PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Flex Gunmetal
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Quite an honorable pursuit. If that's how you want to expend your energy, have at it. The exaggerated level of hate, criticism, and expectation heaped on the guy is nothing short of astounding. Simpletons need their villains, and apparently you've found yours. Congrats!

Takes less energy to root against him as it does to defend him as adamantly as you do.
He's hated because of his own words and actions. speaking in the third person, telling average Americans how pathetic their lives are compared to his, chosen one, guaranteeing 8 titles, the decision. All this coupled with his pathetic 4th quarter finals efforts make it easy to root against him.

TonyR
06-14-2012, 10:56 AM
...But I hardly think I'm crazy to not want the guy to win a title in the first few years in Miami.

I think everything you said is reasonable. I react more to the hyperbolic, irrational, deranged, level of contempt some people seem to have for him. If I was a Cleveland fan I'd probably dislike him immensely. I just don't really understand why anybody else really cares all that much. He appears to be pretty much squeaky clean off the court. No police blotter material or other transgressions that I'm aware of. And as I've stated before he plays an unselfish style of basketball. Far more reason to hate a guy like Kobe Bryant, for example. People are going to say they don't hate Kobe because he has succeeded, but I don't think people hate LeBron for his "failings", real or perceived. If the Heat win the title this year are people going to hate him less? I'm just perplexed why people care so much about how he's supposedly wronged the world.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 11:27 AM
As much fun as some of us have had at the Heat's expense over the last day, this series is far from over, and the Heat are just as much in it as they were before Game 1. If the Heat win Game 2, the conversation here over the next few days will be drastically different (and Maven will be back).

I'd say that the Thunder needed Game 1 more than the Heat. If the Thunder had lost they would be facing the potential of being down 0-2 heading back to Miami. Game 2 would of had some series pressure on them to win because the series would have been over if they didn't.

All the Heat really needed was a split over the first two games, and if they get it, then they are in good shape to win the series. I wouldn't call tonight a "must win" for them, but losing does put them in a tough position. A Thunder win means that they could take a commanding lead with a Game 3 or 4 victory. Even if the Heat win both of those games, the Thunder can still come home with a 3-2 lead with a Game 5 win. And even if the Heat win all 3 home games, the Thunder will still be coming home.

So winning Game 2 is important for the Heat, but it doesn't put them out of the series if they lose.

TonyR
06-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Good point, JiLA. A lot of people thought Boston had it until LeBron exploded in that epic performance in game 6. I expect OKC to win the series but people need to remember that OKC was "supposed" to win that first game at home. If LeBron shows up with that blank expression he had in that Boston game* we could have a fun series on our hands.

* Bill Simmons retells the story very well here:

...LeBron strolled out with a creepy look on his face, a relaxed, detached expression that said … well … we didn't know. Was he pissed off? Had he checked out? Had he finally turned on his teammates? He was barely interacting with them, lost in his own little world, like he was wearing headphones we couldn't see. He was definitely playing hard, but you couldn't interpret what the overall vibe meant. Was this like a Dwight Howard thing? Like, "I'm here to do my job, and I'm going to try hard, just know that I'm here because I have to be?" Had the pressure finally broken him? Was he feuding with Wade? What was his agenda?

And then … the shots started going in. Swish. Swish. Swish. It's like Miami realized, "Oh yeah, the Celtics don't have anyone who can guard LeBron James," and more important, LeBron realized it. He stopped worrying about sharing the ball, getting teammates involved, swinging it to the open man, being liked. Maybe LeBron said to himself, "F*** it, I'm playing all 48 minutes, I'm scoring at least 50 points, and if we still blow this game, nobody can blame me." Maybe he said, "Wade already has a ring, it's time to get mine." Maybe someone (Wade?) said to him, "Enough with this me-then-you-then-me crap, it's your team, hog the ball, do your thing and take us home." Maybe Game 5's embarrassing defeat, as well as the humiliating "Good Job, Good Effort" kid and 36 hours of "Should they break up the Heat?" stories pissed him off. Maybe Worldwide Wes gave him an awesome pregame speech along the lines of the chef from Vision Quest.

I don't know what happened. I just know the shots wouldn't stop going in. After about the fifth dagger in a row (he made 10 straight), the crowd started groaning on every make — shades of Philly's Andrew Toney ripping our hearts out 30 years ago. If you've ever been in the building for one of those games, you know there isn't a deadlier sound. He single-handedly murdered one of the giddiest Celtics crowds I can remember. Thirty points in the first half. Thirty! All with that blank look on his face. It was like watching surveillance video of a serial killer coldly dismembering a body and sticking the parts in the fridge. Only we were right there...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8026268/the-consequences-caring

DENVERDUI55
06-14-2012, 06:44 PM
dont have much to say do ya.

:giggle:

This works pretty good on yourself.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Not worried about the Heat's fast start. Same thing happened on Tuesday.

Miami starts while OKC will finish.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Maybe the Thunder were reading this thread and got a little too full of themselves. This is looking like the start of Game 1, but the lead wasn't this big this quick. They better not dig the hole too deep.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 07:35 PM
After the lackluster performance he had in Game 1, I get the feeling that Harden is going to have a HUGE game!

At least...he'd better, given that Durant and Westbrook already have 2 fouls each! :~ohyah!:

DENVERDUI55
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Maybe the Thunder were reading this thread and got a little too full of themselves. This is looking like the start of Game 1, but the lead wasn't this big this quick. They better not dig the hole too deep.

OKC has been down big several times these playoffs and come back to win. It will be close with 5 min left. As my dad says they should make score 80-80 and put 5 min on clock in NBA.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 07:50 PM
When LeBron is out of the game or not doing much (4th period) the Heat pretty much suck.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Thunder offense looks stale. Too much individual dribbling. Not sharing the ball. No passing. Bad shot attempts. Way too many jumpers and 3 point attempts. The OU kids are not happy about this 1st half. Funny how the fans of teams in here that lose or are in the process of losing never show up

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 08:13 PM
The Heat seem to be getting a ridiculous amount of offensive rebounds. Second chance points are killing the Thunder.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 08:19 PM
In the last game the Thunder went on a mini run just before halftime to get the lead down to 7. That was pretty big. This time the Heat went on a mini run last to make sure the lead stayed in the double digets. The Thunder have their work cut out for them.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Funny how the fans of teams in here that lose or are in the process of losing never show up
Honestly, I'll admit that I only show up in these threads during the finals. I don't care enough about the NBA to follow the thread during the entire season. But once it's finals time, with all of the chips on the table, I always choose someone to root for (more accurately, I choose someone to root against). Three years in a row it was Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. And now last year + this year it's Heat, Heat.

If it ain't the Suns, I just pick the finals team I hate more, and then I root for their opponent with all of my heart! It may seem backwards, but I give it my all regardless!

Edit: it's the same with the Super Bowl. I swear you've never heard anyone root louder for any team than me, whoever is playing against the Steelers, Patriots, or Colts!!

oubronco
06-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Thunder offense looks stale. Too much individual dribbling. Not sharing the ball. No passing. Bad shot attempts. Way too many jumpers and 3 point attempts. The OU kids are not happy about this 1st half. Funny how the fans of teams in here that lose or are in the process of losing never show up

Just checked in and ran across this. You think that maybe we are watching the game? And the way their playing isn't unusual they seem to play flat early sometimes it just takes longer for them to get it going. But the Heat are playing good ball too

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Seems like everytime the Thunder are on the verge of getting back in the game, the Heat answer and push the lead back up. The Thunder can't wait forever to get out of this hole.

