PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the thread

Vine
11-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Someone did a thread a couple weeks back after the KC win, doing a very in-depth analysis of Tebow's 8 passes. This person also came up with a strict definition for what incompletions would be considered "drops". I do not remember the screename of the person, or cannot find the link, but I would be inerested in what he had to say about Tebow's 18 passes against Sandy Eggo.

extralife
11-28-2011, 10:53 PM
he didn't "come up" with the definition. that's the ****ing definition. the official one.

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I think it was Tebow lovefest partner JHNS. If it is, please erase this thread as you found your answer. We dont want to bump a tebow thread for another tebow thread.

HAT
11-28-2011, 11:20 PM
Someone did a thread a couple weeks back after the KC win, doing a very in-depth analysis of Tebow's 8 passes. This person also came up with a strict definition for what incompletions would be considered "drops". I do not remember the screename of the person, or cannot find the link, but I would be inerested in what he had to say about Tebow's 18 passes against Sandy Eggo.

It ain't that hard bro.....Just click:

Search > Go advanced > Keyword (thread title only) > Tebow.

Should only be 7 or 8 results to search through before you find what you're looking for.

Shananahan
11-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Is this it? It was Mediator: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101435

Not the KC game, but the NYJ game.

hambone13
11-29-2011, 01:05 AM
I think it was Tebow lovefest partner JHNS. If it is, please erase this thread as you found your answer. We dont want to bump a tebow thread for another tebow thread.

And Tebow said, "There was a Jackass" and here you are.

Houshyamama
11-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Mediator.

Learn your ****.

Vine
11-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Is this it? It was Mediator: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101435

Not the KC game, but the NYJ game.

Yes thank you! Mediator was the member who had this. Not sure if I totally agree with his definition of what constitutes a drop, but I found his in depth analysis very interesting, and would like to see it done more often in other games.

Vine
11-29-2011, 06:53 AM
he didn't "come up" with the definition. that's the ****ing definition. the official one.

The official one? There is an "official" definition for a drop? Sorry, you are wrong, as there is no stat category for drops.

jhns
11-29-2011, 06:54 AM

It must pain you all to see that I am right about everything. Stupid Tebow hating McFans.

jhns
11-29-2011, 06:56 AM
The official one? There is an "official" definition for a drop? Sorry, you are wrong, as there is no stat category for drops.

This. Stop being such clowns.

TheReverend
11-29-2011, 07:02 AM
Yes thank you! Mediator was the member who had this. Not sure if I totally agree with his definition of what constitutes a drop, but I found his in depth analysis very interesting, and would like to see it done more often in other games.

He's busy.

Especially this week.

Bahshay
11-29-2011, 07:18 AM

It wasn't a stat for counting drops, it was how coaches assess quarterback accuracy. As he said, coaches only consider it a drop if the quarterback was successful at completing all 3 goals of the throw. It isn't a stat, its an evaluation tool.

EDIT: I'm not saying he's absolutely right that this is how coaches assess qb accuracy. Frankly, I have no clue. I'm not a coach and I don't know any coaches higher than the High School level.

jhns
11-29-2011, 07:24 AM
It wasn't a stat for counting drops, it was how coaches assess quarterback accuracy. As he said, coaches only consider it a drop if the quarterback was successful at completing all 3 goals of the throw. It isn't a stat, its an evaluation tool.

EDIT: I'm not saying he's absolutely right that this is how coaches assess qb accuracy. Frankly, I have no clue. I'm not a coach and I don't know any coaches higher than the High School level.

I can tell you that he isn't right. Very few coaches evaluate stuff like this the same. That is why you see some love certain players as others would never sign them. They don't all have universal breakdown strategies.

Bahshay
11-29-2011, 07:59 AM
I can tell you that he isn't right. Very few coaches evaluate stuff like this the same. That is why you see some love certain players as others would never sign them. They don't all have universal breakdown strategies.

