PDA

View Full Version : Les Shapiro

Vine
11-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Does anyone ever hear what he has to say?

This guy is a ****ing tool. He is STILL ripping on Tebow, on Fox31's Sunday Night Sports Zone. They are showing highlights of two of Tebow's worst passes of the game and Shapiro is using these two passes as evidence that Tebow still cannot throw the ball. I cannot believe this ****. Nevermind the other 10 or 11 strikes that Tebow threw during the game, or the dropped 3rd down passes.

I hate him.

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 07:44 PM
his face is sharp

OrangeSe7en
11-28-2011, 07:46 PM
It was the "people of abraham" who killed Jesus.

...j/k...kind of...

LaneLosh2
11-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Tebow still can't throw the ball but give the kid a break. He wins 5 games in a row with some pretty awesome heroics and yet he still has a ton of haters

crush17
11-28-2011, 07:50 PM
He is so awful to listen to.

I can't believe he is on the air every single day spouting this drivel.

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Les is simply trying to gain listeners since nobody listens to him heck i think they paired him up with the Gman.

g00fyfoot
11-28-2011, 07:57 PM
I like Les OK. Better then some of the other options.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 08:00 PM
oh man he still needs work ok but he is getting better cant anyone see that

Man-Goblin
11-28-2011, 08:09 PM
oh man he still needs work ok but he is getting better cant anyone see that

Who, Les Shapiro?

Garcia Bronco
11-28-2011, 08:13 PM
It was the "people of abraham" who killed Jesus.

...j/k...kind of...

Lol.

Popps
11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
I was walking from the office to grab a coffee this morning and I faintly heard a man in a private conversation in the distance who was doubting Tim Tebow's viability as a long-term starter in the NFL.

Naturally, this came as a horrible shock to my system. Knowing that I couldn't possibly have someone disagreeing with me about Tim Tebow, I approached the man and challenged him to a proper duel.

After a long and grueling battle, I raised my sword in victory. One non-believer at a time, I will help rid the world of the plague of Tim Tebow doubt. Only then will I be able to safely hold my opinion without the threat of dissidents challenging my beliefs.

Kaylore
11-28-2011, 08:31 PM
He's a hater. It doesn't beat Merrill Hoge screaming at Tim Hasselbeck today that the team secretly thinks Tebow sucks on NFL LIVE.

Taco John
11-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I was walking from the office to grab a coffee this morning and I faintly heard a man in a private conversation in the distance who was doubting Tim Tebow's viability as a long-term starter in the NFL.

Naturally, this came as a horrible shock to my system. Knowing that I couldn't possibly have someone disagreeing with me about Tim Tebow, I approached the man and challenged him to a proper duel.

After a long and grueling battle, I raised my sword in victory. One non-believer at a time, I will help rid the world of the plague of Tim Tebow doubt. Only then will I be able to safely hold my opinion without the threat of dissidents challenging my beliefs.

Congratulations on the outcome of your duel. They say that steel sharpens steel, and men sharpen other men. Sounds like men don't do such a good job of sharpening steel. Go figure.

IHaveALight
11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
I thought he was going to start crying on the ticket today he was getting so mad. Even after all the wins he still has a really hard time giving any praise at all to Tebow. He was praising the running game with Willis (as he should) but he doesn't even admit how Tebow is a huge factor in that. I think I heard last week on the ticket that he's a Steelers fan (but maybe that was Jo Jo idk).

crush17
11-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I thought he was going to start crying on the ticket today he was getting so mad. Even after all the wins he still has a really hard time giving any praise at all to Tebow. He was praising the running game with Willis (as he should) but he doesn't even admit how Tebow is a huge factor in that. I think I heard last week on the ticket that he's a Steelers fan.

He listens to the callers and then waits for the ONE thing he can argue about, cuts them off, and starts whining like a little girl.

Its ridiculous.

"Oh well if Boomer Esiason, Dan Marino, and Bill Cowher all said it, that's all you need to know right there"

I swear he said that, or something very similar today. I just can't even stand his takes anymore.

IHaveALight
11-28-2011, 08:58 PM
He listens to the callers and then waits for the ONE thing he can argue about, cuts them off, and starts whining like a little girl.

