PDA

View Full Version : Tebow interviewed by Shannon Sharpe

Dagmar
11-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Full interview Sunday one CBS show.

Sharpe - "... I understand you are blessed, but I asked if you believe this organization, John Elway and John Fox are 100% behind you as THE guy for the organization "

Tebow - gulp, pained expression, silence...

Awkward...

SoCalBronco
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Yeah I saw that.

That Tebow Hospital is awesome, though.

That One Guy
11-24-2011, 04:40 PM

Sharpe - "... I understand you are blessed, but I asked if you believe this organization, John Elway and John Fox are 100% behind you as THE guy for the organization "

Awkward...

Haha.. I saw that. I'm sure they told him not to actually answer as it'll be the teaser but still...

HAT
11-24-2011, 04:42 PM

Awkward...

Editing.

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Wow what a ****ty spot to be in..everyone come and defend elway real fast but he has handled this whole thing like a prick

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Obvious answer is obvious.

goldengopher1976
11-24-2011, 04:44 PM
The pause says everything it needs to. from there, he will give a wonderfully diplomatic answer.

Part of me really appreciates that Elway is trying so hard to be transparent and forthcoming in his interviews, and Tebow doesn't seem like a young man whose ego is easily bruised, but that look carried just enough pain to show he cares and is listening. I wish John would lead with praise and then offer some critical remarks, it would be the same information but framed a little differently...

Anyway. The hospital is awesome.

Dagmar
11-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Editing.

I know. But the thread will be epic. :strong:

That One Guy
11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
The pause says everything it needs to. from there, he will give a wonderfully diplomatic answer.

Part of me really appreciates that Elway is trying so hard to be transparent and forthcoming in his interviews, and Tebow doesn't seem like a young man whose ego is easily bruised, but that look carried just enough pain to show he cares and is listening. I wish John would lead with praise and then offer some critical remarks, it would be the same information but framed a little differently...

Elway isn't trying to be transparent. He's trying to protect himself and his reputation. He could be transparent without airing dirty laundry - you know, like he was back when Orton was the QB and we were losing.

When Orton was clearly struggling, he wasn't commenting. Now that Tebow is struggling, he's airing it everywhere.

And I'm not very pro-Tebow. This is just how I see it.

Gort
11-24-2011, 04:51 PM
i heard Sharpe on the radio the other day. i got the impression that he was extra tough on the kid. don't expect Sharpe to come away with a different opinion than the one he expressed on NFL Today previously, namely that Tebow is a gimmick and he is not a true NFL QB. not sure why Sharpe is on board that bus, but he is and i think the interview will be edited more to explain why Tebow can't get the job done in Denver longterm, than explain the unusual circumstances currently surrounding him and how he's still having success.

here are those circumstances in my opinion:

- tepid FO support
- tepid HC support
- no offseason with Fox/McCoy
- no 1st team reps before being named starter
- still evolving offensive scheme designed to minimize mistakes
- trading away only experienced WR
- otherwise a young group of receivers
- conservative playcalling de-emphasizing the pass, except for simple read deep routes
- HC gameplanning for a "field position" strategy in each game thus far
- first year coaching staff
- rebuilding team coming off disasterous 4-12 season

i'm sure there are more, but these variables do add a more complete understanding to what's going on than what the typical NFL fan outside of Denver is aware of.

i'm not saying Tebow is perfect. i'm just saying that there is more to the story than the usual BS we hear from national talking heads, such as:

- Tebow is awful
- Tebow can't throw a pass to save his life
- Tebow is a gimmick
- gimmicks don't work in the NFL longterm

ZONA
11-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Just keep winning Tebow and you'll eventually shut them all the F up.

goldengopher1976
11-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Elway isn't trying to be transparent. He's trying to protect himself and his reputation. He could be transparent without airing dirty laundry - you know, like he was back when Orton was the QB and we were losing.

When Orton was clearly struggling, he wasn't commenting. Now that Tebow is struggling, he's airing it everywhere.

You could very well be right, I'm just trying to make sense of Elway's propensity to answer questions directly when asked. Although, frankly, I don't take the time to follow up on most of his interviews, so I could just be getting a few of his takes. Either way, I'd agree with another one of the posts here that names many of the reasons Tebow is struggling in the passing game and can't help but think that a full offseason as the main guy taking first team reps would make a world of difference.

oubronco
11-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Wow what a ****ty spot to be in..everyone come and defend elway real fast but he has handled this whole thing like a prick

How so when he said:

“”I am very hopeful that Tim Tebow is our guy,” Elway said. “”Am I absolutely positive at this point in time? No I’m not. I want to believe that and that’s what I want to happen.

“”It would be absolutely wonderful for the Denver Broncos and Denver Bronco fans if Tim Tebow could become that franchise guy. And believe me we’re all hopeful he can be that guy. He’s come in and won four of the past five games and he’s played well. You’re not always going to make great strides week-in and week-out because you have ups and downs. But what I want to emphasize is, we’re all hopeful Tim’s the guy. I wish I had that crystal ball to be able to say that he absolutely is or _ I don’t want to say he’s not because I don’t believe that. But it’s hard to say if Tim Tebow is absolutely that guy, We’re very hopeful that he is.”

McDman
11-24-2011, 05:22 PM
All he said was no, we don't know if he is our future QB. He has played 5 games. Orton won 6 in a row. If he was sold now it'd be a poor reflection of our FO.

Some people need to calm down if someone criticizes Tebow, it doesn't always mean they are hating or trolling.

oubronco
11-24-2011, 05:23 PM
All he said was no, we don't know if he is our future QB. He has played 5 games. Orton won 6 in a row. If he was sold now it'd be a poor reflection of our FO.

Some people need to calm down if someone criticizes Tebow, it doesn't always mean they are hating or trolling.

He also said:

“”I am very hopeful that Tim Tebow is our guy,” Elway said. “”Am I absolutely positive at this point in time? No I’m not. I want to believe that and that’s what I want to happen.

