorer, something the team has lacked.

The Raptors are also open to trading their pick for a veteran wing who could add stability to their roster. If they keep the pick, Jeremy Lamb and Austin Rivers are also in the mix here.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Detroit

John Henson

Height: 6-foot-10
Weight: 216 pounds
Analysis: Greg Monroe has been a revelation in the middle for the Pistons, but they really need to pair him alongside an athletic shot-blocker. Although Henson is painfully thin, he rebounds, blocks shots and defends multiple positions.

It wouldn't be a perfect solution for Detroit, but the Pistons don't have a lot of other options here unless they want to reach a bit for Meyers Leonard, who might be worth it after his stellar showing at the draft combine.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

New Orleans
(via Wolves)

Austin Rivers

Weight: 203 pounds
School: Duke
Analysis: We've had Sullinger here the past few weeks. But just as he was working out in New Orleans, NBA team doctors were reviewing the physicals from the draft combine. As we reported on Monday, Sullinger's physical left a number of team docs skittish.

If Sullinger isn't the guy, there is no obvious direction for the Hornets to go next. You could make the case for a dozen players. So why Rivers? He checks off a lot of boxes (perimeter scorer, shooter, star quality) that the Hornets are looking for and gives them some insurance should Eric Gordon get too expensive as a restricted free agent this summer.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Portland

Jeremy Lamb

Weight: 179 pounds
School: UConn
Analysis: If the Blazers get Drummond at No. 6, they can turn their attention to their needs in the backcourt. While a point guard might be ideal, with Lillard off the board, I think they go after a 2-guard. Lamb has great length for his position, is a smooth athlete and would give Portland some scoring in the backcourt.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Milwaukee

Meyers Leonard

Height: 7-foot-1
Weight: 250 pounds
School: Illinois
Analysis: The Bucks gambled a few years ago on Brandon Jennings and it paid off big time. At this point in the draft, Leonard is risky but could have huge upside. The Bucks really need a center after sending Andrew Bogut to the Warriors at the trade deadline. Leonard is a work in progress but has the size and athletic ability to become a dominant big man down the road.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Phoenix

Terrence Ross

Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 197 pounds
School: Washington
Analysis: We've had both Waiters and Rivers associated with this pick in the past. However, if both players are off the board, Ross could be the guy.

He's big, he's super athletic and he can really shoot. The Suns desperately need help in their backcourt, and Ross could be a very solid addition.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Houston

Tyler Zeller

Height: 7-foot-0
Weight: 247 pounds
Analysis: The Rockets' biggest need is in the middle, and Zeller should be a solid option. Scouts don't think Zeller is going to be an All-Star someday, but he's big, runs the floor very well and has a great touch around the basket. Leonard has passed him on our board, but Zeller should ultimately land somewhere in Picks 8-14.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Philadelphia

Terrence Jones

Weight: 252 pounds
Analysis: The Sixers might have a tough choice here between Jones, Sullinger and Arnett Moultrie. They need size, but also shooting. Jones may be the compromise. He measured out very well for a power forward at the combine, has an NBA body and proved to be a solid rebounder and shot-blocker in college. He has tremendous upside if he puts his heart into it.

Sullinger, meanwhile, would give the Sixers the starting-caliber replacement for Elton Brand if he can stay healthy, while Moultrie is a long, bouncy, athletic big man who could stretch the floor.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Houston (via Knicks)

Arnett Moultrie

Weight: 223 pounds
School: Mississippi State
Analysis: Moultrie can stretch the floor and really rebound. With the Rockets in desperate need of size, pairing Moultrie with Zeller could give them a good mix of bigs.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Dallas

Kendall Marshall

Weight: 198 pounds
Analysis: With Jason Kidd 39 years old and a free agent, and Rodrigue Beaubois more of a combo guard, Marshall would offer much of what Kidd brings to the table -- incredible court vision and size -- right away. Marshall is not a great athlete or a great shooter, but he could keep Dirk & Co. happy.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Wolves (via Jazz)

