PDA

View Full Version : Going to my first Broncos game December 11th. . . any advice?

Requiem
11-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Was able to score four tickets in the North Endzone for the Bears/Broncos game coming up on December 11th. I haven't been to a Broncos game ever and am not sure what all goes down before the games, but if anyone wants to meet up and get some good ribbin' in against my Bears friends who are joining me on the adventure let me know. Would love to tailgate and get some Tebow prayers going on with some fellow Maners!

Feel free to share any advice on what I should bring/expect for the game!

Cheers!

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Awesome. Have fun man!

Ronnie Tsunami
11-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh man so jealous. been a broncos fan my entire life buy only been to away games vs new england or the jets or giants. Enjoy!

Gort
11-28-2011, 05:32 PM
the only Broncos game i've ever attended was a preseason game at Candlestick years ago. :(

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2011, 05:34 PM
The Bronco Barn (big white tent) on the south side of the stadium is pretty cool before the games. It's a cheap and fun place to drink and watch the early games if you aren't tailgating.

broncosteven
11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Enjoy!

Wish I could get back for a game.

Check out the tailgate forum if your interested, I have been able to TG with Maners every time I have gone since joining this board.

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Don't boo.

Rohirrim
11-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Dec. 11th. Might be damn cold. The traditional beverage is hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps in a bota bag. :thumbs:

enjolras
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Oh man so jealous. been a broncos fan my entire life buy only been to away games vs new england or the jets or giants. Enjoy!

Man.. this thread is making me realize how fortunate I am to live a mile away from the stadium... you guys really need to get out to the temple.

Abqbronco
11-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Was able to score four tickets in the North Endzone for the Bears/Broncos game coming up on December 11th. I haven't been to a Broncos game ever and am not sure what all goes down before the games, but if anyone wants to meet up and get some good ribbin' in against my Bears friends who are joining me on the adventure let me know. Would love to tailgate and get some Tebow prayers going on with some fellow Maners!

Cheers!

If there is a play going on and you are not in your seat, stop and watch said play in front of whoever is sitting in their seats. I have done it every time I have been and it gets me lots of attention.

Also... talk a lot of trash to opposing fans before the game is over. It's really fun to eat crow after the Defense lets you down at the end of the game. (Of course that's not going to happen this time.)

Encourage the boyfriend of the drunk girl from the opposing team to "get her another one" after she nose dive into the row in front of her. Don't be shocked when he does it.

Make sure your 5 year old (assuming you have one) avoids all hand shaking and high fives of the opposing fans that parked right next to you.

Make your 5 year old stay until the bitter end despite near zero temperatures.

Explain previous action to irritated and equally cold wife.

That pretty much covers my last experience... Oh yeah... Don't add up the grand total of how much it cost to watch Cutler blow the lead. Well... You get the point.

broncobum6162
11-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey check out the tailgate thread...........We are having one before the game and you are invited.......

Requiem
11-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm so thankful to be able to go. My buddy from back home used to live in Colorado and his parents are season ticket holders and they hadn't sold them yet so he gave me a hell of a deal. I'll be cheering loud for all of you -- and will be sporting my Bailey jersey and 80s AFC Champs hat. :)

Turd_Ferguson
11-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Have fun man! I'm from South Dakota I have only been to 3 regular season games and 1 preseason, so I don't know any cool places, but I love getting there early so you can watch warm ups and take in the stadium/atmosphere! Not to mention it will give the Broncos fans around ya plenty of time get to know your bears fan buddies before they get drunk and start talking **** to them the whole game.

Requiem
11-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Have fun man! I'm from South Dakota I have only been to 3 regular season games and 1 preseason, so I don't know any cool places, but I love getting there early so you can watch warm ups and take in the stadium/atmosphere! Not to mention it will give the Broncos fans around ya plenty of time get to know your bears fan buddies before they get drunk and start talking **** to them the whole game.

Yo! Thanks a bunch. I'm from South Dakota too. (Huron, originally.) One of the only non-Vikings fans East River. . . I swear it.

Blueflame
11-28-2011, 06:42 PM
A wise man once told me that the fastest way for a tailgate party to start to suck is to run out of beer. So my advice is to bring beer... more beer than you plan to drink yourself (plenty for sharing). No party turns away someone who's bringing beer. ;D

broncosteven
11-28-2011, 06:52 PM
A wise man once told me that the fastest way for a tailgate party to start to suck is to run out of beer. So my advice is to bring beer... more beer than you plan to drink yourself (plenty for sharing). No party turns away someone who's bringing beer. ;D

Does CO still have the law about selling booze on Sunday? if so buy the beer on Saturday or bring it from home.

