PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller is becoming one of the best football players in the NFL.

Pages : 1 [2]

SportinOne
11-29-2011, 02:29 AM
Clutch.

that tack for loss won the game!!!!

it sure did.

BMarsh615
11-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Like TJ said over at Fat Man, Miller is simply the best pick in this draft.

Even better, he's playing an impact position, the way we use him.

**** Patrick Peterson. Who cares about the guy.

Peterson DROTY? Would be helpful if he was playing CB well. 5th most yardage allowed and 2nd most penalties.

https://twitter.com/#!/PFF_Neil/status/141105019440218112

TheReverend
11-29-2011, 05:00 AM
You need good, not great corners.

Clearly addressing any aspect of this conversation will make people cry harder even if you do it while describing Von with adjectives like "amazing" and "outstanding", so never mind.

Broncoman13
11-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Very true.

The attitude of the team changed with 15.

He just wins.

Von is a awesome. He saved that spin all day for that play.

Actually it was the second or third time that HS connected on it. The first time, I remember thinking if we coupled that with an outside safety blitz it would be brutal for Rivers. Rivers ran right around him the first time as Von spun inside beating his man easily.

One of the fastest spin moves I have ever seen. Dwight Freeney is taking notes on how to do it that quickly.

Jared Allen, DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller.... That is the order of top pass rushers right now with Elvis back.

Hulamau
11-29-2011, 05:52 AM
And it's not just what he's doing, it's WHEN he's doing it. Constantly stepping up at the most crucial times.

I've been b****ing about the pass-rush for as long as I've been on this board, and Von/Doom are finally giving me everything I've wanted, and more. THIS is the difference a clutch-pass-rusher makes for a team. It's a difference of wins and losses.

Nothing short of awesome to behold. And he does make the rest of the defense better, just like Tebow inspires the O and D to put out that extra effort.

Get goosebumps thinking about the future with this guy on our side! In the 2012 draft grab one more stud run stuffing D lineman with interior push to go with Bunkley, Thomas and Ty Warren next year and the dline rotation ... our biggest weakness for years ... is all set!

BTW Marcus Thomas has been earning his coin as well. The guy is playing at a different level too next to Bunkley! Love those heads up Pass deflections he's been doing this year ...

Hulamau
11-29-2011, 06:34 AM
What I love is Von's rapid progress as a 3 down LB, he has improved so much just since the public benching. The kid is sharp as a tack is a great face and spokesman for our franchise and can really think on his feet.

Peterson is an athletic marvel too but with a 50 cent skull. Von's being called on .. and has been answering the call ... to rove all over the line and make the right decisions in the moment .. .as has been Peterson in coverage with less success in improvising.

As a kick returned hes great, as a corner he has 'potential' and I have little doubt will be come a really good if not great corner in time.

So far on that score Miller far outshines Peterson. And I was a big Peterson supporter up until the last two weeks before the draft when it first became clear to me the potential of Miller Time on OUR team.

Hell, If Eddie had been back taking ALL the kicks this year he'd likely have 4 TD's by now as well. There's no way on earth swapping Peterson for Miller would be a better deal for the Broncos.

I doubt you'd find one legitimate analyst out there would would pick Peterson over Miller at this stage of their careers.

Now if we had magically landed both of them, that would be a different story... Would take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Rabb
11-29-2011, 06:39 AM
I was completely on the PP train before the draft, but Miller was the right choice. The kid changes the dynamic of this defense so much, it's unreal to watch. He is flat out dominating right now, without a full off-season to work with coaches.

Kaylore
11-29-2011, 07:05 AM
Clearly addressing any aspect of this conversation will make people cry harder even if you do it while describing Von with adjectives like "amazing" and "outstanding", so never mind.

Well fortunately for you, Fox agrees with you. He said having savvy veterans that know what they're doing on the back end is critical to any defense being good. He is a bit biased, but I recall Nolan saying similar things. It's one of the reasons Fox liked Dennis Allen. Their approach to schemes are radically different, but their general philosophies are the same.

TheReverend
11-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Well fortunately for you, Fox agrees with you. He said having savvy veterans that no what their doing on the back end is critical to any defense being good. He is a bit biased, but I recall Nolan saying similar things. It's one of the reasons Fox liked Dennis Allen. Their approach to schemes are radically different, but their general philosophies are the same.

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?! VON MILLER IS READY FOR CANTON NOW! DIE MORMON SCUM!

Rohirrim
11-29-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't see what the argument is about. In the great scheme of things, the LB position is more valuable than the CB position on the field. Given that Jeff Rodgers is getting such great production out of our STs, that part of the Peterson issue is semi-moot. Who knows, maybe Royal will return a couple more this season? Von Miller was the best fit for the Broncos at this point in time. He's obviously a high impact player as a rookie, which bodes well for the future. So, the Cardinals get their guy, and we got ours. IMO, we got the more valuable player, but whatever. Peace.

Br0nc0Buster
11-29-2011, 07:37 AM
no idea how this thread is now about Patrick Peterson, but I would much rather have a stud pass rusher than a stud punt/kick returner

I think we made the right choice

Franklin is playing better also, there might be hope for him at RT

Kaylore
11-29-2011, 07:47 AM
HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!?! VON MILLER IS READY FOR CANTON NOW! DIE MORMON SCUM!