Fab Melo

Height: 7-foot
Weight: 255 pounds
School: Syracuse
Analysis: The Wolves are praying that one of the wings, such as Ross or Rivers, slides to them here. But if they don't, the Wolves may choose to go big with Melo. Nikola Pekovic was a revelation this season, but after that the cupboard is pretty bare. Darko Milicic has one more year on his deal, but he's not a long-term answer in Minnesota.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Orlando

Perry Jones III

Weight: 234 pounds
School: Baylor
Analysis: This is a long way for Jones to slip in the draft. Many believe he's a top-5 talent, but no one knows what position he'll play in the pros; his situation reminds me a lot of the one Josh Smith was in a few years ago. Jones may find a home in the lottery, but if he doesn't he could slide this far. Given Jones' raw talent, he's definitely worth the risk at this point.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Denver

Jared Sullinger

Weight: 268 pounds
School: Ohio State
Analysis: A number of GMs are legitimately concerned with what their doctors found concerning Sullinger's back. They claim it's much more serious than what Sullinger's camp is saying. We will continue to try to get a handle on this situation in the next few days.

Still, there will be a certain spot in the draft where Sullinger's reward outweighs the risk. I'm not totally sure this is it, but the Nuggets need a 4 who can bang down low, so this might be a win-win for Sullinger and Denver.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Boston

Royce White

Weight: 261 pounds
School: Iowa State
Analysis: According to sources, White pulled out of all his remaining workouts Thursday and has gone silent. He's not injured, and sources claim he's received a coveted first-round promise from a team. Promises are notoriously hard to pin down, but two sources are pointing in the direction of the Celtics. As long as coach Doc Rivers can buy into what White is (a ballhandling power forward) and figure out how to play him, he could be a steal at this point in the draft.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Boston (via Clippers)

Andrew Nicholson

Weight: 234 pounds
School: St. Bonaventure
Analysis: Nicholson is another draft sleeper who might really rise with workouts. He's a big stretch 4 who has drawn some comparisons to David West. He would be another welcome addition to the Celtics' summer makeover.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Atlanta

Moe Harkless

Weight: 207 pounds
School: St. John's
Analysis: Long and athletic, Harkless can put the ball on the floor and get to the basket. Atlanta is getting a value pick here. This is likely Harkless' floor; he could go as high as the late lottery.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Cavs (via Lakers)

Will Barton

Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 174 pounds
School: Memphis
Analysis: One of the risers on draft boards the past few weeks, Barton is long and athletic and has a great midrange game. At this point, the Cavs can take a little risk.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Memphis

Tony Wroten Jr.

Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 203 pounds
School: Washington
Analysis: The Grizzlies don't have a ton of talent behind Mike Conley, and Wroten is definitely worth the risk at this point in the draft. He is the most spectacular passer in the draft and has great size and athleticism. He just needs to fix that broken shot of his.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Indiana

Marquis Teague

Height: 6-foot-2
Weight: 180 pounds
Analysis: Teague would've been a top-10 pick in 2013 had he decided to stay in school. Instead, he followed the rest of Kentucky's stars into the draft. He could go as high as the mid-first round and I doubt he slips past the Pacers here. Adding Teague would allow Indiana to use Darren Collison as trade bait this summer.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Miami

Draymond Green

Weight: 236 pounds
School: Michigan State
Analysis: The Heat need players with experience who excel in bringing out the best in their teammates. Green can be a point-forward type who does a little of everything. Think of him as a better-passing Udonis Haslem.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Oklahoma City

Evan Fournier

Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 206 pounds
Analysis: Fournier is the type of player that the Thunder can easily stash for a year or two in Europe. Or, given the high level he has played at in France, he might be able to come in and get minutes for them right away -- especially if the Thunder decide they can't afford to re-sign James Harden this summer.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Chicago

John Jenkins

Weight: 212 pounds
School: Vanderbilt
Analysis: The Bulls need a shooter, and Jenkins has one of the best strokes in the draft. His super-quick release and ability to finish at the basket make him an interesting prospect here.

