PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Interview

jhns
12-02-2011, 06:21 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/12/01/lloyd-broncos-needed-quarterback-clarity/10966/

Brandon Lloyd says Broncos needed quarterback clarity with Tebow, Orton

“This is what I was talking about in the summertime when (Kyle) Orton was on the trading block,” Lloyd told the Bay Area reporters. “Hey, trade him now so we can go into the Tebow era. Let’s get it over with and see if he’s got it. Let’s build the offense around him. Let’s do that. But don’t have a starting quarterback and run an offense and the anticipation for Tim to play be so powerful that it just distracts the team. … They did it. They structured the offense around him and they’re having success with it. It’s good for them. Hopefully, they get the desired result and they make a push and get into the playoffs and it’ll work out.”

Lloyd went on to say that he wasn’t surprised the Broncos were winning with Tebow. The Broncos are 5-1 in Tebow’s starts, all after Lloyd was traded.

“Not at all. That’s what I saying back in the summertime. Just gives us something to believe in. All I wanted in the summertime was some clarity,” Lloyd said, per CSNBayArea.com. Make it clear who the quarterback is going to be, and then we can buy into it. It doesn’t matter what the offense is. It doesn’t matter what you do. We’re the best athletes in the world at what we do. It doesn’t matter what we do, as long as we believe in it and we’re all executing it, it’ll work. And that’s the never-ending quest for every team. Just believe in what we’re trying to show you and it’ll work. So, no, I’m not surprised at all.”

55CrushEm
12-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Yeah sure, Brandon.....

GreatBronco16
12-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Well that sure does paint a different picture about him. And what does that say about the front office on trading him now? It was believed because he didn't want to play with Tebow. He kinda just shot that down unless he's just lying about what he has said.

SureShot
12-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Brandon after a few weeks realizes he plays for the dog butt Rams

Kaylore
12-02-2011, 06:29 AM
Has he had the thirty catches we need him to have yet?

KO5K
12-02-2011, 06:30 AM
I still have no idea how he really feels about Tebow.

If you go back to last year his stats with Tebow were actually pretty similar to his with Orton and he also went out to Jacksonville to work out with Tebow in the offseason.

Then on the other hand you just get the feeling he didn't like playing with the guy.

But one thing's for sure, we could use a Brandon Lloyd right now.

KO5K

Yeah.

jhns
Well that sure does paint a different picture about him. And what does that say about the front office on trading him now? It was believed because he didn't want to play with Tebow. He kinda just shot that down unless he's just lying about what he has said.

He requested the trade before we went with Tebow. He was complaining to the media a week and a half before the Tebow switch. He also supported Tebow in the offseason before the Orton trade fell through. I honestly think he was doing what he just claimed. He was trying to support and believe in the starting QB.

People think Lloyd would hate this offense but his numbers were just as good with Tebow last season. He can pull down these deep balls that we throw 5-10 times a game much better than our current guys. He could still have his numbers.

jhns
12-02-2011, 06:32 AM

Yup. It is at the end of the article. I probably should have posted that part, as it is the most important part.

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 06:35 AM
Then on the other hand you just get the feeling he didn't like playing with the guy.

This is the key part right here. Unless I'm missing something, there is literally nothing from his mouth that would back this up, yet everyone believes it. Everyone has this "feeling", but nothing in reality supports it.....again, unless I missed something. People just need a bad guy and, because he was traded, he fit the bill.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 06:41 AM
::)

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 06:44 AM

Well you answered your own question

Steve Prefontaine
12-02-2011, 06:44 AM
Lloyd went on to say that he was begging the staff to install read option plays since last year. He also invented the internet.

Ray Finkle
12-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Let's see, a WR on a turd team is getting his catches and is a FA. The team he left is playing well, smells like Lloyd is trying to jockey for his next job. Let's see how is attitude changes if the Broncos go south, he'll be "I told them they should have kept Orton"....

jhns
12-02-2011, 06:47 AM

What he just said is pretty much exactly how he acted though. Again, he was supporting Tebow until it was clear Orton wasn't getting traded. Then he fully backed Orton.

Jay3
12-02-2011, 06:47 AM
I still have no idea how he really feels about Tebow.

If you go back to last year his stats with Tebow were actually pretty similar to his with Orton and he also went out to Jacksonville to work out with Tebow in the offseason.

If I was Brandon Lloyd, I would want to play in this offense. Typically, an offense like this causes one receiver to be "the man," and scarf up a lot of downfield catches. He's seeing tons of single coverage, he's playing against a defense that stacks the box, and he's got a quarterback that will wing it down the field several times a game.

If I were Lloyd, I would be thinking "I'm the guy that's going to work open, establish a rapport with the QB, and become his security blanked for every big moment."

