PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller is becoming one of the best football players in the NFL.

Pages : [1] 2

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 05:18 PM
The guy has completely rounded out his game and is becoming dominant in all phases. He has all the moves and makes plays, and more importantly, makes them is absolutely huge situations. The deflected pass and tackle for a loss that pushed Novak just out of range are perfect examples of this. I honestly think he's pushing into All-pro territory at this point. He so strong and so fast it's absolutely scary.

RhymesayersDU
11-27-2011, 05:19 PM
That spin move on that play was something of beauty.

We talk all the time about "Tebow Time" well it's "Miller Time" on big defensive plays. When our team needs a play, this guy dials it up.

Punisher
11-27-2011, 05:20 PM
The guy has completely rounded out his game and is becoming dominant in all phases. He has all the moves and makes plays, and more importantly, makes them is absolutely huge situations. The deflected pass and tackle for a loss that pushed Novak just out of range are perfect examples of this. I honestly think he's pushing into All-pro territory at this point. He so strong and so fast it's absolutely scary.

To sum up everything Hes our Tebow on Defense

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 05:22 PM
That spin move on that play was something of beauty.

We talk all the time about "Tebow Time" well it's "Miller Time" on big defensive plays. When our team needs a play, this guy dials it up.

You know, with Dumervil on the other side, he's in a perfect situation. Dumervil by himself in a 4-3 is easier to neutralize. With Von roaming around, it's more difficult to make your protections and make them work. On the sack by hunter, they assigned a double-team to Miller and he dropped into coverage. You start messing with their heads like that and offenses are looking at an absolutel Nightmare.

BTW Dennis Allen can have my firstborn.

Old Dude
11-27-2011, 05:23 PM
And he's just a rookie. Chortle.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-27-2011, 05:23 PM
He obviously has rare quickness, but it took me awhile to appreciate how much power he plays with. CBA did Denver a monster favor. He's clearly going to outplay his contract.

Slightly Soiled
11-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Use the first on more D and let tebow have another year. This team can win the west that way.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Clutch.

that tack for loss won the game!!!!

Kaylore
He obviously has rare quickness, but it took me awhile to appreciate how much power he plays with. CBA did Denver a monster favor. He's clearly going to outplay his contract.

I'll admit I didn't realize it until last game when he bull rushed the tackle on the Sanchez sack. Then This one on that run play when he split a double team effectively dragging two and half players with him and still tackled the guy. A monster. An absolute monster.

barryr
Miller is the real deal and no question, he alone makes the defense better and we keep seeing other guys on defense who pretty much were MIA before, now making plays. It is no coincidence.

CEH
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Clutch.

Clutch was Eric Decker and his 3rd down catch to let Denver kick the tying FG

Popps
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
And it's not just what he's doing, it's WHEN he's doing it. Constantly stepping up at the most crucial times.

I've been bitching about the pass-rush for as long as I've been on this board, and Von/Doom are finally giving me everything I've wanted, and more. THIS is the difference a clutch-pass-rusher makes for a team. It's a difference of wins and losses.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 05:30 PM

Very true.

The attitude of the team changed with 15.

He just wins.

Von is a awesome. He saved that spin all day for that play.

Bronx33
11-27-2011, 05:31 PM
fap fap fap fap fap......fap fap fap fap fap.....fap fap fap fap fap

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap.....

fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap

fap fap.......

Vegas_Bronco
11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I would like to wear his glasses for just a day...everything you desire happens out of pure fate. Damn near the best I've seen and he never quits.

Spider
11-27-2011, 05:41 PM
not going to say it , but I see shades of Derrick Thomas and LT ......

Hulamau
11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
And it's not just what he's doing, it's WHEN he's doing it. Constantly stepping up at the most crucial times.

I've been b****ing about the pass-rush for as long as I've been on this board, and Von/Doom are finally giving me everything I've wanted, and more. THIS is the difference a clutch-pass-rusher makes for a team. It's a difference of wins and losses.

Absolutely! My eyes are glued on 58 every single snap ... a thing of rare beauty to behold!

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
I am rocking a huge Voner

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 05:43 PM
At this point if he has a sophomore slump, he will be a Pro Bowler rather than All Pro

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 05:47 PM
At this point if he has a sophomore slump, he will be a Pro Bowler rather than All Pro

Ha! Yeah I would "settle" for that.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 05:51 PM
FTR, Von got benched again situationally in favor of Haggan.

Miller is now my favorite player on the D, but let's not lose perspective. This was a middle of the road game for him. No better.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 05:52 PM

CEH is just as clutch as Decker.

You should get much more recognition and that's on me.

Awesome poster.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Youcan double team Miller. Or you can double team Dummervil. You might have to commit two to each.

Broncos_OTM
11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
not going to say it , but I see shades of Derrick Thomas and LT ......

You just did. DT yes LT no

Broncos_OTM
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
I am rocking a huge Voner
DUde whats up with all the homo talk on this board. disturbing

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM
FTR, Von got benched again situationally in favor of Haggan.

Miller is now my favorite player on the D, but let's not lose perspective. This was a middle of the road game for him. No better.

Yeah...i din't know about that. Even his pressures cause early throws and redirected throws. He took control of the Chargers for 4 consecutive drives at the end. This was also an awesome performance.

broncosteven
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Love the kid hope we get to see him play for us for the next 10+ years, he can only get better.

i4jelway7
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
I will gladly eat a plate of crow on the Von Miller draft pick, I was pissed we didn't go dline, glad I don't get to make the decisions :notworthy thank you FO

Von Miller = BEAST

now please don't let some team steal Dennis Allen away.. LOCK HIM UP

TotallyScrewed
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Apparently the game film of Von Miller and Co. was enough to rattle Rivers. He was dumping the ball quickly, right from the start. Usually, he has those 5-8 second plays to wait for his receivers to come open...NOT TODAY!!

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
The guy has completely rounded out his game and is becoming dominant in all phases at this point. He so strong and so fast it's absolutely scary.

He did get replaced in the first half as he lost containment while matthews ran wild to his right. Still lots to improve on. Haggan was in there, Von came back, much better. Great to see a young player come back, great attitude, well coached as well.

And...

His last time on the field was a tack for loss leading to a missed fg, so he prob saved the game. Clutch.

Like teebs, need that for 4 qtrs.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Use the first on more D and let tebow have another year. This team can win the west that way.

We have to get more offensive weapons. It's really not an option at this point. McGahee and Decker are our only solid skill players right now. We need a top-tier receiver, another good back, and a good pass catching TE if we want Tebow (or anyone else at QB) to have success.

gyldenlove
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Von Miller is right now the best SLB in the NFL, I know it is traditionally the weakest of the LB positions, but he is a monster. I told you since the 2nd Raider game that he had power, he was bull rushing against the Raiders and got a lot of penetration with it.

We need to keep him fresh, and we need to move him around, his biggest weapon is his freak athletic ability, the more we make the offense adjust to account for him, the more we are dictating what they do and knocking them out of their comfort zone. Having him paired with Dumervil gives a huge edge since teams have to decide who to double, and they have to guess where and if Miller is coming.

We still need a strong 3T in the middle next to Bunkley (although HAM is absolutely doing his best to be part of that).

Quinton Carter - and I have to give Rev some credit here because he saw it before I did, is really good. He is such a solid tackler and is really catching up to the game speed.

Bronx33
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM

Voners are all the rage you're missin out pal.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Quinton Carter - and I have to give Rev some credit here because he saw it before I did, is really good. He is such a solid tackler and is really catching up to the game speed.

Very rarely am I wrong.

Almost NEVER am I wrong about DBs :)

Tim
11-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Von Miller is an all pro, Xanders should extend him asap

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Carter > Moore so far, no doubt about it. I really like the fact that he's such a sure-tackler. Number one trait I look for in a safety, even more than coverage (which he's been solid in as well).

i4jelway7
11-27-2011, 06:21 PM

and his hit power on madden is a 92!!! get him on the field

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 06:23 PM

Because it brings out the homophobic people like yourself. Sad

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Von Miller is an all pro, Xanders should extend him asap

Under the new CBA you can't until the final year of his contract.

Bronc62
11-27-2011, 06:27 PM
You just did. DT yes LT no

VM just as quick & more power than DT, not quite LT status...at least not yet.

OrangeSe7en
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Clutch.

What about the sack against the Jets? They ended up converting on 3rd and 18 but its still a game changer. It speeds up the clock in Sanchez's head in crunch time and it also ran clock when time was fleating.

Whoever said he's like our Tebow on defense was dead on. Except Von stands tall the whole game as well as in crunch time. Tebow is a work in progress. Von is one of the best defensive players in the league and has been for a few weeks. This thread is actually a little late in acknowledging this.

BlueCrusher
You know, with Dumervil on the other side, he's in a perfect situation. Dumervil by himself in a 4-3 is easier to neutralize. With Von roaming around, it's more difficult to make your protections and make them work. On the sack by hunter, they assigned a double-team to Miller and he dropped into coverage. You start messing with their heads like that and offenses are looking at an absolutel Nightmare.