PICK TEAM PLAYER VITALS

Golden State
(via Spurs)

Quincy Miller

Weight: 219 pounds
School: Baylor
Analysis: There are a lot of concerns about his knee and what position he'll play in the NBA. But his upside is so high that it might be worth taking a gamble this low in the first round. There's very little risk and a lot of potential reward here.

OrangeSe7en
06-24-2012, 01:51 PM
That's an interesting read. It's kind of odd to see that Michael Kidd-Gilchrist wouldnt have more appeal, considering he plays hard at both ends and is super athletic. You'd think if anyone would appreciate a player like that, it's Jordan.

maven
06-24-2012, 07:25 PM
I am a dentist. There are a lot of underserved communities where people can't afford routine dentistry. Latin America would be awesome, but I need to build contacts there first.

gl TO YOU!

Very cool to donate your time.

maven
06-24-2012, 07:27 PM

So you are saying the team didn't work harder and develop their skills and became more comfortable playing with each other after only 1 season?

Requiem
06-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I just realized that the Broncos, Mariners, Penguins and Magic (all my favorite teams) are going through some huge rebuilding process after reading that draft article above.

RhymesayersDU
06-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Minnesota has agreed to trade the 18th overall pick in Thursday's draft to Houston for Chase Budinger, league sources tell Y! Sports.

maven
06-26-2012, 11:46 PM
http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/5662811852_89896a11fb_o.gif

Miami Heat are Champions

eddie mac
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Rumoured that Golden State are offering Denver pick 7 for Wilson Chandler

OrangeCrush2724
06-27-2012, 03:05 PM
http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/5662811852_89896a11fb_o.gif

Miami Heat are Champions

Yeah? Who was the regular season MVP?

OrangeCrush2724
06-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Edit: repeat post.

ludo21
06-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Who do ya'll want for your respective teams?

I want the Suns to take whoever falls to them between, Lamb, Waters, Ross, or even Terrance Jones.

Not a Rivers fan, and I dont think his game will translate. Not big enough yet

NFLBRONCO
06-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Rumoured that Golden State are offering Denver pick 7 for Wilson Chandler

Anybody at 7 worth this trade?

OrangeSe7en
06-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Anybody at 7 worth this trade?

Jones III, Barnes, Rivers, Henson

Im not saying it will be worth the trade though.

DBroncos4life
06-28-2012, 05:22 PM
I guess the Cavs are trying to get Beal really hard. I think that would be sick with Irving, though I do think giving up the chance at landing Fab Melo later in the first round kind of sucks.

KCStud
06-28-2012, 06:49 PM
The Hornets did a great job in this draft. The unibrow and Rivers will help that franchise become respectable again.

eddie mac
06-28-2012, 07:28 PM
Denver OTC, take Evan Fournier SG hmmm

maher_tyler
06-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Don't follow college players all that much, really only ever know the top players. Chicago took Marquis Teague from UK. Anyone know much about him? Pros-Cons??

RhymesayersDU
06-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I guess the Cavs are trying to get Beal really hard. I think that would be sick with Irving, though I do think giving up the chance at landing Fab Melo later in the first round kind of sucks.

Yeah, because drafting a guy who averaged 7.8 PPG and 5.8 RPG is what you target in the draft. Fab Melo dropped for a reason.

Anyways, I'm fine with what the Nuggs did. I assume Fournier stays abroad for a year. IMO the Nuggs had two choices, basically: trade players to get lower, or not draft for the current year. From a pure logistical standpoint, they're deep all over, there just aren't any minutes.

ludo21
06-29-2012, 09:29 AM
kendall marshall a sun. love it. time to rebuild

DBroncos4life
06-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, because drafting a guy who averaged 7.8 PPG and 5.8 RPG is what you target in the draft. Fab Melo dropped for a reason.

Anyways, I'm fine with what the Nuggs did. I assume Fournier stays abroad for a year. IMO the Nuggs had two choices, basically: trade players to get lower, or not draft for the current year. From a pure logistical standpoint, they're deep all over, there just aren't any minutes.

Fab would have been pick 24? Oh no what a reach for a young big guy when you need one!

OrangeSe7en
06-29-2012, 01:40 PM
The Hornets did a great job in this draft. The unibrow and Rivers will help that franchise become respectable again.