It's one way Demaryius Thomas seemed so lights out for Georgia Tech. His YPC was off the charts.

And we're seeing now that Decker is becoming that role on this team.

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 06:51 AM
I love it. If he bad mouthed his former team, everyone would be all over him. In reality, he's done nothing but say the right things....both when he was here and after he left....and people are all over him.

He may have been a real dink before he came to Denver. Maybe he was young and immature. Maybe he just grew up. Whatever it was, he was a model citizen in Denver, both on and off the field. Yet folks here just loathe him. Oh well.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 06:55 AM
What he just said is pretty much exactly how he acted though. Again, he was supporting Tebow until it was clear Orton wasn't getting traded. Then he fully backed Orton.

Yeah, no.

A month ago:

Lloyd didn't fit the picture, and -- we're learning -- he didn't buy in to the quarterback switch in the first place. The wide receiver's comments this week suggest that he doubts the Broncos can win with Tebow.

"I don’t know. I think only time will tell with that style of play," Lloyd told ESPN St. Louis, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "I think it's effective last Sunday (in a win over the Dolphins), but I just don’t know how effective that style can be, you know, over the course of long games and playing formidable opponents."

Now:

I've been saying this since summertime!

No Brandon, you haven't, and you're not smart so stop trying to pretend you are.

ColoradoDarin
12-02-2011, 06:56 AM
"If I say anything negative about Tebow, Orton or the Broncos, I'm not going to get paid as much when free agency hits, I need to be seen as a team player and not just out for my catches and my cash. Well, that's what my agent told me." Brandon Lloyd said yesterday during his interview.

Kaylore
12-02-2011, 07:08 AM
I always thought this was more about money. I read quote several weeks ago saying that the front office made it clear early in the season they were both "far apart" on what they were willing to pay him. I honestly don't think Tebow playing had as much to do with it as us not wanting to pay him.

jhns
12-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Yeah, no.

A month ago:

Now:

No Brandon, you haven't, and you're not smart so stop trying to pretend you are.

He has been saying we need to Decide on a QB and get behind him. He also got behind the starter each time that it looked like it changed. It is easy to see your agenda when you take his comments out of context and claim he said something else. Not knowing if the option can last is completely different. Saying he isn't surprised doesn't contradict that. He never said it can't work. He said he doesn't know.

You hate Lloyd. That is fine. You aren't being rational.

KO5K
12-02-2011, 07:11 AM
This is the key part right here. Unless I'm missing something, there is literally nothing from his mouth that would back this up, yet everyone believes it. Everyone has this "feeling", but nothing in reality supports it.....again, unless I missed something. People just need a bad guy and, because he was traded, he fit the bill.

If you go back and watch his catches from last year he would always fall to the ground as soon as he made the catch.

I think he was scared of being hit and he thought a lot of Tebow's throws were putting him in an unsafe position even though that actually wasn't the case. So he often ended up just flopping to the ground when he could've gotten more yards after the catch.

Just things like that made me unsure that he was happy playing for Tebow.

jhns
12-02-2011, 07:13 AM
If you go back and watch his catches from last year he would always fall to the ground as soon as he made the catch.

I think he was scared of being hit and he thought a lot of Tebow's throws were putting him in an unsafe position even though that actually wasn't the case. So he often ended up just flopping to the ground when he could've gotten more yards after the catch.

Just things like that made me unsure that he was happy playing for Tebow.

Do you have examples? I still have those recorded and I don't remember that.

bowtown
12-02-2011, 07:13 AM
I always thought this was more about money. I read quote several weeks ago saying that the front office made it clear early in the season they were both "far apart" on what they were willing to pay him. I honestly don't think Tebow playing had as much to do with it as us not wanting to pay him.

They aren't mutually exclusive. Brandon is in a contract year and is looking for crazy amounts of money--or certainly more than we are willing to pay. So that means he is going to have to look elsewhere after the season, which means he needs his stats padded this season. Making the switch to Tebow, everyone, including Brandon, knew that was going to mean a reduced and different role for the receivers that isn't going to play into Brandon's main objective. So rather than take a chance on having a mopey WR, who is half-assing it on the field and disgruntled off and then have him walk for nothing at the end of the season, they chose to get something for him and eliminate a possible problem now.

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Do you have examples? I still have those recorded and I don't remember that.

I'm going to agree with jhns here. I still have the Houston and SD games recorded and watch them occasionally. I can't think of any obvious examples of this either.

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 07:18 AM
So that means he is going to have to look elsewhere after the season, which means he needs his stats padded this season. Making the switch to Tebow, everyone, including Brandon, knew that was going to mean a reduced and different role for the receivers that isn't going to play into Brandon's main objective.

