PDA

View Full Version : Step your game up posters, cut the bs

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 01:42 AM
I love talking football. The current Tebow debate is awesome.

Couldnt create a more polatizing player, lefty, mobile, white, inaccurrate, wins, pro life, etc... Lots to debate. But lets step our game up. More good football analysis, less bs.

More opinion based on quotable facts, not bs off the top of your head.

Example.

Von has played 626 snaps through week 10. Cam Newton, 685. Lets give our Ds total snaps 40 more than Cam Newton who I think has played every down in Car, noone else has a PA.

625 / 725 is 86%.

REV said he only plays 66% of snaps.

REV is FOS, and if you take his opinions seriously you do at your own peril of ignorance. He throws up ridiculous stats that truly distort any sense of truth or reality.

He does this to justify his horrible takes.

Furthermore, how can you take serious anyone who has such a lack of attention to detail,

he thinks our most effective def player plays literally 1/5 th as many snaps as he really does.

This is our highest true draft pick ever, and he spews out he sits a THIRD of the snaps!!!

& then dares to compare him to PP. 66%... Sad.

& dares to question how close I or others watch the game....

66% vs 86%. Undressing this guy is easy. Not sure why people give him any time.

Just to top it all off, he is supposed to be a diehard bronco fan.... Lmao, and comes here with this rev persona, and spews a sermon of lies and nonsense backed up with more lies.

If he is such a diehard fan, how can you say something so stupid like Von Miller sits on 33% of def snaps.

Its called talking out of your ass and making up bs to back it up.

Pathetic ” analysis”.

We can do better. Myself as well. Lets get real, REAL. Stop the ridiculous extremes, and talk about what is real, not conspiracies, or lame bert pics, but talk real football. I actually was offered a spot on PFW talking on sporting news boards, you never know whose listening.

Cheers! Go Broncos!

6-5!!

beardedwonder
11-28-2011, 01:49 AM
No he's black and pro choice #thetruth

Archer81
11-28-2011, 02:15 AM
As mentioned in another thread. Denver has played 733 snaps through this week. 626 of 733 is 85%. 66% is 483. Not sure if you saw my earlier post, but where did you get 626?

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
11-28-2011, 04:16 AM
Elway wants Von Miller to fail.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 05:14 AM

Couldnt create a more polatizing player, lefty, mobile, white, inaccurrate, wins, pro life, etc... Lots to debate. But lets step our game up. More good football analysis, less bs.

Example.

Von has played 626 snaps through week 10. Cam Newton, 685. Lets give our Ds total snaps 40 more than Cam Newton who I think has played every down in Car, noone else has a PA.

625 / 725 is 86%.

REV is FOS, and if you take his opinions seriously you do at your own peril of ignorance. He throws up ridiculous stats that truly distort any sense of truth or reality.

Furthermore, how can you take serious anyone who has such a lack of attention to detail,

he thinks our most effective def player plays literally 1/5 th as many snaps as he really does.

This is our highest true draft pick ever, and he spews out he sits a THIRD of the snaps!!!

Just to top it all off, he is supposed to be a diehard bronco fan.... Lmao, and comes here with this rev persona, and spews a sermon of lies and nonsense backed up with more lies.

If he is such a diehard fan, how can you say something so stupid like Von Miller sits on 33% of def snaps.

Pathetic ” analysis”.

We can do better. Myself as well. Lets get real, REAL. Stop the ridiculous extremes, and talk about what is real, not conspiracies, or lame bert pics, but talk real football. I actually was offered a spot on PFW talking on sporting news boards, you never know whose listening.

Cheers! Go Broncos!

6-5!!The Rev gets on all our nerves but he has good posts mixed in with his bs just like anyone else. ...You claim to want to cut the BS? Lets make a thread about it then call someone out ..

jhns
11-28-2011, 05:43 AM
You mad.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 05:49 AM
You mad.wait for it....

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2011, 06:24 AM
Oh he mad

Paladin
11-28-2011, 06:29 AM
*popcorn*

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 07:00 AM
"Ted Sunquist told me a sack = 2 points"

"Carter is a pussy because he goes for sure tackles instead of highlight hits"

Want to cut the "bs"? Best way to do that is for you to stop talking.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 07:01 AM
PS. Lol u mad

errand
11-28-2011, 07:02 AM
And this is what hero worshipping gets you......

People love Tebow more than they love the broncos which is fine but yet they have to trash everybody else on the team to support him... and God forbid if you criticize the lad.

Now we have a guy with the name Von in his name complaining that somebody said something about Von... and because he doesn't like it, he starts an entire thread to b**** about it.

And because myself, who does not engage in hero worship b****es about this I will be labelled a hater of some kind

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 07:04 AM

People love Tebow more than they love the broncos which is find but yet they have to trash everybody else on the team to support him... and God forbid if you criticize the lad.

Now we have a guy with the name Von in his name complaining that somebody said something about Von... and because he doesn't like it, he starts an entire thread to b**** about it.

And because myself, who does not engage in hero worship b****es about this I will be labelled a hater of some kind

Brb making a thread about it

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 07:08 AM

People love Tebow more than they love the broncos which is fine but yet they have to trash everybody else on the team to support him... and God forbid if you criticize the lad.

HATER!!!!

RhymesayersDU
11-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Great thread.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-28-2011, 07:27 AM
No he's black and pro choice #thetruth

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/black-tebow.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Hero worshiping is the new projecting

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 07:28 AM
"Carter is a p***Y because he goes for sure tackles instead of highlight hits" .

I called out carter for not hitting a fb in the open field running free into our endzone, where was his sure tackling on that play. Again facts and results prove you wrong.

And how is it bs when I inject what nfl gms use to quantify sacks when comparing Vons sacks to PP punt returns. I even gave examples off the top of my head I doubt anyone else here could where it doesn't hold true, thought of another, rodgers. I am way better than you at analysis of football.

Tell us all how Von sits 1/3 of the snaps you buffoon.

Do you even watch?

How do you call yourself a bronco fan and make up bs like that.

How can you look at yourself in the mirror, and be proud of what you see.

Go look in the mirror, and ask, why do I make up total bs stats to justify my stupid opinion?

Unless you REALLY thought he sits 33% of the snaps?

So I end with this.

Which is it Rev?

You have two choices.

Are you

A. such a dumbass you actually believed he sat 1/3 if the time, making you the worlds worst broncofan / internet message board wannabe analyst ever.

