PDA

View Full Version : looking towards the offseason

Broncos_OTM
11-26-2011, 11:48 AM
I think we have found our DC.I think we need to continue to build on Defense. I think that should be our number one priority this coming offseason.. We have a fierce pass rush that will make the QB throw the ball quicker. So i think our number one priority should be CB, I wouldn't flinch if we took a DT.

Do you think Dennnis Allen gets looks and interviews for a head coaching position this offsseason?

Do you think there is a possability that Trent Richardson falls to us? and if he does do you pick him?

I don't know if Joe Mays has played well this year enough to hold off Nate Irving or if he isn't the answer at MLB. I think we have to see what we have in Irving before we select another MLB .

I do know this is apretty strong year for Wideouts in FA and think we maybe albe to get a decent one there.

Rother8
11-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I think if Trent is there, you gotta take him. If not, a good young corner or DT sounds enticing.
Tebow and Richardson would be awesome to watch.

Dagmar
11-26-2011, 11:52 AM
MLB, DT and secondary. Replace McCoy with someone who wants to develop Tebow so we don't have to waste any more picks on QB. Pick up a RB late.

Requiem
11-26-2011, 11:59 AM
(1) No.

(2) No.

(3) Even with Irving/Mays I think that ILB has to be considered. This could be a really good class with junior declarations or it could be lukewarm with seniors. You are probably right on letting them play it out with Irving for a year or two.

(4) WR is incredibly deep in the draft and in free agency. The best way to help our team win now is to get a free agent. I wouldn't mind a third or fourth round selection at receiver to bolster our corps.

peacepipe
11-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Let's not get ahead ourselves, tebow hasn't proved he's the QBOTF yet. if that is still the case this offseason than expect a QB in the 1st. Richardson is a good RB but he's a pounder,which means he won't have a long career. you can get a RB in the later rds.
not drafting a QB just for the sake of not drafting another QB would a big mikstake & is completely wrongheaded.

The Joker
11-26-2011, 12:05 PM
MLB, DT and secondary. Replace McCoy with someone who wants to develop Tebow so we don't have to waste any more picks on QB. Pick up a RB late.

Seems to me that McCoy is one of the biggest Tebow supporters on the staff.

He's the one who completely retooled the offense midseason to play to Tebow's strengths, I'm sure he's being told to run the ball a lot and keep it conservative with regards to Tim throwing a lot.

What exactly makes you say he doesn't want to develop Tim?

Broncos_OTM
11-26-2011, 12:20 PM
(1) No.

(2) No.

(3) Even with Irving/Mays I think that ILB has to be considered. This could be a really good class with junior declarations or it could be lukewarm with seniors. You are probably right on letting them play it out with Irving for a year or two.

(4) WR is incredibly deep in the draft and in free agency. The best way to help our team win now is to get a free agent. I wouldn't mind a third or fourth round selection at receiver to bolster our corps.

With the way this offense focuses on running the ball, we wont get any of the top tier WR's. So as much as I want to be able to address the position in free agency, I think we are gonna have to retool it in the draft, which sucks.

Is it me or does this draft really lack talent? Other than a few guys up top

We also have Mike Mohammed on the PS who intrigues me a bit.

Broncos_OTM
11-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Seems to me that McCoy is one of the biggest Tebow supporters on the staff.

He's the one who completely retooled the offense midseason to play to Tebow's strengths, I'm sure he's being told to run the ball a lot and keep it conservative with regards to Tim throwing a lot.

What exactly makes you say he doesn't want to develop Tim?I think Mccoy has done a good job. I think we have to give a little bit of acknowledgement to coach fox for allowing it

OrangeSe7en
11-26-2011, 12:27 PM
I think we have found our DC.I think we need to continue to build on Defense. I think that should be our number one priority this coming offseason.. We have a fierce pass rush that will make the QB throw the ball quicker. So i think our number one priority should be CB, I wouldn't flinch if we took a DT.

Do you think Dennnis Allen gets looks and interviews for a head coaching position this offsseason?

