PDA

View Full Version : Quite the epic run...

Popps
11-27-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm in no way a Tebow-cultist or a Tebow hater. I just love the kid and hope for him to get better as a passer, which he showed signs of today. So, until the season is over... I'm not that interested in evaluating whether or not he's the QB of the future. We simply need to see more.

But, for those long-time fans out there... am I wrong, or is this one of the most impressive runs a QB (and his team) have put together for us?
We've beaten the ENTIRE division on the road. That alone has to be historic.
Beyond that of course, you go from 1-4, dead in the water... to a winning record and fighting for the division. (With another solid team beaten in that run.)

I have no idea where this season is going, but I struggle to think of a circumstance this crazy in my 30 years watching the team. Wondering where you guys put this run in your all-time list. Personally, if we lose every game from here out... this is still the most excitement I can remember in this small of a time-frame in ages.

ant1999e
11-27-2011, 05:19 PM
You're beginning to see the light. This kid is something special.

Bronkota
11-27-2011, 05:22 PM
I'm in no way a Tebow-cultist or a Tebow hater. I just love the kid and hope for him to get better as a passer, which he showed signs of today. So, until the season is over... I'm not that interested in evaluating whether or not he's the QB of the future. We simply need to see more.

But, for those long-time fans out there... am I wrong, or is this one of the most impressive runs a QB (and his team) have put together for us?
Beyond that of course, you go from 1-4, dead in the water... to a winning record and fighting for the division. (With another solid team beaten in that run.)

I have no idea where this season is going, but I struggle to think of a circumstance this crazy in my 30 years watching the team. Wondering where you guys put this run in your all-time list. Personally, if we lose every game from here out... this is still the most excitement I can remember in this small of a time-frame in ages.

Perfect take Popps! Exactly where im at.............

jsco70
11-27-2011, 05:22 PM
After the blocked kicked, I was telling my son about some of the games in the 80's when "Mile High Magic" was in full effect. In those days, no matter what the situation or score was, I would not lose hope. Denver would usually find a way to win. This team is beginning to remind of the those good, old days.

Popps
11-27-2011, 05:23 PM

:spit:

Huh?

My opinion of him is essentially what it was a few weeks ago. Hopeful, impressed but not sold 100% he's the QBOTF. What "light" is being seen?
Why would I have to make a definitive judgment on the kid without seeing him play out the season? Silly response.

I'm talking about this team, and the run it's been on. Clearly, Tebow is the spark-plug and has been instrumental. He deserves a TON of credit.
But, it's more about where this run ranks in the minds of long-time fans... not really a chance for the zealots on either side to bicker. Plenty of threads for that.

Paladin
11-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Perfect take Popps! Exactly where im at.............

same for me, Popps.

Kaylore
After the blocked kicked, I was telling my son about some of the games in the 80's when "Mile High Magic" was in full effect. In those days, no matter what the situation or score was, I would not lose hope. Denver would usually find a way to win. This team is beginning to remind of the those good, old days.

This run is testing my limits and rebuilding my faith in the "ain't over 'til its over." After we punted in the first OT I was like "we may lose." I definitely thought punting the second time was stupid and when they got into field goal range and called timeout before the block, I felt "that was our chance and we blew it." Nope. We just won't die. We're a team of zombies.

Popps

Bingo. Because, with all due credit to Tebow... this defense held up TIME after TIME in this game. They played lights-out, and continue to make their biggest plays in the biggest moments.

It's a clutch feel this team has developed. It does feel like old times. :)

Vegas_Bronco
11-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Announcers hit that point today when they said "if you're a broncos fan your use to these kind of games...its not the prettiest offensive display...but some great defensive play...they play to give tebow a last shot." Defense has been AMAZING!!!

Tebow has 1 pick and no fumbles on 200+ carries.

This combination will win 80-90% of the time.

ScottXray
11-27-2011, 05:27 PM

Huh?

My opinion of him is essentially what it was a few weeks ago. Hopeful, impressed but not sold 100% he's the QBOTF. What "light" is being seen?
Why would I have to make a definitive judgment on the kid without seeing him play out the season? Silly response.

I'm talking about this team, and the run it's been on. Clearly, Tebow is the spark-plug and has been instrumental. He deserves a TON of credit.
But, it's more about where this run ranks in the minds of long-time fans... not really a chance for the zealots on either side to bicker. Plenty of threads for that.

Not sure where this ranks overall. There just have not been that many like this. It is getting close to the Revenge tour in 97-98 to get us to SB 32 in its scope....except that was in the playoffs and against one good team after another..
But considering where the team was before the bye this is about as impressive.

spdirty
11-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Doesn't come close to matching the Revenge Tour after losing to San Francisco in humiliating fashion on Monday night. Or the 13-0 run the next year. But it's pretty amazing given all the circumstances.

Vegas_Bronco
11-27-2011, 05:29 PM
This run is testing my limits and rebuilding my faith in the "ain't over 'til its over." After we punted in the first OT I was like "we may lose." I definitely thought punting the second time was stupid and when they got into field goal range and called timeout before the block, I felt "that was our chance and we blew it." Nope. We just won't die. We're a team of zombies.

Zombies are known to work overtime :wiggle:

SoCalBronco
Good stuff, Popps. At this point, we just need Popps to add a 55 to his username and he'll be good to go.

Dr. Broncenstein
As raw and inexperienced as he is to this point... thrown to the wolves at the absolute low point of the season with zero reps... on a shiat team in flux with a front office decidedly not in his corner... he's led the team on this "epic run." Just imagine what he can do when you build a team around him, cater the offense to his skill set, dedicate the entire off-season to developing him as a pro quarterback. Then keep doing that for a few years. It will likely work.

yerner
11-27-2011, 05:30 PM

****ing weirdo.

Paladin
11-27-2011, 05:30 PM
It is clear that Allen has put together a pretty good D scheme, and Fox is relying on them; some would sat too much, but wth, oit works. Miller is fabulous and really gives h3ll to the QBs, and Doom seems to be back enough to be a threat. Tebow is just adequate, but is a threat to run which obviuosly bothers Ds. Nice run, but it plays h3ll with my heart and my patience.....

Boogerboots
11-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Keep on runnin' those horses. It's like there are two versions of Orange Crush working on both sides of the ball right now... Offensive Crush and Defensive Crush.

As a fan I can finally say that after a few years of heartbreak, I can actually enjoy watching these guys prove all the critics wrong. All clutch and guts!

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 05:32 PM
As raw and inexperienced as he is to this point... thrown to the wolves at the absolute low point of the season with zero reps... on a shiat team in flux with a front office decidedly not in his corner... he's led the team on this "epic run." Just imagine what he can do when you build a team around him, cater the offense to his skill set, dedicate the entire off-season to developing him as a pro quarterback. Then keep doing that for a few years. It will likely work.

