PDA

View Full Version : We should have swept the Chargers this year

Peoples Champ
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
We should have swept San Diego.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311009007

If Orton wouldnt have dug such a big whole with his ints and 3 and outs in the first have of Game 1 against san diego this year, we would have won.

After Tebow was put in the game in the second half, the broncos outscored the chargers 14-6.

So really Tebow has beat the Chargers twice.

Popps
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks

troya900
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks

Yeah THANKS AbOrton...now go **** up that ****ty franchise in misery.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 02:15 PM
In other news, if we had committed to Tebow as our starter from the beginning of training camp we'd probably be in sole possession of 1st place in our division right now. Hindsight FTW!!!

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 02:15 PM
sigh and the idiots at espn still think we are a joke now the new talking points is we haven't played anyone with a winning record except Detroit

Gort
11-28-2011, 02:17 PM
sigh and the idiots at espn still think we are a joke now the new talking points is we haven't played anyone with a winning record except Detroit

hatters gonna hat

http://www.findafascinator.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Princess-Beatrice-wedding-hat.jpg

troya900
11-28-2011, 02:18 PM
In other news, if we had committed to Tebow as our starter from the beginning of training camp we'd probably be in sole possession of 1st place in our division right now. Hindsight FTW!!!

I know it's been a little while now, but welcome back from that bull**** ban by Raider Fan.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM

The Jets are 6-5. Is that not a winning record in their delusional reality?

bronco militia
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
the raiders are 7-4

jhns
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM

And the raiders...

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
every week another excuse on why we won granted we need to improve on getting 3rd downs, but damn give Denver some credit we havent been favored i dont think since tebow was named the starter. guess we gonna have to prove to the doubters that we can win and after we beat a winning team what will the excuse be now?

jhns
11-28-2011, 02:25 PM
We should have multiple more wins. The staff didn't want to believe the live NFL game tape from the season before though. Lets hope Tebow is the future at QB as I doubt they suddenly learn how to evaluate one.

Blart
11-28-2011, 02:26 PM
What's really amazing is that we're beating teams on the road.

We're 6-5, but have only 2 home wins.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 02:26 PM
the raiders are 7-4

And again the talking heads make complete fools of themselves...

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM

oh oh they just recently got back in the winning category but i swore they was dissing us because we haven't beaten anyone with a winning record they jump up n down and point at Detroit as them being right. i got soo disgusted i had to change the channel off of espin. i shouldn't let em bug me like that but they are F ing stuck on stupid .

Peoples Champ
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
im just saying, after getting our butts whooped for years by the Chargers, its go to know we can sweep them now, but i guess they are having a rough year and everybody is spanking them so its not too much to brag now.

OrangeSe7en
11-28-2011, 02:32 PM

It's kind of funny though how Oakland hasn't lost since they played us and Miami also went on a run after playing us. To think that people just happened to put it together after they played us is too much of an amazing coincidence. You could even look at KC last night. People were commenting when we won 17-10 while only throwing 8 passes but, when you look at it, how much better did Pittsburgh do against them? And we faced their best QB for most of the game. And, of course, the Jets won against Buffalo after they played us.

Gort
11-28-2011, 02:32 PM
every week another excuse on why we won granted we need to improve on getting 3rd downs, but damn give Denver some credit we havent been favored i dont think since tebow was named the starter. guess we gonna have to prove to the doubters that we can win and after we beat a winning team what will the excuse be now?

it's too threatening to the worldview of the former jocks to admit that the "rules" don't work for Tebow right now. they've all been told that you have to be a certain type of player and be able to do certain things well in order to be an NFL QB. if you don't, you can't play at this level. along comes a guy who doesn't display the necessary polished skillset and they are convinced he can't be successful. the more he is, the more angry it makes them, because they whole-heartedly believe what they've always been told. this is why guys like Esiason cannot get past their anger. it's not only Tebow that has had this directed at him... Flutie dealt with it his whole career too. and many other successful college QBs never even got a shot at the NFL because of the same conventional wisdom. i don't fault these guys for believing what they do. 99% of the time, they would be correct. but there is something about Tebow that makes him both unconventional and still successful. maybe it's a 1-year thing. who knows? as a Broncos fan, i want to enjoy it and want to see him practice those traditional skills, because he could really become a weapon in this league if he does. but the former jocks who are now pundits have too much invested in this issue. they just cannot give him any credit. there's always some reason other than Tebow that explains away the success. and every little mistake (both real and imagined) by Tebow is now elevated to being proof that he can't continue this run forever.

who cares what they think anyway? we stunk under Orton while they all tried to convince us that Orton was actually a very solid starting QB and gave us the best chance to win. any further opinions on the QB of the Broncos were nullified by that blatant error.

