PDA

View Full Version : Fox for coach of the year?

jhns
12-02-2011, 12:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7306160/should-broncos-john-fox-coach-year

Is John Fox the coach of the year?

But if the Denver Broncos win the AFC West, or even if they make the playoffs as a wild card, John Fox should be Coach of the Year. In his first season with the Broncos, Fox has rebuilt the defense, switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3, and made a radical midseason shift, benching quarterback Kyle Orton for Tim Tebow and an option-heavy offense. It probably won't work forever -- this is a passing league, after all -- but Tebow is working right now.

Fox doesn't want the credit, but he deserves it.

Even if the intention of switching to Tebow during the bye week, when the Broncos were 1-4, was to let Tebow demonstrate why he is not a legitimate starting quarterback, it doesn't matter. Like the rest of the Broncos, Fox seems to be all-in on Tebow.

Denver is 5-1 with Tebow as the starter. The Broncos have vaulted from tied for 25th in rushing through the first four weeks of the season, averaging 86.8 yards per game, to No. 1 in the league, averaging 159.7 yards per game. In the past seven games, six of which Tebow started, they have averaged 201.4 rushing yards.

Although young, the offensive line has benefited from having all five starters -- Ryan Clady, Zane Beadles, J.D. Walton, Chris Kuper and Orlando Franklin -- play every game. Willis McGahee, one of the Broncos' offseason acquisitions, has gone from a situational rusher to a back with five 100-yard games, second-most in the NFL.

And Tebow has been unstoppable with the ball in his hands and the game on the line. Fox has lived by the newfound philosophy of keeping a game close and letting Tebow win it in the end.

The Broncos have been within three points entering the fourth quarter of the past four games -- and won. Before getting blown out by Detroit, they trailed Miami by 15 points with three minutes left and won in overtime. They beat Oakland by 14, Kansas City by seven, the Jets by four and San Diego by three, again in overtime.

It is working. Fox is making it work.

jhns
12-02-2011, 12:05 PM
There is more about the defense and players in the link. I thought it was a good read.

Inkana7
12-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Good read.

That One Guy
12-02-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't think anyone's in competition with him at this point but it'll depend on how they finish. If it all falls apart, it's the gimmick that everyone thought it'd be and he gets no credit.

I kinda hesitate to give him credit though when I think about how the QB change was almost forced upon him. He definitely shares credit for the D improvements, though.

bronco militia
12-02-2011, 02:02 PM
no offense, but Jim Harbaugh should be COY.......he didn't have a "____ gives us the best chance to win " moment.

lolcopter
12-02-2011, 02:37 PM
no offense, but Jim Harbaugh should be COY.......he didn't have a "____ gives us the best chance to win " moment.

This

The broncos are on a tear right now but SF has been out of this world so far this season with essentially the same team from 2010

Inkana7
12-02-2011, 02:41 PM

I think that's exactly why Fox should get consideration. Let's face it, for the offense that Fox wanted to run at the beginning of the year, Orton was probably a better fit. But once he saw that it just wasn't working, Fox was willing to start Tebow and go to a completely different offense that worked for his QB, and it's working. I think that's kind of what the article was getting at.

edog24
12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
I think it will be Harbaugh. Either way, it's nice to see him get recognition after such a crummy last year.

bendog
12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
John Fox wants Tim to fail. he's the worst coach Elway could have hired, and Elway probably hired him to make Tim fail.

Br0nc0Buster
12-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I think Harbaugh will get it, and deservedly so

But I think Fox deserves a lot of credit for scrapping his offense midseason and implementing one that better fits his qb

I also think he deserves a ton of credit for the rise of the defense, especially the work him and Allen have done in improving the play of our Dline

Overall I like Fox more now then when he was hired, I think he is doing well

Bronx33
12-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Absolutely no

jhns
12-02-2011, 03:37 PM

I agree, and that moment is shown in the teams record. They handled the QB situation, and recievers, like a bunch of McDaniels'. I liked the article for the content more than the overall point of Fox for coach of the year. He has done good with everything other than what I just stated though. I really like the talent they brought in.

Vine
12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't think anyone's in competition with him at this point but it'll depend on how they finish. If it all falls apart, it's the gimmick that everyone thought it'd be and he gets no credit.

I kinda hesitate to give him credit though when I think about how the QB change was almost forced upon him. He definitely shares credit for the D improvements, though.