Let's hope EFX manage to pull their heads out of their asses before it's too late...

barryr

Yep, great post! Until he has a full offseason as the #1 guy and they add another receiver and RB, hard to say if Tebow for sure if the future. But no way do I believe this current team, if had one of the top rookie QB's right now playing, they would still be winning like they are. No way.

Popps
I mean, we saw Elway make lemonade out of lemons for years. But, I just don't recall ever being this dead in the water, and not only coming back into contention... but doing it on the road... all in the division. It's just nuts.

Ratboy
Epic run you say?

What about an epic spin move!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/901793/tebow1_medium.gif

Archer81
11-27-2011, 05:33 PM

I snapped when Mathews got that big run in OT. I should have known better.

:Broncos:

Popps
11-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Good stuff, Popps. At this point, we just need Popps to add a 55 to his username and he'll be good to go.

DJ is clearly off the sauce. He's played extremely well during this run.

But, he's teased me like this before. Not jumping to any conclusions just yet.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-27-2011, 05:34 PM
I mean, we saw Elway make lemonade out of lemons for years. But, I just don't recall ever being this dead in the water, and not only coming back into contention... but doing it on the road... all in the division. It's just nuts.

He may not be conventional, but you build a team around a guy like Tebow. This run is a fuggin bat signal that says just that.

SoCalBronco
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
DJ is clearly off the sauce. He's played extremely well during this run.

But, he's teased me like this before. Not jumping to any conclusions just yet.

lol...fair enough. DJ FTW...that's my boy. I'm on such a high right now after this win. If OAK slips up we are right there to take it. It's very hard to even grasp that as a concept, but its true, we somehow could be right there in the postseason....hosting a playoff game nonetheless. Fun times.

errand
11-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Wow I too am not 100% sold on the kid just yet.... I saw some very encouraging signs today. His throws look a lot better today than I have all year long... the receivers could of caught a couple of them that I thought were good enough throws... but decker bailed him out on that deep one as well. Mcgahee came through when needed.... colquitt had a very good punt it should of been down inside the 5 to go along with his otherwise outstanding day.... and the defence once again played lights out save for the fact that matthews got once again another 100 yard game versus the broncos.

Overall I was greatly impressed by the defense... and was impressed by tim's progress between completing 2 passes to completing over half his passes

Marked improvement is all I want to see.... of course 4 game winning streak isn't too bad either

Archer81
11-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow I too am not 100% sold on the kid just yet.... I saw some very encouraging signs today. His throws look a lot better today than I have all year long... the receivers could of caught a couple of them that I thought were good enough throws... but decker bailed him out on that deep one as well. Mcgahee came through when needed.... colquitt had a very good punt it should of been down inside the 5 to go along with his otherwise outstanding day.... and the defence once again played lights out save for the fact that matthews got once again another 100 yard game versus the broncos.

Overall I was greatly impressed by the defense... and was impressed by tim's progress between completing 2 passes to completing over half his passes

Marked improvement is all I want to see.... of course 4 game winning streak isn't too bad either

:wiggle:

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Not sure where this ranks overall. There just have not been that many like this. It is getting close to the Revenge tour in 97-98 to get us to SB 32 in its scope....except that was in the playoffs and against one good team after another..

I don't know if anything will be as great as the revenge tour, but this is becoming a pretty incredible run. To me Tebow took a big step today.... The thing that sticks out to me is that the Broncos are interesting again. People all over the country are saying hey look at these guys, and its not only because they are watching to see if Tebow fails or not. They are now watching to see if this team is for real... John Fox? I'm in. Tebow? We will see. Defense? SOLD! Elway? I'm in.

Hamrob
11-27-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm thrilled with the results. The defense is playing subperb thanks to great special teams, a great running game and most of all........few to no turnovers!!!

Here's what I'll say about Tebow:

1. He's a winner
2. He's got the talent to develop into a franchise QB
3. He is a playmaker
4. He does not turn the ball over.

One more thought on Tebow. Remember how many times he was sacked the first two games...13 wasn't it? How many times has he been sacked since then? Not many!

Archer81
11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm thrilled with the results. The defense is playing subperb thanks to great special teams, a great running game and most of all........few to no turnovers!!!

Here's what I'll say about Tebow:

1. He's a winner
2. He's got the talent to develop into a franchise QB
3. He is a playmaker
4. He does not turn the ball over.

One more thought on Tebow. Remember how many times he was sacked the first two games...13 wasn't it? How many times has he been sacked since then? Not many!

3 since, I think. And he had a ton of time today.

RaiderH8r
11-27-2011, 06:02 PM

Indeed. We're playing on house money so let it ride. Three division road wins is pretty sweet. We need to keep it u p against these teams down the stretch and we may be able to pull off the unthinkable.

spdirty
11-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Actually until this wave takes us into the playoffs, I'll put it right there with 6-0. But damnit looking back the Raiders, Chargers, and Titans games hurt right now.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Actually until this wave takes us into the playoffs, I'll put it right there with 6-0. But damnit looking back the Raiders, Chargers, and Titans games hurt right now.

You mean the three losses that were bumbled away by the pocket sloth?

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:07 PM

That's fair. That wasn't a bad run, either. (Pats/Cowboys and some other good teams in there.)

But, this is to me more impressive because our momentum was so far gone. We were just flat, and we had another chance to quit after the Detroit game but didn't.

This stuff is all subjective of course. Plus, the nature of how we've won these games has played into it feeling so epic.

Still, I recall very few stretches like this over the years.

ant1999e
11-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Huh?

So WTF is the point of this thread then? We need to be reminded of what the great Popps thinks? You have been far from a Tebow supporter. Constantly pointing out his flaws and blaming him for every mistake made. Now your take is

Quite a change in opinion if you ask me.

ant1999e
11-27-2011, 06:09 PM
****ing weirdo.

I didn't catch that first word. You must have had Popps cock in your mouth still.

Sim Pilot 4.0
11-27-2011, 06:11 PM

Huh?

I agree with you about this. What he's doing is fine but overall the team has to be credited for what's happening right now. I can't remember when we have won this many games on the road in the division. Credit cannot be given to 1 player. I'm enjoying it for what it is. The entire team is being evaluated right now. We have plenty of cap space for key players. I'm not even dreaming of going to the playoffs because the reality is we don't play the type of game to really make a deep run. In other words i'm not buying the hype from the media or getting gassed up by an illusion.

I'm enjoying bashing my friends week to week. That is enough for me ;D

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
So WTF is the point of this thread then? We need to be reminded of what the great Popps thinks? .

Ummm... it was a thread about a great run.

But, I noticed you're in full stalk-mode, and this is getting uncomfortable for everyone. So, I'll go ahead and put you on ignore and you can do the same, m'kay? Rest of us will enjoy this conversation.

You have been far from a Tebow supporter. Constantly pointing out his flaws and blaming him for every mistake made.

