PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

maven
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
OU Bronco you do know the Thunder have gotten away with lots of calls as well. Sack up.

maven
06-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I feel like crying right now knowing that somewhere out there, 20 kids haven't eaten or showered for over 4 days now.

I'm celebrating for them today! Top Ramen for them all!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Miami has missed a lot of Ft's as well. Miami did play a great 1st have in game 2, but not so much in the 2nd half(even though they pulled it out).

Ya 90% is terrible.

maven
06-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Ya 90% is terrible.

The Miami Heat can do better. It's the Heat after all.

:~ohyah!:

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-18-2012, 01:41 PM
The Miami Heat can do better. It's the Heat after all.

This series is the battle of weather.

canadianbroncosfan
06-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Interesting to see all the Thunder fans or people rooting for the Thunder to win disappear.

SO just curious, right now 15 hours before tip off, do you work or whatever your excuse lately has been, tonight? Meaning win OR lose are we going to hear from you?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-19-2012, 10:03 AM
This trend of nerd wear in the NBA is ridiculous. I'm waiting for the blurred vision population to come out with the ACLU behind them to put a stop to this. Wearing nerd glasses with no lens? That's blatantly offensive to every bad eyed dork out on the streets. the senate needs to step away from real work like Clemens or Pacquio and put a stop to this.

maven
06-19-2012, 12:05 PM
SO just curious, right now 15 hours before tip off, do you work or whatever your excuse lately has been, tonight? Meaning win OR lose are we going to hear from you?

I will not be home if that's what you're asking.

:yayaya:

cousinal11
06-19-2012, 06:22 PM
I will not be home if that's what you're asking.

:yayaya:

So you're expecting a loss?

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2012, 06:58 PM
This trend of nerd wear in the NBA is ridiculous. I'm waiting for the blurred vision population to come out with the ACLU behind them to put a stop to this. Wearing nerd glasses with no lens? That's blatantly offensive to every bad eyed dork out on the streets. the senate needs to step away from real work like Clemens or Pacquio and put a stop to this.

What's funny is that Von Miller has totally been taking credit for this style. Which I admit, he was on a year ago.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-19-2012, 07:06 PM
What's funny is that Von Miller has totally been taking credit for this style. Which I admit, he was on a year ago.

Von needs to give credit to all the hipsters that lurk around in the North Beach District of SF. Those kids been on that trend back in 2005.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Thunder look weak. Harden couldn't hit the side of a barn. Too much individual dribbling. All one on one. Lazy when getting back to defense. They are lucky the spurs lost their shooting touch in that series. Heat are just better at every aspect of the game

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Thunder look weak. Harden couldn't hit the side of a barn. Too much individual dribbling. All one on one. Lazy when getting back to defense. They are lucky the spurs lost their shooting touch in that series. Heat are just better at every aspect of the game

Well they have a little over a period to save their season, and they are only down by 3. Basketball is a game of runs, and they could use one.

oubronco
06-19-2012, 08:54 PM

It's kinda hard when everytime you breathe they call a foul then on the other end they can maul the hell out of you with nothing, it's pathetic

oubronco
06-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Some of this shyt is laughable

oubronco
06-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Wow Harden gets mugged all the way down the court and gets fouled making a layup NO CALL they go to the other end and BAM a foul

This shyt is rigged

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:07 PM
On back to back plays Thunder players were knocked all around. Harden was bumped a couple times, and I'm waiting to see the replay after the commercial break, but it looked like Fisher got knocked out of bounds and no call, which led to a 3 pointer. So it goes from a potential one point Thunder lead to a six point Heat lead.

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
It's interesting that the commentators did not have a comment for either of those plays.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Westbrook is good.

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm neutral (Bulls fan) and this series has been called in Miami's favor from the start. The only calls OKC get are when it's completely obvious. Even then it's not called. They haven't called and even game yet!

KCStud
06-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Miami getting the Tom Brady/Peyton Manning all-star treatment.

You mean to tell me Derek Fisher knocked the 6'8" 250 lb James viciously to the ground?

Get that bull**** out of here. Try flopping a little harder. God I hate LBJ

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Two consecutive commercial breaks after James gets hurt...shocking...no doubt this **** is rigged!!

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Did the Heat call a timeout, or was that a TV timeout?

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Play by play says that Miami called a TO, but that was a really long break.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Everything is rigged when your team isn't winning. Is there a support group for Nuggets fans and Thunder fans?

ohiobronco2
06-19-2012, 09:26 PM
LeBron doing his best Paul Pierce impersonation.

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Damn, LeBron is showing up in the 4th, again.

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:30 PM
Okay, Harden has to stop shooting. Only Westbrook or Durant from here on out.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Holy ****ing air ball, LeBron.

ohiobronco2
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
I can't believe that Westbrook has only shot 3 FT's tonight, he's been very aggressive.

ohiobronco2
06-19-2012, 09:32 PM
:rofl: Lebron, this isn't Michael's flu game. Give it up.

Punisher
06-19-2012, 09:35 PM
:rofl: Lebron, this isn't Michael's flu game. Give it up.

this

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Everything is rigged when your team isn't winning. Is there a support group for Nuggets fans and Thunder fans?

My team is the Bulls...this all just seems a little weird that's all...

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Russell Westbrook=Chris Webber.

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Wow...Okc has handed Miami the championship...

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Tough ending for Westbrook, who was the player of the game otherwise.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Westbrook with the rookie mistake. Veterans always win rings. Young teams do not.

Home court is a disadvantage in the finals. The other team gets 3 games in a row. That's lethal. This series is over. Teams down 1-3 In a finals are 0-30 in winning it all.

Jason in LA
06-19-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah, this series is pretty much a wrap.

ohiobronco2
06-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Unreal. Westbrook really sh*t the bed at the end there. The Heat always seem to have a 3rd player step up (Chalmers or Battier) where OKC has not. Still getting killed by the timely 3 pointer.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Well Lebron needs 6 more to make that 7 prediction hold water.

Broncobiv
Westbrook has gotta feel like **** right now, and after such a huge game...ouch!

SoCalBronco
Maven was just told by his boss that the 4 hours of overtime he had scheduled to work tonight on a special project was cancelled by management, so he'll be posting shortly.

oubronco
**** the NBA I'm done this shyt is rigged

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Thunder were getting all those calls during the Spurs series. Harden was making every single shot.

Funny how things turn in just a couple games.

RhymesayersDU
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
LOL LOL LOL

Take some of the Nuggets whiners with you, please!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Network didn't even show a replay of Durant getting slapped. I got surround sound and that shyt echoed all through my house.

Punisher
06-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Network didn't even show a replay of Durant getting slapped. I got surround sound and that shyt echoed all through my house.

I know what play your talking about even Durant was confused and put his hands up, okc can't beat the heat and the refs at the same time that's too much to ask for any team

LongDongJohnson
06-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Looks like miami wont be getting swept like you haters said they would.

