PDA

View Full Version : McCoy, Fox & Elway failing to sabotage Tebow

Blart
11-27-2011, 11:02 PM
They try to sabotage Tebow every game, but they keep failing.

The biggest problem is that they're lining Tebow up in shotgun. WTF? Put him under center and demand a 3 step drop.

After that, they should stop all the options, read-option, load-option, speed-option, as none of those give us the option to chant "Tebow sucks" when he spots a hole for McGahee or a wide open Decker.

Even worse, we're now a run-heavy offense... don't they realize Tebow can power through linebackers? Call plays on 1st down that guarantee he'll throw into coverage.

The Tebow sabotage is being executed very poorly. It's almost like those idiots have carefully designed an offense to support Tebow's strengths.

Popps
11-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Well, he's going to be benched soon anyway.

See, he has this clause in his contract...

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-27-2011, 11:05 PM
no they aint tryin to sabotage Tebow more like they just as irritating as it is, play conservative with him so to minimize any mistakes. wish they woojuld do what they do in the 4th with Tebow all the time . i keep cussing at my tv wtf are you doing no just no ahhhhh

t-diddy
11-27-2011, 11:15 PM
no they aint tryin to sabotage Tebow more like they just as irritating as it is, play conservative with him so to minimize any mistakes. wish they woojuld do what they do in the 4th with Tebow all the time . i keep cussing at my tv wtf are you doing no just no ahhhhh

Holy **** man. Reading this literally hurt my head. Oh and also, you forgot to put a space before the period after mistakes.

SoCalBronco
11-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Outside of the winning, Blart is probably not a very happy camper at everything that's happened.

Popps
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM
The "Sabotage Tebow" conspiracy theory is my 3rd favorite message board myth this season... right behind "Orton killed the Miami deal" and the aforementioned "they won't let him play because of his contract" conspiracy.

Where is that genius, anyway? That guy stopped in here one day... took that stinky dump and like Keyser Soce, was gone. That was amazing to watch people buy that one.

Anyway, gotta run. This Nigerian king left me a grip of money and I have to get down to Western Union to claim it.

t-diddy
11-27-2011, 11:30 PM
The "Sabotage Tebow" conspiracy theory is my 3rd favorite message board myth this season... right behind "Orton killed the Miami deal" and the aforementioned "they won't let him play because of his contract" conspiracy.

Where is that genius, anyway? That guy stopped in here one day... took that stinky dump and like Keyser Soce, was gone. That was amazing to watch people buy that one.

Anyway, gotta run. This Nigerian king left me a grip of money and I have to get down to Western Union to claim it.

Nice Keyser Soce reference! Rep.

beardedwonder
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Ur opinion is like an asshole

seriously.. And tebowners wonder why bronco fans hate them

Blart
11-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Outside of the winning, Blart is probably not a very happy camper at everything that's happened.

You're right.

This has been the biggest challenge in my sports-fan life. Tebow advertised for a political hate group that I've spent a lot of time and money debunking. I remember announcing to the super bowl party, "I am going to have so much sports-hate for whichever team drafts him, I can't wait!"

Now he's winning, we're in playoff contention, and I'm yelling "GO TEBOW!" in the 4th quarter. Go cognitive dissonance!

Some things that have helped me deal:

I completely disagree with Elway's politics, but that has never bothered me.

Tebow said he won't do any more ads for FoTF.

His interviews have won me over, he's a nice, sincere guy, and his foundation does righteous work.

But most importantly, as I keep telling myself, it's just football. GB2

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Holy **** man. Reading this literally hurt my head. Oh and also, you forgot to put a space before the period after mistakes.

you have just vollunterered two bee mi poof redor now get to work lol and fetch me some coffee

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM
also there is no tin foil hat conspiracies .so quit worrying about the cia black helicopters hovering around your house its perfectly routine

The Joker
11-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Can't believe some people are still moaning (well I can believe it actually, because we have some serious window-lickers on here) about the offensive staff after these last few weeks.

They've completely changed the offense since that Detroit game, starting small and letting the playbook expand just a little bit more every week and asking Tim to do that little bit extra in the passing game. And it's working, we're on a 4 game winning streak as a result.

