PDA

View Full Version : Vikings to release McNabb

bronco militia
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that McNabb will be released today.

The move will spark another game of waiver-wire bluff, in which any interested team much submit a claim for the balance of his one-year contract. The team with the highest priority will acquire his services.

The Texans should make a claim, notwithstanding the recent decision to sign Jake Delhomme. The Bears, who were blocked last week from getting Kyle Orton, also should make a claim.

Given Chicagoís lost last weekend to the Raiders, the Bears will have dibs over the Texans.

Another possibility is the Cowboys, given that Dallas also made a claim for Kyle Orton.

Regardless, itíll make for an interesting 24 hours, especially while we wait for the Colts to cobble together an excuse for not making a claim for McNabb.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/01/report-vikings-to-release-mcnabb/

bowtown
12-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Tebow effect.

bronco militia
12-01-2011, 12:32 PM
little known!

bendog
12-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Regardless, itíll make for an interesting 24 hours, especially while we wait for the Colts to cobble together an excuse for not making a claim for McNabb.]

There should be a penalty for not trying to win.

Pony Boy
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Houston....... we have solved your problem

bronco militia
12-01-2011, 12:39 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSE0tJxe2QssbfX42XC3-ZzShCLSMsl4XvVqKu43R0Rsv_Wfd4ZvRUp8p2D

strafen
12-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Houston....... we have solved your problemWho's Houston third stringer at QB?
Could it be possible that their third QB be worse than Jake Delhomme?
And now possibly McNabb?
Good grief!

Tombstone RJ
12-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Gonna love watching the dead silence from Indy. Polian should be kicked out of the NFL for the fleece job he's pulling on the fans and on the league.

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Gonna love watching the dead silence from Indy. Polian should be kicked out of the NFL for the fleece job he's pulling on the fans and on the league.

Yep. When he found out Payaton wasn't playing this year, he just decided he would do what it takes to get Luck. I really hope Luck pulls an "Eli" on his ass. ;D

BroncoBen
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Given Chicagoís lost last weekend to the Raiders, the Bears will have dibs over the Texans.

Another possibility is the Cowboys, given that Dallas also made a claim for Kyle Orton.

Yeah, the talk on the Radio is that if McNabb gets his wish it would be the Bears since he is from Chicago, but Dallas which gives him the best chance for a SuperBowl ring.

The Texans would have talked to Shannahan and got the skinny on McNabb.

bronco militia
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah, the talk on the Radio is that if McNabb gets his wish it would be the Bears since he is from Chicago, but Dallas which gives him the best chance for a SuperBowl ring.

The Texans would have talked to Shannahan and got the skinny on McNabb.

it depends..... did shanny fix Plummer, or was it Kubiak?

;D

OBF1
12-01-2011, 01:07 PM
McNabb is done, I would not waste a waiver on his remaining salary. Donovan, thanks for the memories.

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Houston....... we have solved your problem

Did Houston have a cold spot on the bench they needed warmed up?

Broncoman13
12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Not sure who has the priority Dallas or Bears but those are my guesses. I think Dallas is doing it to keep the Bears from being able to compete for a wildcard... But it looks like the Cowboys will win the East.

Turd_Ferguson
12-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Who's Houston third stringer at QB?
Could it be possible that their third QB be worse than Jake Delhomme?
And now possibly McNabb?
Good grief!

Rookie TJ Yates

bowtown
12-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Not sure who has the priority Dallas or Bears but those are my guesses. I think Dallas is doing it to keep the Bears from being able to compete for a wildcard... But it looks like the Cowboys will win the East.

East is still up for grabs.

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 01:40 PM
It's sad when it takes the entire league to tell a player to retire. I'm afraid that's what's going to happen here.

Smiling Assassin27
12-01-2011, 01:47 PM
McNabb is done, I would not waste a waiver on his remaining salary. Donovan, thanks for the memories.

This.

ludo21
12-01-2011, 02:00 PM
id take orlovsky over mcnabb too. I dont blame the Colts.

At this point in the season, he is not going to help more than the guys who have been there

Lolad
12-01-2011, 02:06 PM

Seems like it was pretty rapid, but he was good while he played. Took the eagles to the NFC championship game a couple of times SB once

ColoradoDarin
12-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Why would anyone claim him? I'm sure most GM's have seen his play at DC and Minny the last 2 years. I could see the Colts claim him though, he's a much worse QB than anyone they have right now....

BroncoBeavis
12-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Question is... is a peek at the Vikings playbook worth $1.5 million :)

Garcia Bronco
12-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Seems like it was pretty rapid, but he was good while he played. Took the eagles to the NFC championship game a couple of times SB once

That was 6 years ago, maybe 7. 4 NFC Championship games in-a-row in the weakest NFC I ever saw.

Killericon
12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I hope he ends up in Chicago.

chadta
12-01-2011, 02:58 PM
There should be a penalty for not trying to win.

its the pittsburg penguins effect, the penalty is the draft lottery

broncosteven
12-01-2011, 02:59 PM

I think this is a case where an NFL franchise is actually trying to suck to draft a player.

It is the entire staffs (coaches and FO) fault that they had not bothered to prepare a backup for Manning.

This is why you can't have the idiots running the asylum.

Glad it is there problem and not ours.

I also hope they get Luck and he is the biggest bust ever.