Yea, that's just pure insanity. I've been a fan of the kid since day 1. But, I've also been realistic and I've also wanted him to improve his passing.
But, you Tebow-first zealots live in a very black and white world.

Anyway, thanks for missing the point... stalking... and trying to derail the thread.

Talk to you never. :welcome:

Hamrob
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
I didn't catch that first word. You must have had Popps cock in your mouth still.Dude...simmer down or get lost!

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 06:13 PM
That's fair. That wasn't a bad run, either. (Pats/Cowboys and some other good teams in there.)

But, this is to me more impressive because our momentum was so far gone. We were just flat, and we had another chance to quit after the Detroit game but didn't.

This stuff is all subjective of course. Plus, the nature of how we've won these games has played into it feeling so epic.

It kinda reminds me of the no mistake jake season they went to the AFC Championship. Quarterback scrambles around and makes a few plays and doesnt turn over the ball, defense comes up big (Champ pick six against Pats, Goodman pick six against Jets). Lots of Heart stopping finishes.

TotallyScrewed
11-27-2011, 06:15 PM
What I'm really enjoying about this TEAM, is that there is not a single phase of the game where I'm crossed-fingers and praying they don't **** it up. I'm also really happy that they can overcome things outside of their play...officiating, crowd noise, poor play calling, occasional mistakes.

Savvy??

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:16 PM
It kinda reminds me of the no mistake jake season they went to the AFC Championship. Quarterback scrambles around and makes a few plays and doesnt turn over the ball, defense comes up big (Champ pick six against Pats, Goodman pick six against Jets). Lots of Heart stopping finishes.

Yea, and it just crossed my mind how cool this must be for Champ, after feeling like the season was lost. He has to be worried about seeing the playoffs again. He's probably smart enough to know this isn't a SB team, but at least the guy has some hope again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n74qajrx4b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Steve Prefontaine
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM

Rep! By far a more "epic run".

This run has been fun. The defense is improving every week, as it Tebow. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
The Revenge Tour was incredible, but we were an extremely talented team. The wins were hard-earned, but there was also a different set of expectations. This worst-to-first thing just has such a surreal feel to it.

Hope we can keep this up. This is getting very, very interesting.

ant1999e
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Dude...simmer down or get lost!

Whatever. I say poops is beginning to see the light and get called a ****ing weirdo. Yerner can kiss my ass. If you don't like it, put me on ignore.

titan
11-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Kind of reminds me of the 77 team. Obviously Morton and Tebow are very different types of quarterbacks, but that 77 team played off of its defense and a strong running game (Morton only averaged 10 passes a game that year). The 77 team had a great returner (Upchurch) - this year we have Royal.

The 77 team did it right from the start (going 5-0), this team coming back from a 1-4 start is even more impressive. When momentum is going for you it doesn't seem to matter who you play or where you play. The 77 team had what looked like an impossible schedule which they overcame to go 12-2. Who would have thought this year's team at 1-4 with 3 division games coming up on the road would sweep them all?

Definitely thought Tebow looked better passing today.

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Kind of reminds me of the 77 team. Obviously Morton and Tebow are very different types of quarterbacks, but that 77 team played off of its defense and a strong running game (Morton only averaged 10 passes a game that year). The 77 team had a great returner (Upchurch) - this year we have Royal.

The 77 team did it right from the start (going 5-0), this team coming back from a 1-4 start is even more impressive. When momentum is going for you it doesn't seem to matter who you play or where you play. The 77 team had what looked like an impossible schedule which they overcame to go 12-2. Who would have thought this year's team at 1-4 with 3 division games coming up on the road would sweep them all?

Definitely thought Tebow looked better passing today.

No matter what we think of the quality of the division this year, that's still insane. Those teams save their best for us at home... and none were good enough.

Jay3
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
3 since, I think. And he had a ton of time today.

Teams are deciding to drop 7 against him, then do a soft contain pass rush and force him to throw it against a crowded field.

oubronco
11-27-2011, 06:29 PM

Amen Brotha

oubronco
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Gotta say the O-line was giving Tebow tons of time to throw the ball and should get some props as well

enjolras
11-27-2011, 06:36 PM
He may not be conventional, but you build a team around a guy like Tebow. This run is a fuggin bat signal that says just that.

While I'm not completely sold, I'm closer today.

I've said all along what I want to see is throwing roughly on par with Rothlesberger's rookie season. Today, I felt like I saw that.

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 06:43 PM
Yea, and it just crossed my mind how cool this must be for Champ, after feeling like the season was lost. He has to be worried about seeing the playoffs again. He's probably smart enough to know this isn't a SB team, but at least the guy has some hope again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n74qajrx4b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has it been so long?! Playoff victories are so awesome!

Play2win
11-27-2011, 06:44 PM
DJ is playing awesome. I Think he might need one great LB around him and then he can just search and destroy. The defense definitely feels like a complete unit. Maybe Dennis Allen has a lot to do with this, I don't know, but they sure seem to be coming into their own.

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Anyone have a chance to really look at Mays in this game? I saw him get beaten once on a long run. But, we held up pretty well in short-yardage situations.

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Gotta say the O-line was giving Tebow tons of time to throw the ball and should get some props as well

He had Tom Brady time out there today a few times.

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 06:47 PM
DJ is playing awesome. I Think he might need one great LB around him and then he can just search and destroy. The defense definitely feels like a complete unit. Maybe Dennis Allen has a lot to do with this, I don't know, but they sure seem to be coming into their own.

And John Fox

Play2win
11-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Does definitely remind me of the Kardiac Kids, and the old Mile High Magic. The DS49 San Diego field goal blocks, etc...

Willis McGahee is clutch too, but a lot of that has to with the zone read and Tebow (I would imagine)...

Punisher
11-27-2011, 06:51 PM

great post

DrFate
11-27-2011, 06:51 PM

They really did

Not to take away from the OLine, but I wonder if the defense is simply surprised when Denver throws the ball?

Play2win
11-27-2011, 06:52 PM
And John Fox

good point. Its just so nice to have a defense that actually makes adjustments, and performs in crunch time. :thumbsup:

Play2win
11-27-2011, 06:53 PM
They really did

Not to take away from the OLine, but I wonder if the defense is simply surprised when Denver throws the ball?

It's so weird seeing a NFL QB having that much mother ****ing time to throw the ball.

spdirty
11-27-2011, 06:53 PM

Well yeah. It feels much better to me because Fox>>>>>>>>>>Mcdip****, Tebow >>>>>>>Orton, and VonDoom>>>>>>>>>>Doom just in terms of likability.

Still though, let's keep hoping this wave takes us into the playoffs before sucking each others ***** in premature celebration. 4/5 wins to get to 10-6 is very possible. Let's do this ****!

TailgateNut
11-27-2011, 07:02 PM

i will never forget the end of 97/98 revenge against the Jagwads, the beating the odds by beating KC and schlittsburgh on the road. (even if you don't count the SB win) that was NICE.

