PDA

View Full Version : Next Coach to Get the Axe?

Rohirrim
11-30-2011, 10:08 AM
We're getting into coach firing territory now. Fans are restless. Owners getting harassed. Players disgruntled. Who's the next to get the axe?

bronco militia
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Norv Turner

caldwell

sporano

Rohirrim
11-30-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm going with Norv. Spanos will probably toss in AJ Smith as well. That Broncos' beating was the last straw. ;D

BroncsCheer
11-30-2011, 10:24 AM
Reid

Turner has excuses, and they don't gain anything from firing him.
Coughlin still has hope
Sparano has the fish playing pretty well
Spags is faltering, but will outlast Reid
Caldwell should have been fired, but losing Pumpkinhead, and the firing of Coyer tell me he gets a pass

razorwire77
11-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I think Cardwell, Spagnuolo, Sparano and Norv all get **** canned at the end of season. Reid and Coughlin stay around.

TonyR
11-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Reid...

Probably the most deserving, but it probably won't happen until after the season if it happens at all.

jmz313
11-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Andy Reid is def most deserving.

I say, Norv (but not AJ), and Caldwell go at seasons end... Sparano might make it if they continue playing well. Reid will stay, remarkably.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Norv is gone. AJ too, probably.

Caldwell is gone.

Reid is likely gone, though we've buried him several times now.

Spags will get another year, I think.

Sparano... he deserves a better organization than the Dolphins, honestly, and I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Crushaholic
11-30-2011, 10:51 AM
To be fair to Reid, it was the media that hyped Philly to be the "dream team". I still wouldn't be shocked if he's shown the door, though...

Kaylore
11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Norv Turner

caldwell

sporano

In this order even!

Mogulseeker
11-30-2011, 11:14 AM
I heard Spags is on the chopping block.

TonyR
11-30-2011, 11:14 AM
To be fair to Reid, it was the media that hyped Philly to be the "dream team".

Agree, but they have way too much talent to not be considerably better. And they've made some really horrendously stupid decisions. It's notable that one of their bad decisions is the Broncos gain: they hired their D-line coach Jim Washburn before hiring a D-coordinator. So the candidates they brought in, including Dennis Allen, didn't want to work in a situation where they were forced to use Washburn's wide 9 alignment. They couldn't find a taker so they made their O-line coach their D coordinator, to disasterous results. And then they run a system that demands stong linebacker play and that's their weakest position which they ignored in FA. They drafted Casey Matthews and stuck him in as starter and he couldn't play for sh*t. They sign Asomugha to huge money and put him in a zone. They have one of the best RB's in the league and they frequently under utilize him. Just one stupid thing after another.

Taco John
11-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Definitely Norv. AJ should be fired too. I still can't believe that he fired a 14-2 coach to hire a guy to come in and drive their franchise into the ground.

Houshyamama
11-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Norv Turner gets MY axe..

http://www.3hobbits.com/lotr/wallpapers/gimli/Gimli5.jpg

gunns
11-30-2011, 11:28 AM
I will be really sad if Norv gets the axe. First Al, now Norv. No Haley??? I sure hope not.

Turd_Ferguson
11-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Definitely Norv. AJ should be fired too. I still can't believe that he fired a 14-2 coach to hire a guy to come in and drive their franchise into the ground.

Yea, it didn't make any sense at the time either...but I'm sure glad he did!

broncocalijohn
11-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Coughlin then Norv. Caldwell would have been canned with Larry yesterday if it was going to happen sooner than later. Dolphins playing better now so I think he is safe.

BroncoMan4ever
11-30-2011, 01:14 PM
i say Norv makes it to the end of the year and is then promptly fired and quite possibly their GM as well.

i am going with a dark horse candidate to be fired.

Mike Shanahan

ludo21
11-30-2011, 01:24 PM
colts draft luck and go in new direction

bu bye caldwell

NFLBRONCO
11-30-2011, 02:31 PM
If it isn't Fox :)
My sleeper is Shanny

bendog
11-30-2011, 02:43 PM
I was thinking Tebow might be a coach killer: the idiot in Mia, Haley, Rex and Norv (-:

Irish Stout
11-30-2011, 02:45 PM
I went with Norv, but really think Haley could get the axe to open the door for McD in KC. I just see that organization ready to go with the ridiculous.

ol#7
11-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Well I think that several on the list will be fired, but for who goes first, I think Caldwell could go before the season is out. Just something to wake the team up so they dont go winless but still safely get Luck. Everyone else survives the season.

SimonFletcher73
11-30-2011, 04:36 PM
I went with Norv. The Eagles DC will probably be out before Reid. Maybe Josh McDaniels will get the axe again?

KipCorrington25
11-30-2011, 05:53 PM
McCheat and that "high powered" offense he's such a "genius" with might very well get Spagnuolo fired making him not only a franchise, draft, talent, quarterback, honesty, integrity, class, dignity, and video tape coordinator killer but a coach killer as well.

extralife
11-30-2011, 07:13 PM
The Eagles suck because Vick sucks and has also been hurt the whole season. The defense is built to play with a lead, and they never get a lead. The defensive coordinator should be fired for doing nothing in response, and whoever gave Vick that contract should be banned from NFL stadiums for life.