DENVERDUI55
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Seems like everytime the Thunder are on the verge of getting back in the game, the Heat answer and push the lead back up. The Thunder can't wait forever to get out of this hole.

I guess Maven will be back tonight.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Down to 11 now...if it gets to single digits after the next possession, the comeback is on!

Coming up: Defensive stop/2-pointer/defensive stop/3-pointer...6 point game at that point!

oubronco
06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
Man I haven't seen a guy get away with pushing off like this since Micheal Irvin

oubronco
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
I call absolute BS....Lebron drops his shoulder and runs over someone and it's a foul on them then Harden gets cut off and it's a offensive foul....I mean comeon

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Down to 11 now...if it gets to single digits after the next possession, the comeback is on!

Coming up: Defensive stop/2-pointer/defensive stop/3-pointer...6 point game at that point!

LOL Or...not? Whatever...lots of time left! 4th quarter is clealy advantage: Thunder!

oubronco
06-14-2012, 09:07 PM
If they ever start calling offensive fouls when Lebron has the ball this game would be a close one

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:11 PM
The real westbrook showed up tonight. This is why he's not an elite guard in this league

ohiobronco2
06-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Durant, what a horrible foul.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Thunder can still pull this out. But the multiple shots by Westbrook gotta stop

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
I retract my assumption about the OU. You guys aint Maven. Who will show up as soon as the game is over

ohiobronco2
06-14-2012, 09:14 PM
God, some of these fouls are ridiculous.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I cannot believe the fouls that have been called (against OKC) and have not been called (against Miami) this quarter. Unbelievable.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:15 PM
That's the thunder I've come to known against the spurs. Durant throwing it down!

oubronco
06-14-2012, 09:16 PM
God, some of these fouls are ridiculous.

Ya think

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Here come the thuuuuunder

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:20 PM
I love how calm Durant's facial expression always is, no matter what the situation (good or bad). :giggle:

myMind
06-14-2012, 09:21 PM
I love how calm Durant's facial expression always is, no matter what the situation (good or bad). :giggle:

Harden too.

ohiobronco2
06-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Nice finish Westbrook.

oubronco
See how when Lebron drives he pushes or rams his shoulder threw the defender? Then watch Durant he goes straight up without pushing off

Durant>Lebron

Jason in LA
LeBron has not scored this period with over 6 minutes gone and the Thunder right back in it.

ohiobronco2
06-14-2012, 09:25 PM
I respect the hell out of Battier (though he didn't call that bank shot). He's a tough, clutch son of a b****.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:27 PM
LeBron has not scored this period with over 6 minutes gone and the Thunder right back in it.

Well, it is the 4th quarter. I mean, it this really a surprise? I know, I know. It's all hyperbole and media exaggeration. Or is it?

Finals Q4 scares the hell out of LeBron!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
Thunder drivin the lane more and the points are rackin up because of that.

OBF1
not again???

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:28 PM
I respect the hell out of Battier (though he didn't call that bank shot). He's a tough, clutch son of a b****.

F that Duke SOB!

/bitter Arizona alumnus

Jason in LA
Including that last shot attempt where LeBron was fouled, he's only attempted two shots this period.

DENVERDUI55
Wade is going to get some BS whistle's coming his way.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Bad game for Durant to have an off-night at the line...

In other news, this is setting up for one hell of a finish!

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Couldn't a foul have been called on that put-back by Westbrook for an and-one??

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Ha! I watched you guys hit every dam free throw against the spurs. Not like harden and Durant to miss.

This game still is the thunder!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:41 PM
Looks like thunder lose this one.

Enter Maven in 3, 2, 1,

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:45 PM
LeBron possibly blows the game by trying with all his might to be the savior!

:rofl:

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Woah woah woah hold off on that countdown

SouthStndJunkie
06-14-2012, 09:46 PM
Huge 3 by Kevin Durant to get within 2 points.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Typical Stern cronie blown call

ohiobronco2
06-14-2012, 09:48 PM
No consistency from the refs tonight. That would have been a weak foul, but they've been calling them all night, why swallow the whistles now?

myMind
So close. You're still not getting a Miami title Maven.

Broncobiv
Nice blown call. Awesome.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Stern is the MVP of this game.

Fcuk the NBA. Crooked like boxing.

hambone13
06-14-2012, 09:50 PM
No consistency from the refs tonight. That would have been a weak foul, but they've been calling them all night, why swallow the whistles now?

Absolutely this..... That was weak.

oubronco
06-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Stern is the MVP of this game.

**** the NBA. Crooked like boxing.

I totally agree

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Love how they've shown the LeBron bank shot about 17 times on replay. Why? Because it was his only field goal of the entire 4th quarter.

Yeah, really dominant performance there, King. Way to close out the game.

Kid A
06-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Bad bad bad no call. But Thunder need to stop these horrific first quarters if they want to hang in this series. Wade showing up tonight made it just a little too big of a hill to climb, as much as Miami tried to repeat last year's Game 2 choke job. Hard to imagine this series ending in 5 for either side.

Tim
Lebron>Durant

oubronco
King my ass he elbows, drops his shoulder and drives thru defenders, and pushes off more than Micheal Irvin

Durant is a better basketball player by far

myMind
Funny how the fans are more adamant about how the officiating might be rigged than the players and coaches. Roll with the punches people. OKC will take at least one in Miami. Three game series come next Tuesday.

colorado jones
06-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Love how they've shown the LeBron bank shot about 17 times on replay. Why? Because it was his only field goal of the entire 4th quarter.

He actually had a dunk too... But point taken.

broncswin
Lebron>Durant

No

oubronco
Funny how the fans are more adamant about how the officiating might be rigged than the players and coaches. Roll with the punches people. OKC will take at least one in Miami. Three game series come next Tuesday.

When it's blatant BS you call that way

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Durant in the 4th > dirk, Kobe, Duncan all in the 4th this playoffs. After 2 games Lebron is now added to this list.

All thunder need to do is stop coming out in the 1st quarter flat.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 09:59 PM

If the Heat had blown that lead LeBron would have been roasted because he did nothing out there in the 4th. I'll give him credit for hitting clutch free throws, but offensively he disappeared again which allowed the Thunder to get back in the game. He stopped shooting the ball. It's like clockwork, 4th period comes around and he is a totally different player.

The annoying thing is that he will probably be praised for that bank shot and hitting the free throws, but he didn't do much of anything to stop the Thunder from getting back in the game.

myMind
06-14-2012, 10:00 PM
When it's blatant BS you call that way

Basketball moves too fast to get every call right. The players know. When KD knows he was fouled and doesn't get the call all he does is look at the ref and give him a wtf look. If this game is rigged, Stern is at the center. I doubt it turns out that way, but Im curious...does Stern have to retire before the NBA gets a new Commish, or is there a term of service?

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 10:01 PM
He actually had a dunk too... But point taken.

Nope, he only made one basket in the 4th, which was the bank shot.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Magic just said that LeBron finally closed. What game was he watching? If he kept scoring like he did in the first 3 periods, they would have won this game by 10 easy.

Tim
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Magic just said that LeBron finally closed. What game was he watching? If he kept scoring like he did in the first 3 periods, they would have won this game by 10 easy.