OrangeCrush2724
06-19-2012, 10:53 PM
**** the NBA I'm done this shyt is rigged

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsvRew6iin429cTlYXjubQimYwscQ-wp84p0649jqspzgdj2vq

OrangeCrush2724
06-19-2012, 11:08 PM
What happens in the eastern conference is of zero consequence.

It is inconsequential who comes out of the east. Really, who can watch that ****?

It never did matter who won the lEast.

Congratulations to the new NBA chanpions. I love to watch this team play ball, and they have no part of the idiotic crap going on in the talent poor east.

This is going to be a fun reighn.

Yeah, you know what you are talking about.

maher_tyler
06-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Congrats to the Heat! One of the worst refed finals i've ever seen. Questionable calls or non calls in every game all in Miami's favor. It'd be one thing if it were just one or two Thunder fans talking about it but i have several people on my facebook, at work and on here saying the same thing. Coincidencently, they took two consecutive commercial breaks after James went down. The 2nd one was a little longer than normal. Something is really fishy about that...

cousinal11
06-20-2012, 06:31 AM
Coincidencently, they took two consecutive commercial breaks after James went down. The 2nd one was a little longer than normal. Something is really fishy about that...

I noticed this as well.

swaiy
06-20-2012, 06:53 AM
Everyone is just upset that this is the Heat. If OKC was up 3-1 under the same "circumstances," most would not be complaining.

TonyR
06-20-2012, 06:57 AM

LOL Right? But don't hold your breath waiting for some humility out of the guy. Or any of the haters, for that matter. They're busy crying about the refs.

swaiy
06-20-2012, 07:00 AM
And what happened to team basketball? I have never seen OKC use so much isolation until this game. Miami just seemed more cohesive as a unit than they have ever been.

If you let everyone else tell it, the refs are the reason Miami winning and it has nothing to do with LBJ playing out of his mind or the Heat even dribbling the basketball around the court themselves.

TonyR
06-20-2012, 07:00 AM
Everyone is just upset that this is the Heat. If OKC was up 3-1 under the same "circumstances," most would not be complaining.

Oh no doubt. And not only would they not be complaining but we'd get to see a lot of "LeBust" and "LeJoke" comments, and how Durant is better than LeBron. Instead, they're choking on their humble pie a la mode.

But no worries, OKC could still win a game or two so they'll have their chances to take some more shots.

TonyR
06-20-2012, 07:02 AM
If you let everyone else tell it, the refs are the reason Miami winning and it has nothing to do with LBJ playing out of his mind or the Heat even dribbling the basketball around the court themselves.

Well, a couple of things. First, a lot of OKC fans clearly just started watching NBA basketball. Second, LeBron hate sucks the rationality out of those who know the game.

swaiy
06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Well, a couple of things. First, a lot of OKC fans clearly just started watching NBA basketball. Second, LeBron hate sucks the rationality out of those who know the game.

This is what gets me lol. I really don't get the hate.

I guess players shouldn't be expected to look out for what's best for their careers (going to a new team). Apparently all these players come in the league for the stardom and notoriety instead of actually wanting to play basketball.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-20-2012, 07:35 AM
IT'S COMING, STU

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iTOARfActnk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
06-20-2012, 08:05 AM
What's surprised me is how much the "other guys" that supposedly suck on the heat have come up big for them. Chalmers with 25 points, two steals. Battier has had some big plays in the series too. Very impressive. James has been the model of clutch consistency especially the last two series. Some night's he's had help, other's he has not. He's won games both ways. Perhaps this will silence the "James doesn't make his team better" and the more stupid "James doesn't rise to the occasion" criticisms.

JJG
06-20-2012, 08:13 AM

Not a OKC fan, but I am pulling for them in this series.

I recognize James as playing out of his mind. He is the best player in the world. but, I still don't like him. Fair or unfair, he has brought a lot of it on himself.

Anyways, carry on. It's far easier to lump everyone who has a different opinion as first time irrational NBA fans.

swaiy
06-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Not a OKC fan, but I am pulling for them in this series.

I recognize James as playing out of his mind. He is the best player in the world. but, I still don't like him. Fair or unfair, he has brought a lot of it on himself.

Anyways, carry on. It's far easier to lump everyone who has a different opinion as first time irrational NBA fans.

That is what separates you from irrational.

Jason in LA
06-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Congrats to the Heat! One of the worst refed finals i've ever seen. Questionable calls or non calls in every game all in Miami's favor. It'd be one thing if it were just one or two Thunder fans talking about it but i have several people on my facebook, at work and on here saying the same thing. Coincidencently, they took two consecutive commercial breaks after James went down. The 2nd one was a little longer than normal. Something is really fishy about that...

That was interesting. The Heat took a timeout, but why two commercial breaks?

maher_tyler
06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
What's surprised me is how much the "other guys" that supposedly suck on the heat have come up big for them. Chalmers with 25 points, two steals. Battier has had some big plays in the series too. Very impressive. James has been the model of clutch consistency especially the last two series. Some night's he's had help, other's he has not. He's won games both ways. Perhaps this will silence the "James doesn't make his team better" and the more stupid "James doesn't rise to the occasion" criticisms.

I agree Lebron is on another level. You can see how much his game has matured since even last year. He is easily the best player in the world right now. It's rare to see him take jump shots..he almost always drives to the basket/posts up and either scores or makes a nice pass to someone wide open due to him being double teamed. He is easily the MVP of the playoffs and finals. Having said that, there have been more questionable calls in Miami's favor...every game it has happened, that is a fact.

Jason in LA
06-20-2012, 08:29 AM

I agree. People notice the calls more when the team that they are rooting for is down. I'll say that I have notice that the Heat have gotten more calls, but I wouldn't say it is because the NBA is fixed. The NBA has the Heat in the Finals, so they got what they wanted to get ratings. At this point in the series it would make more sense to give the Thunder some calls to extend the series.

TonyR
06-20-2012, 08:47 AM
What's surprised me is how much the "other guys" that supposedly suck on the heat have come up big for them. Chalmers with 25 points, two steals. Battier has had some big plays in the series too.

^ Yup. I've been critical of Miami's supporting cast but Battier and Chalmers in particularly have made some solid contributions. And with neither Bosh nor Wade being 100% this has been crucial.

OrangeCrush2724
06-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Anybody seen Bombay???

OrangeCrush2724
06-20-2012, 09:11 AM

This!

bfoflcommish
06-20-2012, 09:14 AM
^ Yup. I've been critical of Miami's supporting cast but Battier and Chalmers in particularly have made some solid contributions. And with neither Bosh nor Wade being 100% this has been crucial.

Told you Chalmers wasnt horrible! ^58')

Jason in LA
06-20-2012, 09:15 AM
Anybody seen Bombay???

Funny, you've never asked that about your buddy. ;D

OrangeCrush2724
06-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Funny, you've never asked that about your buddy. ;D

Do you really want the guy here after a win?

DENVERDUI55
06-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Well looks like heat have it. Bron finally stepped up in a finals along with sterns boys.

