PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate compliment to Tebow

Ronnie Tsunami
11-27-2011, 08:12 PM
COMPLEMENT* (ASHAMED JOURNALISM MAJOR SAD NOW)

I know it's really early but this team has the option of revolutionizing the way the triple option offense is run. I think we need to look at drafting players tailored to this scheme now; if Tebow continues this way, this "experiment" with the option will become the team norm.

Now... say we make the playoffs. Imagine after the season, drafting a 6'1 195 WR/RB hybrid with 4.30 speed. Said player would be the closest prospect to Percy Harvin since Harvin came out years ago. Now imagine if this WR/RB could throw the ball. We could use him in so many ways.

1. In the slot at WR
2. Using him in the triple option
3. Using him at QB in special packages
4. Running specially designed plays in which he and Tebow are both threats to run the ball AND throw.

Is such a player going to be available in round 3?

You tell me.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/polopoly_fs/1.2673499!/image/229839291.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_260/229839291.jpg

Their offense looked more effective when offensive coordinator Al Borges used Robinson as a Percy Harvin hybrid, putting him in the slot, using him as a runner on an end-around.

Now, on to Denard Robinson, who carries traits similar to Harvin. For example, they both ran a 4.3 40-yard dash. But one thing Robinson has done that Harvin never did was he run track, and he broke the Florida state record with a 10.28 100 meter dash.

Man, that's fast.

El Jué
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
complement

Jay3
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Washington will be available in Round 6.

Dennis Dixon is available now.

DrFate
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Percy Harvin is the biggest threat next week (assuming Peterson remains gimpy)

Harvin is a weapon running/catching/returning, he's a threat to go everytime he touches the ball. I wish we could add a threat like that...

Tim
11-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Demaryius Thomas should be this guy but he is under achieving

Broncoman13
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't know if the Broncos are thinking about sticking with this long term (kind of doubt it) but there are certainly a lot of options out there and b/c they are system fits, they can be had in the later rounds and have a huge impact on our team.

Listen to Fox's post game remarks. They are so non-committal on the future it's absurd. I'll back my team no matter what, but I really do wish they would just commit to Tebow and ride the wave he is on.

See Tebow and Fox's post game interviews at http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Broncoman13
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM

He is coming off an Achillies. Surprising that he can even get on the field. We need another WR, that's for sure. Is Flloyd (ND) coming out this year? He could be an option in the 2nd round. If Tebow is throwing the ball we need receivers with pretty good catch radius or a burner that can get way open. Not dogging on Tebow, but he needs all the help he can get.

spdirty
11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
I like the idea. Unconventional and fun. Plus he could develop into Tebows backup.

I'll go as far as say that if you don't like this idea then you don't like fun. Which is probably why our FO will shun the idea. :(

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 08:53 PM
Guys like Robinson are football players. I'd take him in the 3rd, sure.

maher_tyler
11-27-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't know if the Broncos are thinking about sticking with this long term (kind of doubt it) but there are certainly a lot of options out there and b/c they are system fits, they can be had in the later rounds and have a huge impact on our team.

Listen to Fox's post game remarks. They are so non-committal on the future it's absurd. I'll back my team no matter what, but I really do wish they would just commit to Tebow and ride the wave he is on.

Watched it. Don't see anything he said as being so wrong. They just want to focus on next week. They'll worry about the draft etc when the season is over...i think that's what he meant by "we're not looking to far into the future".

DBroncos4life
11-27-2011, 09:23 PM
I would rather spend a first on Kendall Wright.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 09:28 PM

He fits more the guy who goes deep, the single cover Tebow can always throw a jump ball. The Percy Harvin type would be a guy doing what you see Royal do now. A lot of into the backfield, getting ball pitched to him, making defenses really be scared of all 3 running options.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 09:29 PM
I'd prefer we get a dominant receiver for Tebow to be honest. A dominant TE would be nice as well. A dominant back sure wouldn't hurt. Robinson is an interesting player, but he's far from the ultimate complement to Tebow.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 09:30 PM
I like the idea. Unconventional and fun. Plus he could develop into Tebows backup.