Sassy
11-27-2011, 07:04 PM
i will never forget the end of 97/98 revenge against the Jagwads, the beating the odds by beating KC and schlittsburgh on the road. (even if you don't count the SB win) that was NICE.

Yep! Was that Pitt game the one Romo was in Kordell Stewarts face all game and just giving him crap! LOL! ;D

Sassy
11-27-2011, 07:04 PM
It's so weird seeing a NFL QB having that much mother ****ing time to throw the ball.

At one time today he had almost ten seconds back there.

CEH
11-27-2011, 07:09 PM
At one time today he had almost ten seconds back there.

If he can throw better (hopefully time/reps/game situation) then he could see this contain defense alot and it will be a huge advantage for Denver. Chargers were just standing around doing nothing except making sure he didn't run. Very strange

Popps
11-27-2011, 07:11 PM

Amen.

I'm not going to go too far into the future, but it sure would be nice to at least have playoff hopes come season's end. I just hope we can take this momentum into the end of the season, no matter how it ends. I just don't want a late fade.

Looking at our schedule, anything is possible. But, I'm going to stop looking. One week at a time. :)

DrFate
11-27-2011, 07:14 PM

I think the Chargers made a concerted effort to keep Tebow from running on pass plays - rush three, drop eight, and have those front three try to contain above all else. Conventional wisdom says the 'typical' NFL QB carves you up with that approach.

I'll let the defensive experts on the board confirm (or tell me I'm full of it) :clown:

Paladin
11-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Agree,Popps, but you have to admit the the Broncos have a great chance against Minnesota.....

barryr
11-27-2011, 07:15 PM
If he can throw better (hopefully time/reps/game situation) then he could see this contain defense alot and it will be a huge advantage for Denver. Chargers were just standing around doing nothing except making sure he didn't run. Very strange

Yes, and talk about putting pressure on defenses. Do we worry about option plays? Do we worry about QB draws? Do we try to rush the passer and risk Tebow getting out of the pocket? Do we just keep our DL in their lanes and assign a spy on Tebow leaving more open spaces over the middle(for hopefully more accomplished receivers to roam)? The more you can keep defenses guessing, the better your offense will be, especially if you have play makers who can take advantage of certain match ups.

Gort
11-27-2011, 07:18 PM
You mean the three losses that were bumbled away by the pocket sloth?

if Fox wasn't so stubborn and had run a goal line Tebow package, we win that Titans game.

if SD doesn't push Willis on the final play, we might have won that game too.

that stupid penalty that let Janikowski kick a 63-yarder to tie Elam's record also made the difference.

we weren't in the same class as GB or DET, but those 3 games would put us at 9-2 instead of 6-5. of course, we might still be saddled with Orton, so that 9-2 could still have ended up being 5-6 instead.

it's frustrating. if we get blown out, we get blown out. but i want to win all the close games. thank God we now have a QB who can actually do that.

Popps
11-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Agree,Popps, but you have to admit the the Broncos have a great chance against Minnesota.....

Oh hell yeah.

They've played teams tough, though... and they've got nothing to lose. They'll definitely be up for a game against the Denver Tebows. They even played GB fairly tough.

Really no easy games on our schedule, and I hope we don't look past this one.
It'll take some serious coaching to keep these guys up after such an emotional run of games.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 07:19 PM

It was a little disturbing though to see our receivers take that long to get open, if they ever did...

Rigs11
11-27-2011, 07:20 PM
There is definitely something strange going on here.almost supernatural.all week pundits,fans,talkshowhosts aLl claim that it can't continue.and it does.the broncos are winning!it doesn't make any ****ing sense!but they win!

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 07:23 PM
It was a little disturbing though to see our receivers take that long to get open, if they ever did...

Like when willis was wide open waving his hands in the air jumping up and down, and the ball was thrown out of bounds?

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Like when willis was wide open waving his hands in the air jumping up and down, and the ball was thrown out of bounds?

Ha! Yeah that wasn't the only time. Tebow's having trouble seeing the field and for some reason it's taking the receivers waving their arms frantically for him to locate them. Even in Willis' case that wasn't enough.

maher_tyler
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Yes, and talk about putting pressure on defenses. Do we worry about option plays? Do we worry about QB draws? Do we try to rush the passer and risk Tebow getting out of the pocket? Do we just keep our DL in their lanes and assign a spy on Tebow leaving more open spaces over the middle(for hopefully more accomplished receivers to roam)? The more you can keep defenses guessing, the better your offense will be, especially if you have play makers who can take advantage of certain match ups.

If Tebow can consistently throw the ball accurately, guys catch the ball when it gets there and we get less predicable on O...we could have a very potent offense.

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Oh hell yeah.

They've played teams tough, though... and they've got nothing to lose. They'll definitely be up for a game against the Denver Tebows. They even played GB fairly tough.

Really no easy games on our schedule, and I hope we don't look past this one.
It'll take some serious coaching to keep these guys up after such an emotional run of games.

The Vikes have a decent to good defense. Im sure that mullet headed freak Jared Allen is going to be jacked up to play Tebow. I predict (shocker) a low scoring game that comes down to the wire.

barryr
11-27-2011, 07:27 PM
If Tebow can consistently throw the ball accurately, guys catch the ball when it gets there and we get less predicable on O...we could have a very potent offense.

Well, all of that will take a full training camp and another draft.

Popps
11-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Ha! Yeah that wasn't the only time. Tebow's having trouble seeing the field and for some reason it's taking the receivers waving their arms frantically for him to locate them. Even in Willis' case that wasn't enough.

Yea, that stuff is fairly predictable for any rookie QB... much less a guy who didn't run a pro-style offense in college. I also think he's just very conservative about where he'll throw the ball, which is great!

Hopefully things will slow down for him. We put him in a position to throw more this week, so that's encouraging.

barryr
11-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Throwing late over the middle is usually not a good idea though.

Gort
11-27-2011, 07:31 PM

that happens all the time for all QBs and always has.

one thing i've always wondered... is the headset in the helmet live during the play? if it is, what's to stop the OC in the booth from saying... "Tim, look over the middle, Willis is open!".

:)

edog24
11-27-2011, 07:34 PM

Well if it's thrown to them then they better be ready to catch the damn ball. Our WR's just don't fight for position or get the poorly thrown balls at all. Decker did a good job on the long bomb.

Royal didn't do crap. Johnson had a horrible drop, gonna give him a bit of a pass because he is not a WR. Thomas looks like he is sleepwalking out there, I think Fells is a better WR than he is at this point.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 07:35 PM

Receivers waving their hands doesn't mean they are actually open or that throwing to them is a good idea. C'mon Kaylore. Right now our receivers have trouble getting open because they lack talent overall. This isn't about Tebow having trouble seeing the field. Or at least, that's not the main issue. As others have pointed out. Throwing to Willis late would not have been wise.