BTW Dennis Allen can have my firstborn.

+1 For DA, please Duke, do whatever it takes to keep this dude on the staff.

TheReverend
He did get replaced in the first half as he lost containment while matthews ran wild to his right. Still lots to improve on. Haggan was in there, Von came back, much better. Great to see a young player come back, great attitude, well coached as well.

And...

His last time on the field was a tack for loss leading to a missed fg, so he prob saved the game. Clutch.

Like teebs, need that for 4 qtrs.

Left bro. Left.

Atwater His Ass
11-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Also glad to eat crow on this pick. Not that I wasn't against Miller, but I wanted DL in the worst way. Glad this pick worked out, wish it was so easy to project players to the NFL level.

It was so clear that Doom was still hurt starting the year, but now having two truly elite pass rushers is so awesome. It's forcing mismatches, allowing others to make plays as well. I really hope we can improve the DT position. Finding someone to give us a dominate presence on the inside with Doom and Miller on the outside would be just scary.

It's so amazing how our D has turned around from last season and the start of this season. It's just a remarkable as what Tebow is doing. The D has played no small part in our recent run.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Also glad to eat crow on this pick. Not that I wasn't against Miller, but I wanted DL in the worst way. Glad this pick worked out, wish it was so easy to project players to the NFL level.

It was so clear that Doom was still hurt starting the year, but now having two truly elite pass rushers is so awesome. It's forcing mismatches, allowing others to make plays as well. I really hope we can improve the DT position. Finding someone to give us a dominate presence on the inside with Doom and Miller on the outside would be just scary.

It's so amazing how our D has turned around from last season and the start of this season. It's just a remarkable as what Tebow is doing. The D has played no small part in our recent run.

A penetrating DT to compliment Bunkley on the inside would be pretty awesome I've got to admit.

extralife
11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
+1 For DA, please Duke, do whatever it takes to keep this dude on the staff.

uhhh, sorry, but we have a record to extend dawg. it was fun, Allen, but you knew the deal when you took the job. on to the next one.

broncosteven
11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
A penetrating DT to compliment Bunkley on the inside would be pretty awesome I've got to admit.

You said penetrate

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 07:50 PM
He's not just eyeing all pro (at current rate), he has to be in DPOY consideration. Not only is he putting up monster numbers in key situations, he has taken a unit of historically bad proportions and made them real good. Teams have to change the way they play the Broncos because of Miller, and he still produces the hits.

Unreal. So glad he's here.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 07:53 PM
The best part. Now for the next 4 years and hopefully 10+ we don't have to say, "but we could have drafted Von Miller"

Nice for a change!

brncs_fan
11-27-2011, 07:56 PM
http://www.handlebarmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/VonMillerBRONCOS.png

Mogulseeker
11-27-2011, 08:00 PM

I love watching him bulldoze over tackles 100lbs heaver than him.

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Where is that thumbs up pic of him?

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 08:02 PM
I love watching him bulldoze over tackles 100lbs heaver than him.

I still don't understand the physics of that. It seems unnatural. Maybe Sheldon Cooper can explain it to me.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/152/d/a/Dr__Sheldon_Cooper_by_COVENS_OZ.jpg

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2011, 08:04 PM
http://www.handlebarmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/VonMillerBRONCOS.png

This looks shopped. I can tell tell by some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 08:05 PM
This looks shopped. I can tell tell by some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

Pretty sure it's a pic of him in an A&M uniform that was converted to a Broncos uniform.

schaaf
11-27-2011, 08:07 PM

Nothing gets by you does it?

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Pretty sure it's a pic of him in an A&M uniform that was converted to a Broncos uniform.http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/5/4739/thumb_620x2000/bert20stare.gif

NFLBRONCO
11-27-2011, 08:10 PM
We have to get more offensive weapons. It's really not an option at this point. McGahee and Decker are our only solid skill players right now. We need a top-tier receiver, another good back, and a good pass catching TE if we want Tebow (or anyone else at QB) to have success.

Yep

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:11 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZVd7sFEIkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

edog24
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZVd7sFEIkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sick. Last year's draft is starting to look like a very strong class!

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2011, 08:17 PM

Here is the question. Straight up trade right now, would you still do it?

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM
http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/5/4739/thumb_620x2000/bert20stare.gif

You telling me that is doesn't look weird to you?

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:18 PM

Me?

Yeah.

Super happy with Miller, but f me, 4 touchdowns and more turnovers would be a HUGE boon.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 08:19 PM

Hilarious!

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 08:21 PM
All his mistakes are because he is trying to crash down the line and make a play, or get a huge jump on the pass rush. I can deal with that with all the plays he gets out of it.

The run stuff for a loss before the missed FG was awesome. He just blew by 2 blockers and stuffed it. Very good football by our defense last couple games. In fact some of the most impressive defensive performances over the last 5-6 yrs IMO.

Agamemnon
Me?

Yeah.

Super happy with Miller, but f me, 4 touchdowns and more turnovers would be a HUGE boon.

You are ****ing nuts on this one. I tend to like most your takes, but this time you went to crazy land. Even if they are equal players (which they are not), dominant pass rushers > dominant cornerbacks. And always will.

theAPAOps5
Miller doesn't return punts and he is part of a defense that is helping his team stay in the race.

Those other 4 touchdowns and turnovers amount to nothing more than stats for Arizona.

Patrick Peterson is a beast but Miller is still the better choice. At least in my opinion of course, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

cutthemdown
Whats with Goodman playing tight coverage and making plays? He looks like a totally different player every game but the detroit one.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Me?

Yeah.

aww, come on man. I know he's your boy and is lookin good, but c'mon.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Me?

Yeah.

How are Petersons stats in the passing game. My friend who is a Cardinal fan says he is a great returner and after a pick, but gets burned all day long. But for sure he looks like he is also a good player.

Atwater His Ass
11-27-2011, 08:24 PM
The best part. Now for the next 4 years and hopefully 10+ we don't have to say, "but we could have drafted Von Miller"

Nice for a change!

No ****.

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
You telling me that is doesn't look weird to you?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-E_V-67e6VU0/TpO4vdNWHlI/AAAAAAAAAyA/_011dAK0P10/s1600/BertStare.jpeg

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 08:25 PM

Gee, what would give you that idea? (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/files/2010/06/miller_USU9_1004.jpg)

ZONA
11-27-2011, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't even F around. Middle of next year, lock this dude up for a very very very long time.

He's a beast.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
You are ****ing nuts on this one. I tend to like most your takes, but this time you went to crazy land. Even if they are equal players (which they are not), dominant pass rushers > dominant cornerbacks. And always will.

lol

Miller doesn't return punts and he is part of a defense that is helping his team stay in the race.

Those other 4 touchdowns and turnovers amount to nothing more than stats for Arizona.

Patrick Peterson is a beast but Miller is still the better choice. At least in my opinion of course, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Nothing more than stats...

And made the difference in ALL OF THEIR WINS.

...but whatever, right? Ha!

How are Petersons stats in the passing game. My friend who is a Cardinal fan says he is a great returner and after a pick, but gets burned all day long. But for sure he looks like he is also a good player.

Your friend is an idiot.

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't even F around. Middle of next year, lock this dude up for a very very very long time.

He's a beast.

Rookie players can't be extended until a few years into their contracts per the new CBA rules.

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Me?

Yeah.

That is huge. Both players are great, but I think Miller is super human.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:33 PM
That is huge. Both players are great, but I think Miller is super human.

I don't disagree whatsoever.

He's played very well and really coming into his own.

...but the coaching staff agrees that he's still not a 3 down player by their use of Haggan on a good third of the defensive snaps.

Period.

Peterson plays very well ALL of the defensive snaps AND has 4 ST touchdowns.

If it were defensive performance vs defensive performance, I'd go with Miller despite playing less due to some big impact plays.

...but it's not. There's another 28 pts to be accounted for when Miller's not even touching the field.

Sorry, that's the reality. Love Von Miller. I'd LOVE to have both of them.
Don't regret the selection at all. But I would swap them one for one and we would probably have 2 more wins with PP.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 08:36 PM

...but the coaching staff agrees that he's still not a 3 down player by their use of Haggan on a good third of the defensive snaps.

Period.

If it were defensive performance vs defensive performance, I'd go with Miller despite playing less due to some big impact plays.

...but it's not. There's another 28 pts to be accounted for when Miller's not even touching the field.

Don't regret the selection at all. But I would swap them one for one and we would probably have 2 more wins with PP.

I'm too tired to go find the Bert picture, but I think youre only saying this because you wanted Denver to draft Peterson.

You're honestly telling me that if the Cardinals called the broncos tomorrow and said I'll trade you Peterson for Von Miller straight up...you'd do it?

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 08:37 PM
lol

Nothing more than stats...

And made the difference in ALL OF THEIR WINS.