This I absolutely agree with. That, and the fact that Fox so far has been unwilling to properly maximize Tebow's talents. With Tebow properly coached, gameplans and all, the Broncos would be averaging close to 30 points a game, and Fox would then properly be considered coach of the year.

bendog
12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
yeah, but for all we know, Tebow might really have been < than Pocket Sloth.

SF is a lot better team than D too. Harbaugh gets it, but Fox has gotten more out of a really piss poor team.

vonqkilla
12-02-2011, 04:27 PM
such a dumbass discussion. Tebow mvp, von dpoy... How come mccoy isnt getting this praise....

How about we beat minnesota sorryass vikings first.

Bronx33
12-02-2011, 04:29 PM
such a dumbass discussion. Tebow mvp, von dpoy... How come mccoy isnt getting this praise....

Nobody understand you or your language.

bendog
12-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Well, if we can beat the queens w/o AP .....

That One Guy
12-02-2011, 05:05 PM

Doh... completely forgot about Harbaugh.

Where's our facepalm smiley?

ZONA
12-02-2011, 05:28 PM
McCarthy deserves his votes. It's fabulous what Fox had done here so far and what SF has done is amazing also. But McCarthy is undefeated. Yes he's got great players but still, undefeated is the best you can possibly do. We'll see what happens. That's why they don't vote for coach of the year 3/4's through the season. Same reason you don't give teams wins on paper. You gotta play the games. Let's visit this discussion again end of season.

Play2win
12-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I thought it a hell of a lot of guts to do QB switch when he did. There are a lot of you don't let the fans run the team stories ready to be written. He's done a lot on short notice, especially with the offseason situation (like every other coach).

The teams that have a strong finish this season would probably had a decent start in normal years.

Spider
12-02-2011, 05:34 PM
I thought fox was sabotaging tebow ? .............LMAO you pricks , Hollywood couldnt write a better script .......

Vegas_Bronco
12-02-2011, 05:38 PM
They should just hand us the Lombardi now...all this and santa hasn't even come yet.

That One Guy
12-02-2011, 06:35 PM
McCarthy deserves his votes. It's fabulous what Fox had done here so far and what SF has done is amazing also. But McCarthy is undefeated. Yes he's got great players but still, undefeated is the best you can possibly do. We'll see what happens. That's why they don't vote for coach of the year 3/4's through the season. Same reason you don't give teams wins on paper. You gotta play the games. Let's visit this discussion again end of season.

I almost think the manning situation could affect the hype of the top teams' coaches. When they lost their star, the Colts went to crap. How would GB do without Rodgers? When Brady went down, I think it had the opposite effect.

BroncoMan4ever
12-02-2011, 10:15 PM
idk about Fox and Coach of the year, but Dennis Allen should take home the award for Coordinator of the year.

Kaylore
12-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Jim Rome was floating this idea two weeks ago.

strafen
12-02-2011, 11:27 PM
It depends on who gets the credit for starting Tebow at QB.
When the season seemed to be lost and things looked like another 4-win season, Fox started Tebow to avert disaster.
That's a coaching move, that's doing what you need to do to win games.
Now, this can only have merits if Fox was solely responsible for that decision...

Of course he gets credit for putting together a great defense and a good coaching staff, but our fortunes turned when Tebow started playing...

Shananahan
12-03-2011, 01:08 AM
This is off-topic, but am I the only one that thinks the photo in the article looks photoshopped?

What's going on with that hand holding the gatorade just popping in there, with the shadows and the lighting all off?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1202/nfl_i_fox_tebow_400.jpg

MagicHef
12-03-2011, 02:29 AM
This is off-topic, but am I the only one that thinks the photo in the article looks photoshopped?

What's going on with that hand holding the gatorade just popping in there, with the shadows and the lighting all off?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1202/nfl_i_fox_tebow_400.jpg

You didn't hear? Tebow had an extra hand added to the middle of his forearm to help him throw.

go_broncos
12-03-2011, 06:31 AM
Jim Harbaugh will be the coach of the year.
Fox started Tebow due to pressure from the fans.

Broncbow
12-03-2011, 06:49 AM
I think that's exactly why Fox should get consideration. Let's face it, for the offense that Fox wanted to run at the beginning of the year, Orton was probably a better fit. But once he saw that it just wasn't working, Fox was willing to start Tebow and go to a completely different offense that worked for his QB, and it's working. I think that's kind of what the article was getting at.