Popps
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Royal, Decker and the ST's units were cash-money again today. Honestly, I hope you folks aren't taking this for granted. Think about how AWFUL we've been on ST's and for how long.

strafen
11-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Royal, Decker and the ST's units were cash-money again today. Honestly, I hope you folks aren't taking this for granted. Think about how AWFUL we've been on ST's and for how long.Popps, contain yourself!
You've been doing great so far, but I sense you're about to say something dumb...

barryr
11-27-2011, 07:40 PM
I think Thomas should get another year as well before labeling him a bust since he is coming off a serious injury, so he may not be a full strength and he has missed a lot of practice time, so I feel he deserves a full camp, like Tebow before judging.

But someone like Royal has had plenty of chances and it seems he gets outplayed by Matt Willis, an undrafted free agent WR who has been largely an afterthought the last couple of years. Royal really has no excuse since he did very little with Orton at QB either.

enjolras
11-27-2011, 07:45 PM

I don't think he's so much having trouble seeing the field as he REALLY doesn't trust his arm. I think he saw Willis, but he didn't want to throw into anything resembling a tight-window. Tebow really wants his guys to be wide open before he throws the ball.

I saw several moments in the game where he started to throw and hesitated and pulled it back down. That's just lack of confidence at this point. I like that he's not forcing it, and those throws will come with time and confidence.

cabronco
11-27-2011, 07:47 PM

I thought I saw Demaryius Thomas light up a smoke, and hide behind the zebra.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM
I think Thomas should get another year as well before labeling him a bust since he is coming off a serious injury, so he may not be a full strength and he has missed a lot of practice time, so I feel he deserves a full camp, like Tebow before judging.

But someone like Royal has had plenty of chances and it seems he gets outplayed by Matt Willis, an undrafted free agent WR who has been largely an afterthought the last couple of years. Royal really has no excuse since he did very little with Orton at QB either.

Royal walks next season. We're going to have to address receiver in the draft and in FA it looks like to me. We probably have the worst receiving corps in the NFL right now. Or at least we are in the running...

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 07:53 PM
I don't think he's so much having trouble seeing the field as he REALLY doesn't trust his arm. I think he saw Willis, but he didn't want to throw into anything resembling a tight-window. Tebow really wants his guys to be wide open before he throws the ball.

I saw several moments in the game where he started to throw and hesitated and pulled it back down. That's just lack of confidence at this point. I like that he's not forcing it, and those throws will come with time and confidence.

Yea and this is something that all young quarterbacks have trouble with. Especially ones that have no experience dropping back and reading the field. Notice that Tebow can read a run option no problem. With work he will hopefully develop that vision in the passing game.

These clowns saying the receivers are terrible and can't get open are just the type of people that make it difficult to even talk about Tebows strengths and weaknesses. There has to be an excuse for every single weakness. The receiver sucked, the coach screwed him, the front office was mean to him, the o line didn't block, the defense gave up too many points. But none of that matters cause this is a thread about the winning streak the Broncos are on right?

Turd_Ferguson
11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Royal walks next season. We're going to have to address receiver in the draft and in FA it looks like to me. We probably have the worst receiving corps in the NFL right now. Or at least we are in the running...

You're saying all these teams are better at receiver? Most of these teams best receiver is a tight end.

Seattle
Cleveland
San Fran
St Louis
Jets
Bears
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee

and then you have teams with one decent receiver surrounded by crap

Vikings
San Diego
Carolina

Archer81
11-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Yea and this is something that all young quarterbacks have trouble with. Especially ones that have no experience dropping back and reading the field. Notice that Tebow can read a run option no problem. With work he will hopefully develop that vision in the passing game.

These clowns saying the receivers are terrible and can't get open are just the type of people that make it difficult to even talk about Tebows strengths and weaknesses. There has to be an excuse for every single weakness. The receiver sucked, the coach screwed him, the front office was mean to him, the o line didn't block, the defense gave up too many points. But none of that matters cause this is a thread about the winning streak the Broncos are on right?

They are young. Sometimes they do have trouble creating seperation, but that is part of having young guys all over the place. Time corrects that, as evidenced today.

edog24
11-27-2011, 08:16 PM
They are young. Sometimes they do have trouble creating seperation, but that is part of having young guys all over the place. Time corrects that, as evidenced today.

Part of it is coming back to the ball on scrambles, not something our guys seem to grasp yet.

R8R H8R
11-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Concerning the lack of a charger pash-rush, and i don't want to take anything away from this young OL, but this is what happens when you have a team that is known for running it on 3rd & long.

I am reminded of the Fox interview when he showed film to a reporter and then said the "he'd be screwed" gaff. Anyway, on film he was showing how Hali, a pash rusher, is completely neutralized because he has to respect the run.

Good stuff, I like it! !Booya!

Bronco Yoda
11-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I have nothing to say. I'm the looney calling Teebs the force multiplier. Maybe someday omeday people will understand what that really means.

maher_tyler
11-27-2011, 08:30 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gqdNe8u-Jsg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Popps
11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
^lol

Rohirrim
11-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Vikes are 9th against the run and 29th against the pass. Maybe Tebow gets to toss the ball a bit more next week?

Popps
11-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Vikes are 9th against the run and 29th against the pass. Maybe Tebow gets to toss the ball a bit more next week?

He threw 18 times today, and there were quite a few called passes (it looked like) where he just ran. So, that's getting to be a better ratio. A few more short options would be nice if we can work it out. I realize from the staff's perspective, this stuff is hard to teach on the fly. You've got a few days to get ready for your next opponent. Passing 101 doesn't fit into that kind of schedule.

Tombstone RJ
11-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Tebow is a work in progress but if he can just get a decent passing game going, just a respectable passing game then this Broncos team is a true playoff contendar.

just throw the ball Tim. Throw it!! Throw the fuggen ball Tim!!!

maher_tyler
11-27-2011, 09:50 PM
You're saying all these teams are better at receiver? Most of these teams best receiver is a tight end.

Seattle
Cleveland
San Fran
St Louis
Jets
Bears
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Tennessee

and then you have teams with one decent receiver surrounded by crap

Vikings
San Diego
Carolina

I'd gladly trade for Edwards and Crabtree over what we have. Same with Plaxico and Holmes!

Hamrob
11-27-2011, 10:11 PM

But someone like Royal has had plenty of chances and it seems he gets outplayed by Matt Willis, an undrafted free agent WR who has been largely an afterthought the last couple of years. Royal really has no excuse since he did very little with Orton at QB either.Royal is worth his paycheck and spot on the team as a returner alone.

Popps
11-27-2011, 10:17 PM
Yea, Royal was instrumental in this win today and certainly in past weeks. Personally, I don't think the throw he "dropped" was a very easy catch.