Or

B. A dishonest poster that makes up fake stats and lies to justify his weak opinions.

Either way, you are a fraud, step your game up.

A or B rev, you choose.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 07:30 AM
Step our game up by starting threads like this? Okay... ::)

Rolandftw
11-28-2011, 07:36 AM
The "von miller got benched" crap is silly. Just because a player sits out for a handful of plays, doesn't mean he is "benched" in the first place.

At least to me I see a benching as someone getting taken out of the game that doesn't come back.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 07:36 AM

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 07:37 AM
Okay, I'll actually take this thread seriously just for a moment.

Here's some honest advice and take it or leave it, I promise whatever you decide won't effect me in any way, shape or form, but:

You might want to consider taking the energy you use to follow me around, complain about me, downright make **** up about me and claim I said things I actually didn't into just real football posts. It would do a lot more for the posting to "step up" if you did, don't you think?

But I digress, I think we all know the route you're actually going to take, so good luck with that.

oubronco
11-28-2011, 07:40 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/black-tebow.jpg

LOL Hilarious! :spit:

Boobs McGee
11-28-2011, 07:42 AM
Maven?

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 07:42 AM
What do we win if we are right on a internet message board. cause if there is food involved ill smash all ya'll

bronco_diesel
11-28-2011, 07:54 AM
This thread title had potential...

I thought this would be a topic for OM'ers to put aside the silly antict and show some maturity. Oh well...

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 07:57 AM

I thought this would be a topic for OM'ers to put aside the silly antict and show some maturity. Oh well...

So did i, It wasn't, so i piled on.

Goobzilla
11-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Don't forget to use words like buffoon and dumbass while creating a thread about cutting the BS

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Again Rev are you :

A. such a dumbass you actually believed he sat 1/3 if the time, making you the worlds worst broncofan / internet message board wannabe analyst ever.

Or

B. A dishonest poster that makes up fake stats and lies to justify his weak opinions.

A or B rev, you choose.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:09 AM
http://www.gifflix.com/files/a4aae5d75c73.gif

maher_tyler
11-28-2011, 08:10 AM

Example.

625 / 725 is 86%.

Pathetic ” analysis”.

Cheers! Go Broncos!

6-5!!

You want to talk football but then turn around and call out a poster in the same post??? How exactly did you think this thread was going to turn out when you hit the submit button??

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Von actually looks like he plays about 90%, not the 66% rev said.

maher_tyler
11-28-2011, 08:13 AM
I called out carter for not hitting a fb in the open field running free into our endzone, where was his sure tackling on that play. Again facts and results prove you wrong.

And how is it bs when I inject what nfl gms use to quantify sacks when comparing Vons sacks to PP punt returns. I even gave examples off the top of my head I doubt anyone else here could where it doesn't hold true, thought of another, rodgers. I am way better than you at analysis of football.

Tell us all how Von sits 1/3 of the snaps you buffoon.

Do you even watch?

Go look in the mirror, and ask, why do I make up total bs stats to justify my stupid opinion?

Unless you REALLY thought he sits 33% of the snaps?

So I end with this.

Which is it Rev?

You have two choices.

Are you

Or

Either way, you are a fraud, step your game up.

A or B rev, you choose.

Hilarious!Hilarious!

Classic!

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:15 AM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/12/23/128745315441887535.jpg

hookemhess
11-28-2011, 08:18 AM
PS. Lol u mad

He throws up ridiculous stats that truly distort any sense of truth or reality.

To be fair, your tag line says "42.7% of all statistics... are made up on the spot."

http://media.desura.com/cache/images/members/1/431/430462/thumb_940x3000/TrollFaceDancing.gif

Dedhed
11-28-2011, 08:20 AM
The irony in here is thick.

GreatBronco16
11-28-2011, 08:21 AM
In on page 1.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:22 AM
Good pt hookem, at least he freely admits he is FOS and will make up any bs to justify his weak takes.

Hey Rev, question for ya...

Are you :

Or

A or B rev, you choose.

hookemhess
11-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Good pt hookem, at least he freely admits he is FOS and will make up any bs to justify his weak takes.

Are you :

Or

A or B rev, you choose.

FTR, I have no dog in this fight.... just stirring the pot because

http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/This-Thread-Delivers/1/ike_where_this_thread_is_going-vi.jpg

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:24 AM
To be fair, your tag line says "42.7% of all statistics... are made up on the spot."

[IMG]http://media.desura.com/cache/images/members/1/431/430462/thumb_940x3000/TrollFaceDancing.gif[IMG]

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/LlamasCanDance/poker-face_meme_reasonably_small.jpg

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Again Rev are you :

Or

A or B rev, you choose.

Dedhed

Are you :

Or

A or B rev, you choose.

You are

A-Such a dumbass you don't recognize the irony of your own thread.

B-Such a douche that you revel in the irony of your own thread.

Agamemnon
You are

A-Such a dumbass you don't recognize the irony of your own thread.

B-Such a douche that you revel in the irony of your own thread.

Hilarious!

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Again Rev are you :

Or

A or B rev, you choose.

Okay, now that you've really shown some obsession going off on this limb for about 24 solid hours, let's play.

Show me where I said that.

hookemhess
11-28-2011, 08:37 AM
Okay, now that you've really shown some obsession going off on this limb for about 24 solid hours, let's play.

Show me where I said that.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ACaDF0kiT5I/TMCwwJujkJI/AAAAAAAAAw4/L2fawpJkYTg/s1600/crickets.jpg

AlphaSeirra
11-28-2011, 08:38 AM
And this is what (Tebow) hero worshipping gets you......

You mean like all of the ones that are still living in the far past by swinging on the
'can do no wrong' Saint John jockstrap? :notworthy

Is that the kind of hero-worship you're talking about ???

:wiggle: -- :welcome:

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:43 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3393501&postcount=78

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Gonna help this scrub out. Here's what I said:

...and how many games has he been benched on base downs now?

4 or 5? Maybe more?

When you take that over 11 games, it comes out to 80-90%, or the same thing he's guessing:

Von actually looks like he plays about 90%, not the 66% rev said.

So while it's fun to see you get so worked up over something I didn't say and make a fool of yourself for a full day, all good things must come to an end.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:45 AM

http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

:spit:

Are you kidding me or serious?!??!