Its ridiculous.

"Oh well if Boomer Esiason, Dan Marino, and Bill Cowher all said it, that's all you need to know right there"

I swear he said that, or something very similar today. I just can't even stand his takes anymore.
Yeah me too, I switched over to ESPN Radio after listening to him for about 10 minutes today.

OrangeSe7en
11-28-2011, 08:59 PM

Its ridiculous.

Denver media is a bunch of hacks for the most part. Denver might be a great place to live but as far as the media food chain goes, it's not exactly high on the list. The on-air talent that Denver gets is sketchy for that reason. Thats how Denver gets stuck with a bunch of hacks.

IHaveALight
11-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Denver media is a bunch of hacks for the most part. Denver might be a great place to live but as far as the media food chain goes, it's not exactly high on the list. The on-air talent that Denver gets is sketchy for that reason. Thats how Denver gets stuck with a bunch of hacks.

I really like Gary Miller, he's kind of quirky but he always seems to be level headed, doesn't get too biased with his opinions and never acts like an ass like most guys. Plus he has a pretty decent sense of humor.

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I really like Gary Miller, he's kind of quirky but he always seems to be level headed, doesn't get too biased with his opinions and never acts like an ass like most guys. Plus he has a pretty decent sense of humor.

Hes about the only one i like.

Mogulseeker
11-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Does anyone ever hear what he has to say?

This guy is a ****ing tool. He is STILL ripping on Tebow, on Fox31's Sunday Night Sports Zone. They are showing highlights of two of Tebow's worst passes of the game and Shapiro is using these two passes as evidence that Tebow still cannot throw the ball. I cannot believe this ****. Nevermind the other 10 or 11 strikes that Tebow threw during the game, or the dropped 3rd down passes.

I hate him.

The thing about Tebow's awful passes is that those aren't NFL passes. A good QB would NEVER make the terrible ones. That's most of what Tebow need to work out.

SureShot
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Les Shapiro is turrible.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-28-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm glad the Broncos hired Troy Calhoun. Les said they were in negotiations with him the day McD was fired.

I'm glad CU hired Troy Calhoun. Les said they were in negotiations with him right after Hawkins was fired.

Who seriously cares what Les thinks? The guy sucks.

On the flip side, are you that hyper-sensitive that you come running to the Interwebz anytime someone says something negative about Tim? Get a ****ing life.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Agree on gary miller, namaste.

Les knows less about football than anyone in the media locally. Look at his career, lol.

His tired act got him on the ticket with some doofus named jo jo. Its like a freak show, so bad bill romanowskis hilarious segments are some of the best unintentional comedy moments in radio.

Cecil Lammey crushes, I like his takes. Guy is a realist. Vic is a clown.

Vine
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM

I dunno if I totally agree. Woodie Paige is out there obviously, but I have always liked Ron Zappolo, I wish he would have stayed in sports. Gary Miller is okay and Vic Lombardi is not bad. I don't really know much about some of the others. Kreiger isn't too bad of a columnist.

Vine
11-28-2011, 09:17 PM
On the flip side, are you that hyper-sensitive that you come running to the Interwebz anytime someone says something negative about Tim? Get a ****ing life.

It just pisses me off that people can make a decent living when they are absolutely terrible doing their jobs. I like Tim Tebow, and the unfair rap he gets from some in the media just boggles my mind.

OrangeSe7en
11-28-2011, 09:17 PM
I dunno if I totally agree. Woodie Paige is out there obviously, but I have always liked Ron Zappolo, I wish he would have stayed in sports. Gary Miller is okay and Vic Lombardi is not bad. I don't really know much about some of the others. Kreiger isn't too bad of a columnist.

I'm mainly talking about radio personalities...just to clarify. The radio "talent" in Denver is awful.

Goobzilla
11-28-2011, 09:20 PM

Read an interview with Zappolo stating he will return to sports when his contract is up at Fox31.

Here it is:

His definitive answer: "I'll be looking for sports work when my current contract expires in 16 months.

