PDA

View Full Version : Jack Del Rio fired

Dagmar
11-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Not much of a surprise. 9 years on the job. Throwing your co-ordinators under the bus and mishandling the QB situation costs him then.

strafen
11-29-2011, 06:55 AM
Let's sign him up!

Broncbow
11-29-2011, 06:57 AM
6 years too late...;D

Dagmar
11-29-2011, 06:58 AM
Mel Tucker - D co-ordinator - is the interim head coach.

WolfpackGuy
11-29-2011, 07:09 AM
What's the over/under on weeks remaining for Norville?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-29-2011, 07:18 AM
Thank God.

The Jags need to completely clean shop, including Gene Smith. His gaff drafting Tyson Alualu at #11 Overall instead of trading back and taking Tebow killed this franchise. Alualu has been a bust, and Tebow looks anything but. Not to mention trading up for Gabbert, which at this point, looks really bad.

Regardless, this gives the fanbase a flicker of hope. Weaver is a very loyal owner to his coaches, giving them lots of time, and the weather is great in NE Florida. The team has some young talent. This should be an attractive job for somebody.

HAT
11-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Surprised Koetter wasn't named interim?

Broncbow
11-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Surprised Koetter wasn't named interim?

Koetter has been buried beneath Del Rio's ultra-conservative offense for so long, that he has lost the identity he possessed at Arizona State. Much like McCoys scheme has been buried beneath Foxes ultrconservative scheme.

Del Rios scheme reminds me of what Fox has been doing here as of late. Talk about ugly, watching this ultra-conservative offense move from one end of the field to the other is like watching a dog drag his ass across the rug.

There is a reason why our scoring offense is ranked 31st, and our No.1 rushing offense is ranked 23rd in TD's. STOP IT~!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/psP5G7aodj8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
11-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Overdue. He somehow found a way to hang around every year. I will say their GM is garbage.

Bronco Yoda
11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
I still wonder in amazement how you don't draft Tebow if you're the jags. Just purely from a business point of view.

Broncbow
11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Overdue. He somehow found a way to hang around every year. I will say their GM is garbage.

That's funny, Jags GM and Elway have a lot in common too, neither of them want Tebow, despite the fact THE DUDE ABIDES~!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ARHOQFcGCzw/TfaSy8NG_XI/AAAAAAAAHwc/sy8z0vTw_Tg/s1600/dude-the-big-lebowski.jpg

bronco militia
11-29-2011, 08:14 AM
9 years and never won the division.....WTF

Broncbow
11-29-2011, 08:14 AM
I still wonder in amazement how you don't draft Tebow if you're the jags. Just purely from a business point of view.

God wanted Tebow to be as close to him as possible, IE Mile High, so he blinded Del Rio's heart, because he was not worthy; guy betrayed every starting QB on his team .:notworthy

Broncbow
11-29-2011, 08:25 AM

JDR hated QB's, guy refused to allow them to take the glory off the field. He is still pissed off at having to share the Rose Bowl MVP with you guessed it, the QB.

Del Rio devoted his entire playing career as a LB to shutting down the QB, having been tortured by them exploiting the front seven like cowards through the air, he saw to it as a head coach that they would not ever be allowed to get that opportunity, unless it was a life or death last resort sceneRIO. THE IRONY OF SEEING FOX PULL THIS STUNT IS MIND BLOWING.

Matt Jones despite his blazing speed, was relegated to being a possession receiver underneath the LB's. Jack Del Rio got off sending Matt Jones to be annihilated by the LB's. You guys remeber when he just laid therein the fetal position after making the catch underneath the LB's with no one around? Del Rio Broke him, no wonder the guy wound up being a coke head. You have to be on crack to play for Jack.;D;D

Lestat
11-29-2011, 08:47 AM
any time Todd McShay says something bad about a draft pick and everyone and their momma agrees with it. you might not wanna take someone that high.

their GM is awful, cutting QB's before the season, busts like Aluala,Harvey.
the entire structure is worse than Mike Brown in Cincy.
Thank God.