Why do you guys insistent that this offense works? This offense sucks.

It doesn't work, it is one of the worst scoring offenses in the league, neither offense worked, not Orton's not Tebows, the reason Fox is winning with this offense is because Tebow. No way in hell Orton carries this pathetic offense week in and week out to victory like Tebow has, despite it sucking so frioggin bad. It's not Fox Time its Tebow Time.

fact that fox let go of his No.1 and No.2 receivers speaks volumes as to why this offense is so ugly. Choosing to go with Orton over tebow and cause this team to be forced to dig itself out of the very hole that decision created is another reason no way in hell Fox deserves it.

I hate Foxes offense, for the simple fact it relegates Tebow to scraps as far as optiaml opportunities in a game to develope his passing game, while givng the lions share of optimal time to the rushing offenses to squander it in medicrity scoring wise.

Fox has betrayed Tebow in regards to developing his passing game in the most optimal conditions possible, considering how he only allowes Tebow to develope his passing game when the conditions are not optimal IE predictably being forced to throw it from behind, not only exposes this betrayal, but the sabotage.

COY? LOL ROFL! Fox ought to be fired.

tsiguy96
12-03-2011, 06:56 AM

thats not true, they started tebow because orton failed.

Broncbow
12-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Explain what Orton has been doing the past 2 seasons, besides putting on a clinic for fail? Fans knew it, Elway and FOX pretending they did not know it while charging on their suck for luck agenda to the point the fan base started revolting, is the reason Orton was ultimately benched, why even Fox claimed that it was the pressure from the fans that caused Orton to fail, so either way it was the fans.

That One Guy
12-03-2011, 08:59 AM

That's crazy talk. Just look at all the comments around the change time that referenced Tebowmania and the fans. Neither Fox nor Elway were happy with the fans forcing their hands.

Kaylore
12-03-2011, 09:36 AM

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z5n7eb.gif

Rohirrim
12-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Why do you guys insistent that this offense works? This offense sucks.

It doesn't work, it is one of the worst scoring offenses in the league, neither offense worked, not Orton's not Tebows, the reason Fox is winning with this offense is because Tebow. No way in hell Orton carries this pathetic offense week in and week out to victory like Tebow has, despite it sucking so frioggin bad. It's not Fox Time its Tebow Time.

fact that fox let go of his No.1 and No.2 receivers speaks volumes as to why this offense is so ugly. Choosing to go with Orton over tebow and cause this team to be forced to dig itself out of the very hole that decision created is another reason no way in hell Fox deserves it.

I hate Foxes offense, for the simple fact it relegates Tebow to scraps as far as optiaml opportunities in a game to develope his passing game, while givng the lions share of optimal time to the rushing offenses to squander it in medicrity scoring wise.

Fox has betrayed Tebow in regards to developing his passing game in the most optimal conditions possible, considering how he only allowes Tebow to develope his passing game when the conditions are not optimal IE predictably being forced to throw it from behind, not only exposes this betrayal, but the sabotage.

COY? LOL ROFL! Fox ought to be fired.

I hope you're far enough out in the swamp that you don't get to interact with others. You're a ****ing lunatic.

errand
12-03-2011, 09:47 AM

I agree the choice right now is Harbaugh...Chan Gailey in Buffalo deserves some consideration as well as Fox does...and even though he's the coach of the hated Raiduhs...Hue deserves some props too.

Having said that I agree that Fox has transformed this team into a running defensively tough team that can contend for the AFCW....and while I'm not sold 100% on Tebow's ability to be a top notch QB, the kid is 5-1 and that's all I ever wanted was for our team to win games, and become relevant again in the NFL.

The big test the final few weeks of this season will be NE, with the Bears being a potential stumbling block....if we can stop them, I feel confident we can win a playoff game or two...maybe even go all the way.

Keep in mind no team has ever won the SB without making the playoffs first and foremost....make the playoffs and ANY team can get hot and go on a 3-4 game winning streak...including the one nobody thinks can win by running the option and playing good defense.

errand
12-03-2011, 10:25 AM
.... but our fortunes turned when Tebow started playing...