Did you miss the last 2 minutes?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 10:12 PM

No i saw his lame 3 point brick. the ref wasn't watching his defense that's for sure

Dr. Broncenstein
06-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Westbrook just killed the Thunder tonight. His play tonight is exactly the reason I said he was more expendable than Sefolosha.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 10:13 PM
To quote Rev:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000972371/bertstare_xlarge.jpeg

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 10:15 PM
No i saw his lame 3 point brick. the ref wasn't watching his defense that's for sure

Yeah, that was pathetic. He didn't even attempt to run a play or involve anyone else. It was: dribble near half-court for 10 seconds, run the clock down to one, throw up a long-range three-point brick in a vain attempt to be the hero. Sad.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Just got home!!!!!!!! Man, what a game! I'll say this for OK City, you can't count them out until it hits double zero.

WOW WOW OH YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Just got home!!!!!!!! Man, what a game! I'll say this for OK City, you can't count them out until it hits double zero.

WOW WOW OH YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You gotta be kidding me, lol.

I think by now, Maven just pulls this disappearing/reappearing act on purpose because everyone expects it. Kind of to goad everyone on. No way could someone be so amazingly spineless, and it not be some sort of act.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Back to South Beach. This was the game I knew the Heat would win. And they did.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:22 PM

I think by now, Maven just pulls this disappearing/reappearing act on purpose because everyone expects it. Kind of to goad everyone on. No way could someone be so amazingly spineless, and it not be some sort of act.

It was a gr88888888888888888888888888888888 game wasn't it!!!!!!!

maven
06-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Lebron>Durant

Time speaks the truth. And when Tim speaks, we listen.

^5

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 10:25 PM

Weird...in the past 48 hours I could've sworn your presence was mysteriously absent. I don't remember any such sort of prediction coming out of your mouth. In fact, you haven't made one post on this site since before Game 1.

D'oh! There I go, falling for the exact Maven trolling I spoke of myself a mere 3 posts earlier!

Tim

I saw his clutch shot to make it a 5 point game then I saw him drain two free throws right after KD missed one.

But it might come to a surprise to a thunder fan that the other team actually gets legitimate fouls.. Harden's whole game is charging the lane and going to the line and he gets his 20 points a night but when somebody on the other team does it its david stern's fault:rofl:

Bob's your Information Minister
Smoking gun

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1188305/touch1_1_medium.jpg

maven
06-14-2012, 10:27 PM
wut?! blaming the refs?????? hahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Thunder eating some of their own medicine.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:28 PM
Weird...in the past 48 hours I could've sworn your presence was mysteriously absent. I don't remember any such sort of prediction coming out of your mouth. In fact, you haven't made one post on this site since before Game 1.

D'oh! There I go, falling for the exact Maven trolling I spoke of myself a mere 3 posts earlier!

I predicted the Thunder would win game 1. But, I knew the Heat would swoop in and take away game 2. Back to South Beach!

maven
06-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Smoking gun

Durant should've fouled out with 3 minutes remaining. Keep crying.

DENVERDUI55
06-14-2012, 10:29 PM

Of course you are back now like the spineless little biatch you are. Hmm once upon a time you were a laker fan.....interesting.......http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=41616

Tim
06-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Smoking gun

I agree it should have been a travel.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Of course you are back now like the spineless little biatch you are. Hmm once upon a time you were a laker fan.....interesting.......http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=41616

How does that make me a L8er fan?

Dude went off. I think you forget I'm a basketball fan.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 10:35 PM

Yes, he made two free throws after he was intentionally fouled I believed. I'm not sure how much time was on the clock when he hit that bank shot, the only basket he made in the period. And he also got away with fouling Durant.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:36 PM

What is next, gonna ask how I'm a Bronco fan? The tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 10:36 PM

So... why weren't you here to say that? Oh yeah, that's right, you b**ch out every time the Heat lose.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Yes, he made two free throws after he was intentionally fouled I believed. I'm not sure how much time was on the clock when he hit that bank shot, the only basket he made in the period. And he also got away with fouling Durant.

Damn, you are salty. King James played gr8! If you wanna stick to points, go right ahead. He made plays.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 10:39 PM

You're right. I'm done responding to him/her. Well, I'll try. lol

maven
06-14-2012, 10:40 PM
So... why weren't you here to say that? Oh yeah, that's right, you b**ch out every time the Heat lose.

The Heat are going to win it all. Just letting you know early.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Smoking gun

Question..maybe its been asked: If Durant fouls Lebron in the same sitch, and Bron misses the shot, how many of you guys give him the benefit of the doubt?

NONE.

Games arent won and lost in one shot. Two great players had great games tonight. Lets enjoy the series

maven
06-14-2012, 10:42 PM
I saw his clutch shot to make it a 5 point game then I saw him drain two free throws right after KD missed one.

But it might come to a surprise to a thunder fan that the other team actually gets legitimate fouls.. Harden's whole game is charging the lane and going to the line and he gets his 20 points a night but when somebody on the other team does it its david stern's fault:rofl:

Where's that ginoboli/harden flop i posted. :rofl: that guy flops all day.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Question..maybe its been asked: If Durant fouls Lebron in the same sitch, and Bron misses the shot, how many of you guys give him the benefit of the doubt?

NONE.

Games arent won and lost in one shot. Two great players had great games tonight. Lets enjoy the series

That would have been a pussy foul to call. And as I said earlier, Durant should've fouled out earlier. Refs are giving the Thunder every chance to win.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-14-2012, 10:44 PM

C'mon. People were bitching in game one because he "only" scored 7 in the fourth. Now he had a big bank shot, two big free throws, and some good play in the 4th(for the win) and you're bitching again. Is it gonna take 18 pt fourth quarters from him to silence the critics? He doesnt have what durant has in the 4th (egads!) but hes not rolling over either

SonOfLe-loLang
06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Im not sure what the heat do in practice, but they run some terrible sets. Also, they looked lost against a press

maven
06-14-2012, 10:45 PM
http://i.minus.com/j7PHCGkdU4bah.jpg

The face of a champion.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 10:46 PM
So, Maven, last year during the finals you cut out mid-series (once the Heat stopped winning) and didn't make even one post on the Orange Mane until about 10 weeks later, in mid-August (presumable hoping that everyone would forget what a spineless b**** you are and you could slip back into "Mane society" unnoticed).

So when the Heat lose again this year, will we see a similar self-imposed sabbatical? Or maybe longer because it will be 2 years in a row? Or will you actually show up after the final loss to give props where props are due? (HA! like that would ever happen)

maven
06-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Im not sure what the heat do in practice, but they run some terrible sets. Also, they looked lost against a press

The Heat are very rarely pressed. They usually transition very well if they are, but teams don't run it against them. Yes, it looked a little funky towards the end tonight.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
So, Maven, last year during the finals you cut out mid-series (once the Heat stopped winning) and didn't make even one post on the Orange Mane until about 10 weeks later, in mid-August (presumable hoping that everyone would forget what a spineless b**** you are and you could slip back into "Mane society" unnoticed).

So when the Heat lose again this year, will we see a similar self-imposed sabbatical? Or maybe longer because it will be 2 years in a row? Or will you actually show up after the final loss to give props where props are due? (HA! like that would ever happen)

THE HEAT WILL WIN THE TITLE THIS YEAR.

:thumbs:

maven
06-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Westbrook just killed the Thunder tonight. His play tonight is exactly the reason I said he was more expendable than Sefolosha.