It wasn't really a great job as much as it's benefiting from their draft position and having stuff fall in their lap. But yes, they made out quite nicely in acquiring talent. The only thing is that Gordon and Rivers are both similar and their both undersized to play the 3. But with Davis, who's really mobile, they might be able to push the pace in a way to compensate for their size disadvantage. Or, they could possibly trade Gordon for a piece that complements Rivers and Davis in a conventional lineup.

vancejohnson82
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
welcome to NJ/Brooklyn Joe Johnson....

meh

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Lol $25 million for a 34yr old Johnson in a few years. That contract is an albatross.

vancejohnson82
07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Lol $25 million for a 34yr old Johnson in a few years. That contract is an albatross.

glad to see the Howard soap opera end though....couldn't stand another month of having the franchise being held hostage

D-Will
Johnson
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Brooks (6th man)

That gets you a 5 seed in the East IMO

OrangeSe7en
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Don't follow college players all that much, really only ever know the top players. Chicago took Marquis Teague from UK. Anyone know much about him? Pros-Cons??

The only bad thing about him is that he has a prosthetic leg.

BroncoInferno
07-03-2012, 06:57 AM
glad to see the Howard soap opera end though....couldn't stand another month of having the franchise being held hostage

D-Will
Johnson
Wallace
Humphries
Lopez

Brooks (6th man)

That gets you a 5 seed in the East IMO

The Howard trade is not dead:

The Nets and the Orlando Magic are discussing a trade that would send Howard to the Nets for Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and the Nets' first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017, sources said. Lopez and Humphries, who are both free agents, would go to Orlando in sign-and-trade deals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8125453/orlando-magic-dwight-howard-go-brooklyn-nets-sources-say

vancejohnson82
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
I just saw that about the Howard trade....

not sure if I like the idea of giving up 3 1st rounders and Brooks.....I could care less about Lopez though...he's CHarmin soft

vancejohnson82
07-03-2012, 10:06 AM
I just saw that about the Howard trade....

not sure if I like the idea of giving up 3 1st rounders and Brooks.....I could care less about Lopez though...he's CHarmin soft

Wow, though....if they end up getting Howard it means the roster is:

D-Will
Johnson
Wallace
PF
Howard

6th - Gerald Green

but thats it!! theres no one left thats signed

canadianbroncosfan
07-05-2012, 01:06 AM
Nash is becoming a Laker.

Signed three year, $27M dollar sign and trade deal.

Lakers get Nash and Suns get 1st round pick in '13 and '15 and 2nd round pick in '13 and '14. I'd say worth it for a 38 year old.

Kaylore
07-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Nash is becoming a Laker.

Signed three year, $27M dollar sign and trade deal.

Lakers get Nash and Suns get 1st round pick in '13 and '15 and 2nd round pick in '13 and '14. I'd say worth it for a 38 year old.

Suns win on that one - even for the Laker's pick. They need to get younger and got older.

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-05-2012, 08:18 AM
OH GOD WHATS HAPPENING IN DALLAS!??!

(answer - nothing, apparently)

Rulon Velvet Jones
07-05-2012, 08:19 AM
And that Nets roster is basically last year's (or worse with less of a bench) plus Joe Johnson. What's the big deal? He had good pieces around him in Atlanta and they managed to underachieve every year.

BroncoInferno
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
And that Nets roster is basically last year's (or worse with less of a bench) plus Joe Johnson. What's the big deal? He had good pieces around him in Atlanta and they managed to underachieve every year.

Well, they do get Lopez and his 20 ppg back as well (only played 5 games last season). Assuming they can't get Howard or another difference maker, that should be enough to put them in the bottom half of the playoff field in the East.

24champ
07-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Suns win on that one - even for the Laker's pick. They need to get younger and got older.

Lakers are in win now mode until Kobe retires (in 3 years IMO). It also gives us another wrinkle in the offense, instead of just running iso's as we did in last years playoffs, we can run pick and roll with Nash.

That being said, I think Mike Brown will find a way to **** it all up.