BTW, i also know that the reason we are 5-1 with Tebow this year is because the D has really come around. it doesn't negate the contributions of Tebow though. it's just that we're getting a nice contribution from everyone right now.

DomCasual
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
If not for Kyle Orton's bonehead play, we probably would have beaten the Raiders on opening night, too. And, we were driving late in the Titans game - down around their 40 with two minutes left, when he threw an interception (although that one was more on Decker).

There have been two games where we basically had no shot.

Gort
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
If not for Kyle Orton's bonehead play, we probably would have beaten the Raiders on opening night, too. And, we were driving late in the Titans game - down around their 40 with two minutes left, when he threw an interception (although that one was more on Decker).

even with Orton, we should have won that Titans game. Fox refused to bring Tebow in down at the goal line to run a RZ package similar to what the Broncos ran from midway through 2010 (and was unstoppable with in 2010). if we get that TD there, we win the game.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
maybe if tebow curbed stomped someone then they would talk favorably of tebow or get drunk beat a few women or start a dog fighting ring or take roids. i seen it you seen it we all seen it tebow is getting better. the squawking heads are blind and stupid .
he needs to work on some stuff ,but TEBOW IS GETTING BETTER. has anyone else faced such a up hill battle with such rabid critics ?if you can call them that

Peoples Champ
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
It's kind of funny though how Oakland hasn't lost since they played us and Miami also went on a run after playing us. To think that people just happened to put it together after they played us is too much of an amazing coincidence. You could even look at KC last night. People were commenting when we won 17-10 while only throwing 8 passes but, when you look at it, how much better did Pittsburgh do against them? And we faced their best QB for most of the game. And, of course, the Jets won against Buffalo after they played us.

Even if Tebow wins a superbowl, the people on ESPN will say it was the defense and special teams. Tebow will need to get 3 rings before they give him any credit.

DrFate
11-28-2011, 02:40 PM
I was wondering when the 'if Orton didn't suck so bad we would be in first place!' thread would appear.

Today, apparently

DrFate
11-28-2011, 02:42 PM
And again the talking heads make complete fools of themselves...

This was Hoge's reasoning today - Denver has played 'below average to average teams' over the last 6 weeks and 'when they played an above average team' (ie - Detroit), he smugly noted that Denver got blown out.

Keep winning, guys!

55CrushEm
11-28-2011, 02:45 PM
.....and the Raiders.....had Orton not dropped the ball for no reason.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 02:46 PM

but but Ortonary gave us the best chance to win. so says the talking i mean squawking heads .we fans should feel bad for booing statue and calling for Tebow it was because of us the raiders won we hurt pocket sloths feelings and he was depressed and threw a int .
now to sit back and wait for espin to call me and offer me a job
also broncos didn't play anyone with a winning record like detroit. ignore the other teams we played with a winning record .
that espin job is in the bag

OrangeSe7en
11-28-2011, 03:13 PM
but but Ortonary gave us the best chance to win. so says the talking i mean squawking heads .we fans should feel bad for booing statue and calling for Tebow it was because of us the raiders won we hurt pocket sloths feelings and he was depressed and threw a int .
now to sit back and wait for espin to call me and offer me a job
also broncos didn't play anyone with a winning record like detroit. ignore the other teams we played with a winning record .
that espin job is in the bag

Im glad you bring that up. Suddenly all those people making fun of fans paying for billboards and being wrong for listening to your fans got really quiet.

Rolandftw
11-28-2011, 03:42 PM
We had two games that could have went either way. Could have lost both or won both.

OBF1
11-28-2011, 03:42 PM
.....and the Raiders.....had Orton not dropped the ball for no reason.

Aliens :thumbsup:

jhns
11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
We had two games that could have went either way. Could have lost both or won both.