Jason in LA
06-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Do you really want the guy here after a win?

I don't think anybody wants him/her around win or lose. Well, we know he/she won't be here after a loss, I'm surprised he/she hasn't been here yet. Like a couple other people have said, at this point it seems more like an act then anything else. A pretty annoying one.

OrangeCrush2724
06-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Well looks like heat have it. Bron finally stepped up in a finals along with sterns boys.

You sound like a chiefs fan discrediting the heat like that. Man up.

ludo21
06-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Westbrook was in the paint most the game and got to the 4 times??? yea pretty crap reffing on that one.

But regardless they wont win this series if Harden keeps bricking wide open shots.

Good job Miami, fun series to watch for sure, I just want it to go 7

swaiy
06-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Westbrook was in the paint most the game and got to the 4 times??? yea pretty crap reffing on that one.

But regardless they wont win this series if Harden keeps bricking wide open shots.

Good job Miami, fun series to watch for sure, I just want it to go 7

It doesn't help when the way Westbrook attacks the paint is blowing past everybody so fast that there isn't a way to initiate contact.

maven
06-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Did the Heat just win game 4 of The Finals?

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-15mqjvk.gif

ohiobronco2
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
Did the Heat just win game 4 of The Finals?

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-15mqjvk.gif

:rofl:

maven
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
OranjjjjjjjjjCrush!!!!!!!!!!! One game from champions!!!!!!!

woooooohooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

maven
06-20-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think anybody wants him/her around win or lose. Well, we know he/she won't be here after a loss, I'm surprised he/she hasn't been here yet. Like a couple other people have said, at this point it seems more like an act then anything else. A pretty annoying one.

http://i.imgur.com/mRmD8.gif

NFLBRONCO
06-20-2012, 10:59 AM
If the NBA is rigged why do you even watch. I get my NBA on this thread. The NBA only wants certain teams winning where is the shock its been that way forever. Look at the last 40 yrs who won rings I bet no more 10-12 different teams ever won. Just enjoy the NFL best sport around.

maven
06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
Quick thoughts because I have to go and support the economy.

1. The weather sucks down here.

2. Rio!!!!!!!!

3. Play until you cannot play anymore. King James gave it his all.

4. Harden-scared to shoot and still looking for fouls on his way to a dunk/layup

5. I would still breakup Westbrook/Durant. NOT a good combo. I do not think they mesh well long term.

6. Players have stepped up for the Heat. Whether it's Rio who drives for layup, Shane tipping the ball over Durant at the end. THE MIAMI HEAT WANT IT MORE.

7. TEAM - It spells Miami Heat

maven
06-20-2012, 11:03 AM
15 down

1 to go

http://www.jstudentboard.com/reporter/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/nba-trophy_full.jpg

maven
06-20-2012, 11:07 AM

We are almost there Orange!!!!! And we can always dig up hilarious posts in this thread.

:giggle:

maven
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-2o4mpk.gif

maven
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-354j19.gif

maven
06-20-2012, 11:14 AM
http://assets.espn.go.com/media/motion/2012/0501/dm_120501_nba_lebron_mouthpiece_debate.jpg

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Flex Gunmetal
06-20-2012, 11:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mRmD8.gif

You don't have haters, you aren't important enough. People just genuinely dislike you. Both for your cowardice and the fact that you are a confused homosexual or female who hops on the bandwagon and acts like your new team's success somehow bolsters your value as a human.

And please, if you have to make 5-6 unbroken posts in a row, please put them in one post.

We as a fanbase are embarrassed that you are posing among us.

Sincerely,
-The OraneMane

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-20-2012, 11:29 AM
After watching Harden make every shot attempt and the refs clearly in love with the thunder by getting every call possible against the spurs, I thought the thunder would roll. Clearly they are too young and lack good coaching. Young teams will never win trophies. Shouldve listened to my gut feeling in thinking the thunder were over hyped and over rated. Spurs were the better team. Just got no calls and key role players shrunk up at the wrong time

Heat are the better team thunder need more experience.

Westbrook is NOT an elite guard in this league yet. He has time to grow into an elite guard though. Elite guards do not dribble off their foot in a crucial time of the game to take the lead. Elite guards know the shot clock was at 5 seconds. Thats on Scott brooks too. A great coach would remind the entire team it's 5 seconds.

maven
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
You don't have haters, you aren't important enough. People just genuinely dislike you. Both for your cowardice and the fact that you are a confused homosexual or female who hops on the bandwagon and acts like your new team's success somehow bolsters your value as a human.

And please, if you have to make 5-6 unbroken posts in a row, please put them in one post.

We as a fanbase are embarrassed that you are posing among us.

Sincerely,
-The OraneMane

http://toffymenchavez.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/disappointed.gif

Flex Gunmetal
06-20-2012, 11:43 AM
http://toffymenchavez.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/disappointed.gif

http://i.imgur.com/0hm7W.gif

Truth hurts cuzzin.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Maven is bringing some good gifs at least

maven
06-20-2012, 11:44 AM
http://i.imgur.com/0hm7W.gif

Truth hurts cuzzin.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/Lloydsgurl/Screencaps/gifs/close20door.gif

Flex Gunmetal
06-20-2012, 11:46 AM
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/Lloydsgurl/Screencaps/gifs/close20door.gif

I'm sorry that I hit the nail on the head.

http://i.imgur.com/PUCWx.gif

maven
06-20-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry that I hit the nail on the head.

http://i.imgur.com/PUCWx.gif

I laugh. One more game to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flex Gunmetal
06-20-2012, 11:50 AM
I laugh. One more game to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/1MDvQ.gif

Then we can all forget what a sorry individual you are, until next season.

Kaylore
06-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Maven is a tool.

myMind
06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
This thread is hilarious, and this series isn't over yet.

TonyR
06-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Some of you, because of your blind hate, are completely missing what Simmons is talking about here:

For three quarters, LeBron James played at the single highest level I have ever seen from him. (Yes, I went to Game 6 of last round's Boston series.) This was the greatest Bird impression ever attempted (and executed), something that could only be called "power point guard." He did whatever he wanted on the low post, crashed the boards, got his teammates involved, made the right play time and time again it was like watching Bird 2.0, only if Bird was also one of the three best defenders in the league. To repeat: LeBron was playing like a rich man's version of the fifth-best basketball player of all time. I don't care how much you hated "The Decision" if you can't appreciate what LeBron James is doing right now, you need to start following another sport. It's one of the greatest night-to-night athletic feats we have ever witnessed.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8077467/that-boy-competed

myMind
06-20-2012, 03:14 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jjIfrQqABl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCStud
06-20-2012, 03:57 PM
How embarrassing is it that LeBron's legacy is Mario Chalmers winning him a ring?

How pathetic.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-20-2012, 03:58 PM
How embarrassing is it that LeBron's legacy is Mario Chalmers winning him a ring?

How pathetic.

Better yet, Hardens lack of skill do anything right.

swaiy
06-20-2012, 04:18 PM

How pathetic.