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 03:13 PM
In an unforeseen reversal, Jason Kidd has decided to leave the Dallas Mavericks to join the New York Knicks, according to sources familiar with the decision.

With the Mavericks confident that they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

Rascal
07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Dallas just got better.

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers are passing on Ray Allen but will still bolster their backcourt by re-signing Chauncey Billups and adding Jamal Crawford.

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Dallas just got better.

Are you Kidding?

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Kidd just looks slow out there. The faster guards ate him up. Good non move by the mavs. Dont understand why they let Jason Terry walk though.

ZONA
07-06-2012, 12:33 AM
The Lakers was the perfect place for Nash to go. He can still kill a team with his pick and roll, shooting, passing and he's money at the line. His weakness, defense, is not going to be a huge issue with the shot blockers LA has. I think Nash actually makes them a better team, as much as it pains me to say it. Yeah he's 38 but he's in better shape then most guys at 30. And really, it's the guys that rely on their physical game, the jumpers, those are they guys that struggle the most as they get older. Nash's game really doesn't rely on that, part of the reason why he's so effective, even at this age. Same with Stockton. Now the Lakers have a playmaker in addition to Kobe, should take a lot of wear and tear off Kobe. We'll see, I still think OKC is probably going to represent in the West. They're getting better all the time and now experienced.....and pissed off.

I don't think much will change next year. The teams that have a lagit shot to win will be OKC, Heat, Lakers, Spurs. Nobody else will contend. Yup, taking Boston off the contend list, lol.

canadianbroncosfan
07-06-2012, 02:25 AM

Suns win and Nash wins (kind of). Lakers definitely are big losers because they need the youth. Nash obviously wants a championship, he turned down an extra $3M/season to play for the Raptors. Being Canadian he would be heralded in T.O.

ludo21
07-06-2012, 12:32 PM
nasssshhhhhhhhh

oh well. If we can turn those picks into a sign and trade for Gordon im all smiles.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-06-2012, 01:01 PM
The Lakers was the perfect place for Nash to go. He can still kill a team with his pick and roll, shooting, passing and he's money at the line. His weakness, defense, is not going to be a huge issue with the shot blockers LA has. I think Nash actually makes them a better team, as much as it pains me to say it. Yeah he's 38 but he's in better shape then most guys at 30. And really, it's the guys that rely on their physical game, the jumpers, those are they guys that struggle the most as they get older. Nash's game really doesn't rely on that, part of the reason why he's so effective, even at this age. Same with Stockton. Now the Lakers have a playmaker in addition to Kobe, should take a lot of wear and tear off Kobe. We'll see, I still think OKC is probably going to represent in the West. They're getting better all the time and now experienced.....and pissed off.

I don't think much will change next year. The teams that have a lagit shot to win will be OKC, Heat, Lakers, Spurs. Nobody else will contend. Yup, taking Boston off the contend list, lol.

OKC gains another year of exp. Heat will plug in key role players. Lakers upgraded a bit with Nash. Spurs will still be a threat, and if they can get both Lorbek and De Colo(crazy good) theyll upgrade as well.

Requiem
07-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Jason Kidd still plays? He had to have been 32 when I was in 8th grade and that was many moons ago. Is it true that Jerry Stackhouse is on the Hawks' bench?

OrangeCrush2724
07-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Ray Allen is going to sign with the World Champions. He took a 3 mil a year deal from The World Champions over a 6 mil a year offer from The Celtics.

KCStud
07-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Why are people saying Ray Allen is being disloyal to the C's? They tried to trade him last year. Geez

SonOfLe-loLang
07-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Why are people saying Ray Allen is being disloyal to the C's? They tried to trade him last year. Geez

Good move for Ray. He's gonna get a lot of open looks. The Heat still need some size, though they obviously got by without it last year. I wonder if they'll amnesty Mike Miller.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-06-2012, 09:53 PM

I don't see many sayin this. Of course I haven't really looked. I don't consider it disloyal since its not like he was a Celtic his entire career. Same with Nash. They all can't be like Duncan or Kobe. Loyal players for life. Utmost respect for that.

