11-27-2011, 05:51 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I AM EXHAUSTED LOL

I'm so pumped up after this win.

I've also aged 10 years!!

Ha!

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Now we won, but punting (I assume that's what you're talking about) was 100% the wrong choice.

KevinJames
11-27-2011, 05:53 PM
John Fox is a great coach what a game, one of the best coached games in Bronco history.

fontaine
11-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Now we won, but punting (I assume that's what you're talking about) was 100% the wrong choice.

Can't get them all right, but he got the important ones right.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 05:55 PM

It was.

Was DYING for the quick count QB keeper.

Regardless... holy crap.

HOLY.

CRAP.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 05:55 PM
All he does is win.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 05:56 PM

Or, you know, throwing when Tebow was finally getting into a rhythm rather than running on nearly every down after we tied it...

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 05:57 PM
John Fox is a great coach

Hilarious! Wow...

Kaylore
11-27-2011, 05:58 PM
It was.

Regardless... holy crap.

HOLY.

CRAP.

Yeah I get the "showing support of your defense" by punting thing, but not letting your offense try and pick up half a yard is kind of offensive. And yeah, QB keep and he falls forward for a yard and change, so no real risk there. Thank goodness Von Miller basically took them out of field goal range.

Steve Prefontaine
11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
A

****ing

Mazing

I was pissed during the punts too, but right now it doesn't matter.

SoCalBronco
11-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Instead of ManBearPig, maybe it should be ManBearPuss.

J/K I'm happy to win, but yeah the conservapussery was a bit much at times.

Popps
11-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Awesome thread dude!

lolzzzz

TheReverend
Tebow is so vindicating for me.

LOVE this guy.

Nice to see Elway starting to visibly buy in.

Blart
If Novak didn't miss that 53 yarder, this is all we'd be talking about.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Awesome thread dude!

lolzzzz

Post your criticism?

Not going to are you?

Go figure standard Popps douche-post.

The Rams lost. Again. And by a Peterson punt return. I feed on your tears.

Gort
11-27-2011, 06:03 PM
It was.

Regardless... holy crap.

HOLY.

CRAP.

why is this not automatic for us? i do not understand how that can't be second nature on any possible 4th and very short play.

run to the line. catch the D unready and force them to burn a TO. worst case scenario.

best case scenario, Tebow keeps it on a QB sneak and we get the 1st down.

RhymesayersDU
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
I tend to agree with Rev and Kaylore. I know it's a down year for Rivers, but I wouldn't have given him the ball back. But it all worked out.

cabronco
11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Man I'm exhausted.. But its a good kind of exhaustion. That was fun watching McGahee breaking thru those tackles. :thumbsup:

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:05 PM
why is this not automatic for us? i do not understand how that can't be second nature on any possible 4th and very short play.

run to the line. catch the D unready and force them to burn a TO. worst case scenario.

best case scenario, Tebow keeps it on a QB sneak and we get the 1st down.

It SHOULD be.

Any quick count negates defensive push and puts it on our enormous quadruple effort QB.

Ignoring that is absurd.

SpringStein
11-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Foxball - what he believes in. He told his D, I trust you to shut down Rivers and the Chargers. He'll live (like today) and die by believing in his D.

Agamemnon
It SHOULD be.

Any quick count negates defensive push and puts it on our enormous quadruple effort QB.

Ignoring that is absurd.

I think the policy is to ignore as many of Tebow's strengths as possible...

Popps
Foxball - what he believes in. He told his D, I trust you to shut down Rivers and the Chargers. He'll live (like today) and die by believing in his D.

No way duuuude. Let's get all whiny and ****! More fun. Who cares about winz.

BroncoInferno
11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
It was.

Regardless... holy crap.

HOLY.

CRAP.

Tebow looked VERY good throwing today. Hopefully, they see that on film this week and stopped being so con-****ing-servative.

Punisher
11-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Tebow is so vindicating for me.

LOVE this guy.

It's just amazing to watch

barryr
11-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Tebow is showing not only improvement despite not exactly the strongest receiving corp in the NFL, but he just isn't turning the ball over, which is very rare for a young QB. Imagine a full training camp with more weapons on offense how'd he do.

But credit must also go to the defense since the mega conservative play calling could not happening if the defense wasn't play really well.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:10 PM
No way duuuude. Let's get all whiny and ****! More fun. Who cares about winz.

Not gonna discuss football eh?

More Popps-posts?

BroncoInferno

To be fair to Elway, I thought he looked happy on the TD run last week. Thought the attacks were the LOLZ. Anyway...awesomw win.