...but whatever, right? Ha!

Your friend is an idiot.

Touche Rev, TOUCHE

But Miller's sacks and tackles for loss have helped make the difference in all of Denver's or would you disagree?

Can't argue with the tendency to get pulled in big downs though.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:38 PM
I'm too tired to go find the Bert picture, but I think youre only saying this because you wanted Denver to draft Peterson.

You're honestly telling me that if the Cardinals called the broncos tomorrow and said I'll trade you Peterson for Von Miller straight up...you'd do it?

Yes. It's not even REMOTELY a slight on Milller. Love what he's done and what he CAN do. Love his production so far.

But...

28 points is 28 points.

2 turnovers is 2 turnovers.

Bronco Yoda
11-27-2011, 08:39 PM

Incredible isn't it.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Yes. It's not even REMOTELY a slight on Milller. Love what he's done and what he CAN do. Love his production so far.

But...

28 points is 28 points.

I see you're argument and respect it, but i think you're crazy..haha and i say that with the utmost respect. You know more about football than I do, but I know enough to see how much attention offenses give him, and then how he still exploits it. I dont care that he doesn't necessarily create turnovers...you're ignoring his 10.5 sacks and multitude of hits. Hell, even today he had two game changing plays on 3rd downs.

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2011, 08:41 PM

Period.

If he was on the team, without Von, he would have to cover his man for 10 seconds.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Period.

Why we have like 3 punt returns of our own and have down well in that regard. Peterson back there then Decker and Royal don't take those to the house. No way take the front 7 defender everytime when both players are good.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Why we have like 3 punt returns of our own and have down well in that regard. Peterson back there then Decker and Royal don't take those to the house. No way take the front 7 defender everytime when both players are good.

No we don't.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
If he was on the team, without Von, he would have to cover his man for 10 seconds.

Kinda like AZ pressure you mean?

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
TheRev, just admit that Miller was the best pick for this team and NOT Peterson. Sure, Peterson would be great, but you conveniently failed mention some of the game losing TD's he's giving up in your " ZOMG he's won all their games" soap box.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 08:56 PM
TheRev, just admit that Miller was the best pick for this team and NOT Peterson. Sure, Peterson would be great, but you conveniently failed mention some of the game losing TD's he's giving up in your " ZOMG he's won all their games" soap box.

Examples?

24champ
11-27-2011, 09:04 PM

I wouldn't go THAT far...yet.

Miller still needs to develop into a 3 down player. He's good enough to be in the conversation for DROY, but its a stretch to talk about all-pro and DPOY with Miller.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm still waiting for specific examples of things I've said that people disagree with other than "OMG MILLER IS THE BEST EVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!"

Guy's awesome. No doubt. Far from calling him a bust. He's got work to do like they ALL do.

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 09:08 PM
TheRev hates Von Millerrrrrrrrrr....neener neener neener!!!!!

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Examples?
Grade: -7.3 Snaps: 434

Possibly Interesting Stat: Has allowed 69.4% of the balls thrown his way to be complete.

Observations: Peterson may go on to be the next shutdown cornerback in the NFL, and if he does it will mean looking back at his first six NFL starts and wonder how he could ever struggle so much. Simply getting beat a little too often, struggling to replicate the success of 2010 rookie’s like Devin McCourty and Joe Haden.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/27/checking-in-the-2011-first-rounders/

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:11 PM
TheRev hates Von Millerrrrrrrrrr....neener neener neener!!!!!

Seriously I'm going to dry hump you at the playoff game.

This **** is ridiculous. People call Tebow a "cult". You say someone who has 2 big picks, 4 TDs and a ton of short yardage tackle stops has played slightly better than Miller who's been sat in the majority of his games and you get **** on.

WTF....

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:12 PM

Possibly Interesting Stat: Has allowed 69.4% of the balls thrown his way to be complete.

Observations: Peterson may go on to be the next shutdown cornerback in the NFL, and if he does it will mean looking back at his first six NFL starts and wonder how he could ever struggle so much. Simply getting beat a little too often, struggling to replicate the success of 2010 rookie’s like Devin McCourty and Joe Haden.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/10/27/checking-in-the-2011-first-rounders/

*Cite podcast quote where Khan calls PFF a joke*

Rohirrim
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm just relieved that the Broncos had a #2 pick and struck gold.

Ratboy

This is a lie and fabrication!!

SonOfLe-loLang
I wouldn't go THAT far...yet.

Miller still needs to develop into a 3 down player. He's good enough to be in the conversation for DROY, but its a stretch to talk about all-pro and DPOY with Miller.

Is the 3 down player meme HONESTLY starting?

ITS NOT TRUE. His snap count (over 600 as of the jets game) is on par with EVERY DOWN players. Yes, he was benched earlier this year for a half and a little bit today....but this is not like Mark Anderson who only comes in to rush the passer.

TDmvp

:spit::spit::spit:

Hey Rev maybe if Von doesn't work out at Lb we can try him at safety. ;D

theAPAOps5

This **** is ridiculous. People call Tebow a "cult". You say someone who has 2 big picks, 4 TDs and a ton of short yardage tackle stops has played slightly better than Miller who's been sat in the majority of his games and you get **** on.

WTF....

Projecting, witch hunt, scarlet letter

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Now he's been benched in the "majority" of the games? Did I miss something?

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 09:16 PM

Difference between benched and sat on key plays. He was benched for a half in one game. Gets rotated out in almost every one.

It is a trust and growth thing. Completely normal, and I would bet his rotations are greatly reduced compared to the rookie 1st round pick average.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM

Clearly.

I'm sorry if you take this as some sort of affront on Von Miller.

That isn't the case. He's not a bust like Knowshon, Demaryius, and Ayers. He's a special player.

But once again:

28 points is 28 points...

BigPlayShay
11-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Did I do that???

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Clearly.

I'm sorry if you take this as some sort of affront on Von Miller.

That isn't the case. He's not a bust like Knowshon, Demaryius, and Ayers. He's a special player.

But once again:

28 points is 28 points...

I am not sure I would call Ayers a bust. Well I guess he is, because he is serviceable, like a third round pick should be. But he was a first.

So yeah never mind!

TDmvp
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
Did I do that???

Well played BPS... Well played...

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:20 PM
I am not sure I would call Ayers a bust. Well I guess he is, because he is serviceable, like a third round pick should be. But he was a first.

So yeah never mind!

"Bust" is strong... but being outrun to the edge for a first by Philip Rivers chapped me.

24champ
11-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Is the 3 down player meme HONESTLY starting?

ITS NOT TRUE. His snap count (over 600 as of the jets game) is on par with EVERY DOWN players. Yes, he was benched earlier this year for a half and a little bit today....but this is not like Mark Anderson who only comes in to rush the passer.

Von still needs to learn how to cover a TE or RB in passing situations, that's all. He'll learn how to play in those situations. It's insane to start talking about DPOY with Von.

Boobs McGee
11-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Can't remember which series it was, but von literally fended off a lineman with one arm en route to phyllis. It was ridiculous. One ****ing arm. If anyone has a clip of that I would be most grateful

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
This is definitely my fault. I should've known better than to honestly answer a question about Von Miller.

Even on a game day where he got sat temporarily.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Von still needs to learn how to cover a TE or RB in passing situations, that's all. He'll learn how to play in those situations. It's insane to start talking about DPOY with Von.

I respectively disagree with all of this. The guy has made an epically ****ty broncos defense into a force. Defenses have to game plan around him and he consistently makes plays.

And I honestly dont give a **** about Peterson's punt returns. Good for him. Granted I haven't watched him much this year, but from people who have, he's been nothing special on defense (yet).

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:27 PM
And, honestly, its not really his job to cover TE's. Perhaps they'll expand this role. This would be like blaming Peterson for not getting sacks. Come onnnn...This is insane talk, all of it.

TDmvp
11-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Can't remember which series it was, but von literally fended off a lineman with one arm en route to phyllis. It was ridiculous. One ****ing arm. If anyone has a clip of that I would be most grateful

Yea he did that last week as well , last week it was a borderline head slap knocking a OLman off him and right to the Qb.

I'd hate to have him want to have buttsecks with me cause he's so mean the hardest thing I could say back is for how long.:clown:

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 09:28 PM

WTF....

:spit: Don't get Sirhcyenne and Blart all riled up now...

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:29 PM
I respectively disagree with all of this. The guy has made an epically ****ty broncos defense into a force. Defenses have to game plan around him and he consistently makes plays.

And I honestly dont give a **** about Peterson's punt returns. Good for him. Granted I haven't watched him much this year, but from people who have, he's been nothing special on defense (yet).

He did it, huh?

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 09:30 PM

So yeah never mind!

For me busting = not starting. If you start (and not by default) you're not a bust. He was taken at like 17th as I recall so I would say he's underperformed, but only mildly and he's not "bad".

24champ
11-27-2011, 09:31 PM

I don't think anyone is saying, "Von Miller sucks and hasn't contributed to the Broncos defense". He has, but he's got work to do to launch into the DPOY discussion.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:32 PM
He did it, huh?

