PDA

View Full Version : How Many Games To Get COY?

Smiling Assassin27
11-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Give us a minimum number of wins Fox has to have to win Coach Of The Year

Kaylore
11-30-2011, 08:04 AM
He would need to win the division and make the playoffs.

Also, calling men "Foxy" = gross.

Mogulseeker
11-30-2011, 08:17 AM
10+ ... and it's possible.

ColoradoDarin
11-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Like Kaylore said, not a set # of game, but the division title I think takes it.

bowtown
11-30-2011, 08:28 AM
He's got to make it further than Harbaugh.

Turd_Ferguson
11-30-2011, 08:33 AM
He would need to win the division and make the playoffs.

Also, calling men "Foxy" = gross.

Yep he has to make the playoffs, and even then he will have stiff competition from Jim Harbaugh. IMO if they make the playoffs, with the offensive change, the media frenzy, and lack of training camp he deserves it WAY more than Harbaugh.

ludo21
11-30-2011, 08:33 AM
harbaugh has got this locked in i think, but if we win the division it will make it tough on voters

strafen
11-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Fox's got stiff competition from the aforementioned candidates.

also, I'd have to say Gary Kubiak would have a good chance to get it.
His defense is tops in the NFL and he's gone thru two QB's, if he makes it into the play-offs and wins at least one game, he should be given a strong consideration...

AlphaSeirra
11-30-2011, 08:41 AM
Fox as the CoY would be a dis-service to the rest of the deserving NFL HBC.

Fox lost any chance when he started 'Best Chance to Win' 4-14/1-4 Orton, imoho.
(IDIOT decision)

Fox deserves the defensive credit, minus the 'Tebow Team Inspiration' part maybe,
but he doesn't deserve ANYTHING for the offense's success.

McCoy gets a B+ (for listening to, and helping Tim)
Both Fox and Elway get a C- so far for their overall team decisions.

Of course and as always, JMOHO's.

ColoradoDarin
11-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Tebow for CoY!!!!!!

Shorter version....

TheReverend
11-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Harbaugh would need to come down with GettingHitByABus-itis

vancejohnson82
11-30-2011, 08:49 AM
haha....how does Fox get no credit for the offense?

I would like another example of a team changing their ENTIRE playbook after 7 games (I'm not counting Miami and Detroit)

Crushaholic
11-30-2011, 08:58 AM
If Fox gets COY, I will change my name to Bob. What Harbaugh is doing in San Francisco is amazing...

go_broncos
11-30-2011, 08:59 AM
I hate these type of threads.

Smiling Assassin27
11-30-2011, 09:04 AM
I hate these type of threads.

LOL

Hey, give me some credit for not including the word 'Tim' or 'Tebow' in it.

BroncoInferno
11-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Harbaugh's done a great job, no doubt, but he inherited more talent on that 49ers team than the past record would suggest. Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Justin Smith, Frank Gore, Joe Staley, Mike Iupati (sp?), Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, etc. They've been underachieving for a couple of years now. It's not quite the miracle people are turning it into.

Crushaholic
11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Harbaugh's done a great job, no doubt, but he inherited more talent on that 49ers team than the past record would suggest. Patrick Willis, NaVorro Bowman, Justin Smith, Frank Gore, Joe Staley, Mike Iupati (sp?), Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, etc. They've been underachieving for a couple of years now. It's not quite the miracle people are turning it into.

Part of a coach's job is to get underachievers to play to their potential...

BroncoInferno
11-30-2011, 09:20 AM
Part of a coach's job is to get underachievers to play to their potential...

Like I said, Harbaugh's done a great job, I'm just pointing out he took over a team that already had decent talent, then added guys like Carlos Rogers and Aldon Smith. I'd say Fox has a lot less overall talent to work with than Harbaugh.

TonyR
11-30-2011, 09:50 AM
...I'd have to say Gary Kubiak would have a good chance to get it.
His defense is tops in the NFL and he's gone thru two QB's, if he makes it into the play-offs and wins at least one game, he should be given a strong consideration...

Agree on all points except that Wade Phillips probably deserves most of the kudos for their defensive improvement.

Archer81
11-30-2011, 10:44 AM
haha....how does Fox get no credit for the offense?

I would like another example of a team changing their ENTIRE playbook after 7 games (I'm not counting Miami and Detroit)

Don't ssk...he might actually explain it.

I think Harbaugh or McCarthy get CoY.

:Broncos:

Broncbow
11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
harbaugh has got this locked in i think, but if we win the division it will make it tough on voters

I am thinking Harbaugh too.

Coach of the year for taking credit for what McDaniels built? For costing the team a 1-4 start? Letting your No.1 receiver go? Having the worst looking offense in the league? You got to be kidding me.