I actually don't think he is completely wrong. I'm sure they all do evaluate the accuracy of a throw the way he said they do, as there is really no other way to evaluate accuracy. Either all three aspects of accuracy were good, or the pass will be off-target. That is obvious.

I'm also sure that coaches all also have a different range for what they consider perfectly on target, what they consider catchable vs a drop, etc. So I suppose I half-agree with both of you.

RhymesayersDU
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Whether they're technically drops or not, the Royal and Jeremiah Johnson drops were pretty bad. Royal's especially. I can cut JJ a bit of slack, he's a running back. But Royal needed to make that catch.

extralife
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Stats inc. and several other reputable statistic companies record drops. Whether or not the NFL officially recognizes them is pretty irrelevant (and though they might not, analysts and announcers will certainly quote those stats as well, which means you can bet your ass coaches do).

Vine
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
Stats inc. and several other reputable statistic companies record drops. Whether or not the NFL officially recognizes them is pretty irrelevant (and though they might not, analysts and announcers will certainly quote those stats as well, which means you can bet your ass coaches do).

So you are saying that in order for an incompletion to be considered a drop, the ball has to arrive to the receiver, in stride, right in front of the receivers neck?

BroncosSR
11-29-2011, 04:14 PM
I said I didn't want salmon. I said it four times...

Chris
11-29-2011, 04:18 PM
He's busy mediating dummy. **** needs to get mediated.

http://www.nbc.com/30-rock/images/episodes/season3/302/rok_302_02.jpg

Popps
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
So you are saying that in order for an incompletion to be considered a drop, the ball has to arrive to the receiver, in stride, right in front of the receivers neck?

If I'm Tim Tebow, I have a long list of restraining orders to file... but you're right at the top of the list.

BroncosSR
11-29-2011, 04:51 PM
If I'm Tim Tebow, I have a long list of restraining orders to file... but you're right at the top of the list.

Hilarious....(and true)....

Vine
11-29-2011, 05:10 PM

I am not sure I understand.

bowtown
11-29-2011, 05:37 PM
I am not sure I understand.

He means that if you met Tebow on the street you would probably give him the option of cake or death, and by "cake" you would mean "surprise buttsecks."

broncosteven
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM

Why not listen to the podcasts?

theAPAOps5
11-29-2011, 06:55 PM
He means that if you met Tebow on the street you would probably give him the option of cake or death, and by "cake" you would mean "surprise buttsecks."

:spit:

jhns
11-30-2011, 06:44 AM

Aww, the Tebow hating McFan is crying in my neg rep after trying to talk ****. Poor guy.

Mediator12
11-30-2011, 08:06 AM
The goal of that thread was to expose several things to open discussion, not create another bipolar thread where both sides dish out the emotional drama.

1. You can never seperate a pass from the throw and reception. The QB and Receiver each have a responsibility on any given play and those can be evaluated seperately. What fans inaccurately do is simply ignore the QB's accuracy or the WR's catch in order to make points that fit their bias. It is impossible to do, but they certainly try anyway.

2. By defining an accurate throw and what can happen after that, you can evaluate the SD game yourself and post your own observations. You are not dependent on my breakdown and analysis. I want YOU to have the ability to try and make a point using the same criteria coaches use on every play. It makes you look at things differently than just what you want to see. You have to have some objectivity and look at the actual play again without emotion attached. You might just learn something new and useful to help you evaluate QB accuracy at any level. The main difference is the speed of the game and the windows decrease in size as you go up levels.

Good luck!

broncocalijohn
11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Aww, the Tebow hating McFan is crying in my neg rep after trying to talk ****. Poor guy.

Why would you cry to the masses? The neg rep was for once again using "mcfan" when everyone but you still cries about it an knowing I am a mcfan hater. Also, you are the same jerkoff as always.

jhns
11-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Why would you cry to the masses? The neg rep was for once again using "mcfan" when everyone but you still cries about it an knowing I am a mcfan hater. Also, you are the same jerkoff as always.

Poor baby. Why would you cry at all?

You clearly were not on my side through the McDaniels fiasco. You can claim whatever you want McFan.