Is this what you'll be calling it when he gets it? Hilarious!

SonOfLe-loLang
06-20-2012, 04:28 PM

How pathetic.

WOW is this ****ing serious? The guy is putting together an ALL TIME playoff series. He's been at it every night, DOMINATING every night, and in many diff ways.

And this is your comment. WOW

KCStud
06-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Better yet, Hardens lack of skill do anything right.

He was definitely off last night. The regular Harden is clutch tho.

maher_tyler
06-20-2012, 05:00 PM

How pathetic.

If it weren't for James they aren't even in the finals!

SonOfLe-loLang
06-20-2012, 05:01 PM
If it weren't for James they aren't even in the finals!

If it werent for James, they wouldnt be up 3-1

oubronco
06-20-2012, 05:08 PM
If it werent for the Refs, they wouldnt be up 3-1

This I can agree on

But the Heat are playing good ball

canadianbroncosfan
06-20-2012, 05:10 PM

How pathetic.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-20-2012, 05:18 PM
This I can agree on

Its tough hatin

RhymesayersDU
06-20-2012, 05:20 PM

How pathetic.

About as pathetic as when John Paxson won Jordan a ring.

Or Steve Kerr winning rings for Jordan and Duncan.

Or Robert Horry winning rings for Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan.

The idiocy is getting ridiculous.

TonyR
06-20-2012, 05:23 PM

How pathetic.

What's embarrassing and pathetic is your lack of understanding of the game. As I quoted Bill Simmons a few posts ago: "...if you can't appreciate what LeBron James is doing right now, you need to start following another sport."

And since you're a Chiefs fans that's now two sports you should give up.

TonyR
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM

Yup, some of these clowns are apparently under the impression that players win championships all by themselves.

Carmelo15
06-20-2012, 05:29 PM

How pathetic.

This is the kind of reasoning one could only expect from a Chiefs fan.

s0phr0syne
06-20-2012, 05:48 PM
This probably goes without saying, but not all Thunder fans are as ridiculously homerrific as the small sample size we have here.

Thunder haven't been bringing their A game for the last 2 games for sure, and really for most of this final series. Heat are executing to the top of their capabilities.

I can't say that I understand basketball well enough to know how the Heat are stifling our offense...from my vantage point it looks like they injected some retard-serum into Harden, Fischer, and to some extent, Ibaka. The rest of the team just isn't helping the 2 superstars out enough. Collison has played out of his mind (in a good way) in spurts.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Turnovers at the wrong time. It killed the spurs and it's doing the same to the thunder. Dribbling the ball off your foot in the most crucial time is not going to get you a ring

OrangeSe7en
06-20-2012, 09:04 PM
What's embarrassing and pathetic is your lack of understanding of the game. As I quoted Bill Simmons a few posts ago: "...if you can't appreciate what LeBron James is doing right now, you need to start following another sport."

And since you're a Chiefs fans that's now two sports you should give up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--fans--lebron-s-image-won-t-be-repaired-with-a-title.html

Suck on that. Darren Rovell > Bill Simmons.

Deal with it.

Kid A
06-20-2012, 09:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--fans--lebron-s-image-won-t-be-repaired-with-a-title.html

Deal with it.

That entire Rovell article is about how people still won't like James because he comes across as entitled or whatever. That has nothing to do with how good he has been in these playoffs (he has been amazing) - it's just showing a lot of casual observers don't care about the actual game, they care about personality (at least as they perceive it). Shocking.

And that's exactly what Simmons was referring to: if you are still so caught up in hating James because of how he handled FA two years ago that you can't appreciate/acknowledge how amazing he has been the last couple months, you likely aren't a very big fan of the game itself. James does things you don't get to see very often, no matter how much NBA you watch.

It's like Brady or Manning (pre-Broncos) playing QB against us in the last decade: you might have hated the SOBs, but as someone who watches the game religiously, you can't help but but be glad you at least got to witness a once-in-a-generation talent at its peak.

I'd laugh my head off if OKC storms back to take the series, but as it stands I can at least have some awe watching the best talent of his era play near his peak potential.

RhymesayersDU
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM

Deal with it.

Another pretty silly post from the anti-LeBron contingent.

Nobody is saying you have to "like" LeBron the person. "The Decision" was moronic and it will haunt him for his career and beyond.

But on-court, if you can't appreciate that he's the best basketball player on the planet, Simmons is correct, why even follow basketball.

OrangeSe7en
06-20-2012, 10:02 PM

Nobody is saying you have to "like" LeBron the person. "The Decision" was moronic and it will haunt him for his career and beyond.

But on-court, if you can't appreciate that he's the best basketball player on the planet, Simmons is correct, why even follow basketball.

On the contrary. Whats worse than the "anti-Lebron contingent" is the contingent of people who try to get out in front of the "anti-Lebron contingent".

What this article shows is that, there's nothing you can do to stop it. So you're going to have to deal with the fact that people don't like him. The article also points out that there has been a shift in how people see him (from good to bad). What people like you (ie the LeBron apologists) fail to realize is that there are a variety of reasons for why a lot of different people don't like him. What the LeBron apologists try to do is over simplify the matter by trying to pretend that every one who dislikes him, dislike him for the very same reasons. People like you and TonyR continuously fail to wrap your minds around these things, that are simple and should be obvious. You also seem to fail to understand that you're not required to like someone. So again, deal with it.

maven
06-20-2012, 10:16 PM

How pathetic.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/f/f0/Facepalm.gif

maven
06-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Then we can all forget what a sorry individual you are, until next season.

Denver Broncos

KCStud
06-20-2012, 10:20 PM
About as pathetic as when John Paxson won Jordan a ring.

Or Steve Kerr winning rings for Jordan and Duncan.

Or Robert Horry winning rings for Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan.

Those players stepped up in the clutch. LBJ is still a NO SHOW when it counts in the 4th quarter. When his team needs a shot, he either doesn't come through or he gives it to somebody else.

KCStud
06-20-2012, 10:21 PM

He is the best basketball player on earth....in the first 3 quarters.

maven
06-20-2012, 10:28 PM
He is the best basketball player on earth....in the first 3 quarters.

Those players stepped up in the clutch. LBJ is still a NO SHOW when it counts in the 4th quarter. When his team needs a shot, he either doesn't come through or he gives it to somebody else.

Don't stop now, keep on going.

maven
06-20-2012, 10:31 PM

Deal with it.

You posted an article from this guy?

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Picture-54.png

maven
06-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Maven is a tool.

http://i.minus.com/ibkkqfcJ8qa5NQ.gif

maven
06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
This I can agree on

The series isn't over yet. You still have hope.

maven
06-20-2012, 10:39 PM
And what happened to team basketball? I have never seen OKC use so much isolation until this game. Miami just seemed more cohesive as a unit than they have ever been.

You should post more in this thread. Do so next season.

maven
06-20-2012, 10:52 PM
24 hours to go...................

http://www.101fundraising.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/champaign.gif

OrangeSe7en
06-20-2012, 10:53 PM
You posted an article from this guy?