I couldn't disagree more. In 2010, his numbers stayed pretty much the same and, if anything, went UP with Tebow starting instead of Orton.

bowtown
12-02-2011, 07:19 AM
I couldn't disagree more. In 2010, his numbers stayed pretty much the same and, if anything, went UP with Tebow starting instead of Orton.

You do realize that was under a different offensive scheme right? How many times did you hear McDaniels talk about having a sophisticated running game?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-02-2011, 07:20 AM
He is right. The front office completely mishandled this situation, and he was on the tebow bandwagon this summer. I dont really find fault with anything he said above..and i still wish we had him on the team

Turd_Ferguson
12-02-2011, 07:20 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/09/broncos-wr-brandon-lloyd-defends-qb-kyle-orton/1

"I think it's all B.S.," said Lloyd. "I think everybody is just waiting for an opportunity to move (Orton) out and play anybody other than him."

He doesn't say I just want them to make a definitive choice at QB, he says have patience with pocket sloth and we will win a few games someday. He is a lying douche bag.

Here is what I don't get. This guy sucked in the NFL for YEARS. He was nothing when he came to Denver and then he has 1 really good year, and suddenly he's Jerry Rice and everyone cares what he thinks. Call me when Rod Smith has something to say and I might care.

jhns
12-02-2011, 07:23 AM
You do realize that was under a different offensive scheme right?

Go back and watch it. They just changed some Tebow runs to read options. We are doing pretty much the same game plan of run, run, run, run, throw. We also have thrown a lot of long jump balls that Lloyd would be getting.

Anyways, I will just throw this out there... http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19126114

Are all these trade requests Tim Tebow-related? It was in Orton's case back in July. But the agents for Lloyd and Royal made their intentions known before John Fox benched Orton for Tebow last week.

I jist saw your McDaniels edit. You do know he was gone, right? There is no way you watched those games. We had the run oriented McCoy calling the shots on offense. We ran a LOT more than we had all season.

LRtagger
12-02-2011, 07:25 AM

Arent we 0-4 this year when he played and 6-1 when he didnt? Yea I will take our chances without him.

KO5K
12-02-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm going to agree with jhns here. I still have the Houston and SD games recorded and watch them occasionally. I can't think of any obvious examples of this either.

Go back and watch the houston highlights, there's plenty of examples. I can't be bothered to make gifs of them all but here's an obvious example:

http://s7.postimage.org/qz3fzj7ux/lloyd.gif

jhns
12-02-2011, 07:35 AM
One more, Lloyd saying the same thing earlier in the year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/02/broncos-players-unswayed-by-the-tebow-thing/

“It’s the Tebow Thing,” wideout Brandon Lloyd said. “They’ll put Kyle on the trading block because they don’t want to deal with the Tebow Thing. But it’s not going to end until [Tebow] plays. The faster they get this Tebow Thing over with, one way or the other …”

Lloyd said he would be “pissed” if Orton was dealt, but he’s also thought about life with Tebow. More than anything, it sounds like Broncos players want clarity. Lloyd said he practiced differently this offseason expecting Tebow to be the guy.

“Running routes is easy, especially with a pure drop-back passer like Orton. But with Tim the ball is going to be coming from different spots and different angles. That takes getting used to,” Lloyd told Trotter.

It is obvious that he prefered Orton at this point, but he is saying the same stuff. This was also after it was clear Orton wasn't getting traded, but there was still the competition.

maher_tyler
12-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Sounds like he wishes he would have stayed here now that we're 6-5 and suddenly in the playoff hunt with Tebow at QB. I'm just glad he got 30 catches. Anything else he says or does i could careless, he's not on the team anymore.

Turd_Ferguson
12-02-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm just glad he got 30 catches. Anything else he says or does i could careless, he's not on the team anymore.

Exactly... I would like it if someone asked him, Why did Denver dump your ass for next to nothing after you were coming off a pro bowl season? Oh because you started telling them how to run team, and they knew you were nothing special....thats right

Broncomutt
12-02-2011, 07:45 AM
I miss Lloyd about as much as I miss Lelie.

MacGruder
12-02-2011, 07:49 AM
I said if Lloyd asked for this trade it was the dumbest thing he could have done. He is off in Rams purgatory when HE could be the face of the NFL right now playing with Tebow making circus catches... and people would be saying "imagine if Lloyd had a real QB instead of Tebow"

But Lloyd found a way to overcome his own stupidity.. he still found a way to get the spotlight on him from the "Tebow thing" even on another team..

ScottXray
12-02-2011, 07:55 AM

THIS!.

But it still shows as an error by the FO . Trading away a Pro-bowl #1 receiver for a 6th ( now 5th) round draft pick because you don't want to pay him ( which you wouldn't have to ...just wait for him to leave and get some compensation later) NEXT year was a real BONEHEADED move. I do think it was a suck for luck move by the FO and should not have happened.

