PDA

View Full Version : Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14

maven
06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/2090209_o.gif

Oh yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Adios amigos! Good night.

Kaylore
06-09-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't hate Lebron. I think everyone keeps making excuses for why he "sucks." Two days ago on the local radio Mike Evans was whining that Lebron didn't have that "signature game" which is crap since he took over that Cleveland game a few years ago and then had some outstanding performances this playoff run.

Then they say things like "he doesn't dominate games the way so-and-so does" and then when he does dominate games it's "he doesn't make his team better the way Nash or whoever does." Now he both carried his team on his back into the finals, and did it in a "big game" which was also a criticism (he apparently doesn't rise in the big moments).

I am curious how these last two games are going to be spun, but I think Lebron James is awesome. Yes, he said stupid stuff at that pep rally, and how he left Cleveland was inconsiderate. However it's freaking Cleveland Ohio, the butthole of America and he earned the right as a free agent to go play somewhere else.

So I applaud Lebron and am really excited to watch him and Durant got at it. One of the most athletic teams against one of the most skilled. It's going to be fun.

And Maven is the biggest coward and turd-nozzle on this board maybe second only to Bob and Drama Llama in that order.

SoonerBronco
06-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Very different locker rooms after finals wins. Heat dancing around like idiots. Thunder all business. Two very different teams that is for sure.

Thunder UP!

SoCalBronco
06-09-2012, 10:02 PM
OKC is too deep for Miami.

Maven will be "working" the whole summer.

SoonerBronco
06-09-2012, 10:14 PM

Maven will be "working" the whole summer.

It will be a long series for the Heat...insert video of Perkins tea bagging Wade on a dunk.

gunns
06-09-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't hate Lebron. I think everyone keeps making excuses for why he "sucks." Two days ago on the local radio Mike Evans was whining that Lebron didn't have that "signature game" which is crap since he took over that Cleveland game a few years ago and then had some outstanding performances this playoff run.

Then they say things like "he doesn't dominate games the way so-and-so does" and then when he does dominate games it's "he doesn't make his team better the way Nash or whoever does." Now he both carried his team on his back into the finals, and did it in a "big game" which was also a criticism (he apparently doesn't rise in the big moments).

I am curious how these last two games are going to be spun, but I think Lebron James is awesome. Yes, he said stupid stuff at that pep rally, and how he left Cleveland was inconsiderate. However it's freaking Cleveland Ohio, the butthole of America and he earned the right as a free agent to go play somewhere else.

So I applaud Lebron and am really excited to watch him and Durant got at it. One of the most athletic teams against one of the most skilled. It's going to be fun.

And Maven is the biggest coward and turd-nozzle on this board maybe second only to Bob and Drama Llama in that order.

Absolutely. I think it's going to be a great finals.

OrangeCrush2724
06-10-2012, 04:12 AM
This ones for ya orange, gl on your mission.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/274/brofistcover.jpg

Right back at you bro...great win, Bosh looked great! Thunder are going to be tough, let's see if we can withstand their depth. And we can't have any defensive lapses (something we almost always have). I feel better about this series with a healthier Bosh.

OrangeCrush2724
06-10-2012, 05:58 AM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-3epmc0.gif

How you like dem apples?

LRtagger
06-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Garnett and Rondo are bitches - man up and shake the hands of the better team

Rondo's press conference was Cutleresque

ohiobronco2
06-10-2012, 08:48 AM

You obviously don't know how to spell Detroit. :yayaya:

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 10:28 AM

Wade is the guy that people should be more focused on. In the post game press conference, someone in the media asked Wade and James what they would say to all the people who were writing their eulogy after game 5. James was smart enough to not touch the question. Wade, on the other hand, said, "Thanks". First of all, if there's anyone who has the right to say that, it's LeBron and not Wade based on what happened in games 6 and 7. But Wade perpetually is saying something stupid and then tries to play the victim when people react to it. His world trade center comment is just one example. But, for some reason, Wade is almost always flying under radar because he plays with James.

But regarding James and the people who don't like him. You're right, some people, especially those in the media have been moving the goal posts on him. But that's not a representation of where everyone, who dislikes him, is at. Many feel not only was "the decision" and the rally classless and "hey look at me". People feel like this whole thing was in the works from the beginning (going back to the 2008 olympics or before)and that Riley knowing enough to clear cap space is evidence that some form of tampering/recruiting was going on. And you're not allowed to do any of that. But, of course, Stern only sees dollar signs. And then there are also people who have other reasons, all of which are legitimate. It's OK to not like LeBron.

Jason in LA
06-10-2012, 10:30 AM
The only good thing, to me, good about the Heat winning is that the Celtics can't win an 18th title. So they'll stay only one ahead of the Lakers. I figured that the Celtics weren't about to beat the Thunder, so from a Lakers history standpoint, it was better to see them go to the Finals than the Heat. But in the back of my mind I was always thinking, "be careful what you wish for." Because the worst outcome from these playoffs for a Lakers fan would have been the Celtics winning it all. So that possibility is out of the way. Two bad things about the Heat going are that they actually have a good chance of winning the title, and Maven will stick around for a little while longer.

Looking at the conference finals, the Thunder winning it all was the lessor of all evils, from a Lakers fan standpoint. Duncan winning a 5th title would have tied him with Kobe, so that's out of the picture. Didn't want the Celtics to get two titles ahead. And I don't want to see LeBron finally get off the ground in terms of titles. The Thunder winning a title at this point isn't a bad thing (even though there would be the thought that if this team stays together they could rattle off multiple titles).

So lets go Thunder! And they are the favorite, so the title is right there for the taking.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 10:33 AM
The only good thing, to me, good about the Heat winning is that the Celtics can't win an 18th title. So they'll stay only one ahead of the Lakers. I figured that the Celtics weren't about to beat the Thunder, so from a Lakers history standpoint, it was better to see them go to the Finals than the Heat. But in the back of my mind I was always thinking, "be careful what you wish for." Because the worst outcome from these playoffs for a Lakers fan would have been the Celtics winning it all. So that possibility is out of the way. Two bad things about the Heat going are that they actually have a good chance of winning the title, and Maven will stick around for a little while longer.

Looking at the conference finals, the Thunder winning it all was the lessor of all evils, from a Lakers fan standpoint. Duncan winning a 5th title would have tied him with Kobe, so that's out of the picture. Didn't want the Celtics to get two titles ahead. And I don't want to see LeBron finally get off the ground in terms of titles. The Thunder winning a title at this point isn't a bad thing (even though there would be the thought that if this team stays together they could rattle off multiple titles).

So lets go Thunder! And they are the favorite, so the title is right there for the taking.

But now Fisher will have more than Kobe if OKC wins, no?

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Just wanna give it up to my man CB1. Hell of a game bro.

http://www.myhero.com/images/guest/g203566/hero48294/g203566_u53608_MMVA2007_Chris_Bosh.jpg

Is there a reason why Bosh doesn't do his post game press conferences with James and Wade?

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Garnett and Rondo are b****es - man up and shake the hands of the better team

Rondo's press conference was Cutleresque

Normally, I would agree. But where Rondo is concerned, I can understand how he might be a little pissed. First of all, Miami's always flopping and lobbying for calls to begin with. There was actually one play where James could have had the rebound if he wasnt so worried about flopping. The ref ignored it and Pierce got an easy rebound and putback because James flopped himself out of the play. But back to Rondo, Rondo gets T'd for stepping up to Wade, then moments later, James dunks and hangs on the rim for 8 seconds while taunting Rondo and no T is called. Hanging on the rim like that and taunting are normally automatic Ts. I don't blame Rondo for not pretending like he's playing little league where everyone shakes each others hand and then goes to get ice cream.

Jason in LA
06-10-2012, 10:44 AM

I have no problem with that at all, and it won't affect Kobe's legacy in any way. Fisher has been a role player in all of those titles. I'd say he took the Robert Horry role in the final two titles in that he wasn't a factor for the bulk of the game, but in key moments he came through big time. Fisher wasn't even a starter in all three of the Shaq/Kobe championships. If I'm remembering right he wasn't the starter for the first one. Ron Harper was.

Fisher is a good guy and I wouldn't root against him. If he can get another title, good for him. And when he was making some key plays late for the Thunder in their win over the Spurs, I was happy for him.

And Horry has seven titles. From a historically standpoint he was a factor in winning those titles because he came through in key moments, but he certainly was not the driving force in any of those titles. So he's not mentioned with the greatest players of this era. Fisher will be viewed the same.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 10:51 AM
I have no problem with that at all, and it won't affect Kobe's legacy in any way. Fisher has been a role player in all of those titles. I'd say he took the Robert Horry role in the final two titles in that he wasn't a factor for the bulk of the game, but in key moments he came through big time. Fisher wasn't even a starter in all three of the Shaq/Kobe championships. If I'm remembering right he wasn't the starter for the first one. Ron Harper was.

Fisher is a good guy and I wouldn't root against him. If he can get another title, good for him. And when he was making some key plays late for the Thunder in their win over the Spurs, I was happy for him.

And Horry has seven titles. From a historically standpoint he was a factor in winning those titles because he came through in key moments, but he certainly was not the driving force in any of those titles. So he's not mentioned with the greatest players of this era. Fisher will be viewed the same.

I know. I agree that the whole ring count thing is stupid. I was just trying to be slightly antagonistic. But let's be real, if Duncan would have won another ring, he would have been more of a role player. Duncan is no longer the centerpiece of the team. But on the other hand, Kobe wasn't the centerpiece of the team for LAs three peat from 00-02 either.

Jason in LA
06-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I know. I agree that the whole ring count thing is stupid. I was just trying to be slightly antagonistic. But let's be real, if Duncan would have won another ring, he would have been more of a role player. Duncan is no longer the centerpiece of the team. But on the other hand, Kobe wasn't the centerpiece of the team for LAs three peat from 00-02 either.

Well, I'd say that Shaq and Kobe were both the driving forces behind those three titles, even though Shaq gets more credit. Kobe wasn't Shaq's "Pippen". Even though Shaq won the 3 NBA Finals MVPs, that team doesn't win anything without Kobe also being a driving force too. It has been argued that Kobe was more of a factor in the Western Conference Finals, when the Lakers had tougher opponents. In the NBA Finals, Shaq was able to dominate horrible big men against the 76ers and Nets. So he easily got the MVP awards.

If the Spurs had won the title this year, Duncan would have been a key factor, but not the driving force that he was on their previous title teams.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, I'd say that Shaq and Kobe were both the driving forces behind those three titles, even though Shaq gets more credit. Kobe wasn't Shaq's "Pippen". Even though Shaq won the 3 NBA Finals MVPs, that team doesn't win anything without Kobe also being a driving force too. It has been argued that Kobe was more of a factor in the Western Conference Finals, when the Lakers had tougher opponents. In the NBA Finals, Shaq was able to dominate horrible big men against the 76ers and Nets. So he easily got the MVP awards.

If the Spurs had won the title this year, Duncan would have been a key factor, but not the driving force that he was on their previous title teams.