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Picture-54.png

No offense but the President of your own baseball team called you guys stupid. Not that pic was damning anyway.

maven
06-20-2012, 11:14 PM
No offense but the President of your own baseball team called you guys stupid. Not that pic was damning anyway.

You have mentioned this a couple of times in this thread. Is this all you have? While they are the local team, the stadium should have went to public vote.

TonyR
06-21-2012, 07:03 AM
That entire Rovell article is about how people still won't like James because he comes across as entitled or whatever. That has nothing to do with how good he has been in these playoffs (he has been amazing) - it's just showing a lot of casual observers don't care about the actual game, they care about personality (at least as they perceive it). Shocking.

And that's exactly what Simmons was referring to: if you are still so caught up in hating James because of how he handled FA two years ago that you can't appreciate/acknowledge how amazing he has been the last couple months, you likely aren't a very big fan of the game itself. James does things you don't get to see very often, no matter how much NBA you watch.

^ Yup, pretty much all of this. Right on the money.

TonyR
06-21-2012, 07:25 AM
On the contrary. Whats worse than the "anti-Lebron contingent" is the contingent of people who try to get out in front of the "anti-Lebron contingent".

What this article shows is that, there's nothing you can do to stop it. So you're going to have to deal with the fact that people don't like him. The article also points out that there has been a shift in how people see him (from good to bad). What people like you (ie the LeBron apologists) fail to realize is that there are a variety of reasons for why a lot of different people don't like him. What the LeBron apologists try to do is over simplify the matter by trying to pretend that every one who dislikes him, dislike him for the very same reasons. People like you and TonyR continuously fail to wrap your minds around these things, that are simple and should be obvious. You also seem to fail to understand that you're not required to like someone. So again, deal with it.

LOL What a load of horsesh*t. Again, you're missing the point. Who cares whether or not you "like" him? What are you, 12? There are a lot of talented people who are very flawed people. Nobody's telling you that you have to "like" them. The point is to enjoy their art, and to understand and appreciate what you're seeing. I don't see anyone "apologizing" for LeBron here. What I see are some people pointing out what a great basketball player he is. Win or lose he has been brilliant this postseason. If you're too ignorant and/or immature to see that well then that's both your problem and your loss.

NFLBRONCO
06-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I wanted OKC to win this series. Nothing to do with James who cares if he gets a ring. He's the best player in the league. My reason is everybody copies and it will more dream teams and 25 crappy teams. I think NBA would be as big as NFL IF more different teams won rings.

Even if Miami wins it all. OKC has nothing to be pissed about they are a solid team. From what I read here it was unforced turnovers and too much standing around that cost them this series. What happened to amish Hardin is he out of order.

swaiy
06-21-2012, 09:30 AM
Tonight King James and the Heat will attain greatness and haters across the land will weep with sweet, delicious tasting tears.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 09:39 AM
OKC still thinks they have a chance. Durant said that they were told that they only had a 6% chance to beat the Spurs after losing the first two games of that series. Well a 6% chance is better than 0%. They are fighting against 0-30.

s0phr0syne
06-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Even if Thunder end up losing the series, I want them to bring the series back here to OKC!

TTFU

Beantown Bronco
06-21-2012, 09:45 AM
I wanted OKC to win this series. Nothing to do with James who cares if he gets a ring. He's the best player in the league. My reason is everybody copies and it will more dream teams and 25 crappy teams. I think NBA would be as big as NFL IF more different teams won rings.

To be fair, this all started with the Cs. Miami's just copying their "Big 3" model. Doesn't really matter what Miami does this year. The league already started shifting this way IMO.

swaiy
06-21-2012, 09:47 AM
To be fair, this all started with the Cs. Miami's just copying their "Big 3" model. Doesn't really matter what Miami does this year. The league already started shifting this way IMO.

What about when the Lakers tried that failure of a dream team with Gary Payton and company?

ludo21
06-21-2012, 09:55 AM
What about when the Lakers tried that failure of a dream team with Gary Payton and company?

that was the all time "past their prime" team. Totally different from the C's. and Heat.

swaiy
06-21-2012, 10:00 AM
that was the all time "past their prime" team. Totally different from the C's. and Heat.

True. I mean the basic concept of a bunch of superstars getting together to make a run. The Heat and C's are different but the underlying concept isn't if that makes sense.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:28 AM
The Celtics aren't hated like the Heat for making a big 3 because Pierce was already there (I believe he was under contract, so he didn't chose to partner up with two other super stars), Garnet was traded for, so again, he didn't seek out to create a big 3, and the only player who decided to go to Boston was Ray Allen. Two of their big 3 got there by the way of the draft and making a trade. Only one through free agency.

But the Heat, they had three players pretty much decide to land in one spot. So the Heat really didn't do anything to build that team, they were just the lucky ones to be the choice where these three decided to go. That rubs fans the wrong way, especially fans who have a favorite team. It under minds the work of every other team who is trying to draft smart, make smart trades, and make the smart free agent pick ups.

Some people say that the Lakers built super teams. Yeah, but looking at what they did in '96, they took big time risks. They traded a legit center for a high school kid that nobody ever heard about, and there was no telling if Kobe would actually become what Jerry West spotted. And when they traded Divac, they didn't have Shaq, and there was no telling if Shaq would even come. The Lakers made aggressive moves that could have blown up in their faces. Instead it set them up for the next 16 years.

I can't think of any other team that has been constructed in the fashion that the Heat were. It is almost like cherry picking titles. People aren't going to root for that, which is why a lot of people were rooting for the Thunder. They made great moves to build that team, and then they had to develop their young talent. It is the opposite of what the Heat did.

maven
06-21-2012, 10:35 AM
But the Heat, they had three players pretty much decide to land in one spot. So the Heat really didn't do anything to build that team, they were just the lucky ones to be the choice where these three decided to go. That rubs fans the wrong way, especially fans who have a favorite team. It under minds the work of every other team who is trying to draft smart, make smart trades, and make the smart free agent pick ups.

Wade was never going to leave Miami.

Bosh was a Free Agent and left Toronto. Same as with the King who was a Free Agent and left Cleveland.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Wade was never going to leave Miami.

Bosh was a Free Agent and left Toronto. Same as with the King who was a Free Agent and left Cleveland.

You don't know that Wade was never going to leave. He could have, and if LeBron had gone in a different direction, I wouldn't have been surprised if Wade did leave. There were rumors that he may have ended up in a few places. If I'm remembering right, the Bulls were one of those teams.

Point is they were all free agents and decided to sign with the same team. The Heat didn't have to do anything, they were just the chosen team.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:59 AM
So, is LeBron more hurt than he is letting on? This will be interesting tonight.

ludo21
06-21-2012, 11:00 AM
Ill say this:

Lebron is a beast and all around great player. Top 10 ever for sure.

but.... if he were still in Cleveland I would be rooting for him to win one for them, now not so much. But I dont hate him, just find his quest for a title to fun to watch. It would be better for the NBA long term if Lebron lost again

OrangeSe7en
06-21-2012, 11:57 AM
You have mentioned this a couple of times in this thread. Is this all you have? While they are the local team, the stadium should have went to public vote.

