PDA

View Full Version : Urban Meyer Takes Ohio State Job

Turd_Ferguson
11-28-2011, 06:09 AM
After retiring from the Gators due to "health reasons", and then denying that he had been offered the job or his interest in the the job, Urban Meyer has accepted the head coaching position at Ohio State. I guess his health issues were directly related to the SEC and coaching a floundering Gators team. He really Nick Sabaned Florida (LSU/Dolphins style). Good for him.

rock
11-28-2011, 06:11 AM
There's no comparison between Saban and Meyer. Saban left to try his hand at the highest level of football and didn't like it.

Meyer just quit on Florida and IMO, will not be able to handle the pressure at Ohio State and will end up quitting yet again. I give him 3 years max.

MajorGCG
11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
He's not the same coach that came to UF from Utah. If not for the conference being A LOT easier, I think Meyer would have a tougher time and I don't think he'll have the same level of success he did at Florida.

Turd_Ferguson
11-28-2011, 06:16 AM
There's no comparison between Saban and Meyer. Saban left to try his hand at the highest level of football and didn't like it.

Meyer just quit on Florida and IMO, will not be able to handle the pressure at Ohio State and will end up quitting yet again. I give him 3 years max.

Sorta like how Saban just quit on the Dolphins cause he couldn't handle the pressure of the NFL. Him and Saban are probably best buds. They probably go to SEC wife swapping parties together.

FantomForce
11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Worst kept secret ever

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-28-2011, 06:23 AM
In other news, the sky is blue, and water is wet.

Goobzilla
11-28-2011, 06:47 AM
Glad to see he's all better now. What a dik.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 06:48 AM
After retiring from the Gators due to "health reasons", and then denying that he had been offered the job or his interest in the the job, Urban Meyer has accepted the head coaching position at Ohio State. I guess his health issues were directly related to the SEC and coaching a floundering Gators team. He really Nick Sabaned Florida (LSU/Dolphins style). Good for him.

His "health issues" were heartbreak when Tebow left him. Nothing more.

rock
11-28-2011, 06:51 AM
Sorta like how Saban just quit on the Dolphins cause he couldn't handle the pressure of the NFL. Him and Saban are probably best buds. They probably go to SEC wife swapping parties together.

No. The pressure at Bama is, in my opinion, greater at Bama than with the Dolphins.

Saban didn't like the NFL and went back to what he loved.

jhns
11-28-2011, 07:04 AM
I am a Nebraska fan and I hope he does well. It is fun being in a much better conference. If Ohio St gets good again, there could be three teams ranked in each division every year. Much better than the old Big 12.

Pick Six
11-28-2011, 08:52 AM
His "health issues" were heartbreak when Tebow left him. Nothing more.

He should have waited for the Colorado job to open up. Then, he can be closer to "The One"...

StugotsIII
11-28-2011, 09:09 AM
5 star recruits already jumping ship to OSU...

go_broncos
11-28-2011, 09:14 AM
It's his personnel choice.
Good luck to him..

go_broncos
11-28-2011, 09:16 AM

Mr.Good guy - Should he just stuck with his decision for the entire life?

StugotsIII
11-28-2011, 09:52 AM
His "health problem" wasn't all that serious. He wanted to:

1. Spend some time with his family
2. Position himself of the OSU job which he heard would be open. It opened up sooner than expected and he pounced on it.

bronco militia
11-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Go Michigan

Turd_Ferguson
11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Mr.Good guy - Should he just stuck with his decision for the entire life?

I dont really care what he does. I hate Florida, and I hate Ohio St., so I sort of wish he had retired for his entire life after his time at Utah.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
His "health problem" wasn't all that serious. He wanted to:

1. Spend some time with his family
2. Position himself of the OSU job which he heard would be open. It opened up sooner than expected and he pounced on it.

Does he have connections to Ohio State or something? I don't see why he would prefer OSU over Florida otherwise.

Pick Six
11-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Does he have connections to Ohio State or something? I don't see why he would prefer OSU over Florida otherwise.

Paraphrasing what you said earlier, he wouldn't want Florida without Tebow...

Dendave
11-28-2011, 11:44 AM

Yes

1985 St. Xavier HS (OH) (DB)
1986 Ohio State (TE)
1987 Ohio State (WR)
1988 Illinois State (OLB)
1989 Illinois State (QB/WR)
19901995 Colorado State (WR)
19962000 Notre Dame (WR)
20012002 Bowling Green
20032004 Utah
20052010 Florida

StugotsIII
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM

He grew up in Ohio idolizing OSU.

His father was a life long Buckeye fan and his wife is a life long Buckeye fan.

His dream job is at OSU...

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2011, 07:07 PM
He will have a championship within 4 years there.

Turd_Ferguson
11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
He will have a championship within 4 years there.

National or Big Ten?

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2011, 07:21 PM
good for Meyer, he got his dream job. What else did he really need to accomplish at Florida anyway, he won what--2 or 3 national championships at that school?

people need to relax.

barryr
11-28-2011, 07:22 PM
I have to say Meyer is overrated otherwise why would his 2 prized QB's, Tebow and Alex Smith, said to lack in basic fundamentals? It took Smith like 5 years until he finally started putting things together, but even now the 49ers are limiting their passing and winning with a strong defense and running game.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2011, 07:25 PM
I have to say Meyer is overrated otherwise why would his 2 prized QB's, Tebow and Alex Smith, said to lack in basic fundamentals? It took Smith like 5 years until he finally started putting things together, but even now the 49ers are limiting their passing and winning with a strong defense and running game.

yah, because it's a college coaches job to prepare them for the NFL right? Not sure what your point is unless you actually have no point, then I get your point.

barryr
11-28-2011, 07:32 PM
yah, because it's a college coaches job to prepare them for the NFL right? Not sure what your point is unless you actually have no point, then I get your point.

Usually it is a coach's job to help a player get better, especially with basic fundamentals. Whether that means prepared for the NFL, well a coach that cares might worry about that for his players.

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2011, 08:12 PM

LOL 2 national titles and an undefeated year at UTAH and a BCS bustin win. If he is overrated I wonder who isn't.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Usually it is a coach's job to help a player get better, especially with basic fundamentals. Whether that means prepared for the NFL, well a coach that cares might worry about that for his players.

It's the coaches job to win national titles brosef. Yah, he needs the players and the players have to execute but they don't have to be technically proficient to win. Many players and teams can win with raw talent more than perfectly executing the game plan and that is what separates the college game from the NFL. Tebow is a great example of this.

Meyer is well known for his love of the game and of the young men he coaches. Again, it's not his job to prep them for the NFL. It's his job to help them win a national championship.

houghtam
11-28-2011, 08:55 PM

Don't forget Michigan State style, as well.