You're using vague terminology (namely "driving force" and "key factor") as a vehicle to promote your cause, which is to elevate Kobe.

One thing that vastly skiews how Kobe (and all perimeter players since 2005)is viewed is the rule change that opened up the game for perimeter players. Comparisons aren't really apples to apples. I say this because this affects how people see Pippen. He played during the most rugged defensive era in the history of the NBA. With that in mind, Pippen's defense (for his era) is comparable to Kobe's offense. And, likewise, Pippens offense is comparable to Kobe's defense. Shaq was no Jordan and so the difference between Kobe and Shaq is, naturally going to be less than the difference between Pippen and Jordan.

But with that being said, Shaq was the centerpiece of the offense...and so, yes, that would make Kobe Robin to Shaq's batman. The fact that Kobe was productive in some series just supports this since they're were focused more on Shaq.

Don't get me wrong. Kobe is an all time great player but the opinions on him seem to swing drastically in both directions when the truth is somewhere in between.

Tombstone RJ
06-10-2012, 12:22 PM
I'll be rooting for the Thunder, that team is deep and talented.

OrangeCrush2724
06-10-2012, 12:28 PM
I could see why Orange7 doesn't like James, it's tough when the other guy owns your favorite player in the playoffs. Lebron making Rose match his shooting percentage to the weight of his shoes kinda hurts, doesn't it? 9.8 I think it was, wasn't it?

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I could see why Orange7 doesn't like James, it's tough when the other guy owns your favorite player in the playoffs. Lebron making Rose match his shooting percentage to the weight of his shoes kinda hurts, doesn't it? 9.8 I think it was, wasn't it?

Well, the president of the Florida Marlins said that people from Miami aren't very smart. I guess you're the epitome of this. Rose has had success against James and he's had success against Miami. It's tall work when you're a scoring PG. The whole defense is in front of you. It's not like someones getting you the ball in places near the basket typically. So, naturally, you're going to have a lower shooting %. Having said that, in the series last year, Rose was the only player on the Bulls that the Heat felt like they had to respect. So all eyes were on him. It's not simply a matter of Rose beating LeBron in this scenario when he knows that help is going to make a rotation to take way his path to the lane even if he does get by LeBron. This is one of the advantages of having two elite players instead of one.

So, yeah, Samson was right. But I can see why a Heat fan would try to be antagonistic towards a Bulls fan considering your only retired jersey (at least thats worthy of being retired) is for someone who was a Chicago Bull. That's gotta sting a little bit. And considering you also adopted the Chicago Bulls' colors, I can totally understand why you would have a little brother complex.

cutthemdown
06-10-2012, 12:47 PM

Yes but we love Fisher still and want to see him win another one. Everyone knows Fish not in Kobes league just because he has a lot of hardware. He has been blessed to be on some great teams. We love Fish though, hope he takes the heat out. People have to realize growing up in LA winning basketball titles like a way of life for us. We have so many we don't get jealous of anyone but the Celtics and the Spurs. Go OKC!

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Yes but we love Fisher still and want to see him win another one. Everyone knows Fish not in Kobes league just because he has a lot of hardware. He has been blessed to be on some great teams. We love Fish though, hope he takes the heat out. People have to realize growing up in LA winning basketball titles like a way of life for us. We have so many we don't get jealous of anyone but the Celtics and the Spurs. Go OKC!

Ill admit that this acknowldgment was a bit of an eye opener.

gunns
06-10-2012, 12:56 PM

Being a Celtics fan, who did not expect the Celtics to even make the playoffs, I love the fact that the Celtics gave Laker fans a moment of fear. While it will be awhile before the Celtics win another, the same can be said for the Lakers. Life is good.

knuckleballah22
06-10-2012, 12:59 PM
lets go OKC!!!

OrangeCrush2724
06-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Well, the president of the Florida Marlins said that people from Miami aren't very smart. I guess you're the epitome of this. Rose has had success against James and he's had success against Miami. It's tall work when you're a scoring PG. The whole defense is in front of you. It's not like someones getting you the ball in places near the basket typically. So, naturally, you're going to have a lower shooting %. Having said that, in the series last year, Rose was the only player on the Bulls that the Heat felt like they had to respect. So all eyes were on him. It's not simply a matter of Rose beating LeBron in this scenario when he knows that help is going to make a rotation to take way his path to the lane even if he does get by LeBron. This is one of the advantages of having two elite players instead of one.

So, yeah, Samson was right. But I can see why a Heat fan would try to be antagonistic towards a Bulls fan considering your only retired jersey (at least thats worthy of being retired) is for someone who was a Chicago Bull. That's gotta sting a little bit. And considering you also adopted the Chicago Bulls' colors, I can totally understand why you would have a little brother complex.

Kinda sad you have to refer to personal shots to defend your team.

cutthemdown
06-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Well they haven't won over the yrs like Lakers and Celtics have, but Duncan a superstar and for sure competes up there with Kobe. Also back in the day we hated David Robinson with a passion.

Still when you win a lot of them years like this not super hard to take. Wow losing to the Celtics, that is depressing. Still because I came from Denver I stayed loyal to my Broncos. Didn't get into B-Ball until i got older, my dad didn't watch it. The Broncos winning the Superbowl is worth 10 Laker Championship seasons to me. There is something about the rings coming easy that makes them not as sweet. I'd give up the Lakers winning for the Broncos any day.

We hate Barkley also. He came over and tried to act like he was a winner while the Lakers were stuck with the post Magic hiv team. Strutting around with the Suns and still he couldn't win it all. Talk about an overrated POS.

Jason in LA
06-10-2012, 02:53 PM
You're using vague terminology (namely "driving force" and "key factor") as a vehicle to promote your cause, which is to elevate Kobe.

One thing that vastly skiews how Kobe (and all perimeter players since 2005)is viewed is the rule change that opened up the game for perimeter players. Comparisons aren't really apples to apples. I say this because this affects how people see Pippen. He played during the most rugged defensive era in the history of the NBA. With that in mind, Pippen's defense (for his era) is comparable to Kobe's offense. And, likewise, Pippens offense is comparable to Kobe's defense. Shaq was no Jordan and so the difference between Kobe and Shaq is, naturally going to be less than the difference between Pippen and Jordan.

But with that being said, Shaq was the centerpiece of the offense...and so, yes, that would make Kobe Robin to Shaq's batman. The fact that Kobe was productive in some series just supports this since they're were focused more on Shaq.

Don't get me wrong. Kobe is an all time great player but the opinions on him seem to swing drastically in both directions when the truth is somewhere in between.

Excuse me for using "vague terminology". I am a sports writer, and we like to paint a picture.

Okay, to spell it out for you, I don't agree with Shaq being "Batman" and Kobe being "Robin". That's diminishing Kobe's role. I always viewed them as equals in the Lakers success, unlike Jordan and Pippen, where it was clear that Jordan was the #1 and Pippen was the #2.

Jordan was clearly the man with Pippen supporting him. Jordan was the super star while Pippen was an All Star. The Bulls were winning because of Jordan's greatness combined with Pippen's contributions. From my memory, there weren't a lot of games that the Bulls won because Pippen carried them while Jordan was the #2. I'm sure there were nights where Jordan had an off game and Pippen was great, but that's not how they won.

But when it comes to the Lakers, there were games where Shaq was clearly the best guy on the court and carried them, but there were also nights where Kobe was the best guy on the court. And when they both played on a high level in the playoffs, which was often, there wasn't much of a chance of beating them. They were both super star players.

Jason in LA
06-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Personally, I wouldn't say the Spurs. Only team I'd mention with the Lakers is the Celtics. But when it comes to the Spurs, it's more of Duncan matching Kobe in titles.

cutthemdown
06-10-2012, 03:10 PM
How many villains didn Robin put down without Batman. I need a Batman quick course.

Jason in LA
06-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Being a Celtics fan, who did not expect the Celtics to even make the playoffs, I love the fact that the Celtics gave Laker fans a moment of fear. While it will be awhile before the Celtics win another, the same can be said for the Lakers. Life is good.

I'm sure that Celtics fans aren't feeling too comfortable with the Lakers only being one title behind them. When I started watching basketball when I was a kid, I think the Celtics had a 16-8 lead and it was clear who the dominant NBA franchise was. I didn't seem like the Lakers would ever catch them. Now it's 17-16, and the way things have been going, I'd say that it won't be long before the Lakers cruise right by the Celtics and put them in the rearview mirror. The Lakers can try to squeeze something out of Kobe's final couple years, but if they don't, they'll retool. They always do. The same can't be said for the Celtics. Before the big 3 plus Rondo landed there, they were nothing for years. This team is probably done, and recent history doesn't say that they will have the ability to retool. It took them 20 years to get it back going after the Bird era.

oubronco
06-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Should be a good Finals, Can't wait

Thunder Up!!

bombay
06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Let's go Thunder!

Requiem
06-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Oklahoma City Thunder wooOWowoowoOGodamnGooThunDer!!!

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Excuse me for using "vague terminology". I am a sports writer, and we like to paint a picture.

Okay, to spell it out for you, I don't agree with Shaq being "Batman" and Kobe being "Robin". That's diminishing Kobe's role. I always viewed them as equals in the Lakers success, unlike Jordan and Pippen, where it was clear that Jordan was the #1 and Pippen was the #2.
They weren't equals. The first 3peat was done under the old rules. Under the old rules, it was really hard to win without dominant big men. It's not that there's an inherent value to being tall as much as it's the fact that they win closest to the basket. Jordan was an exception to this. He could attack the basket at will. This is what allowed the Bulls to go on a big run without the dominant center. Jordan was accomplishing what it normally takes a center to accomplish (ie winning in the paint). Teams recognize the importance of defending the area closest to the basket. If you cant slow that down, you typically had no chance. And so, of course, Shaq was going to get more focus than Kobe. If Kobe had big nights, it's often because of the level of dedication that it took to defend Shaq.

But the rule changes around 2005 made a big difference. It's what led to Kobe's scoring surge. And it's also what led to the Spurs winning less (ie having Duncan wasnt the advantage it once was).

Jordan was clearly the man with Pippen supporting him. Jordan was the super star while Pippen was an All Star. The Bulls were winning because of Jordan's greatness combined with Pippen's contributions. From my memory, there weren't a lot of games that the Bulls won because Pippen carried them while Jordan was the #2. I'm sure there were nights where Jordan had an off game and Pippen was great, but that's not how they won.

This could just as easily be more about Shaq not being on Jordan's level more than it's about Kobe being better than Pippen. I could just as easily say to you that you're diminishing Pippen to elevate Kobe. In 1994 when Jordan was retired, Pippen was Batman and averaged 22.0 ppg (in an era where it was tougher for perimeter players to score) and was one of the greatest perimteter defenders of all time.

But when it comes to the Lakers, there were games where Shaq was clearly the best guy on the court and carried them, but there were also nights where Kobe was the best guy on the court. And when they both played on a high level in the playoffs, which was often, there wasn't much of a chance of beating them. They were both super star players.