Is that all? Believe me, it's plenty.

OrangeSe7en
06-21-2012, 12:00 PM
LOL What a load of horsesh*t. Again, you're missing the point. Who cares whether or not you "like" him? What are you, 12? There are a lot of talented people who are very flawed people. Nobody's telling you that you have to "like" them. The point is to enjoy their art, and to understand and appreciate what you're seeing. I don't see anyone "apologizing" for LeBron here. What I see are some people pointing out what a great basketball player he is. Win or lose he has been brilliant this postseason. If you're too ignorant and/or immature to see that well then that's both your problem and your loss.

You obviously care. You're constantly trying to chastize people for disliking him. And you most definitely have been a LeBron apologist. You've done such things as say something along the lines of "it's not like he raped anyone". Sorry but that alone, doesnt entitle you to respect/admiration. You've basically asserted the tired act of Collin Cowherd by saying something along the lines of, "if you don't like LeBron, it's a you problem." There are a lot of valid reasons for not liking LeBron, one of them being, that he took the easy way out. There's no side door to the hall of greatness.

OrangeCrush2724
06-21-2012, 01:07 PM

LoL, He still doesn't get the point. Why bother debating with someone who can't comprehend your argument...reminds me of Sarah Palin, ask her a question, and she still goes on with her babble.

OrangeCrush2724
06-21-2012, 01:15 PM
OKC still thinks they have a chance. Durant said that they were told that they only had a 6% chance to beat the Spurs after losing the first two games of that series. Well a 6% chance is better than 0%. They are fighting against 0-30.

If any team can turn it around, it's OKC. They are just very explosive. They win tonight, watch out!

OrangeCrush2724
06-21-2012, 01:24 PM
So, is LeBron more hurt than he is letting on? This will be interesting tonight.

You do realize that it was a cramp in his leg, and not a pull or strain. Also, James has showed countless times of playing hurt.

OrangeSe7en
06-21-2012, 02:10 PM
LoL, He still doesn't get the point. Why bother debating with someone who can't comprehend your argument...reminds me of Sarah Palin, ask her a question, and she still goes on with her babble.

You're one of the people that David Samson was talking about.

OrangeCrush2724
06-21-2012, 02:21 PM
You're one of the people that David Samson was talking about.

Edit: for being rude...

TonyR
06-21-2012, 02:28 PM
You've done such things as say something along the lines of "it's not like he raped anyone".

Yes, the obvious point being that LeBron hasn't done anything even close to the level of rape and yet is hated as if he has. That's not apologizing. That's pointing out a fact.

There are a lot of valid reasons for not liking LeBron, one of them being, that he took the easy way out.

Sigh. Once again, you can hate the person all you want. But what does that have to do with appreciating his game? To not appreciate his game is to not appreciate the sport.

NFLBRONCO
06-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Lebron the person- Probrably a Prick
Lebron the player- Best player in NBA

maher_tyler
06-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Yes, the obvious point being that LeBron hasn't done anything even close to the level of rape and yet is hated as if he has. That's not apologizing. That's pointing out a fact.

Sigh. Once again, you can hate the person all you want. But what does that have to do with appreciating his game? To not appreciate his game is to not appreciate the sport.

Totally agree! Don't like him after the "Decision" but he's a great player. He's matured greatly, even from last year...

OrangeSe7en
06-21-2012, 05:57 PM

Thats far from fact. Thats highly speculative whether he's hated as if he's rated someone. The fact that you would even attempt to quantify how the masses rank what James has done in relation to rape is perfect proof of how stupid this comment is. And, again, no, its not fact.

Along those lines, do you make it a daily crusade to admonish people who badmouth OJ Simpson? He is an all time great RB, after all.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
LeBron is fine. Game is a wrap.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 07:10 PM
You do realize that it was a cramp in his leg, and not a pull or strain. Also, James has showed countless times of playing hurt.

You do realize that it has been a topic on sports radio and TV the past couple days?

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 07:14 PM

I'd say you're going a bit far in saying that he's hated as much as somebody who committed rape. And it is okay not to like a player. I've never liked Tom Brady. And before a few months ago, nobody around here liked Peyton Manning.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 07:45 PM
See this is exactly what i'm talking about KD gets an offensive foul for droppin his shoulder on his drive but Lebron does it almost everytime and never gets called at all

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 08:00 PM
OU I'd be more worried about the fisher/harden bricks that the shoulder nudges.

Lebrron isn't hated as much as it seems. It's the lovers constantly making it known that some people hate him. No one brings up his comment about us "regular people" having to go back to our "miserable" lives. Classic rich punk mentality.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 08:02 PM
This is turning into a blowout. Looks like I was right about that spurs thunder series. They didn't win cause they were the best, they won cause the spurs played exactly like the thunder are playin now

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 08:05 PM
This is ugly Maven is moist right now.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 08:07 PM
This is turning ugly! I'm just fuggin shocked they're calling fouls now that they have a big lead though

Bacchus
06-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Who was the lady kissing all the Heat players as they went into the lockeroom?

oubronco
06-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Team Ho

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Who was the lady kissing all the Heat players as they went into the lockeroom?

Hope it wasn't one of the chicks Willynowei banged without a rubber

maven
06-21-2012, 08:28 PM
24 minutes to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

give Harden an Oscar for his performance so far

hahhaha

make it rain miller!!!

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 08:29 PM
LeBron's mom? ;D

myMind
06-21-2012, 08:41 PM
The Heat can't miss a 3, my god.

TonyR
06-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd say you're going a bit far in saying that he's hated as much as somebody who committed rape. And it is okay not to like a player. I've never liked Tom Brady. And before a few months ago, nobody around here liked Peyton Manning.

A bit far? Yes, I'm exaggerating to make the point.

And as for your Brady comment, yes you hate him. So do I. But you will admit what a great QB he is, right? I do. And that's exactly my point.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 08:54 PM
A bit far? Yes, I'm exaggerating to make the point.

And as for your Brady comment, yes you hate him. So do I. But you will admit what a great QB he is, right? I do. And that's exactly my point.

Brady never told us to go back to our miserable lives either.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Thunder offense looks ridiculous right now. Every heat player touches the ball on an offensive possession. For thunder it's individual dribbling and just one on one play. This series and season is over.

maher_tyler
06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
:giggle: that was not a flagrant

myMind
06-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Game over. James gets the bull**** flagrant.
I bet Maven dressed his sexdoll up in its sexiest outfit for tonight.

maher_tyler
06-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Thunder offense looks ridiculous right now. Every heat player touches the ball on an offensive possession. For thunder it's individual dribbling and just one on one play. This series and season is over.

Okc don't look like they even want to be there..it's pathetic!