“”It would be absolutely wonderful for the Denver Broncos and Denver Bronco fans if Tim Tebow could become that franchise guy. And believe me we’re all hopeful he can be that guy. He’s come in and won four of the past five games and he’s played well. You’re not always going to make great strides week-in and week-out because you have ups and downs. But what I want to emphasize is, we’re all hopeful Tim’s the guy. I wish I had that crystal ball to be able to say that he absolutely is or _ I don’t want to say he’s not because I don’t believe that. But it’s hard to say if Tim Tebow is absolutely that guy, We’re very hopeful that he is.”

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2011, 05:25 PM
How so when he said:

Yah that's what he said AFTER he said the other comments about him not being sold on him. Otherwise known as damage control after his twitter etc blew up.

This the same **** every few weeks Elway says something ****ty then has to give another interview to soften/retract the **** he spews

Ray Finkle
11-24-2011, 05:26 PM

Awkward...

Wow

A news show edits a response to get more viewers......I think they may be onto something.....

You're all a bunch of lemmings.....

goldengopher1976
11-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Wow

A news show edits a response to get more viewers......I think they may be onto something.....

You're all a bunch of lemmings.....

Thanks for sharing your opinion in a way that doesn't belittle other people...and please, spare me the "get the sand out of your vagina" comment, I'm a full grown man and understand the nature of message boards, I just wish there weren't so many threads on this board that degenerate into name-calling.

Ray Finkle
11-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks for sharing your opinion in a way that doesn't belittle other people...and please, spare me the "get the sand out of your vagina" comment, I'm a full grown man and understand the nature of message boards, I just wish there weren't so many threads on this board that degenerate into name-calling.

Look up irony....then re-read my post....

BroncosSR
11-24-2011, 05:46 PM

Exactly.

McDman
11-24-2011, 05:52 PM
A majority of this board is the antithesis to the media when it comes to Tebow. The media thinks he can do no good. This board thinks he can do no bad.

That One Guy
11-24-2011, 05:55 PM
[Big long list of excuses]

Everything except hitting a wide open player I can accept an excuse for. Some of his bad particularly passes from early on soiled everything because when we hear of his struggles, the first thing we envision are those plays where he was missing his man by 5+ yds.

Tebow has wet the bed on plenty of opportunities this year. Some issues may be playcalling, some aren't. Many of the issues he's currently having ARE issues of whether he can be a competent passer - not whether he can perform the responsibilities of a QB at the NFL level. He needs to figure out accuracy with the ball before 99% of the excuses even come into play.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2011, 05:57 PM

It's not just about Elway's recent comments, which obviously reflect that the FO is not 100% behind Tebow. It started with declaring Orton the clear cut winner of a non-existent competition for the starting quarterback position, only days after being clowned by Miami in the failed trade. They gave all the starter's reps to Orton and publicly defended his horrendous play when he predictably shiat the bed. Tebow gets thrown into an unmitigated disaster and has managed to salvage a season on the brink... and yet the FO makes every effort to remind us that he is not "their guy."

Fair enough, IMO. It's not uncommon for a quarterback to be drafted in the first round by one administration, only to be inherited by the replacement. He's not their guy. They aren't behind Tebow. You know it. I know it. He knows it.

ShutDownPoster
11-24-2011, 06:00 PM
All this hype is easily solved. The Duke should have the stones to sit down with Tebow and talk one on one behind closed doors. Of course Tebow is hurt - its just like if your dad is dogging you no matter how hard you work, or get results. If Duke 'knows' QB's best - he should be a man and talk face to face - no sound bites, etc.

t-diddy
11-24-2011, 06:05 PM
I find it funny that there are so many people that are uber-sensitive to any criticism of Elway... and these same people talk about the hyper-sensitivity of the Tebow supporters.

Dagmar
11-24-2011, 06:07 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/5/14/everythingsgoi128552858375754241.jpg

vonqkilla
11-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Elway needs to stfu til after the season.

This distraction of our starting qb is a joke.

Its like Tebow and this season are some experiment, and each game we get more analysis from Elway that immediately is twisted.

Tebow is fire, elways words are gasoline.

Team seems focused though.

Jay3
11-24-2011, 06:22 PM

You're incorrect here. He said no, he's not any closer to finding out than he was at the beginning of the year, and then launched into some problems he perceives with Tim's game. The highest man in the football organization listed his faults, getting the message out in the media and making headlines.

You don't conduct your team business through the media. You do it man to man.

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2011, 06:30 PM

Yah your right that's all he said. Here is your ticket for understatements of the year party.

TNF
11-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Elway was a great player, no question, and their draft this year was pretty good. The way he's handled and spoken about Tebow and the whole quarterback controversy has been horrific and completely amateurish. I DO NOT support Tebow due to his religious beliefs, as I'm a leftwing Jewish agnostic. His success in everything he's done plus the given (by everyone) "intangibles" should be enough to at least garner some support from the Biffster. Go ahead and laugh uproariously Tebow-haters, but it almost seems like Elway is afraid if this guy learns to throw he might bypass him, and his ego won't accept that. Yes, we all knew what kind of talent Elway had, but in the beginning he was a worse QB than Tebow is today. How many pick sixes did the guy throw? It seemed like at least one a game every game.

goldengopher1976
11-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Look up irony....then re-read my post....

Fair enough. But perhaps you could have made the point without denigrating the O-mane posters at the same time?

That One Guy
11-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Elway was a great player, no question, and their draft this year was pretty good. The way he's handled and spoken about Tebow and the whole quarterback controversy has been horrific and completely amateurish. I DO NOT support Tebow due to his religious beliefs, as I'm a leftwing Jewish agnostic. His success in everything he's done plus the given (by everyone) "intangibles" should be enough to at least garner some support from the Biffster. Go ahead and laugh uproariously Tebow-haters, but it almost seems like Elway is afraid if this guy learns to throw he might bypass him, and his ego won't accept that. Yes, we all knew what kind of talent Elway had, but in the beginning he was a worse QB than Tebow is today. How many pick sixes did the guy throw? It seemed like at least one a game every game.

I'm not gonna laugh... that's just stupid.

McDman
11-24-2011, 06:40 PM
It's not just about Elway's recent comments, which obviously reflect that the FO is not 100% behind Tebow. It started with declaring Orton the clear cut winner of a non-existent competition for the starting quarterback position, only days after being clowned by Miami in the failed trade. They gave all the starter's reps to Orton and publicly defended his horrendous play when he predictably shiat the bed. Tebow gets thrown into an unmitigated disaster and has managed to salvage a season on the brink... and yet the FO makes every effort to remind us that he is not "their guy."