Yes, he did.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 10:50 PM
C'mon. People were b****ing in game one because he "only" scored 7 in the fourth. Now he had a big bank shot, two big free throws, and some good play in the 4th(for the win) and you're b****ing again. Is it gonna take 18 pt fourth quarters from him to silence the critics? He doesnt have what durant has in the 4th (egads!) but hes not rolling over either

First 6.5 minutes of the 4th, with the Thunder coming back, LeBron doesn't score. He only took one shot. Sounds familiar? For the rest of the game, with the Thunder still on the comeback, he only makes one basket.

A story is written differently depending on the outcome, and if the Thunder had pulled off that comeback, LeBron would have been roasted for that fourth quarter. Instead it is like he's clutch. He's lucky that the Thunder ran out of time, because he didn't do much to stop the comeback.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Rio, you better step the **** up next game. You played like trash tonight.

KCStud
06-14-2012, 10:52 PM
The Heat were very fortunate to win this game. their 15 point lead evaporated in the 2nd half. You aren't gonna get away with that very often when playing the Thunder.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:52 PM
First 6.5 minutes of the 4th, with the Thunder coming back, LeBron doesn't score. He only took one shot. Sounds familiar? For the rest of the game, with the Thunder still on the comeback, he only makes one basket.

A story is written differently depending on the outcome, and if the Thunder had pulled off that comeback, LeBron would have been roasted for that fourth quarter. Instead it is like he's clutch. He's lucky that the Thunder ran out of time, because he didn't do much to stop the comeback.

Man, you are salty. I am very happy with King James performance tonight.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM

Oh, I agree and actually thought a couple times "jason is shakin his head." I dont think he was in the game for the first few min of the 4th (if im not mistaken), but partially it was because of the pick and roll they were running. As soon as the pick was set, he was immediately double teamed and would have to pass out. For example, one time he found a cutting wade for a J. Then they started spreading it out a bit for him, and he hit that runner. I agree he could be BETTER, but its not like he completely disappeared there this series either.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_shane_battier.jpg

This guy is HUNGRY for a chip. Keep it up Shane! You were f'n awesome.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-14-2012, 10:54 PM
The Heat were very fortunate to win this game. their 15 point lead evaporated in the 2nd half. You aren't gonna get away with that very often when playing the Thunder.

The thunder look GOOD. But on the same token, the Thunder cant get down by 17 and expect to make every shot in the 4th either. It was too little too late for them tonight. SOmeone needs to control westbrook.

maven
06-14-2012, 10:56 PM
As soon as the pick was set, he was immediately double teamed and would have to pass out. For example, one time he found a cutting wade for a J. Then they started spreading it out a bit for him, and he hit that runner. I agree he could be BETTER, but its not like he completely disappeared there this series either.

He's making the right decisions and the other guys are finishing. There was I believe two plays like this. One was the kick to Wade who hit the shot. The other was a pass to Wade, who then pass to an open Bosh for a dunk. That's team basketball right there and doing what it takes and making the right decisions to win the game.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-14-2012, 10:58 PM
He's making the right decisions and the other guys are finishing. There was I believe two plays like this. One was the kick to Wade who hit the shot. The other was a pass to Wade, who then pass to an open Bosh for a dunk. That's team basketball right there and doing what it takes and making the right decisions to win the game.

Their sets at the end of the game still suck. Ball movement goes out the window. They werent perfect, but got it done

maven
06-14-2012, 11:00 PM

The Heat grabbed game 2 in their house. The Heat have clearly shown they can play with the Thunder. This isn't some news breaking story. Both are gr8 teams right now, and the Heat can easily play and hang with the Thunder. Splitting on the road was the goal of the two games. And the Heat delivered.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 11:01 PM
You sure are making a lot of posts here, Maven. Making up for that weird ~50 hour span when your keyboard was apparently broken? I wonder how many more times in the next week you'll encounter a similar hardware malfunction. hmmm...

maven
06-14-2012, 11:01 PM
Their sets at the end of the game still suck. Ball movement goes out the window. They werent perfect, but got it done

I'll agree, it looked like sh1t. And has looked like sh1t for a while now. It's not something new.

maven
06-14-2012, 11:02 PM
You sure are making a lot of posts here, Maven. Making up for that weird ~50 hour span when your keyboard was apparently broken? I wonder how many more times in the next week you'll encounter a similar hardware malfunction. hmmm...

You have to admit you were entertained tonight, yes? Watching the team in black pull it out.

Jason in LA
06-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh, I agree and actually thought a couple times "jason is shakin his head." I dont think he was in the game for the first few min of the 4th (if im not mistaken), but partially it was because of the pick and roll they were running. As soon as the pick was set, he was immediately double teamed and would have to pass out. For example, one time he found a cutting wade for a J. Then they started spreading it out a bit for him, and he hit that runner. I agree he could be BETTER, but its not like he completely disappeared there this series either.

You're right, according to the play by play he entered the game at the 9:34 mark.

The guy's mentality just changes in the 4th period. For the first 3 periods he was controlling the game. In the 4th, I was watching him during a lot of those possessions, and he wasn't looking to score. As Durant was rising to the moment and the Thunder was playing at a frantic pace, I was looking to see if LeBron would step up and stop the bleeding. But he never did. Like I said, I give him credit for hitting the clutch free throws, and the bank shot was nice. But if he keeps his foot on the gas then they don't even lose their 10+ point lead and he might have made a run at 40 points.

maven
06-14-2012, 11:05 PM

Le loLang, haha luv that name.

The Heat drive me nuts all the time. When the Heat commit to attacking the basket ie Wade & King James they win. I want them attacking the basket at all costs. Dunks, layups, free throws, quik dish to the open man for the dunk. When they don't, it drives me nuts.

Kaylore
06-14-2012, 11:06 PM
When the Heat step up and help Lebron they play really well. They have pretty crappy coaching though. If the Thunder can get a little more consistent then they can win this whole thing. The bench players are becoming more of a factor than I thought they'd be.

maven
06-14-2012, 11:08 PM
You're right, according to the play by play he entered the game at the 9:34 mark.

The guy's mentality just changes in the 4th period. For the first 3 periods he was controlling the game. In the 4th, I was watching him during a lot of those possessions, and he wasn't looking to score. As Durant was rising to the moment and the Thunder was playing at a frantic pace, I was looking to see if LeBron would step up and stop the bleeding. But he never did. Like I said, I give him credit for hitting the clutch free throws, and the bank shot was nice. But if he keeps his foot on the gas then they don't even lose their 10+ point lead and he might have made a run at 40 points.

Do you even watch the ****ing games?

maven
06-14-2012, 11:16 PM
When the Heat step up and help Lebron they play really well. They have pretty crappy coaching though. If the Thunder can get a little more consistent then they can win this whole thing. The bench players are becoming more of a factor than I thought they'd be.

The bench players were HORRIBLE for the Heat today.

maven
06-14-2012, 11:26 PM
As much as my beloved Heat can drive me nuts, I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO

13 DOWN, 3 TO GO.

http://jimmiewestside.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/lebron-james-16-mouthpiece-xvi-530x314.jpg

Reminds me of when Ray Bourque wore his 16 hat. It's DESTINY folks.

Flex Gunmetal
06-14-2012, 11:50 PM
You have to admit you were entertained tonight, yes? Watching the team in black pull it out.

Why do you always defer to some bullsht like this when people mention your spinelessness?