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:46 AM

Are you :

A. Such a stupidass you actually think he sits 33% of the snaps. If so, you are the worst poster on this board, he plays at least 90%. Over 11 games, how can you be so blind/stupid???

Or

B. Were you just making up bs to justify your weak opinion.

Either way, you are a fraud.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Thats right, post sesame st pics.

Are you :

A. Such a stupidass you actually think he sits 33% of the snaps. If so, you are the worst poster on this board, he playsatleast 90%. Over 11 games, how can you be so blind/stupid

Or

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Dude... you should take reading classes.

This is embarrassing to even watch.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Holy crap, this is an epic meltdown.

I don't get the hate for Rev, I've met the guy and he seems both intelligent and cool. And earlier in the season, Miller was getting benched with regularity as he was botching his coverage assignments. He's gotten more comfortable so that seems to have stopped.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Rev - if you drunk, just say so.

Is Von Miller really ”not a 3 down player” that is replaced on ” a good third of the downs by haggan” ???

That is exactly what you said.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Dude... you should take reading classes.

This is embarrassing to even watch.

You are embarrassing.

Rev, you asked where you said it.

Its posted right there.

Now what?

Are you :

A. Such a stupidass you actually think he sits 33% of the snaps. If so, you are the worst poster on this board, he playsatleast 90%. Over 11 games, how can you be so blind/stupid

Or

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 08:56 AM

I don't get the hate for Rev, I've met the guy and he seems both intelligent and cool. And earlier in the season, Miller was getting benched with regularity as he was botching his coverage assignments. He's gotten more comfortable so that seems to have stopped.

I like Rev honestly. But he can definitely be an annoyingly obstinate turd sometimes. Then again so can I...

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Rev - if you drunk, just say so.

Is Von Miller really ”not a 3 down player” that is replaced on ” a good third of the downs by haggan” ???

That is exactly what you said.

Um yeah, Haggan played a good third of the downs yesterday... you're the one deciding to take that over a full season.

Wondering how you disagree with that and say:

Haggan doesnt split time with him. Haggan comes in when Von plays stupid like he did today crashing in as the chiefs went wide and he didnt contain and ditched his responsibility, but once he came back that was it.

(PS. We played the Chargers not the Chiefs. Good eye bro!)

He was benched again for haggan for being out of position yet again, as matthews ran wild to our left. Great to see him come back and take over the 2nd half.

First half only. Again, I was first to say he got benched, I saw him immediatel6 lose gap responsibility, posted in thread. I didnt see hagan in the 2nd half. Could be wrong though.

Get a hold of yourself for once.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Would someone please photo shop Von in here.

Chris
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
You are just giving more attention to a guy that is just here for a massive ego stroke.

TheReverend

This guy has some complex with me.

He used to PM me "insider" stuff to try and get my attention claiming Orton hates black people and other tidbits to try and impress me for whatever reason. I'd respond with "cool man" or some other sentence fragment blow off.

Now he has some sort of bone to pick because he looks really stupid for calling Carter a "pussy" considering Carter's been one of the bigger pieces in this 5-1 hot streak.

It's fun to watch and that's all that matters.

vonqkilla

Im just sick of bs thrown around like Von ” sits 1/3 of the snaps”

Thats over 235 snaps rev thinks haggan is playing and von isnt.

How can any bronco fan be so blind/ stupid?

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Im just sick of bs thrown around like Von ” sits 1/3 of the snaps”

Thats over 235 snaps rev thinks haggan is playing and von isnt.

How can any bronco fan be so blind/ stupid?

No. No that's not. It's about 15 yesterday you idiot.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Lmfao, and Von Miller isnt a 3 down player. Just sad.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Lmfao, and Von Miller isnt a 3 down player. Just sad.

You want serious. How about this. Have you ever made a error in anytihng you have said?

Something tells me even if you did you are too chidlish to ever admit it. but hey i am going with a small sample here.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 09:11 AM
What down does he sit?

1St

2Nd

3Rd

?

Lol

Spider
11-28-2011, 09:12 AM
You want serious. How about this. Have you ever made a error in anytihng you have said?

Something tells me even if you did you are too chidlish to ever admit it. but hey i am going with a small sample here.

A mistake is one thing , but claiming Miller is a 3rd down player ..........

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 09:13 AM
This thread need a theme song (http://www.ridhughz.demon.co.uk/wav/goodbadugly.wav)

Spider
11-28-2011, 09:14 AM
This thread need a theme song (http://www.ridhughz.demon.co.uk/wav/goodbadugly.wav)

:thumbsup:

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 09:20 AM

How about this... If rev meant only yesterday, he's still wrong on 33%, bigtime, and he didn't.

But if he did, I take back the % diff over the season.

Does that excuse this stupidity?

Von Miller IS NOT a 3 down player

Just stupidity encapsulated.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 09:23 AM
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute.

It reminds me of when little kids try to climb obstacles that are way too big for them. The persistence is adorable but their frustration is also very sad.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 09:24 AM

PS. Week 17 we'll be out that way if you're watching the game there again.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I didn't read the thread. but hey check this out, I wouldn't have drafted Von, I would have taken dareus ... and so would have about 99.9 percent of the rest of the mane. People make outlandish statements all the time, It's the mane.

What i take issue with is. Chest thumpers.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM

Um, as of yesterday the coaching staff didn't think he was when they benched him early in the game on running downs.

That's the reality of what happened. It's not a knock on him. **** I even said this:

The biggest difference maker?

Maybe.

He's my favorite for sure. I LIKE the over-aggressive behavior.

I LIKE attacking, gap discipline be damned.

But there are guys quietly getting it done so he can look pretty at the same time. And quite frankly, the coaching staff probably deserves more of the credit than any personnel changes we've made.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 09:47 AM
How about this... If rev meant only yesterday, he's still wrong on 33%, bigtime, and he didn't.

But if he did, I take back the % diff over the season.

Does that excuse this stupidity?

Just stupidity encapsulated.

NOONE knew Von would be a three down player in the NFL alot of folks said he was a 3-4 only player. then the senior bowl where he blew it up at OLB in a 4-3. Noone would have guessed may 1st that he would be a 10 sack guy in a four three.

Just remember never make a mistake or people are gonna be on you like a bum on a ham sammich

Pick Six
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Seriously. I was going to rep the OP for making this thread, but it turned out to be a dud. We get along with RIVAL fans, better than we get along with fellow Broncos fans. It's pathetic, and needs to stop. That's why so many good posters have left the site...