Kid A
06-21-2012, 09:03 PM
I moved past begrudging LeBron / Bosh / Wade etc. But, god, watching them celebrate a championship in the flakiest sports town in the country doesn't make it go down easy. Then again, the Marlins have two world championships too. There are no sports gods.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:04 PM
This series was over before it started

OrangeCrush2724
06-21-2012, 09:05 PM
If this was a heavyweight fight, they would stop it!

maven
06-21-2012, 09:05 PM
thunder down b****!!!!!

hahhahahahahajajaa

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:06 PM
Can't even get a call down 25

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Wow. How embarassing for the Thunder.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:07 PM
That's what you call total bullshyt

maher_tyler
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Chalmers turning into quite the douche bag...

Kid A
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Over/Under on LeBron doing the Jordan-run-to-the-locker-room-and-cry thing at the buzzer?

maven
06-21-2012, 09:11 PM
in 12 minutes the chip will be raised in south beach

ahhhhhh yahjhhjjjjjj!!!!

Kid A
06-21-2012, 09:13 PM
What with the Spurs and Celtics making what looked like a last hurrah this season, the Bulls not getting Rose back until later in next season, and the Lakers in some disarray, what are the odds we see this exact same Finals series next year?

maher_tyler
06-21-2012, 09:16 PM
:giggle: ref just padded Spolstra on the shoulder as he ran by...it's rigged!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 09:16 PM
What with the Spurs and Celtics making what looked like a last hurrah this season, the Bulls not getting Rose back until later in next season, and the Lakers in some disarray, what are the odds we see this exact same Finals series next year?

Proabably zero. The west will still have stronger teams. Dallas will throw huge money in free agency. Spurs will have some money to spend and 2 potential sleeper stars in Nando and Lorbek joining the team. Lakers will adjust. Clippers are still progressing. Memphis will be the sleeper pick though.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:17 PM
:giggle: ref just padded Spolstra on the shoulder as he ran by...it's rigged!

I saw that too

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Back to the Brady/Lebron comparison for hate. It's not even close. Basketball is barely relavent in America compared to football. Football rules any and ALL major sports in this country.

maher_tyler
06-21-2012, 09:20 PM
I saw that too

I rewound it to be sure...it was as if he were to say "Mission accomplished!"

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Well the NBA's poster boy will get his ring maybe next year they'll call the finals a little more fairly

swaiy
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
It's a good thing we're fans because some of you would be some crybaby ass athletes.

On another note, Mike Miller is playing like it's his last game of his career. He should retire after this. My back hurts watching him run up and down the court. Miller has heart.

Kid A
06-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Proabably zero. The west will still have stronger teams. Dallas will throw huge money in free agency. Spurs will have some money to spend and 2 potential sleeper stars in Nando and Lorbek joining the team. Lakers will adjust. Clippers are still progressing. Memphis will be the sleeper pick though.

True enough. I think the west should be very competitive again, but OKC still has a leg up until we see how those other teams adjust. The East though...as something of a Bulls fan I'm concerned on several levels about Rose's knee/long-term prognosis. The Knicks attempts at star power haven't worked. The only other mega-star in that conference, Howard, is stranded in mess partially of his own making.

Of course at this exact moment in time everything looks favorable for the Heat, but even projecting it out a little they are in as good of shape as they likely imagined when they hatched their 2010 FA plan.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:29 PM
It's a good thing we're fans because some of you would be some crybaby ass athletes.

On another note, Mike Miller is playing like it's his last game of his career. He should retire after this. My back hurts watching him run up and down the court. Miller has heart.

Dude me personally wouldn't have a problem at all with the Heat beating the Thunder if it was a fairly called series but the fact is it wasn't and if you think it was then your just showing your homerism towards Miami

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 09:31 PM
After watching this, I'm not so sure it's a shoe in for the Thunder to make it back year after year. We'll have to see what teams do this offseason. Isn't Harden a free agent? He cost himself some money this past week.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:32 PM
After watching this, I'm not so sure it's a shoe in for the Thunder to make it back year after year. We'll have to see what teams do this offseason. Isn't Harden a free agent? He cost himself some money this past week.

Not sure but they need an tough inside presence badly

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Not sure but they need an tough inside presence badly

They need a few sharp shooters. Who is their best threat from 3?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm interested in seeing if deron Williams and Howard team up.

Bulls are the best all around team in the east IF Rose stays healthy. Heat had role players get hot at the right time. They were only like 19-13 down the stretch. I wouldve liked to see Memphis spurs or lakers against Miami in this series. They match up better. Thunder is just too young. The refs were not on their side, but they just
Looked stale on offense. Harden shrunk up big time.

oubronco
06-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Probably Durant but Harden isn't bad he just isn't having a good series

Kid A
06-21-2012, 09:39 PM
There's the triple double for James. He is very good at basketball.

OrangeCrush2724
06-21-2012, 09:41 PM
in 12 minutes the chip will be raised in south beach

ahhhhhh yahjhhjjjjjj!!!!

Enjoy it bro, I'm stuck near buffalo...

swaiy
06-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Dude me personally wouldn't have a problem at all with the Heat beating the Thunder if it was a fairly called series but the fact is it wasn't and if you think it was then your just showing your homerism towards Miami

It's okay man. There's always next year for OKC.

maven
06-21-2012, 09:44 PM
so happy!!!!!!!!!

off to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maher_tyler
06-21-2012, 09:45 PM
I read some where that Rose is ahead of schedule...

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Durant seems like such a good kid.

myMind
06-21-2012, 09:52 PM
Congrats to the Heat and Bronbron for getting that monkey off his back.
I wanted the Sonics to win, but the Heat were clearly the better team. I am looking forward to seeing the Heat and Thunder do this for years to come...with different results. 8')

go_broncos
06-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Congrats Lebron and Heat..

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 09:55 PM
F*** you Nike and your shi*** ******* commercial.

Kid A
06-21-2012, 09:55 PM
"I have only four words. This one's for Juwan."

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2012, 09:58 PM
RT @LAIreland: FWIW: Jordan won his first NBA Finals MVP at age 28. Kobe won his first at 30. LeBron is going to win his at 27

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I read some where that Rose is ahead of schedule...

Terrell Davis was also ahead of schedule and he "dominated" his rehab program. I'm just saying. ;D

Kid A
06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
I feel pretty good for Spoelstra. Put in an impossible situation where anything short of a title and he's the scapegoat. That said, he shouldn't be trying to pull off the backward hat look.

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Dan Gilbert ‏@cavsdan

Great NBA season. Enjoyed playoffs. Congratulations to Miami & OKC for an exciting Finals. Back to work on next weeks promising Cavs draft.

Classy enough. Never should have made the promise that he made. I do like the competitiveness though.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:03 PM
RT @LAIreland: FWIW: Jordan won his first NBA Finals MVP at age 28. Kobe won his first at 30. LeBron is going to win his at 27

How old was Tony Parker

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Let's just hope Rose isn't Roy

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Okay, so, yeah, basketball is over... what now?