Fair enough, IMO. It's not uncommon for a quarterback to be drafted in the first round by one administration, only to be inherited by the replacement. He's not their guy. They aren't behind Tebow. You know it. I know it. He knows it.

Yeah, because Orton starting had nothing to do with Tebow looking like garbage in camp.

They never said he wasn't their guy. They said he isn't a lock to be there guy in the future.

theAPAOps5
11-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Editing.

This

Pony Boy
11-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Please read the hand writing on the wall ......

Ray Finkle
11-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Fair enough. But perhaps you could have made the point without denigrating the O-mane posters at the same time?

Sarcasm.....I am loaded with it...

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah, because Orton starting had nothing to do with Tebow looking like garbage in camp.

They never said he wasn't their guy. They said he isn't a lock to be there guy in the future.

The question was "are they 100% behind you?"

The answer is no.

HAT
11-24-2011, 07:02 PM
The question was "are they 100% behind you?"

The answer is no.

And Tebow's answer should be......

"They are right now because I'm starting. My team mates and I are just focusing on San Diego. I'm grateful that coach Fox has put us in a position where we can win some games. Mr. Elway is the embodiment of the Denver Broncos & it's up to me and my team mates to show him that we can keep winning. I control my own destiny & I wouldn't have it any other way.....GB2 Marble-mouth"

errand
11-24-2011, 07:05 PM
i heard Sharpe on the radio the other day. i got the impression that he was extra tough on the kid. don't expect Sharpe to come away with a different opinion than the one he expressed on NFL Today previously, namely that Tebow is a gimmick and he is not a true NFL QB. not sure why Sharpe is on board that bus, but he is and i think the interview will be edited more to explain why Tebow can't get the job done in Denver longterm, than explain the unusual circumstances currently surrounding him and how he's still having success.

here are those circumstances in my opinion:

- tepid FO support
- tepid HC support

By all reports, the kid wasn't performing up to par in practice, but the bottom line is he's starting now, and then other guy was released...what more do they have to do to prove they obviously do support him to at least some extent?

- no offseason with Fox/McCoy

And that's their fault how?

- no 1st team reps before being named starter

How many first team reps does the back-up deserve to get with the first team?That's how the NFL works....

- still evolving offensive scheme designed to minimize mistakes

The offense has been allegedly changed to cater to his strengths

- trading away only experienced WR

Well, at start of season, WR seemed a team strength...and at the time Lloyd was traded thomas and royal were coming back from injuries...Rumor control has it that Lloyd was also the alleged "anonymous source" leaking **** to the media and it's been alleged that he was more in Orton's corner than Tebow's So again another show of support for Tim as they got rid of his biggest critic in the locker room

-otherwise a young group of receivers

Yes they are young....same draft class as Tebow. But amazingly they received more criticism from Tebowites for dropping passes than he gets for throwing behind them, under them or over them. Amazingly, some of them have no more starts under their belts, or reps with first team as he does...but the criticism is usually slanted more to them than him when we struggle on 3rd downs etc...

- conservative playcalling de-emphasizing the pass, except for simple read deep routes

Unless we're in team meetings and on the practice field, we have no idea if the reasoning behind the conservative play-calling and lack of pass attempts is due to some conspiracy theory or because that's all we're capable of with his limitations as a thrower

- HC gameplanning for a "field position" strategy in each game thus far

Again see above

- first year coaching staff

The staff's first priority is to win games...conventional wisdom says a vet gives you better chance to accomplish that goal. when that wasn't happening they pulled the plug on vet and passed the torch to youngster....and since then they have changed the offense to suit his skill set, got rid of the alleged malcontent WR that was causing alleged division, and then removed the guy he replaced to ensure there was no more drama...add in that they've also transformed the defense into one that is now keeping the games close for Tebow to do his magic in the 4th, and I think they've done a pretty good job.

- rebuilding team coming off disasterous 4-12 season

That generally causes alot of growing pains...but we're younger, and if these kids develop on schedule, we might be seeing some great things hear in a year or two

i'm sure there are more, but these variables do add a more complete understanding to what's going on than what the typical NFL fan outside of Denver is aware of.

i'm not saying Tebow is perfect. i'm just saying that there is more to the story than the usual BS we hear from national talking heads, such as:

- Tebow is awful
- Tebow can't throw a pass to save his life
- Tebow is a gimmick
- gimmicks don't work in the NFL long term

opinions vary...and everyone has one. the only way to know who's right in their assessment of the kid is to see how well he plays by end of season. He's 4-1 so far, but we aren't out of the woods just yet...cautious optimism is what I'd say we all need to have

in bold

errand
11-24-2011, 07:21 PM
I find it funny that there are so many people that are uber-sensitive to any criticism of Elway... and these same people talk about the hyper-sensitivity of the Tebow supporters.

One is the greatest player in team history, and the other is a 1st round pick that hasn't won anything in the NFL but 5 of his first 8 starts so far. Not sure why anyone would defend Elway over Tebow.

Case in point...

Tony Romo has put up better numbers than Staubach and Aikman....but until he wins a ring, he will always be criticized regardless and because they have rings, Staubach and Aikman can perform less than stellar in their next stage of life and still be loved immensely.

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2011, 07:28 PM
One is the greatest player in team history, and the other is a 1st round pick that hasn't won anything in the NFL but 5 of his first 8 starts so far. Not sure why anyone would defend Elway over Tebow.

Case in point...

Tony Romo has put up better numbers than Staubach and Aikman....but until he wins a ring, he will always be criticized regardless and because they have rings, Staubach and Aikman can perform less than stellar in their next stage of life and still be loved immensely.

Remind me again of anything ****ty Aikman or Roger said about Romo...

Take your time, Elway is acting like an asshole, sugarcoat it anyway you want

errand
11-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Can someone explain why the FO and even Elway should be 100% behind Tebow....i mean can't they be like 80% behind him with some reservations? I mean they made him starter, changed the offense, got rid of his biggest locker room critic even if took away a weapon, and waived his closest competitor at his position...I mean what % of support would that equal in your opinion?

Maybe they wanna see how this season plays out and how well he does before they commit to him 100%? Is that not possible?