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Seriously. I was going to rep the OP for making this thread, but it turned out to be a dud. We get along with RIVAL fans, better than we get along with fellow Broncos fans. It's pathetic, and needs to stop. That's why so many good posters have left the site...

See this is the thing. PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS gonna get along. its the way things work. A message board full of broncos fans. i guess we should all think the same exact same thing on every issue. not gonna happen. the world is CUTHROAT. sure we have common interests but we are none the same person with the same mind

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Um, as of yesterday the coaching staff didn't think he was when they benched him early in the game on running downs.

That's the reality of what happened. It's not a knock on him. **** I even said this:

Again not true at all. First qtr he was playing every down. Every down Rev.

He got replaced by haggan for losing gap responsibility for like 2 series. Right back in there later.

To say he is NOT a 3 down player is just more rev bs. He obviously is a 3 down player, everyone knows that.

Rev also said he isn't in on every package, and splits time, as if by design???

Just ridiculous stuff.

jhns
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Again not true at all. First qtr he was playing every down. Every down Rev.

He got replaced by haggan for losing gap responsibility for like 2 series. Right back in there later.

To say he is NOT a 3 down player is just more rev bs. He obviously is a 3 down player, everone knows that.

Rev also said he isn't in on every package, and splits time, as if by design???

Just ridiculous stuff.

Nothing Rev says will ever be as retarded as people like you calling for Quinn in game threads.

DomCasual
11-28-2011, 10:02 AM

I think some people hate him because he is so overtly gay.

Which is wrong.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Nothing Rev says will ever be as retarded as people like you calling for Quinn in game threads.lol

Spider
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Which is wrong.

I found out he was gay the way he was treating women here on the mane ......Dude has serious anger issues against women

Pick Six
11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
See this is the thing. PEOPLE ARE NOT ALWAYS gonna get along. its the way things work. A message board full of broncos fans. i guess we should all think the same exact same thing on every issue. not gonna happen. the world is CUTHROAT. sure we have common interests but we are none the same person with the same mind

A difference of opinion is a good thing. Calling people names for having a different opinion is a bad thing. That's the distinction...

DomCasual
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
I found out he was gay the way he was treating women here on the mane ......Dude has serious anger issues against women

I found out you were gay when you were listening to Coldplay at that rest stop in Topeka.

bowtown
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM

Which is wrong.

^
This. Why are people so afraid of things that are different?

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM

That's exactly what I said...

Spider
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
I found out you were gay when you were listening to Coldplay at that rest stop in Topeka.

and I just now figured out that you are an Idiot .......

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Do you even watch?

See bold.
LOL! You obviously don't know Rev.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:13 AM

Which is wrong.

Can I help being so fabulous?

bowtown
11-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Can I help being so fabulous?

Small calves.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Small calves.

Ugh its so embarrassing. Not as embarrassing as your pull up prowess though.

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
As much as I love to see TheRev get all riled up and start frothing at the mouth, I would like it noted that vonq(thread)killa is a terrible poster and really drags down the quality of threads around here.

'Step your game up"?? Really?

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:28 AM
As much as I love to see TheRev get all riled up and start frothing at the mouth, I would like it noted that vonq(thread)killa is a terrible poster and really drags down the quality of threads around here.

'Step your game up"?? Really?

The guy who claimed Carter is a pussy and needs to be benched and that Orton hates black people and that sacks are worth 2 poimts is sadly incapable of riling me up

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Well this thread is losing steam fast.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 10:34 AM
That's exactly what I said...

Rev - you said he is NOT A 3 down player, isnt in on every package, and splits time.

Did you drink to much last night. Ill give you benefit of doubt on your 1/3 comment, still not close, he played like 85%.

All of this bs rev. You need to step ur game up, we all do.

Getting benched for two series isnt splitting time, splitting time is sharing, he got yanked, just like last time vs.... The chargers... Lol.

The name calling is so weak.

Chris
11-28-2011, 10:35 AM

This guy is doing the rev a favour.

As I see it, and admittedly this is from someone who dislikes the guy immensely, the reason people probably dislike Rev:

- He's arrogant and if he sees someone that has an "incorrect" take he will pounce on them so he can assert himself. He looks for arguments and he fuels them on purpose. That leads to a lot of animosity around here. I think it's one of the reasons this place is the opposite of the civil way it used to be. It's just internet bullying.

- He's extremely immature... like biblically so for an adult. He'd rather spend a dozen pages in an argument than make peace and move on.

- Just as soon as he's beating up on someone he'll be heaping praise on anyone he thinks he needs to endear himself to.

- He fishes for compliments (look no further than the "Favorite Posters" thread he started) and my personal opinion is that he looks to the mane for validation

- He will constantly call people's contributions to the OM into question, using himself as the model. Sometimes it feels like this is more about X's and O's mixed with verbal MMA than a community spot for broncos fans to hang out and have fun.

- He thinks if you actually take the time to post about why he's pissing you off then you're secretly a "stalker fan" like Steve Buscemi in Billy Madison

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jMo_HcRBnUY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- He sounds like seth green

The reason people probably like Rev:

- He knows his X's and O's and often has good insights, particularly on the podcast
- He has strong opinions and is "no ifs ands or buts" guy. He doesn't go with the flow even if you disagree with him.
- Last I checked a lot of jerks are funny, at least on occasion, even if it's often at someone else's expense. People love watching fireworks.
- He goes after MacGruder
- He sounds like seth green

And I say all that knowing that online behaviour is entirely disparate from real behaviour so if you've met the guy I'm sure he's a normal, genial, entertaining guy.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:36 AM

You can't be for real...

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 10:38 AM
The guy who claimed Carter is a p***Y and needs to be benched and that Orton hates black people and that sacks are worth 2 poimts is sadly incapable of riling me up

Good point.

Back to the q of taking PP over Von, assume they both fulfill their potential. PP becomes a dominant CB and Von dominant three down player:

1) Won't arizona stop letting PP return punts for fear of injury?

2) isn't dominant pass rusher higher on the list than cover CB?

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Strong insecurity in that post Chris. You should read those and see how they reflect at yourself in taking the time to type that out lol.

Why did you leave out that you don't like me because I don't care about you no matter how much you follow me around like a puppy? You and the OP have much in common.

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Strong insecurity in that post Chris. You should read those and see how they reflect at yourself in taking the time to type that out lol.