Again, this was under the old rules. Its not a coincidence that the Lakers emerged with their three peat around the time Olajuwon and Ewing were getting old and retiring. But then also, it's kind of why you were saying Lakers fans feel threatened by Duncan's ring count. He was a dominant big man that allowed the Spurs to win championships during the same era that the Lakers had their last 3 peat.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Kinda sad you have to refer to personal shots to defend your team.

Im not really sure how I took a personal shot any more than you did. But, if you really feel that way, I'll just say, don't dish it out if you can't take it.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 04:54 PM
How many villains didn Robin put down without Batman. I need a Batman quick course.

Yeah, put another way, it takes good playerS to win. I think only a fool would disagree with that. There's nothing wrong with being a Robin. It usually means you were on a great teams, and it also distinguishes you from the other players, save one.

But something interesting, is that Pippen evolved into a stronger analogy for a right hand man than what Robin is. And the fact that LA first said it's not like Kobe was Pippen, kind of supports this. Put another way, Pippen has displaced Robin in American lexicon.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Well they haven't won over the yrs like Lakers and Celtics have, but Duncan a superstar and for sure competes up there with Kobe. Also back in the day we hated David Robinson with a passion.

Still when you win a lot of them years like this not super hard to take. Wow losing to the Celtics, that is depressing. Still because I came from Denver I stayed loyal to my Broncos. Didn't get into B-Ball until i got older, my dad didn't watch it. The Broncos winning the Superbowl is worth 10 Laker Championship seasons to me. There is something about the rings coming easy that makes them not as sweet. I'd give up the Lakers winning for the Broncos any day.

We hate Barkley also. He came over and tried to act like he was a winner while the Lakers were stuck with the post Magic hiv team. Strutting around with the Suns and still he couldn't win it all. Talk about an overrated POS.

Thats a little unfair to Barkley. Once the Bulls had got it going and they had the band together, no one else won either. He'll probably be the first to tell you that he wasnt the MVP that year. He might even wish he hadnt won it because it put a chip on Jordans shoulder and he averaged over 40 ppg in the finals that year.

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 05:06 PM
I have a question for Laker fans. Who was the better Laker, Magic or Kobe?

maven
06-10-2012, 06:42 PM

I wonder if Jordan's accomplishments would have been somewhat diminished if Pippen carried that Bulls team to the finals. If it weren't for some BS calls against the Bulls, Pippen led Bulls would've faced the Rockets in the finals.

Pippen is probably one of the most underrated players of all time, even as great of a player as he was. People, not saying you, tend to forget that the Jordan/Pippen teams were stacked.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
I have a question for Laker fans. Who was the better Laker, Magic or Kobe?

Who won more rings that will answer your question

Punisher
06-10-2012, 06:47 PM
OKC in six

maven
06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Why are there so many Thunder supporters on here. I mean, really the Oklahoma City Thunder? haha

maven
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM

Deep what? What is so deep about the Thunder? Harden is essentially a starter.

maven
06-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Is there a reason why Bosh doesn't do his post game press conferences with James and Wade?

Is he suppose to? He does his own thing.

maven
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Orange, your best player is out 2 years. And if that, can he come back and be what he was?

maven
06-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Who won more rings that will answer your question

So they are even is your answer.

maven
06-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Very different locker rooms after finals wins. Heat dancing around like idiots. Thunder all business. Two very different teams that is for sure.

Thunder UP!

So the Miami Heat having fun and accomplishing a trip to the finals is a bad thing?

:giggle:

Punisher
06-10-2012, 07:02 PM
So they are even is your answer.

Sorry at the end of their careers you can answer it but if it was still the same amount you got to give it to Magic

maven
06-10-2012, 07:02 PM

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96085/pics/basketball/x3aDM.gif

maven
06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Sorry at the end of their careers you can answer it but if it was still the same amount you got to give it to Magic

Old Kobe can come down to Miami and come off the bench to gain his 6th title.

maven
06-10-2012, 07:05 PM
How you like dem apples?

Beautiful wasn't it. Witnessing a great player do great things.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Old Kobe can come down to Miami and come off the bench to gain his 6th title.

The only way he'll be a better laker than Magic is if he gains that 6 title as a member of the Lakers

maven
06-10-2012, 07:15 PM
The only way he'll be a better laker than Magic is if he gains that 6 title as a member of the Lakers

Which isn't happening with their current roster and bloated contracts. Suck it Lakers, your team isn't going anywhere.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Which isn't happening with their current roster and bloated contracts. Suck it Lakers, your team isn't going anywhere.

I'm not a bitter lakers Fan nor am i a Kobe fan i know we stink. I don't have high hopes but i did called my bookie and placed a 300$ bet on OKC. Now im hoping James throws another fit after this lost and who knows maybe he'll take hes talents to L.A.

maven
06-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm not a bitter lakers Fan nor am i a Kobe fan i know we stink. I don't have high hopes but i did called my bookie and placed a 300$ bet on OKC. Now im hoping James throws another fit after this lost and who knows maybe he'll take hes talents to L.A.

Hope you lose that bet. And if the Heat make changes, King James isn't the one moving.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Hope you lose that bet. And if the Heat make changes, King James isn't the one moving.

King James lol All he had to do is stay in Cleveland and they would of had a monument of him in the Middle of the city. But no he had to make a fool of himself and for now on everyone will know him as the biggest coward/baby in sports history.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 07:36 PM
And there's no way im losing that bet if Old ass boston can push them to a game 7 what makes you think OKC isn't gonna mop the floor with them. OKC beat the Spurs the Spurs are the 2nd best team in the NBA

maven
06-10-2012, 07:48 PM
King James lol All he had to do is stay in Cleveland and they would of had a monument of him in the Middle of the city. But no he had to make a fool of himself and for now on everyone will know him as the biggest coward/baby in sports history.

He's a free agent. And he has a right to choose where he wants to play. The King went to an organization that wants to win championships versus staying in Cleveland and the organization surrounding him with ****.

maven
06-10-2012, 07:56 PM
And there's no way im losing that bet if Old ass boston can push them to a game 7 what makes you think OKC isn't gonna mop the floor with them. OKC beat the Spurs the Spurs are the 2nd best team in the NBA

I'll keep this simple and this is my opinion. The Miami Heat excel in transition and run and gun. They are not a dominant half court basketball team and they struggled versus the Pacers/Celtics. With Bosh almost back healthy I really like the matchup versus the Thunder. This is going to be an entertaining series.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 07:57 PM
He's a free agent. And he has a right to choose where he wants to play. The King went to an organization that wants to win championships versus staying in Cleveland and the organization surrounding him with ****.

So cry like a little baby and call up Bosh and Wade and try to make this "Super Team" cause your scared of competition the guy is a big bitch he try to find a shortcut and now the Heat will go down as the biggest Fail in sports history.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I'll keep this simple and this is my opinion. The Miami Heat excel in transition and run and gun. They are not a dominant half court basketball team and they struggled versus the Pacers/Celtics. With Bosh almost back healthy I really like the matchup versus the Thunder. This is going to be an entertaining series.

I know for a fact that Bosh will be locked up in a cage though out the whole series wade can't stick Westbrook and who the hell is gonna stick The Beard

maven
06-10-2012, 08:03 PM
So cry like a little baby and call up Bosh and Wade and try to make this "Super Team" cause your scared of competition the guy is a big b**** he try to find a shortcut and now the Heat will go down as the biggest Fail in sports history.

He left. The Cleveland organization is a joke. You can't argue the facts since he went to Miami he has now and will appear in two NBA Finals in two years. He now, once again, has the opportunity to win a chip. Seems to me he made the right decision.

maven
06-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I know for a fact that Bosh will be locked up in a cage though out the whole series wade can't stick Westbrook and who the hell is gonna stick The Beard

?

Bosh will stretch the defense and force Ibaka/Perkins out to cover him since he can nail long jumpers. Bosh has incredible length to disrupt the passing lane and block shots on defense and rebound.

The Beard? Wade.

Westbrook? Will be a tough matchup, yes. Need Chalmers to work him and penetrate on offense and hit wide open jumpers/3's.

maven
06-10-2012, 08:08 PM
CB1 can shoot over Ibaka/Perkins all day and all night.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 08:10 PM
He left. The Cleveland organization is a joke. You can't argue the facts since he went to Miami he has now and will appear in two NBA Finals in two years. He now, once again, has the opportunity to win a chip. Seems to me he made the right decision.

You see you got it wrong young man Professional sports and especially basketball is about competition if your a star in this League. No one would of knocked James if he took five years to get to a championship and just imaging giving a ghost town like Cleveland a Chip. And by the way two years in a row as a loser all aboard the fail train

Punisher
06-10-2012, 08:12 PM
?

Bosh will stretch the defense and force Ibaka/Perkins out to cover him since he can nail long jumpers. Bosh has incredible length to disrupt the passing lane and block shots on defense and rebound.

The Beard? Wade.

Westbrook? Will be a tough matchup, yes. Need Chalmers to work him and penetrate on offense and hit wide open jumpers/3's.

Do you really think Bosh can score or get rebounds over Ibaka hes not even 100% and if he was 100% he still can't do anything against the guy.

maven
06-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh mannnnnnnnnnnn im giddy for THE FINALS to start.

maven
06-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Do you really think Bosh can score or get rebounds over Ibaka hes not even 100% and if he was 100% he still can't do anything against the guy.

Yes, ALL DAY. You clearly do not watch the Heat and have absolutely no clue as to how good CB1 is. Good day.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Yes, ALL DAY. You clearly do not watch the Heat and have absolutely no clue as to how good CB1 is. Good day.

Chris Bosh is a bum and hes soft hes the worst big man for that team even Pat knows i'll bet my bottom dollar he won't be a member of the heat next season win or lose and by the way they gonna lose

maven
06-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Chris Bosh is a bum and hes soft hes the worst big man for that team even Pat knows i'll bet my bottom dollar he won't be a member of the heat next season win or lose and by the way they gonna lose

Keep going stupid.

Hilarious!

Punisher
06-10-2012, 08:20 PM
And i'm sick and tried of these new Heat fans there's only one true Heat fan i know

maven
06-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Since we have a couple of days..............

PREDICTION TIME

Punisher
06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Keep going stupid.

Hilarious!

You clearly don't know ball the Heat have two prime shooters on there team a perfect big man will be a guy like Reggie Evans for them playing for less money, and they can free up space for a better bench

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 08:28 PM
Is he suppose to? He does his own thing.

It just seemed like all three of them were doing pressers at one point. Then he wasn't. I was just wondering why.

Punisher
06-10-2012, 08:29 PM
You clearly don't know ball the Heat have two prime shooters on there team a perfect big man will be a guy like Reggie Evans for them playing for less money, and they can free up space for a better bench

You trade Bosh and get rid of hes soft injury prone ass and bring in Evans and Steven Jackson and another tough defender and i'll promise you the Heat will win a championship

OrangeSe7en
06-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Orange, your best player is out 2 years. And if that, can he come back and be what he was?

I have no idea but I don't have high expectations. I think they may amnesty Boozer. It will be interesting to see what they do with the money if they do that.

