PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

GSRelyea
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I am in a 12 team money league, with a 6 team playoff and the championship being played on week 16, Two days ago the commish of the league changed the playoffs to 8 teams with the championship being played on week 17. Oh yeah, his team is currently in 8th place and has no shot of getting to 6th. I am currently tied for second and clinched a spot in the playoffs in either format. Would you take the high road and play it out or start dropping all of your players and blow the entire league up? Several people have complained but no change has been made and playoffs start next week.

OBF1
12-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Since it is a money league.... I would assume that they are friends of yours. Get on the commissioners ass about this and do not let him eff your league.

GSRelyea
12-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I have called him, text's ect. he says he is not changing, and now whoever gets in that 7 & 8 spot is going to complain if it goes back. Maybe just doing a fire sale on my team would send a good message. I feel bad for the guy in first place, he has dominated the entire year and to have the championship moved to week 17 and having to play 3 playoff games instead of having a bye sucks big time.

GSRelyea
12-02-2011, 01:54 PM
His message to the league when he made the change was "playoffs are now 8 teams deal with it" Last text I sent was delete my team and send a refund he replied "bahaha no refunds this ain't walmart good luck in the playoffs or whatever stop crying"

That One Guy
12-02-2011, 07:30 PM
His message to the league when he made the change was "playoffs are now 8 teams deal with it" Last text I sent was delete my team and send a refund he replied "bahaha no refunds this ain't walmart good luck in the playoffs or whatever stop crying"

Is kicking him in his dick a valid option?

My serious response: evaluate who you trust with your money better. Someone who would pull that wouldn't be above just declaring the season a wash and pocketing the money, in my opinion. Someone that untrustworthy doesn't just develop overnight.

GSRelyea
12-07-2011, 05:53 AM
So this guy has actually set up a basketball league for 30 bucks, anyone that wants to join the league and not pay is more than welcome:
LEAGUE ID: 68018
PASSWORD: dillo

That One Guy
12-07-2011, 07:07 AM
So this guy has actually set up a basketball league for 30 bucks, anyone that wants to join the league and not pay is more than welcome:
LEAGUE ID: 68018
PASSWORD: dillo

What site? I'll dick over his stuff.

Dagmar
12-07-2011, 08:19 AM

How much did you put in? I'm in the same boat, I'm in a pay league where the owner changed the playoff rules with 3 weeks to go - it's 2 leagues of 6 and the top 3 in both go to the playoffs, changed it because one of the guys in his office kept moaning about it he changed to to the top 6 overall. So I finished 3rd in my league, but in the 7th place overall and suddenly missed the playoffs. Which league we were in determined who we played.

If I was in your situation I'd firesale your players to the other teams as long as you don't have to play him! F him and his cheating ways.

Bronco Boy
12-07-2011, 12:21 PM
What site? I'll dick over his stuff.

It's on yahoo. I joined. Lets **** with this dude.

That One Guy
12-07-2011, 02:37 PM
It's on yahoo. I joined. Lets **** with this dude.

I'm "Your wife's dillo"

I presume his name is dillo. I think we have to play nice until the league launches. Then we can goof around.

eddie mac
12-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm Leggys Armadillos, this should be a laugh.

Bronco Boy
12-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm Flying Poops.

GSRelyea
12-08-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks guys, I am curious to see if anyone from the football league actually joins ofter the crap he pulled. This was his latest "commish note" dear league: i would like to thank you all for playing fantasy football in the lord byron all star league this year. this season we have had our ups an downs but all in all not bad for first season. any questions or comments about this season will be addressed at the beginning of next season. if any one is interested in fantasy basketball please let me know. congratulations to all teams that have made the playoffs.

GSRelyea
12-08-2011, 06:21 AM
How much did you put in? I'm in the same boat, I'm in a pay league where the owner changed the playoff rules with 3 weeks to go - it's 2 leagues of 6 and the top 3 in both go to the playoffs, changed it because one of the guys in his office kept moaning about it he changed to to the top 6 overall. So I finished 3rd in my league, but in the 7th place overall and suddenly missed the playoffs. Which league we were in determined who we played.

If I was in your situation I'd firesale your players to the other teams as long as you don't have to play him! F him and his cheating ways.

I was thinking about the fire sale thing but don't want to screw over the teams that actually deserve the playoff spot and none of them are in the top 4 on waiver priority. It happens to work out that I am playing him in the final week of the season but he has the schedule set up where the only team that could knock him out if he loses is playing the #1 projected points team this week. You can't make this s#^t up!

That One Guy
12-08-2011, 07:54 AM
I was thinking about the fire sale thing but don't want to screw over the teams that actually deserve the playoff spot and none of them are in the top 4 on waiver priority. It happens to work out that I am playing him in the final week of the season but he has the schedule set up where the only team that could knock him out if he loses is playing the #1 projected points team this week. You can't make this s#^t up!

Do you know the people well enough to have the #1 guy tank it for one week?

GSRelyea
12-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Do you know the people well enough to have the #1 guy tank it for one week?

I do but he is the commish's roomate

Bronco Boy
12-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys, I am curious to see if anyone from the football league actually joins ofter the crap he pulled. This was his latest "commish note" dear league: i would like to thank you all for playing fantasy football in the lord byron all star league this year. this season we have had our ups an downs but all in all not bad for first season. any questions or comments about this season will be addressed at the beginning of next season. if any one is interested in fantasy basketball please let me know. congratulations to all teams that have made the playoffs.

I think he kicked me out.

That One Guy
12-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Same. Shucks. It could've been fun.

GSRelyea
12-16-2011, 05:13 AM
He shut down the league

oubronco
12-16-2011, 11:51 AM
I'd kick his ass

Dagmar
12-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Why the hell are you friends with this douche?