"I'm not unhappy with news anchor work. I just want to spend the latter part of my professional career working in sports — maybe doing play-by-play."

Read more: Dusty Saunders: Ron Zappolo flashes old style on rare sports bit - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/dustysaunders/ci_19329776?source=rss_viewed#ixzz1f4525GUd
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Vine
11-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Read an interview with Zappolo stating he will return to sports when his contract is up at Fox31.

Here it is:

His definitive answer: "I'll be looking for sports work when my current contract expires in 16 months.

"I'm not unhappy with news anchor work. I just want to spend the latter part of my professional career working in sports — maybe doing play-by-play."

Read more: Dusty Saunders: Ron Zappolo flashes old style on rare sports bit - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/dustysaunders/ci_19329776?source=rss_viewed#ixzz1f4525GUd
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Sweet.

McDman
11-28-2011, 09:25 PM

I spit in your general direction and challenge you to a battle to the death. I shall hang your head upon my mantle.

Popps
11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
It just pisses me off that people can make a decent living when they are absolutely terrible doing their jobs. I like Tim Tebow, and the unfair rap he gets from some in the media just boggles my mind.

I know right? It's almost like these guys are being paid to create controversy.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Who, Les Shapiro?

no our supposed to be 20 year perfect even thou he only started a few games qb

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
It is becoming quite obvious that people don't hate Tebow. People hate the people that can't handle the people that don't like Tebow. Then those people can't handle it and need to tell the people that there are actually people out there that are against you the people and don't like Tebow. You may ask yourself, who are these people?

As to Vine, stop your ****ing crying and realize that if you really cared about Tebow, you would do what he does and not worry about it. **** me dumb ****s.

FRISKY_DINGO
11-28-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm glad the Broncos hired Troy Calhoun. Les said they were in negotiations with him the day McD was fired.

I'm glad CU hired Troy Calhoun. Les said they were in negotiations with him right after Hawkins was fired.

Who seriously cares what Les thinks? The guy sucks.

Haha, yeah. I remember Big Al on the Fan said that about Calhoun, as well. I think it was the same day that McD was fired. Most of these guys are just talking heads that want nothing more than to use their position to argue and put down fans that sometimes know a heck of a lot more about the game of football than them(specifically Les and D Mac from the fan). Those two take the cake, for me.

Vine
11-28-2011, 11:33 PM
It is becoming quite obvious that people don't hate Tebow. People hate the people that can't handle the people that don't like Tebow. Then those people can't handle it and need to tell the people that there are actually people out there that are against you the people and don't like Tebow. You may ask yourself, who are these people?

As to Vine, stop your ****ing crying and realize that if you really cared about Tebow, you would do what he does and not worry about it. **** me dumb ****s.

LoL ok

Hamrob
11-28-2011, 11:36 PM
Tebow can throw the ball. The main problem in my opinion is that he will never get into any kind of rythem, throwing it just 15-20 times a game.

Take a look at his completions from the game and even a couple that were drops. He is sticking them in there and spinning the ball.

I don't care what the haters say...the kid can throw the ball. That pass to Decker where he got the wind knocked out of him...was exactly where it needed to be. So was the throw to Willis and the slant to Johnson. The TD throw was nice as well.

Remember folks...he's throwing the ball to 2 WR's with double tight formations.

El Jué
11-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Tebow is still a question mark. On the other hand, we know everything there ever will be to know about Les Shapiro.

BroncoBuff
11-29-2011, 12:54 AM
We know everything there ever will be to know about Les Shapiro.

Here's a bit more about Les the person: I worked for awhile as one of his weekend peons when he first came to town in 1985. Later when I started sending out tapes looking for a job, I ask him "can I use you as a reference?" "Definitely" he says. Few weeks later I'm visiting a station in Wichita Falls Texas. News director offers me the job, but quietly advises "maybe check on your references." So I have a friend call Les, and the SOB says, "no you don't want Casey, I've got a better guy for you..." True story.

hambone13
11-29-2011, 02:14 AM

Funny reference Popps but it's going to be a while before your McLove dies off on me...still a little bitter.

hambone13
11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Tebow can throw the ball. The main problem in my opinion is that he will never get into any kind of rythem, throwing it just 15-20 times a game.