The Jags need to completely clean shop, including Gene Smith. His gaff drafting Tyson Alualu at #11 Overall instead of trading back and taking Tebow killed this franchise. Alualu has been a bust, and Tebow looks anything but. Not to mention trading up for Gabbert, which at this point, looks really bad.

Regardless, this gives the fanbase a flicker of hope. Weaver is a very loyal owner to his coaches, giving them lots of time, and the weather is great in NE Florida. The team has some young talent. This should be an attractive job for somebody.

Kaylore
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Thank God.

Don't forget that QB they took in the first and turned into a cocaine snorting receiver....a very poor one.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-29-2011, 10:07 AM
And....in typical Jaguars fashion immediately before selling the team, Weaver gives the horrific GM a 3 year extension.

This kind of dumb **** actually makes me thrilled we have Bowlen and EFX.

Rohirrim
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM

Two words - Payton Manning.

R8R H8R
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
And....in typical Jaguars fashion immediately before selling the team, Weaver gives the horrific GM a 3 year extension.

This kind of dumb **** actually makes me thrilled we have Bowlen and EFX.

Rep, best line I read this morning. I hope the rest of the Broncos fan base really appreciate what a superb off-season EFX has had.

Knocked it out of the ballpark with Von Miller and had just a solid draft with the rest of the draft picks.

And getting Bunkley and McGahee are as good of FA acquisitions as any team in the league. Could they have done more? Probably so, but every team in the league could have done more also.

bronco militia
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Two words - Payton Manning.

sure...so you still keep the guy after getting pounded 3-5 years?

Archer81
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Peyton Manning does that to people.

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Rep, best line I read this morning. I hope the rest of the Broncos fan base really appreciate what a superb off-season EFX has had.

Knocked it out of the ballpark with Von Miller and had just a solid draft with the rest of the draft picks.

And getting Bunkley and McGahee are as good of FA acquisitions as any team in the league. Could they have done more? Probably so, but every team in the league could have done more also.

Sproles would have been nice. But that's okay. We can pick up Rodney Stewart in the draft. ;D

Archer81
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
sure...so you still keep the guy after getting pounded 3-5 years?

Houston kept Kubiak, didnt they?

bronco militia
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Houston kept Kubiak, didnt they?

well yeah???? kubiak is awesome!

Archer81
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
well yeah???? kubiak is awesome!

1 win vs Indianapolis though. Tough division, that AFC South.

bronco militia
11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
1 win vs Indianapolis though. Tough division, that AFC South.

oh yeah...I was surprised Kubiak was not fired last year.

Archer81
11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
oh yeah...I was surprised Kubiak was not fired last year.

He has the only "winning" season in Houston's existance. I guess that buys you a little time.

NUB
11-29-2011, 12:07 PM
I still believe that if Del Rio looked like a Brad Childress he would have been fired years ago.

Tombstone RJ
11-29-2011, 02:28 PM
Now the gab will be unleashed...

Popps
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Yea, this has been said a bunch.... but Tebow could have rejuvenated that franchise.

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Jack Del Rio was the only coach who has ever served under John Fox to become an NFL HC. What do they have in common? They suck when it comes to evaluating QB's, or implementing a normal modern era offense. Is it any wonder Fox lost more games than he won prior to Tebow starting?

Fox actually lost two Super Bowls, as a DC for the Giants he allowed a Trent Dilfer led team to score 34 points on him in Super Bowl XXXV.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtF7Bhm2waeEPJ8o2wyylVMHQa_Ixzu KseUVL8cnqFErGDDt0i

Coach of the year~!!LOL

houghtam
12-11-2011, 07:38 AM

Jack del Rio = Wayne Fontes

houghtam
12-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Jack Del Rio was the only coach who has ever served under John Fox to become an NFL HC. What do they have in common? They suck when it comes to evaluating QB's, or implementing a normal modern era offense. Is it any wonder Fox lost more games than he won prior to Tebow starting?