Do you think there is a possability that Trent Richardson falls to us? and if he does do you pick him?

I don't know if Joe Mays has played well this year enough to hold off Nate Irving or if he isn't the answer at MLB. I think we have to see what we have in Irving before we select another MLB .

I do know this is apretty strong year for Wideouts in FA and think we maybe albe to get a decent one there.

It's a waste in todays NFL. Goodell has castrated the DBs to such an exent that it's kind of pointless to take them high.

Requiem
11-26-2011, 12:39 PM
With the way this offense focuses on running the ball, we wont get any of the top tier WR's. So as much as I want to be able to address the position in free agency, I think we are gonna have to retool it in the draft, which sucks.

Is it me or does this draft really lack talent? Other than a few guys up top

I'd like to try and see us snag Garcon from Indianapolis. However, I bet they will let Wayne walk/retire and re-sign Garcon as a good young veteran to be there for Andrew Luck. I would agree with you that it is unlikely we will get an opportunity at a top tier guy, which is unfortunate because we really need a quality player there to keep teams honest. I think Decker is a good receiver and that Thomas has potential, but we have nobody who is a true difference maker at the position.

I don't think that this is that great of a draft class. With the new CBA and rookie wage scale, I really think that underclassmen will be pressured to HIGHLY CONSIDER GOING BACK to school. If guys aren't given a top tier grade from the advisory council, I don't see them declaring unless they have special circumstance (character issues, finances) that needs to be addressed immediately. There are a bunch of quotes out there from juniors and redshirt sophomores that say unless they get a high round grade, they aren't coming out.

I think that WR and CB are some of the strongest positions in the draft. Offensive line might rank up there with some declarations. Other than that, I'm very lukewarm with what is being presented but feel that with what we need on the team, we will be able to address it adequately. Aren't many big time DL players, but should have solid value in the mid 20s through the end of round two.

oubronco
11-26-2011, 01:25 PM
No top FA WRs are gonna want to come and play in this offense they will have to draft one and they have a few good young CBs that are playing pretty good right now

broncocalijohn
11-26-2011, 01:56 PM
No top FA WRs are gonna want to come and play in this offense they will have to draft one and they have a few good young CBs that are playing pretty good right now

exactly. On the flip side, a running back FA probably wouldnt mind coming here. Trent Richardson would be BPA even though we have glaring needs elsewhere on defense.

cmhargrove
11-26-2011, 02:06 PM

Although it would be a pipe dream to get a brilliant, creative new offensive coach around here, the stability thing might be even important for a John Fox led team. I think that McCoy may not be the flashiest guy, but he has been willing to step way out of his comfort zone to develop an offense for Tebow. He may not be brilliant, but he has made that transition successfully. Also, look as who originally hired him (McD) and what he has been asked to do - I give him a passing grade this year (albeit unspectacular).

Just build talent this offseason. That's what got the Packers going, they hit homeruns on several drafts and when all those guys started producing, they had talent is spades. Just another draft or two, and a couple FA signings, and we should be a really good team.

broncolife
11-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Although it would be a pipe dream to get a brilliant, creative new offensive coach around here, the stability thing might be even important for a John Fox led team. I think that McCoy may not be the flashiest guy, but he has been willing to step way out of his comfort zone to develop an offense for Tebow. He may not be brilliant, but he has made that transition successfully. Also, look as who originally hired him (McD) and what he has been asked to do - I give him a passing grade this year (albeit unspectacular).

Just build talent this offseason. That's what got the Packers going, they hit homeruns on several drafts and when all those guys started producing, they had talent is spades. Just another draft or two, and a couple FA signings, and we should be a really good team.

Too bad Mccoy sucked in his comfort zone too.

IHaveALight
11-26-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm too busy looking forward to the rest of the season and the playoffs right now. Get back to me once the Broncos season is over. ;)

Inkana7
11-26-2011, 02:33 PM
CB, WR, DT, LB, TE in that order.