Take a look at his completions from the game and even a couple that were drops. He is sticking them in there and spinning the ball.

I don't care what the haters say...the kid can throw the ball. That pass to Decker where he got the wind knocked out of him...was exactly where it needed to be. So was the throw to Willis and the slant to Johnson. The TD throw was nice as well.

Remember folks...he's throwing the ball to 2 WR's with double tight formations.

Not to mention the drops. I'm not saying that every QB doesn't have them but I agree with you, he can throw it. On the flip side, watch Cutler's release and he will never have that. Eddie Royal will never be the same again because of that zip that compounded with his talent. Eddie has quick speed .5 second style. Tebow can't compensate for that unless he's lucky. We need SD's receiving corps/style. Big and handy. I believe he can become a solid passer but he's never going to have that zip. If we have brawny big WR's, TT is golden. Too bad DT is a biaaach

barryr
11-29-2011, 05:44 AM
Not to mention the drops. I'm not saying that every QB doesn't have them but I agree with you, he can throw it. On the flip side, watch Cutler's release and he will never have that. Eddie Royal will never be the same again because of that zip that compounded with his talent. Eddie has quick speed .5 second style. Tebow can't compensate for that unless he's lucky. We need SD's receiving corps/style. Big and handy. I believe he can become a solid passer but he's never going to have that zip. If we have brawny big WR's, TT is golden. Too bad DT is a biaaach

Even in Royal's best season, his yards per catch were not high so even then, he was used mainly in the shorter type of routes. His yards per catch have always hovered in the 9-11 yard range, which is pretty mediocre when compared to most WR's, especially the best ones. They are typically over 15 at least, so Royal has never been used it seems as a deep threat or gets open enough down the field at least to be used that way.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-29-2011, 07:30 AM
It just pisses me off that people can make a decent living when they are absolutely terrible doing their jobs.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20090824/flair/images/FLleft_1_PGTUVJosina200AM.jpg

Man-Goblin
11-29-2011, 07:47 AM
The fake Les Shapiro is kinda funny...

@LessShapiro (http://twitter.com/#!/lessshapiro) "Tebowing" just ain't as funny when he plays like ****. It's sooo last Saturday. I've moved on to a new internet craze: "masturbating".

lolcopter
11-29-2011, 07:51 AM

This

strafen
11-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Les Shapiro is getting angrier and angrier the more the Broncos win.
You can hear it by the tone of his voice, he's mad.

The funny thing is that he comes on the radio (102.3 the Ticket) yesterday saying that he's got no agenda on Tebow Ha!

I remember when Tebow was named the started he was on KDVR-Fox31 saying that Tebow will sell tickets and provide entertainment, but winning, not so much. Those were his exact words... Ha!

Shapiro as many of you may know is from Chicago, and he's also jewish...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-29-2011, 09:41 AM
What does him being Jewish have to do with anything?

Oh right. Media conspiracy. Against Xtians. That somehow hasn't affected Phil Rivers, or Drew Brees, or Kurt Warner, or Brian Dawkins, or anyone else.

Got it.

Man-Goblin
11-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Just heard Vic and Gary lost their show on the Ticket. Too bad. I always enjoyed listening to them in the morning when I got to work.

vonqkilla
11-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Just heard Vic and Gary lost their show on the Ticket. Too bad. I always enjoyed listening to them in the morning when I got to work.

Mike,and mike and espin taking over.

Mogulseeker
11-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Les Shapiro is turrible.

Barkley voice?

I do that impression quite a bit on the golf course. After a bad drive, "tuuuurible" ... which is ironic because Charles Barkley is, in fact, a turible golf driver.

IHaveALight
11-29-2011, 01:38 PM

Son of a b****. :oyvey: :espnsux: They need to pull Les and put Vic and Gary in that spot.

fontaine
11-29-2011, 02:36 PM

Pior to Tebow, nobody really talked about the Broncos. Not much to talk about. They were just being critical of someone else.

It's not the media. It's your mind.