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Can someone explain why the FO and even Elway should be 100% behind Tebow....i mean can't they be like 80% behind him with some reservations? I mean they made him starter, changed the offense, got rid of his biggest locker room critic even if took away a weapon, and waived his closest competitor at his position...I mean what % of support would that equal in your opinion?

Maybe they wanna see how this season plays out and how well he does before they commit to him 100%? Is that not possible?

Sure they can but the need someone beside simple jack to talk to the media.

All of this is elways doing. If he just answered the questions like any other sports VP would, we wouldn't even talk about it

errand
11-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Remind me again of anything ****ty Aikman or Roger said about Romo...

Take your time, Elway is acting like an a-hole, sugarcoat it anyway you want

My response was to why people are super sensitive to criticism of Elway..not that elway did or did not say anything bad about Tebow. I gave the reason why they are sensitive to the criticism....

Elway can say he sucks for all i care...it's just one man's opinion.

Patrick Swayze's philosophy on other people's opinions around the 3:06 mark...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojPVOhHhwnk

errand
11-24-2011, 07:52 PM

All of this is elways doing. If he just answered the questions like any other sports VP would, we wouldn't even talk about it

He did answer them...just because it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear, doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

Again list your reasons why this new FO and coaching staff should be 100% behind Tebow?

The majority of them didn't draft him...what he did last year has nothing to do with this year, and he has areas where he admits himself he needs to improve on. so tell us why they should be 100% behind him....

t-diddy
11-24-2011, 08:01 PM

Case in point...

Yeah, he is the greatest player in team history... but he is in his rookie year of GM'ing or VP of FB OP'ing or whatever you want to call it. And he is making rookie mistakes, as would be expected, but he is not above criticism. I don't care how good of a player he was it doesn't change the fact that they made and continue to make some mistakes in the handling of this situation.

My point though, was that the "sensitivity" that you complain about with Tebow supporters is the exact behavior that you and your ilk exhibit when someone says anything negative about Elway. If you are too obtuse to acknowledge that then its on you.

There are gonna be growing pains all the way around when you are rebuilding a team. The regime, the players, and the coaches will all get better with time.

Boobs McGee
11-24-2011, 08:02 PM

Listen to yourself. WHAT is Elway's doing? Is he ripping this team apart? No. He has an opinion and he's making it known. It's not damaging anything except your feelings.

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Listen to yourself. WHAT is Elway's doing? Is he ripping this team apart? No. He has an opinion and he's making it known. It's not damaging anything except your feelings.

Your right Elways remarks only have an effect on me.

BroncoMan4ever
11-24-2011, 08:19 PM

how is he being a prick? if he lies and says Tebow is our guy and then drafts someone like Nick Foles in the 1st next year, he is instantly hated by the masses, because he is truthful and not slobbing on the Teboner like the majority of the Bronco nation he is a prick. he is not being a prick he is doing his job, and his job is to get this team back to a Championship contender level, and it is good he isn't just sitting back and giving the job to Tim.

Elway is in quite possibly the most difficult position of any front office exec in the NFL right now. he has a QB who is adored by the masses who shows he is a great RB/H-Back but so far an extremely mediocre QB, but his deficiencies are ignored because he is winning in an extremely unorthodox way.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Question: is the front office 100% behind Tebow?

Answer: no

So what is the argument beside this?

McDman
11-24-2011, 08:22 PM
how is he being a prick? if he lies and says Tebow is our guy and then drafts someone like Nick Foles in the 1st next year, he is instantly hated by the masses, because he is truthful and not slobbing on the Teboner like the majority of the Bronco nation he is a prick. he is not being a prick he is doing his job, and his job is to get this team back to a Championship contender level, and it is good he isn't just sitting back and giving the job to Tim.

Elway is in quite possibly the most difficult position of any front office exec in the NFL right now. he has a QB who is adored by the masses who shows he is a great RB/H-Back but so far an extremely mediocre QB, but his deficiencies are ignored because he is winning in an extremely unorthodox way.

Please stop being reasonable and insert Tebow's balls into your mouth like most of the Maners.

DenverBroncosJM
11-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Or elways for other half because he was a great qb

Play2win
11-24-2011, 08:37 PM

Dude, I think Elway knows a thing or two about marketing. I think that is what a lot of this is. further pushing a brand and making constant chatter.

Play2win
11-24-2011, 08:49 PM

:twitch:

(only, just a great player... WTF?!?)

errand
11-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah, he is the greatest player in team history... but he is in his rookie year of GM'ing or VP of FB OP'ing or whatever you want to call it. And he is making rookie mistakes, as would be expected, but he is not above criticism. I don't care how good of a player he was it doesn't change the fact that they made and continue to make some mistakes in the handling of this situation.

My point though, was that the "sensitivity" that you complain about with Tebow supporters is the exact behavior that you and your ilk exhibit when someone says anything negative about Elway. If you are too obtuse to acknowledge that then its on you.

There are gonna be growing pains all the way around when you are rebuilding a team. The regime, the players, and the coaches will all get better with time.

and if you haven't noticed that the Tebowites attack anyone, even the greatest Bronco of all if they say anything that they deem unfair criticism of Tebow then it's on you.

Play2win
11-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Elway can say whatever the **** he want. In fact, the more pressure he put on the better, especially for a critical position like QB. We need to know if this guy will go to war with us, and has got what it takes, in all categories... is he a true warrior? And will he (eventually) really deliver us to the promised land?

Play2win
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
and if you haven't noticed that the Tebowites attack anyone, even the greatest Bronco of all if they say anything that they deem unfair criticism of Tebow then it's on you.

I would also like to add, with all apologies to Floyd Little, Elway is the Franchise.

errand
11-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Question: is the front office 100% behind Tebow?

Answer: no

So what is the argument beside this?

You're probably correct...but why is the FO not being 100% the kid so terrible?

So if they could sign Drew Brees in 2012 even if it means Tebow doesn't play another down at QB for the Broncos would you say that was a good thing or bad thing?

Elway's job isn't to play wet nurse to any one on team, let alone the QB....it's to make this team a championship caliber team, if that means keeping Tebow fine...if it means getting rid of him and drafting someone they think can get us there or sign a FA they think can do it...fine by me.