HAT
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM

I'm sure somebody has already brought this up in the 4 pages I haven't read...But just in case:

One would have to go all the way back to 2009 to find another example of that happening.

McDman
11-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Epic run you say?

What about an epic spin move!

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/901793/tebow1_medium.gif

I LOL'd when that happened. Gotta love the spin into a tackle.

Hamrob
11-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Royal walks next season. We're going to have to address receiver in the draft and in FA it looks like to me. We probably have the worst receiving corps in the NFL right now. Or at least we are in the running...Wow. I think we are getting a little carried away.

I actually like our WR's...Decker and Thomas are young and talented. Royal is a good slot guy and Willis is a nice posession guy. Fells/Rosario/Thomas are an upgrade at TE.

Let's don't start blaming the receivers..........just because we don't call any passing plays.

I mean, get real........We only had what 20 passing plays (18 where he threw it, one sack and maybe one more than he pulled it down and ran).

Of the 20, he threw 3-4 of those away. Considering he completed 9 passes, had a couple drops, and threw 3-4 away of the 18 he attempted. That's really not all that bad.

If we were throwing the ball 25-30 times a game, I think we'd see alot more action with our WR's. But, let's face it, we're just not that creative.

If you put Decker, Roay, & Thomas with Drew Brees....watch out dude!

McDman
11-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Yea, Royal was instrumental in this win today and certainly in past weeks. Personally, I don't think the throw he "dropped" was a very easy catch.

He does have to do a lot of work on those throws he is getting but it is getting to the point where he has to make the catch.

Play2win
11-27-2011, 10:22 PM

If eddie turns out to be just a p/t reciever, but f/t returner, I call that a win.

Popps
11-27-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm sure somebody has already brought this up in the 4 pages I haven't read...But just in case:

One would have to go all the way back to 2009 to find another example of that happening.

Wonder how many times it happened before that. Couldn't have been many.
This also felt more dramatic because it happened in such a short span.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 10:58 PM

IMO Royal just needs more WR to help him out. He can't be returning punts, running into the backfield, manning the number 2 wr spot all yr. It's just Broncos thin at WR now.

Royal one of those players that just isn't that consistent, but he can run, is a good return guy, and IMO could be a solid 3rd WR.

I just don't believe he can be relied on as a number 2 wr.

Popps
11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
IMO, Royal and Decker are complementary receivers.
Problem is, we don't have a real #1. We traded him away.

We'll need to find one. Shame that Thomas seems so disinterested.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 11:01 PM
I LOL'd when that happened. Gotta love the spin into a tackle.

Ever see Robin Williams and Kurt Russel in The Best Of Times. That is str8 the Dr Death avoidance spin, don't knock it.

cutthemdown
11-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Tebow is a work in progress but if he can just get a decent passing game going, just a respectable passing game then this Broncos team is a true playoff contendar.

just throw the ball Tim. Throw it!! Throw the fuggen ball Tim!!!

The 256 touches without a turnover is pretty awesome though. It's almost like Tebow is a throwback, into a league not prepared to stop him.

I'm just going to some out and say it. The NFL has gotten soft and frilly. They want an untouched qb floating 50 yrd bombs down the field ala brady, rodgers, and yes even our Elway (except back then they hit them)

So in steps Tebow. He steps into a world where defenses are geared to rush the passer and play tough inside run defense with big DT.

But Tebow doesn't care about a pass rush. You come at him to hot he will burn you just like Vick does to teams when he is healthy. You over rush, he side steps and is gone. Plus pass rushers often not as good against the run, so another disadvantage.

Then to top it off Tebow takes tons of time off the clock. Now the other teams high powered offense stuck not getting the ball as much. They hate that. They want the other team to throw also, stop the clock a lot. Broncos Just going against the grain and it's making the experts look silly.

what is hogie saying now?

Popps
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
The time management aspect of all of this has been huge.
We are sending a rested defense out there most of the time.
That's crucial because we have a D built on aggression.

errand
11-27-2011, 11:50 PM
IMO, Royal and Decker are complementary receivers.
Problem is, we don't have a real #1. We traded him away.

We'll need to find one. Shame that Thomas seems so disinterested.

And it really is a shame about thomas because in college he made his name by performing in an option offense.... go figure

Popps
11-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Yeah Errand, he also came into the league with a good character rep.
He played hard his rookie season. Maybe he's just afraid of getting hurt. Seriously. Something just isn't right about this

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 12:38 AM

Eh, Tebow is still in manic mode. He'll settle down a little bit more each start, become a better passing QB. Like Elway has said about 60 times "he's a good football player, our job is to make him into a good QB." They've been easing him into the full QB role slowly, and it's working.

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Royal, Decker and the ST's units were cash-money again today. Honestly, I hope you folks aren't taking this for granted. Think about how AWFUL we've been on ST's and for how long.

It's been a superb team effort to make this 5-1 run and the ST's have been a huge part of it. No big returns against, big returns for. Nice three-phase effort. Not a lot of points scored by the O, but great clutch play by the O to win late because the D and ST's kept them in the game.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2011, 02:34 AM

Huh?

exactly my thoughts, I'm tired of the extremes on both sides. As to your question, It's definitely up in my top five overall, due to all the nail biters. What i probably love most winning is contagious, something we needed to learn how to do.

vancejohnson82
11-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Actually...we've been accustomed to fast starts and epic collapses

its nice to reverse the trend

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Wow. I think we are getting a little carried away.

I actually like our WR's...Decker and Thomas are young and talented. Royal is a good slot guy and Willis is a nice posession guy. Fells/Rosario/Thomas are an upgrade at TE.

Let's don't start blaming the receivers..........just because we don't call any passing plays.

I mean, get real........We only had what 20 passing plays (18 where he threw it, one sack and maybe one more than he pulled it down and ran).

Of the 20, he threw 3-4 of those away. Considering he completed 9 passes, had a couple drops, and threw 3-4 away of the 18 he attempted. That's really not all that bad.

If we were throwing the ball 25-30 times a game, I think we'd see alot more action with our WR's. But, let's face it, we're just not that creative.

If you put Decker, Roay, & Thomas with Drew Brees....watch out dude!

Decker is the only receiver on our roster that has done anything this season. Who are you kidding? If you put our receivers with Drew Brees all you would see is a down year for Brees. Nothing more.

Peoples Champ
11-28-2011, 08:13 AM

You are right, the kid is slowly improving as a passer, and was throwing strikes yesterday and threading needles.

Chris
11-28-2011, 08:15 AM
ESPN article on the run

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/36143/chargers-latest-to-get-tebowed

He forgot to mention the drops that our WRs had on dead-accurate passes.

R8R H8R
11-28-2011, 08:37 AM
We need to name this run we're on like was done for the "Revenge Tour".