...or one could say our fortunes turned when we traded Brandon Lloyd, afterall we're 5-1 since we traded him as well.

...or one could argue that our fortunes turned when Colquitt started becoming the Pro Bowl caliber punter he has the past 6 weeks, 17 of his 20 downed inside the 20 punts have come during this 5-1 run we've had....not to mention 6 of his 8 total downed punts and 15 of the 17 punts opposing teams have been forced to fair catch have come during this 5-1 run...this reduced his number of returned punts by almost 1 per game, and with Devin Hester coming up soon, that's a very good weapon to have.

...or one could argue that our fortunes turned when DJ and doom were back to 100% health during the bye week...since then our D has played lights out for the better part of 6 weeks, averaging TWICE as many sacks per game as they did in the 4.5 games prior to Tebow's ascention to the throne.

They were instrumental in causing the sack, fumble, and subsequent recovery that led to our OT win vs. Dolphins....not to mention they average allowing only 15 points per game in those past 5 wins.

so again, to say it's all coincided with Tebow being our QB isn't accurate....I can argue that Tebow plays better now that these things have happened as well....

[] he's been handed excellent field position thru Defense and Colquitt...

[] he's had to run the ball more than throwing it due to the evil EFX plotting his demise by trading away Lloyd

[] his defense is surrendering almost a TD less per game, and in his 5 wins, they allowed only 15 points per game

[] he's also had the benefit of a defense that has created more turnovers, and doubled their sacks per game average.

[] he's had the benefit of a coaching staff that saw he couldn't throw it as well, and changed the entire offense to suit his strengths as well.

Many many reasons why we've gone 5-1 the past 6 games...Tebow is just one, not the only one

errand
12-03-2011, 10:29 AM
I thought fox was sabotaging tebow ? .............LMAO you pricks , Hollywood couldnt write a better script .......

Oh, the irony of John Fox winning Coach of the Year when he allegedly tried to sabotage the entire Tebow cult by playing the kid....

Mogulseeker
12-03-2011, 10:46 AM

But if the Denver Broncos win the AFC West, or even if they make the playoffs as a wild card, John Fox should be Coach of the Year. In his first season with the Broncos, Fox has rebuilt the defense, switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3, and made a radical midseason shift, benching quarterback Kyle Orton for Tim Tebow and an option-heavy offense. It probably won't work forever -- this is a passing league, after all -- but Tebow is working right now.

Even if the intention of switching to Tebow during the bye week, when the Broncos were 1-4, was to let Tebow demonstrate why he is not a legitimate starting quarterback, it doesn't matter. Like the rest of the Broncos, Fox seems to be all-in on Tebow.

Denver is 5-1 with Tebow as the starter. The Broncos have vaulted from tied for 25th in rushing through the first four weeks of the season, averaging 86.8 yards per game, to No. 1 in the league, averaging 159.7 yards per game. In the past seven games, six of which Tebow started, they have averaged 201.4 rushing yards.

Although young, the offensive line has benefited from having all five starters -- Ryan Clady, Zane Beadles, J.D. Walton, Chris Kuper and Orlando Franklin -- play every game. Willis McGahee, one of the Broncos' offseason acquisitions, has gone from a situational rusher to a back with five 100-yard games, second-most in the NFL.

And Tebow has been unstoppable with the ball in his hands and the game on the line. Fox has lived by the newfound philosophy of keeping a game close and letting Tebow win it in the end.

The Broncos have been within three points entering the fourth quarter of the past four games -- and won. Before getting blown out by Detroit, they trailed Miami by 15 points with three minutes left and won in overtime. They beat Oakland by 14, Kansas City by seven, the Jets by four and San Diego by three, again in overtime.

I've heard plenty arguments against this... if it's a passing league, doesn't it stand to reason that a solid run game would take advantage of weak defenses?

I think offense is like a pendulum between passing and running because both offense and defense are reactionary to on another.

errand
12-03-2011, 10:50 AM
You didn't hear? Tebow had an extra hand added to the middle of his forearm to help him throw.

Well, that explains the lack of turnovers....

go_broncos
12-03-2011, 11:44 AM

Fox and Elway had to start Tebow as they were afraid that the stadium will be empty if Orton starts at QB.
To prove that fans were wrong, Fox still doesn't allow Tebow to throw the ball.