Play2win
11-24-2011, 09:01 PM
****, let Elway challenge Tebow publicly, and see how he responds. We would find out a lot, real soon.

errand
11-24-2011, 09:04 PM
I would also like to add, with all apologies to Floyd Little, Elway is the Franchise.

He is...his face is the face of the franchise. He's the biggest celebrity in the state of Colorado....

He's not above criticism, but the vile hatred being spewed by Tebowites because he hurt their feelings by not saying what they think he should say is just mind numbing...

Some of these clowns have tweeted some pretty bad **** about him....

Hey Tebowites...get a clue....he's been a FO guy for less time than Tebow has been a Bronco QB....but you wanna bitch about his rookie mistakes if anyuone accepts the premise of your argument?

errand
11-24-2011, 09:06 PM
****, let Elway challenge Tebow publicly, and see how he responds. We would find out a lot, real soon.

Bill Parcells use to play mind games with his QB's...and he only won two SB's outta the 3 he coached those QB's in

Hamrob
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Nobody is truly sold on Tebow yet. Myself included (for the record). But, I'd like to see him play the rest of the year, be given an off-season as the guy, and be the guy leading this team into the 2012 season.

My issue isn't what Elway thinks of Tebow at this point...it's that he wasn't savy enough to know that he would start a **** storm right before we play the most important game of our season!

As for Tebow...I'll be sold, when his teammates start coming out in defense of him. That hasn't really happened yet. The mood rightnow is this: Hey, it's working...as long as we are winning games, it's all good. When I start hearing his teammates saying, he's the guy...we don't want anybody else etc. Then we have something.

Play2win
11-24-2011, 09:08 PM
He is...his face is the face of the franchise. He's the biggest celebrity in the state of Colorado....

He's not above criticism, but the vile hatred being spewed by Tebowites because he hurt their feelings by not saying what they think he should say is just mind numbing...

Some of these clowns have tweeted some pretty bad **** about him....

Hey Tebowites...get a clue....he's been a FO guy for less time than Tebow has been a Bronco QB....but you wanna b**** about his rookie mistakes if anyuone accepts the premise of your argument?

Exactly... One guys the boss, the other guy works for him...

Deal with it!

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2011, 09:08 PM

So if they could sign Drew Brees in 2012 even if it means Tebow doesn't play another down at QB for the Broncos would you say that was a good thing or bad thing?

Elway's job isn't to play wet nurse to any one on team, let alone the QB....it's to make this team a championship caliber team, if that means keeping Tebow fine...if it means getting rid of him and drafting someone they think can get us there or sign a FA they think can do it...fine by me.

Who said it was terrible? Wasn't me. In fact, I said it was expected and rather commonplace.

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Nobody is truly sold on Tebow yet. Myself included (for the record). But, I'd like to see him play the rest of the year, be given an off-season as the guy, and be the guy leading this team into the 2012 season.

My issue isn't what Elway thinks of Tebow at this point...it's that he wasn't savy enough to know that he would start a **** storm right before we play the most important game of our season!

As for Tebow...I'll be sold, when his teammates start coming out in defense of him. That hasn't really happened yet. The mood rightnow is this: Hey, it's working...as long as we are winning games, it's all good. When I start hearing his teammates saying, he's the guy...we don't want anybody else etc. Then we have something.

Champ, Von, Dawk...the defense has backed the guy. It should be no surprise that they are doing it on the field as well.

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 09:12 PM
Elway...great player, rookie VP. Period.

It is what it is.

He should shut his mouth and let the team be the story. Elway should get back in his office, write some memos, shuffle some papers, make some phone calls, and shut the heck up.

Be seen and not heard, Duke. You're at the kids table now.

McDman
11-24-2011, 09:18 PM

What makes you think we even have a one in a million shot at Brees? Zero chance NO let's him out of there.

McDman
11-24-2011, 09:21 PM
Champ, Von, Dawk...the defense has backed the guy. It should be no surprise that they are doing it on the field as well.

We need to stop using player comments about their teammates as some sort of evidence that everyone thinks he is great within the organization. Unless the player is a complete ass or an idiot they are never going to say anything bad about him.

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 09:23 PM
We need to stop using player comments about their teammates as some sort of evidence that everyone thinks he is great within the organization. Unless the player is a complete ass or an idiot they are never going to say anything bad about him.

Maybe Elway should learn from them or get back in the office and shuffle some more papers.

Archer81
11-24-2011, 09:29 PM

They would not go out of their way to praise him, either.

:Broncos:

Requiem
11-24-2011, 09:32 PM
Epic, how does Tebow's dick taste?

Wes Mantooth
11-24-2011, 09:33 PM
who cares.

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 09:34 PM
who cares.

Elway.

Apparently he doesnt like shuffling papers.

McDman
11-24-2011, 09:38 PM
They would not go out of their way to praise him, either.

:Broncos:

They're not. Everytime a Bronco is interviewed they're given the same Tebow questions. How do you think they're going to answer them?

Wes Mantooth
11-24-2011, 09:43 PM
Elway.

Apparently he doesnt like shuffling papers.

I just don't get why anyone gets worked up about this crap. Who cares what Elway says or what Tebow thinks.

I didn't see the clip, but I am sure it is edited for dramatic effect.

theAPAOps5
11-24-2011, 09:52 PM
I just don't get why anyone gets worked up about this crap. Who cares what Elway says or what Tebow thinks.

You realize that Drama Llama is the chief fluffer of Tebow and head of the Denver Tebows right?

If you even say Tebow is average he throws a fit and stomps his feet.

Popps
11-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Elway...great player, rookie VP. Period.

It is what it is.

He should shut his mouth and let the team be the story. Elway should get back in his office, write some memos, shuffle some papers, make some phone calls, and shut the heck up.

Be seen and not heard, Duke. You're at the kids table now.

You'd hold this exact same opinion if he was being interviewed daily and praising Tebow and regularly giving him votes of confidence, right? This is purely a technical issue for you, right? Nothing to do with disagreeing with the message?

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 10:02 PM

Youre probably correct on that account.

errand
11-24-2011, 10:04 PM
What makes you think we even have a one in a million shot at Brees? Zero chance NO let's him out of there.