DENVERDUI55
06-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Why are there so many Thunder supporters on here. I mean, really the Oklahoma City Thunder? haha

Why are you even posting on here? Your the biggest joke coward I have seen on here. And a banwagon heat fan to boot. How the hell are you a bronco and a heat fan?

maven
06-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Why are you even posting on here? Your the biggest joke coward I have seen on here. And a banwagon heat fan to boot. How the hell are you a bronco and a heat fan?

I think it's GREAT your adopt a bronco went to my alma mater.

:strong:

maven
06-10-2012, 09:16 PM
I have no idea but I don't have high expectations. I think they may amnesty Boozer. It will be interesting to see what they do with the money if they do that.

Tough break for ya. I expect him to come back, but lose some explosiveness. He needs to develop a J in the next two years.

maven
06-10-2012, 09:17 PM
You trade Bosh and get rid of hes soft injury prone ass and bring in Evans and Steven Jackson and another tough defender and i'll promise you the Heat will win a championship

Yes, trade Bosh. You've lost it.

Hilarious!

maven
06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
It just seemed like all three of them were doing pressers at one point. Then he wasn't. I was just wondering why.

He's not "close" with the other 2.

He's his own man.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-11-2012, 07:58 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKfRTJgmgzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jason in LA
06-11-2012, 06:02 PM
As much as I wanted the Heat to lose, I'm excited for this match up, and looking at the final four teams, this is probably what the NBA was hoping for.

The only way the Celtics would have worked was if the Lakers were playing. People can say they are tired of that match up, but when those two teams meet up it gets huge ratings. The Celtics are not as compelling as the Heat and even though they are in a major market, I don't think they would have produced great ratings against the Thunder or the Spurs.

Only way the Spurs would have worked would have been against the Heat. Spurs vs. Celtics wouldn't have moved the dial much. Spurs vs. the Heat would have gotten ratings, but Thunder vs. the Heat works very well.

The only match up that would have beaten Heat vs. Thunder, well, outside of Lakers vs. Celtics, would have been Lakers vs. Heat. LeBron vs. Kobe would have been nuts, and whenever the Lakers are in the Finals it's going to be huge.

THe NBA ended up with a great series. Lets go Thunder!

Bacchus
06-11-2012, 07:12 PM
As much as I wanted the Heat to lose, I'm excited for this match up, and looking at the final four teams, this is probably what the NBA was hoping for.

The only way the Celtics would have worked was if the Lakers were playing. People can say they are tired of that match up, but when those two teams meet up it gets huge ratings. The Celtics are not as compelling as the Heat and even though they are in a major market, I don't think they would have produced great ratings against the Thunder or the Spurs.

Only way the Spurs would have worked would have been against the Heat. Spurs vs. Celtics wouldn't have moved the dial much. Spurs vs. the Heat would have gotten ratings, but Thunder vs. the Heat works very well.

The only match up that would have beaten Heat vs. Thunder, well, outside of Lakers vs. Celtics, would have been Lakers vs. Heat. LeBron vs. Kobe would have been nuts, and whenever the Lakers are in the Finals it's going to be huge.

THe NBA ended up with a great series. Lets go Thunder!

I have been hoping for the Heat to win the last two years. I'm tired of all the hatred for Lebron. Jesus the guy gets criticized for everything. The hatred for him is why? Because he announced on TV where he was going to play? Really, that is it? No gun charges, no women filing aqbuse on him, no DWIs or 10 kids out of wedlock? I hope once he gets his ring people will calm down a little. It's irritating just listening ot talk radio when ever conversation is about Lebron. Kinda like when Tebow was in Denver last year.

OrangeCrush2724
06-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I have been hoping for the Heat to win the last two years. I'm tired of all the hatred for Lebron. Jesus the guy gets criticized for everything. The hatred for him is why? Because he announced on TV where he was going to play? Really, that is it? No gun charges, no women filing aqbuse on him, no DWIs or 10 kids out of wedlock? I hope once he gets his ring people will calm down a little. It's irritating just listening ot talk radio when ever conversation is about Lebron. Kinda like when Tebow was in Denver last year.

Dude, if Lebron wins a ring, it will be, he couldn't win it with hitting a game winning shot (even if he scores 40+), if he does that, it will be he couldn't do it in game 7, if he does that in game 7, it will be he cant win the tittle again, if he wins the tittle again, it will be he can't do it as many times as Jordan did. It will never end. The haters are going to hate. Let them hate, it makes it more fun. It's their fault if they can't witness greatness.

maven
06-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Dude, if Lebron wins a ring, it will be, he couldn't win it with hitting a game winning shot (even if he scores 40+), if he does that, it will be he couldn't do it in game 7, if he does that in game 7, it will be he cant win the tittle again, if he wins the tittle again, it will be he can't do it as many times as Jordan did. It will never end. The haters are going to hate. Let them hate, it makes it more fun. It's their fault if they can't witness greatness.

If the Heat somehow pull off the upset and beat the Thunder, it will be King James only has 1 ring. Great players have multiples! It will never end with him. Like you said, i'm enjoying the ride and I cannot wait for tomorrow night(even though I think they will lose game 1).

maven
06-11-2012, 08:21 PM

I need to look up how long that amnesty lasts. Do you or anyone know?

Bacchus
06-11-2012, 08:32 PM

You are right. I just hope he gets 45 points in a game seven winnning it with a drive to the basket on the final play. I am not even a fan of him or the Heat but all the hatred for him is sickening to me.

Jason in LA
06-11-2012, 08:40 PM

It's way more than that.

SoonerBronco
06-11-2012, 08:53 PM
So the Miami Heat having fun and accomplishing a trip to the finals is a bad thing?

Act like you've been there before... maybe?LOL

SoonerBronco
06-11-2012, 08:57 PM
CB1 can shoot over Ibaka/Perkins all day and all night.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SCF1HgjQQWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SoonerBronco
06-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Bosh will have to do better than the 18 and 12 points he scored vs. the Thunder to be considered shooting and draining shots all day...

SoonerBronco
06-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Hilarious!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Serge+Ibaka+Oklahoma+City+Thunder+v+Miami+aG08ae9g 26Xl.jpg

TerrElway
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm here to take my medicine and give a big fat "I was wrong" about the spurs waltzing to the title. Kudos to OKC for taking the series after their tough start.

OrangeCrush2724
06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I need to look up how long that amnesty lasts. Do you or anyone know?

Until the end of the CBA. Every team gets 1 amnesty.

hambone13
06-12-2012, 02:05 AM

I don't hate LeBron. I just hate his sparkly team and teams like it. It's not that tough to imagine. It's much easier to love a team like OKC with a bunch of grinders from a small market area. It's simple.

BroncoInferno
06-12-2012, 06:20 AM

Here are a couple of snippets from a good article that pretty well summarizes my feeling on the topic:

The case against LeBron is simple and best articulated by the late John F. Kennedy: "To those whom much is given, much is expected."

A ring was not guaranteed there. It was going to be hard. This is why he left. And when he did, he did so in the most cowardly way possible telling Jim Gray before telling the city.

Full article here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cant-erase-the-decision-even-if-miami-heat-win-finals-061112

After LeBron conspired to create a superteam in Miami, Magic Johnson said he never wanted to play with Larry Bird, he wanted to beat Larry Bird. LeBron took the easy way out, and did so in an egotistical, cowardly, and cruel fashion.

RhymesayersDU
06-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Am I the only one rooting for neither team?

I see everybody jumping on OKC, and I get it. Young, likeable team. But I'm not rooting for a Nuggets division rival. I'm just not doing it. I'm not rooting for Miami per se, I just know that I'm sure as hell not supporting OKC.

I guess I just want an entertaining series. And I realize OKC/Denver isn't like, say, Raiders/Broncos, but still, I can't bring myself to root for OKC. I guess part of the issue is I just don't hate LeBron like so many here. So that may be part of it.

bfoflcommish
06-12-2012, 06:54 AM
My prediction is OKC in 6, Heat will give OKC a couple games like they do in every series but Westbrook will shoot the heat to a win as he does at times with his down games and unpredictable play. but I think the depth and team play OKC pull through

Garcia Bronco
06-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Gotta pull for the Thunder, but the Heat will make it a great series.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 07:08 AM

I see everybody jumping on OKC, and I get it. Young, likeable team. But I'm not rooting for a Nuggets division rival. I'm just not doing it. I'm not rooting for Miami per se, I just know that I'm sure as hell not supporting OKC.

I guess I just want an entertaining series. And I realize OKC/Denver isn't like, say, Raiders/Broncos, but still, I can't bring myself to root for OKC. I guess part of the issue is I just don't hate LeBron like so many here. So that may be part of it.

That's an interesting point, because I have never viewed the NBA by divisions. I don't think the divisions are much of a factor in anything. Maybe it's that, or maybe it's because the Lakers have never really had a long term divisional rivalry. Honestly, I can't even think of who is in the division off the top of my head. I guess the Clippers and Warriors. I'm stumped after that.

maven
06-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Until the end of the CBA. Every team gets 1 amnesty.

There's pretty much nobody to amnesty on the Heat. While Miller/Anthony contracts are bad, there's really no relief in dumping them.

maven
06-12-2012, 09:12 AM

Sound like a true Nuggets fan. All this Thunder luv is barf. Not just this board, everywhere.

:)

maven
06-12-2012, 09:14 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SCF1HgjQQWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

that wasn't a good example, but Wade does get dunked on. He goes for blocks to try to stop the opposing player. I have no problems with that.

maven
06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm here to take my medicine and give a big fat "I was wrong" about the spurs waltzing to the title. Kudos to OKC for taking the series after their tough start.

Worst part about the Spurs was people making predictions they would go 16-0 and be considered one of the greatest teams of all time. yah

Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
06-12-2012, 09:19 AM

yah, I'm with you on this. But if I have to pick I pick OKC, not so much because I want to see a division rival win, but for some other reasons like the fact that OKC is a small market team. Also, OKC is built the right way, in a way the Nugz should look at and try and emulate. Miami on the other hand is a big market NBA team that is manufactured in a way I can't stand.

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2012, 09:20 AM
That's an interesting point, because I have never viewed the NBA by divisions. I don't think the divisions are much of a factor in anything. Maybe it's that, or maybe it's because the Lakers have never really had a long term divisional rivalry. Honestly, I can't even think of who is in the division off the top of my head. I guess the Clippers and Warriors. I'm stumped after that.

Yup. The NBA and NFL are EXTREMELY different in that regard.

TonyR
06-12-2012, 09:37 AM
...OKC is built the right way, in a way the Nugz should look at and try and emulate.

Agree, but hard to do without a Kevin Durant on your roster.

TonyR
06-12-2012, 09:41 AM
After LeBron conspired to create a superteam in Miami, Magic Johnson said he never wanted to play with Larry Bird, he wanted to beat Larry Bird. LeBron took the easy way out, and did so in an egotistical, cowardly, and cruel fashion.