I will be pissed if Fox gets consideration for COY.This is like
congratulating Popps as he was one of the few posters that predicted Mcd's failure.

errand
12-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Fox and Elway had to start Tebow as they were afraid that the stadium will be empty if Orton starts at QB.
To prove that fans were wrong, Fox still doesn't allow Tebow to throw the ball.

I will be pissed if Fox gets consideration for COY.This is like
congratulating Popps as he was one of the few posters that predicted Mcd's failure.

Josh McDaniels probably was doomed to fail...after all he had replaced arguably the greatest Broncos Hc ever in mike shanahan, and Mike's firing didn't sit well with about 60% or more of the fan base.

i think in hindsight the kid was in way over his head with the amount of power/responsibility he was given...but his tenure while underachieving as it was, was not completely a waste as we injected some speed and youth on an otherwise aging team...he drafted the alleged QBoTF in Tebow, and found some decent guys in Decker, Beadles, Walton, and got rid of malcontents like Marshall and Cutler.

ditto for Orton...he too replaced a rather popular Qb in Cutler, and despite being a stand up guy he to didn't win alot of games...not to mention the added pressure of having the most popular player in Denver since elway coming aboard, it's a recipe for failure.

thing is both of them are no longer our problems ...they are elsewhere...time to move upward and onward dude.

That One Guy
12-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Josh McDaniels probably was doomed to fail...after all he had replaced arguably the greatest Broncos Hc ever in mike shanahan, and Mike's firing didn't sit well with about 60% or more of the fan base.

i think in hindsight the kid was in way over his head with the amount of power/responsibility he was given...but his tenure while underachieving as it was, was not completely a waste as we injected some speed and youth on an otherwise aging team...he drafted the alleged QBoTF in Tebow, and found some decent guys in Decker, Beadles, Walton, and got rid of malcontents like Marshall and Cutler.

ditto for Orton...he too replaced a rather popular Qb in Cutler, and despite being a stand up guy he to didn't win alot of games...not to mention the added pressure of having the most popular player in Denver since elway coming aboard, it's a recipe for failure.

thing is both of them are no longer our problems ...they are elsewhere...time to move upward and onward dude.

There's so much wrong with this post...

errand
12-03-2011, 04:42 PM
There's so much wrong with this post...

Yeah cuz you gotta hate McDaniels and orton and suck Tebow's nut sack these days to be considered a true fan huh?

That One Guy
12-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah cuz you gotta hate McDaniels and orton and suck Tebow's nut sack these days to be considered a true fan huh?

Yeah... you have me mistaken for that other guy.

For example: Aside from some NE resentment, McD basically made everyone a believer with his win streak. It was when it all crumbled that the bandwagon imploded. After the run around the field fistpump episode following the NE win, McD was his own man and Shanny was history.

He traded the malcontents after he had a hand in making them malcontents. He gets no credit for that, in hindsight.

He traded a QBOTF for a guy that if the stars align, could become one. No credit, again.

DrFate
12-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah cuz you gotta hate McDaniels and orton ...these days to be considered a true fan huh?

Looks like a fair measure to me...

barryr
12-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Nah, being more happy about the team winning instead of looking for any and all reasons to give anyone but Tebow no credit is a good start.

AlphaSeirra
12-04-2011, 10:13 AM

WHAT? ---- :rofl:

8th Season, Cannon Armed NFL Veteran Orton -- 3 - 10 (.231)
Raw, right out of the box, cold end of season start, Rookie Tebow -- 1 - 2 (.333)
(Is their a 'QB Potential' indicator in there somewhere?) :angel: + :strong:

When Fox was hired, he should have objectively LOOKED at the facts/stats along with McCoy and made a better QB decision.

Elway/Fox then traded away the Broncos 2010 #2 WR J.Gaffney who Tim had worked and developed some pass timing with.

Fox then 'CLAIMED' that he would hold a FAIR QB competition in the preseason to determine the starting QB.

2011 Preseason
Orton PER 104
Tebow PER 108 + running ability

So with that 2010/11 evidence and his 'FAIR' CLAIM to go on, he starts Orton while benching the last 2010 starter.

2011 The Broncos start off 1-4 with Orton.
Fans are in a tizzy and paying for pro-Tebow billboards and chanting in the stadium, and they seem about ready to riot.