Hindsight is 20/20, but the trading of both Gaffney and Lloyd for ONE "magic bean" was a just off the turnip truck move.

Popps
12-02-2011, 07:56 AM
I love it. If he bad mouthed his former team, everyone would be all over him. In reality, he's done nothing but say the right things....both when he was here and after he left....and people are all over him.

He may have been a real dink before he came to Denver. Maybe he was young and immature. Maybe he just grew up. Whatever it was, he was a model citizen in Denver, both on and off the field. Yet folks here just loathe him. Oh well.

People here absolutely love fairy tales. They have no interest in facts. See Hillis, see Tebow's contract conspiracy, see "Orton" killed the trade with Miami, etc.

Even better, once we have confirmation of actual facts... people will generally just keep believing the myth. It's like watching lab rats

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:05 AM
He has been saying we need to Decide on a QB and get behind him. He also got behind the starter each time that it looked like it changed. It is easy to see your agenda when you take his comments out of context and claim he said something else. Not knowing if the option can last is completely different. Saying he isn't surprised doesn't contradict that. He never said it can't work. He said he doesn't know.

You hate Lloyd. That is fine. You aren't being rational.

Nice. The "provide no examples when confronted with quotes showing the opposite and instead blame it on agenda" approach!

Good work!

barryr
12-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Lloyd has ever been on an NFL team that made the playoffs. Not saying it is all because of him, but seems odd when combined with the Broncos winning now and he has been gone during that time.

jhns
12-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Nice. The "provide no examples when confronted with quotes showing the opposite and instead blame it on agenda" approach!

Good work!

I have provided multiple examples through this thread. I even provided one of him saying the exact same thing earlier in the year. Are you really sticking with your post? Him saying he wanted clarity = him saying he doesn't know if the option will work long term = him saying the option won't work? Yeah, real intelligent...

Good work!

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:28 AM
I have provided multiple examples through this thread. I even provided one of him saying the exact same thing earlier in the year. Are you really sticking with your post? Him saying he wanted clarity = him saying he doesn't know if the option will work long term = him saying the option won't work? Yeah, real intelligent...

Good work!

lol

So saying he'd be pissed if Orton was traded and slamming the "Tebow thing" is saying the same thing huh?

ShutDownPoster
12-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Gaffney is the one we should've kept. Go Gators!

jhns
12-02-2011, 08:33 AM
lol

So saying he'd be pissed if Orton was traded and slamming the "Tebow thing" is saying the same thing huh?

After Orton was here to stay, he wanted everyone supporting him. Exactly what he is saying.

I'm sure he was fully against Tebow as he spent all offseason training with the expectation that Tebow was starting. He did this without complaint, or asking for trades. Amazing that he started having problems when the FO divided the fans and locker room, just as he claimed in the article...

You have a real problem with context. He says he just wanted clarity, you refute it with him not knowing if the option could work. I show you an interview from earlier in the year, where he explains he wants clarity, and you stick with your "that isn't what he said before!".

s0phr0syne
12-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Regardless of whether we buy into Lloyd's claim that all he wanted was transparency, I think it's the same thing that we the fans wanted and didn't get.

Our off-season was incomprehensible--none of the decisions added up.

It's good to be winning now, because this franchise would have some serious problems if they weren't. Like Jacksonville style, I think.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:37 AM
After Orton was here to stay, he wanted everyone supporting him. Exactly what he is saying.

I'm sure he was fully against Tebow as he spent all offseason training with the expectation that Tebow was starting. He did this without complaint, or asking for trades. Amazing that he started having problems when the FO divided the fans and locker room, just as he claimed in the article...

You have a real problem with context. He says he just wanted clarity, you refute it with him not knowing if the option could work. I show you an interview from earlier in the year, where he explains he wants clarity, and you stick with your "that isn't what he said before!".

Yup... I'm the one having a problem with context.

1. Says he'd be pissed if we traded Orton

2. Slams the Tebow thing

3. Weird source inside Bronco team calling Tebow the fourth best QB

4. Demands trade when Orton gets benched

5. Weird source inside Bronco team slamming Tebow oddly stops

6. After trade and Broncos win passive aggressively slams that Tebow's style probably can't work

7. Lloyd comes out and says "I was saying all along! Tebow rulez!"

jhns
12-02-2011, 08:39 AM

Yup... I'm the one having a problem with context.

1. Says he'd be pissed if we traded Orton

2. Slams the Tebow thing

3. Weird source inside Bronco team calling Tebow the fourth best QB

4. Demands trade when Orton gets benched

5. Weird source inside Bronco team slamming Tebow oddly stops

6. After trade and Broncos win passive aggressively slams that Tebow's style probably can't work

7. Lloyd comes out and says "I was saying all along! Tebow rulez!"

Hood to see that we have another gaffney poster on the board...