Because Tebow loses close games!

HAT
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
even with Orton, we should have won that Titans game. Fox refused to bring Tebow in down at the goal line to run a RZ package similar to what the Broncos ran from midway through 2010 (and was unstoppable with in 2010). if we get that TD there, we win the game.

This I will 100% agree with. Not having a Tebow package from the beginning was a colossal mistake....Made worse by the fact that the primary reason for not having one was the staff fearing even more of a Tebow outcry with any on field success. Stupid.

HOWEVER......

All this talk about where the team would be "If only Tebow started the season" is pure and utter garbage. Anybody enjoying the current state of affairs should be ecstatic that Tebow did not start the season.

People are fooling themselves if they think Tebow would've benefited from the extra reps/commitment/etc....If they think Fox switches to an offense that plays to Tebow's strengths after 2 games. Nope, no way.

It's far more likely that they take at least 3 weeks to figure out that they need to be something other than conventional. They are probably 0-3 at that point and decide to start installing some zone read. Wouldn't matter against Green bay....0-4. And instead of rallying around any positives Tebow may have shown, his teammates are starting to question WTF Orton is not starting. Uninspired play leads to loss number 5 vs. SD.

Does anyone honestly think that Fox uses the bye week to fully install the current offense & trot Tebow back out vs. Miami? Not a chance. People think that Elway (and to a lesser extent Fox/McCoy) haven't fully backed Tebow during this win streak....What makes you think that they all of sudden throw their entire support behind him at 0-5 or 1-4?

The team, the city, the MSM, everyone but the MacgruderAlphabroncbows of the world would've been begging for Orton at that point. The Orton haters would've been saying "**** it, let's see what Quinn's got".

The Tebow 'experiment' would've been over before it began.

Fox knew exactly when the bye week was coming and did the right thing by rolling the dice with Orton. That was win/win for him. Had Orton and the D played better...The Tebow talk subsides (at least temporarily). Since they didn't...Tebow became an easy sell at the bye and they jump started it a bit by making the change 2H SD.

DrFate
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
People are fooling themselves if they think Tebow would've benefited from the extra reps/commitment/etc....

I mean, why would any young player benefit from extra reps?

It makes perfect sense if you simply don't think about it!

:kiddingme

HAT
11-28-2011, 03:59 PM
I mean, why would any young player benefit from extra reps?

It makes perfect sense if you simply don't think about it!

:kiddingme

That's all you got out of that?

Any potential gain would've been negated by the staff still trying to force a Miami/Detroit game plan on him for at least the first 3 games. GB was a lost cause no matter what.

Far better that Fox was 'forced' to make QB switch because of the record....And far better that Fox was 'forced' to give zone read a shot b/c they were already past the point of no return with KO.

Had Tebow started the year....Orton would've been starting by the Miami game....Book it.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 04:01 PM
All this talk about where the team would be "If only Tebow started the season" is pure and utter garbage. Anybody enjoying the current state of affairs should be ecstatic that Tebow did not start the season.

I've seen some crazy **** on this board, but man this is something special. The kind of twisted, circular logic it takes to reach a conclusion like that just has to be drug induced. So what is it? Mescaline? LSD? Or was it just good old-fashioned crack?

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Had Tebow started the year....Orton would've been starting by the Miami game....Book it.

Yes, let me get right on that...booking something that happened in an alternate timeline...and done...thanks... ::)

broncogary
11-28-2011, 04:06 PM
We should have swept San Diego.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311009007

If Orton wouldnt have dug such a big whole with his ints and 3 and outs in the first have of Game 1 against san diego this year, we would have won.

After Tebow was put in the game in the second half, the broncos outscored the chargers 14-6.

So really Tebow has beat the Chargers twice.

It's "should of." People around here won't understand it the way you wrote it.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 04:25 PM
damn hat you make alot of good points. i dont think you belong here hell you should write for the denver post. lol

DrFate
11-28-2011, 04:28 PM
That's all you got out of that?

pretty much, yeah - there were a lot of words but not a lot being said...

HAT
11-28-2011, 04:50 PM
I've seen some crazy **** on this board, but man this is something special. The kind of twisted, circular logic it takes to reach a conclusion like that just has to be drug induced. So what is it? Mescaline? LSD? Or was it just good old-fashioned crack?