How about "Haters can go to Hell Tour!"
:thumbsup:

HAT
11-28-2011, 08:40 AM
If you put our receivers with Drew Brees all you would see is a down year for Brees. Nothing more.

Yes, because Colston, Meachem, Henderson & Moore were all sure fire, can't miss, household names before Drew Brees.

Maybe if you put Brees on the Broncos he has a down year but if you put DT, Deck, Royal & Willis on NO...Brees doesn't miss a beat.

Crushaholic
11-28-2011, 09:02 AM
The offensive line gave Tebow a ton of time. That's good to see. He still needs to make quicker decisions with the ball...

cutthemdown
11-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes, because Colston, Meachem, Henderson & Moore were all sure fire, can't miss, household names before Drew Brees.

Maybe if you put Brees on the Broncos he has a down year but if you put DT, Deck, Royal & Willis on NO...Brees doesn't miss a beat.

You kidding we have no one of the roster as good as Jimmy Graham at the TE spot, as fast and shifty as Sproles, or as established a true number 1 WR as Colston. Not saying Drew Brees doesn't make guys better, only that he has way more weapons then Tebow.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 11:18 AM

Decker is the only guy that even makes that team. You are delusional.

edog24
11-28-2011, 11:24 AM

Yup, and he would be at best a #2, probably #3 slot type guy. Here, he is the main target and we have Jeremiah Johnson being thrown to. Royal should probably only be a PR, in the slot in multi WR formations.

Popps
11-28-2011, 11:25 AM
The offensive line gave Tebow a ton of time. That's good to see. He still needs to make quicker decisions with the ball...

Just had a San Diego fan stop in my office and whine about the game a bit. Amusingly, he's been one of the most vocal "Tebow won't make it as a pro" fans I've run into, personally. (Real world, not web.) He couldn't stand the fact that they were allowing Tebow time in the pocket.

But, if you go back and watch... it was all intentional. They were trying to keep him from getting to the outside by keeping linemen at home, and they dropped everyone into coverage. So basically... they "forced Tebow to beat them with his arm"... and he did.

Mangini was just on Sportscenter saying that essentially... teams have tried multiple approaches to stopping him and it hasn't worked.

Now, that sounds encouraging and I think it's true, to an extent. But, we need to put more points on the board. I don't think it's as easy to stop Tebow as simply doing A or B... but I do think we have to start putting up 20+ points on a regular basis. Our D is bound to have a slip at some point. We need to be able to account for it when they do.

Still, encouraging stuff overall!

HAT
11-28-2011, 11:26 AM

Who said anything about making a team?

Your contention was "If you put our receivers with Drew Brees all you would see is a down year for Brees.

I call bull****.

HAT
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
You kidding we have no one of the roster as good as Jimmy Graham at the TE spot, as fast and shifty as Sproles, or as established a true number 1 WR as Colston. Not saying Drew Brees doesn't make guys better, only that he has way more weapons then Tebow.

Please see the part of my post where I said if Brees was in Denver, than maybe Agamoron has a small point.

However...If you put Denver's 4 WR on the Saints alongside Sproles & Graham, than Brees doesn't miss a beat.

55CrushEm
11-28-2011, 11:29 AM
lol...fair enough. DJ FTW...that's my boy. I'm on such a high right now after this win. If OAK slips up we are right there to take it. It's very hard to even grasp that as a concept, but its true, we somehow could be right there in the postseason....hosting a playoff game nonetheless. Fun times.

Since we're getting ahead of ourselves.....how about this potential scenario?

Houston is the #1 seed right now.....now I don't think they'll hold onto it, butl let's pretend they do. Denver then gets the #4 seed as the 4th division winner.

We win our wildcard game with a massive homefield advantage.......then.....then....we go to that beat up Houston team that is on their 3rd string QB.....no Mario Williams.....and we steal it.

Then, then......Denver is in the AFC Championship game.....WHOOT!

Then we lose to New England in the AFC Title Game.......

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Just had a San Diego fan stop in my office and whine about the game a bit. Amusingly, he's been one of the most vocal "Tebow won't make it as a pro" fans I've run into, personally. (Real world, not web.) He couldn't stand the fact that they were allowing Tebow time in the pocket.

But, if you go back and watch... it was all intentional. They were trying to keep him from getting to the outside by keeping linemen at home, and they dropped everyone into coverage. So basically... they "forced Tebow to beat them with his arm"... and he did.

Mangini was just on Sportscenter saying that essentially... teams have tried multiple approaches to stopping him and it hasn't worked.

Now, that sounds encouraging and I think it's true, to an extent. But, we need to put more points on the board. I don't think it's as easy to stop Tebow as simply doing A or B... but I do think we have to start putting up 20+ points on a regular basis. Our D is bound to have a slip at some point. We need to be able to account for it when they do.

Still, encouraging stuff overall!

And you think our inability to score had anything to do with Tebow? Seriously? He only threw the ball 18 times all game, and he did it well overall. Our coaching staff made a decision to not really try to score over and over throughout the game. That isn't on Tebow.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 11:32 AM

Houston is the #1 seed right now.....now I don't think they'll hold onto it, butl let's pretend they do. Denver then gets the #4 seed as the 4th division winner.

We win our wildcard game with a massive homefield advantage.......then.....then....we go to that beat up Houston team that is on their 3rd string QB.....no Mario Williams.....and we steal it.

We don't lose to New England.

DrFate
11-28-2011, 01:55 PM

This is true (I suggested it as an possibility in another thread yesterday, but when I was watching Mangini on ESPN this morning, where they were clocking the time Tebow had, you could see it clearly.)

(I'm not detracting from the OLine play) - on the plays where Tebow had 7-10 seconds, San Diego would rush 3 Dlinemen and the fourth one (#99 on at least one clip) simply mirrored Tebow. He didn't rush upfield, he didn't even engage the OLineman. He took a couple steps back and simply watched Tebow, moving laterally as Tebow moved.

It's clear San Diego let Tebow have a much time as he wanted, thinking he couldn't complete passes to beat them.

Kid A
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM

We don't lose to New England.

Then, rematch with GB in the Super Bowl. Packers jet out to a 14-0 lead before Von breaks Rodgers' hand late in the 1st. Tebow run on 3rd and goal late in the 4th completes the 17-14 comeback. Everyone on the Mane complains about Hodge's postgame comment that the Rodgers injury was why Denver won.

55CrushEm
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Then, rematch with GB in the Super Bowl. Packers jet out to a 14-0 lead before Von breaks Rodgers' hand late in the 1st. Tebow run on 3rd and goal late in the 4th completes the 17-14 comeback. Everyone on the Mane complains about Hodge's postgame comment that the Rodgers injury was why Denver won.

Ha!

Popps
11-28-2011, 02:27 PM
This is true (I suggested it as an possibility in another thread yesterday, but when I was watching Mangini on ESPN this morning, where they were clocking the time Tebow had, you could see it clearly.)