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Hood to see that we have another gaffney poster on the board...

Right. Because that doesn't fit his entire MO over his career.

jhns
12-02-2011, 08:44 AM
Right. Because that doesn't fit his entire MO over his career.

Right, because you are actually showing that you comprehend what you read better than a three year old.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Right, because you are actually showing that you comprehend what you read better than a three year old.

Obviously actual examples and reality won't get through to you.

So why take my word for it when you can just take yours?

Lloyd is a selfish player that doesn't want Tebow because he is friends with Orton and his stats will go down. He doesn't make sense because he is supporting something that doesn't make sense.

Aw look at that. That's you actually saying what you're arguing against in this thread.

jhns
12-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Obviously actual examples and reality won't get through to you.

So why take my word for it when you can just take yours?

Aw look at that. That's you actually saying what you're arguing against in this thread.

No, it isn't. I haven't been debating if he is a douche or not. I have already said it was clear he wanted Orton. You are only proving me right.

I will also guarantee that was before the entire story came out. At first, everyone was trying to claim he wanted out because of Tebow. That is clearly wrong.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:54 AM
No, it isn't. I haven't been debating if he is a douche or not. I have already said it was clear he wanted Orton. You are only proving me right.

Lloyd is a selfish player that doesn't want Tebow because he is friends with Orton and his stats will go down. He doesn't make sense because he is supporting something that doesn't make sense.

OKAY BRO :rofl:

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I will also guarantee that was before the entire story came out. At first, everyone was trying to claim he wanted out because of Tebow. That is clearly wrong.

Wrong again (as usual). That was on Sept 14th long before he intimated that he "wanted out".

jhns
12-02-2011, 08:56 AM

OKAY BRO :rofl:

Sure, when everyone wrongly claimed he wanted out because of Tebow. Sorry that some things change as I learn the facts.

That isn't what we were debating though. The whole context thing again...

jhns
12-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Wrong again (as usual). That was on Sept 14th long before he intimated that he "wanted out".

Then link to it so I can get context. You are such a clown.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Then link to it so I can get context. You are such a clown.

http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

.....theres a tab in the quote (like every quoted to post...) to click that will take you there.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Sure, when everyone wrongly claimed he wanted out because of Tebow. Sorry that some things change as I learn the facts.

That isn't what we were debating though. The whole context thing again...

Right... what we're "debating" is that you claim he had no preference and was supportive of just making a decision at QB and moving forward, when you've previously claimed he hates Tebow and wants Orton to start because he's his friend. As shown.

I get that you're a troll... and a very good one for sure... but you're going to have to try harder to work this angle.

jhns
12-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Right... what we're "debating" is that you claim he had no preference and was supportive of just making a decision at QB and moving forward, when you've previously claimed he hates Tebow and wants Orton to start because he's his friend. As shown.

I get that you're a troll... and a very good one for sure... but you're going to have to try harder to work this angle.

I supported everything I said. I clearly showed hum saying exactly what he claimed earlier in the year. I clearly showed that it wasn't an Orton issue when he wanted out. I showed that he worked all offseason thinking Tebow was the starter.

You claim I am wrong by making up conspirasies and taking his thoughts out of context. You then dispute it with something I said before the situation had played out and I had the facts. You are like a two year old.

Also, I clearly did say he had a preference. That doesn't change the fact that he was willing to play with Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
12-02-2011, 09:04 AM
It is obvious that he prefered Orton at this point, but he is saying the same stuff. This was also after it was clear Orton wasn't getting traded, but there was still the competition.

Don't you mean the "competition"? :)

jhns
12-02-2011, 09:05 AM
http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

.....theres a tab in the quote (like every quoted to post...) to click that will take you there.

Sorry, didn't know that. I have always posted the link with it.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 09:10 AM
I supported everything I said. I clearly showed hum saying exactly what he claimed earlier in the year. I clearly showed that it wasn't an Orton issue when he wanted out. I showed that he worked all offseason thinking Tebow was the starter.

You claim I am wrong by making up conspirasies and taking his thoughts out of context. You then dispute it with something I said before the situation had played out and I had the facts. You are like a two year old.

Right. You've been the model of consistency.

Lloyd was just supporting whoever the starter was, right?

strafen
12-02-2011, 09:10 AM
Those statements by Lloyd are confusing to me.
I too thought he was a big Orton supporter, and when he was traded to St Louis he took some shots at Tebow, now that we're winning and the Rams are sucking he's changing his tune to now saying he's been a Tebow supporter all along.
Kind of like Popps and assHAT's posts. They go with the direction of the wind every time!