He's absolutely the main force in my opinion. Teams have changed the way they play us because of our pass rush. He's the leader of that. He's the guy we move all over the field. He's the guy, for example, Carson Palmer kept pointing out. Obviously, lots of guys have stepped up, but Von Miller is, far and way, the best player on our team and the biggest difference maker on D.

So yes, he's the main force.

Rohirrim
11-27-2011, 09:32 PM
"Bust" is strong... but being outrun to the edge for a first by Philip Rivers chapped me.

Yeah. I was sitting on the couch saying, "Nice angle, dip****."

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:33 PM
I don't think anyone is saying, "Von Miller sucks and hasn't contributed to the Broncos defense". He has, but he's got work to do to launch into the DPOY discussion.

Well, we can agree to disagree....i think he should be in the discussion. And lets stop with the "he's not a 3 down player" meme...its not true. You guys are making him sound like he's a situational pass rusher.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:33 PM
For me busting = not starting. If you start (and not by default) you're not a bust. He was taken at like 17th as I recall so I would say he's underperformed, but only mildly and he's not "bad".

George Foster ruled then?

He's absolutely the main force in my opinion. Teams have changed the way they play us because of our pass rush. He's the leader of that. He's the guy we move all over the field. He's the guy, for example, Carson Palmer kept pointing out. Obviously, lots of guys have stepped up, but Von Miller is, far and way, the best player on our team and the biggest difference maker on D.

So yes, he's the main force.

Yeah... This is a prime example of why I shouldn't even try...

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Yeah. I was sitting on the couch saying, "Nice angle, dip****."

Ugh, I was so upset. Rivers barely edges Orton in a footrace...

24champ
And, honestly, its not really his job to cover TE's. Perhaps they'll expand this role. This would be like blaming Peterson for not getting sacks. Come onnnn...This is insane talk, all of it.

Actually it is. A Sam linebacker's job is to defend the run, play with a physical edge along the line of scrimmage and, at times, cover any stray tight ends or running backs who drift into his area as receivers.

Kaylore
See also: Starting due to default.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:35 PM

Yeah... This is a prime example of why I shouldn't even try...

Youre a smart guy, you're gonna make your argument fit, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can say Von isnt the biggest difference maker on our D right now.

Chris
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Gee, what would give you that idea? (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/files/2010/06/miller_USU9_1004.jpg)

Other than the fact that it looks like a ****ing funeral shot nothing.

I actually didn't pay much attention to Miller today until I knew we needed a stop. Sure enough I watch him and it's the play he makes the sack. Honestly at this point I'd clean that dude's septic tank if he asked me to.

Tebow has a similar quality on offense, although I think Miller takes the cake for being ultra clutch. The midochlorian count is high with this one.

Brian Dawkins also had a great game making that ultra clutch open field tackle in OT. I'm not sure if it's possible for a player to change much in his late 30s but on the sack against Rivers I noticed he slowed down just enough to make sure Rivers couldn't throw it over the middle or make a move to get away. Maybe it's just me but I think the old Dawkins would have come in guns blazing and either made a big hit or whiffed completely.

I didn't pay much attention to Joe Mays but he showed good range early on when he got over to the sideline to make the play (was it against Matthews or Brown? I can't recall).

I'm going to start calling Quinton Carter "The Berlin Wall" or "The Gatekeeper". Regardless... he reminds me of this guy from Thor in that no one gets past him. That and he's black.

http://newsone.com/files/2010/12/thor1.jpg

**** it... everyone's playing well. I can't remember the last time you could say that about the Broncos. For that I am giving credit to the COACHES... and especially John Fox.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Actually it is. A Sam linebacker's job is to defend the run, play with a physical edge along the line of scrimmage and, at times, cover any stray tight ends or running backs who drift into his area as receivers.

He's pretty much a Sam by name only. He's here to rush the passer and play good run defense. Eventually he may be asked to do more covering, but considering his pass rushing ability is all world, I'd hate to see him covering TE's on passing downs.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Youre a smart guy, you're gonna make your argument fit, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can say Von isnt the biggest difference maker on our D right now.

The biggest difference maker?

Maybe.

He's my favorite for sure. I LIKE the over-aggressive behavior.

I LIKE attacking, gap discipline be damned.

But there are guys quietly getting it done so he can look pretty at the same time. And quite frankly, the coaching staff probably deserves more of the credit than any personnel changes we've made.

BroncoMan4ever
11-27-2011, 09:41 PM

go after Burfict to be our MLB or the best CB in the draft.

the thought of Miller on the outside, Burfict in the middle of our LB corps would give DC brain bleeds trying to figure out how to stop that much power.

24champ
11-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Eventually he may be asked to do more covering, but considering his pass rushing ability is all world, I'd hate to see him covering TE's on passing downs.

So you agree he's not an every down player...yet?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM
The biggest difference maker?

Maybe.

He's my favorite for sure. I LIKE the over-aggressive behavior.

I LIKE attacking, gap discipline be damned.

But there are guys quietly getting it done so he can look pretty at the same time. And quite frankly, the coaching staff probably deserves more of the credit than any personnel changes we've made.

Absolutely, a team effort. The d staff def deserves a lot of credit. But he's by far the biggest difference maker, im not sure this is arguable...unless you can make the case for someone else. Because we use him all over the field and to create opportunities for others (because he gets double teamed often) he's the MVP of the team.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM

the thought of Miller on the outside, Burfict in the middle of our LB corps would give DC brain bleeds trying to figure out how to stop that much power.

Burfict + Miller = a nightmare for OUR dc

No thank you.

Kirkpatrick :thumbsup:

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Absolutely, a team effort. The d staff def deserves a lot of credit. But he's by far the biggest difference maker, im not sure this is arguable...unless you can make the case for someone else. Because we use him all over the field and to create opportunities for others (because he gets double teamed often) he's the MVP of the team.

READ YOUR OWN POSTS ON THE SUBJECT!

YOURE ADMITTING HE'S WEAK IN BOTH COVERAGE AND AGAINST THE RUN FFS!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:45 PM
So you agree he's not an every down player...yet?

He is an every down player. You can make the case he isn't a "100 percent complete player," but i think thats unfair because he's not asked to cover much...as well he shouldnt. Obviously, he can improve, but he's already pretty dominant.

Again, as of the Jets game, he was well over 600 snaps. This is not the sign of a situational player.

Chris
11-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Others around here have said Burflict has some cover issues and would leave us exposed.

24champ
11-27-2011, 09:47 PM

I'm off the burfict train, unless he can be had in the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:48 PM
READ YOUR OWN POSTS ON THE SUBJECT!

YOURE ADMITTING HE'S WEAK IN BOTH COVERAGE AND AGAINST THE RUN FFS!

When did I admit he was "bad" against the run? He may over pursue here and there, but he's obviously been a force against the run. A real big force He's already a plus player on the run. And I said hes not asked to cover. It would be like me saying Peterson is a ****ty pass rusher.

We're picking sides here and you're making it sound like he's just a situational pass rusher. He's not. He's been incredibly solid against the run and has been transcendent against the pass.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm off the burfict train, unless he can be had in the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft.

I'm kinda with you, he seems to get lost a lot of plays. Potential is there though

SoCalBronco
11-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Luke Kuechly (sp) is by far the best MLB prospect, IMO. He totally destroyed our offense this past week. I was very impressed with him, both against the run and also against the pass.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Hilarious that apos is saying he is rotated in and out, like he is joe mays.....or woodyard.... Errrrrrrrr

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Hilarious that apos is saying he is rotated in and out, like he is joe mays.....or woodyard.... Errrrrrrrr

Wrong, i said he rotated out on key plays and was spelled by hagan (spelled means when he was tired for those of you slow folk like vonq) and I said was sat for a half for one game. So are you saying he never comes out of the game, god i hope you arent.

Reading is fundamental. Durrrrr

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:57 PM
When did I admit he was "bad" against the run? He may over pursue here and there, but he's obviously been a force against the run. A real big force He's already a plus player on the run. And I said hes not asked to cover. It would be like me saying Peterson is a ****ty pass rusher.

We're picking sides here and you're making it sound like he's just a situational pass rusher. He's not. He's been incredibly solid against the run and has been transcendent against the pass.

Quote where I claimed anything remotely implying that.

Please.

24champ
11-27-2011, 09:58 PM
He is an every down player. You can make the case he isn't a "100 percent complete player," but i think thats unfair because he's not asked to cover much...as well he shouldnt. Obviously, he can improve, but he's already pretty dominant.

His job is to cover if the situation arises, and sometimes when it is a passing situation, he is taken out. He'll get better, and become a complete player soon. Just not right now, and he's not in the conversation for DPOY. He'll get DPOY in the future, and there's lots of potential with Von. I think if Xanders and Elway are smart, they would build around Von Miller and bring back Orange Crush.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote where I claimed anything remotely implying that.