They've done a truly remarkable job of protecting their raw young QB and keeping things simple for him as he develops some chemistry with his teammates, allowing him to do what he does best (run the ball) a lot while they try to develop him as a passer.

Some people seem to think it's as simple as drawing up loads of exciting passing plays and telling Tebow "Go out there and throw it, son!!"

Maybe the people who actually work in the business and have done this things for years know a little better, huh?

fontaine
11-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Congrats, this thread wins the special olympics, barely.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 03:10 AM
[QUOTE=Blart;3394005]You're right.

This has been the biggest challenge in my sports-fan life. Tebow advertised for a political hate group that I've spent a lot of time and money debunking. I remember announcing to the super bowl party, "I am going to have so much sports-hate for whichever team drafts him, I can't wait!"

Now he's winning, we're in playoff contention, and I'm yelling "GO TEBOW!" in the 4th quarter. Go cognitive dissonance!

Some things that have helped me deal:

I completely disagree with Elway's politics, but that has never bothered me.

Tebow said he won't do any more ads for FoTF.

His interviews have won me over, he's a nice, sincere guy, and his foundation does righteous work.

But most importantly, as I keep telling myself, it's just football. GB2[/QUOTEI happen to agree with the tebow side of the debate on that.He's a good person. I dont see how anyone in their right mind could not like the guy. its not like hes micheal vick

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2011, 03:56 AM
Tebow disapproves blarts lifestyle.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 04:02 AM

I know re-read what i posted

MacGruder
11-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Actually they have succeeded very well in sabotaging Tebow.. not only are they sabotaging him but they are using him in the process...

This way they can USE him.. take all the credit and give him all the blame and cut him whenever they feel like it. They can also WIN now and claim they were right all along to say Orton gave them the best chance to win.

The guy is carrying the team and they treat him like a red headed step child and never let him throw the ball.

What they are also doing could allow them to cut Tebow and because they have made him look so bad they may not have to worry about him getting another shot somewhere else and come back and bite them in the butt. Which was their goal all along in my opinion.

Rabb
11-28-2011, 05:08 AM
Who announces things at parties other than women who are preggers or engaged?

Blart, that's who.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Actually they have succeeded very well in sabotaging Tebow.. not only are they sabotaging him but they are using him in the process...

This way they can USE him.. take all the credit and give him all the blame and cut him whenever they feel like it. They can also WIN now and claim they were right all along to say Orton gave them the best chance to win.

The guy is carrying the team and they treat him like a red headed step child and never let him throw the ball.

What they are also doing could allow them to cut Tebow and because they have made him look so bad they may not have to worry about him getting another shot somewhere else and come back and bite them in the butt. Which was their goal all along in my opinion.I think you are massibly underselling the defense here. with out the D Tebow doesn't get t o preform his magic. face it dude. this is a team win Tebow is just the face of the franchise.

MacGruder
11-28-2011, 05:20 AM
I think you are massibly underselling the defense here. with out the D Tebow doesn't get t o preform his magic. face it dude. this is a team win Tebow is just the face of the franchise.

You are dead wrong IMO.. the defense has all the talent and experience on this team.. thy SHOULD be carrying the team much more than they have. This defense should have been able to carry Orton as bad as he was... but they couldn't.. AT ALL.

The defense deserves some credit.. but the real difference maker is Tebow.. In a couple games Tebow took one of the worst running teams and made them into one of the BEST. This allows the offense to rest through most the game. Tebow also never turns the ball over while scoring at will.

Tebow is INCREDIBLY efficient and dominant when they need him to be.. but people don't see this because his style is so different.. AND the way Fox uses him.

No other QB could do what Tebow is asked to do and win games like this.. Tebow has managed to adapt to Fox's style which is all about protecting his defense.. that is a testament to Tebow not anyone else.

People said Tebow was being carried by his D and his run game his last year of college too.. and yet without him the Gators have stunk to high heaven.. even with a guy who was supposed to be a prototypical pocket passer and supposedly a top NFL recruit..