First Fox claims that he will not allow the 'fans' to make 'HIS' team decisions, (at least we know who gets the primary blame).
Fox finally (under constant fan pressure) benches Orton.
And them Elway/Fox trades away the ONLY Bronco Pro Bowl player from 2010, #1 WR B.Lloyd.
Now they have traded away Denver's Top 2 2010 WR's, the only ones that Tebow had developed some timing with.
Then Fox finally, in desperation and near to a lynching, finally puts Tebow in for the 2nd half of the 1st SD game.

Tebow almost brings the Broncos back, for another come from behind win.
Tebow's 2nd half play had EARNED him the privilege of starting the @ Miami game, (Fox thinks - lose and that shuts up the annoying fans).
Result, a 'Tebow Time' 18 pt come from behind OT win, even with that inept offense and game plan.

Tebow then suggests and works with McCoy to install a few extra Read/Option plays (that work great) to the offense.

Tebow then goes on a 4-1 win streak.
Tebow is now #1 in the NFL (any position) with a 5.8 ypc rushing average.
The Broncos are now #1 in the NFL in Team rushing with just 6 Tebow starts, even with their 1st Rnd-starting RB injured out yet again.
What the doubters and haters try to ignore is that Tebow is also #2 in the NFL in his Passing TD/Int Ratio
And the Broncos are now in the PLUS column in T-O's, instead of the minus column where they've constantly been.

Presto` -- Fox is now somehow a coaching genius and a CoY candidate? -- WTF ???

* But it's the defense and Fox winning in spite of crappy Tebow, (idiots claim).
Yeah, right, and where was Fox, HIS defense, and HIS 'Best Chance to Win' QB in the 1st 5 games?

Reality imo: Tebow and his newly 'inspired' TEAM-MATES, are now winning games, (I've always said/known that it takes a TEAM to win)
IN SPITE OF Fox and/or Elway's poor 'team' decision making and McCoys inept offense, game plans, and game day play calling.

Hopefully, Tebow and McCoy will continue to develop an offense that the TEAM can operate to win games.
Hopefully, Fox/Elway will draft well and help McCoy get the parts he needs for a really effective new NFL offense.
And hopefully they (Fox/Elway) are getting smarter every day and will now make better 'TEAM' decisions as they grow into their jobs.

We'll see,,,, but Fox is certainly NO CoY or a coaching genius of any kind imoho. 8')

That said, I am still hopeful that they can all (Bowlen/Elway/Fox/McCoy/Players) come together by 2012 and be the
kind of force that I can see in their combined potential. Cause that's what it will take to win in the NFL over the long term imo.

PS

The long time arrogant proprietary Bronco fans, along with the doubter & haters, make a perfect compliment to the media morons,
idiot commentators of the world. They are all of course free to believe in and hold on to any of their shared delusions that makes them happy. !Booya!

That One Guy
12-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Can you make a point without writing a novel? Learn to summarize.

Tl; dr

NYBronco
12-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Minnesota, another reason why Fox should be considered for Coach of the year.

Br0nc0Buster
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Minnesota, another reason why Fox should be considered for Coach of the year.

and why he should consider a new OC

Broncbow
12-04-2011, 07:03 PM
1st half sucked, this is a reflective of Fox, Tebow winning despite the handicapp of Fox? Priceless.

Bacchus
12-04-2011, 07:10 PM
John Fox wants Tim to fail. he's the worst coach Elway could have hired, and Elway probably hired him to make Tim fail.

If Fox wanted Tebow to fail the Broncos would not have won a single game. I think it would be impossible for a team to win if the coaches were trying to lose the game.

If he wanted tebow to fail he would have run the exact same offense orton was failing in. He has done everything to help Tebow succeed. Week by week they have tweeked the offense to suit Tebow's game.

If Denver wins the West he should be coach of the year. Otherwise it is just a great story.

Boomhauer
12-05-2011, 05:20 PM
When the Broncos were searching for a new HC, I listed Fox as the worst among the 4-5 choices because he's an administrator and cheerleader with no effect on the play of the team - or at least no more than Trigger. A team's play under Fox is determined by the players themselves and play calls by the OC and DC - partially explaining how his teams can make the SB one year and win only 2games the next, or start 1-4 and then go 7-1.

OP - Fox for Coach of the Year?
That would be a travesty as Fox has never done enough to even qualify for the term 'Coach'.