OrangeCrush2724
07-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Good move for Ray. He's gonna get a lot of open looks. The Heat still need some size, though they obviously got by without it last year. I wonder if they'll amnesty Mike Miller.

If Miller doesn't retire, I hope they bring him back if he is cleared. He played with a lot of heart last year.

cutthemdown
07-06-2012, 10:44 PM
What a move getting Nash. He's long in the tooth but Lakers trying to just win one more with Kobe. It's a good move for this yr and probably next yr as well. Nash an incredible outside shooter. We are talking someone who is always in that 40% range even from 3 point land. His defense not great with the faster guards so that will still be a weakness for the team, but we do have a big frontcourt to help with that.

If Lakers somehow manage to get Howard then it will be an epic showdown with the Heat next yr.

OrangeCrush2724
07-07-2012, 02:32 AM
I don't see many sayin this. Of course I haven't really looked. I don't consider it disloyal since its not like he was a Celtic his entire career. Same with Nash. They all can't be like Duncan or Kobe. Loyal players for life. Utmost respect for that.

Some espn articles are calling him disloyal. http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8137770

It's not like he is the first player to leave a team for less cash to join a championship winning team. Joining Heat = Disloyal.

OrangeCrush2724
07-07-2012, 02:37 AM
You have to Love Riley if you are a Heat fan, and absolutely hate him if you aren't. He has always been able to do whatever he needed to do to get his guy. Whether it be Alonzo Mourning and Tim Hardaway in their prime, or Shaq to help win a tittle, or the MVP, and now getting key guys to help remain chip contenders.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-07-2012, 10:06 AM
2008 celtics were the 2011 heat. People were hating on that big 3 for coming together. Allen Garnett were both labeled as disloyal. Now that Allen changed teams again it's just
Expected. I don't really think its less money considering there's no taxes in Florida. A huge chunk of Allen's contract would go to fixing roads in and around Boston.

Beantown Bronco
07-07-2012, 10:34 AM
2008 celtics were the 2011 heat. People were hating on that big 3 for coming together. Allen Garnett were both labeled as disloyal. Now that Allen changed teams again it's just
Expected. I don't really think its less money considering there's no taxes in Florida. A huge chunk of Allen's contract would go to fixing roads in and around Boston.

Our taxes aren't THAT bad. They're not 50%, which is about what it would take to make it a break even dollar amount. It's 5.25%. Not even close to making up the difference.

Flex Gunmetal
07-07-2012, 10:38 AM

This. They've shopped him twice, cut his minutes, then signed Jason Terry.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-07-2012, 10:40 AM
Our taxes aren't THAT bad. They're not 50%, which is about what it would take to make it a break even dollar amount. It's 5.25%. Not even close to making up the difference.

That's right I was thinkin NY. It's still easier being in a taxless state.

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-07-2012, 10:43 AM
This. They've shopped him twice, cut his minutes, then signed Jason Terry.

I'm glad Jason Terry is no longer a Mav. He hates Spurs fans. And we hate him. He can go punch groins in the East now.

NFLBRONCO
07-07-2012, 10:50 AM
How much money would the NBA lose if they combined Denver Utah and Minn into 1 team?

Drunken.Broncoholic
07-07-2012, 10:53 AM
How much money would the NBA lose if they combined Denver Utah and Minn into 1 team?

And make Charlotte their D league team?

gunns
07-08-2012, 08:41 AM

Allen is being called disloyal by many. Being a Celtics fan I have no problem with Allen making a decision that he feels is best for him and thank him for what he did for the Celtics. I don't have a problem with any player doing that. Players like Kobe and Duncan have both been given the teams to compete with. It was incredibly stupid to call Allen, Garnett, or James disloyal for going to another team. Especially when the team they were on weren't making any effort towards the ultimate goal and these players were the ones making the effort. The franchise's should only look at themselves. It's these players lives and careers and a championship is the goal.