Bronco Boy
Talk to Falcons fans about having a coach with big cajones. Just sayin.

broncobum6162
11-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Grow a pair.

Seriously.

!Booya! I agree! Grow a pair with some hair!

broncobum6162
11-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Tebow is showing not only improvement despite not exactly the strongest receiving corp in the NFL, but he just isn't turning the ball over, which is very rare for a young QB. Imagine a full training camp with more weapons on offense how'd he do.

But credit must also go to the defense since the mega conservative play calling could not happening if the defense wasn't play really well.

Yup! Another game w/ some key 3rd down drops! But you won't hear that from the East coast spin media!

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:16 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6wQdFMDoMbk/TswTdjW80BI/AAAAAAAAENY/z1QmTyO0SfI/s1600/Orton-Tebow.jpg

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:17 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tg2FOWyj_MU/TtLeBZarl3I/AAAAAAAAEOo/IHqDejiiQDA/s400/Hediditagain.jpg

Bronx33
11-27-2011, 06:19 PM
If Novak didn't miss that 53 yarder, this is all we'd be talking about.

I think his poorly timed urination cost him the game.

Don Flamenco
11-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Not gonna discuss football eh?

More Popps-posts?

Oh God, please no. Popps posts are the ****ing worst. **** that homo (no Blart)

Gort
11-27-2011, 06:24 PM
i hope Novak isn't the goat for this game. i would like to see the Sandy Eggo fanbase start to turn against Marmalard and blame him for their losses.

t-diddy
11-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Instead of ManBearPig, maybe it should be ManBearPuss.

J/K I'm happy to win, but yeah the conservapussery was a bit much at times.

Best. Word. Ever. This word deserves its own thread.

Pick Six
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Fox nearly cost us the game, with his timeout. Usually, the second time around is the charm...

TotallyScrewed
11-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Talk to Falcons fans about having a coach with big cajones. Just sayin.

Totally different scenario...

1) Turning and handing off the ball would be stupid. The biggest, strongest back is Tebow.

2) Run the quick count, wham block, and let Tebow find that crease.

3) Falcons aren't the running team Denver is, not by a mile.

You've got to have faith that the offense can pick up a half yard 99/100 plays. Fox **** himself but it didn't stink...he just has to face questions about that all week so he gets to keep the load in his pants for a while.

Boobs McGee
11-27-2011, 06:32 PM
My whole thought, is if we DON'T get it...they're on our 40 and we possibly get screwed. Not a bad call at all imo the way our D was playing

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:33 PM
Best. Word. Ever. This word deserves its own thread.

:spit:

Repped for pointing out subtle SoCal genius that slipped past me

barryr
11-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Yup! Another game w/ some key 3rd down drops! But you won't hear that from the East coast spin media!

That is why I mentioned putting Willis in the game during halftime and he did make a play. Royal is really playing himself off this team and really, to stay a Bronco, I just want him on kick and punt returns. Otherwise, he seems pretty MIA.

errand
11-27-2011, 06:46 PM
It was.

Regardless... holy crap.

HOLY.

CRAP.

The way our d was playing it was a good call to punt vs. going for it...turns out he was right.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Tebow looked VERY good throwing today. Hopefully, they see that on film this week and stopped being so con-****ing-servative.

Missed this earlier.

It was sandwiched on a horrid Popps post.

Great points though and repped. He looked crisp and needs to be relied on more on early downs.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 06:50 PM
The way our d was playing it was a good call to punt vs. going for it...turns out he was right.

VEHEMENTLY disagree.

We got lucky it DIDNT bite us. Point blank:

X and less than 1 yard = Denver's time to take the first down.

Bronkota
11-27-2011, 06:52 PM
I think his poorly timed urination cost him the game.

LOL! My wife who never watches football was WTF.

Gort
11-27-2011, 06:52 PM

the point is not that on that specific instance we should have gone for it. the point is that EVERY time we have a 3rd down play come up either just short or on the marker, we shouldn't stand around waiting for the refs to screw us... we should run up to the line and try to catch the D unprepared so we can run a QB sneak. that would work almost every time. but we don't do it. we stand around and wait 20 or 30 seconds for Fox or McCoy or whomever the hell is making the decision to determine what to do. it's stupid. we have a weapon at QB for that scenario that we should use. just the threat of a quicksnap there should force the D to waste a TO.

elsid13
11-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Fox nearly cost us the game, with his timeout. Usually, the second time around is the charm...

The only reason there was block on the first attempt was because SD stop blocking when they heard the whistle. It was the right call.