MagicHef
11-26-2011, 02:50 PM

This.

ward63
11-26-2011, 02:58 PM

DT, LB, CB, WR, RB and another pass rusher(can't have enough, look at the Giants)...in that order

Inkana7
11-26-2011, 03:09 PM
We need players all over. It seems like we've picked up 3-5 quality players through the draft last offseason and if we could do that this Draft, we'll be in really good shape. The defense still has a lot of holes and sports where it's really old, and on offense we really need a TE, RB who isn't 30, and dynamic WR if DThomas proves not to be that guy. Not to mention more OLine depth and possibly (probably if we don't resign Quinn) a QB.

Broncos_OTM
11-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I'd like to try and see us snag Garcon from Indianapolis. However, I bet they will let Wayne walk/retire and re-sign Garcon as a good young veteran to be there for Andrew Luck. I would agree with you that it is unlikely we will get an opportunity at a top tier guy, which is unfortunate because we really need a quality player there to keep teams honest. I think Decker is a good receiver and that Thomas has potential, but we have nobody who is a true difference maker at the position.

I don't think that this is that great of a draft class. With the new CBA and rookie wage scale, I really think that underclassmen will be pressured to HIGHLY CONSIDER GOING BACK to school. If guys aren't given a top tier grade from the advisory council, I don't see them declaring unless they have special circumstance (character issues, finances) that needs to be addressed immediately. There are a bunch of quotes out there from juniors and redshirt sophomores that say unless they get a high round grade, they aren't coming out.

I think that WR and CB are some of the strongest positions in the draft. Offensive line might rank up there with some declarations. Other than that, I'm very lukewarm with what is being presented but feel that with what we need on the team, we will be able to address it adequately. Aren't many big time DL players, but should have solid value in the mid 20s through the end of round two.

Whats your thoughts on Still? Does he have a good body of work and success?

I think its extremely important to re-sign bunkley. I think that should probably be our top priority.

I am a bit confused on Allens tendencies and wants. I haven't watched much if any football this year.. The economy is rough and i have been taking up as much OT at work as possible. Most of it coming on the weekends.

I know traditionally fox likes space eaters. And from the looks of it. DA likes to have quick penetration. Jason Jones. maybe a guy i would be ok with looking at.

Whats your or anyones else who wants to chime in on Royal. should he be re-signed?

Personally i think if we can get a strong starter out of free agency or two and another two from the draft this team wil continue to see improvement.

Agamemnon
11-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Anyone who thinks McCoy is a good OC must like running on 3rd and 7 and knowing exactly what our offense is going to do every play. To each their own...

Broncos_OTM
11-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Anyone who thinks McCoy is a good OC must like running on 3rd and 7 and knowing exactly what our offense is going to do every play. To each their own...

When your QB is hitting only 44% of his passes and is not a great thrower you have to go with whats working .I have to ask though do you only come in here to troll or do you really like to talk football cause all i have seen form you as of late is trolling.

Agamemnon
11-26-2011, 04:20 PM
When your QB is hitting only 44% of his passes and is not a great thrower you have to go with whats working .I have to ask though do you only come in here to troll or do you really like to talk football cause all i have seen form you as of late is trolling.

How was I trolling? McCoy has repeatedly ran on 3rd and long, and is highly predictable. When people at home know exactly what play is coming most the time, something's wrong. Almost always running on 1st and 2nd, and only ever passing on 3rd down is about as predictable as it gets. But you keep thinking it's all because of Tebow if you like...

gyldenlove
11-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Whats your thoughts on Still? Does he have a good body of work and success?

I think its extremely important to re-sign bunkley. I think that should probably be our top priority.

I am a bit confused on Allens tendencies and wants. I haven't watched much if any football this year.. The economy is rough and i have been taking up as much OT at work as possible. Most of it coming on the weekends.

I know traditionally fox likes space eaters. And from the looks of it. DA likes to have quick penetration. Jason Jones. maybe a guy i would be ok with looking at.