RhymesayersDU
07-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Denver Nuggets offer five-year, $50 million contract to @JaValeMcGee34.

ohiobronco2
07-26-2012, 08:08 PM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad346/rattlehead666/teamusasleeping_jamesstroketobosh.gif

Hilarious!

maven
08-09-2012, 09:31 PM
What the **** kind of trade is that for you Orlando.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-09-2012, 09:34 PM
What the **** kind of trade is that for you Orlando.

Orlando got nothing. They needed to move both gasol and bynum for this to be balanced. Lakers just won the next trophy.

maven
08-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Orlando got nothing. They needed to move both gasol and bynum for this to be balanced. Lakers just won the next trophy.

What the **** was that.

WOW

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Uh, we'll see about that. I think the Lakers have clearly upgraded, but OKC is still there, as is Miami.

What will be interesting is that Dwight has already stated he is standing firm on becoming a free agent next off-season. So the Lakers are taking one big swing now, and hoping to convince him to re-sign. Big roll of the dice.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Anyways, I think I like it for the Nuggs. I think AI is an upgrade for the team. And if he doesn't fit, he's only under contract for next season and the following which is a player option.

24champ
08-09-2012, 09:38 PM

Lakers don't **** around, couple years of second round exits doesn't cut it in LA.

When Howard sees what its like to play for an esteemed franchise like the Lakers, he will resign and be the face of the Lakers.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 09:40 PM
When Howard sees what its like to play for an esteemed franchise like the Lakers, he will resign and be the face of the Lakers.

This will be interesting. Dwight is saying he wants to become a free agent, but all I can ask myself is WHY? I mean, why wouldn't you re-sign with LA?

He's an odd one.

ohiobronco2
08-09-2012, 09:40 PM
But.....But.....Stern doesn't like the Lakers, he didn't let the Paul trade go through. Hilarious! Lucky fu*****, leagues best centers always fall into their laps. That's a real tough team to root for. The only good thing that comes out of this is it makes it more difficult for Miami to repeat.

spdirty
08-09-2012, 09:41 PM
So according to this the Lakers are trading Bynum for Howard. ****ing retarded.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers--magic-in-blockbuster-four-team-trade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html;_ylt=Ar.iAlgVv2LGYPyOY1ACgPI5nYcB;_ylu=X3oDM TRqZmc3NGJhBG1pdANMSVNUUyBNaXhlZCBMaXN0IEZQIEV4cGV ydHMEcGtnAzNjNWZhZDA2LTVjYzUtMzRjZC05M2EwLTFlNGI2N DBlZmFlMQRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTGlzdE1peGVkTFBDQVR lbXAEdmVyA2E1MzJiZTgzLWUyOWItMTFlMS1iOWE3LWIxNmFmN zNlNWQwNw--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Lakers don't **** around, couple years of second round exits doesn't cut it in LA.

Yeah buddy!

And we didn't even have to give up Gasol to get this done.

Mitch is a friggin' magician! http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-09-2012, 09:42 PM
This will be interesting. Dwight is saying he wants to become a free agent, but all I can ask myself is WHY? I mean, why wouldn't you re-sign with LA?

He's an odd one.

Ya he seems to stress the point of playing the one year and not signing the extension. I think he wants Dallas. Lakers will be old very soon and don't think howard wants to be around for that.

Jason in LA
08-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Lakers just traded for titles No. 17 and 18. Which will tie and past the Celtics. I bet the folks in Boston are really pissed about this one.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Yeah buddy!

And we didn't even have to give up Gasol to get this done.

Mitch is a friggin' magician! http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Not giving up gasol is key. Still scratchingy head on how they got Nash and Howard without losing gasol. They got rid of a headache. Nash Kobe Howard gasol? Crazy

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Ya he seems to stress the point of playing the one year and not signing the extension. I think he wants Dallas. Lakers will be old very soon and don't think howard wants to be around for that.

Which is odd, because Dirk's no spring chicken either. What does Dallas really have to offer?

RhymesayersDU

Which is odd, because Dirk's no spring chicken either. What does Dallas really have to offer?

RhymesayersDU

Jason in LA

Actually, after one second round playoff exit, they blew up the team and traded for Chris Paul. After a second flame out they built this team even better.