Please.

It was a bit of a hyperbole. But by implying that he's constantly taken out and not good against the run?

Again, we're picking sides to enhance our arguments. I think we can all agree von miller is ****ing awesome and lets just leave it at that. He's going to continue to grow, and he's already great.

DPOY discussion is all subjective anyway.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
It was a bit of a hyperbole. But by implying that he's constantly taken out and not good against the run?

Again, we're picking sides to enhance our arguments. I think we can all agree von miller is ****ing awesome and lets just leave it at that. He's going to continue to grow, and he's already great.

DPOY discussion is all subjective anyway.

OH NO ****?!?!?!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
His job is to cover if the situation arises, and sometimes when it is a passing situation, he is taken out. He'll get better, and become a complete player soon. Just not right now, and he's not in the conversation for DPOY. He'll get DPOY in the future, and there's lots of potential with Von. I think if Xanders and Elway are smart, they would build around Von Miller and bring back Orange Crush.

Whatever. He still has tons of snaps...this idea that he's taken out on a regular basis is just wrong.

Agreed, he's awesome. I personally think he's in the conversation for DPOY, you don't, lets just agree to disagree...its a subjective argument anyway.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:00 PM
OH NO ****?!?!?!

I thought the hyperbole was obvious.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Wrong, i said he rotated out on key plays and was spelled by hagan (spelled means when he was tired for those of you slow folk like vonq) and I said

Reading is fundamental. Durrrrr

What key plays is he pulled out on?

This should be enlightening.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:02 PM
And you know the worst part about this thread.

The second Von ****s up, now you guys will be on the "i told you so" bandwagon. Because thats how this place is. That just sucks. Lets just root for him.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:03 PM
What key plays is he pulled out on?

This should be enlightening.

Want me to go show you a whole half of football where he was benched? Seriously, you don't watch the games do you? That is rhetorical by the way, clearly you don't.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:04 PM
I thought the hyperbole was obvious.

What's obvious was people being SUPER ****ing sensitive about nothing.

No one has said ANYTHING disparaging about Miller. In fact, the worst I've seen mentioned about him has including adjectives like "outstanding" and people like you with hurt feelings have offered NOTHING in terms of factual refutation of the points raised (points which don't even slight Miller!).

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:04 PM
what key plays is he pulled out for

Rev said Von SPLITS TIME...LMFAO

Whats the split?

90/10... Lol

And Rev said Von ” isnt a 3 down player ”
Fkn joke you and apos are.

A joke.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:06 PM

The second Von ****s up, now you guys will be on the "i told you so" bandwagon. Because thats how this place is. That just sucks. Lets just root for him.

No way he is going to **** up he is a rookie. He still is amazing is on pace for All Pro type numbers. The fact he comes out on certain plays is minor in the scheme of things, at least for me.

Like I said he could have a sophomore slump and just be a Pro Bowler. But he won't get DPOY because he has room to get better.

Think about it, he can get better. How scary is that.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:07 PM

This is what caused you to start b****ing:

Me?

Yeah.

****ing get a grip. It's not like he was asking about a straight up trade between Miller and Dareus LOL

I also even said this:

PP already owns the rookie record for punt returns and is 1 away from the NFL record. TRY to dispute it or stfu. I'm sick of people like you crying foul over personal reasons and NEVER bringing ANYTHING to the discussion to actually talk about.

Step up or go, but either way stop crying. ****ing annoying ****s.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Whats the split?

90/10... Lol

A joke.

Durrrr, you don't even watch the games do you? You sir are the ****ing joke.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:08 PM
What's obvious was people being SUPER ****ing sensitive about nothing.

No one has said ANYTHING disparaging about Miller. In fact, the worst I've seen mentioned about him has including adjectives like "outstanding" and people like you with hurt feelings have offered NOTHING in terms of factual refutation of the points raised (points which don't even slight Miller!).

Ummm I did? People were claiming he's not an "every down player" (might not have been you, but someone did) The number of snaps he plays suggests otherwise. Someone said he's a liability against the pass...he's not really asked to do that much, and im not even sure its true.

What facts do you need? his 10.5 sacks? The fact that he leads the league in QB hits? The amount of double teams he commands (and often beats)? The huge plays he's made in key situations (including 2 today?) ANd please dont pull the 28 points thing out again.

In fact, this was a thread praising Von...so for the argument to even get to this point, something disparaging was obviously said. I'm not being SENSITIVE, I just dont get these arguments. The guy has been the biggest difference maker on our D.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Want me to go show you a whole half of football where he was benched? Seriously, you don't watch the games do you? That is rhetorical by the way, clearly you don't.

I know he was benched.

What KEY PLAYS IS HE TAKEN OUT ON.

GETTING BENCHED FOR POOR GAP CONTROL ISNT KEY PLAYS.

Again more talking out your ass.

What key plays is he taken out for specifically?

Thats what you said.

I was the first person to say he got benched you stupidass, can you read?

Thats not von miller is taking out on key plays

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:10 PM

Whats the split?

90/10... Lol

A joke.

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101119&page=4

Stalker who's pathetically wrong on a regular basis.

^ That's you, I'm talking about, btw... ya know, since your literacy levels are staggeringly low.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:10 PM
No way he is going to **** up he is a rookie. He still is amazing is on pace for All Pro type numbers. The fact he comes out on certain plays is minor in the scheme of things, at least for me.

Like I said he could have a sophomore slump and just be a Pro Bowler. But he won't get DPOY because he has room to get better.

Think about it, he can get better. How scary is that.

Oh, i agree.

But just wait...you've been here long enough. He'll **** up, and now people will nitpick. And I dont think he comes out much...again, his snap count is pretty high.

And he deserves to be in THE CONVERSATION for DPOY. He's been a difference maker and has great stats to back it up. Not saying he should win it going away...but i do believe he's earned, thus far, to be in the convo. If he keeps up this pace...even more so.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
I know he was benched.

Thats what you said.

Thats not

Don't watch any of the game do you.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM
I know he was benched.

Thats what you said.

Thats not

http://menversus.com/images/bertstare.jpg

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM

Laughable isn't it

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh, i agree.

But just wait...you've been here long enough. He'll **** up, and now people will nitpick. And I dont think he comes out much...again, his snap count is pretty high.

And he deserves to be in THE CONVERSATION for DPOY. He's been a difference maker and has great stats to back it up. Not saying he should win it going away...but i do believe he's earned, thus far, to be in the convo. If he keeps up this pace...even more so.

He HAS ****ed up and this thread is a prime example that anyone NOT EVEN NITPICKING gets attacked by morons.

Frankly, **** you kindly.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 10:13 PM

Sort of depends on if he makes a bunch more big plays and helps gets broncos to playoffs. What's he at 10 sacks, 5 games left, he has a couple double sack games he could get into a lot of postseason award conversations.

DPOY though? wow he would probably need some really big plays to get over on that one.

Defensive Rookie of the yr is his to lose right now. One he's getting sacks which is a glamor stat, but also some big stops in the run game.

That could make up for what he isn't that great at, coverage.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Durrrr, you don't even watch the games do you? You sir are the ****ing joke.

Here we go.

More bs message board fake tough guys called out, and when the got nothing, its ” you dont even watch”

pathetic.

Again....

what key plays is he taken out on

What key situations is he rotated out on apos, do tell.

Enlighten us all, duperfan.

What key play was he benched???

Still waiting....

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Sort of depends on if he makes a bunch more big plays and helps gets broncos to playoffs. What's he at 10 sacks, 5 games left, he has a couple double sack games he could get into a lot of postseason award conversations.

DPOY though? wow he would probably need some really big plays to get over on that one.

Defensive Rookie of the yr is his to lose right now. One he's getting sacks which is a glamor stat, but also some big stops in the run game.

That could make up for what he isn't that great at, coverage.

Totally agree

24champ
11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Someone said he's a liability against the pass...he's not really asked to do that much, and im not even sure its true.

For christ sake, his job is to cover TE and the RB at times, when the situation calls for it. That's what a Sam linebacker does. They are responsible for the TE if it is a passing situation.

McDman
11-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Why can't we all just get along?!!?!?!?!?!

24champ
11-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Send these guys to the Football education thread that Mediator teaches in. FFS.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Here we go.

More bs message board fake tough guys called out, and when the got nothing, its ” you dont even watch”

pathetic.

Again....

Still waiting....

Go watch some football and come back and chat when you think you are ready. Clearly you are angry that I think he is the front runner for DROY but not DPOY. It is funny watching you throw your fit. Keep it up, my three year old is laughing at your maturity.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Go watch some football and come back and chat when you think you are ready. Clearly you are angry that I think he is the front runner for DROY but not DPOY. It is funny watching you throw your fit. Keep it up, my three year old is laughing at your maturity.

Reminds me of Freak6, honestly.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Here we go.

pathetic.

Again....

Still waiting....