Football season is a long way away.

KCStud
06-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Now that Tebow is a backup and LBJ has a ring, Skip Bayless suddenly has nothing to talk about.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:06 PM

This is the dark days. Olympics I guess. But they don't start for a while either. Baseball is just too long and irrelavent during these days.

DENVERDUI55
OKC can't win with Westbrook. He keeps both teams in the game.

swaiy
I have nothing but total respect for Durant. He congratulated the Heat, gave away his shoes to the fans, and was just flat out the epitome of a humble basketball player. Man. I'll be rooting for him next year. At least until he plays against the Heat.

SoCalBronco
06-21-2012, 10:07 PM

Kobe won his first title just three, four years ago? Really?

Who writes this ****?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Well the haters will put an asterisk on this thanks to Rose's knee.

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Kobe won his first title just three, four years ago? Really?

Who writes this ****?

Finals MVP. Not title.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I have nothing but total respect for Durant. He congratulated the Heat, gave away his shoes to the fans, and was just flat out the epitome of a humble basketball player. Man. I'll be rooting for him next year. At least until he plays against the Heat.

I agree. He is one amazing athlete and person.

SoCalBronco
06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Finals MVP. Not title.

Ahh I read it wrong, my bad.

Drunken.Broncoholic
Finals MVP. Not title.

Ha! I almost made that mistake. I re read and saw
The finals MVP in there and edited to tony Parker.

KCStud
OKC can't win with Westbrook. He keeps both teams in the game.

Westbrook is the one who has kept OKC in a number of games.

Kid A
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Well the haters will put an asterisk on this thanks to Rose's knee.

Or the shortened season. Whatever, even as someone who isn't a big fan of James, he obviously deserves it. My #1 concern is that Rose's knee doesn't keep him from reaching his full potential in a few years, because there aren't many more deserving young stars in the league.

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Ha! I almost made that mistake. I re read and saw
The finals MVP in there and edited to tony Parker.

:rofl: I did a double take as well.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Or the shortened season. Whatever, even as someone who isn't a big fan of James, he obviously deserves it. My #1 concern is that Rose's knee doesn't keep him from reaching his full potential in a few years, because there aren't many more deserving young stars in the league.

Ya It would be a shame. I feel for Brandon Roy(although he's talkin about a comeback) and I dont want to see Rose have lingering effects.

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2012, 10:18 PM

NBA Draft talk, although I don't think the Lakers have a first round pick.

BroncoInferno
06-21-2012, 10:21 PM
No matter how many championships LeBron wins with Miami, the fact is he'll (deservedly) never get the credit he would have with Cleveland, and rightly so. He couldn't win on his own, he needed two more superstars to take the pressure off himself. He'd a coward, period. Tonyr can suck his cock all he wants, it won't change the fact that he needed two other stars to win, something the Larry Birds, the Magic Johnsons, the Michael Jordans, the true heros of NBA history, did not need. FACT.

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
No matter how many championships LeBron wins with Miami, the fact is he'll (deservedly) never get the credit he would have with Cleveland, and rightly so. He couldn't win on his own, he needed two more superstars to take the pressure off himself. He'd a coward, period. Tonyr can suck his cock all he wants, it won't change the fact that he needed two other stars to win, something the Larry Birds, the Magic Johnsons, the Michael Jordans, the true heros of NBA history, did not need. FACT.

That is DUMB.

Do you know how many Hall of Fame players Larry and Magic had with them? And Scottie Pippen was phenomenal.

I agree that those teams didn't do the "super team" thing via free agency, but those Magic and Bird teams were STACKED.

s0phr0syne
06-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Congrats to the miami heat and their supporters.,

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Nope.

ohiobronco2
06-21-2012, 10:25 PM
That is DUMB.

Do you know how many Hall of Fame players Larry and Magic had with them? And Scottie Pippen was phenomenal.

I agree that those teams didn't do the "super team" thing via free agency, but those Magic and Bird teams were STACKED.

There is some truth to what you are saying. I will say that I think a title would mean more to the people of Cleveland. They haven't won a title in ages.

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Celtic HOF'ers (w/ Bird)

Larry Bird (1979–1992)
Dennis Johnson (1983–1990)
Kevin McHale (1980–1993)
Robert Parish (1980–1994)

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Magic and Bird teams were stacked. But Jordan's wasn't. Sure Pippen was great, but what did he do when Jordan was swinging a bat in TripleA baseball? Had Jordan stayed in the NBA Hakeem would not have a ring.

That's why no one will ever be Jordan.

RhymesayersDU
06-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Magic and Bird teams were stacked. But Jordan's wasn't. Sure Pippen was great, but what did he do when Jordan was swinging a bat in TripleA baseball? Had Jordan stayed in the NBA Hakeem would not have a ring.

Scottie Pippen is an enigma. Ask anybody from that era, player, coach, whatever, and they sing Scottie's praises all day long. But on court, without Jordan, it just wasn't the same, I agree.

Although, some have said that the Bulls team right after Jordan left was horrible and that Scottie willed that team to the playoffs and that it was quite an accomplishment. Truthfully I don't remember it well enough.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:37 PM
so happy!!!!!!!!!

off to celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you wear that pink shirt you have. The guys on South Beach will love you in it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Scottie Pippen is an enigma. Ask anybody from that era, player, coach, whatever, and they sing Scottie's praises all day long. But on court, without Jordan, it just wasn't the same, I agree.

Although, some have said that the Bulls team right after Jordan left was horrible and that Scottie willed that team to the playoffs and that it was quite an accomplishment. Truthfully I don't remember it well enough.

I wouldn't say 55 games won in the regular season was horrible. Jordan came back after that 55 win season late in the following year, so most don't count that. The next full season they went on the 2nd 3peat. I think they would've won 6 in a row had he not retired

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 10:40 PM

that team was a BS foul on Hubert Davis away from the ECF. Scottie was awesome.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-21-2012, 10:40 PM
good for Bron. Enough of this nonsense about him. He's awesome, one of the all time greats, and he had an all time playoff. Congrats to him

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:42 PM

I didn't think that there were any great teams in the 90s. Partly due to expansion. No team was stacked, included the Bulls. The Bulls didn't need a loaded team to run through the NBA that decade, and the Lakers and Celtics from the 80s would have run right through them.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-21-2012, 10:46 PM
I didn't think that there were any great teams in the 90s. Partly due to expansion. No team was stacked, included the Bulls. The Bulls didn't need a loaded team to run through the NBA that decade, and the Lakers and Celtics from the 80s would have run right through them.

Growing up watching Jordan was amazing for me. Never have seen another player as great regardless of the talent in the league. That
Was a rough decade until the end for me. Then Tim Duncan was gift wrapped on the doorstep.

Jason in LA
06-21-2012, 10:47 PM

The NBA draft is not going to get me through the summer. I'm just going to go out drinking a lot. Hit the beach a lot. Live like I'm from LA. That will do it.