PDA

View Full Version : Probowl: Rally Around the Family

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2011, 05:49 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/notebook-five-broncos-popular-for-pro-bowl/

Five Broncos are among the top five vote-getters at their respective positions in the AFC cornerback Champ Bailey, punter Britton Colquitt, safety Brian Dawkins, linebacker Von Miller and quarterback Tim Tebow

--Take an opportunity to vote up our guys and then let the rest of us know. Post often.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?icampaign=PB_PBHome_CP

In other news, Von Miller is the AFC D player of the month.

BroncoDoug
12-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Even though a lot don't deserve to go, I still voted for all the Broncos. I wish I could double vote for Von though!

Mogulseeker
12-01-2011, 06:10 PM
I only vote once, and I think it's BS that people can vote as many times as they want... maybe I'll vote again if I get bored.

Von and Colquitt better make the Pro Bowl this year.

It's kinda funny Tebow is in the running. Although his stats don't tell the whole story, the guy hasn't hit 1,000 yards passing yet.

randomtask
12-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Voted.

Also, The main reason that I think Tebow is in the running is because the QB's for the AFC this year are really pretty underwhelming as a whole.

strafen
12-01-2011, 06:17 PM
I only vote once, and I think it's BS that people can vote as many times as they want... maybe I'll vote again if I get bored.

It's kinda funny Tebow is in the running. Although his stats don't tell the whole story, the guy hasn't hit 1,000 yards passing yet.

I've told ya'!

strafen
12-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Voted.

Also, The main reason that I think Tebow is in the running is because the QB's for the AFC this year are really pretty underwhelming as a whole.Yeah, to say the least...
You'd figure Brady is a lock, other than that there's no a whole lot of deserving choices this year...

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Britton should be a walk. The next punter behind him should be about a mile away. No question.

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I vote a couple of times, but the fan voting only counts as a 3rd.

chanesaw
12-01-2011, 07:11 PM
1/3

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Tebow in the Pro Bowl is just silly. People really need to reign it in. Guy's been great for us, but he is far from the complete QB you should need to be to be a pro bowler

randomtask
12-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Tebow in the Pro Bowl is just silly. People really need to reign it in. Guy's been great for us, but he is far from the complete QB you should need to be to be a pro bowler

Schaub's on IR, Roethlisberger is a rapist, and Rivers has been terrible so those regular suspects are out.

That leaves Brady (the only lock, in my opinion) and a field of:
Matt Hasselback
Andy Dalton
Tim Tebow
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Joe Flacco

Who do you see making the Pro bowl?

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2011, 07:41 PM
If you believe John Elway seeks to remove Tebow, then help Tebow handcuff Elway. Vote for the Pro Bowl.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Schaub's on IR, Roethlisberger is a rapist, and Rivers has been terrible so those regular suspects are out.

Matt Hasselback
Andy Dalton
Tim Tebow
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Joe Flacco

Wow, I hadn't really looked at it that closely. That's a brutal lineup. Maybe Tebow makes it after all...

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 07:43 PM
If you believe John Elway seeks to remove Tebow, then help Tebow handcuff Elway. Vote for the Pro Bowl.

What if you don't believe that? ;D

Mogulseeker
12-01-2011, 07:44 PM

Matt Hasselback
Andy Dalton
Tim Tebow
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Joe Flacco

Is that seriously the flock? I would prefer Tebow to Hassleback, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick... maybe even Flacco... but I think Tebow needs to surpass 1,000 yards before we even think about crowning him the starter. Two years ago Brady had a 600 yard game agains the Titans, which equals Tebow's passing production for like 5 games.

Broncoman13
12-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Is that seriously the flock? I would prefer Tebow to Hassleback, Sanchez, Fitzpatrick... maybe even Flacco... but I think Tebow needs to surpass 1,000 yards before we even think about crowning him the starter. Two years ago Brady had a 600 yard game agains the Titans, which equals Tebow's passing production for like 5 games.

I think you mean 500 yard game, but yeah I get your point. Didn't Tebow have a 300 yard game last year? His footwork was tighter with McDaniels. I think he can tighten that up and be a lot more consistent.

HILife
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I just went super homer and voted every Broncos in every category, expect Tebow. That guy sucks, why is he even on the team.

~Best chance to win.