Gort
12-02-2011, 09:12 AM
who is Brandon Lloyd?

oh, didn't he play here at one point?

long ago?

for a former QB of ours?

i've already forgotten Brandon Lloyd.

jhns
12-02-2011, 09:14 AM
Right. You've been the model of consistency.

Lloyd was just supporting whoever the starter was, right?

Yeah, opinions can't change as you learn the facts!

"I jjst want the situation resolved one way or the other." is clearly saying he refuses to work with one of them. Him using the entire offseason to pearn how to play with Tebow just shows he refuses to play with Tebow! This statement clearly shows he didn't just want clarity!

Clown.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Yeah, opinions can't change as you learn the facts!

"I jjst want the situation resolved one way or the other." is clearly saying he refuses to work with one of them. Him using the entire offseason to pearn how to play with Tebow just shows he refuses to play with Tebow! This statement clearly shows he didn't just want clarity!

Clown.

...but wait, I thought you said he's been saying and acting like this all along?

This can't be... gasp!... MORE jhns inconsistency?!?!?

jhns
12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
...but wait, I thought you said he's been saying and acting like this all along?

This can't be... gasp!... MORE jhns inconsistency?!?!?

What?

You can't change your opinions as you learn the facts! If you had the facts wrong, stick with them anyways!

/revretardedness

Kaylore
12-02-2011, 09:42 AM
It's weird seeing Jhns and Rev fight.

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 09:48 AM
What?

You can't change your opinions as you learn the facts! If you had the facts wrong, stick with them anyways!

/revretardedness

No, I'm just talking about your inconsistency in this thread, but whatever.

bowtown
12-02-2011, 09:49 AM

I know. It's like seeing a military sniper using only one eye while looking through his scope... or do I mean two eyes? I can never remember. Anyone help me out here?

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 09:51 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QGi66AtWxXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Play2win
12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Would love to have Lloyd and Gaff here right now. I know we value strong, block-first WRs, but both those guys were good (esp Lloyd), and they played really well together.

Right now, in this offense, it seem all our WRs are just glorified TEs. Nothing wrong with that, its the system and the formula right now... and its working.

Play2win
12-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Lloyd was my favorite Bronco to watch play in the last five years, until the emergence of Von Miller, Tebow, and the re-emergence of Champ.

Von is definitely the funnest to watch now.

Play2win
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Its like in the glory year, we had Elway and we had DS49 and Atwater.

Best of both worlds. Great, great QB play, plus plus the dynamic bone-crushing hitmen on defense.

Now, its like real fun QB play, plus the Great, great bone-crusher in Von Miller...

In way, he's a lot like Atwater, just at a different position.

jhns
12-02-2011, 10:24 AM
No, I'm just talking about your inconsistency in this thread, but whatever.

Where? The only "proof" you have is from another thread. When did I say he wasn't ok with Tebow playing?

extralife
12-02-2011, 12:41 PM
ugggh it's Rev again

I'm just waiting for the week where Patrick Peterson talks **** about Tebow so Rev can go hole up in a corner somewhere and leave the rest of us alone

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 12:49 PM
ugggh it's Rev again

I'm just waiting for the week where Patrick Peterson talks **** about Tebow so Rev can go hole up in a corner somewhere and leave the rest of us alone

Still upset about your last massive failure?

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101727&page=4

Glad that you decided to drop in JUST to post this though. Really shows off your quality.

cutthemdown
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Ok it's official Lloyd is a lying SOB!. What a turd trying to not look bad for his non support of THE TEBOW.

Have fun in St Louis where they have a franchise QB they invested in. Problem is he stinks. Oh and Jackson can't stay on top forever.

Popps
12-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Wow, page 3 of this thread was close to being a full-ignore. I can only read like 4 posts.

LOL

That One Guy
12-02-2011, 12:59 PM

Glad that you decided to drop in JUST to post this though. Really shows off your quality.

You either need to find a way to cull your fanboys or start taking some of 'em out into the country and dropping them off. They're multiplying faster than this site can handle.

maher_tyler
12-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Gaffney is the one we should've kept. Go Gators!

Considering we cut the guy we got in return...yea, I'd say we should have kept him!

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 01:05 PM
You either need to find a way to cull your fanboys or start taking some of 'em out into the country and dropping them off. They're multiplying faster than this site can handle.

It's absolutely amazing to me lol

BroncsCheer
12-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Wow, page 3 of this thread was close to being a full-ignore. I can only read like 4 posts.

LOL

Did you at least get to see the geezer brawl vid? That was some good stuff there . . .

extralife
12-02-2011, 01:27 PM

you mean the part where you were unable to discern who I was referring to with the word "infer"? where you demonstrated the reading capabilities of a child (which makes you an average american, I guess)?