You are such a clown.
Inb4 another bullsht response, keep ducking reality.

maven
06-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Why do you always defer to some bullsht like this when people mention your spinelessness?

You are such a clown.
Inb4 another bullsht response, keep ducking reality.

Hey flex, welcome to the thread. Where have you been?

Flex Gunmetal
06-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Hey flex, welcome to the thread. Where have you been?

The more important question is where have you been?
After game one you disappear like a chump, and now you are back here thumping your chest.
I could set a clock by your cowardice.

maven
06-14-2012, 11:57 PM
You're right. I'm done responding to him/her. Well, I'll try. lol

I question if you are even a basketball fan since you don't even know who's in the Pacific divison. I'm sure living in socal it's easy to bandwagon the Lakers.

:~ohyah!:

maven
06-15-2012, 12:01 AM
The more important question is where have you been?
After game one you disappear like a chump, and now you are back here thumping your chest.
I could set a clock by your cowardice.

I predicted a game 1 loss. This isn't something new. BUT, I new the Miami Heat would dig down and deliver come game two. And here I am.

:yayaya:

maven
06-15-2012, 12:07 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m56skue1fj1r2lb58.gif

To the thunder fans, stop crying. You've had your share of calls in your favor. Sack up while the series moves to south beach.

maven
06-15-2012, 12:08 AM
http://iamthearbiter.com/wp-content/uploads/lebron-wade-bosh.gif

The Heat are taking the title this year. DEAL WITH IT!

myMind
06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
This thread is hillarious whenever the Heat win. Too bad they wont win three more. Thunder in six, maaaaaaybe seven.

maven
06-15-2012, 12:35 AM
This thread is hillarious whenever the Heat win. Too bad they wont win three more. Thunder in six, maaaaaaybe seven.

Why can't the Heat win? Against the refs, the media, and all the h8 they still deliver a win in Oklahoma City. The Heat are playing redemption. This is our year. The Miami Heat will be NBA CHAMPIONS.

maven
06-15-2012, 12:39 AM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

!

myMind
06-15-2012, 12:59 AM
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

!

Premature ejaculation...it happens to the worst of us.

maven
06-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Premature ejaculation...it happens to the worst of us.

the wood is strong in this Miami team. Very hard & armor stiff.

eddie mac
06-15-2012, 05:35 AM
I just cant take anyone serious who has David Beckham in their avatar.

Flex Gunmetal
06-15-2012, 07:57 AM
I predicted a game 1 loss. This isn't something new. BUT, I new the Miami Heat would dig down and deliver come game two. And here I am.

:yayaya:

This only further reinforces my claim that you are the biggest p***Y here.
Stay pink, queen maven. Enjoy this team that you happened to stumble upon 2 summers ago.

oubronco
06-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Do you even watch the ****ing games?

I haven't watched very many Heat games but I tell you what, the so called king gets away with way too much offensive fouls, He drops his shoulder and runs thru the defender, Elbows, and pushes off more than Micheal Irvin did.

Watch the difference between Lebron and Durant when they go up for a contested shot or layup, Durants arms are straight up and Lebron has one arm pushing the defender

Why does he do these things and why does he get away with it?

DENVERDUI55
06-15-2012, 08:20 AM
The Heat are going to win it all. Just letting you know early.

Your a joke of a fan that we are all embarassed to associate you with the broncos. I'm sure you act the same way with them. You are going to disappear for a long time once heat are toast. OKC is the better team with way better clutch players. Weep weep you spineless coward.

Kaylore
06-15-2012, 08:25 AM
Stay pink, queen maven. Enjoy this team that you happened to stumble upon 2 summers ago.

DBroncos4life
06-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Its crazy that your days off always fall on the day after a Heat win.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Your a joke of a fan that we are all embarassed to associate you with the broncos. I'm sure you act the same way with them. You are going to disappear for a long time once heat are toast. OKC is the better team with way better clutch players. Weep weep you spineless coward.

He's not a Broncos fan. Probably doesn't even watch football.

Kid A
06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
I know a lot of you in this thread probably haven't been in the Euro 2012 soccer thread, but it's important that you know Maven has made it known that he is a big fan of the French team. Le Bron and Les Frogs. Guy really knows how to pick em.

cousinal11
06-15-2012, 10:42 AM
I just cant take anyone serious who has David Beckham in their avatar.

And someone who disappears when their team loses and comes back and posts gay pictures nonstop when they get a win.

Fair weather fan much?

Flex Gunmetal
06-15-2012, 10:46 AM
And someone who disappears when their team loses and comes back and posts gay pictures nonstop when they get a win.

Fair weather fan much?

Another reason to implement an actual rep system. But taco is terrified someones feelings may get hurt.

oubronco
06-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Another reason to implement an actual rep system. But taco is terrified someones feelings may get hurt.

maven would be neg repped off the mane in a second

SoCalBronco
06-15-2012, 12:25 PM

This might be the only time I've ever agreed with you on anything. Good post.

Jason in LA
06-15-2012, 01:38 PM
As much fun as some of us have had at the Heat's expense over the last day, this series is far from over, and the Heat are just as much in it as they were before Game 1. If the Heat win Game 2, the conversation here over the next few days will be drastically different (and Maven will be back).

I'd say that the Thunder needed Game 1 more than the Heat. If the Thunder had lost they would be facing the potential of being down 0-2 heading back to Miami. Game 2 would of had some series pressure on them to win because the series would have been over if they didn't.

All the Heat really needed was a split over the first two games, and if they get it, then they are in good shape to win the series. I wouldn't call tonight a "must win" for them, but losing does put them in a tough position. A Thunder win means that they could take a commanding lead with a Game 3 or 4 victory. Even if the Heat win both of those games, the Thunder can still come home with a 3-2 lead with a Game 5 win. And even if the Heat win all 3 home games, the Thunder will still be coming home.

So winning Game 2 is important for the Heat, but it doesn't put them out of the series if they lose.

Damn I was right. This is going to be a long series and I wuld be extremely surprised if it did not head back to OKC

cousinal11
06-15-2012, 02:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8057397/san-antonio-spurs-tony-parker-gets-injured-nightclub-incident

^ Tony Parker hurts eye in nightclub fight.

OrangeSe7en
06-15-2012, 02:30 PM
This might be the only time I've ever agreed with you on anything. Good post.

I think, originally (ie last year), he checked out when Miami lost because he was too crestfallen and didn't want to face the firing squad. But I think that has evolved into him/her enjoying tweaking everyone...and so it has become his/her thing.

DENVERDUI55
06-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I think, originally (ie last year), he checked out when Miami lost because he was too crestfallen and didn't want to face the firing squad. But I think that has evolved into him/her enjoying tweaking everyone...and so it has become his/her thing.

No she did it last year but didn't post til the fall. Just a chickensh@t poster who talks a lot but ****s the tail.

bombay
06-15-2012, 05:13 PM
I found out that Bruno Hauptman did not kill the lindbergh baby and was falsely accused. It was lebron James. He was also the unibomber.

s0phr0syne
06-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I found out that Bruno Hauptman did not kill the lindbergh baby and was falsely accused. It was lebron James. He was also the unibomber.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=unibomber

bombay
06-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Also the shoebomber and very likely the underwear bomber.

maven
06-15-2012, 09:31 PM
I know a lot of you in this thread probably haven't been in the Euro 2012 soccer thread, but it's important that you know Maven has made it known that he is a big fan of the French team. Le Bron and Les Frogs. Guy really knows how to pick em.