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Hmmm. I don't see Orton on there. ;D

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 08:33 PM
I think you mean 500 yard game, but yeah I get your point. Didn't Tebow have a 300 yard game last year? His footwork was tighter with McDaniels. I think he can tighten that up and be a lot more consistent.

He threw as well in the San Diego game as he's thrown in his career so far. A 300 yard game requires more attempts than 18 though. I don't see him topping 200 any time soon, no matter how well he passes, as long as we keep him at or below 20 attempts per game.

Dukes
12-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Kuper and Decker are deserving as well

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 08:41 PM

Decker's TD totals are nice, but I doubt an obscure receiver that will almost certainly fall short of 1000 yards has much of a chance.

Vegas_Bronco
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I was looking for tebow under fullbacks and couldn't find...anyone have the extension for helpdesk?

orange crusher
12-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Britton should be a walk. The next punter behind him should be about a mile away. No question.

He probably won't get the credit he deserves because of the altlitude factor.

Agamemnon
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
He probably won't get the credit he deserves because of the altlitude factor.

Which has nothing to do with how he pins opponents inside the 10 constantly.

strafen
12-01-2011, 10:14 PM

Matt Hasselback
Andy Dalton
Tim Tebow
Mark Sanchez
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Joe Flacco

Who do you see making the Pro bowl?Thank you!
That was exactly my point.
People want to give opinions off their top of their heads without carefully analyzing what the facts are...

orange crusher
12-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Which has nothing to do with how he pins opponents inside the 10 constantly.

I agree completely, I just think that some will be swayed by the altitude factor.

Stagger Lee
12-02-2011, 04:40 AM

As much as I despise anything Raiders, Lechler is having another great year.

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2011, 04:57 AM
What if you don't believe that? ;D

Vote for him anyway.:)

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2011, 04:58 AM

Yes. Absolutely

strafen
12-02-2011, 05:56 AM
I agree completely, I just think that some will be swayed by the altitude factor.Colquitt has been booming it since college. Read his pre-draft reports.
The altitude may have helped him more perhaps, but the guy's got a leg, no question about it...

jhns
12-02-2011, 06:04 AM

Why would you need to be a complete QB? You just have to have one of the best seasons. Not many QBs can say they make a 4-14 team a 6-3 team. That is close to Manning type impact. Then again, it probably just shows how terrible Orton was. Still impressive for a guy that everyone says can't play QB. He also is one of the most clutch players I have ever seen.

Also, none of pur guys will be in the pro bowl. You don't get to play in the pro bowl after making the SB.

jhns
12-02-2011, 06:05 AM
Colquitt has been booming it since college. Read his pre-draft reports.
The altitude may have helped him more perhaps, but the guy's got a leg, no question about it...

Colquitt has been killing it the last two months and we have been on the road for the larhe majority of those games.

BabyTO
12-02-2011, 06:15 AM
he's winning and he's producing, he doesn't make mistakes. what the hell do you want more. just because in your head a pro bowl QB is supposed to be a classic dropback guy who can't run doesn't mean thats the standard now for every QB

Garcia Bronco
12-02-2011, 07:23 AM
he's winning and he's producing, he doesn't make mistakes. what the hell do you want more. just because in your head a pro bowl QB is supposed to be a classic dropback guy who can't run doesn't mean thats the standard now for every QB

Actually Tebow is more of a thorwback. What he's doing ain't new.

orange crusher
12-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Colquitt has been killing it the last two months and we have been on the road for the larhe majority of those games.

I'm not disputing that he deserves it, but he won't get voted in IMO.

TheChamp24
12-02-2011, 07:55 AM
Voted.

Also, The main reason that I think Tebow is in the running is because the QB's for the AFC this year are really pretty underwhelming as a whole.

Matt Moore is the 4th leading AFC passer in QB rating. Yeah...
Brady's a lock, Schaub's hurt and then Roethlisberger.

Chris
12-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Voted for the obvious + Colquitt and Bruton.

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 09:52 AM

Hard to make a mistake handing the ball off. Plus he doesn't produce. He's good for about 5 minutes a game, while the defense is good for 60 minutes. 60 to 5 and he gets all the credit. No one says a QB has to be a "drop back passer". But he should be able to throw a football.

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 09:55 AM
IMO regardless how underwhelming the rest of the QBs in the AFC are, they all have produced at a higher level than Tebow.

Kaylore
12-02-2011, 09:59 AM

This.

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 10:02 AM
IMO regardless how underwhelming the rest of the QBs in the AFC are, they all have produced at a higher level than Tebow.