Howard would be silly not to resign. He's be losing too much money because the Lakers can pay him more money. He's have to pay to be a real free agent.

spdirty
08-09-2012, 09:46 PM

Would love it if he ****ed the Lakers and went to Jersey or Dallas next year.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-09-2012, 09:47 PM

Ya I have no clue. He's all over the place.

24champ
08-09-2012, 09:49 PM

He's an odd one.

He's an attention whore, but we've seen those acts come through and shape up in LA.

maven
08-09-2012, 09:49 PM

He's an odd one.

I think he loves the attention.

maven
08-09-2012, 09:51 PM

I would rather he stay out West.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 09:52 PM
He's an attention whore, but we've seen those acts come through and shape up in LA.

You may very well be right. I don't see how he could play with Kobe for more than a week without re-signing. I mean, it just makes no sense.

Jason in LA
08-09-2012, 09:53 PM
But.....But.....Stern doesn't like the Lakers, he didn't let the Paul trade go through. Hilarious! Lucky *******, leagues best centers always fall into their laps. That's a real tough team to root for. The only good thing that comes out of this is it makes it more difficult for Miami to repeat.

The Lakers always make the right trade or the right draft pick. Outside of Shaq, every great player they've had either came through the draft or by trade.

The Lakers pull the trigger, and when they do, they blow everybody away. Makes it easy to root for them, because every move they make is with the intention of winning titles. I'd hate to root for a team that isn't doing that. Damn, maybe that's why I'm having a hard time rooting for UCLA football. They ain't trying to win nothing.

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 09:54 PM

Jersey re-signed Lopez for like $60 mil, so barring them trading him I don't see how they then sign Dwight to his max deal.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 09:55 PM

Odds are, once he gets a taste of a championship culture, D12 will want to stay.

He could be the face of the franchise when Kobe retires.

Plus, Dwight likes attention, and there's no bigger stage than L.A.

montrose
08-09-2012, 09:59 PM
How about Masai upgrading to Iggy while dumping AAA and Harrington's contracts?

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM

I like it. I think he's an upgrade talent wise. I didn't mind AAA's contract, only 7.5 per, but Harrington was making 6+ and I didn't think he was worth half of it.

Iggy will make 14 this year, 15.9 (I believe) next season which is a player option. I assume he'll exercise that option.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Hog heaven on Sports Center right now - nothing but Lakers and Broncos coverage!

maven
08-09-2012, 10:06 PM

That's a very good move the Nuggets.

Two years(year 2 player option)

AA
Four years(year four player option)

Al
Three years

I will say, I'm happy to see Dwight move to the Western conference rather than Brooklyn. I'm surprised Gasol wasn't moved to make the deal happen. Looks like Otown is back to rebuilding.

The Heat will breeze to The Finals. Now who out West will face the Champs with the chip?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Not giving up gasol is key. Still scratchingy head on how they got Nash and Howard without losing gasol. They got rid of a headache. Nash Kobe Howard gasol? Crazy

It's called "Mitch's Magic Wand." http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/mhihi.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2012, 10:16 PM
It's called "Mitch's Magic Wand." http://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/mhihi.gifhttp://www.clublakers.com/images/smilies/ball1.gif

Coincidentally a great porn flick as well.

ohiobronco2
08-09-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't see how this doesn't make the Lakers the favorite for the title. Lakers have a better 1 and 5 than the Heat by a large margin. 2 and 4 are a wash. Lebron is clearly a superior 3 to Ron, but the advantages at point and Center are extreme.

ohiobronco2
08-09-2012, 10:19 PM

LOL

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
08-09-2012, 10:26 PM

Mitch will be getting some of that porn star p***y tonight, fo' sho!'

gunns
08-09-2012, 10:27 PM
How the hell do the Lakers give up Bynum and get Howard???

KCStud
08-09-2012, 10:35 PM
How the hell do the Lakers give up Bynum and get Howard???

http://sinbapointforward.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/david-stern-lottery.jpg

RIGGED

SonOfLe-loLang
08-09-2012, 10:37 PM
****ing lakers....my god