And the French crushed the host team!

maven
06-15-2012, 09:32 PM
maven would be neg repped off the mane in a second

rep is stupid, who needs it.

maven
06-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Its crazy that your days off always fall on the day after a Heat win.

Tough work schedule these days. It's all over the map.

maven
06-15-2012, 09:35 PM

It's summertime and the ladies love to look at a man who has style. If I have to rock a light pink polo on these hot summer nites, I just might.

maven
06-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Your a joke of a fan that we are all embarassed to associate you with the broncos.

Just think, we are side by side rooting for dem cow town Broncos come this fall.

:~ohyah!:

Kid A
06-16-2012, 12:10 AM
And the French crushed the host team!

That they did. A nice 24 hr period for you where you could actually post online!

myMind
06-16-2012, 12:35 AM
It is going to be epic when the Thunder take two in Miami and the lady who wishes she could **** Beckham goes silent once more.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-16-2012, 07:34 AM
Just remember: the Heat got worse last year as the Finals wore on longer.

From a strategy standpoint they are at a disadvantage, because their offense is mostly iso heroball bull****.

If Shane Battier doesn't play out of his mind in both of the first two games, the Heat are down 2-0 and probably blown the **** out in both games.

Battier comes back down to earth, odds are good the Thunder win.

TonyR
06-16-2012, 07:39 AM
From a strategy standpoint they are at a disadvantage, because their offense is mostly iso heroball bull****.

Very true. Imagine what Phil Jackson could do with the Heat. But Riley would never hire Jackson so it's not gonna happen...

TonyR
06-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Bill Simmons (aka someone who know basketball better than you clowns who are saying Durant is the better player) on LeBron and Durant...

• You're only allowed to compare him to Durant if the debate is "Who's a better offensive player?" If you're comparing the entirety of their games, it's no contest.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8056767/the-mandatory-nba-finals-power-rankings

canadianbroncosfan
06-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Bill Simmons (aka someone who know basketball better than you clowns who are saying Durant is the better player) on LeBron and Durant...

• You're only allowed to compare him to Durant if the debate is "Who's a better offensive player?" If you're comparing the entirety of their games, it's no contest.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8056767/the-mandatory-nba-finals-power-rankings

Seems legit, I mean he has Brothers and Battier ranked higher than James.

DBroncos4life
06-16-2012, 10:11 AM

What does it look like for the 18th?

DENVERDUI55
06-16-2012, 11:07 AM

Of course you post all the time and just happen to be working after losses. Nobody believes your spineless coward acts.

oubronco
06-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Tough menstrual cycle these days. It's all over the map.

This explains it

bombay
06-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Ultimately I'm not sure if the steroids help or hurt james on the basketball court.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/719/finalss.png

ohiobronco2
06-16-2012, 07:39 PM

Family photo's?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Family photo's?(sic)

Family smack?

Isn't that sort of thing verboten here?

RhymesayersDU
06-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Holy ****, this Dream Team doc is phenomenal.

maven
06-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Battier comes back down to earth

That is okay if Rio, JJ, and Mike Miller start raining three's. Battier has been a warrior.

maven
06-16-2012, 11:32 PM

http://h11.abload.de/img/untitled-7ov8ef.gif

Flex Gunmetal
06-17-2012, 04:31 PM
That is okay if Rio, JJ, and Mike Miller start raining three's. Battier has been a warrior.

So if Miami loses tonight, will you be working?

bombay
06-17-2012, 05:47 PM
james shouldn't be allowed to play after murdering Rodney King in a fit of roid rage.

oubronco
06-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Are these refs for ****in real?

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 07:46 PM
This isn't looking good for the Heat, seeing that the Thunder have been really good in the 4th. Seeing that the Thunder need 1 game in Miami, its in their best interest to get it now to take the pressure off. That's. That's what the Lakers did against the Celtics. I think it made a big difference in the series.

Butterscotch Stallion
06-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Maven check....wanted to say goodbye before she leaves.

DBroncos4life
06-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Free points for Miami.

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 08:26 PM
This is a great game. And just to point out, thru half of the 4th, LeBron has taken 1 shot and scored 2 points. That's after taking 19 shots in the 1st 3 periods, which is about 1 shot attempt every 2 minutes.

Broncobiv
06-17-2012, 08:38 PM
WOW!! 1:30 to go and it's anyone's game!

Tim
06-17-2012, 08:38 PM
the thunder turn into the 92' dream team late in the 4th when they are down..

Tim
06-17-2012, 08:43 PM
I love the look on harden's face when his flops backfire on him

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Thunder are making young mistakes. After that last position they don't deserve to win.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Exactly what I was talking about. Nice turnover.

maher_tyler
06-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Thunder are making young mistakes. After that last position they don't deserve to win.

Missed free throws...Miami seems to have more fire and make all the plays! The refing has been pathetic as well...

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 08:54 PM
LeBron actually played well over the final few minutes of the 4th. The Thunder made a lot of mistakes, and I don't know how the refs called a foul on Hardin in the final minute of the game. Seems like when there was contact, Hardin flopped, so the ref felt he needed to call something. I thought it should have been a no call, because there really wasn't anything to call there. How the ref calls a foul on Hardin is beyond me. But the Heat earned that victory. Now the Thunder are in a must win. If they lose Game 4, I don't see how they win three in a row, even if they win Game 5 and send it back to OKC.

Punisher
06-17-2012, 09:12 PM
http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nba_experts__41/ept_sports_nba_experts-504149008-1260903048.jpg?ymI6WXCD1ahG23Z6

maven
06-17-2012, 09:28 PM
So if Miami loses tonight, will you be working?

Have the night off!

go heat!!!!

maven
06-17-2012, 09:30 PM
I love the look on harden's face when his flops backfire on him

Guy flops almost every play

maven
06-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Are these refs for ****in real?

Totally agree, harden flops every play. What a joke

maven
06-17-2012, 09:33 PM
...Miami seems to have more fire and make all the plays...

Heat want it more and are hungry for a chip

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Guy flops almost every play

He's used to getting those calls from the Spurs series. Not to mention making a shot every now and then. He has left his game in the western conf finals.

maven
06-17-2012, 09:48 PM
He's used to getting those calls from the Spurs series. Not to mention making a shot every now and then. He has left his game in the western conf finals.

He's overrated, and is going by on his psuedo star status(is it the f'n beard or what). He gets the most bull**** calls out there. I think you would have to be crazy to give him a MAX contract, but some dumb team will.

maven
06-17-2012, 10:06 PM
14 GAMES DOWN, 2 TO GO

:yayaya::yayaya::yayaya::yayaya::yayaya:

maven
06-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Just remember: the Heat got worse last year as the Finals wore on longer.

If Shane Battier doesn't play out of his mind in both of the first two games, the Heat are down 2-0 and probably blown the **** out in both games.

Battier comes back down to earth, odds are good the Thunder win.

The Heat are stronger and hungrier than the Thunder.

maven
06-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Interesting to see all the Thunder fans or people rooting for the Thunder to win disappear.

SoCalBronco
06-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Interesting to see all the Thunder fans or people rooting for the Thunder to win disappear.

You've waived the right to make that point.

myMind
06-17-2012, 10:16 PM

Is you serious?!