I deserve that after seeing all my spelling errors. In my defense, I was typing from my phone so I was auto-corrected.

vonqkilla
11-29-2011, 08:36 AM
http://gifsoup.com/view1/3064213/von-miller-sack-o.gif

I want a rematch with Tebow at qb, champ at cb, and elvis 100%.

Just to gloat,

ALL OF US saying Tebow should start because when the bullets fly, Orton folds, and under pressure Tebow excels.

Also everything about leadership, GUILE (lol), & how it opens up the running game.

We were right, Fox & Ä lway were wrong.

Setting up april 2012 decision..

DENVERDUI55
11-29-2011, 09:03 AM
no idea how this thread is now about Patrick Peterson, but I would much rather have a stud pass rusher than a stud punt/kick returner

I think we made the right choice

Franklin is playing better also, there might be hope for him at RT

Yep you can get hester for a hell of a lot less than top 5 pick in the draft.

Trumpetblast
11-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Rev - I agree that PP's 28 points are huge, but he has also let big plays by him for TD's. The problem with choosing a guy mainly because of return points is that punters can start to punt out of bounds and take away that part of the game (the fact that they punt near him is a wonder to me).

Miller on the other hand can't be taken out of the game that easily. Plus there is a mental factor that goes with pass rushers. Every time Von hits the QB he puts doubt in the QB's mind. That doubt turns into bad passes and helps take away opponents points.

You don't need to score as many points if you don't give up many, and I feel like opponents will find ways to eliminate PP more easily than they will Miller. That said, PP has been a beast so far and there is no way I'll disrespect points.

Gutless Drunk
11-30-2011, 06:09 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/30/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-miller-by-a-mile/

"Every week I expect him to slip, and every week he does more and more to have this race ended abruptly. Thereís simply no denying that Von Miller - barring the kind of end to the year that would see him running away from the ball carrier on every play Ė is the rookie of the year.

In fact, thereís a legitimate case to be made that Miller, the all-around excellent player specializing in terrorizing quarterbacks, is the Defensive Player of the Year. I said it, and after another week where he essentially locked up our endorsement for rookie of the year, people need to start accepting the fact that Miller isnít any ordinary player.

But what of the rest of the rookies? In any other year there would be a number contending for the top spot, so they should take no shame in finishing second to Miller. Cam Newton was the best of the rest last week, but did he do enough in Week 12 to hold off the chasing pack? Letís find out in our Week 12 installment of our Race for Rookie of the Year.

1. [1] Von Miller, OLB, DEN, +51.3 (701 snaps)

He not only has the most QB knockdowns of any player (11 sacks and 18 hits), he also leads all 4-3 OLBís with his +19.3 run defense grade. Throw in a positive grade in coverage, and Iím asking myself one question. If heís this good already, how good will he be with a full offseason under his belt? Note to everyone voting for rookie of the year, if your ballot doesnít read Von Miller (with some exclamation marks) then you have failed football."

DENVERDUI55
11-30-2011, 08:37 AM
There is a lot of luck involved too in return TD's. Peterson fielding the ball on the 2 in OT leads to a loss more often than not. He should of been tackled where he caught it just lucky for him the Rams suck at tackling.

CEH
11-30-2011, 10:12 AM
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/11/30/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-miller-by-a-mile/

"Every week I expect him to slip, and every week he does more and more to have this race ended abruptly. Thereís simply no denying that Von Miller - barring the kind of end to the year that would see him running away from the ball carrier on every play Ė is the rookie of the year.

In fact, thereís a legitimate case to be made that Miller, the all-around excellent player specializing in terrorizing quarterbacks, is the Defensive Player of the Year. I said it, and after another week where he essentially locked up our endorsement for rookie of the year, people need to start accepting the fact that Miller isnít any ordinary player.

But what of the rest of the rookies? In any other year there would be a number contending for the top spot, so they should take no shame in finishing second to Miller. Cam Newton was the best of the rest last week, but did he do enough in Week 12 to hold off the chasing pack? Letís find out in our Week 12 installment of our Race for Rookie of the Year.

1. [1] Von Miller, OLB, DEN, +51.3 (701 snaps)

He not only has the most QB knockdowns of any player (11 sacks and 18 hits), he also leads all 4-3 OLBís with his +19.3 run defense grade. Throw in a positive grade in coverage, and Iím asking myself one question. If heís this good already, how good will he be with a full offseason under his belt? Note to everyone voting for rookie of the year, if your ballot doesnít read Von Miller (with some exclamation marks) then you have failed football."

Patrick Peterson, PR, ARZ: If I could ignore his moments of horrible cornerback play, he may be even closer to making the list. A special returner, but the Cardinals didnít draft a special returner, they drafted a cornerback.

Kinda where I stand. Needs to show that he is a player at the position he was drafted to play otherwise he's Ted Ginn Jr

TheReverend
11-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Patrick Peterson, PR, ARZ: If I could ignore his moments of horrible cornerback play, he may be even closer to making the list. A special returner, but the Cardinals didnít draft a special returner, they drafted a cornerback.

Kinda where I stand. Needs to show that he is a player at the position he was drafted to play otherwise he's Ted Ginn Jr

PFF does a GREAT job with DB's

Almost as good as Joyner used to lol

razorwire77
11-30-2011, 10:35 AM

I think we could get another LSU DB as a punt returner for a 3rd or 4th rounder that could also be a pretty decent nickel/dime DB.