PDA

View Full Version : Barkley and Luck

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
So its beginning to look like the top two QBs in the draft are going to be Barkley and Luck. I really like Barkley. I remember watching him when he was a freshmen at USC and thinking if we didnt already have a franchise QB in Cutler I wish the Broncos could draft him (little did I know!)

Luck is also highly touted. Everyone in the country thinks he is the next big thing (except MileHighMojoe). What are the chances Barkley ends up being the the Peyton Manning to Luck's Ryan Leaf? Personally I think they will both be good, but is it crazy to think Barkley is going to outshine Luck in the NFL?

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Pretty sure neither of them are head cases like Ryan Leaf.

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Pretty sure neither of them are head cases like Ryan Leaf.

Yea thats one of the reasons I think both of them will have success. Luck is going to one of the best academic schools in the nation, and Barkley seems to be Tebowesque in his good character.

Abqbronco
12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
So its beginning to look like the top two QBs in the draft are going to be Barkley and Luck. I really like Barkley. I remember watching him when he was a freshmen at USC and thinking if we didnt already have a franchise QB in Cutler I wish the Broncos could draft him (little did I know!)

Luck is also highly touted. Everyone in the country thinks he is the next big thing (except MileHighMojoe). What are the chances Barkley ends up being the the Peyton Manning to Luck's Ryan Leaf? Personally I think they will both be good, but is it crazy to think Barkley is going to outshine Luck in the NFL?

Really? That seems... unlikely.

SouthStndJunkie
12-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I think both of them have #1 overall pick type talent and attributes.

Hamrob
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I think you could see 4-5 of these guys taken in the first round!

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php

I really think it is the situation that young QB's find themselves in that makes or breaks them. Luck needs a cerebral coach/organization. Barkely could use a motivator like Jim Harbaugh.

I actually think Tannehill his a great prospect.

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Really? That seems... unlikely.

Its true it was him and some other kid that was more of a running threat. Kiper (I'm well aware he is a total douche) was rambling on about him on ESPN that he was going to be the first overall pick in the draft in 4 years. It was right after Sanchez jumped ship... I'm not saying I had some awesome vision that the kid would be a superstar, I just was a fan of the kid. I also liked Jimmy Clausen when he was a freshmen....he was a much bigger let down.

MajorGCG
12-01-2011, 08:38 PM
I think the guy to watch could be Russell Wilson from Wisconsin.

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM
I think they'll both be good. I'm still not convinced that Barkley will come out this year.

Houshyamama
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Barkley ****ing sucks.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Barkley ****ing sucks.

If only all QBs could suck as bad...

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 09:09 PM
I think they'll both be good. I'm still not convinced that Barkley will come out this year.

I would if i were him. If he waits till next year, he will probably be number 1 overall. Considering his family is pretty well off financially he might as well come out now and try to get on a team that isn't the worst team in the league.

Spider
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
man it would be hard to pass on either one of them . But I would ... Keep tebow and draft defense ......

t-diddy
12-01-2011, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if RGIII goes before Barkley...

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
I would if i were him. If he waits till next year, he will probably be number 1 overall. Considering his family is pretty well off financially he might as well come out now and try to get on a team that isn't the worst team in the league.

Yeah, but he could also have a shot at a national championship. The receiver tandem of Woods and Lee could be legendary. There's a lot to stay for.

extralife
12-01-2011, 09:19 PM

RG is going to Shanahan, book it.

Requiem
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
This year is shaping up to be reminiscent of the 2004 draft at quarterback.

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Yeah, but he could also have a shot at a national championship. The receiver tandem of Woods and Lee could be legendary. There's a lot to stay for.

Very true.. Plus being a star quarterback at USC probably has its perks :wiggle:

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM

I would...

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Very true.. Plus being a star quarterback at USC probably has its perks :wiggle:

Barkley spends his weekends at hospitals helping kids, or church.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/11/2009/10/500x_custom_1256397203003_usc-song-girls.jpg

What a waste, huh?

I kid. ;D

Houshyamama
12-01-2011, 09:33 PM
If only all QBs could suck as bad...

He's going to bust, bad.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
He's going to bust, bad.

That's a very different thing than saying he sucks. As a college QB he most certainly does not suck. His pro career is yet to be determined...

Requiem
12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
He's going to bust, bad.

OK, why?

Houshyamama
12-01-2011, 09:43 PM
OK, why?

Oh I don't know. I've watched a lot of PAC10/12 football over the last 10 years and I'm tired of seeing USC QBs get overrated coming into the draft. Perhaps my view is tainted, but I've watched him play quite a bit and his arm, decision making and resolve in the pocket don't scream NFL QB to me. Of course, he could be the next Aaron Rodgers, but I just have a feeling he's going to suck in the NFL.