Why did you leave out that you don't like me because I don't care about you no matter how much you follow me around like a puppy? You and the OP have much in common.

Ignore the idiotic and insecure please. I would like to have a legit football discussion.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Good point.

Back to the q of taking PP over Von, assume they both fulfill their potential. PP becomes a dominant CB and Von dominant three down player:

1) Won't arizona stop letting PP return punts for fear of injury?

2) isn't dominant pass rusher higher on the list than cover CB?

1) Outside of "must win" games, probably

2) For Elway it is (#3 vs #4), but I value a CB over a rusher any day

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 10:46 AM
1) Outside of "must win" games, probably

2) For Elway it is (#3 vs #4), but I value a CB over a rusher any day

This is what I want you to expound on. Simply, why? For me the logic is simple, an excellent pass rush can make competent corners look great, but a poor rush can make great corners beatable. Isn't that what we learned over the last 4 years?

Popps
11-28-2011, 10:46 AM

Keyser Söce is back! Wow, mention him and he will come!

What have you been doing with our time since your Tebow contract conspiracy was (obviously) proven to be nonsense? Thanks for reminding me about your "Von Miller is bad" theory. I forgot about that gem. Hey, you weren't by chance a big fan of drafting Peterson over Miller were you?

LOL

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
The guy who claimed Carter is a p***Y and needs to be benched and that Orton hates black people and that sacks are worth 2 poimts is sadly incapable of riling me up

fact - Carter was a sissy on the reece td.

I never said bench him, I just say, try and tackle next time.

fact - I didn't say orton doesn't like black people, an idiot player did. I told you that in confidentially just to lend perspective to how he was viewed, now you are airing that out.
Real lack of classs rev.

Fact - ted sundquist said gms league wide use 2 pts in an attempt to quantify sacks.
Not me a former nfl gm.
More bs from you. :spit:

Popps
11-28-2011, 10:47 AM
This is what I want you to expound on. Simply, why? For me the logic is simple, an excellent pass rush can make competent corners look great, but a poor rush can make great corners beatable. Isn't that what we learned over the last 4 years?

When you're done with that, hopefully someone can help us understand why the earth is flat.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM

Bailey literally dragged us to the AFCCG

Great coverage means another blitzer and there isn't a pass rusher alive (or dead) that's better than the free runner.

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM
When you're done with that, hopefully someone can help us understand why the earth is flat.

Go away.

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Great coverage means another blitzer and there isn't a pass rusher alive (or dead) that's better than the free runner.

Ok. Got it. Basically, pass rush gets picked up with mediocre corners, you get eaten alive and because you have coverage concerns, you can't blitz. With great corners you can get creative with blitzes and manufacture pressure.

Not sure I buy it, but I understand the logic now.

Here's what I want: Both.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Or a great 4 man rush = another cb in coverage. Which is more risky, blitzing or not?

Evidence, philip rivers to floyd vs goodman round 1 2011.

Atwater vs favre is counter and revs version in sb32.

A good mix works best.

Archer81
11-28-2011, 11:01 AM
What fresh hell is this...

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 11:02 AM

Whats funny is again the results crush revs theory, results are all that matter.

AFCCG....

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 11:03 AM

The adults are discussing the philosophical differences between having a dominant pass rusher and a dominant coverage corner. I'm not sure what the idiots are doing.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Having good players is good.

Kaylore
11-28-2011, 11:06 AM

Which is wrong.

He tried to dry-hump me...twice!

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 11:06 AM

All i know is it has its own theme song (http://www.ridhughz.demon.co.uk/wav/goodbadugly.wav)

Eldorado
11-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Whats funny is again the results crush revs theory, results are all that matter.

AFCCG....

Foxworth got eviscerated in that game and has proven to be mediocre through the rest of his career. I think this, in fact, supports TheRev's theory.

I am struggling with adjectives to describe your level of fail. Seriously, speechless.

Archer81
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
The adults are discussing the philosophical differences between having a dominant pass rusher and a dominant coverage corner. I'm not sure what the idiots are doing.

I see.

It depends on what the particular team values, IMO. The Giants appear to believe that having a dominant pass rush can protect an average secondary. Then you have the Jets who have one shutdown corner and an above average corner in Cromartie that allows them to pull off exotic fronts and blitzes because both guys can play without additional help.

So I guess the answer is it depends?

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
This is awesome...

This is the second time in mere hours of dealing with this guy that:

-Someone has asked me a question

-I've responded

-He's twisted what I've said into something I didn't say and gone back to his talking to himself for multiple posts to same topic technique.

Hey, genius... I never said it was mutually exclusive and to pick just one or the other. I simply said which I believe works better. The Jets have been milking that style to the tune of AFCCG berth's with a horrid QB for years now.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 11:22 AM
He tried to dry-hump me...twice!

Gonna make it three soon

http://kbellicious.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/wink-gif.gif

Archer81
11-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Dry humping going on and I am not involved?

I am mortally offended.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Dry humping going on and I am not involved?

I am mortally offended.

I want him to DISlike it

http://kbellicious.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/wink-gif.gif

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Thanks for validating Chris' post.

Spider
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
good cover guy vs a good pass rusher ?
good pass rusher ,any day o the week , Champ is an enigma , a corner that plays the run just as good as the pass ...... until you find more like Champ , you have to go with a good pass rusher

HAT
11-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Not true. People don't hate blart, Sirch or WAb, right? People that hate on Rev don't do it only because he's gay.

He's just a big personality is all...That rubs some people the wrong way.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Foxworth got eviscerated in that game and has proven to be mediocre through the rest of his career. I think this, in fact, supports TheRev's theory.

I am struggling with adjectives to describe your level of fail. Seriously, speechless.

Did he, or was it our great cb dropping that pick in the first qtr. If champ had one side locked, then why didn't it work. Probably would have if there was any pass rush at all, ben was in a chair in the pocket, picking his spots. We should have blitzed more I think.

Romo blitzed Brunnell a ton, he said he takes the blame for that loss in 96. Sometimes it works, sometimes not because its risky. Better to get a consistent 4 man rush.

Giants vs pats.

HAT
11-28-2011, 11:43 AM
good cover guy vs a good pass rusher ?
good pass rusher ,any day o the week , Champ is an enigma , a corner that plays the run just as good as the pass ...... until you find more like Champ , you have to go with a good pass rusher

You need it all. I'd like to see them go with one of the stud MLB's in the first and then BPA DT or CB in the second.