Your mind is easily boggled.

colorado jones
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM
This is the most play Les has received in 15 years.

g00fyfoot
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM

I'm not quite understanding this because the *spn shows are on 104.3 in the morning. Is 104.3 changing their programming or are both stations going to be playing the same thing? Seems unlikely.

Goobzilla
11-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Yes, the Ticket who's hook when they came on the air was "live and local" is dumping local programming to be the ESPN affiliate in Denver starting January.

KipCorrington25
11-29-2011, 07:08 PM
The guy is a hack, the typical know it all that's never worn a jock in his life and was unemployed for 15+ years after KCNC came to their senses and is now on this station that ranks about 18th in the Arbitron lists.

The problem is the noon hour is dreadful between the unlistenable Rome, Gil "mush mouth" Whitley and Les and his bias and not so hidden agenda with his ever obidient lap dog JoJo kissing his ass.

OrangeSe7en
11-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Here's a bit more about Les the person: I worked for awhile as one of his weekend peons when he first came to town in 1985. Later when I started sending out tapes looking for a job, I ask him "can I use you as a reference?" "Definitely" he says. Few weeks later I'm visiting a station in Wichita Falls Texas. News director offers me the job, but quietly advises "maybe check on your references." So I have a friend call Les, and the SOB says, "no you don't want Casey, I've got a better guy for you..." True story.

That sucks. What an asshole.

CrucialMax
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
So I wonder what Les is going to have to complain about today?

Last week it was "Oh so 50% passing is the standard?!".... Well now that Tebow is showing improvement and actually did his part through the air, the only thing I think Les can try to do is complain about the future.

Does anyone know did he pick the Vikings to win this last game?

TonyR
12-05-2011, 10:58 AM
So I wonder what Les is going to have to complain about today?

My bet is it will be about some combination of Tebow only throwing 15 passes, Tebow fumbling, and the Vikings having a terrible secondary.

strafen
12-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Our own TJ called the Jo-Jo/Les Shapiro Show at noon today.
Way to go Isaac! :thumbsup:

Steve Sewell
12-05-2011, 01:53 PM

And...can you give a recap?

SureShot
12-05-2011, 01:55 PM

I just heard that call props TJ!

SureShot
12-05-2011, 01:57 PM
And...can you give a recap?

TJ: "blah blah (Les Ownage) blah blah

Les: "Snivel snivel..well that your opinion man"

Kaylore
12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I didn't hear TJ. Our work bought us lunch today and left before he came on. However Les was doubling down on "This front office isn't sold on this guy. Elway's interview this morning show's he's lukewarm at best on Tebow" By the way, this is completely his opinion. I didn't take "luke warm" from the John Elway show this morning. Jo-Jo even mentioned that he didn't think Tebow was that bad in the first half and that they couldn't run the ball very effectively. Shapiro's response to that: "That's a reflection on the quarterback. He leads your offense and if your offense can't go for any reason it's on the quarterback."

He went full retard on that one.

CEH
12-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Kils is on and basically has told Les to shut the you know what up. Tebow will be the QB next year. These clowns thought it was a bold statement and premature. Kils is calling bullcrap it's not a bold statment. 6-1 is the reason why it's not bold statement. Very nice . Les is getting owned today

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Congratulations on the outcome of your duel. They say that steel sharpens steel, and men sharpen other men. Sounds like men don't do such a good job of sharpening steel. Go figure.

:rofl:

strafen
12-05-2011, 02:20 PM
And...can you give a recap?He called to say he agreed with Les Shapiro, right off the bat! :o

And then TJ said that Tebow is a young QB that we should give him another year to develop some more...

CEH
12-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I didn't hear TJ. Our work bought us lunch today and left before he came on. However Les was doubling down on "This front office isn't sold on this guy. Elway's interview this morning show's he's lukewarm at best on Tebow" By the way, this is completely his opinion. I didn't take "luke warm" from the John Elway show this morning. Jo-Jo even mentioned that he didn't think Tebow was that bad in the first half and that they couldn't run the ball very effectively. Shapiro's response to that: "That's a reflection on the quarterback. He leads your offense and if your offense can't go for any reason it's on the quarterback."