Well, maybe because they haven't locked him up already.....sure he'll more than likely resign with them if he's happy there...but how do we know he is? I mean didn't he just win a super bowl two seasons ago? Played at a high level his entire time there, and yet they haven't signed him to bigger deal yet?

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 10:05 PM
You'd hold this exact same opinion if he was being interviewed daily and praising Tebow and regularly giving him votes of confidence, right? This is purely a technical issue for you, right? Nothing to do with disagreeing with the message?

If he doesn't understand the media climate around his quarterback, then he isn't fit for a front office job in the NFL.

You simply have ot ask why he continues to drive this storyline.

It doesn't make sense and theres nothing good that has or can come from it.

Its much more simple than the goobers who want to make this an "Elway vs. Tebow" thing. Elway's job is to put the team in the best position to succeed. He continues to fail in that assignment. Elway's comments are an indictment of Elway, and not anyone else.

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 10:22 PM
You know, if this were during a time of war, Elway would be accused of defeatism. And if I'm not mistaken, this is considered a grave offense. In some societies, it could cost you your life.

When your team is figuratively "going to war" each weekend, the last thing the VP / GM / Front Office guy needs to do is plant the seeds of defeatism.

Elway, OTHO, is busy sowing the seeds of doubt about Tebow. It's mind-dumbingly dumb, really.

Mile High Mojoe
11-24-2011, 10:48 PM

The more I check out your posts the more I see you don't have the first ffing clue about what you're talking about. Despite all the evidence and facts you're still a broken record, it's boring, you're boring.

Hulamau
11-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Yah that's what he said AFTER he said the other comments about him not being sold on him. Otherwise known as damage control after his twitter etc blew up.

This the same **** every few weeks Elway says something ****ty then has to give another interview to soften/retract the **** he spews

Tjesus take a pill and whine away! Some of you guys with hurt manginas over what Elway said need to take a breather and stop parsing every little word spoken like it's a SALT III treaty negotiation,!Elway gave Tim PLENTY of praise in the first and this last 'clarification' interview, but he was also honest with where there are in the evaluation process. They like much of what they see and really love his desire and grit, but its too early to make it ABSOLUTELY certain he's the long term guy!

How is that even controversial!???? Its objective REALITY! but some of these girlie men here that get bent out of shape every time someone speaks Tebow's name without singing his praise with Highest Hosannas need to reevaluate their priorities in life...

The only reason Elway even felt the need to clarify anything at all was because of the rabid press frenzy over all things Timmy and the 'Stepford Children fanatics' their kind of knee jerk 'over the top' reporting has bred that has gotten way out of control.

Simmer down some of you .. we all want Tim to succeed and with some hard work and a little luck he likely will! But any coach that would anoint him now as a 15 year franchise savior for absolute certain should get run out of Dodge on his ear. That would be the very worst message to Tim at this stage of his early development, not to mention the rest of the team! Luckily Tebow himself no doubt has a far more down to earth perspective on where he is at in all this and understands I imagine just where Elway and Fox are coming from.

Rolandftw
11-24-2011, 11:01 PM
I'll listen to the interview, but I don't see it as a big deal. If Tebow's feelings are hurt by what Elway said then he's probably not the right person for the job anyways. Players get evaluated all the time, and even hall of famers get replaced if the situation merits it.

Tebow fans that are saying to 'let the season play itself out,' would NOT be saying the same thing if Elway went out and said that the Broncos found their QB and that there is no way they would pursue drafting another one high.

Elway said what they didn't want to hear, and wasn't particularly tactful about it. I do believe he's being honest and that he, and the rest of the Broncos want the kid to be successful. And outside of maybe a small collection of fans, most people want Tebow to be successful as well.

cutthemdown
11-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Elway is superstitious. As long as Tebow wins he will keep saying the same thing lol.

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 11:56 PM
Elway is superstitious. As long as Tebow wins he will keep saying the same thing lol.

Honestly, thats the most rational explanation anyone has given for Elway's statements. Superstition and rationality...oh the irony. ;D

epicSocialism4tw
11-24-2011, 11:57 PM
I'll listen to the interview, but I don't see it as a big deal. If Tebow's feelings are hurt by what Elway said then he's probably not the right person for the job anyways. Players get evaluated all the time, and even hall of famers get replaced if the situation merits it.

Tebow fans that are saying to 'let the season play itself out,' would NOT be saying the same thing if Elway went out and said that the Broncos found their QB and that there is no way they would pursue drafting another one high.

Elway said what they didn't want to hear, and wasn't particularly tactful about it. I do believe he's being honest and that he, and the rest of the Broncos want the kid to be successful. And outside of maybe a small collection of fans, most people want Tebow to be successful as well.

Your separation of "Tebow fans" from "Broncos fans" is a little childish, don't you think?

BabyTO
11-25-2011, 12:30 AM
elway is a turd. ****in moron doesnt even know our players names so what the hell is he babbling about when it comes to the future of our team. he should focus on making sure theres enough gatorade out there on gameday and hand the players towels here and there

Rolandftw
11-25-2011, 01:00 AM
Your separation of "Tebow fans" from "Broncos fans" is a little childish, don't you think?

How's it childish? I'm not saying Tebow fans are not Bronco fans. Just pointing out there are fans of the Broncos that like Tebow, identify with him, think he's the future of the Broncos at QB. These same fans, get mad when someone in the media rips into him or if a player/executive isn't sold on him.

There are other Bronco fans that want Tebow to do well, but feel we need to see a bigger body of work to make judgments on Tebow one way or the other.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either train of thought. But diehard fans of Tebow, do not think the process should carry itself out. From what I've been reading at least, it's already played out. Tebow's done enough to be the starter in the future.

mhgaffney
11-25-2011, 01:48 AM
You super-fans are making a mountain out of a mole hill. What else can Elway say at this point?

Would you prefer that he lie?

Tebow is undergoing a trial run. That's been the case since he took over from Orton. Everyone knows it, including Tebow.

It is what it is.

MHG

Gort
11-25-2011, 01:54 AM
It is what it is.

in other words,

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/9189283.jpg

tesnyde
11-25-2011, 04:45 AM

I've always believed a good leader praises publicly, critics in private Why the hell let the media create riffs in your oganization and give the ammo to do it? Leave gossip, sensationalism, and public criticing to Hollywood and DC. There are plenty of easily agreed upon qualities Tebow possesses for John to focus on.