Spider
11-28-2011, 11:47 AM
You need it all. I'd like to see them go with one of the stud MLB's in the first and then BPA DT or CB in the second.

77 orange crush defense ......... we had it all , 3-4 D , Louis Wright , the original shut down corner , Gradishar , Jackson , Carter ......but if you cant have it all then you go with the pass rusher ........... I really didnt think I had to explain it

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 11:48 AM

Coaches gotta do whatever it takes based on personnel, if you cant get heat, gotta blitz, no corner can cover for more than 4secs reasonably.

There is no answer other than do what it takes to create pressure.

Spider
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
fork I miss Joe Collier ....... Buddy Ryan would have to climb a step ladder just to kiss that mans ass when it came to defense

edog24
11-28-2011, 12:06 PM
It's disappointing that most of the threads this morning are pure garbage.

Spider
11-28-2011, 12:25 PM
It's disappointing that most of the threads this morning are pure garbage.

so then go find something productive to do then

Popps
11-28-2011, 12:40 PM

AFCCG....

We were destroyed in big playoff games for years largely because of our inability to get to the passer. Go back a few years earlier, and we were winning those playoff games... not coincidentally with a couple of disruptive, excellent pass-rushers.

As yourself, who was more important to the 97/98 teams... Crockett and Gordon... or Smith and Williams. I hope I don't need to answer that for anyone.

You start building your defense with a dominant front 7, and work your way back.

Luckily, as you pointed out... we have enough factual backing for this information that we don't need to concern ourselves with message board rhetoric.

Beyond that, we have a perfect mix of both right now with a premiere CB in Champ... and two top-flight pass-rushers.

Miller was, and is the right choice. Anyone who questions that at this point is simply being disingenuous.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 12:51 PM
We were destroyed in big playoff games for years largely because of our inability to get to the passer. Go back a few years earlier, and we were winning those playoff games... not coincidentally with a couple of disruptive, excellent pass-rushers.

As yourself, who was more important to the 97/98 teams... Crockett and Gordon... or Smith and Williams. I hope I don't need to answer that for anyone.

Considering Williams was only a starter for one of those seasons....

You start building your defense with a dominant front 7, and work your way back.

Unless McDaniels is calling the shots, then you LOVE how he revamped the secondary and ignored the front seven.

Luckily, as you pointed out... we have enough factual backing for this information that we don't need to concern ourselves with message board rhetoric.

...what?

Beyond that, we have a perfect mix of both right now with a premiere CB in Champ... and two top-flight pass-rushers.

Miller was, and is the right choice. Anyone who questions that at this point is simply being disingenuous.

Miller was the right choice. IMO, Peterson would've been the right choice as well. Period. People want to blow this up into something's its not well that's on them.

Rolandftw
11-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Dominant defenses in today's NFL are built on the front seven. If you have a defense that can stop the run and get after the QB--makes it a lot easier on the secondary. You have a chance to win games with an average secondary, and great front seven. Almost NO chance with a great secondary and an average front seven.

Champ is awesome, but offenses will just throw away from him. They'll line their best WR in the slot, like Detroit did with Megatron. In the 90's, you might have took the dominant corner. In today's NFL, most GM's will take the pass rusher.

From what I've watched of Peterson, he's a very exciting special teams player... but still a work in progress at best as a cover corner. I'm still not convinced he was even the best cover corner in the draft last year.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Dominant defenses in today's NFL are built on the front seven. If you have a defense that can stop the run and get after the QB--makes it a lot easier on the secondary. You have a chance to win games with an average secondary, and great front seven. Almost NO chance with a great secondary and an average front seven.

Champ is awesome, but offenses will just throw away from him. They'll line their best WR in the slot, like Detroit did with Megatron. In the 90's, you might have took the dominant corner. In today's NFL, most GM's will take the pass rusher.

From what I've watched of Peterson, he's a very exciting special teams player... but still a work in progress at best as a cover corner. I'm still not convinced he was even the best cover corner in the draft last year.

"Our team has no excuses and never would have if Darrelle wouldn't have been here," the Jets coach said. "But I will say this: It makes our job a lot easier ... we're better coaches now; (secondary coach) Dennis Thurman is a better coach today than he was yesterday."

"Everybody's got a piece of that puzzle," Ryan said. "Darrelle's just happens to be much larger."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/09/rex_ryan_darrelle_revis_makes.html

“Quite honestly, he’s the best player in football,” Ryan said, in comments distributed by the team. “That is what you saw out there. Hold Reggie Wayne, who led the league in catches, I think he had 111 catches, to one catch for one yard. That tells you how good Darrelle Revis is. I know he’s probably not going to win the Defensive Player of the Year award, but the impact he has is amazing. We were able to do some coverages during the game where we actually played man-coverage strictly on his side regardless of who the receiver was and roll their coverage away from it. You only do that if you have Darrelle Revis. He’s an amazing once-in-a-life-time player and we took advantage of him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/rex-ryan-darrelle-revis-is-the-best-player-in-the-nfl/

And many, MANY more.

HE'S the engine that drives the Jets front 7, not vice versa.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 01:04 PM

The superbowl 32 team was worst vs run in almost the whole league. Alot of that pressure came from Robinson's blitzes from all over. Yancey Thigpen killed Gordon in pitts regular season that year. He was pretty so so corner. Crockett to me was really good. I would say it was a great situational veteran defense.

That Giant D vs Pats set the blueprint for beating Brady.

This Packer squad is a whole other animal. Whatever the bucs did, c opy that.

From what I saw, press cover wrs and lean on your dl.

HAT
11-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Miller was the right choice. IMO, Peterson would've been the right choice as well. Period. People want to blow this up into something's its not well that's on them.

I'm with you on this and have no idea why you are taking so much heat on this.

My gut feeling is the majority of posters giving said heat were probably just pissed when Denver took Von over Fairley or Dareus. "ZOMG, we needz moar DT"

Now they'd rather just point out that the PP supporters were "wrong" also.

With Miller's emergence though, I do think Denver would be better served by passing on a 1st round CB again. Get him a stud MLB or DT and the secondary remains at least serviceable if Harris keeps progressing & Syd makes it back.

Broncbow
11-28-2011, 01:07 PM
“Quite honestly, he’s the best player in football,” Ryan said

He looked like the best player in Football when Tebow was coming at him like a freight trane down the sideline. ;D

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm with you on this and have no idea why you are taking so much heat on this.