All? Please.

Flex Gunmetal
12-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Kuper, Willis and Decker should receive your votes.

TheChamp24
12-02-2011, 10:04 AM

http://seoblog.yougomedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/oreally.jpg

Blaine Gabbert
Curtis Painter
Kyle Orton
Matt Cassell

Just to name a few...

ScottXray
12-02-2011, 10:25 AM

All? More yards, more turnovers, more losses maybe, for a lot of the others.
Point is that they have not helped their teams WIN which is the ultimate stat.

I agree that compared to all the QBs in the field he is not PB worthy...but
he is about the 4th or 5th best ACTIVE QB in the AFC right now in terms of
who puts their team in the best position to win.
Since at least 1 will be in the SB, and probably one other will not be able to play I can see Tebow as one of the 3 AFC PB QBs.

alkemical
12-02-2011, 10:29 AM
pocket full of shells!

broncocalijohn
12-02-2011, 10:53 AM

1) Voting twice sucks but that ballot takes forever to do it. I will not be voting again. Give me the ballot for baseball. Really easy but at least th NFL gives some stats when voting.
2) Von will but Colquitt has an uphill battle with Lechter of the Raiders. Colquitt does drop the ball inside the 10 pretty nicely. He is the Ray Guy of the decade. Those two should be battling for the punting duties.
3) Tebow is in the running but with fan vote just 1/3 of the total vote, but do you really think the defensive guys will vote for him knowing that their brotheren will have to go around and chase him all over Hawaii? Do you think the WRs will vote for him knowing they won't get many throws? Tebow will try at 100% while everyone else goes 75%. Tebow has not hit 1000 yards and might not by the time the season ends!

iforgotmypassword
12-02-2011, 11:06 AM
I voted for dor Denver across the board... a couple times... except for kick returner, thats gotta be Marc Mariani. He a beast, right behind Hester and Peterson.

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 11:44 AM
http://seoblog.yougomedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/oreally.jpg

Blaine Gabbert
Curtis Painter
Kyle Orton
Matt Cassell

Just to name a few...

I'll just take one of those to make my point. Lets use Orton. That way, its the same team taking any variables out of the equasion.

Ortons offense - 21 points per game average.
Ortons defense - 29 points per game average.

Tebows offense - 19 points a game average.
Tebows defense - 20 points per game average.

Tebow throws less times for less yards than anyone else in the NFL. The one game he threw the ball over 30 times was against Detroit. It was 39 times. He completed 18 of them for 46 percent which is above his average. 172 yards for a 4.4 yards per completion average which is the best yardage total in his carreer. His average yards per game is 129 yards per game. When he did throw the ball he threw one pick and had three fumbles in that game, for a total of 10 points in a loss. It was the Detroit game.

Even Curtis Painters numbers are better than most of Tebows.

That said I do believe in the power of comraderie(sp?). Tebow has that in spades. I also believe it trickles over to the defense. But I dont believe the reason for the turn around on defense is Tebows. I think it belongs to Von Miller. In fact, I think if you had just about any other QB in the league, with that defense fo the last 3 weeks, you would win the West in a landslide and be a legit contender.

Im not trying to be tough on your boy. I just struggle with the concept that a guy that your own front office is scared to have in the game is given all the credit for doing less thatn any other QB in the NFL. Anybody can hand the ball off 50 times a game. Tebows production has slowly declined as the season has gon on. He hasnt had 10 completions in 3 games. All of his stats are dropping while his legend grows.

Tebow in the probowl is just crazy. The worst thing that could happen to the Broncos is to keep winning games. Anything that will keep Tebow behind center is going to bite you guys in the ass. Be careful what you wish for.

Peace

jhns
12-02-2011, 11:46 AM
LOL at people taking the rival fan troll seriously. Tebow has outplayed all of their QBs. He has beaten all of them. Of course they hate him.

broncocalijohn
12-02-2011, 11:48 AM
LOL at people taking the rival fan troll seriously. Tebow has outplayed all of their QBs. He has beaten all of them. Of course they hate him.

So giving him neg rep wasnt a good idea? I did it purely on him being completely retarded or dishonest. Now that I see he tried to explain himself, I will put him down as retarded.

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 11:53 AM
All? More yards, more turnovers, more losses maybe, for a lot of the others.
Point is that they have not helped their teams WIN which is the ultimate stat.