DHallblows
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM

His timeout didn't prevent anything. SDs line stopped when they heard the whistle

KevinJames
11-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Hes got heart and hes got a QB that has heart

unlike

http://www.brobible.com/files/images/buzz/Sanchez-is-scared-3.gif

broncosteven
11-27-2011, 07:03 PM

Watching Fox coaching Tebow is like watching a guy playing poker who only bets when he has the odds in his favor.

It takes enormous balls to be this patient and or stubborn.

Glad it is paying off.

broncosteven
11-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Missed this earlier.

It was sandwiched on a horrid Popps post.

Great points though and repped. He looked crisp and needs to be relied on more on early downs.

Not if he is on ignore. I finally had my fill.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Not if he is on ignore. I finally had my fill.

I'd do the same if he wasn't so hilariously wrong with such consistency

broncosteven
11-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I'd do the same if he wasn't so hilariously wrong with such consistency

That is why I held out so long but he has been so insufferable all day I couldn't take it any longer.

Gort
11-27-2011, 07:16 PM
That is why I held out so long but he has been so insufferable all day I couldn't take it any longer.

you must be talking about Poops.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 07:19 PM

lol yes. yes he is.

Popps
11-27-2011, 07:20 PM

Sorry to rain on your misery-parade, brother. I probably posted something positive and it sent you over the edge, huh?

You have fun complaining and trying to find the rain cloud in every win.

(I do wish you well personally, though. Hope your health improves. Best wishes in that regard.)

Anyway... I'll check out of this awesome thread now so those interested can ****-talk our coach after another win.

:thumbsup:

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Hes got heart and hes got a QB that has heart

unlike

http://www.brobible.com/files/images/buzz/Sanchez-is-scared-3.gif

Hilarious!

Tebow would've laid that dude out...

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Sorry to rain on your misery-parade, brother. I probably posted something positive and it sent you over the edge, huh?

You have fun complaining and trying to find the rain cloud in every win.

(I do wish you well personally, though. Hope your health improves. Best wishes in that regard.)

Anyway... I'll check out of this awesome thread now so those interested can ****-talk our coach after another win.

:thumbsup:

Popps' song:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fNnyfeFhdQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ant1999e
11-27-2011, 07:28 PM

:spit: Poops!!!

MajorGCG
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
VEHEMENTLY disagree.

We got lucky it DIDNT bite us. Point blank:

X and less than 1 yard = Denver's time to take the first down.

You cant risk giving SD the ball at the Den42 only needing to get about 10yds for a relatively routine FG. The D was a little off on rush D today, but punting was the right play for sure.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 07:31 PM
You cant risk giving SD the ball at the Den42 only needing to get about 10yds for a relatively routine FG. The D was a little off on rush D, but punting was the right play for sure.

1 foot away from the sticks?

Yes you can.

Agamemnon
11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
You cant risk giving SD the ball at the Den42 only needing to get about 10yds for a relatively routine FG.

You're right, you can't...if you don't have any balls...see OP...

TonyR
11-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I understand the disagreement with the call. Very conservative and I'd have gone for it personally. But what you're leaving out of the equation is that as much as Fox doesn't trust the O he clearly does trust the D. He basically put the game on the line believing in his defense. That's who and what he is. As the O gets better and starts to deliver more maybe he'll change. But right now this is what he is and it's helped get us 4 straight wins and 5 out of 6.

oubronco
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
And if he went for it and they didn't get it he would be an enormous dumbass for going for it, you guys crack me up

BroncsCheer
11-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Not enough reward for the risk.
If it was on the other side of the 50, yeah, I say go for it, but in that position, with only 10 or so yards to give up for a chip-shot FG, put your top 5 punter out there and let your top 5 defense have a go, deep in opponent territory.

This ain't Madden - Fox is accountable for the decision.

TheReverend
11-27-2011, 09:07 PM
And if he went for it and they didn't get it he would be an enormous dumbass for going for it, you guys crack me up

Yeah!

If he went for it and they didn't get it, they would've put SD in a position to miss the FG!

Crazy huh?!?!?!?

HAT
11-27-2011, 09:08 PM
John Fox is a great coach what a game, one of the best coached games in Bronco history.

Agreed. I'm no Fox fan but today was a thing of beauty.

Never panicked, never got impatient, flipped field position as needed and it made all the difference.

Solid job by Fox & Co. today.

broncosteven
11-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah!

If he went for it and they didn't get it, they would've put SD in a position to miss the FG!

Crazy huh?!?!?!?

Everything is different in that universe dude.

edog24
11-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Good playcalling today. Very consistent. He is confident in the D and it shows.

HighCountryBronco
11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Eddie Royal needs to get the **** outta here! I have defended that guy hoping he would show some of that rookie season swagger again, but no more support from me!