My gut feeling is the majority of posters giving said heat were probably just pissed when Denver took Von over Fairley or Dareus. "ZOMG, we needz moar DT"

With Miller's emergence though, I do think Denver would be better served by passing on a 1st round CB again. Get him a stud MLB or DT and the secondary remains at least serviceable if Harris keeps progressing & Syd makes it back.

It's people with literacy issues.

I've even said that despite not playing all the defensive snaps that Von has made a bigger impact DEFENSIVELY.

The only thing I've said is that 4 return TDs give Peterson the edge in the impact they've had, imo.

Since then, people have going ape **** about he's not only DROY, but he's DPOY (lol), and he's infallible and then even quantifying sacks with a "2 point value".

This **** is ridiculous Ha!

Rohirrim
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Von Miller was the better choice for the Broncos because we needed more pass rushers far more than we needed another CB.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Von Miller was the better choice for the Broncos because we needed more pass rushers far more than we needed another CB.

It's hands down the worst position on our football team...

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 01:16 PM
The superbowl 32 team was worst vs run in almost the whole league. Alot of that pressure came from Robinson's blitzes from all over. Yancey Thigpen killed Gordon in pitts regular season that year. He was pretty so so corner. Crockett to me was really good. I would say it was a great situational veteran defense.

That Giant D vs Pats set the blueprint for beating Brady.

This Packer squad is a whole other animal. Whatever the bucs did, c opy that.

From what I saw, press cover wrs and lean on your dl.

huh?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1998/opp.htm

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
huh?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1998/opp.htm

Wrong year bronx.

Worst YPC in NFL.

Check it.

We flip flopped in 98, due to blowouts.

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 01:23 PM

Because many that wanted a DT, were still on the mindset of taking someone in the front 7, not a CB. Miller has impacted the defense right off the bat. PP did not. He is going to be a great pick for Arizona as a CB and even if he was not right now, he has 4 PR for TDs. With pressure upfront, Goodman (or Carter) do not look as beatable.

TheReverend
Run d gave up over 5 ypc.

That's not true at all.

Standard for you though, eh?

Spider
It's people with literacy issues.

I've even said that despite not playing all the defensive snaps that Von has made a bigger impact DEFENSIVELY.

The only thing I've said is that 4 return TDs give Peterson the edge in the impact they've had, imo.

Since then, people have going ape **** about he's not only DROY, but he's DPOY (lol), and he's infallible and then even quantifying sacks with a "2 point value".

This **** is ridiculous Ha!

a lot of GM's put points on a player while working up a draft , well I shouldnt say that now , I should say , they used to ...... It was the dallas Cowboys coaching staff that came up with the 40 time ...... so back then teams were trying all kinds of things to help ii the draft

Bronx33
Run d gave up over 5 ypc.

its says 3.6

HAT
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Last March? Probably. I don't know if I'd agree with that now.

I would love to see Champ mentor a 1st round CB sooner than later but he can still do that when he moves to safety eventually.

What's the FA landscape look like for CB's next year? 4 months ago people believed only lesser tier FA's would return Denver's calls. That's not going to be the case next March....On defense anyway.

Rohirrim
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Nope. No it isn't. Or wasn't, I should say.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 01:26 PM
That's not true at all.

Standard for you though, eh?

4.7, worst in the nfl.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 01:29 PM
its says 3.6

Bronx that site post stats by calendar. Not sb year.

Check 97 ypc. Worst in nfl.

Like I said, flipped in 98. Robinson used early down blitzes to force teams into 3rd and longs early, and we blew everyone out.

HAT
11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Because many that wanted a DT, were still on the mindset of taking someone in the front 7, not a CB. Miller has impacted the defense right off the bat. PP did not. He is going to be a great pick for Arizona as a CB and even if he was not right now, he has 4 PR for TDs. With pressure upfront, Goodman (or Carter) do not look as beatable.

Some? Yes....But there were plenty that were "DT or bust".

Anyway, I've got no dog in this fight. I wanted PP over Fairley or Dareus but eventually wanted VM over PPabout a week before the draft (after educating myself some more on him).

Still don't see why people are throwing Rev's pro PP stance in his face though.
Nowhere has he said Von wasn't a tremendous pick making outstanding contributions.

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Wrong year bronx.

Worst YPC in NFL.

Check it.

We flip flopped in 98, due to blowouts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXXII

TheReverend
4.7, worst in the nfl.

4.7 = over 5?

Popps
The superbowl 32 team was worst vs run in almost the whole league.

False.

We were statistically average (middle of the pack) against the run... however, we stepped it up in big games. Our first two playoff wins, the defense allowed something like 50, and 75 yards in back to back weeks. One of those games was very low-scoring. So, while a few teams had big rushing weeks against us during the course of the season, it's inaccurate to say that we were "worst."
Conversely, it was a stout run-D in the playoffs that kept our SB hopes alive.

Crockett to me was really good. I would say it was a great situational veteran defense. .

Crockett was definitely underrated. But, he also benefited from having an attacking front 7 and a couple of disruptive forces book-ending the D-line.

Again, you remove Smith/Williams... and that D is totally ****ed. Replacing Crockett/Gordon would have been much, much easier.

In fact, it was the Smith signing... IMO, that put us over the edge. I believe it was the final piece to the puzzle.

I do agree with you about the Packers, though. I'm not sure what you do to beat them other than keep Rogers off the field. A couple of teams have played them close lately. (Buccs/Minnesota) So, there's a formula there somewhere.

jhns
11-28-2011, 01:33 PM
This thread is still going?

So, I was out at the bar last night and endee up Tebowing this chick. At first it was sloppy and all over the place, but I finished strong.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Rev - you said he is NOT A 3 down player, isnt in on every package, and splits time.

Did you drink to much last night. Ill give you benefit of doubt on your 1/3 comment, still not close, he played like 85%.

All of this bs rev. You need to step ur game up, we all do.

Getting benched for two series isnt splitting time, splitting time is sharing, he got yanked, just like last time vs.... The chargers... Lol.

Dude are you retarded

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Bronx that site post stats by calendar. Not sb year.

Check 97 ypc. Worst in nfl.

Like I said, flipped in 98. Robinson used early down blitzes to force teams into 3rd and longs early, and we blew everyone out.

16th over all isnt the worse you're splittin hairs

Spider
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM

So, I was out at the bar last night and endee up Tebowing this chick. At first it was sloppy and all over the place, but I finished strong.