Blueflame
11-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Does CO still have the law about selling booze on Sunday? if so buy the beer on Saturday or bring it from home.

Buying the beer on Saturday makes sense anyway 'cause for an afternoon game, tailgating can start pretty early.

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Get so drunk that you can't remember the game.

g00fyfoot
11-28-2011, 07:13 PM

No. But be sure to buy beer from a liquor store. Beer from a grocery or convenience store is 3.2 (weak) beer.

Mogulseeker
11-28-2011, 07:22 PM
The Bronco Barn (big white tent) on the south side of the stadium is pretty cool before the games. It's a cheap and fun place to drink and watch the early games if you aren't tailgating.

Cheap.... for a Doctor.

cmhargrove
11-28-2011, 07:22 PM
The first home game I attended, I sat in the north end zone. They were hitting one of those huge inflatable balls around the stands, and when it came to me I gave it a big slap down about 10 rows with a mean backspin. Then, the backspin caught a current and the ball went up, up, and away out the corner of the stadium. My wife ducked in shame after I got heckled for a few minutes.

Don't do that.

Otherwise, you will love it, and my reccomendation for your first home game is to wait around after the game, meet a few players, and bring a hat and a sharpie for some autographs. It gets old after 4-6 autograph sessions, but it will certainly add to your first home game if you don't mind putting in the extra time.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Cheap.... for a Doctor.

Beer was 2 bucks and the entry was about 10. Compared to 10 dollar beer and a 200 dollar entry for the game.

That One Guy
11-28-2011, 07:30 PM
If there is a play going on and you are not in your seat, stop and watch said play in front of whoever is sitting in their seats. I have done it every time I have been and it gets me lots of attention.

Also... talk a lot of trash to opposing fans before the game is over. It's really fun to eat crow after the Defense lets you down at the end of the game. (Of course that's not going to happen this time.)

Encourage the boyfriend of the drunk girl from the opposing team to "get her another one" after she nose dive into the row in front of her. Don't be shocked when he does it.

Make sure your 5 year old (assuming you have one) avoids all hand shaking and high fives of the opposing fans that parked right next to you.

Make your 5 year old stay until the bitter end despite near zero temperatures.

Explain previous action to irritated and equally cold wife.

That pretty much covers my last experience... Oh yeah... Don't add up the grand total of how much it cost to watch Cutler blow the lead. Well... You get the point.

I'll see your experience and raise you a 2 day trek to see the Broncos get destroyed by the Lions, Cutler to go down early for Ramsey to replace him, and... whatever that fat DT's name is score a TD while pushing away Broncos players like they were children. If your experience was equally as bad, I feel for ya.

Oh, and I got a big ass ticket on the way home because I was following a speeding car thinking I was safe just to come upon TWO cops sitting in the median - one for each of us. Worst trip ever...

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Sat night hit up downtown, lots of action to be had. Ahhh... The good old days. Stay north of 20th unless you go to Tavern on 20th and market. Giggling grizzly is still cool.

RhymesayersDU
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Don't do this; super crowded, not at all fun.

Blueflame
11-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Sat night hit up downtown, lots of action to be had. Ahhh... The good old days. Stay north of 20th unless you go to Tavern on 20th and market. Giggling grizzly is still cool.

A guy Req's age probably wants to hit up Coyote Ugly.

Pony Boy
11-28-2011, 08:18 PM
Dec. 11th. Might be damn cold. The traditional beverage is hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps in a bota bag. :thumbs:

I use to go to the games back in the 70’s and 80’s before global warming and it was a hell of a lot colder back then and it was uphill going and coming from the stadium. If you brought hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps in a bota bag you would have got the shiate kicked out of you.

Hot cocoa in a bota bag……. Ha, only if you’re a dick smoker.

ak1971
11-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Cheers!

Best way is just throw a case into a backpack and walk around and take it all in. I'd avoid the barn..its pretty lame.

Best way is just throw a a case into a backpack and walk around. I'd avoid the barn..its pretty lame.