Meh. I mean, I understand the sentiment. I too prefer the "old way", the way Magic did it. But today's players generally don't have that same mentality. Plus Magic played for the Lakers and had great teammates. LeBron was never going to get that in ****ing Cleveland. It's also interesting that nobody faults Garnett, Allen and Pierce for similarly creating a "big 3" in Boston. Or Chris Paul for getting out of New Orleans. Or even Carmelo for getting out of Denver, for that matter.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Meh. I mean, I understand the sentiment. I too prefer the "old way", the way Magic did it. But today's players generally don't have that same mentality. Plus Magic played for the Lakers and had great teammates. LeBron was never going to get that in ****ing Cleveland. It's also interesting that nobody faults Garnett, Allen and Pierce for similarly creating a "big 3" in Boston. Or Chris Paul for getting out of New Orleans. Or even Carmelo for getting out of Denver, for that matter.

The Celtics are different from the Heat in the way they were constructed. If I'm remembering right, Pierce was not a free agent that year, so he was already in place. Garnett was traded for. So the only player who chose to go to Boston was Allen.

Nobody faults Paul or Carmelo for wanting to leave, and nobody faults LeBron or Bosh for wanting to leave either.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 09:52 AM

Worst part about the Spurs was people making predictions they would go 16-0 and be considered one of the greatest teams of all time. yah

Hilarious!

Am I the only one who finds Maven's response funny? He/she is responding to somebody who manned up and admitted he was wrong. Really? And then he/she has the nerve to laugh at people who rooted hard for their team and thought they were going to win. Really? He/she is out to lunch. Here's the thing, it's cool to make those statements that your team is going to be great as long as you're here to admit you're wrong if your team loses. Props to TerrElway. And not surprisingly, Maven continues to make an ass of him/herself.

Beantown Bronco
06-12-2012, 10:07 AM
If only maven was a Devils fan, then maybe we would've gotten today off at least.

bronco militia
06-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Nobody faults Paul or Carmelo for wanting to leave, and nobody faults LeBron or Bosh for wanting to leave either.

speak for yourself.....

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Is it just me or do these playoffs seem longer than the actual season.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Agree, but hard to do without a Kevin Durant on your roster.

Portland had something to do with OKC building the right way. Their stupidity was OKCs success. Oden? Really?

ludo21
06-12-2012, 10:29 AM
:giggle:That's an interesting point, because I have never viewed the NBA by divisions. I don't think the divisions are much of a factor in anything. Maybe it's that, or maybe it's because the Lakers have never really had a long term divisional rivalry. Honestly, I can't even think of who is in the division off the top of my head. I guess the Clippers and Warriors. I'm stumped after that.

Speak for yourself, but I hate the LAKERS!!!

suns fan here :wave:

maybe its one sided caz we got owned in the playoffs most times

ZONA
06-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Such a tool. Call yourself a Laker fan and you don't even know what teams are in your division? Pretty weak stuff buddy.

I'll help you out.

Clippers
Lakers
Kings
Suns
Warriors

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Could be cause that division isn't as competitive. Spurs mavs memphis all in one division is a little more bottle necked at the top

maven
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Such a tool. Call yourself a Laker fan and you don't even know what teams are in your division? Pretty weak stuff buddy.

I'll help you out.

Clippers
Lakers
Kings
Suns
Warriors

yep, thats pretty weak

maven
06-12-2012, 01:30 PM

Speak for yourself, but I hate the LAKERS!!!

suns fan here :wave:

maybe its one sided caz we got owned in the playoffs most times

The heat could use Nash running the point next season

TerrElway
06-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Am I the only one who finds Maven's response funny? He/she is responding to somebody who manned up and admitted he was wrong. Really? And then he/she has the nerve to laugh at people who rooted hard for their team and thought they were going to win. Really? He/she is out to lunch. Here's the thing, it's cool to make those statements that your team is going to be great as long as you're here to admit you're wrong if your team loses. Props to TerrElway. And not surprisingly, Maven continues to make an ass of him/herself.

Thanks JiLA - but to be clear I'm a Jazz fan who thought the Spurs were playing so well that no one would touch them.

If you open your mouth about something, you have to be prepared to eat it if it goes bad so that's what I was doing.

Thanks for the back up.

oubronco
06-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Thunder Up Baby!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Thunder Up Baby!!!

Better make some room on the thunder wagon for this spurs fan and my kegs. Thunder in 5

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 05:23 PM

I'll help you out.

Clippers
Lakers
Kings
Suns
Warriors

Really? I guess you're still butt hurt from having to take it after talking all that trash a couple years back. Talk about a loser.

Seeing that it is all about NBA Finals championships for the Lakers, and division titles for your Suns, I could see why you get all wrapped up in that. Honestly I rarely even pay attention to the division, but the seeds. Because the divisions don't really matter. These teams are competing against the entire conference for seeding, not just teams in their division.

I'm wondering, do the Suns hang division championship banners? ;D

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Yup. The NBA and NFL are EXTREMELY different in that regard.

Yep, that's the way I see it. In the NFL winning the division is a ticket into the playoffs and a home game, with the potential of a first round bye. Teams that don't win the division are going to need some help to get in the playoffs. But in basketball, not winning the division isn't keeping any team out. Just be over .500 and a team is pretty much in. NBA teams are really competing against the entire conference for the most part. When I look at the NBA standings I never look at the division standings, I look at the conference standings.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 05:29 PM
yep, thats pretty weak

You are funny. You have to be a bigger troll than Chief fans.

Punisher
06-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Who will win the team that did it threw the draft OKC or the ****** pussy team from free agency The Heat

Broncobiv
06-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Seemed like Miami just coldn't miss a shot in the first half! OKC is still playing well. They'll take it in the second because the Heat have to cool down at some point.

bfoflcommish
06-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Soooooo, chalmers doesn't mean **** to the heat right?????

I told you all he is a key to the team.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Well things could be a lot worse for the Thunder. The Heat looked like they were on the verge of blowing this game open, but the Thunder have stuck around. Still anybody's ball game, but if the Heat role players keep shooting like that, the Thunder are going to be in trouble.

Tim
06-12-2012, 07:23 PM
The heat are the better team but I've seen OKC win every close game they have been in so this will be a good series.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Looks like we have a game!

myMind
06-12-2012, 07:49 PM
This is going to be a hell of a series.

Broncobiv
06-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Uh oh...Lebron is pulling yet ANOTHER 4th quarter finals disappearing act! LOL

Durant showing him how it's done!

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 08:28 PM
This 4th quarter collapse by the Heat isn't all LeBron's fault, but I'll just point out that with 3 minutes left in the period, and the Thunder scoring at will, he only has two points on 1-4 shooting.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 08:31 PM
LeBron is finally starting to score. But Durant still has him 13-6 in this period.

ohiobronco2
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Durant is amazing. That is how you close out games.

Broncobiv
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM
LeBron is finally starting to score. But Durant still has him 13-6 in this period.

Less than a minute to go, he has two 4th quarter field goals when his team needed him the most.

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
After doing a whole lot of nothing for the first 9 minutes of the period, LeBron comes alive. He should have been doing this like 5 minutes ago. Again, he goes long stretches of being a non-factor when it really matters.

bombay
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
The officials can't keep roid boy and old man wade in the game, try as they might. Durrant and Westbrook are just too good.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Where's Maven. Good to see we won't be seeing her for the rest of the playoffs

Thunder in 5 was my original prediction. Thunder should sweep

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Durant>LeBron.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Where's Maven. Good to see we won't be seeing her for the rest of the playoffs

Thunder in 5 was my original prediction. Thunder should sweep

Taking care of those 20 kids. If the heat had won he'd like them put themselves to bed.

bombay
06-12-2012, 08:44 PM
It never did matter who won the lEast.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
dont have much to say do ya.

*Note- for future reference, this quote is on page 75. ;D

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Jason watchin that game doesn't it look exactly like how our teams played them? Both lakers and spurs would get the lead in the 1st half then get choked out in the 2nd half.

Cmac821
06-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Just looked up KD's measurables and my jaw is now on the ground. With shoes he stands 6'10" with a 7'5" wingspan...holy crap

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Jason watchin that game doesn't it look exactly like how our teams played them? Both lakers and spurs would get the lead in the 1st half then get choked out in the 2nd half.

I'd say so. The Thunder can turn it on big time when they need to. It really sucked when the Lakers would hold the lead until the closing minutes of the game and then the Thunder would just drop a bomb on them. Like they turned into superheroes or something.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 08:53 PM
He's a freak. You cannot stop KD. You can only hope to contain him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I'd say so. The Thunder can turn it on big time when they need to. It really sucked with the Lakers would hold the lead until the closing minutes of the game and then the Thunder would just drop a bomb on them. Like they turned into superheroes or something.

That is rare for a young team to do too

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Maven would be blowin up this thread if Miami won. What a cement head

Dutch
06-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Well, took the first half for the Thunder to knock the rust off....but they did. Nice defensive adjustment by the Thunder at the half. You can't understate the defensive contributions of Sefolosha and Collison tonight. Once the heat cooled off on the outside jumpshots in the second half, it was just a matter of time.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-12-2012, 08:57 PM
The true MVP took over the game. Almost as predictable as the decisionmaker's inevitable fade to impotency when it mattered most. BTW Sefolosha was incredible... as usual.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Durant>LeBron.

Durant>>>>>>Lebron

SoCalBronco
06-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Looks like Maven is "working" tonight...

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-12-2012, 09:27 PM
Looks like Maven is "working" tonight...

She's gonna be working for the next week too.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-12-2012, 09:32 PM
I dunno about Durant being better than LeBron, but that is one tough team, and he's one hell of a scorer...best in the league. Sometimes watching Miami play makes me wonder how they even got this far. Their offensive sets are ugly, their ball movement isn't great, and no one complements each other well. LeBron and Wade are really good so I guess thats good enough to get them this far, but the Thunder are a better basketball team. Lookin forward to the rest of this series.

Also, the immediate reaction, as always, is...the heat lose, James sucks. He (and maybe Battier and Chalmers..but lets get real) was the only guy on the heat who showed up. Wade and Bosh stunk tonight.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-12-2012, 09:33 PM
After doing a whole lot of nothing for the first 9 minutes of the period, LeBron comes alive. He should have been doing this like 5 minutes ago. Again, he goes long stretches of being a non-factor when it really matters.

Part of this is because Wade seems to take more control during these times. He really shouldn't, but i have a feeling thats kinda what they have decided on to appease each other.

They shouldnt be playing together.

Jason in LA
06-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Part of this is because Wade seems to take more control during these times. He really shouldn't, but i have a feeling thats kinda what they have decided on to appease each other.

I agree, these shouldn't play together. There isn't much of a need to have both of them. Kind of like the Lakers. There really is no need to have both Gasol and Bynum, and when they won the two titles, they really didn't have both of them as a featured part of the offense. It was just Gasol.

OBF1
06-12-2012, 09:48 PM
3 more to go and I will be happy.

