PDA

View Full Version : QOTF? Not sure. QB for 2012? Absolutely.

hookemhess
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Ok. Alright. I've supported Tebow the entire time because I'm a Broncos fan. I've pointed out his flaws and cursed him. I've talked about wanting a "real" franchise guy.

But Tim Tebow has earned another season as the starter of this football team. No matter what happens. He's shown enough to warrant it.

Today was a solid day passing the ball for Tim. And he had several perfect passes. On the final offensive possession -- Willis obviously broke the game open, but that would not have happened if our quarterback wasn't athletic enough to run for a 12 yard 1st down.

Tim Tebow works in mysterious ways.

Vine
11-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Sounds fair.

If only the coaching staff would fully commit to developing Tebow, I think he could become the "QOTF".

RhymesayersDU
11-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I still don't know what to make of him, but drafting a QB would be dumb at this point. Improve other parts of the team, give him another year, reassess.

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
I don't like either option. I wouldn't take one in the first unless he was the BPA. I do think they should bring someone else in (they'll have to) They have Weber and Quinn, Quinn is a free agent and is going to walk which you leaves you an undrafted rookie. So a veteran and drafting someone will be necessary, but they don't "have" to do it in the first.

peacepipe
11-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I don't like either option. I wouldn't take one in the first unless he was the BPA. I do think they should bring someone else in (they'll have to) They have Weber and Quinn, Quinn is a free agent and is going to walk which you leaves you an undrafted rookie. So a veteran and drafting someone will be necessary, but they don't "have" to do it in the first.what veteran can run the option?

vonqkilla
If our coaching are worth a tenth of their salary, they will be able to coach him up on mechanics and accuracy.

I have a kid I coach exactly like Tebow, exactly, in EVERY WAY. Anyway, I pull him off to the side make a quick mechanical adjustment, next pass, td due to adjustment.

With him in the building hour upon hour, if these coaches cant raise his game up, fire them.

Clutch passes to rosario, decker, jj, etc...

Unleash him!!!

OBF1
Great idea.... another Tebow poll, it's been a long time since one of these has popped up around here.

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:19 PM
All of these polls need better options.

How about...

C. Looks good so far, if he plays like this the rest of the season - we absolutely give him another year to develop.

Man-Goblin
Yes, I think? I've totally flip flopped. But right now? Yes. Build the roster. There are still enough holes on this team bigger than quarterback right now.

I'm not saying you build the team around Tebow. BUT I think at this point you draft the best player available and roll with Tebow next year if that BPA isn't a QB.

Coach him. They are coaches. That are paid to coach. You can't coach him up to throw and give him plays to be successful in? Then you aren't earning your money. The kid had no offseason this year. And when they came back, Orton got all reps. Coach him.

QB is not the biggest hole on this roster.

vonqkilla
Elway better not quote 3rd down stats, we got screwed on 3 of them. Bad play calls on others.

DrFate
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
So a veteran and drafting someone will be necessary, but they don't "have" to do it in the first.

I'm confident everyone agrees with this - Denver will draft a QB. The question is - will they draft one early as an heir apparent? Or will they just add a quality guy later to develop?

I hope they keep adding to the defense.

broncobum6162
11-27-2011, 06:20 PM
If our coaching are worth a tenth of their salary, they will be able to coach him up on mechanics and accuracy.

I have a kid I coach exactly like Tebow, exactly, in EVERY WAY. Anyway, I pull him off to the side make a quick mechanical adjustment, next pass, td due to adjustment.

With him in the building hour upon hour, if these coaches cant raise his game up, fire them.

Clutch passes to rosario, decker, jj, etc...

Unleash him!!!

Word!

Williams
11-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Look at it this way... Orton is a starting QB in this league. Maybe not a very good one, but a starting QB nonetheless. Orton led this very same team to 1-4.

Tebow has led us to 5-1 so far in his second season with no offseason prep. What more really needs to be said? Yes... Tebow in 2012 & beyond.

Pony Boy
11-27-2011, 06:22 PM
I say go all in with Tebow next year but draft a QB in the second round that can mirror what Tebow does.

Pick Six
11-27-2011, 06:23 PM
He should be the incumbent starter. We might want to find another quarterback, though...

barryr
11-27-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm confident everyone agrees with this - Denver will draft a QB. The question is - will they draft one early as an heir apparent? Or will they just add a quality guy later to develop?

If they stay pat in the draft, then I say 4th round at the highest they draft a QB. I think they need more weapons on offense and CB than spend a high choice on a QB. If they traded down and got extra picks, then taking a QB would be better in that case.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Teams don't get better by replacing players before they are given the proper time to develop. Period. We have far too many needs to even think about drafting a QB at all next draft. We just need to bring in a vet backup.