Blow up dolls count as chicks ?

HAT
11-28-2011, 01:40 PM

What he meant was....

Cutler's
Hand
I
Creepily
Keep

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
16th over all isnt the worse you're splittin hairs

Ypc is what matters. Thats how you measure run d.

Total def rush or pass is for simpletons to be honest. Of course league wide our total rush d will be better due to the pressure put on by the ferrari. Teams had to pass more and run less.

4.7 ypc worst in the nfl.

Obviously the only thing that kept us from worst total yards was lack of attempts....

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Popps, ypc worst in the nfl. Like I said, great situational def.

Evidence, Keith Traylors huge stop on 3rd and short IN SB 32. A huge huge play noone remembers, game changer.

Spider
11-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Ypc is what matters. Thats how you measure run d.

Total def rush or pass is for simpletons to be honest. Of course league wide our total rush d will be better due to the pressure put on by the ferrari. Teams had to pass more and run less.

4.7 ypc worst in the nfl.

Obviously the only thing that kept us from worst total yards was lack of attempts....

Stats are so miss leading , the only 2 stats you can count on are the scoreboard and 3 rd down conversions .......... Our D in the superbowl years never did get a fair statistical ranking good or bad , we controlled the clock and ran TD so much , when other teams got on offense they threw alot , and we really didnt have to play the run ..........ake Tebow , hiis yards on passing are low , his completion rate is low , but when he does connect it hurts the other team .......Look at tebows stats you would say meh .. but look at his results and you say , i want my sister to have his love child

Archer81
11-28-2011, 01:58 PM
This thread is making me feel like I am on crazy pills.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 01:59 PM
"Our team has no excuses and never would have if Darrelle wouldn't have been here," the Jets coach said. "But I will say this: It makes our job a lot easier ... we're better coaches now; (secondary coach) Dennis Thurman is a better coach today than he was yesterday."

"Everybody's got a piece of that puzzle," Ryan said. "Darrelle's just happens to be much larger."

“Quite honestly, he’s the best player in football,” Ryan said, in comments distributed by the team. “That is what you saw out there. Hold Reggie Wayne, who led the league in catches, I think he had 111 catches, to one catch for one yard. That tells you how good Darrelle Revis is. I know he’s probably not going to win the Defensive Player of the Year award, but the impact he has is amazing. We were able to do some coverages during the game where we actually played man-coverage strictly on his side regardless of who the receiver was and roll their coverage away from it. You only do that if you have Darrelle Revis. He’s an amazing once-in-a-life-time player and we took advantage of him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/10/rex-ryan-darrelle-revis-is-the-best-player-in-the-nfl/

And many, MANY more.

HE'S the engine that drives the Jets front 7, not vice versa.Stevie johnson, Yesterday if he had been paying attention to the ball would have won the game on your boy revis. he had 8 catches and a td on him and would have own the game if not for the case of the butter fingers

Archer81
11-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Stevie johnson, Yesterday if he had been paying attention to the ball would have won the game on your boy revis. he had 8 catches and a td on him and would have own the game if not for the case of the butter fingers

So are we expanding the argument to include off days by premier pass rushers and defensive backs?

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Stevie johnson, Yesterday if he had been paying attention to the ball would have won the game on your boy revis. he had 8 catches and a td on him and would have own the game if not for the case of the butter fingers

So now we should look at things that didn't even happen...?

cutthemdown
11-28-2011, 02:03 PM
I think rev was going by numbers from earlier in the yr when Miller did get taken out here and there.

He seems to be out there about 90% of the time now though.

Great, great pick. Broncos keep winning and then we can stop having who are the best fans threads and just enjoy some winning football.

cutthemdown
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM

Johnson had some bad drops last yr also. He can get open but has questionable hands, and is a me type player it seems.

FISH
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM

Only if you put make up on them....

Spider
11-28-2011, 02:07 PM
This thread is making me feel like I am on crazy pills.

Spider
11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Only if you put make up on them....

I am so gonna increase my stats then ;)

Rohirrim
11-28-2011, 02:08 PM
I've decided to step up my game:

http://www.thefarmtravelclub.com/images/booty-shake.gif

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Johnson had some bad drops last yr also. He can get open but has questionable hands, and is a me type player it seems.

I never bought in on that guy. The huge drop he had last year really was sad, guy does not get it.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 02:09 PM

Shutdown corners dont allow 8 catches .. we can say he had a off day. but if he had a pass rush it might have saved his ass

Spider
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM

Archer81
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
http://tinyurl.com/3bhnlcx

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 02:14 PM

I don't dispute that in the least. i think i would value a pass rusher more. then a elite CB i do however htink that you have to be good just about everywhere...i also think you have to factor in that a qb doesnt have to go at the CB every play.. some teams do go five wide.

Bronx33
11-28-2011, 02:15 PM

Can you step it up in a bigger resolution?

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM

I am all about what did happen. But you cannot deny he got open on revis and put himself in position to catch the ball

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Shutdown corners dont allow 8 catches .. we can say he had a off day. but if he had a pass rush it might have saved his ass

Or help over the top.

Kaylore
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
I too, am going to step up my game. I will eat a foot long buffalo chicken ranch sub at Subway tonight, eschewing the usual six inch.

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 02:38 PM
When the avs win $2 meatball 6 inch.

One thing lost is TOs forced by pass rush, ex. Carson Palmer to champ. Who did that?

Or using blitz, Atwater hit on favre in sb 32, braxton picked. Pretty sure it was atwater at least. He did ff too in that game. If he picks off the pass deep right, he would have been SB mvp probably, think about that.
He just dropped a bunny in that game. Lol.

Hof atwater? Yes

Rolandftw
11-28-2011, 03:06 PM

And many, MANY more.

HE'S the engine that drives the Jets front 7, not vice versa.

Course the Jets are going to say that. Just like the Broncos have said the same thing about Champ Bailey for years.

They'd say the same thing if they had a DT/LT type player as well.

Revis is a great corner, but I think it's easier to play around a great corner. I don't think you can scheme against a great pass rusher without negatively impacting the rest of your offense.

And there are only so many elite pass rushers that are available. Denver could theoretically get Kirkpatrick in the draft, and while he's probably not Revis--he would be a damn good corner. Denver was not likely to find a Von Miller type player in the middle of the draft.

I don't even buy that the Jets are a championship caliber club anyways.