Dutch
06-12-2012, 09:49 PM

I agree with you completely on this. Add to that the fact that Bosh is not a good fit as the third leg (he should be on a team where he is more of a top 2 guy). The athleticism of the Thunder is going to present a problem for the heat in this series. They had better athletes than Indiana and the Celtics, which allowed them to come back after getting down in both those series. That will not happen against the Thunder. The only thing that kept it close tonight was Westbrook not getting Durant the ball more often. Westbrook had 17 shots to Durant's 8 at one point when KD was calling for the ball. What? Why the hell are you not feeding the ball to the reigning scoring champion more often than throwing up your own trash? I'm sure Scott Brooks will address it before game 2. He coached a hell of a game tonight and the Thunder played a nice TEAM game to win it in the second half.

DENVERDUI55
06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Maven would be blowin up this thread if Miami won. What a cement head

Would you expect any less? Seriously the Heat aren't that good of a team and Wade and Bron are awful together vs what there talent adds up to. I thought heat would make the run once the refs started blowing the whistle on the Wade out of control drives. That is the only time he is clutch is when refs give it to him. No Maven til friday at least.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Would you expect any less? Seriously the Heat aren't that good of a team and Wade and Bron are awful together vs what there talent adds up to. I thought heat would make the run once the refs started blowing the whistle on the Wade out of control drives. That is the only time he is clutch is when refs give it to him. No Maven til friday at least.

I dont know if they are "awful" together, they did make two straight finals. But they dont complement each other all that well.

Doggcow
06-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Where's that tool Maven?

hambone13
06-13-2012, 12:18 AM
I agree with you completely on this. Add to that the fact that Bosh is not a good fit as the third leg (he should be on a team where he is more of a top 2 guy). The athleticism of the Thunder is going to present a problem for the heat in this series. They had better athletes than Indiana and the Celtics, which allowed them to come back after getting down in both those series. That will not happen against the Thunder. The only thing that kept it close tonight was Westbrook not getting Durant the ball more often. Westbrook had 17 shots to Durant's 8 at one point when KD was calling for the ball. What? Why the hell are you not feeding the ball to the reigning scoring champion more often than throwing up your own trash? I'm sure Scott Brooks will address it before game 2. He coached a hell of a game tonight and the Thunder played a nice TEAM game to win it in the second half.

Outstanding observations. I couldn't agree more. Westbrook does have a tendency to be a ball hog. I mean, when you have those sorts of ball handling skills, involve your team more!

KCStud
06-13-2012, 12:40 AM
Could KD be the next MJ icon?

If/when? OKC win this series, it could be the start to a real dynasty.

I just don't see any team in the West being able to keep up with this team. They're all too old.

bfoflcommish
06-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Chalmers has hit more big shots than those other 3, he plays more under control than westbrook, he's quicker than Parker and more of an in your face defender than rondo. Chalmers is nothing to sneeze at at all, in fact I think if he wasnt on the team Heat would look much worse. he's like Harden is for the Thunder, not the best when you compare him to others of his position but when it comes down to it you'd rather have him than alot of others players

You must be a KU fan. Chalmers really isn't in the same league as the other 3 players.

Please tell me how i'm wrong again!! Chalmers is a very important piece of the Heat

Bob's your Information Minister
06-13-2012, 06:56 AM
I dunno about Durant being better than LeBron, but that is one tough team, and he's one hell of a scorer...best in the league. Sometimes watching Miami play makes me wonder how they even got this far.

The East is weak.

Chicago would have beaten Miami had Rose not gotten hurt.

DENVERDUI55
06-13-2012, 07:19 AM
Chalmers has hit more big shots than those other 3, he plays more under control than westbrook, he's quicker than Parker and more of an in your face defender than rondo. Chalmers is nothing to sneeze at at all, in fact I think if he wasnt on the team Heat would look much worse. he's like Harden is for the Thunder, not the best when you compare him to others of his position but when it comes down to it you'd rather have him than alot of tohers players

Wow! Chalmers top 3 PG in the league then.

TonyR
06-13-2012, 07:30 AM
I dunno about Durant being better than LeBron, but that is one tough team, and he's one hell of a scorer...best in the league. Sometimes watching Miami play makes me wonder how they even got this far. Their offensive sets are ugly, their ball movement isn't great, and no one complements each other well. LeBron and Wade are really good so I guess thats good enough to get them this far, but the Thunder are a better basketball team. Lookin forward to the rest of this series.

Also, the immediate reaction, as always, is...the heat lose, James sucks. He (and maybe Battier and Chalmers..but lets get real) was the only guy on the heat who showed up. Wade and Bosh stunk tonight.

^ All of this. The LeBron haters are hilarious. The fact that OKC defended LeBron better than the Heat defended Durant somehow doesn't get factored into the silly "Durant > LeBron" proclamations. Can't do it alone, folks. It's a team game. LeBron didn't get much help. If Wade's play doesn't improve the Heat have no chance in this series.

TonyR
06-13-2012, 07:32 AM
Please tell me how i'm wrong again!! Chalmers is a very important piece of the Heat

How were you "right"? Did anybody say he wasn't "important"? I just said he really wasn't all that good. He's okay, nothing special. But I stand by my point that of the final 4 teams he's the 4th best PG.

bfoflcommish
06-13-2012, 07:36 AM
How were you "right"? Did anybody say he wasn't "important"? I just said he really wasn't all that good. He's okay, nothing special. But I stand by my point that of the final 4 teams he's the 4th best PG.

you called him a scrub and not a role player at all

bfoflcommish
06-13-2012, 07:38 AM
Yup. Chalmers, Miller, Haslem, Battier, and Anthony arent even a mediocre bunch, let alone a good one.

without chalmers and battier's game yesterday heat lose by 20+. as I said heat have role players that do more than needed, but its up to the superstars to take over for the 4th...and well..yeah

Flex Gunmetal
06-13-2012, 08:12 AM
^ All of this. The LeBron haters are hilarious. The fact that OKC defended LeBron better than the Heat defended Durant somehow doesn't get factored into the silly "Durant > LeBron" proclamations. Can't do it alone, folks. It's a team game. LeBron didn't get much help. If Wade's play doesn't improve the Heat have no chance in this series.

We know Lebron can drop 30 any night. But, the quantifier has become can he play in the 4th in the finals and lead his team to a win. He can't, because he's not that guy. He has no killer instinct. These finals are his chance to shake that reputation, and so far he's done nothing but reinforce it.

It looks that much worse thanks to Durant being in the finals, because he can close a game, and likely a series.

In my mind, that makes Durant head and shoulders above lebron.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-13-2012, 08:22 AM
Durant can play off Lebron. He gives him a little more space on the perimeter than other defenders. He can get away with it cause of his 7 plus wingspan. Not giving much up.

I find it amusing that people blame the players around Lebron. They did it in Cleveland and now in Miami. Maybe it's cause Lebron does not bring out the best in his teammates. Does not elevate their game. Game 1 is the best example of his teammates making shots. They aren't going to shoot like that all the time. Does he make wade worse or better? Superstars make themselves great. Elite superstars make themselves AND their teammates great

TonyR
06-13-2012, 08:30 AM
I find it amusing that people blame the players around Lebron.

Unless LeBron scores 40+ Miami will not win many games when Wade and Bosh give them a combined 29 points. I don't know how to simplify it any more than that. Wade and Bosh need to do more, that's how the team is built. Battier's above average scoring night helped a little bit last night but not enough. OKC looks to be the better team and that's why they're favored to win the series.

socalorado
06-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Durant can play off Lebron. He gives him a little more space on the perimeter than other defenders. He can get away with it cause of his 7 plus wingspan. Not giving much up.

I find it amusing that people blame the players around Lebron. They did it in Cleveland and now in Miami. Maybe it's cause Lebron does not bring out the best in his teammates. Does not elevate their game. Game 1 is the best example of his teammates making shots. They aren't going to shoot like that all the time. Does he make wade worse or better? Superstars make themselves great. Elite superstars make themselves AND their teammates great

LeFraud James = Glorified Karl Malone

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-13-2012, 08:37 AM
West > East

I think not only the thunder gives them problems, the spurs and lakers would too. West is stacked with at least 4 elite teams that are just as good or better than the east best team. You got Chicago and Miami in the east. That's it. Boston will break up. Meanwhile in the west you got thunder lakers spurs Memphis with clippers comin up and Dallas retooling. West is battle tested

socalorado
06-13-2012, 08:49 AM
West > East

I think not only the thunder gives them problems, the spurs and lakers would too. West is stacked with at least 4 elite teams that are just as good or better than the east best team. You got Chicago and Miami in the east. That's it. Boston will break up. Meanwhile in the west you got thunder lakers spurs Memphis with clippers comin up and Dallas retooling. West is battle tested

^THIS.

Also, its just criminal that Rose was injured.
If hes stays healthy, CHI is playin OKC right now.

Jason in LA
06-13-2012, 08:56 AM
without chalmers and battier's game yesterday heat lose by 20+. as I said heat have role players that do more than needed, but its up to the superstars to take over for the 4th...and well..yeah

LeBron scored two points through the first nine minutes of the 4th. Over that period the Thunder's lead went from 1 point to 8.

This game doesn't fall all on LeBron, because Wade and Bosh weren't much of a factor and Chalmers and Battier weren't about to continue scoring like they did in the first half, but LeBron tends to disappear when he is most needed. Maybe he's tired, or maybe that's just him. Like people say, not clutch. Durant scored 17 in the 4th and never went more than 2 minutes without scoring.

Jason in LA
06-13-2012, 09:00 AM
We know Lebron can drop 30 any night. But, the quantifier has become can he play in the 4th in the finals and lead his team to a win. He can't, because he's not that guy. He has no killer instinct. These finals are his chance to shake that reputation, and so far he's done nothing but reinforce it.

It looks that much worse thanks to Durant being in the finals, because he can close a game, and likely a series.

In my mind, that makes Durant head and shoulders above lebron.

Pretty much. LeBron scores at will for 3 periods, then takes a back seat in the 4th. I don't really get it.

Unless LeBron scores 40+ Miami will not win many games when Wade and Bosh give them a combined 29 points. I don't know how to simplify it any more than that. Wade and Bosh need to do more, that's how the team is built. Battier's above average scoring night helped a little bit last night but not enough. OKC looks to be the better team and that's why they're favored to win the series.

I'd say that LeBron should just go out and score 40 a night. It gives them a better chance to win. He needs to get selfish, because when he is playing aggressive he is pretty much unstoppable. The only one who stops him is himself, and he does it every 4th period.

bombay
06-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Miami just looked old in the 4th. They - including james and wade - were standing with their hands on their knees during breaks while the Thunder looked like they could run all night.

bfoflcommish
06-13-2012, 09:11 AM
Miami just looked old in the 4th. They - including james and wade - were standing with their hands on their knees during breaks while the Thunder looked like they could run all night.

getting old and playing against younger talent sucks. hahaha

Punisher
06-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Malone, Barkely and Miller never won a ring cause of Jordan. Now James will never win a ring cause of Durant

TonyR
06-13-2012, 09:18 AM

I don't disagree, and you also need to consider the fact that Miami only had 6 guys play 20+ minutes while OKC had 8. OKC is deeper.

bombay
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
I don't disagree, and you also need to consider the fact that Miami only had 6 guys play 20+ minutes while OKC had 8. OKC is deeper.