Armchair Bronco
11-25-2011, 04:49 AM
I missed the Sharpe interview on Thanksgiving and still haven't seen a copy surface on the Interwebs.

I hope CBS Sports will re-broadcast it on Sunday.

chrisp
11-25-2011, 05:10 AM
What some people are forgetting is that when the coaching staff and front office backed Orton it was in the face of overwhelming opposition from the fans. So positive statements were in order untill such time as they decided he was no longer the guy.

With Tebow the opposite is true - when did anybody ever pay for billboards about the backup qb fer chrissakes?? There is an overwhelming clamour to have him anointed and so actually what Elway is doing is just the same thing as he did with Orton - trying to balance out a fan response that has lost all sense of proportion.

Maybe he's mishandled it just in that he's allowed it to become an issue that the media have latched on to, so now its a problem. But Tebow would be a PR challenge for the most experienced GM, and frankly, of all the things I want Elway to get right, PR is not at the top of my list.

I reckon this goes away if:

1) we finish the season 9-7 or better (which is actually a possibility now!), and
2) Tebow gets his completion percentage about 55% and our third down conversions up in the 30-40% range

If either of those two things don't happen then the controversy runs into the offseason.....and god help us :wiggle:

chrisp
11-25-2011, 05:12 AM
I hope CBS Sports will re-broadcast it on Sunday.

I Don't! I've had enough of this BS already.....

Armchair Bronco
11-25-2011, 05:15 AM
I Don't! I've had enough of this BS already.....

Well, simple enough. Don't watch if it's rebroadcast. Problem solved.

Armchair Bronco
11-25-2011, 05:19 AM
With Tebow the opposite is true - when did anybody ever pay for billboards about the backup qb fer chrissakes?? There is an overwhelming clamour to have him anointed and so actually what Elway is doing is just the same thing as he did with Orton - trying to balance out a fan response that has lost all sense of proportion.

Seriously? I think you're giving way too much credit to some mystical ability of Elway to rise above the fray and temper the runaway enthusiasm of fans who think Tebow is the most exciting player on the squad since...well...since Terrell Davis.

Elway isn't trying to "balance out" anything. The only explanations that make sense are either: A) he's cluless and is just flapping his yapper with zero forethought; or B) he's publicly trying to build a case against Tebow's alleged "statistical failings" because he's already decided to move in another direction.

Jay3
11-25-2011, 05:20 AM
I reckon this goes away if:

1) we finish the season 9-7 or better (which is actually a possibility now!), and
2) Tebow gets his completion percentage about 55% and our third down conversions up in the 30-40% range

If either of those two things don't happen then the controversy runs into the offseason.....and god help us :wiggle:

You're dreaming. Tebow's gone after this year. That smell? It's coffee.

McDman
11-25-2011, 06:03 AM
The more I check out your posts the more I see you don't have the first ffing clue about what you're talking about. Despite all the evidence and facts you're still a broken record, it's boring, you're boring.

That's fine. Just put me on ignore and go back to making that sweet background on your myspace page.

Broncbow
11-25-2011, 07:05 AM
So many levels of Betrayal where do I start?

The next 4 out of 6 opponents Chiefs, Vikings, Bills, and Chargers have only averaged 12 points per game in their last two respective games combined.

Chiefs 3, 10
Chargers 20, 17
Bills 8, 7
Vikings 7, 21

Bears are playing a back up who has never started, he is hating having to play in DooMillerVille.

Broncos where well on their way to a 10-6 record if not 11-5 had not John Elway created two major hurdles in the path of the Broncos this season with Patriots and Chiefs.

John Elway just took a Chiefs team that was virtually irrelivant to the Broncos post season hopes with Tyler Palko who just threw 3 interceptions in his first start, and made them a force to be reckoned with.

Not just a team, but a division rival that was not even relavent to posing a big threat, and turning them into just that this season, by allowing Kyle Orton 6 weeks to get the Chiefs prepared to spoil the Broncos play-off birth with all the details in the world as to what makes this offense and defense tick.

As if they needed that edge, not to mention a much better QB after the close game just two weeks ago, where Tim Tebow threw the 50+ yard TD bomb to win it in the end.

Elway seems to never fail to miss an opportunity these days to sabotage the Broncos. Waiting till the play-offs where all but at hand, to cut your best back up QB, and send him to start for your division rival? Who is paying Elways salary, the opponents or the Broncos?

Betrayal

Keeping Orton around until the team is in position to make the play-offs then cut the best back up QB on the team? Coincidence?

Is it coinscidence that as soon as the Bear's lose their starting QB while in a 5 game winning streak. the formidable hurdle they posed to the Broncos schedule no longer intact, that Elway treasonously allowed Orton to be waived and sent to the Bear's to not only share intimate details about the scheme, but to replace a backup Bear QB who had never started NFL game in his life? Orton made it clear he wanted cut to go play for the bears. Just coincidence that Orton was cut at the most opportune time to do the most damage to the Broncos, as if starting him in place of tebow was not damage enough.

Betrayal

Brandon Lloyd being traded for less than we could have gotten from a compensatory pick, that is if we decided not to pay him and allow him to make ESPN highlight reels for the us rather than for Josh McDaniels Rams; is it just coincidence that Elway Traded Tebow's No.1 receiver just before Tebow makes his first start. You have to remember this is the receiver Tebow paid to fly out to practice with in Florida during the offseason.

Betrayal

Elway acted like a cancer in the locker room, when asked

“Any closer to feeling if you have your quarterback on this team?”

Elway flat out answered “no.”

What is the teams exec doing hammering the wedge of doubt into the locker room week in and week out.

Watching Elway write off the teams woeful 3rd down completion percentage at the feet of tebow, speaks volumes in regards to Elways cowardly scapegoating antics designed to do nothing more than make Tebow look poor, when in fact it is the manner in which Tebow is being developed that is indeed poor.

Betrayal

During the Jets game Tebow passed it 8 times on 3rd and long, yet he only got to pass it on first down just once while the team was not in a throw it from behind predictable passing frenzy.