Whats your or anyones else who wants to chime in on Royal. should he be re-signed?

Personally i think if we can get a strong starter out of free agency or two and another two from the draft this team wil continue to see improvement.

It is difficult to say what Allen prefers since he has never been a DC before, he has been involved with some pretty decent 4-3 defenses with Atlanta and New Orleans. In New Orleans they tend to run 2 big DTs and emphasize speed and agility on the ends, so I am assuming that he is going to be using at least one pure space-eater in the middle (Bunkley), possibly two.
His defense seems to be focused around keying on the run in base formation and letting the DBs largely fend for themselves, and then dialing up blitzes and pressure from the nickel defense.

I don't think we should keep Royal, I know he brings some value on PR but with the offense we are running he will never be the guy he was his rookie year. I think we are better off trying to add another big target in the passing game.

Bunkley should definitely be a top priority, he is our best run defender and has really shown a lot of the skills the Eagles drafted him so high for.

Spider
11-26-2011, 04:32 PM

you are still an Idiot ......mcCoy is doing more for tebow in the long run , then you could ever imagine .........

Spider
11-26-2011, 04:34 PM

our D is Clicking right now , would like to see more depth there ...

Atwater His Ass
11-26-2011, 04:35 PM
They've done a good job of protecting Tebow, and that was a necessary step. This is why we've seen such a conservative look. At some point however, they are going to have to take the nurse strings off.

As far as needs, I'd like to see us take the BPA. There are so many holes on this team that bringing in the BPA just seems the right move, regardless of position. Use the later rounds to spot fill actual needs coupled with FA.

Boomhauer
11-26-2011, 04:59 PM
FS) While Moore has looked OK, he really needs reps to gain experience and a little better quicks through training to flourish. Two other options at FS are Harris (who I mentioned as Moore's backup at the beginning of the year) and the possibility of Bailey moving into CF.
CB) Vaughn is as good/better than Goodman (who's signed through 2013) and Harris could play CB in a pinch. If Champ stays at CB next season, than these four are a solid group that only needs a CFA to back them up.
SS) I said at the start of the season Dawkins should be cut, McCarthy starting and Carter backup. I still think Dawkins should be cut, but Carter may give McCarthy a run at the starting position next season. Playing FS this year, combined with his better speed, should give him the edge in coverage, but his tackling form still concerns me. Regardless who starts, we have two young guys locking down the position for many years.

I'd expect us to take a DB in the 3rd/4th round, where there's very good value, but whether it's a CB or FS depends on what position Champ plays next year. If he moves to CF, we'll need a CB. If he keeps locking down the corner, we'll probably draft another CB/FS like Harris and have a 3-way competition at FS between them.
----------------------------------------------------------------

As to other Defensive positions...

MLB) Mays sucks donkey kong. I said at the start of the season Mohamed should be starting with Irving backup. Mohamed is very instinctive, but needs a quicker step while Irving is quick, but slow to react. In contrast; Mays is slow to react, has a slow step and shouldn't be on the field. If there's a stout MLB available early, we should jump at it. If not, either our two rookies could start next season and we'll need a late-round pick as backup SLB/MLB to also replace fellow donkey kong sucker, Haggan. I'd also expect us to pick up a CFA WLB to compete with Domino for the spot vacated by B.Kelly.

LDE) Ayers is not good except in pursuit of plays he couldn't make - just like McBean. Hunter, who's our best LDE right now, and Ronnell Brown, who looked great in preseason and is currently available, should both be in front of Ayers on the depth chart. Ayers is due about $1mil for another two years, but should be cut instead. Whether Brown is brought back (he also played very well at RDT) or someone else brought in, the position will be improved by replacing Ayers.

Paladin
11-26-2011, 05:07 PM
DT, LB, CB, WR, RB and another pass rusher(can't have enough, look at the Giants)...in that order

Maybe Mario Fannin will come off the IR and be a pretty good RB. He was good at Auburn, and there were a lot of comments about him in TC.