Bronx33
11-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Eddie Royal needs to get the **** outta here! I have defended that guy hoping he would show some of that rookie season swagger again, but no more support from me!

But the free tacos!!!

DHallblows
11-27-2011, 10:06 PM

Hilarious! Where the **** did this come from?! Now don't get me wrong, threads go off topic all the time...but this post came way out of left ****ing field ROFL!

BroncoMan4ever
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM
i was so pissed off at Fox during this game. not going for it on 4th and half a yard from near midfield with the defense playing as well as it was and with a 240lbs bulldozer for a QB was just gutless football. and then that ****ing timeout right as the kicker is attempting the FG already annoys me when coaches do it, but the fact that the kick had been blocked almost made me rip my tv off the wall and throw it off my balcony.

had we lost this game, all the blame would have fallen squarely on Fox.

Blart
11-28-2011, 12:17 AM
This ain't Madden - Fox is accountable for the decision.

If it failed, the headlines would have read, "Tebow fails to convert a 1/2 yard down"

On the other hand, if the Chargers had made that field goal, we'd all be screaming at Fox for being a wuss. Hell, I'm still mad at him. Tebow is nothing if not clutch, he'd have gotten us 1/2 yard.

That One Guy
11-28-2011, 12:23 AM

Yeah, Rev just didn't know the Chargers would go conservative when they got in long FG range, Miller would blow up a run to make it an uber-long field goal, they'd miss it, and we'd get the ball back in good field position.

Fox, however, apparently knew that. Luckily he did. For a while, I thought we were about to lose.

The Joker
11-28-2011, 06:14 AM
I was upset he didn't go for it at the time.

It was far from being a clear cut "go for it" situation though, IMO. Chargers scored 3 points the entire second half, our defense was more or less owning them. There was also plenty of time left for us to make a stop and have another drive to win it.

So yeah, I'd have gone for it. But I can understand the call, even if I didn't like it.

TonyR
11-28-2011, 06:46 AM
It was far from being a clear cut "go for it" situation though, IMO. Chargers scored 3 points the entire second half, our defense was more or less owning them. There was also plenty of time left for us to make a stop and have another drive to win it.

So yeah, I'd have gone for it. But I can understand the call, even if I didn't like it.

Exactly.

TonyR
11-28-2011, 06:48 AM
...gutless football...

"Gutless" on the one hand, perhaps. But pretty ballsy on the other. Fox trusts his defense.

Rock Chalk
11-28-2011, 07:07 AM
Yeah I get the "showing support of your defense" by punting thing, but not letting your offense try and pick up half a yard is kind of offensive. And yeah, QB keep and he falls forward for a yard and change, so no real risk there. Thank goodness Von Miller basically took them out of field goal range.

ANd if the offense fails and turn the ball over to the Chargers on our own side of the field you ****tards would have eviscerated him.

Punting was 100% the RIGHT thing to do, in OT, in Sudden death you do not risk giving the other team a short field, ever.

55CrushEm
11-28-2011, 07:12 AM

That's all well and good......but we won't win vs. New England by being as conservative as we were vs. SD. We're gonna HAVE to go for it in those same situations.

55CrushEm
11-28-2011, 07:28 AM
ANd if the offense fails and turn the ball over to the Chargers on our own side of the field you ****tards would have eviscerated him.

Punting was 100% the RIGHT thing to do, in OT, in Sudden death you do not risk giving the other team a short field, ever.

I agree with this. Of course going for it is extremely tempting considering we have a QB who specializes in getting this short yardage crap.....

But, at the end of the day, it was about field position to me......if we were on the other side of the 50....then maybe I go for it. But NOT with only 10 yards for SD to be in FG range. Defense was playing great.....pin them deep and wait for our next shot.

It worked out.

bronco militia
11-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Fox has been burned almost every time he goes for it on 4th down this year.... I was more relieved he 'wussed' out yesterday.

Powderaddict
11-28-2011, 08:47 AM
I don't know, when Fox has gone for it on 4th and short (Tennessee, 1st drive vs NY Jest), it hasn't worked. It would have been ballsy, but the defense was playing so well and Rivers was visably shaken, so I don't think punting was the wrong choice. I'd prefer he went for it, but I can understand why he didn't.

What a game. What a defense!!

R8R H8R
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Shanny went for 2 to win against SD(Ed Hochuli game) and won the game, because he didn't trust his defense to hold up in overtime. I agreed with the decision at the time, and would have forgiven him if it didn't work out.

If Fox went for it, didn't make it, and then we lose because we give the Chargers a short field, I couldn't forgive him, and I am not sure his defense would either.