James may have trouble getting that 8th ring.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:14 AM

This is the most absurd quote of the year. LeBron doesn't elevate his teammate's games? LeBron in Cleveland = Best record in the league. Cleveland without Lebron=number one pick in the draft. He got the most out of those guys. Just as he gets quite a bit out of all the spare parts used around him, Wade, and Bosh now.

And for the person who says "LeBron's 30 points are a ho hum given, but he can't do it in the 4th"...its unreal the expectations put on this guy. If the Heat don't win, and he doesn't score 30, he sucks...there's no black and white with his critics.

The reason OKC won the game yesterday is because they hit many clutch shots down the end. LeBron didn't play poorly, OKC gets paid too. And again, he was the only one of the "big three" that decided to show up for the Heat yesterday

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Pretty much. LeBron scores at will for 3 periods, then takes a back seat in the 4th. I don't really get it.

I'd say that LeBron should just go out and score 40 a night. It gives them a better chance to win. He needs to get selfish, because when he is playing aggressive he is pretty much unstoppable. The only one who stops him is himself, and he does it every 4th period.

He def needs to get more selfish. As i mentioned before, I don't know their "arrangement," but Wade seems to control the ball more in the 4th. That's what happens when you have two alpha males. Everyone need their touches.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Malone, Barkely and Miller never won a ring cause of Jordan. Now James will never win a ring cause of Durant

Durant is awesome, but he also plays with a HELL of a supporting cast. Russell Westbrook carved up that MIami D. James Harden could be the first scoring option for a bunch of teams. Ibaka, Perk, Fish, Collison, Sefolosha. All perfect role players. Well, Ibaka is better than a role player. It's a fantastic team all coming into their own at the same time.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:18 AM

Durant is awesome, but he also plays with a HELL of a supporting cast. Russell Westbrook carved up that MIami D. James Harden could be the first scoring option for a bunch of teams. Ibaka, Perk, Fish, Collison, Sefolosha. All perfect role players. Well, Ibaka is better than a role player. It's a fantastic team all coming into their own at the same time.

Put it this way, if you traded Durant for LeBron straight up right now, Miami isn't winning this series.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
You know what this lebron argument was probably similar to? Elway in the 80's.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-13-2012, 10:35 AM
Lebron wanted to go to the heat. He chose them. The supporting cast wasn't an issue for him cause he thought they'd win 7 rings with 3 players. Durant was chosen by the sonics. He chose to stay with the team after moving and let Presti do his job surrounding him with talent.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 10:38 AM
West > East

Indiana's actually legit. They don't have an elite player but they have good to very good players at every position. They're one of the more balanced teams in the NBA.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Lebron wanted to go to the heat. He chose them. The supporting cast wasn't an issue for him cause he thought they'd win 7 rings with 3 players. Durant was chosen by the sonics. He chose to stay with the team after moving and let Presti do his job surrounding him with talent.

What does this have to do with anything? I didn't say LeBron was a brilliant statistician and prognosticator, or a great future GM. I don't understand why people place some weird, moralistic code on sports. Like how many on this board immediately spew the "you can only build teams through the draft/free agency is a false idol" mantra.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 10:42 AM

Apples and oranges

24champ
06-13-2012, 10:46 AM
ROFL!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pT-I8jQDQ7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 10:49 AM

Put it this way, if you traded Durant for LeBron straight up right now, Miami isn't winning this series.

But it's not all those other guys who asserted himself in the 4th qtr last night. It was Durant who did what elite players are supposed to do. But even though he was bettered by Durant, this loss wasnt really on LeBron. Wade was MIA.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Apples and oranges

Well, yeah, but boiled down to brass tacks...not really. Two supreme talents on inferior teams. Yeah yeah, i know LeBron and Wade THOUGHT they would be unstoppable, but turns out a "big three" probably doesn't get you over the hump without some great role players. But again, this hasn't exactly been a failure for Miami...they've made two straight finals with their current incarnation, and obviously can win this one. And there's lots of circumstances that go into winning. but, regardless, right now its LeBron dragging his supporting cast up the hill..just like Elway did in the 80's

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:51 AM
But it's not all those other guys who asserted himself in the 4th qtr last night. It was Durant who did what elite players are supposed to do. But even though he was bettered by Durant, this loss wasnt really on LeBron. Wade was MIA.

Durant is awesome. He's the best scorer in the league, an elite talent. And I agree no one else really showed up for Miami last night.

ohiobronco2
06-13-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm over hating LeBron. Been doing it for far too long. I root for the Thunder to succeed because they built their franchise the right way and they have likeable stars. I just don't like the personalities of Wade and LeBron. Wade in particular, he can be a bully at times, I'd like to see somebody lay his a** out when he gets in a cheap shot one of those times. Besides, I think the Cavs are heading in the right direction with Grant as the GM (think he is much better than Ferry). Kyrie will be one of the best PG's in the league in a few years, damn near top 5 now and he is very, very clutch. I think the Cavs can be an eastern conference contender in 3 years with the right moves.

Smiling Assassin27
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Durant is awesome. He's the best scorer in the league, an elite talent. And I agree no one else really showed up for Miami last night.

Westbrook beat wade (and whomever else tried to stay in front of him) like a rented mule. Durant and LeBron will be largely a push but if the heat have no answer for westbrook blowing by the first guy, it's gonna be a short series.

Also, Bosh was invisible. the lasting image of bosh in game 1 will be those silly 3 pointers he jacked up.

bombay
06-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Poor lebron. Nine years in and he just can't seem to surround himself with the right guys.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, yeah, but boiled down to brass tacks...not really. Two supreme talents on inferior teams. Yeah yeah, i know LeBron and Wade THOUGHT they would be unstoppable, but turns out a "big three" probably doesn't get you over the hump without some great role players. But again, this hasn't exactly been a failure for Miami...they've made two straight finals with their current incarnation, and obviously can win this one. And there's lots of circumstances that go into winning. but, regardless, right now its LeBron dragging his supporting cast up the hill..just like Elway did in the 80's

Yes really. First of all, football and basketball are nothing alike. One player can have a greater impact in basketball. It's only 5 players vs 11 in football. Also, you play both offense and defense in basketball.

Second of all, you act like sports talk radio existed back then (like it does now). This whole ring thing is a function of a bunch of media blowhards on sports talk radio.

And lastly, you're not looking at why people pile on LeBron. Elway was never "hey look at me". He didn't go out of his way to draw attention by dancing randomly on the football field. He never referred to himself as the chosen one. Nor did Elway ever predict that his team would win 8 or more rings. LeBron has invited people to pile on by his own actions.

OrangeCrush2724
06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Miami can't win with Wade playing the way he is.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Yes really. First of all, football and basketball are nothing alike. One player can have a greater impact in basketball. It's only 5 players vs 11 in football. Also, you play both offense and defense in basketball.

Second of all, you act like sports talk radio existed back then (like it does now). This whole ring thing is a function of a bunch of media blowhards on sports talk radio.

And lastly, you're not looking at why people pile on LeBron. Elway was never "hey look at me". He didn't go out of his way to draw attention by dancing randomly on the football field. He never referred to himself as the chosen one. Nor did Elway ever predict that his team would win 8 or more rings. LeBron has invited people to pile on by his own actions.

You're inflating the argument to more than I'm suggesting. The similarity is they are elite talents carrying teams to the finals, yet not getting over the hump. And off the court conversation doesn't apply to what I'm suggesting, nor do the obvious differences between football and basketball. This was more a response to when someone suggested a similarity between Tebow and LeBron.

And obviously we exist in a different world, with the 24/7 media. It's partially why LeBron has the highest expectations of any athlete to ever play a sport. And Sports Illustrated, i believe, tagged him with the Chosen One moniker...though I believe he did call himself King James.

bombay
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Rep.

Good points, all.

Flex Gunmetal
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM
And for the person who says "LeBron's 30 points are a ho hum given, but he can't do it in the 4th"...its unreal the expectations put on this guy. If the Heat don't win, and he doesn't score 30, he sucks...there's no black and white with his critics.

I'll make it black and white: When you can't or wont finish in the 4th in the finals chance after chance after chance, your regular season accolades mean nothing.

Scoring 30 pts in 3 quarters is great. But if you can't come thru, nay, refuse to even try to come thru in winning time on the biggest stage, what good is it?

Not even a little bit.

Elway tried, and failed in the 80's. Lebron doesn't try. Elway didn't team up with Rice and Payton, either.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 11:36 AM
You're inflating the argument to more than I'm suggesting. The similarity is they are elite talents carrying teams to the finals, yet not getting over the hump. And off the court conversation doesn't apply to what I'm suggesting, nor do the obvious differences between football and basketball. This was more a response to when someone suggested a similarity between Tebow and LeBron.

And obviously we exist in a different world, with the 24/7 media. It's partially why LeBron has the highest expectations of any athlete to ever play a sport. And Sports Illustrated, i believe, tagged him with the Chosen One moniker...though I believe he did call himself King James.

Like I said, apples and oranges.

TonyR
06-13-2012, 11:38 AM

Agree. But completely different eras, and we're comparing a guy who got a degree from Stanford and was raised by Jack Elway to a guy who didn't go to college and pretty much didn't have a father. Safe to say the former guy is going to make some better decisions than the latter? All things considered LeBron is a pretty good guy and plays a pretty unselfish brand of basketball. He was crowned as a 14 year old and then people wonder why he has at least a little sense of entitlement about him. Why this brings people to hate the guy so much I can't really say. Says as much about the people hating on him and having ridiculous expectations and a complete lack of perspective as it does about LeBron.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 11:38 AM
I'll make it black and white: When you can't or wont finish in the 4th in the finals chance after chance after chance, your regular season accolades mean nothing.

Scoring 30 pts in 3 quarters is great. But if you can't come thru, nay, refuse to even try to come thru in winning time on the biggest stage, what good is it?

Not even a little bit.

Elway tried, and failed in the 80's. Lebron doesn't try. Elway didn't team up with Rice and Payton, either.

This is ridiculous. Now LeBron doesn't try? As I've said before, this is what happens when two alpha males join each other. I dont know why Wade takes most of the shots in the 4th, but he does. Plus, when LeBron does have good 4th quarters (game 7 in Boston most recently), people brush these facts aside. Seriously, if he doesnt score 40 everynight, with 12 of them coming in the 4th for a win, you guys wont be satisfied. And, again, as I've said, he wasn't this way for most of his career in cleveland. He shouldn't be playing with Wade.

It's blind hate...and it's sad. Because he's a fantastic basketball player.

TonyR
06-13-2012, 11:41 AM
You're inflating the argument to more than I'm suggesting.

I thought your point was fairly clear. But when it comes to LeBron common sense tends to go right out the window.

bombay
06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Let me think... who brought 'ridiculous expectations' on james... hmmm, hard question.

If only his mommy had raised him right.

TonyR
06-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Lebron doesn't try.