Les also said the safety was Tebow's fault because the Vikes knew the Broncos don't want Tebow throwing from the end zone. Forget the fact we are a run first team, 1st down on the 1/2 yard line and Fells completely whiffs on the run blitz by Allen. 90% of all teams run it in that situation

Is is how clueless and bias Les is against Tebow

Part of the issue with our slow starts is the defenses are coming up with new schemes that our offensive coaches have not seen. A reason why the team plays better after halftime.

bronco militia
12-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Les also said the safety was Tebow's fault because the Vikes knew the Broncos don't want Tebow throwing from the end zone. Forget the fact we are a run first team, 1st down on the 1/2 yard line and Fells completely whiffs on the run blitz by Allen. 90% of all teams run it in that situation

Is is how clueless and bias Les is against Tebow

Part of the issue with our slow starts is the defenses are coming up with new schemes that our offensive coaches have not seen. A reason why the team plays better after halftime.

blocking Jared Allen was not in last weeks game plan?

:~ohyah!:

Gort
12-05-2011, 02:37 PM

here's what #7 said today when asked about the future with Tim Tebow.

"I know everybody wants to know, but our future is right now," Elway told a Denver radio station.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation

bronco_diesel
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Good job Elway...that's the response we have been looking for.

I posted this on my facebook: Merril Hodge = Gimmick Sports Analyst. I think I will do the same for Les Shapiro.

Pendejo
12-05-2011, 03:03 PM

I posted this on my facebook: Merril Hodge = Gimmick Sports Analyst. I think I will do the same for Les Shapiro.

You should probably tweet it as well.

bombay
12-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Les worked at a TV station in Illinois before he came to Denver, and I'd met him a couple of times. A friend of mine from back there was out here and we ran into Les at a Nuggets game. I went to sort of introduce them; "Larry, do you remember Les Nesman?".

It was embarassing.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
You should probably tweet it as well.

And post to MySpace so the remainder of the world, Bronco Warrior and Mile High Mojoe, know this as well.

IHaveALight
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
And post to MySpace so the remainder of the world, Bronco Warrior and Mile High Mojoe, know this as well.
Skip all that. Just go ride around on the light rail all day and spread the news.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm not quite understanding this because the *spn shows are on 104.3 in the morning. Is 104.3 changing their programming or are both stations going to be playing the same thing? Seems unlikely.

Try LOSING their programming

Kaylore
12-05-2011, 03:12 PM

:rofl:

Broncbow
12-05-2011, 03:13 PM

"I know everybody wants to know, but our future is right now," Elway told a Denver radio station.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation

That is not the response I have been waiting for. Especially after all the other responses. Elway should be ashamed of himself for playing the on the fence card. What a kook.

tsiguy96
12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
i would like more information on what klis and TJ said to him today...like quotes and stuff

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Broncbow = MacGruder

Broncbow
12-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Broncbow = MacGruder

No I am not.

Pete Prisco: "It isn't quarterback he plays" A TD pass in every game but one, and it is not QB he plays?

John Elway "Future is Now" Does that make yesterday tomorrow's today?

Haters insistance on maintaining a position on the other side of the fence when it comes to Tebow, has them reaching for comments to justify their positions. Elway is clearly still on the other side of the fence and that is BS>

Elway needs to come back from the dark side regarding Tebow, enough is enough of this short bus act.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/siipB-1Zoac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown
12-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Elway will play it safe, maintain status quo because he is supersticious. Then when season over and he doesn't have to worry about Tebow having a 3 game losing streak after he claims he is Broncos future, he will commit to Tebow as the starter and draft accordingly.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Broncbow = MacGruder

CrucialMax
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Yea, Les did a retreat and ran behind Fox's statement basically saying he isn't committing to Tebow as the starting quarterback for next year. Realistically can anyone blame Fox? It's the politically correct answer BUT until they can figure out how this team is winning with a "gimmick offense" and quarterback "who can't through" they aren't going to be willing to commit.

The hard part for Elway and Fox is they keep slipping further and further away from a top draft pick. They'll pick another quarterback at least to replace Quinn but by the time the rookie is ready, Tebow will be fully acclimated to the Pro game.