Fox actually lost two Super Bowls, as a DC for the Giants he allowed a Trent Dilfer led team to score 34 points on him in Super Bowl XXXV.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtF7Bhm2waeEPJ8o2wyylVMHQa_Ixzu KseUVL8cnqFErGDDt0i

Coach of the year~!!LOL

You're officially an idiot. Well, at least this statement is more proof than we already had. 14 of that 34 came from a pick 6 and a KO return for a TD. Collins also threw 4 INTs that game. The Ravens offense only had 250 yards that game.

Do you watch football, or are you just a computer program that searches the interwebz for buzzwords and stats and just throws them all together?

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 08:56 AM
You're officially an idiot. Well, at least this statement is more proof than we already had. 14 of that 34 came from a pick 6 and a KO return for a TD. Collins also threw 4 INTs that game. The Ravens offense only had 250 yards that game.

Do you watch football, or are you just a computer program that searches the interwebz for buzzwords and stats and just throws them all together?

So out of all the above you found a score discrepancy to take and chew on like a dog as if you have any meat to your argument.

As if it is going to change the fact that FOX lost two Super Bowls or the fact that he allowed a Trent Dilfer led team to score 34 points on him in Super Bowl XXXV. Dilfer actually had more passing yards in that Super Bowl than his average in all three play-off games leading up to it.

With so much talk about Tebow not being a Super Bowl QB, well what about Fox being a Super Bowl losing coach?

broncocalijohn
12-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Broncbow: The kid who will never redeem himself.

houghtam
12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
So out of all the above you found a score discrepancy to take and chew on like a dog as if you have any meat to your argument.

As if it is going to change the fact that FOX lost two Super Bowls or the fact that he allowed a Trent Dilfer led team to score 34 points on him in Super Bowl XXXV. Dilfer actually had more passing yards in that Super Bowl than his average in all three play-off games leading up to it.

With so much talk about Tebow not being a Super Bowl QB, well what about Fox being a Super Bowl losing coach?

You didn't watch that game, otherwise you wouldn't be saying that.

But you don't watch any football either.

So I guess you were in the "John Elway will never win a Super Bowl" camp back in 1997 when he'd been to 3 and lost?

broncocalijohn
12-11-2011, 09:21 AM
I will start paying a little cash each year to OM if TJ can find a way to not only keep the IGNORE function but also block out those who quote those on your ignore function. I feel like I lose a little of my life everytime I have to read one of his posts. Being 41, male and left handed, my days are numbered more than you think.

Broncbow
12-11-2011, 09:33 AM
You didn't watch that game, otherwise you wouldn't be saying that.

But you don't watch any football either.

So I guess you were in the "John Elway will never win a Super Bowl" camp back in 1997 when he'd been to 3 and lost?
Speaking of Super Bowl losers... Yes we know about Terrell Davis saving Elway from sharing the No.1 Super Bowl Losers of all Time award with Jim Kelly. Ha!

houghtam
12-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I will start paying a little cash each year to OM if TJ can find a way to not only keep the IGNORE function but also block out those who quote those on your ignore function. I feel like I lose a little of my life everytime I have to read one of his posts. Being 41, male and left handed, my days are numbered more than you think.

Aaaaaand now he's on ignore. The Elway statement cinched it. Congrats, broncosfan7, you've got company!

Kaylore
12-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Guys stop bullying Broncbow for being a waste of space and a blight on this board. I will stand for the bullied every time.

/EpicLlama.

broncocalijohn
12-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Aaaaaand now he's on ignore. The Elway statement cinched it. Congrats, broncosfan7, you've got company!

bf7 changed his name and when are you going to speed up and put alpha seirra (hey, I cant spell Sierra!) and MacGruder on iggy? It is the trifecta of retards.

houghtam
12-11-2011, 10:15 AM
bf7 changed his name and when are you going to speed up and put alpha seirra (hey, I cant spell Sierra!) and MacGruder on iggy? It is the trifecta of retards.

Meh, for someone with less than 1000 posts over 5 years, it's pretty easy for me to just scroll past people. It's usually only when I get into a 1 on 1 argument with a total idiot that they hit my ignore list. Hence bf7 is the only one on my list. Dragster was on there for a little while, too.

What did bf7 change his name to, so I can add that one too? Ha!