I agree that compared to all the QBs in the field he is not PB worthy...but
he is about the 4th or 5th best ACTIVE QB in the AFC right now in terms of
who puts their team in the best position to win.
Since at least 1 will be in the SB, and probably one other will not be able to play I can see Tebow as one of the 3 AFC PB QBs.

See thats where we disagree. I think the defense put him in a position to win a game. How can you say its Tebow when he's only good for about 5 minutes a game, but your D playes for 60 minutes? Thats an insult to the defense. Not to mention, destroys your credibility for knowing anything about football.

Yes, wins in the #1 stat. Your defense is responsible for winning. Maybe you should put Miller in the Probowl and learn a little more about what you are looking at when watching a football game.

Unless you can explainn exactly what Tebow is doing to win the game.

BabyTO
12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Hard to make a mistake handing the ball off. Plus he doesn't produce. He's good for about 5 minutes a game, while the defense is good for 60 minutes. 60 to 5 and he gets all the credit. No one says a QB has to be a "drop back passer". But he should be able to throw a football.
you're obviously retarded so i'll take it easy on you

143 passing attempts, 1 INT. show me ONE QB who throws less picks per attempt. not even aaron rodgers can match that number. on top of that he's got 80 carries with ZERO lost fumbles. i think we lost one when he took a sack but not when he was scrambling. so again you fail.

he doesn't produce? 11 touchdowns in 6 starts, you call that not producing? he's among the best fantasy QB's in the entire league because of how productive he is (passing yds, no picks, passing TDs, rushing yards, no rushing fumbles, rushing TD's). you're just plain stupid, especially since you're saying he can't throw and now go back to what i wrote about the INT per passing attempt number. he's only good for 5 minutes? how come other QB's can't do that if its so easy and put the team on their back and win games?

what you're saying makes no sense at all, in any way shape or form. you make raiders fans look smart

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Troll huh? Okay. Ill say nothing more on the subject. I thought I was making legit points (none of which are being debated). I was giving your defense credit. A complement. I didnt have to do that. I could have just slammed Tebow and watch you guys scramble to defend him.

I was talking staight football. I'd still like to hear how he wins. I thought I was totally cool about the whole thing.

My final thought on the whole thing, I hope the guy QBs the Broncos for the next few years. Elway will put a stop to it though. Which will be to the benefit of the Broncos and the fans. But many of the fans will bitch over it because they think Tebow is magically winning games. Amazing really.

Have a great day and good luck the rest of the way.

Stagger Lee
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
See thats where we disagree. I think the defense put him in a position to win a game. How can you say its Tebow when he's only good for about 5 minutes a game, but your D playes for 60 minutes? Thats an insult to the defense. Not to mention, destroys your credibility for knowing anything about football.

Yes, wins in the #1 stat. Your defense is responsible for winning. Maybe you should put Miller in the Probowl and learn a little more about what you are looking at when watching a football game.

Unless you can explainn exactly what Tebow is doing to win the game.

I'm pretty sure that the 95 yard drive against the Jets helped us win that game. I'm also fairly certain Tebow was the qb of aforementioned game winning drive.

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
you're obviously retarded so i'll take it easy on you

143 passing attempts, 1 INT. show me ONE QB who throws less picks per attempt. not even aaron rodgers can match that number. on top of that he's got 80 carries with ZERO lost fumbles. i think we lost one when he took a sack but not when he was scrambling. so again you fail.

he doesn't produce? 11 touchdowns in 6 starts, you call that not producing? he's among the best fantasy QB's in the entire league because of how productive he is (passing yds, no picks, passing TDs, rushing yards, no rushing fumbles, rushing TD's). you're just plain stupid, especially since you're saying he can't throw and now go back to what i wrote about the INT per passing attempt number. he's only good for 5 minutes? how come other QB's can't do that if its so easy and put the team on their back and win games?

what you're saying makes no sense at all, in any way shape or form. you make raiders fans look smart

Thanks. You're too smart for me.

Kaylore
12-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Do we really want to make the case Tebow should be in the pro bowl because the other QB's suck?

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Colquitt should be a pro bowl punter qb running back . and he will show the world the most epic play ever
THE ALMIGHTY UNSTOPPABLE PUNT PASS

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that the 95 yard drive against the Jets helped us win that game. I'm also fairly certain Tebow was the qb of aforementioned game winning drive.