Who would Les rather have? Orton? Please.

So Les, whatever... keep on hating as the Broncos keep winning. Its funny how he is making excuses for them winning. Usually people make excuses for teams losing :rofl: He has it backwards :mullet1:

CEH
12-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Stink won't be on the air here in Denver any longer. Klatt is moving to work the morning show on 104.3 the fan with Mike Evans. Drew Goodman will work with Hasting in the afternoon and DMac and Al will continue. Rome moving to the 1600 AM station with Dan patrick. Chad Brown will have a show on 104.3 for a couple hours. He seems pretty level headed. Now if Les will just go away and do what he was doing after being fired from the TV news that would be a good thing.

bronco_diesel
12-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Stink won't be on the air here in Denver any longer. Klatt is moving to work the morning show on 104.3 the fan with Mike Evans. Drew Goodman will work with Hasting in the afternoon and DMac and Al will continue. Rome moving to the 1600 AM station with Dan patrick. Chad Brown will have a show on 104.3 for a couple hours. He seems pretty level headed. Now if Les will just go away and do what he was doing after being fired from the TV news that would be a good thing.

Is Cecile Lammey getting his own show? I think he'd do well.

Klatt is not a big loss, I wish he could take Shapiro and Kreckman with him.

The Ticket needs a good PM show, which it still lacks.

CEH
12-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Is Cecile Lammey getting his own show? I think he'd do well.

Klatt is not a big loss, I wish he could take Shapiro and Kreckman with him.

The Ticket needs a good PM show, which it still lacks.

Cecil has the 9-12 slot right now. Not sure if it's permanent.

crush17
12-05-2011, 06:14 PM
They are making a huge mistake getting rid of Vic and Gary.

They are the only ones who are tolerable day in and day out, not only that, but they have great connections within all of the major Denver teams.

I am pretty bummed. The Ticket's promotional line was that they are "all local". Now they've completely gone against that. Its lame.

Broncoman13
12-05-2011, 06:47 PM

They are the only ones who are tolerable day in and day out, not only that, but they have great connections within all of the major Denver teams.

I am pretty bummed. The Ticket's promotional line was that they are "all local". Now they've completely gone against that. Its lame.

Are we talking the same station?

crush17
12-05-2011, 06:54 PM
102.3 The Ticket.

Taco John
12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
LOL

I'm suprised anyone noticed. Yeah, I'm pretty miffed at how Les sat there and talked about how the world is ready to pounce on Tebow once he loses a game. All this talk about "there's four games left" is blather. It's as if Les believes Tebow needs to go undefeated for the rest of the season to have a chance to stay on with the Broncos - "and even then Tebow could be gone."

Les is right in the sense that it "could" happen. But it wont. Not at this point. We'd have to have four Detroit's in a row for that to happen. Four weeks of full collapse. Only then would the Broncos be able to justify a move to the fan base that moves Tebow for any of the rookies outside of Andrew Luck. If Elway could move Tebow and get Andrew Luck, I think most of the fans would forgive him. But to move Tebow for RG3, or Matt Barkley - forget about it. Every interception, every loss would be hung around Elway's neck. He'd be hated like he was Matt Millen. It wouldn't produce a winning environment.

Regardless of what the media says - and regardless of what the front office says, I don't believe there's any way this front office can do anything at this point but give Tebow another year with a real offseason. He's earned that much. It would send the wrong message to the fans and the players for the front office to pull the plug on this.

Goobzilla
12-05-2011, 07:14 PM

Agreed. The hook was "live and local" when they hit the air. Now they will be the station they ripped on. Their signal can't be heard north of Denver anyway, what's the point?

theAPAOps5
12-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Agreed. The hook was "live and local" when they hit the air. Now they will be the station they ripped on. Their signal can't be heard north of Denver anyway, what's the point?

They sell most their advertising to Denver companies. I think they care very little about North of Denver.

Vine
12-05-2011, 08:41 PM
LOL

I'm suprised anyone noticed. Yeah, I'm pretty miffed at how Les sat there and talked about how the world is ready to pounce on Tebow once he loses a game. All this talk about "there's four games left" is blather. It's as if Les believes Tebow needs to go undefeated for the rest of the season to have a chance to stay on with the Broncos - "and even then Tebow could be gone."