I'll go as far as say that if you don't like this idea then you don't like fun. Which is probably why our FO will shun the idea. :(

Pretty much.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Watched it. Don't see anything he said as being so wrong. They just want to focus on next week. They'll worry about the draft etc when the season is over...i think that's what he meant by "we're not looking to far into the future".

Not to mention anyone who has been around sports knows how freakishly superstitious players and coaches get. Trust me they probably fear once they say hell ya Tebow he loses 4 str8. Then what do you say. Better to say nothing, because right now its working and worst case scenario is Tebow wins and people say you didn't back him soon enough. Elway say Tebow our guy, then he fails, he looks like he stinks at his job.

Broncos front office has taken a lot of heat, and IMO they have done one of the best 1 season jobs in a long time.

Miller, Franklin, Carter, Moore and the other safety Harris all contributing, the Bunkley trade a friggin grand slam at this point because we needed him so badly to play decent. Got Bailey resigned and fixed the special teams problems. I mean seriously people you can only do so much in 1 yr.

Broncos have another good draft and add a good starter anywhere through FA and look out.

Some better TE, maybe a fast young cb, lots of places we still need help.

Wes Mantooth
11-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Washington will be available in Round 6.

Dennis Dixon is available now.

who needs a one legged porcelain QB?

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 09:34 PM
I'd prefer we get a dominant receiver for Tebow to be honest. A dominant TE would be nice as well. A dominant back sure wouldn't hurt. Robinson is an interesting player, but he's far from the ultimate complement to Tebow.

He needs more playmakers and really any of the spots would be great. I think TE because it helps down the middle with a big target which I think would be nice for Tebow.

But also a super quick fireplug type like a Sproles would be deadly in the option. But what about a Kordell stewert type player who could also throw ball from the WR spot.

I'm starting to think no team wants to think Tebow can win like this because honestly defenses don't want to defend this. Other offenses don't like it because the game goes by so quickly with not as many possessions.

NFL probably doesn't like it either so Tebow can forget about getting those facemask calls.

Bronco Yoda
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I want big strong WR's a& TE's to post up and dominate when Tebow throws it up. Someone who will WIN battles.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 09:40 PM
I want big strong WR's a& TE's to post up and dominate when Tebow throws it up. Someone who will WIN battles.

But D Thomas was supposed to be that. Also Decker not really small. I agree though we get so many 1 on 1's because of the running game, just think what a Larry Fitz, Calvin Johnson type would bring. If you send a safety over to stop a deep threat you are left with 9 players to stop a rushing attack that because with Tebow being an option, leaves you man on man assignment football. One missed block, one broken tackle and we bust loose.

spdirty
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
I would rather spend a first on Kendall Wright.

I'll take Jerel Worthy, Devon Still, Dont'a Hightower, Vontaze Burfict, or Dre Kirkpatrick first round.

I would love to see an even more dominant fierce pissed off defense.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2011, 09:53 PM
I'll take Jerel Worthy, Devon Still, Dont'a Hightower, Vontaze Burfict, or Dre Kirkpatrick first round.

We will see how fast Wright runs but he is close to Harvin sizewise. Harvin is listed at 5-11 184 (he was 205 at the combine), Wright is 5-10 190. I think Wright's 40 time will be close to the 4.4 time like Harvin.

ZONA
11-27-2011, 09:55 PM

I don't think they are being absurd about the future. Why does everybody have this need to hear them say Tebow is our guy for the future? How about we all do what the Broncos coaches are doing, worry about next week, not next year.

MajorGCG
11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
He is coming off an Achillies. Surprising that he can even get on the field. We need another WR, that's for sure. Is Flloyd (ND) coming out this year? He could be an option in the 2nd round. If Tebow is throwing the ball we need receivers with pretty good catch radius or a burner that can get way open. Not dogging on Tebow, but he needs all the help he can get.

I don't think Floyd is who you want. It may not be what people want to hear, but you need a strong physical blocker (Riley Cooper) to make this work. I'd bet Phily would part with him...maybe even for the 5th round pick Denver got for Lloyd. Cooper has great hands, is really strong, and is incredibly fast. Must fast than anyone on the Broncos right now.

MajorGCG
11-27-2011, 09:56 PM

Kirkpatrick is overrated. Hightower or Upshaw would be great and I think Janoris Jenkins could be had for a song. He's one of the best cover corners to come out in a while.