Jay3
11-27-2011, 07:48 PM
It would be different if acquiring a quarterback were as simple as just going "Okay, we'll have another quarterback please." But each one is so much work to find out what they can really do, it's a shame to give up on Tebow so soon.

They need to take one, no matter what. Got to fill out the roster. Just like when Favre left, Rodgers was handed the reins, and Brian Brohm was drafted in the 2d round. It wasn't because Rodgers was sketchy, it was because that's what you do -- you draft potential starter backup quarterbacks in the 2d or later.

Ronnie Tsunami
11-27-2011, 07:55 PM
this speaks volumes
about how winning fixes everything.

A week ago, this board was, at the very least, split 60/40 (supporters, those those who question him)

It really is remarkable that myself, and even the biggest Tebow "haters" who completely denied he could play QB at this level, are now to the point where the ratio is now 95/5.

That says SO much about how far this team has come since mid-October.

This is great as if Tim keeps it up, we can draft another linebacker or corner Rd. 1.

I still think we should draft Denard Robinson in round 3.

He would be the perfect compliment to Tebow in our system. It'd be like having 2 QB's on the field at once, we could revolutionize the way the option offense is run. He would be the ultimate player in an option, can hit the corner and beat the contain man 7 times out of 10.

http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2011/11/Robinson_Toussaint_OSU-thumb-590x391-95702.jpg

Mile High Mojoe
11-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't like either option. I wouldn't take one in the first unless he was the BPA. I do think they should bring someone else in (they'll have to) They have Weber and Quinn, Quinn is a free agent and is going to walk which you leaves you an undrafted rookie. So a veteran and drafting someone will be necessary, but they don't "have" to do it in the first.

So glad to see you say this, this is more like. I think that unless the Broncos crumble in the next 5 games, which I don't believe they will, no QB should be drafted in the 1st round.

Something special is happening right now I see it continuing. A very aggressive D led by Miller and more 4th Q magic from Tebow. I donít like to look beyond the Vikings but the toughest game left on the schedule could be NE and if the D can keep playing like they have been I donít think itís impossible to run the table.

barryr
11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
this speaks volumes

A week ago, this board was, at the very least, split 60/40 (supporters, those those who question him)

It really is remarkable that myself, and even the biggest Tebow "haters" who completely denied he could play QB at this level, are now to the point where the ratio is now 95/5.

This is great as if Tim keeps it up, we can draft another linebacker or corner Rd. 1.

He would be the perfect compliment to Tebow in our system. It'd be like having 2 QB's on the field at once, we could revolutionize the way the option offense is run. He would be the ultimate player in an option, can hit the corner and beat the contain man 7 times out of 10.

http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2011/11/Robinson_Toussaint_OSU-thumb-590x391-95702.jpg

If taking a QB that has experience in a shotgun offense, I would look to later in the draft for guys like Dominique Davis or Austin Davis, who run shotgun type of offenses and can run with the ball, have more size, and better proven passing skills than Robinson IMO. Or even Chandler Harnish, all of which are guys not likely going before round 4 at the earliest.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
this speaks volumes

Denard Robinson would be an interesting prospect for us. If he can catch. Not sure what his hands are like. I also seriously doubt that McCoy and Fox would know what to do with Tebow and Robinson on the field at the same time. Probably just hand it off up the middle...

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 08:05 PM
If taking a QB that has experience in a shotgun offense, I would look to later in the draft for guys like Dominique Davis or Austin Davis, who run shotgun type of offenses and can run with the ball, have more size, and better proven passing skills than Robinson IMO. Or even Chandler Harnish, all of which are guys not likely going before round 4 at the earliest.

I don't really think he meant that we should draft Robinson as a QB, so much as a slash-type player that can throw but is first and foremost an elite athlete.

extralife
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
what veteran can run the option?

Vince Young. I want to say he's a free agent after this season. Could be an ideal backup, though it is possible some team might look at him as a possible starter, or that he'd rather stay in Philly.

Bronx33
11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't like the choices we need to bring in a veteran for back up duties cause brady doesn't pass the test and sure why not draft a QB its all about getting better years down the road.

enjolras
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM

I'm not convinced that they're not thinking of Adam Weber in that way.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 08:16 PM

I think it's likely they will. I don't for a second think they should. The 6th or 7th round would be okay I guess, but we already have Weber. We just need a vet backup. Not another guy that needs tons of coaching and development.