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 01:41 PM
you mean the part where you were unable to discern who I was referring to with the word "infer"? where you demonstrated the reading capabilities of a child (which makes you an average american, I guess)?

Nice post. You managed to spin yourself into just ambiguously looking stupid and taking a shot at America too.

This you, baja?

DrFate
12-02-2011, 01:47 PM

^ this ^

Lloyd wanted to be paid on his numbers from last season, not his career numbers. Feel free to evaluate for yourself:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4582/brandon-lloyd

click on 'stats' tab - Dude has a long track record of 'meh'

jhns
12-02-2011, 01:57 PM
So, uh...

http://images.bugaga.ru/posts/2008-05/1211210766_giant-weta-deinacrida-heteracantha.jpg

extralife
12-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Nice post. You managed to spin yourself into just ambiguously looking stupid and taking a shot at America too.

This you, baja?

I just stared at "ambiguously looking stupid" for about five minutes and I still can't even

Bronx33
12-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Why are all brandons crazy?

Vine
12-02-2011, 02:55 PM
When a team has once in a generation all pro talents like Lloyd, you do, as a team, what you can to appease them, and the Broncos did not do that with Lloyd.

Lloyd is turning out to become Elway's biggest ****up.

ColoradoDarin
12-02-2011, 02:57 PM
When a team has once in a generation all pro talents like Lloyd, you do, as a team, what you can to appease them, and the Broncos did not do that with Lloyd.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You must be a 12 year old. At most.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/1242395374_football_duck.gif

Vine
12-02-2011, 03:04 PM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You must be a 12 year old. At most.

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/1242395374_football_duck.gif

broncocalijohn
12-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Omg! I wish we kept Lloyd but I think you give him waaay too much credit. Jery Rice says WTF?

Bronx33
12-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Lloyd didn't want to be here and he is a cancer ( end of story) kick him down the road and we did and now hes on a loser team losing games weekly enjoy cashing your checks brandon ( just not ours).

GreatBronco16
12-02-2011, 03:22 PM

Hey you illiterate monkey boy, there was no question mark at the end of that sentence of mine that you bolded.:kiss:

TheReverend
12-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey you illiterate monkey boy, there was no question mark at the end of that sentence of mine that you bolded.:kiss:

Considering I am both illiterate and a monkey-boy, I have no complaints with this post.

Jay3
12-02-2011, 03:48 PM
^ this ^

Lloyd wanted to be paid on his numbers from last season, not his career numbers. Feel free to evaluate for yourself:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4582/brandon-lloyd

click on 'stats' tab - Dude has a long track record of 'meh'

Right, but the part I don't get is "okay, we'll let you walk to try and make a fresh start somewhere else and make more money."

What happened to "shut your piehole, you're on the roster, and we need you to help us get this turned around so we can make the playoffs."

broncocalijohn
12-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Right, but the part I don't get is "okay, we'll let you walk to try and make a fresh start somewhere else and make more money."

]What happened to "shut your piehole, you're on the roster, and we need you to help us get this turned around so we can make the playoffs."

They are named DeSean Jackson.

extralife
12-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I think you guys are all forgetting that Lloyd was the first guy on the record as supporting Tebow in the offseason, and he spent time working out with him. When Orton was named the starter, he backed Orton. Now, you can interpret this as him being some kind of asshole for Doubting The Tebow, or you can grow a brain and surmise that Lloyd simply has his QB's back, regardless of who his QB is. He never talked ****, and there were no reports of him ever doing anything bad or distracting in his time here. Earlier in his career, Brandon Lloyd was an asshole. He learned. We simply traded him because we gave up on our season and didn't feel like trying to resign him. Now we're winning--whoops. It was a mistake, plain and simple.

McDman
12-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I know. It's like seeing a military sniper using only one eye while looking through his scope... or do I mean two eyes? I can never remember. Anyone help me out here?

Hahahaha, great reference.

db56
12-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Imo, the Lloyd situation had little to do with Tebow and everything to do with money. If the FO would have gave him a big raise he would have been happy playing with Tyler Palko.

I really dont miss Lloyd at all, good finesse reciever but less than average blocker. Gaffney would fit in perfectly about now...

extralife
12-02-2011, 05:19 PM
so you don't miss Lloyd because of his blocking skills. ok. do you know what a receiver gets paid to do? our entire passing game right now is "chuck it deep 8 times a game," and before we implemented this game plan we traded one of the best players in the NFL at catching the deep ball. doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

Blueflame
12-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Lloyd should go back to sucking up to McDaniels and STFU.

db56
12-02-2011, 05:50 PM
so you don't miss Lloyd because of his blocking skills. ok. do you know what a receiver gets paid to do? our entire passing game right now is "chuck it deep 8 times a game," and before we implemented this game plan we traded one of the best players in the NFL at catching the deep ball. doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

You figured out the point I was trying to get across, Good for you!!