They had done that earlier in the yr, but I don't think Miller being taken out at this point anymore. Maybe for a rest here and there like a lot of front 7 guys who are working hard.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:19 PM
He HAS ****ed up and this thread is a prime example that anyone NOT EVEN NITPICKING gets attacked by morons.

Frankly, **** you kindly.

Holy ****ing ****, now who is being sensitive?

I cant even believe this conversation got to this. Clearly, he can improve...he's a ****ing rookie. But to suggest he's constantly taken out (false) or blaming him for being "poor" in coverage when he's not asked to play it much is absurd.

He's made a **** ton of big plays for us in key moments. And he gets a lot of attention from other defenses.

He's ****ing awesome, i think he deserves to be in the convo for DPOY (as of today) and im sure many would agree.

Jeez.

24champ
11-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Reminds me of Freak6, honestly.

Freak6 was a lot more hostile...lot more.

vonqkilla
Again, getting benched for poor play isn't being taken out on key plays as apos made up.

What key play vs the jets was he benched? Vs the chiefs?

Vs the raiders.

Still waiting, for those

key plays he gets rotated out for

Lmao

Hey rev, what package is von miller not included in?

Lol

SonOfLe-loLang
For christ sake, his job is to cover TE and the RB at times, when the situation calls for it. That's what a Sam linebacker does. They are responsible for the TE if it is a passing situation.

He.Is.Not.A.Normal.Sam.And.In.Most.Passing.Situati ons.He.Is.Rushing.The.****ing.Passer.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:21 PM
Ok, im done with this ****ing conversation. As much as i love talking in circles.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Sad thing isk we all agree he is awesome and playing way above a rookie level. That is getting let in this pissng contest. Let's just enjoy it, how does that sound?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Sad thing isk we all agree he is awesome and playing way above a rookie level. That is getting let in this pissng contest. Let's just enjoy it, how does that sound?

Thats what I said like 20 posts ago. I have no clue how the convo got to this.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Holy ****ing ****, now who is being sensitive?

I cant even believe this conversation got to this. Clearly, he can improve...he's a ****ing rookie. But to suggest he's constantly taken out (false) or blaming him for being "poor" in coverage when he's not asked to play it much is absurd.

He's made a **** ton of big plays for us in key moments. And he gets a lot of attention from other defenses.

He's ****ing awesome, i think he deserves to be in the convo for DPOY (as of today) and im sure many would agree.

Jeez.

I want you to go back and quote the things I've said you disagree with and why.

Frankly I just dare you to find ANYTHING.

You're just being a dick in the name of sensitivity, so go ahead and bring something to the discussion.

Quote away.

HAT
11-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Thats what I said like 20 posts ago. I have no clue how the convo got to this.

Go back to the main page and click on the post count and you'll have your answer. :wiggle:

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:26 PM
Still waiting for those key plays he gets benched on.

Hey rev, is he benched in base, nick, big nick, dime....

Or just on fgs... Lol.

What key plays has he been benched on?

Gotta be a ton you can quote vs the jets, chiefs, raiders... In games this close, gotta be alot of key plays dennis allen benched him.

How about in the second half, any key plays today he was rotated out on....

What key plays....

Still waiting.... Getting benched for 2 series does not = ” key plays”

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:27 PM
Go back to the main page and click on the post count and you'll have your answer. :wiggle:

Yeah... this is TOTALLY me.

I not only asked myself about Peterson in comparison to Miller, but then I got super offended and bitched about the answer for several pages.

...shouldn't you be on a Chiefs board by now, btw?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:27 PM
I want you to go back and quote the things I've said you disagree with and why.

Frankly I just dare you to find ANYTHING.

You're just being a dick in the name of sensitivity, so go ahead and bring something to the discussion.

Quote away.

1) I never personally attacked anyone, so i dont know how I'm being a dick.
I said, CLEARLY IN JEST, i thought you were crazy for saying you'd prefer Peterson than Miller. THATS IT.

2) Someone, I DONT THINK IT WAS YOU, said he was NOT an everydown player when he is.

And, again, I think hating on his coverage abilities (which he can improve upon) like its some achilles heel of his game is a bit overblown when he's not asked to do it a ton.

He's not a traditional SAM.

epicSocialism4tw
11-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey guys...

We WON.

TheReverend
Still waiting for those key plays he gets benched on.

Hey rev, is he benched in base, nick, big nick, dime....

Or just on fgs... Lol.

What key plays has he been benched on?

Gotta be a ton you can quote vs the jets, chiefs, raiders... In games this close, gotta be alot of key plays dennis allen benched him.

How about in the second half, any key plays today he was rotated out on....

What key plays....

Still waiting.... Getting benched for 2 series does not = ” key plays”

^ Creeper

More evidence to both him being creepy and football inept:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101119&page=4

HAT
Yeah... this is TOTALLY me.

I not only asked myself about Peterson in comparison to Miller, but then I got super offended and b****ed about the answer for several pages.

...shouldn't you be on a Chiefs board by now, btw?

Relax hotshot....I through a wiggly smiley in there to show I was just giving you a little ****.

And sorry, I don't get the Chiefs reference ???

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:30 PM
1) I never personally attacked anyone, so i dont know how I'm being a dick.
I said, CLEARLY IN JEST, i thought you were crazy for saying you'd prefer Peterson than Miller. THATS IT.

2) Someone, I DONT THINK IT WAS YOU, said he was NOT an everydown player when he is.

And, again, I think hating on his coverage abilities (which he can improve upon) like its some achilles heel of his game is a bit overblown when he's not asked to do it a ton.

He's not a traditional SAM.

So you're not going to quote anything said that you disagree with?

Go ****ing figure.

...Last ****ing time I answer any goddamn questions about Miller that's for sure. You people are 10x worse than "Tebowites". Get a ****ing grip.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Hey apos, is 3rd down a key play.

3Rd and short is he rotated out?

What about 3rd and long? Are those key plays. Maybe he get rotated out in the redzone? No....

Hmmm

I know... 4Th qtr, or OT. Lots of key plays there.

Enlighten us all.

What key plays and situations does von miller take a seat to haggan on.

Enlighten us all...
For the record, I dont see him as dpoy either.

24champ
11-27-2011, 10:31 PM
He.Is.Not.A.Normal.Sam.And.In.Most.Passing.Situati ons.He.Is.Rushing.The.****ing.Passer.

He still needs to know how/when to cover a TE/RB if he wants to be a complete player. That's all and he'll figure it out with experience and Allen knows what he is doing with him.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:32 PM

Go ****ing figure.

...Last ****ing time I answer any goddamn questions about Miller that's for sure. You people are 10x worse than "Tebowites". Get a ****ing grip.

I don't even know what the **** you want me to find?!?!?!!?

IM JUST DISAGREEING WITH YOU AND I THINK HE SHOULD BE IN THE CONVO FOR DPOY. THATS IT! ITS A ****ING OPINION OF MINE.

Talk about an overreaction?

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 10:33 PM

Go ****ing figure.

So, Rev... If you had the choice to trade Miller for Cutler (pre-broken finger, of course) or crank your testicles in a vice while drinking molten metal, which would you do?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:33 PM
He still needs to know how/when to cover a TE/RB if he wants to be a complete player. That's all and he'll figure it out with experience and Allen knows what he is doing with him.

I didnt disagree with this. I was disputing your claim he's not an "every down player."

And though i dont pay attention, I dont think Demarcus Ware is a whizz in pass coverage. In fact, for years, people claimed he wasnt even all that good against the run.

And if there comes a day when Miller is covering TE's more than rushing the passer, that's the day you fire your d-coordinator.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't even know what the **** you want me to find?!?!?!!?

IM JUST DISAGREEING WITH YOU AND I THINK HE SHOULD BE IN THE CONVO FOR DPOY. THATS IT! ITS A ****ING OPINION OF MINE.

Talk about an overreaction?

And how do you justify this opinion?

IMO, he should walk with dRoy easy, but dPoy consideration itself is ridiculous at this point.

epicSocialism4tw
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Hey, did you guys know that the Broncos WON?

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
No examples apos and rev?

Rev said he isn't an everydown player. What down does he come out on? 1St? 2Nd? 3Rd?

Rev said he splits time. Really, or is it just rookie getting benched a few times. Way way way different from ” splitting time”

& apos

What key plays and situations is Von Miller benched in?

Do tell. You must have many many examples of key individual plays and situations where he is rotated out on.

Waiting geniuses.

Name them.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:39 PM
So, Rev... If you had the choice to trade Miller for Cutler (pre-broken finger, of course) or crank your testicles in a vice while drinking molten metal, which would you do?

Easy decision after this thread...

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:39 PM

Ha!

Honestly it doesn't even feel like it right now.

Jesus people.

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 10:41 PM
I didnt disagree with this. I was disputing your claim he's not an "every down player."

And though i dont pay attention, I dont think Demarcus Ware is a whizz in pass coverage. In fact, for years, people claimed he wasnt even all that good against the run.