Les is right in the sense that it "could" happen. But it wont. Not at this point. We'd have to have four Detroit's in a row for that to happen. Four weeks of full collapse. Only then would the Broncos be able to justify a move to the fan base that moves Tebow for any of the rookies outside of Andrew Luck. If Elway could move Tebow and get Andrew Luck, I think most of the fans would forgive him. But to move Tebow for RG3, or Matt Barkley - forget about it. Every interception, every loss would be hung around Elway's neck. He'd be hated like he was Matt Millen. It wouldn't produce a winning environment.

Regardless of what the media says - and regardless of what the front office says, I don't believe there's any way this front office can do anything at this point but give Tebow another year with a real offseason. He's earned that much. It would send the wrong message to the fans and the players for the front office to pull the plug on this.

This. All of it.

bombay
12-05-2011, 09:23 PM
As long as that pathetic douchebag DMac (dbag) darren mckee is with Alfred I can't listen although I enjoy Alfred's takes. Dbag brings nothing to the conversation at all, other than shrieking WHY? HOW? as if he were a fifth grader. It seems they could find a 5th grader to shriek stupid questions for less than they pay dbag.

Bronx33
12-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Really who the hell even listens to les shapiro? les is nobody hes always been a nobody.

strafen
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM
LOL

Regardless of what the media says - and regardless of what the front office says, I don't believe there's any way this front office can do anything at this point but give Tebow another year with a real offseason. He's earned that much. It would send the wrong message to the fans and the players for the front office to pull the plug on this.And you can see how Tebow is learning the offense.
The game has definitely slowing down for him.
He ran out of the pocket looking to pass more often than he looked to just run with the ball
These live games have been good for him...

BowlenBall
12-06-2011, 03:07 AM
LOL

Couldn't agree more.

So, why is Elway still afraid to just commit and say that Tebow is our quarterback? Two theories:

1) He's leaving all of his options open for the 2012 draft -- and that includes a killer offer from another team for Tebow, OR a combination of Tebow + picks that will garner us Andrew Luck. A three-team deal with Jacksonville and Indianapolis, maybe? Luck to Denver, Tebow to Jacksonville, and everyone's 2012 picks to Indianapolis.

2) His Raider cheerleader wife has activated the Manchurian Candidate protocol, and he's trying to destroy the team (would explain the Orton release and the Brandon Lloyd trade as well).

tsiguy96
12-06-2011, 04:45 AM
my biggest theory on why he wont commit:

he doesnt want to pull that carrot away thats hanging in front of tebow. and i think fox is doing the same thing. 6-1.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2011, 06:23 AM
LOL

That's... pretty spot on. Especially the last paragraph. I don't give a **** what talking heads like Les Shapiro say, because it's not relevant.

I do enjoy watching people get worked up over it though.

bronco_diesel
12-06-2011, 07:03 AM

Are you sure Vic and Gary are leaving the Ticket? That doesn't make sense...they have all the best shows (Elway, Sharpe, Eddie Mac)

Broncbow
12-06-2011, 07:09 AM
my biggest theory on why he wont commit:

he doesnt want to pull that carrot away thats hanging in front of tebow. and i think fox is doing the same thing. 6-1.

LMAO yeah as if Tebow needs Elways carrot dangling in his face? The guy is a prima donna alwasy has been and this is nothing more than what happens when you give the power of ceaser to a prima donna.

CEH
12-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Are you sure Vic and Gary are leaving the Ticket? That doesn't make sense...they have all the best shows (Elway, Sharpe, Eddie Mac)

Yes Vic told me directly Jan 1 they are gone. Might hook up with someone else later. They are better than Klatt and Evans . Maybe they won't let them work our of their basement

SleepingTiger
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Just heard on 102.3 that Les might be on the O'reilly Factor regarding Tebow tonight. Les commented how he isn't crazy about the idea because O'reilly always interrupts the guest. Jojo immediately told Les that he always interrupts radio callers.