Caldwell comes back unless some high profile guy professes an interest in coaching Luck. Coughlin comes back unless he retires. Sparano is a toss up. Norv and Spag are gone.

extralife
11-30-2011, 07:14 PM
video tape coordinator killer

someone make this my title

bowtown
11-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Coughlin then Norv. Caldwell would have been canned with Larry yesterday if it was going to happen sooner than later. Dolphins playing better now so I think he is safe.

Coughlin is not getting fired. The Mara's are crazy loyal and he's actaully done pretty well this year considering all the injuries he's had to work with.

barryr
11-30-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't see any coaches getting fired now until the end of the season, but all of these teams may be looking for a coach after the season:

Chargers - Turner again disappoints
Chiefs - Haley known as an offensive coach, yet their offense stinks most of the time
Colts - may be in rebuild mode, usually means new coach, especially if no Manning returning
Jags - we know they will be looking already
Miami - unless win 8 games, I think a new coach is coming

Eagles - such high expectations, someone will take the fall
Giants - no playoffs will bring much heat
Skins - Shanahan has not done much with such a solid defense, may get another year if can get a QB, but if drafts a rookie QB, he will ready to play right away?
Rams - just not enough talent and not enough improvement

strafen
11-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Norv Turner will be my first guess.
Andy Reid a close second...

bowtown
11-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Norv Turner will be my first guess.
Andy Reid a close second...

Sparano is as good as cooked as well.

BroncoLover
11-30-2011, 07:36 PM
After seeing what Broncos are doing. All 31 teams will fire there coaches and bring in bunch of college coaches to run option offense in NFL going forward. :)

I for sure see Gaint Tom and Ego Norv go...

strafen
11-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Sparano is as good as cooked as well.Sparano may have saved his job, based on his team sudden resurgence...
At least for the remainder of the season...

bowtown
11-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Sparano may have saved his job, based on his team sudden resurgence...
At least for the remainder of the season...

Too little too late, considering they were this close to firing him at the beginning of this season, it was going to take at least playoffs for him to hold on. He's done.

primetime714
11-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Norv, Sparano, and Caldwell are the most likely. Reid may hang on another year with the DC and other members of his staff taking the blame. Shanahan is probably safe, they'll get him a QB and see what he can do. Spagnola definitely gets another year IMO. Coughlin sticks around as well. Haley is probably 50/50 right now.

BroncoMan4ever
11-30-2011, 10:25 PM
McCheat and that "high powered" offense he's such a "genius" with might very well get Spagnuolo fired making him not only a franchise, draft, talent, quarterback, honesty, integrity, class, dignity, and video tape coordinator killer but a coach killer as well.

From henceforth after this barrage of all things McDaniels kills, he shall be known as "The Merc With The Hoodie"

broncocalijohn
12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Coughlin is not getting fired. The Mara's are crazy loyal and he's actaully done pretty well this year considering all the injuries he's had to work with.

Didnt know about The Mara's in love with him but I took the angle just based on it is NY and the media controls or mirrors thoughts of the mindset of those fans. Norv is gonzo but it might be at the end of the season. If Dolphins continue to improve, I think Sparano is a ok for next season. They did lose their #1 QB. I just hope it continues by beating the Raiders this weekend.

bendog
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Sparano is as good as cooked as well.

A chemistry experiment gone horribly wrong.

bowtown
12-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Didnt know about The Mara's in love with him but I took the angle just based on it is NY and the media controls or mirrors thoughts of the mindset of those fans. Norv is gonzo but it might be at the end of the season. If Dolphins continue to improve, I think Sparano is a ok for next season. They did lose their #1 QB. I just hope it continues by beating the Raiders this weekend.

NY Media and fans are always brutal on any coach when they lose. But Coughlin's job is not in jeopardy this year. First of all, the Giants are nowhere near out of it. They are only one game back of the Cowboys and still have to play them twice. Secondly, that team has been absolutely killed by injuries, and they have about the most brutal schedule in football this year, yet Coughlin still has them playing above .500 ball, and Eli basically playing at the top of his game. There is zero chance he gets fired this year. The only way he's gone after this season is if he retires.

ScottXray
12-01-2011, 10:54 AM
I would love for the Giants to knock GB off this week. Not likely, but possible.

I want GB to lose BEFORE that Raider game so they are fired up to get a hot streak going again going into the playoffs. And mainly because it hangs a loss on the Raiders. A 45-7 stomping would be about right.

Actually Rodgers has been so unbelievably hot this year that his game has to drop off soon. It seems that the packers have gotten every bounce and call to dominate they way they have, especially with a poor pass defense. They do get turnovers with regularity and sooner or later those bounces and picks aren't going to happen. If it happens against a team that can put up points, they are going to lose.