(I'm not detracting from the OLine play) - on the plays where Tebow had 7-10 seconds, San Diego would rush 3 Dlinemen and the fourth one (#99 on at least one clip) simply mirrored Tebow. He didn't rush upfield, he didn't even engage the OLineman. He took a couple steps back and simply watched Tebow, moving laterally as Tebow moved.

It's clear San Diego let Tebow have a much time as he wanted, thinking he couldn't complete passes to beat them.

Yea, when Chris Clark came in for a few plays... he almost looked surprised by it. It was pretty funny. He's moving his feet and extending his arms to engage... and it just never happened.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Who said anything about making a team?

Your contention was "If you put our receivers with Drew Brees all you would see is a down year for Brees.

I call bull****.

Then their passing offense likely drops out of the top 10, possibly out of the top 15. QBs need receivers to succeed. Guess you didn't get the memo.

Agamemnon
11-28-2011, 03:47 PM

No one would give a flying **** in that situation. No one.

What a beautiful and completely insane fantasy. Made me smile.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2011, 03:50 PM
The 256 touches without a turnover is pretty awesome though. It's almost like Tebow is a throwback, into a league not prepared to stop him.

I'm just going to some out and say it. The NFL has gotten soft and frilly. They want an untouched qb floating 50 yrd bombs down the field ala brady, rodgers, and yes even our Elway (except back then they hit them)

So in steps Tebow. He steps into a world where defenses are geared to rush the passer and play tough inside run defense with big DT.

But Tebow doesn't care about a pass rush. You come at him to hot he will burn you just like Vick does to teams when he is healthy. You over rush, he side steps and is gone. Plus pass rushers often not as good against the run, so another disadvantage.

Then to top it off Tebow takes tons of time off the clock. Now the other teams high powered offense stuck not getting the ball as much. They hate that. They want the other team to throw also, stop the clock a lot. Broncos Just going against the grain and it's making the experts look silly.

what is hogie saying now?

I agree 100% but it's still puzzling to watch Tebow roll around in the pocket with all the time in the world and yet not find an open receiver. He's looking and looking and there are open guys but he's not seeing them--why?

It's not like he's not looking down field, he is. So why doesn't he see the open guy. Some of them WIDE open.

frustrating.

Popps
11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
I agree 100% but it's still puzzling to watch Tebow roll around in the pocket with all the time in the world and yet not find an open receiver. He's looking and looking and there are open guys but he's not seeing them--why?

It's not like he's not looking down field, he is. So why doesn't he see the open guy. Some of them WIDE open.

frustrating.

Yeah, though I'll give him a little credit for this... I think he's trying to give himself enough room to throw a ball he's comfortable with. He's naturally got to have an instinct that his set-up and delivery takes a bit of time. Like with Willis being open yesterday... Drew Brees makes that throw easily. But, the safety was eyeballing him... and Tim might know himself enough to know he couldn't get set up to throw it.

Plus, I do think not seeing open receivers is a normal, rookie tendency. What bugs me more is the inability to hit a simple 7 yard sideline pattern. Why does he throw balls at guys' feet? Those are the plays that will help convert 3rd downs and keep the defense more honest.

But, he has taken care of the ball too... and I think part of that is a refusal on his part to make throws he's not comfortable with.

So, some good... some bad... and a work in progress, imo.

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 04:58 PM

frustrating.

Tebow looks for the longest pass he can complete. It's a good trait.

Rohirrim
11-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Yeah, though I'll give him a little credit for this... I think he's trying to give himself enough room to throw a ball he's comfortable with. He's naturally got to have an instinct that his set-up and delivery takes a bit of time. Like with Willis being open yesterday... Drew Brees makes that throw easily. But, the safety was eyeballing him... and Tim might know himself enough to know he couldn't get set up to throw it.

Plus, I do think not seeing open receivers is a normal, rookie tendency. What bugs me more is the inability to hit a simple 7 yard sideline pattern. Why does he throw balls at guys' feet? Those are the plays that will help convert 3rd downs and keep the defense more honest.

But, he has taken care of the ball too... and I think part of that is a refusal on his part to make throws he's not comfortable with.

Reposting from a previous thread:

I noticed that myself. Of course, I don't sit there writing notes on every play, but it sure appeared to me that Tebow is still dropping back in the pocket, and if he doesn't see his first receiver open, he takes off. Not to mention, the route tree seems to be limited as well. He seems to have the slant routes covered, and the occasional fade or deep out, but the timing routes don't even appear to be on the menu. When's the last time we saw a dig, a curl or a comeback route? This also likely explains why we don't see as much of Royal as we used to. The middle of the field seems to be a "No Throw" zone, (except on slants). Tebow's tree allows him to complete the pass or throw it in the dirt on the flat, high and out of bounds for the sideline patterns, or long on the outs. No INTs. Maybe this is what Fox meant when he said, "If we were trying to run a regular offense, hed be screwed.

And this:

It appears to me that the coaching staff has removed much of the route tree from the gameplan. Also, Tebow is the kind of kid who is going to do what his coaches tell him to do. He's following the game plan (should I say?) religiously. I think that's why we see so many of his passes hit the dirt on the flat patterns; He's been coached to keep it low to avoid the pick. And on the sideline patterns, throw it high.

My guess is that the coaches are really emphasizing no turnovers. And it's working.

yerner
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM

frustrating.

I think he just doesn't have the arm to get it those guys if he is late seeing them and he understands that. Its why I am still so skeptical about his upside. If Tebow is going to be a top Qb its going to have to be by getting the ball to the right progression super fast and knowing exactly who will be open. His arm and accuracy won't allow him to be late. It's fascinating to watch.

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 05:10 PM

Yessiree, he's a work in progress. He'll get better as a passing QB.

Cito Pelon
11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
I think he just doesn't have the arm to get it those guys if he is late seeing them and he understands that. Its why I am still so skeptical about his upside. If Tebow is going to be a top Qb its going to have to be by getting the ball to the right progression super fast and knowing exactly who will be open. His arm and accuracy won't allow him to be late. It's fascinating to watch.

Dude has tons of upside as a passing QB. The velocity on his long balls is superb, and that's a big deal.

Popps
12-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Btw, for anyone who wondered... it's the 4th time in franchise history we've swept the division on the road.

BroncoSojia
12-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Btw, for anyone who wondered... it's the 4th time in franchise history we've swept the division on the road.

IIRC it happened in '09

Bad part is that we lost all our home division games. Yeah there are a few similarities between that season and this one.

Let's just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

cutthemdown
12-01-2011, 01:41 AM

frustrating.

I think he is hesitating. A little tenative sometimes.

Popps
12-04-2011, 03:34 PM
IIRC it happened in '09

Bad part is that we lost all our home division games. Yeah there are a few similarities between that season and this one.

Let's just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

This thing gets more and more interesting every week. We've got some great tests coming up, too.