And if there comes a day when Miller is covering TE's more than rushing the passer, that's the day you fire your d-coordinator.

How can you, in the same breath, say he plays the same role as Ware but then say he should be in the consideration for DPOY when he has ~75% of the sacks Ware does? (I'm thinking Ware is around 14-15)

It seems it'd be a pretty short discussion. I consider going to the gym to work out rather than parking it on the couch on Sunday afternoons but not for long...

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:42 PM
And how do you justify this opinion?

IMO, he should walk with dRoy easy, but dPoy consideration itself is ridiculous at this point.

I will say it one more time. And, also, I generally defer to your football opinion, I know you know more than me.

Last year, the Broncos were historically bad. 100 percent horrid.

This year, its a force. And the leader of our defense is Von Miller. He's the guy we move around, he's the guy that demands the double team, and he's the guy who consistently has come up with the big play. Also, he has the stats to back up his play (10.5 sacks/most QB hits in the league). He was D player of the week last week, his tackle today knocked SD out of field goal range, hell...even earlier this season against Tenn, if Kyle Orton was worth half a damn and the broncos could punch it in from the 1, we'd point to that game where miller's sack/fumble was the difference.

Teams seem to have changed the way they play against us because our pass rush has turned into something to be feared (and during the Raider game, Palmer was constantly point out where he was). He's our best pass rusher, consistently splits double teams (and has made some amazingly pretty sacks along the way.)

That is all. I have not watched a ton of Ware (i have of Allen), but im sure they've made mistakes as well and have their warts.

Im just saying he deserves to be part of the conversation...i dont see why this is the oddest thing ever.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:44 PM
How can you, in the same breath, say he plays the same role as Ware but then say he should be in the consideration for DPOY when he has ~75% of the sacks Ware does? (I'm thinking Ware is around 14-15)

It seems it'd be a pretty short discussion. I consider going to the gym to work out rather than parking it on the couch on Sunday afternoons but not for long...

Holy ****ing hell. Yes, he STILL DESERVES TO BE IN THE CONVERSATION!!!!!!!

Steve Sewell

But...

28 points is 28 points.

Not a single GM in the NFL would trade Miller for Peterson at this point.

SonOfLe-loLang

that might not be the best argument :)

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:47 PM

Sacks are calculated to count for roughly 2 pts per sack over the course of a game according to nfl staticians and gms.

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Holy ****ing hell. Yes, he STILL DESERVES TO BE IN THE CONVERSATION!!!!!!!

Cool, can I be in it too? It'd make for a cool story.

If someone else does the same exact thing you do and does it better, they're better.

Logic simplified.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:49 PM

Highly doubt that...

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Sacks are calculated to count for roughly 2 pts over the course of a game according to nfl staticians.

LOL

Redskins and Vikings are wondering WTF is up with their record then.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Cool, can I be in it too? It'd make for a cool story.

If someone else does the same exact thing you do and does it better, they're better.

Logic simplified.

He also leads the league in QB hits. ANd football isnt that cut and dry, and you know it. Getting sacks isnt like hitting bullseyes in archery.

So, yes, he deserves to be in the convo. I'm not claiming ZOMG, HES SO MUCH BETTERZ THAN WARE...im saying he's earned his way into the convo.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Sacks are calculated to count for roughly 2 pts per sack over the course of a game according to nfl staticians and gms.

:spit:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Link?

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:51 PM
LOL

A full fledged turnover isn't even "worth" 3 points in most cases, so I can't wait to hear this douche's justification...

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 10:52 PM
He also leads the league in QB hits. ANd football isnt that cut and dry, and you know it. Getting sacks isnt like hitting bullseyes in archery.

So, yes, he deserves to be in the convo. I'm not claiming ZOMG, HES SO MUCH BETTERZ THAN WARE...im saying he's earned his way into the convo.

Alright, well just don't spend too much time on him, yet.

Hopefully he is the entire conversation soon enough, though.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
LOL

Yeah, its derived from statistical analysis, not exact science. 2 sacks of vons were followed up with great passes for 1st downs, palmer, and sanchez, actually 3, dalton too, I guess I do watch games lol at these clowns. Anyway, I guess those sacks got us nothing?

Tough to say.

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 10:56 PM
I would do it if they threw in Beanie. Rev I have watched a lot of Peterson and I agree with you that he is special, the guy is going to be a shutdown corner no doubt.

Dude with the walrus as his avatar: Why are you so defensive of Von? I dont think he needs you to be his champion, nor have I seen anyone say anything that is factual about him that is negative.

LOL

Where the F is a walrus or did you just fail Kindergarten Animals 101?

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, its derived from statistical analysis, not exact science. 2 sacks of vons were followed up with great passes for 1st downs, palmer, and sanchez, actually 3, dalton too, I guess I do watch gamea lol at these clowns. Anyway, I guess those sacks got us nothing?

Tough to say.

Let's throw reality to the wind and claim your sacks = 2 pts (which I think we can universally agree IS retarded) theory is on.

Von would still have a LOTTTTTTTTTT of points (sacks, lol) to go to catch Peterson...

IronHog
11-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Highly doubt that...

I would do it if they threw in Beanie. Rev I have watched a lot of Peterson and I agree with you that he is special, the guy is going to be a shutdown corner no doubt.

Dude with the killer polar bear as his avatar: Why are you so defensive of Von? I dont think he needs you to be his champion, nor have I seen anyone say anything that is factual about him that is negative.

Popps

What an atrocity it would have been to watch this guy play in another uni. The thought makes me sick. Thankfully EFX was calling the shots on draft day and not the dopes around here who wanted a cornerback instead.

That One Guy
Yeah, its derived from statistical analysis, not exact science. 2 sacks of vons were followed up with great passes for 1st downs, palmer, and sanchez, actually 3, dalton too, I guess I do watch games lol at these clowns. Anyway, I guess those sacks got us nothing?

Tough to say.

For all intents and purposes, those sacks DO get you nothing if you allow them to convert afterward. That's why teams can have sacks but if they don't string plays together, it's all for naught. I think the utility of a mark in the "sack" category is highly overestimated here.

SonOfLe-loLang

Dude with the walrus as his avatar: Why are you so defensive of Von? I dont think he needs you to be his champion, nor have I seen anyone say anything that is factual about him that is negative.

It's a polar bear.

And I only started getting loud when the "hes not an every down player" comment was made.

24champ
11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
What an atrocity it would have been to watch this guy play in another uni. The thought makes me sick. Thankfully EFX was calling the shots on draft day and not the dopes around here who wanted a cornerback instead.

Not just any corner, mind you. Peterson is going to be the heir apparent to Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders. Revis is a great corner, but Peterson looks like a generational CB to me.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
A full fledged turnover isn't even "worth" 3 points in most cases, so I can't wait to hear this douche's justification...

lol

Ask any gm... I have, and sundquist said that btw.

When will you stop questioning me little boy. Such a coward inside, big internet bully here. Lol.

What down does von come out on again, who is he SPLITTING TIME WITH... LOL

WHAT KEY PLAYS AND SITUATIONS IS HE ROTATED OUT ON APOS, WHEN NAME THEM

YOU MUST HAVE some right ???

Vs the jets, lits of key plays..... Lmfao

Exposed

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 11:03 PM
lol

Ask any gm... I have, and sundquist said that btw.

When will you stop questioning me little boy. Such a coward inside, big internet bully here. Lol.

What down does von come out on again, who is he SPLITTING TIME WITH... LOL

WHAT KEY PLAYS AND SITUATIONS IS HE ROTATED OUT ON APOS, WHEN NAME THEM

YOU MUST HAVE some right ???

Vs the jets, lits of key plays..... Lmfao

Exposed

I'd just keep that source to yourself...

I'm just not sure how they could come up with that logic, personally. The stats could never be quantified and, as you said, often times sacks are entirely negated.

IronHog
11-27-2011, 11:06 PM
LOL

Where the F is a walrus or did you just fail Kindergarten Animals 101?

Ouch, I guess I failed that one. Couldn't tell what t was, I lurk here on my iPod, big mistake!

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Let's throw reality to the wind and claim your sacks = 2 pts (which I think we can universally agree IS retarded) theory is on.

Von would still have a LOTTTTTTTTTT of points (sacks, lol) to go to catch Peterson...

Id take von over peterson because we have 2 returns for tds, petersen has 4 last I checked. Von impacts plays more I think.

Again, I said sacks are used by staticians and gms and are roughly 2 pts, that came fr om sundquist.

Do you know more than sundquist now tooo..
lol

Still waiting for those key plays when we rotate von out.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 11:12 PM
I'd just keep that source to yourself...

I'm just not sure how they could come up with that logic, personally. The stats could never be quantified and, as you said, often times sacks are entirely negated.

I was just throwing it out there, I certainly dont swear by it, and cited 3 examples off the top of my head where it didnt = squat.

What other fan here can quote 3 instances where sacks were immediately wasted by first down conversions off the top of their head.

I need help, broncomania is a powerful drug.