Hulamau
12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
There is more about the defense and players in the link. I thought it was a good read.

I recall not long ago when you were leading the banner to run Fox out of town already :-) ... No problem though, there's plenty room on the bandwagon now, even for late jumpers... welcome aboard jhns.

jhns
12-05-2011, 05:33 PM
I recall not long ago when you were leading the banner to run Fox out of town already :-) ... No problem though, there's plenty room on the bandwagon now, even for late jumpers... welcome aboard jhns.

This was only while he was throwing games. I would jump off his bandwagon if he did so again.

I love where the team is going now though.

GoHAM
12-05-2011, 08:22 PM
When the Broncos were searching for a new HC, I listed Fox as the worst among the 4-5 choices because he's an administrator and cheerleader with no effect on the play of the team - or at least no more than Trigger. A team's play under Fox is determined by the players themselves and play calls by the OC and DC - partially explaining how his teams can make the SB one year and win only 2games the next, or start 1-4 and then go 7-1.

OP - Fox for Coach of the Year?
That would be a travesty as Fox has never done enough to even qualify for the term 'Coach'.

So you would prefer a more "hands on" approach to head coaching, like say Josh McDaniels? ???

Kaylore
12-05-2011, 08:37 PM
If Houston continues to win like it has, Kubiak should receive serious consideration as well.

Inkana7
12-05-2011, 08:47 PM
If Houston continues to win like it has, Kubiak should receive serious consideration as well.

Agreed. If they end up with the 1 or 2 seed in the AFC with T.J. Yates at QB, give Kubes 2 awards.

BroncoBen
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM
This

The broncos are on a tear right now but SF has been out of this world so far this season with essentially the same team from 2010

That makes the point why Harbagh doesn't deserve the honor he was left a good team. Shanny left Mcdanials a good team.. a team Mcdanials destroyed.

John Fox is doing this with left overs and one draft.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-05-2011, 10:00 PM

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/26/128695462912259364.jpg

Boomhauer
12-06-2011, 01:55 AM
Ham - "So you would prefer a more "hands on" approach to head coaching, like say Josh McDaniels?"

No, I mean this - from Jan 12, 2011

There are four guys that I'd have no objection to seeing in Denver, though each has their +/-'s. Koetter is the best option, followed by a near-tie between Fewell and Dennison. Last is the seat-warming administrator Fox. Evaluations in order of HC ability............

OC Dirk Koetter: A complete offensive mind that will balance run/pass, including knowing speed/power running and WC/vert passing. An experienced QB coach that will develope and get the most from who's under center. The best player-evaluator of these four which will raise the Broncos from worst-roster to competitive in one offseason. Though an Offense guy, he's had his feet wet with defense when a HC. Three years as OC, preceded by 6 yrs as college HC+OC and 3 yrs as college HC.

DC Perry Fewell: Very good at what he does, wether it be aginst the run, pass, turnovers and gameplanning. Gotten the most out of average players which is very important considering the Broncos' roster. No offensive or HC experience which means we'll need a solid OC and player selection would likely come from the failed mind of Xanders. Five years as a DC, preceded by 8yrs coaching secondary.

OC Rick Dennison: The best teacher of premier running attack in the NFL. When it comes to the complete trenches (OL, RB, TE + DL, LB), he's the best coach available. No experience with QBs or DBs, which would need to be emphasized through coordinators, but would create a very solid foundation for any system to work off of. No HC experience would, again, mean Xanders' personel ineptitude would continue to plague the team. One year as OC, preceded by 1 yr OL, 3 yrs OC, 5yrs OL and 4 yrs with Sp-Ts.

HC John Fox: While he got his start in the NFL in defense and has been an effective HC for Carolina this decade, he's a system manager, not a coach. Would need good coordinators to establish systems and Xanders to assemble a roster. From there, he'd work the day-to-day and gameday oversight, but don't expect him to make players, roster or the team better. Eight yrs HC, preceded by 2 yrs DC, 2 yrs unemployed (consultant), 2 yrs DC and 5 yrs secondary.

Though the topic now is HC, GM Xanders is lead Scout and negotiator, but removing him from the organization is essential to success. He's a proven failure with contracts and, likewise, would easily be replaced as Scout director. Most importantly is to end his say in personel evaluations/selection and leaving it to Elway, the new HC/coordinators and new Scout director.