It's just connecting the dots Ag. I said pretty much the same thing in August & actually predicted exactly how it would go down.....Tebow starting the Miami game.

Answer me this: How is it that the people who are still crying "zomg, the coaches and FO don't support Teebz!" (During a win streak no less) actually think Tebow wouldn't have gotten his assed benched at the bye if Orton hadn't seen the field yet?

Is it that you think a Tebow led Broncos would've been something rather than 1-4 at the bye? Do you honestly think Fox scraps his intended offensive scheme for a zone read after 3 or 4 games into his Bronco tenure?

Because if not, logic (and box scores) dictates that Denver is no better than 1-4 at the bye. There's no denying that Denver had a "QB controversy" in August & September and when you have that & a sh*tty record...QBs get replaced.

All I'm saying is I'm glad it went down the way it did as opposed to even the slightest chance of going down as I'm now postulating.

Can you agree with that?

DrFate
11-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Do you honestly think Fox scraps his intended offensive scheme for a zone read after 3 or 4 games into his Bronco tenure?

So it is unthinkable that Fox scraps his offensive scheme after 3 or 4 games but perfectly reasonable he does the same thing after 6 games? I really don't think that makes any sense...

HAT
11-28-2011, 11:00 PM
So it is unthinkable that Fox scraps his offensive scheme after 3 or 4 games but perfectly reasonable he does the same thing after 6 games? I really don't think that makes any sense...

Then you are a ****ing idiot who keeps missing the point....

Scrap it after 6 games when you've already benched the traditional "pro-style" QB after your bye......Yes.

Scrap it after 3 or 4 games when you've tried to pigeon hole an experimental & controversial QB into a traditional offense when you still have a .500-ish "pro-style" QB who hasn't taken a snap yet....Yeah, no.

Just admit that I'm 100% correct here and we'll all be glad it went down like it did. Otherwise, we'd be arguing who should start week to week...Quinn or Orton.

It's not that hard FFS.

Que
11-28-2011, 11:50 PM
A playoff berth quiets them down. A playoff win shuts them the hell up

ant1999e
11-29-2011, 04:17 AM
Thanks

This guy's LOL a real douche.

Jay3
11-29-2011, 04:35 AM
It all relates back to the fatal mistake -- McD should have never signed Orton to that one year extension. If they didn't want Tebow to come in and start as a rookie, they should have had Orton play out the 2010 season and then just go. Gear everything towards finding out what Tebow can do. (He still hasn't had the practice that will benefit him -- he gets better from actually doing it).

But Orton has some kind of magic spell that makes people think he's going to become a winner.

Everything after that resigning of Orton has been a matter of choosing between difficult choices.

jhns
11-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Then you are a ****ing idiot who keeps missing the point....

Scrap it after 6 games when you've already benched the traditional "pro-style" QB after your bye......Yes.

Scrap it after 3 or 4 games when you've tried to pigeon hole an experimental & controversial QB into a traditional offense when you still have a .500-ish "pro-style" QB who hasn't taken a snap yet....Yeah, no.

Just admit that I'm 100% correct here and we'll all be glad it went down like it did. Otherwise, we'd be arguing who should start week to week...Quinn or Orton.

It's not that hard FFS.

You will never be correct because you fail at basic logic. We gave Orton away mid season. You think we keep him on roster if Tebow starts from day one? You also assume Tebow fails, which is retarded. He put up more points, and a better win %, in that offense. Nothing you say makes any sense.

jhns
11-29-2011, 07:18 AM
It all relates back to the fatal mistake -- McD should have never signed Orton to that one year extension. If they didn't want Tebow to come in and start as a rookie, they should have had Orton play out the 2010 season and then just go. Gear everything towards finding out what Tebow can do. (He still hasn't had the practice that will benefit him -- he gets better from actually doing it).

But Orton has some kind of magic spell that makes people think he's going to become a winner.

Everything after that resigning of Orton has been a matter of choosing between difficult choices.

Chicago is horrible with QBs and they didn't have a problem seeing who Orton was. McDaniels was just a dumbass. Fox hasn't exactly been good with QBs either. Lets hope Tebow is the answer as I like what he is doing with the team.