Anyway,Sundquist said its used league wide to TRY and quantify sacks.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Miller is better at his position than any draft pick outside of Cam Newton. Even that is debatable. The rest is just nonsense.

That One Guy
11-27-2011, 11:13 PM
Ouch, I guess I failed that one. Couldn't tell what t was, I lurk here on my iPod, big mistake!

Ahhh... well all is forgiven. Just wanted to be a pain.

cabronco
11-27-2011, 11:17 PM

Shh...I need the pic of the guy eating popcorn. :wiggle:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-27-2011, 11:18 PM
loving this defense and its because of tebow and the offense that the defense aint getting worn down ie not making awful mistakes .staying on the field , be nice if the offense could convert more 3rd downs.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 11:20 PM
loving this defense and its because of tebow and the offense that the defense aint getting worn down ie not making awful mistakes .staying on the field , be nice if the offense could convert more 3rd downs.

Yep fact is an Orton 3 and out often was 3 passes and about 1 minute off the clock. Tebow even in a 3 and out takes up more clock then Orton.

Watch Orton be playing for Chiefs sooner rather then later though. Palko is horrible. Broncos putting Cassel out ended anything they could hope to accomplish end of this season.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM

accounted for when Miller's not even touching the P.
More Rev total bs talking out of his ass. Now von is only playing 66% of all defensive snaps. Just complete nonsense. Maybe 85, but not less than 80 im sure.
And even if he is benched for a quarter, that doesnt mean he isnt a ” 3 down player”!!!
really sad noone corrects this bs rev spews.

Popps
11-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Like TJ said over at Fat Man, Miller is simply the best pick in this draft.

Even better, he's playing an impact position, the way we use him.

**** Patrick Peterson. Who cares about the guy.

Archer81
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
More Rev total bs talking out of his ass. Now von is only playing 66% of all defensive snaps. Just complete nonsense. Maybe 85, but not less than 80 im sure.
And even if he is benched for a quarter, that doesnt mean he isnt a ” 3 down player”!!!
really sad noone corrects this bs rev spews.

Haggan was in and out alot today. At one point they had him covering Mathews when they motioned him out wide.

:Broncos:

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Von has played 626 snaps through week 10. Cam Newton, 685. Lets give our Ds total snaps 40 more than Cam Newtin who I think has played every down in Car, noone else has a PA.

625 / 725 is 86%.

REV said he only plays 66% of snaps.

My estimate was right on point.

Again, REV is FOS, and if you take his opinions seriously you do at your own peril of ignorance. He throws up ridiculous stats that truly distort any sense of truth or reality.

He does this to justify his horrible takes.

Furthermore, how can you take serious anyone who has such a lack of attention to detail,

he thinks our most effective def player plays literally 1/5 th as many snaps as he really does.

This is our highest true draft pick ever, and he spews out he sits a THIRD of the snaps!!!

& then dares to compare him to PP. 66%... Sad.

& dares to question how close I or others watch the game....

66% vs 86%. Undressing this guy is easy. Not sure why people give him any time.

Just to top it all off, he is supposed to be a diehard bronco fan.... Lmao, and comes here with this rev persona, and spews a sermon of lies and nonsense backed up with more lies.

If he is such a diehard fan, how can you say something so stupid like Von Miller sits on 33% of def snaps.

Its called talking out of your ass and making up bs to back it up.

Pathetic ” analysis”.

Exposed again....

vonqkilla
11-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Haggan was in and out alot today. At one point they had him covering Mathews when they motioned him out wide.

First half only. Again, I was first to say he got benched, I saw him immediatel6 lose gap responsibility, posted in thread. I didnt see hagan in the 2nd half. Could be wrong though.

epicSocialism4tw
11-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Like TJ said over at Fat Man, Miller is simply the best pick in this draft.

Even better, he's playing an impact position, the way we use him.

**** Patrick Peterson. Who cares about the guy.

Absolutely.

Get that Patrick Peterson crap outta here.

I hope that there isn't a bitter poster still clinging to an obsession about the guy.

Von Miller was a grand slam home run pick. He has been a major factor in winning the past 4 games and has been lights out all year.

After all those years without a pass rush watching QB's just pick us apart and now they're scrambling loose-legged out of the pocket and basically begging the ref to blow the whistle, and someone wants to complain because the rookie isnt perfect or because they would rather have used a #2 pick on a punt returner?

Get the heck outta here with that crap.

I'll take the QB-smasher ten times out of ten.

Von Miller isn't just good...he dominates.

Archer81
11-28-2011, 01:13 AM
625 / 725 is 86%.....

Well doing some digging...Denver's defense through week 10 had faced 658 offensive plays. Add the 75 SD had today and you have 733. If Von has played 625 snaps, that is 85% of the total. 66% would be 483 snaps Von has played.

I've searched but cannot find where you got 626 snaps for Von Miller.

CEH
11-28-2011, 06:17 AM
Patrick Peterson is a great punt returner. Miller is a great defensive football player. I can take Peterson out of the game very easiliy . Can't say the same think about Miller. And I didn't even mention the altitude. Denver made the correct pick.

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 06:20 AM
Von Miller was a grand slam home run pick. He has been a major factor in winning the past 4 games and has been lights out all year.

No one, and I repeat, NO ONE, is denying this.

lolcopter
11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
If we had PP he would take away the only thing royal is good at on this team

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Absolutely.

Get that Patrick Peterson crap outta here.

I hope that there isn't a bitter poster still clinging to an obsession about the guy.

After all those years without a pass rush watching QB's just pick us apart and now they're scrambling loose-legged out of the pocket and basically begging the ref to blow the whistle, and someone wants to complain because the rookie isnt perfect or because they would rather have used a #2 pick on a punt returner?

Get the heck outta here with that crap.

I'll take the QB-smasher ten times out of ten.

Things look for when building a franchise. QB LT and Pass rusher. end of story

TheReverend
11-28-2011, 07:18 AM
Things look for when building a franchise. QB LT and Pass rusher. end of story

Forgetting one...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/06/john-elways-blueprint-for-building-a-broncos-winner/9320/

Kaylore
11-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Forgetting one...

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/09/06/john-elways-blueprint-for-building-a-broncos-winner/9320/

You need good, not great corners.

Inkana7
11-28-2011, 10:06 AM
You need good, not great corners.

And Peterson isn't either of those, yet. He's a GREAT returner, though. There's no way I would ever trade Von for anyone. He has so much impact whereas a DB can be ignored very easily.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 10:16 AM
And Peterson isn't either of those, yet. He's a GREAT returner, though. There's no way I would ever trade Von for anyone. He has so much impact whereas a DB can be ignored very easily.

I wouldn't say "very easily". You lose your #1 receiver if you just ignore a dominant corner. The effects of that vary. Some teams are more reliant on their #1 guy than others. I do agree with your general point though. It's easier to avoid or minimize the effects of a big time corner rather than a big time pass rusher.

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2011, 09:01 PM

No Peterson has been a bit of a dissappointment at CB. Pass rushing is a premier skill in the NFL. It's much easier to get a good CB than a guy that has to be accounted for every play.

DENVERDUI55
11-28-2011, 09:06 PM

WTF....

Peterson has been beaten like a drum left and right. The only reason he even was starting week one was due to injury. He has been very average at CB.

McDman
11-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Von has played 626 snaps through week 10. Cam Newton, 685. Lets give our Ds total snaps 40 more than Cam Newtin who I think has played every down in Car, noone else has a PA.

625 / 725 is 86%.

Again, REV is FOS, and if you take his opinions seriously you do at your own peril of ignorance. He throws up ridiculous stats that truly distort any sense of truth or reality.

Furthermore, how can you take serious anyone who has such a lack of attention to detail,

he thinks our most effective def player plays literally 1/5 th as many snaps as he really does.

This is our highest true draft pick ever, and he spews out he sits a THIRD of the snaps!!!

Just to top it all off, he is supposed to be a diehard bronco fan.... Lmao, and comes here with this rev persona, and spews a sermon of lies and nonsense backed up with more lies.

If he is such a diehard fan, how can you say something so stupid like Von Miller sits on 33% of def snaps.

Pathetic ” analysis”.

Exposed again....

I think you're getting a little too upset about this.

Take a deep breath and calm down.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2011, 09:18 PM

625 / 725 is 86%.

Pathetic ” analysis”.

Exposed again....

calm down brosef, its really not that big of a deal.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Well doing some digging...Denver's defense through week 10 had faced 658 offensive plays. Add the 75 SD had today and you have 733. If Von has played 625 snaps, that is 85% of the total. 66% would be 483 snaps Von has played.

I've searched but cannot find where you got 626 snaps for Von Miller.

In the rookie report from the pro football focus guys, they had miller at that number after the Jets game.

epicSocialism4tw
11-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Get this Patrick Peterson crap outta here.

Go to an Arizona board and fawn over your boy there.

I know Von Miller, and he aint no Von Miller.

Buzz off.