Paladin
11-28-2011, 05:34 AM

(Hey! That's MY money. Go find your own Nigerian sugar daddy.....)

True about the "theories". Never get bored laughing at the nut jobs working the single celled Gray Matter.

errand
11-28-2011, 06:11 AM

Not to get in some theological discussion with you or debate.... but Tebow does not disapprove about Blart's lifestyle...God disapproves of Blart's lifestyle.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 06:25 AM
You are dead wrong IMO.. the defense has all the talent and experience on this team.. thy SHOULD be carrying the team much more than they have. This defense should have been able to carry Orton as bad as he was... but they couldn't.. AT ALL.

The defense deserves some credit.. but the real difference maker is Tebow.. In a couple games Tebow took one of the worst running teams and made them into one of the BEST. This allows the offense to rest through most the game. Tebow also never turns the ball over while scoring at will.

Tebow is INCREDIBLY efficient and dominant when they need him to be.. but people don't see this because his style is so different.. AND the way Fox uses him.

No other QB could do what Tebow is asked to do and win games like this.. Tebow has managed to adapt to Fox's style which is all about protecting his defense.. that is a testament to Tebow not anyone else.

People said Tebow was being carried by his D and his run game his last year of college too.. and yet without him the Gators have stunk to high heaven.. even with a guy who was supposed to be a prototypical pocket passer and supposedly a top NFL recruit..
The Defense is converting from a 3-4 into a 4-3. They struggled early, just like the offense they have made strides. Winning is Contagious, That is what I am most enthused about.

Scoring at will? I think you may wanna re check scoring at will in the dictionary.. cause clearly there is a picture of Green Bay there

How can the offense be resting, when they are on the field more then the defense. logic here is lacking

Tebow is good, no doubt about it, But he is doing what he is asked to do .. but so is the rest of the TEAM

I don't care what you say, I see, what I see and that is a team winning ball games. Everyone is doing what is asked of them to perfection. including Tebow like you said

MacGruder
11-28-2011, 08:58 AM
So Philip Rivers doesn't have a good D? The Raiders don't have a good D? The Jets don't have a good D?

All those teams have better Ds than the Broncos.. but let's say they are equal at most.. Tebow is the difference. You win football games with defense and running games.. Tebow instantly made the run game unstoppable. This allows him to be a more efficient passer than his opponents as well.

I think Tebow's running ability is even still undervalued.. because he uses it in such a limited way. It's what allows him to dominate at key moments and opposing Offenses/QBs can't match it. He givs his offense an advantage that can't be matched.

It also allows the Broncos to play a veyr methodical style that kills opposing QBs and puts incredible pressure on them to be perfect.

bronco militia
11-28-2011, 09:02 AM
So Philip Rivers doesn't have a good D? The Raiders don't have a good D? The Jets don't have a good D?

All those teams have better Ds than the Broncos.. but let's say they are equal at most.. .

right now the Broncos are just as good, if not better than all of those D's

OrangeCrush2724
11-28-2011, 09:06 AM

What they are also doing could allow them to cut Tebow and because they have made him look so bad they may not have to worry about him getting another shot somewhere else and come back and bite them in the butt. Which was their goal all along in my opinion.

McGhaee and the Defense said, "Thanks for noticing."

jonny1
11-28-2011, 09:09 AM
That sound you hear is the sound of the original post going over the tinfoil wrapped heads of certain people . . . .

OrangeCrush2724
11-28-2011, 09:10 AM

Yeah, tell me how many games we win if the defense gives up a reasonable 20 points a game?

Broncos4tw
11-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Wow MacGruder.. you really are a huge Tebow homer, aren't you. Tebow is the one carrying the team? Ha!

He hasn't completed 50% of his passes in ANY game this year. He has an even worse record on third downs. Just because he is throwing less passes, doesn't give him a pass on missed throws, missed reads, etc. I particularly loved yesterday, when a receiver was wide open and waving his arms at Tebow, and he never even saw him. The guy gets tunnel vision into one receiver, and if it's not there, he takes off with the ball.

The one game he threw for close to 40 times, we were obliterated by the Lions.