Houshyamama
12-01-2011, 09:44 PM
That's a very different thing than saying he sucks. As a college QB he most certainly does not suck. His pro career is yet to be determined...

:rofl: You know what I meant.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 09:47 PM
:rofl: You know what I meant.

When you make a present tense statement about a college player sucking I can only assume you mean in the present as a college player. So no I didn't know what you meant. If you had said "Barkley is going to suck in the NFL", that would've been much clearer.

Houshyamama
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
When you make a present tense statement about a college player sucking I can only assume you mean in the present as a college player. So no I didn't know what you meant. If you had said "Barkley is going to suck in the NFL", that would've been much clearer.

It's quite obvious that Barkley doesn't suck as a college player.

SouthStndJunkie
12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
I think the guy to watch could be Russell Wilson from Wisconsin.

Being 5'11 will really hinder his draft stock.

That's what Wilson is listed at....and they usually round up....not down.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
It's quite obvious that Barkley doesn't suck as a college player.

Yes.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Being 5'11 will really hinder his draft stock.

That's what Wilson is listed at....and they usually round up....not down.

Wilson will get Flutied, no doubt about it. I won't be surprised to see him go undrafted.

Play2win
12-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Barkley's last two games ridiculously fun to watch if you like the pro-style passing attack. I can't think of too many college QBs that pulled it off like he did the last two game. I aren't too many pros that have either. Dude's definitely going to be an all pro before the whole thing is over.

t-diddy
12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I would...

I think when they start the combine workouts and interviews, some team is gonna fall in love with the kid. Its gonna be an interesting draft with so many teams looking for quarterbacks and quite a few good prospects to choose from.

Houshyamama
12-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Barkley's last two games ridiculously fun to watch if you like the pro-style passing attack. I can't think of too many college QBs that pulled it off like he did the last two game. I aren't too many pros that have either. Dude's definitely going to be an all pro before the whole thing is over.

I didn't watch his last two games. Early in the season he struggled, and that's what my opinion is based off of.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I think when they start the combine workouts and interviews, some team is gonna fall in love with the kid. Its gonna be an interesting draft with so many teams looking for quarterbacks and quite a few good prospects to choose from.

Oh I don't disagree, but with my expectations that Barkley will go 2nd or 3rd overall, I just don't see RGIII jumping him coming out of a spread offense. He'll probably go top 10, maybe even top 5, but Barkley plays in a pro style offense and does it at an astronomically high level. He's the kind of prospect GMs drool over, and honestly I think he has a better shot of leapfrogging Luck than RGIII has of leapfrogging him.

Play2win
12-01-2011, 10:11 PM
I didn't watch his last two games. Early in the season he struggled, and that's what my opinion is based off of.

Kinda exactly my point, you need to watch the last few games. Especially the last two. I live in Florida, but I made it a point to stay up and watch those games. The last part of the Oregon game and the whole UCLA game, Man, he looked better than half the guys playing in the pros. It was impressive.

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM

Should be very interesting considering some of the teams at the top of the draft have recently taken 1st round QBs... Will teams trade up, will the teams at the top draft a second QB, will QBs drop in the draft... Should be fun to watch.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Kinda exactly my point, you need to watch the last few games. Especially the last two. I live in Florida, but I made it a point to stay up and watch those games. The last part of the Oregon game and the whole UCLA game, Man, he looked better than half the guys playing in the pros. It was impressive.

The key is that he looks like a pro QB playing in a pro offense. While I know the hype machine loves Luck, after these recent games I really think he has a chance to go #1. Luck vs. Barkley really is a matter of personal preference at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of GMs in the NFL ended up liking Barkley more honestly.

Play2win
12-01-2011, 10:19 PM
The key is that he looks like a pro QB playing in a pro offense. While I know the hype machine loves Luck, after these recent games I really think he has a chance to go #1. Luck vs. Barkley really is a matter of personal preference at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if a fair number of GMs in the NFL ended up liking Barkley more honestly.

Absolutely agree.

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Agreed.. I think Barkley's personality is going to win some GMs over.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Should be very interesting considering some of the teams at the top of the draft have recently taken 1st round QBs... Will teams trade up, will the teams at the top draft a second QB, will QBs drop in the draft... Should be fun to watch.

Not much chance of QBs dropping as far as I can tell. Of the teams that would be in the top 10 draft slots if the season ended right now, the Colts, Dolphins, Redskins and Seahawks are all pretty much certain to draft QBs. So that's Luck, Barkley, RGIII, and Landry Jones right there. And beyond that there are another three or four teams in major need of a QB before you reach the 15th pick. If anything, I won't be surprised to see some teams reaching for QBs like they did last draft.