PDA

View Full Version : All three phases!

Dagmar
11-28-2011, 12:57 PM
With all of the arguing about how we are winning isn't Fox practicing what McDaniels preached (but failed miserably?).

Offense - excellent running and smart QB play
Defense - great pressure giving up very few points
Special team - punting winning the field position and we've got good return guys.

It's not all Tebow or Von or playing bad teams! All three phases and it's a joy to watch.

alkemical
11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
I thought we were talkin'bout truth.

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 12:59 PM
No one can sell short of what Colquitt is doing this season. It doesnt mean too much until you add this defense into the mix. The bickering is for the offensive side of the ball but the two mentioned above helps us win very close and low scoring games. Nice to know that most fell the offense will get better and not worse so a playoff run is now surprisingly in our grasp.

broncosteven
11-28-2011, 01:23 PM
But no one has had the balls to call a Tackle eligible screen play in the redzone since!

I think that is for a reason though...

strafen
11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
With all of the arguing about how we are winning isn't Fox practicing what McDaniels preached (but failed miserably?).

Special team - punting winning the field position and we've got good return guys.

It's not all Tebow or Von or playing bad teams! All three phases and it's a joy to watch.Take Tebow and Von out, and then tell me how'd your 3 phases do...

TonyR
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I heard that Timmy is inspiring Colquitt to punt better...

ICON
11-28-2011, 01:40 PM
SD averaging 25 points per game at home and we held them to 13, And that was their lowest total all year. Our defense are playing with more heart and determination than I've seen in a long time,Without a doubt, the D and ST's are playing really good.

Oct 23 MIA 15
Oct 30 DET 45
Nov 06 OAK 24
Nov 13 KC 10
Nov 17 NYJ 13
Nov 27 SD 13

Armchair Bronco
11-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Why give all the credit to McStalin?

Didn't Shanny used to always say this: "When you play hard on offense, defense, and special teams, good things will happen."

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 01:48 PM

It's not all Tebow or Von or playing bad teams! All three phases and it's a joy to watch.

Yes indeed.

jhns
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM

Didn't Shanny used to always say this: "When you play hard on offense, defense, and special teams, good things will happen."

Or any coach ever. Dagmar has always been a McFan though.

It is nice to see everything working though.

TotallyScrewed
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM
No one can sell short of what Colquitt is doing this season. It doesnt mean too much until you add this defense into the mix. The bickering is for the offensive side of the ball but the two mentioned above helps us win very close and low scoring games. Nice to know that most fell the offense will get better and not worse so a playoff run is now surprisingly in our grasp.

And Prater and the kick-off coverage has been clutch (even with onsides recovery!). All three phases are doing great!

It makes it much easier to have an "oops" without it costing you a game!

Also, for the most part, Denver is getting some good returns.

Well done, TEAM!!

HAT
11-28-2011, 02:00 PM

Wait, wut?

Where did the OP give any credit to McD ???

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
But no one has had the balls to call a Tackle eligible screen play in the redzone since!

I think that is for a reason though...

Haa, I tweeted to clady we need to use it so he can show eddie how its done with this hashtag.

#thingsonlyjoshwoulddo

He liked that and retweeted to all his followers. So stupid of mc Douche.

Broncos4me
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Wait, wut?

He didn't. In fact if you read it correctly, what he was saying was that McDaniels pushed the philosophy, but failed at practicing what he preached. At a minimum, this means he can't perform, but if taken further implies he was a snake oil salesman-fraud, promising what he could not actually provide.

Armchair Bronco
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Wait, wut?

He wrote: "With all of the arguing about how we are winning isn't Fox practicing what McDaniels preached (but failed miserably?)."

This suggests that the the idea of playing well on offense, defense and special teams was McStalin's idea. But I'm arguing that it was actually Shannyham who dreamed up this magic combination, that's all.

:thumbsup:

TotallyScrewed
11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
He wrote: "With all of the arguing about how we are winning isn't Fox practicing what McDaniels preached (but failed miserably?)."

This suggests that the the idea of playing well on offense, defense and special teams was McStalin's idea. But I'm arguing that it was actually Shannyham who dreamed up this magic combination, that's all.

And here I thought that you were showing us classic coach-speak.

Slightly Soiled
11-28-2011, 02:40 PM

This.

I'm getting sick of hearing how ugly this style of football is. It is anything but boring .....except they win all of them.

Vine
11-28-2011, 03:01 PM
SD averaging 25 points per game at home and we held them to 13, And that was their lowest total all year. Our defense are playing with more heart and determination than I've seen in a long time,Without a doubt, the D and ST's are playing really good.

Oct 23 MIA 15
Oct 30 DET 45
Nov 06 OAK 24
Nov 13 KC 10
Nov 17 NYJ 13
Nov 27 SD 13

Also, that 13 allowed was for nearly 5 quarters of football.

Dagmar
11-28-2011, 03:52 PM
He didn't. In fact if you read it correctly, what he was saying was that McDaniels pushed the philosophy, but failed at practicing what he preached. At a minimum, this means he can't perform, but if taken further implies he was a snake oil salesman-fraud, promising what he could not actually provide.

This is what I wrote, some people see McD's name and start foaming at the mouth though.

McD preached it and never came through, Fox, instead of flapping his gums is showing it on the field.

Dagmar
11-28-2011, 03:55 PM

No, it's about the last coach (who I supported until the Raiders destruction) being all talk whereas Fox is showing it on the field.

Again - excellent running, smart QB play, great pressure and overall D and special teams - kick and return game excelling.

Was supposed to be positive.

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 04:41 PM
This is what I wrote, some people see McD's name and start foaming at the mouth though.

McD preached it and never came through, Fox, instead of flapping his gums is showing it on the field.

McD laid the foundation for the ST's that we see this year by building team speed. Shanny's teams were slow.

Pendejo
11-28-2011, 05:01 PM

Absolutely.