He is not a RB. His ability to scramble should be used as a threat. But they will keep running him as long as he is unable to pass efficiently. He is very raw as a passer, and I think the coaching staff is doing an excellent job of creating a game plan that still has a chance to win, while minimizing Tebow's weaknesses (i.e. passing the ball).

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
i see tebows stalker got out of jail

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
also your projecting man

Slightly Soiled
11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I hope Tebow is here for the long haul and I think he is critisized more than he should be on some levels. That said I would lay money that Tebow does not want or need people making excuses for him and he is the first to credit teamates. He is a man like we hpoe our sons would be he ie; he is gracious about criticism and wants to work hard to do the right thing.

I like you Mcgruber I think that you have been right about a lot of Tebow items but, dude Tim is not asking for someone to go out of our way to find people picking on him. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Blart
11-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Not to get in some theological discussion with you or debate.... but Tebow does not disapprove about Blart's lifestyle...God disapproves of Blart's lifestyle.

Whose God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_religion)? Last I checked, there was no consensus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homo sexuality#Summary_of_denominational_positions_in_N orth_America_and_Europe).

All those teams have better Ds than the Broncos.. but let's say they are equal at most.. Tebow is the difference.

Oakland has a better defense than we do?

Archer81
11-28-2011, 10:32 AM

And it begins...

:Broncos:

Play2win
11-28-2011, 11:26 AM
At this point Tebow is a good game manager. One of the best things he has done is not turn the ball over hardly at all, this has really helped the defense.

errand
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Whose God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_and_religion)? Last I checked, there was no consensus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominational_positions_on_homo sexuality#Summary_of_denominational_positions_in_N orth_America_and_Europe).

Oakland has a better defense than we do?

Calm down dude...it was a joke. a joke that Tebow isn't God. However since you asked...Tebow's God for one.

errand
11-28-2011, 12:34 PM
At this point Tebow is a good game manager. One of the best things he has done is not turn the ball over hardly at all, this has really helped the defense.

Exactly...he has been protecting the ball...in fact the team as a whole has been pretty good at not coughing it up.

I saw improvement in the kid yesterday...his passes seemed more on target than in previous games, and his WR's did drop a couple of them as well. He didn't see that one guy that was wide open, but that's gonna happen sometimes.

I'm really impressed with how our DL has been able to generate a solid pass rush, and that is enabling our secondary to cover their guys for less than 5-6 seconds, my only bitch is we need to stop being Ryan Matthews prison whore...since he's had only 3 career 100 yard rushing games....all vs. Denver.

t-diddy
11-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Exactly...he has been protecting the ball...in fact the team as a whole has been pretty good at not coughing it up.

I saw improvement in the kid yesterday...his passes seemed more on target than in previous games, and his WR's did drop a couple of them as well. He didn't see that one guy that was wide open, but that's gonna happen sometimes.

I'm really impressed with how our DL has been able to generate a solid pass rush, and that is enabling our secondary to cover their guys for less than 5-6 seconds, my only b**** is we need to stop being Ryan Matthews prison whore...since he's had only 3 career 100 yard rushing games....all vs. Denver.

Good post. There were some big drops yesterday... On the other hand, Decker, Willis, and Rosario all came up with some huge catches when it mattered. Our receivers have been much maligned as of late so it was nice to see them make some big plays. Decker especially is really starting to look good (no blart) when the ball comes his way in terms of making a move on the ball to be in position to make the catch. He made a good move to get in position on that no-call pass interference play.

errand
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Good post. There were some big drops yesterday... On the other hand, Decker, Willis, and Rosario all came up with some huge catches when it mattered. Our receivers have been much maligned as of late so it was nice to see them make some big plays. Decker especially is really starting to look good (no blart) when the ball comes his way in terms of making a move on the ball to be in position to make the catch. He made a good move to get in position on that no-call pass interference play.

I agree...it's amazing that alot of pro-Tebow guys on here seem to forget this WR corps of ours has just as many games under their belts (save for Royal) as Tim does...not to mention no OTA's, shortened pre-season camps, and fewer #1 team reps as we had Royal and Lloyd getting most of them during season prior to Brandon getting jettisoned....