These addresses need a visit to as well:
490 South Colorado Boulevard Glendale, CO 80246-1207
1222 Glenarm Place Denver, Colorado 80204
1443 Stout Street Denver, CO 80202-3210

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm so thankful to be able to go. My buddy from back home used to live in Colorado and his parents are season ticket holders and they hadn't sold them yet so he gave me a hell of a deal. I'll be cheering loud for all of you -- and will be sporting my Bailey jersey and 80s AFC Champs hat. :)

NOOOOOOOO! First off, if you don't have the Tebow jersey, you don't get in. Also, you said you are bringing 3 Bears' fans with you. WHo do you think you are, Broncofan2438?

Have great time and as others stated, go to the tailgate section and join the others in a tailgate party.

Rohirrim
11-29-2011, 07:42 AM
I use to go to the games back in the 70’s and 80’s before global warming and it was a hell of a lot colder back then and it was uphill going and coming from the stadium. If you brought hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps in a bota bag you would have got the shiate kicked out of you.

Hot cocoa in a bota bag……. Ha, only if you’re a dick smoker.

I really don't worry much about my manliness. Obviously, that's a big issue for you.

TailgateNut
11-29-2011, 07:55 AM
I really don't worry much about my manliness. Obviously, that's a big issue for you.

It IS Pony BOY!:wiggle:

TheChamp24
11-29-2011, 08:49 AM
My advice, bring a big box of tampons and repeatedly chuck them at Cutler whenever you see him.

TailgateNut
11-29-2011, 10:00 AM
My advice, bring a big box of tampons and repeatedly chuck them at Cutler whenever you see him.

A pacifier would be more appropriate. BTW Cu_tler isn't playing. He has an oweee.:wiggle:

yerner
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Don't be a pussy.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2011, 10:02 AM
I really don't worry much about my manlessness. Obviously, that's a big issue for you.

fixed for you and I have no idea what a bota bag is.

TailgateNut
11-29-2011, 10:45 AM

Sheltered life?

Rohirrim
11-29-2011, 10:52 AM

I'm glad to see that Pony Boy has a male pal to stand behind him. :thumbs:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Sheltered life?

I like to think if I need to carry something around, it is in my pocket or a backpack.

Pony Boy
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM

That's because you still have your man card.

Rohirrim
11-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Wotta couple of troglodytes. :rofl:

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/images/products/2000003427_500.jpg

broncocalijohn
11-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Oh, It is Canteen Boy! Or would that be Bota Boy?

Eldorado
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM
Way to thread jack a mans first bronco game thread.

A$$holes.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM

A$$holes.

Oh, I am sure he is going to be a ok for his thread. This beats another, "Hey, someone said something mean about Tebow" thread. Sometimes, I expect your outburst though. BTW, when your buddy does it and gets all angry in many threads and goes ape **** on posters, do you state the same thing or you let it slide since he is part of your posse?

Pony Boy
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
You could Bota Bag from the Tebowing position but be careful your coco is not too hot .........

Eldorado
11-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Congrats Dreamo. You gonna hit up beef and his crew? There gonna be there.

Pony Boy
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM

A$$holes.

No..... seriously trying to keep Req from showing up at a Bronco game with a bota bag full of hot cocoa around his neck Ha!

strafen
11-29-2011, 11:33 AM
A guy Req's age probably wants to hit up Coyote Ugly.

He's bringing two dudes with him.
Me thinks he'd rather go to a sausage fest :wiggle:

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2011, 11:34 AM
No..... seriously trying to keep Req from showing up at a Bronco game with a bota bag full of hot cocoa around his neck Ha!

I originally read it as "bagota bag." Then I thought that would be pretty gross, but kicking it old school nonetheless.

TailgateNut
11-29-2011, 11:37 AM
I like to think if I need to carry something around, it is in my pocketbook or a fannypack.

There ya go, big boy!;D

It's an old hippee thing. Used to carry it to concerts filled with 'cheap spiked wine' :wiggle:

Pony Boy
11-29-2011, 11:51 AM
There ya go, big boy!;D

It's an old hippee thing. Used to carry it to concerts filled with 'cheap spiked wine' :wiggle:

Yes it was a hippie thing, this is proper way to wear a bota bag. ..................ROFL!

Blueflame
11-29-2011, 02:59 PM
He's bringing two dudes with him.
Me thinks he'd rather go to a sausage fest :wiggle:

We've been to Coyote Ugly... cute little dancer put her butt right in my husband's face. He said he was hoping she hadn't had any beans for lunch. ;D

kamakazi_kal
11-29-2011, 04:01 PM
drink until the mid 4th quarter and then go bonkers in the stands when we win.