I'll take you one step further, Lloyd has excellent agility but average height. most of the deep balls Tebow completes are to Decker a 6'4 wr and someday to Thomas who is a 6'3 receiver. Taller, bigger, more physical wr's that can block work better in the current offense.

the only thing that about the Lloyd trade that didnt make sense to me is the compensation, doesnt make sense to trade any legitimate proven NFL reciever for a 5th round pick...

KipCorrington25
12-02-2011, 06:14 PM
How to run a football team advice from Brandon Lloyd, sort of like cancer telling you how to live healthy.

ColoradoDarin
12-02-2011, 06:58 PM

I'll take you one step further, Lloyd has excellent agility but average height. most of the deep balls Tebow completes are to Decker a 6'4 wr and someday to Thomas who is a 6'3 receiver. Taller, bigger, more physical wr's that can block work better in the current offense.

the only thing that about the Lloyd trade that didnt make sense to me is the compensation, doesnt make sense to trade any legitimate proven NFL reciever for a 5th round pick...

0. Lloyd is in the last year of his contract, unless he extended (and he wanted a big payday to sign) we weren't getting anything other than 3/4 year of trade value for him.

1. The comp pick we *might* get for Lloyd would be 2013, the trade we got one for 2012 - you devalue one round per year is the general rule (aka a 5 this year is worth a 4th in 2013).

2. The Rams are bad, therefore the pick will be a high 5th.

3. Comp picks are always at the end of the round.

4. You can't trade comp picks.

5. We wouldn't be guaranteed a comp pick anyways with the convoluted way they are given out (we sign a mid-round F/A and that wipes out any comp pick we would get for Lloyd).

So in other words, we got value for something that might or might not have been worth about the same in a comp pick. It's certainly nothing to get worked up about.

extralife
12-02-2011, 07:09 PM

did you just try to tell me that Eric Decker is a better downfield threat than Brandon Lloyd? and that Demariyus "wait, he's still on our team?" Thomas will "someday" also be better than Lloyd? that's the argument?

**** lets sign some seven footer because height is all that matters!!!11!!!!

Archer81
12-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Throw in a lobster and we have a new avatar for somebody.

:Broncos:

Archer81
12-02-2011, 08:05 PM

Oh lawd...

:Broncos:

shovelpass#30
12-15-2011, 05:58 AM
Sorry if already posted, but do you think Woodrow is saying that Lloyd was the source of the offseason "Weber is ahead of Tebow" quote??

Lloyd will get his money next year, but again he is playing for himself and not on a winning team. The Broncos are better off that he's gone, plus he was an "inside" source for several negative stories about the Broncos this year.

Does anybody really believe that Adam Weber is a better quarterback than Tebow?

http://www.denverpost.com/woodysmailbag/ci_19548316

vancejohnson82
12-15-2011, 06:02 AM
Sorry if already posted, but do you think Woodrow is saying that Lloyd was the source of the offseason "Weber is ahead of Tebow" quote??

Lloyd will get his money next year, but again he is playing for himself and not on a winning team. The Broncos are better off that he's gone, plus he was an "inside" source for several negative stories about the Broncos this year.

wow....good call

you can definitely read it that way

jhns
12-15-2011, 06:12 AM
Giving up Lloyd was a mistake. He wasn't going to quit on the team in a contract year. This is especially true for an old player like Lloyd, who has had one good season.

That said, we are 7-1 without him. A top receiver is nice to have but obviously isn't needed that much. I like our current guys, they are just really young and raw right now. Lloyd would have been nice to have with all the long throws Tebow attempts.

Kaylore
12-15-2011, 06:21 AM
I'm glad he's off the team. I would like to bring in a veteran receiver who has a good work ethic and a history of being a team player to mentor the young receiving talent.

Ray Finkle
12-15-2011, 06:28 AM
the guy has poisoned the well in every stop and people are shocked by this? I am sure more info would have been leaked when the Broncos won but he didn't get his 5-8 catches. You can bet he ends up in KC with McD next year....

LRtagger
12-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Giving up Lloyd was a mistake. He wasn't going to quit on the team in a contract year. This is especially true for an old player like Lloyd, who has had one good season.

That said, we are 7-1 without him. A top receiver is nice to have but obviously isn't needed that much. I like our current guys, they are just really young and raw right now. Lloyd would have been nice to have with all the long throws Tebow attempts.

I think we are 8-1 without him...dont think he played in the Cincy game.

TheReverend
12-15-2011, 06:43 AM

I didn't think it was ever in question that it was Lloyd considering his entire career worth of undermining teammates for personal gain and how hard he was lobbying the Kyle Orton campaign.