Giants backs are to the wall, and they seem to be a team that could stay with GB if the bounces are even or a little to the Giants favor. Hope to see a GB loss this week.

bowtown
12-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I would love for the Giants to knock GB off this week. Not likely, but possible.

I want GB to lose BEFORE that Raider game so they are fired up to get a hot streak going again going into the playoffs. And mainly because it hangs a loss on the Raiders. A 45-7 stomping would be about right.

Actually Rodgers has been so unbelievably hot this year that his game has to drop off soon. It seems that the packers have gotten every bounce and call to dominate they way they have, especially with a poor pass defense. They do get turnovers with regularity and sooner or later those bounces and picks aren't going to happen. If it happens against a team that can put up points, they are going to lose.

Giants backs are to the wall, and they seem to be a team that could stay with GB if the bounces are even or a little to the Giants favor. Hope to see a GB loss this week.

It wouldn't be the first perfect season the Giants have ruined... or the second.

broncocalijohn
12-01-2011, 11:17 AM

One of the lamest reasons I always hear. "We need to lose to get the juice flowing again?" You don't think they have any "juice" left when they have been slaughtering teams this year? Did you take a nap before the Packers vs Lions game? How about they win the Giants game and keep winning since they are so damn good? They can beat the Raiders without losing first. Are you telling me that we won our 2nd SuperBowl because we finally lost after going 11-0 (or was it 12-0) to start the season? Seems we had a losing record to end the regular season after we finally lost our first game.

TonyR
12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
...Vick sucks...

I think "Vick sucks" is a little much. I don't care for the guy but he's a pretty good QB. Not as good as he was most of last year, and not worth the contract they gave him particularly because he can't stay on the field, but still pretty good. Definitely above average. The Eagles' problem is more their defense than their offense. That and their stupidity at not making LeSean McCoy the focal point of their offensive attack.

Bronco Boy
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I wonder how long we can keep a hold of Dennis Allen. I would think some teams would give him a look for a HC job after this season.

bowtown
12-01-2011, 01:05 PM
I wonder how long we can keep a hold of Dennis Allen. I would think some teams would give him a look for a HC job after this season.

Does anyone have any stats on OCs or DCs that have become head coaches after a single season? How often does that even happen? I can't think of any.

Carmelo15
12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
All of the above except for Coughlin

ScottXray
12-01-2011, 01:33 PM
One of the lamest reasons I always here. "We need to lose to get the juice flowing again?" You don't think they have any "juice" left when they have been slaughtering teams this year? Did you take a nap before the Packers vs Lions game? How about they win the Giants game and keep winning since they are so damn good? They can beat the Raiders without losing first. Are you telling me that we won our 2nd SuperBowl because we finally lost after going 11-0 (or was it 12-0) to start the season? Seems we had a losing record to end the regular season after we finally lost our first game.

Sure they could win out...but it is also important to PEAK at the right time...
and they have been on a peak with Rodgers since the start of the season. Eventually That HAS to come to an end, just like our streak of winning close tight games eventually has to end. All teams throw up a bad game, or just can't get it going for various reasons and bounces, and GB is due for one. I'd rather it happen before the GB/Oakland game is all.

And you might note that the overall probabilities of losing go up with each consecutive win, just due to the law of averages. Of course the schedule and the individual teams play is a a huge factor in that, and each individual game the Packers will be favored. Eventually the BAD bounces tend to even out ( excluding the fact that officials tend to give heavy favorites the benefit of the doubt in questionable calls on plays, or by just not "seeing " the penalties that should be called ( example...facemask on Tebow last week)).

GB is playing lights out...but they are getting a lot of help with non-calls that could change the outcome of a lot of things. If the game takes a turn against them in another NFL favorites stadium the loss will eventually come.

GB is giving 7 points this week...and I'd prefer the loss happen this week.

ScottXray
12-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have any stats on OCs or DCs that have become head coaches after a single season? How often does that even happen? I can't think of any.

Unfortunately there is an article on fox sports (I think ) that mentions DA as a possible HC candidate, already. Some people are taking notice.

I don't think it happens this year, but if the D keeps getting better and we make the playoffs by next year then I think he starts getting real consideration.

broncocalijohn
12-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately there is an article on fox sports (I think ) that mentions DA as a possible HC candidate, already. Some people are taking notice.

I don't think it happens this year, but if the D keeps getting better and we make the playoffs by next year then I think he starts getting real consideration.

Well, if the Dolphins entire coaching staff gets **** canned, maybe Mike Nolan comes back to us if Dennis Allen leaves.

bowtown
12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Well, if the Dolphins entire coaching staff gets **** canned, maybe Mike Nolan comes back to us if Dennis Allen leaves.

I think when the Phins fire Sparano, Nolan is a very real possibility to be their next HC.

Rohirrim
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Maybe I'll have to switch my vote to Reid. :rofl:

Iggles looked like **** against the Seahawks.

Rohirrim
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Haley wasn't even on the list. And nobody brought him up. Guess that was a surprise firing. 13 people had Sparano.