Jason in LA
06-17-2012, 11:26 PM
If the Heat go on to win, which they are now in a position to do so, hopefully the mods deletes every post that he/she puts up. No way he/she deserves to celebrate the Heat's victory if it happens. A one week ban would be good. I'm just saying.

Kaylore
06-17-2012, 11:28 PM

You're such a tool.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
06-18-2012, 01:00 AM
You've waived the right to make that point.

Ain't that the truth?

Just ask a Mavs fan. Ha!

s0phr0syne
06-18-2012, 06:41 AM
All the Thunder fans are still around. They're playing horribly and still easily able to hang with the Heat. I hope they rebound and get back to their game instead of shooting like sh!7, having ridiculous turnovers, and leaving free throws out on the court.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 07:38 AM
All the Thunder fans are still around. They're playing horribly and still easily able to hang with the Heat. I hope they rebound and get back to their game instead of shooting like sh!7, having ridiculous turnovers, and leaving free throws out on the court.

This! They're playing pretty bad and still hanging in there. If they could make their free throws they'd be up 3-0...

TonyR
06-18-2012, 08:08 AM
LeBron actually played will over the final few minutes of the 4th.

LOL The guy clearly sucks. I mean, 29 and 14 was all he could muster? I look forward to the next Heat loss so I can be reminded by the haters (who are awfully quiet right now) what a bust and choker he is...

oubronco
06-18-2012, 08:11 AM
The Thunder still had a chance to pull this game out but got cold at the end and the Heat had an enormous amount of help from the refs. If they start calling this straight down the middle the Thunder will be running away with this. Oh well on to game 4........Thunder Up!!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/180230_316040995152723_2062390352_n.jpg

swaiy
06-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Same thing every year. When the team you are rooting against is winning, it must be the refs. It wasn't because one team was better than the other. It wasn't because another team was playing well below their capabilities. It was because there weren't 10 players running the court, just referees.

oubronco
06-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Same thing every year. When the team you are rooting against is winning, it must be the refs. It wasn't because one team was better than the other. It wasn't because another team was playing well below their capabilities. It was because there weren't 10 players running the court, just referees.

Just keep watching bud the refs are ridiculous even when the Thunder won and I loved the qoute from Stern when asked about the NBA conspiracy he says "Bring it on". What does that even mean?

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 08:27 AM
LOL The guy clearly sucks. I mean, 29 and 14 was all he could muster? I look forward to the next Heat loss so I can be reminded by the haters (who are awfully quiet right now) what a bust and choker he is...

Hold up. I call him out when he plays bad in the 4th, which is true, and you defend him. When he does play well in the closing moments of the game I give him credit. That's called being objective. And you still come up with this post? After this game I didn't call him a bust or a choker, because he wasn't this 4th period. And you act like I didn't give the guy credit.

TonyR
06-18-2012, 08:43 AM
And you act like I didn't give the guy credit.

Sorry, I shouldn't call you out because you're one of the more reasonable guys on this subject. So I'm reacting more to the sentiment then you specifically. There are so many here (in fact most people here) who are ridiculous when it comes to LeBron. He can't win no matter what he does, the bar is always getted raised, and there's always something else to criticize. Never mind the fact that's he's clearly been the best player on the floor during this series (not to mention the whole season and playoffs in general). Yes, he does inexplicably defer in the scoring department in the 4th quarter in some games and that's a valid criticism. The problem is when you (and I mean "you" in the general sense) criticize him for that without crediting him for all the good things he does (defense, rebounding, passing, etc.) then that criticism is clearly tainted with the smell of a biased hater. As I've said before, I'm not a Heat fan nor necessarily a LeBron James fan. But if you can't appreciate and respect his game and what a great player he is then you're a fraud and you really don't appreciate basketball. I'd have a lot more respect for they guys who are always bashing him if they'd also come on here every once in a while and give the guy credit where credit is due. As a Nuggets fan I despise Kobe (a guy who IMO deserves as much, or more, hate than LeBron) and yet when he's doing what he does I can't help but tip my hat to the guy. I can only chuckle while people give the refs far more credit than they give LeBron James.

TonyR
06-18-2012, 08:46 AM
And you act like I didn't give the guy credit.

^ And I should also add that you really didn't give him a lot of credit. "He actually played well in the 4th quarter" is almost damning with faint praise.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-18-2012, 09:27 AM

Oh, if the Heat lose game 4, and Bron scores 30 and 10, he'll still be a choker of some sort. And if he wins the title, they'll say "ok, 6 more to go."

But in all seriousness, he's had a hell of a playoff. When 30/12 becomes ho-hum, thats a testament to his great play. He's been doing it all. Scoring/D/Rebounding. Great playoff/series thus far.

bronco militia
06-18-2012, 09:32 AM
so far the Heat look like the better team. what a difference Bosh makes.

maven
06-18-2012, 09:47 AM
so far the Heat look like the better team. what a difference Bosh makes.

I've been saying since he went down, it was a huge blow to Miami. I will say though Bosh still doesn't look 100% out there, but all Miami Heat fans are glad he's playing.

maven
06-18-2012, 09:49 AM
Miami just needs to continue attacking the rim and allow OKC to continue to shoot jumpers.

maven
06-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Oh, if the Heat lose game 4, and Bron scores 30 and 10, he'll still be a choker of some sort. And if he wins the title, they'll say "ok, 6 more to go."

But in all seriousness, he's had a hell of a playoff. When 30/12 becomes ho-hum, thats a testament to his great play. He's been doing it all. Scoring/D/Rebounding. Great playoff/series thus far.

That is crazy isn't it.

maven
06-18-2012, 09:51 AM

I know they are still around, just making a joke. And no I hope the thunder continue to shoot J's all day.

maven
06-18-2012, 09:52 AM
This is a great game. And just to point out, thru half of the 4th, LeBron has taken 1 shot and scored 2 points. That's after taking 19 shots in the 1st 3 periods, which is about 1 shot attempt every 2 minutes.

You are so focused on points.

maven
06-18-2012, 09:54 AM
This! They're playing pretty bad and still hanging in there. If they could make their free throws they'd be up 3-0...

You could say the same for the Heat...

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2012, 10:01 AM
I feel like crying right now knowing that somewhere out there, 20 kids haven't eaten or showered for over 4 days now.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 10:04 AM
You could say the same for the Heat...

Miami hasn't played a bad game yet..maybe game 1. Okc has been terrible from the free throw line. Hell, at halftime of game 2, the guys were saying how they thought it has been the best basketball they've seen Miami play and they still almost lost the game. I don't think Okc has been playing to their potential...they need to get it together or it'll be Miami in 5-6.

Side note...i think Lebron is the best player in the world and has been the best player in the playoffs. Easily the MVP so far...he's been in straight beast mode...

NFLBRONCO
06-18-2012, 10:14 AM
One thing for sure this will reinforce dream teams like Stern has wanted all along. Denver type NBA teams should fold up now they'll never compete.

Jason in LA
06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
^ And I should also add that you really didn't give him a lot of credit. "He actually played well in the 4th quarter" is almost damning with faint praise.

I used the term "actually" because he usually doesn't play that well down the stretch in a big game. I'm not abandoning my view point on his poor 4th period play over this one game, but I'm not going to act like he folded as usual.

swaiy
06-18-2012, 12:04 PM
Just keep watching bud the refs are ridiculous even when the Thunder won and I loved the qoute from Stern when asked about the NBA conspiracy he says "Bring it on". What does that even mean?