Wasn't ther a pick 6 by your defense in that game? Im not sure. If not, then you're right. Holding the Jets to 13 might have helped though.

Stagger Lee
12-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Wasn't ther a pick 6 by your defense in that game? Im not sure. If not, then you're right. Holding the Jets to 13 might have helped though.

True, but without the drive, the pick 6 is useless. Just like without the pick 6, the drive is useless. It's a chicken or the egg argument.

crazyhorse
12-02-2011, 12:21 PM
True, but without the drive, the pick 6 is useless. Just like without the pick 6, the drive is useless. It's a chicken or the egg argument.

Denver offense 10
Jets offense 13

Denver defense 7.

Not really a chicken or egg arguement. Since the offense is supposed to put up enough points to win. Not only did the defense help by holding them to 13 in the 1st place, but put enough points on the scoreboard bail out the offense.

I would say defense definately won that game.

campocorto
12-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Shane Lechler is still pretty damn good. Did you see him boot the ball over Devin Hester's head for 80 yards on Sunday?

I think Britton is the best second best punter in the league right now, but unfortunately he plays in the same conference with Lechler:(

It's hard to even argue Britton over Lechler because the latter is considered by many to be the best punter of all-time.

I still am stuffing the ballot for Colquitt and hope he finds his way to Honolulu.

Stagger Lee
12-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Denver offense 10
Jets offense 13

Denver defense 7.

Not really a chicken or egg arguement. Since the offense is supposed to put up enough points to win. Not only did the defense help by holding them to 13 in the 1st place, but put enough points on the scoreboard bail out the offense.

I would say defense definately won that game.

The offense needed 7 late in the 4th quarter, and they got it. Look, I'm no Tebow worshiper, but to totally discount what he has done over the past month and a half with what was a 1-4 team is ludicrous.

campocorto
12-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I would like to see more love for our offensive linemen in the Pro Bowl balloting.

broncocalijohn
12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Troll huh? Okay. Ill say nothing more on the subject. I thought I was making legit points (none of which are being debated). I was giving your defense credit. A complement. I didnt have to do that. I could have just slammed Tebow and watch you guys scramble to defend him.

I was talking staight football. I'd still like to hear how he wins. I thought I was totally cool about the whole thing.

My final thought on the whole thing, I hope the guy QBs the Broncos for the next few years. Elway will put a stop to it though. Which will be to the benefit of the Broncos and the fans. But many of the fans will b**** over it because they think Tebow is magically winning games. Amazing really.

Have a great day and good luck the rest of the way.

That wasn't your original argument. There are qbs on that list that have not been deserving of the pro bowl over Tebow. Painter for example should not be in the discussion yet you thought he is producing better than Tebow.

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Troll huh? Okay. Ill say nothing more on the subject..........blah blah blah...........My final thought on the whole thing...............blah blah blah,

And yet you have three more posts already in a matter of minutes....

Shotgun Willie
12-02-2011, 12:37 PM
How can you say its Tebow when he's only good for about 5 minutes a game

Back to the pro bowl argument: at least he has 5 good minutes a game. Some of the other QBs in the AFC don't even have that.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
damn soo many players that should be automatic starters in the pro bowl on the broncos the o line d line, colquitte send em all to the pro bowl

bendog
12-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Voted.

Aside from Brady, I agree. Still, I'm not so blind a homer that I could vote for Tebow over Rapesburger or CrymeaRiver

jhns
12-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Aside from Brady, I agree. Still, I'm not so blind a homer that I could vote for Tebow over Rapesburger or CrymeaRiver

You think Rivers is playing better?

LOL

The stupidity never ends.

BabyTO
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
calling you a homer would be an upgrade over what you are: a retard Hilarious!

ScottXray
12-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Do we really want to make the case Tebow should be in the pro bowl because the other QB's suck?

That's not the point. The point is that he is doing better ( in W/L) than a lot of other "conventional" QBs are, in that he is managing the game. No he is not lights out throwing the ball, but he is not making the mistakes that these other QBs are, so in that respect he is outplaying them.

But he still is, at best, the 7th or 8th, QB so I don't think he will make the PB due to team votes. But with the injuries I could see him there, especially if we go on to win the division or make the playoffs.

Now, that , would be a real conunudrum.....Tebow gets voted to the pro-bowl, but he takes us deep in the playoffs and decides he can't go.

Garcia Bronco
12-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Don't you have something to do on the Pro Bowl thing? :D