Oh good grief...

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Let me think... who brought 'ridiculous expectations' on james... hmmm, hard question.

If only his mommy had raised him right.

Theres a lot of reasons. The public's "moralistic sanctimony" cheif among them

bombay
06-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey, I just discovered that Kevin Durant was raised by his mother and grandmother because his dad left when he was one.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Too bad Maven isn't here to discuss this. He's too busy washin his pink taco

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Agree. But completely different eras, and we're comparing a guy who got a degree from Stanford and was raised by Jack Elway to a guy who didn't go to college and pretty much didn't have a father. Safe to say the former guy is going to make some better decisions than the latter? All things considered LeBron is a pretty good guy and plays a pretty unselfish brand of basketball. He was crowned as a 14 year old and then people wonder why he has at least a little sense of entitlement about him. Why this brings people to hate the guy so much I can't really say. Says as much about the people hating on him and having ridiculous expectations and a complete lack of perspective as it does about LeBron.

Betty Ford might have a program for you LeBron James addiction.

You act like he's going to read the orangemane and invite you to his pool party. This level of devotion, you have, to being a LeBron apologist is beyond pathetic.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 12:09 PM

You act like he's going to read the orangemane and invite you to his pool party. This level of devotion, you have, to being a LeBron apologist is beyond pathetic.

Well, it didn't take that long for the **** throwing to start again!

bronco militia
06-13-2012, 12:10 PM

LOL

Flex Gunmetal
06-13-2012, 12:22 PM
This is ridiculous. Now LeBron doesn't try? As I've said before, this is what happens when two alpha males join each other. I dont know why Wade takes most of the shots in the 4th, but he does. Plus, when LeBron does have good 4th quarters (game 7 in Boston most recently), people brush these facts aside. Seriously, if he doesnt score 40 everynight, with 12 of them coming in the 4th for a win, you guys wont be satisfied. And, again, as I've said, he wasn't this way for most of his career in cleveland. He shouldn't be playing with Wade.

It's blind hate...and it's sad. Because he's a fantastic basketball player.

When he can close a finals game, ill say he's the player you think he is.
You don't think Lebron noticed wade struggling? Dude simply is not a killer, unfortunately for him, Durant is.

bombay
06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Durant and Westbrook outscored the 8 time champion heat by themselves in the 2nd half.

TonyR
06-13-2012, 12:38 PM

^ So the ad hominems come out when you can no longer intelligently refute anything I said? Obviously my comments hit close to home!

Come on, you're better than this. What did I say that you disagree with? And what's wrong with defending LeBron? Nowhere did I say that he can't or shouldn't do better than he did last night. But the way some of you go out of your way to disparage the guy when his team loses is beyond ridiculous.

bombay
06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
I guess Jason is right with his Tebow call. You can say the guy is great player, but unless you kiss his ass while he is failing miserably to do what he said he would do, it makes you a hater.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 12:48 PM
^ So the ad hominems come out when you can no longer intelligently refute anything I said? Obviously my comments hit close to home!

Come on, you're better than this. What did I say that you disagree with? And what's wrong with defending LeBron? Nowhere did I say that he can't or shouldn't do better than he did last night. But the way some of you go out of your way to disparage the guy when his team loses is beyond ridiculous.

Your comments were rote.

bombay
06-13-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=101766

Hey, look at this. The disappearing douchebag has 100 more posts in this thread than anyone else.

Flex Gunmetal
06-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh good grief...

What?
Durant makes one more 4th quarter basket this series, and he'll have more 4th quarter points than Lebron had in last year's finals.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 02:25 PM
I guess Jason is right with his Tebow call. You can say the guy is great player, but unless you kiss his ass while he is failing miserably to do what he said he would do, it makes you a hater.

Taking his team to the finals while putting up historic numbers = failing miserably.

High expectations.

bombay
06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
The standard james set for himself - and his teammates - was 8 (or more) NBA titles.

I don't expect him to reach the standard he set for himself. Pat Riley sure did cringe when he said that.

phibacka31
06-13-2012, 03:08 PM
The standard james set for himself - and his teammates - was 8 (or more) NBA titles.

I don't expect him to reach the standard he set for himself. Pat Riley sure did cringe when he said that.

Ok...I have to respond. I am NOT a Heat fan. I have always been a Pacers fan. Reggie is why I feel in love with the NBA.

What was Lebron supposed to say to season ticket holders at a FAN RALLY?
We might not win any? I mean seriously who cares about that freaking comment.... I sure as hell hope that my franchise player thinks he will win multiple championships otherwise what is the point. Go watch the video it was to get the fans riled up...
Overreacting at it's finest...

BTW I am not a Lebron fan

Jason in LA
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Yeah, my point was that there are two sides to the LeBron argument without much in the middle. And LeBron proves both sides right. Kind of like Tebow.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Yeah, my point was that there are two sides to the LeBron argument without much in the middle. And LeBron proves both sides right. Kind of like Tebow.

I still cant agree with this, its a diff kind of argument because no one thinks LeBron is ****. Maybe Dan Marino is the best comparison.

TonyR
06-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok...I have to respond. I am NOT a Heat fan. I have always been a Pacers fan. Reggie is why I feel in love with the NBA.

We might not win any? I mean seriously who cares about that freaking comment.... I sure as hell hope that my franchise player thinks he will win multiple championships otherwise what is the point. Go watch the video it was to get the fans riled up...

Exactly. It's as if he's the first player (or coach) to join a team and say he's going to win championships. This whole LeBron hate thing is so preposterous. I'm a Nuggets fan for crying out loud but I guess it's a crime to have a rational opinion about the guy.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 03:36 PM
I still cant agree with this, its a diff kind of argument because no one thinks LeBron is ****. Maybe Dan Marino is the best comparison.

Once again, apples and oranges.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 03:37 PM

So, do you think LeBron learned of this invention called the television before or after he made these guarantees?

TonyR
06-13-2012, 03:38 PM

LOL So if he didn't say it you'd love him? And he'd be failing less?

Seriously, do you not see how juvenile your argument is?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Once again, apples and oranges.

Once again, you dont agree, i get it.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Exactly. It's as if he's the first player (or coach) to join a team and say he's going to win championships. This whole LeBron hate thing is so preposterous. I'm a Nuggets fan for crying out loud but I guess it's a crime to have a rational opinion about the guy.

haha same here...im a knicks fan and i feel like i have to double down on him

bombay
06-13-2012, 09:26 PM
LOL So if he didn't say it you'd love him? And he'd be failing less?

Seriously, do you not see how juvenile your argument is?

I'm straight, so no. Didn't have a real problem with the decision, because I don't give a **** about Cleveland. I thought the pep rally was remarkably stupid, even for a guy who's mommy seems to have let him down. Had I been an NBA player, I believe I would have taken offense.

The next big pronouncement, when he lost and seemed so hurt that people didn't love him, and so wished them luck in their pathetic little lives, did it for me. I began to wish him ill. There seem to be a very few clowns who will felate him under any circumstances. Saying he's a great player isn't good enough for them. They are easily identified. I only count two at this point.

I will enjoy his failures as he continues to come up short of his own stated goals. Twist as you may, no one but james set the goals that appear to be his bane. Unlike you, I consider him accountable for his own statements.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm straight, so no. Didn't have a real problem with the decision, because I don't give a **** about Cleveland. I thought the pep rally was remarkably stupid, even for a guy who's mommy seems to have let him down. Had I been an NBA player, I believe I would have taken offense.

The next big pronouncement, when he lost and seemed so hurt that people didn't love him, and so wished them luck in their pathetic little lives, did it for me. I began to wish him ill. There seem to be a very few clowns who will felate him under any circumstances. Saying he's a great player isn't good enough for them. They are easily identified. I only count two at this point.

I will enjoy his failures as he continues to come up short of his own stated goals. Twist as you may, no one but james set the goals that appear to be his bane. Unlike you, I consider him accountable for his own statements.

95 percent of athletes are incredible a-holes that have been pampered most of their lives. its funny which guys people latch on to hate.

Dutch
06-13-2012, 11:37 PM
Figured the best place for this was here. Did anyone else catch the NBA TV special "The Dream Team" about the '92 Olympic basketball team? Fantastic. Way cool to get a chance to hear all of those guys reminisce about the whole thing. Throw in the practice footage, the behind the scenes competitiveness, the rivalries, and the general sense you get that all these guys truly appreciate what a once in a lifetime deal it was. Pretty awesome.

RhymesayersDU
06-14-2012, 04:51 AM
Figured the best place for this was here. Did anyone else catch the NBA TV special "The Dream Team" about the '92 Olympic basketball team? Fantastic. Way cool to get a chance to hear all of those guys reminisce about the whole thing. Throw in the practice footage, the behind the scenes competitiveness, the rivalries, and the general sense you get that all these guys truly appreciate what a once in a lifetime deal it was. Pretty awesome.

I need to get caught up on my NBA TV. The Dream Team doc sounds fantastic, and I only ever saw episode 1 of "The Association" featuring the Nuggs. I'm slacking.

bfoflcommish
06-14-2012, 06:44 AM

It was a great show. Even my wife was glued to the TV watching it with me and my teenage son.

oubronco
06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Thunder Up Baby!!!

TonyR
06-14-2012, 07:33 AM
I will enjoy his failures as he continues to come up short of his own stated goals.

Quite an honorable pursuit. If that's how you want to expend your energy, have at it. The exaggerated level of hate, criticism, and expectation heaped on the guy is nothing short of astounding. Simpletons need their villains, and apparently you've found yours. Congrats!

RhymesayersDU
06-14-2012, 07:38 AM
#Zing

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Don't expect Maven to post in here as they will lose yet again.

Smiling Assassin27
06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
It was a great show. Even my wife was glued to the TV watching it with me and my teenage son.

I gotta concur. Very entertaining and brought back memories of a really incredible run with an unprecedented group of players. Anybody really believe Daly threw the scrimmage v the college kids or did the pro guys just not give 'em respect and found nothing to motivate them?

Kid A
06-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Exactly. It's as if he's the first player (or coach) to join a team and say he's going to win championships. This whole LeBron hate thing is so preposterous.

The reason so many people call back to the infamous "Not 5! Not 6! Not 7!" rally is that it played perfectly to every negative stereotype he'd developed - that he crowns himself before he's achieved anything (branded "King James" before he'd finished high school) and that he wants it to be easy.

Right after the 8 title promise part of that speech, he says practice will be tougher than the actual games. That kind of pomposity right on the heels of PR disaster of The Decision deserves some ill will. Then follow that with a summer of him tweeting about how he's keeping a list of haters, more tone-deaf comments about Cleveland, etc...he really did a lot to earn his perception. Yeah, it's crazy acting like he underachieves while making the finals the first two years (with still a good chance at the title this year), but he also asked for those kind of expectations the day he moved to South Beach with his Team USA buddies.

For me it doesn't mean wanting him to never win a title or pretending he isn't the best player in the league (he is). But I hardly think I'm crazy to not want the guy to win a title in the first few years in Miami.