The referees have been ridiculous all throughout the playoffs but to say Miami had enormous help from them this past game is asinine. If the refs "call that game down the middle," OKC would have still lost that game because of the mistakes they were making down the stretch.

Their lack of inexperience showed which isn't necessarily a bad thing because they will only be better. I don't expect you to look at it objectively, Mr. Sooner, but when it mattered, Miami got the job done in ways critics said they couldn't.

Maybe next time Harden won't have a crap game. Maybe OKC collectively will have less mental errors. Maybe the real DPOY, Serge Ibaka, along with Perkins can do a better job of shutting down the paint. Who knows?

We can pretend that Miami didn't do a damn thing to win this game and attribute their win to help from the officials but, I'd rather not look like a you-know-what.

TonyR
06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Here is the play-by-play rundown of Kevin Durant's fourth quarter in Game 3 of the NBA Finals on Sunday:

11:26 — Kevin Durant bad pass
9:00 — Kevin Durant makes 2-point shot
7:54 — Kevin Durant misses free throw 1 of 2
7:54 — Kevin Durant misses free throw 2 of 2
5:50 — Kevin Durant misses 25-foot 3-point jumper
5:26 — Kevin Durant defensive rebound
5:06 — Kevin Durant out-of-bounds lost turnover
3:47 — Kevin Durant shooting foul
3:36 — Kevin Durant makes 19-foot jumper
2:30 — Kevin Durant misses 10-foot jumper
1:06 — Kevin Durant misses 9-foot jumper

For those counting, that's four points on 2-of-5 from the floor with one rebound, zero assists, two turnovers, and two crucial missed free throws. Somehow, Durant's fourth quarter was even worse than his stats. Stars, of course, are allowed to have off nights, but for the first time in these playoffs, Durant looked physically overmatched by the Heat's defenders. On several possessions in the second half, Durant allowed LeBron James to push him into bad spots on the floor. More than anything, Durant's tentativeness (probably the result of foul trouble) and his inability to establish himself in his usual spots on the floor were what contributed to the Thunder's offensive meltdown down the stretch.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/29792/nba-finals-shootaround-the-house-that-lebron-built

LOL Imagine the haters if LeBron did this!!!

swaiy
06-18-2012, 12:25 PM
You know what's crazy? Had the shoe been on the other foot and that was Lebron missing that open 3 pointer instead of Westbrook... lol. Actually nevermind.

swaiy
06-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Here is the play-by-play rundown of Kevin Durant's fourth quarter in Game 3 of the NBA Finals on Sunday:

For those counting, that's four points on 2-of-5 from the floor with one rebound, zero assists, two turnovers, and two crucial missed free throws. Somehow, Durant's fourth quarter was even worse than his stats. Stars, of course, are allowed to have off nights, but for the first time in these playoffs, Durant looked physically overmatched by the Heat's defenders. On several possessions in the second half, Durant allowed LeBron James to push him into bad spots on the floor. More than anything, Durant's tentativeness (probably the result of foul trouble) and his inability to establish himself in his usual spots on the floor were what contributed to the Thunder's offensive meltdown down the stretch.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/29792/nba-finals-shootaround-the-house-that-lebron-built

You're only allowed to post stuff like this when it makes LBJ look incompetent as a clutch player

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-18-2012, 12:28 PM
It won't matter what Lebron does. If he wins he will always be known as the player who needed to find 2 superstars to win a ring. if he loses he will still be known as ringless.

swaiy
06-18-2012, 12:31 PM
It won't matter what Lebron does. If he wins he will always be known as the player who needed to find 2 superstars to win a ring. if he loses he will still be known as ringless.

You're right on with that one but I won't sit here and act like I'm not going to enjoy the critics piss themselves trying to find another way to demean his accomplishments should he win a ring.

OrangeCrush2724
06-18-2012, 12:34 PM

That can't be true, Jason in La never mentioned this...

OrangeCrush2724
06-18-2012, 12:38 PM
What's funny is that OKC fans are now playing the "Refs card."

When you can't give the other team credit, blame the refs. (yeah, that will work).

Kaylore
06-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Laker fans are loathe to give Lebron praise because they're jealous of any attention he steals from the rapist.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I still think the thunder are too young right now. They got in because Neal Green Splitter and Bonner couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Did Brooks make an adjustment in that series or did the spurs wide open shots, yes a lot of them were uncontested, just not fall?

Brooks needs to make an adjustment on the collapsing defensive help under the basket. Thunder players are too slow to react to driving heat players. The help is not coming and the fouls on Durant are stacking up because of it.

oubronco
06-18-2012, 12:44 PM
[QUOTE=TonyR;3607772] LeBron James got away with pushing Durant and his teammates all over the floor. More than anything, Durant's tentativeness (probably the result of Bullshyt foul trouble) and his inability to establish himself in his usual spots on the floor were what contributed to the Thunder's offensive meltdown down the stretch. Don't forget that everytime the Heat had the ball all the Thunder had to do was look at them and the refs were blowing the whistle

The first three were called fouls and the last one was not you make the call

oubronco
06-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Elbow thrown......No foul

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1097444.1339987409!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

oubronco
06-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Here's another No Call

OrangeCrush2724
06-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Elbow thrown......No foul

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1097444.1339987409!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

:Whaaaa!: My god, you people cry like Chiefs' fans.

oubronco
06-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Yep Lebrons king alrite

OrangeCrush2724
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsvRew6iin429cTlYXjubQimYwscQ-wp84p0649jqspzgdj2vq

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Here's another No Call

This was a blatant call and the refs did nothing. This was Stern ruling at its finest

TonyR
06-18-2012, 12:59 PM
It’s not hard to understand why people would want to see Kevin Durant take over the Finals. There’s an excitement in watching him heat up, in knowing that he can score and score easily from anywhere inside half court. In a lot of ways, it's harder to get excited about rooting for LeBron, and the explanation for that goes beyond the non-basketball reasons people cling to. The scoring comes easily to Durant, but for LeBron, that’s how every element of the game is. Again, 29 and 14 felt quiet. Again, he took over a fourth quarter even though it didn't feel like he did. And again, he was asked to be a bit of everything, and he was. It’s probably time to recognize what’s happening here. Because if the Heat do win, it doesn’t look like there will be anything left to say.— Robert Mays

TonyR
06-18-2012, 01:01 PM
I still think the thunder are too young right now.

I wouldn't write them off just yet. Lots of basketball left to play.

swaiy
06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002718895/407799379_image_xlarge.png

I made the mistake of thinking you were an OKC fan that wasn't completely blind to the deficiencies of his young team. Sorry.

Beantown Bronco
06-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Remove all the crying and insecurity from this thread and it's about 5 pages long.

maven
06-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Miami hasn't played a bad game yet..maybe game 1. Okc has been terrible from the free throw line. Hell, at halftime of game 2, the guys were saying how they thought it has been the best basketball they've seen Miami play and they still almost lost the game. I don't think Okc has been playing to their potential...they need to get it together or it'll be Miami in 5-6.

Side note...i think Lebron is the best player in the world and has been the best player in the playoffs. Easily the MVP so far...he's been in straight beast mode...

Miami has missed a lot of Ft's as well. Miami did play a great 1st have in game 2, but not so much in the 2nd half(even though they pulled it out).

maven
06-18-2012, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't write them off just yet. Lots of basketball left to play.

Agree. They are a young team and can flip the switch and score in bunches. Lots of basketball left.