Aaron Rodgers, in the first half alone 7 times the passes on first, and 9 times on first down in the first half of Sundays game as well. That is an 8 times average on first downs in two games, making John foxes passing scheme 8 times worst.

Elway knows there is more to 3rd down completion percentages than the QB, a scheme that is not predictable has a lot to do with it. That is what makes the Packers so phenomenal, you really don't know if they are going to pass it or throw it.

This is why John Elway is a scapegoating coward. John Fox has yet to implement what is considered a normal offense in the Modern era. His ultra-conservative play not to lose antics is what made him a losing coach before Tebow turned his career around to being winning coach.

Elway, tmaking all that ails our 3rd down conversion rate, Tebow's fault, while making John Fox out to be this be all end all offensive coach who is being held back by Tim Tebow is a total disgrace. How much more of a scapegoating coward can you get? As if prototypical Orton was playing lights out with Foxes Scheme.

All you have to do to realize how pathetic Foxes scheme truly is, is compare Ortons last seasons first 5 games to this season.

979 yards 8 TD's 7 Int's 1-5
2031 yards 8 TD's 3 Int's 2-5

Despite having Brandon Lloyd, Orton had less than half the yards, and half the wins. This is clearly an endictment to just how atrocious Foxes passing scheme is compared to that of a normal modern era passing scheme.

Betrayal

Hearing John Fox say "We can say its Tim's Fault, but we won't," speaks volumes in regards to scapegoating the tremendous effort Fox and Elway have striven towards in assuring Tebow emerge as a complete and utter failure in the passing game. Fact's speak for themselves.

Broncbow
11-25-2011, 07:06 AM
Betrayal

To illustrate just how far Elway and Fox have gone out of their way to make Tebow look bad in the passing game, all we have to do is go back to Tebows first 3 starts and compare them to his last 3.

Tebow went from 217 passing yards per game average in his first 3 games,
To pass for less than 100 yards per game average in his last three games.

•651 passing yards in 3 games of 2010
•297 yards in Tebows last 3 games of 2011
How much proof do you need to see Elway has had Tebow in shut down mode.
The difference is less than 1600 passing yards a season, and nearly a 3,500 passing yards per season average.

Tebow has 8 TD's in his 5 starts this season.
Tebow had 7 TD's in just 3 starts last season.

The difference is 22 TD's a season to 37 TD's per season when projecting the before and after results of Elways impact.

Thing is, Tebow was well on his way to crushing John Elways all time seasonal best yardage record as well as his all time best seasonal TD record, before Tebow was shut down by this diobalical duo. Yet despite Elway maliciously spiting Tebow, he has managed to even still rise above to taking a 1-4 team to being 4-1.

Betrayal

Just coincidence that the Broncos awesome rushing offense had the reigns pulled back on them from pounding the Lions rushing defense which happens to be one of the worst in the league, this so Elway could throw Tebow into the teeth of the Lions top 5 passing offense with 45 one dimensional passing plays? Just coincidence eh?

Tim Tebow made his 2011 home starting debut vs. Lions
If this was not payback time for the fans who forced Elway and Fox to start Tebow, I don't know what is.

How do you deliberately refuse to pound one of the leagues worst rushing defenses, with one of the leagues best rushing offenses, by diabolically jerking back the reigns of the RB's to just 5 carries in the 6 consecutive drives of the first half following a 50 yard pounding in the first drive?

To then send Tebow into the teeth of the Lions top 5 passing defense, by forcing him into 45 pass plays in just his second start, with less than a month of parctice with his receiving corps? With sly Foxes whacked out passing scheme? Make no mistake about it, the Lions game was pay back time to the fans, courtesy of the two Johns who stunk up Mile High.

How in the hell do you abandon the run after posting 50 yards on the first drive with it, and then leave Tebow hung out to dry with a passing game that only affords him 5 running plays by the RB's in the next 6 drives. Elway and Sly Fox intentionally went against the grain of how they ought to have game planned a defense that had one of the worst rushing defense and one of the best passing defenses.

The opponents could not have drawn up a worst game plan for the Broncos to attempt and execute, especially considering the circumstances of Tebows lack of chemistry with his receivers.

The week before Tebow was held to only 8 passing attempts in the first 3 quarters for goodness sakes.

Betrayal

Elways sabotaging antics know no bounds. I mean Tebow only throwing it 16 times in 2 games worth of quarters, proves how desperate Elway and Fox is in their endeavor to shut down Tebows passing game. Especially when you consider the opponent possessed the 21st averaged passing defense.

8 attempts against the Chiefs, over 60% where high risk passes
8 attempts against the Dolphins in the first 3 quarters, despite winnign with the passing game
Zero attempts in the Raiders 4th quarter, despite having thown 2 TD passes

Hall of Famer Steve Young said it best, if I was in Tebow's shoes and trying to prove myself as an NFL QB and they let him only throw 3 passes per half he would be "livid" and ask to be released/traded and go to a team where they would allow him to have the opportunity to throw the ball to develop as a QB... he also stated that if he heard his coach make the same comment about being screwed in a regular offense he'd be mad as hell. Not only did fox say screwed, but he also called his passing game crap.

Betrayal

Tebow has had only 24 passing attempts in 5 1/2 games while the team was either tied or ahead. He was forced to throw the other 101 of his passing attempts while the team was behind.

Allowing the ultr-conservative scheme to position the team to being behind, before Tebow is allowed to predictably attempt to regain the lead with the passing game has played a huge role in compromising his passing game. Especially when you consider the amount of attempts in predictable passing downs.

A whopping 18 attempts per game when we are behind, compared to only 4 attempts when we are tied or ahead proves without a shadow of a doubt that the scheme is only interested in exploiting and sabotaging Tebows passing game rather than aiming to develope it.

Betrayal

During the Chiefs game, how was giving Tebow only 8 passing attempts, of which 63% of the passes where high risk deep passing plays, supposed to do anything but stunt the growth of Tebows passing game? Where in the hell are all those high percentage plays Orton executed virtually 100% of the time.

When you do the math, it all adds up, it is not hard, it is actually rather easy to figure out what went wrong with Tebows completion percentage when you factor in John Foxes pathetic coaching into the equation.

Could Tebows completion percentages decline be the result of having zero reps actually practicing with his starting receiving corp, until emerged as the current QB? Yes

Could Tebows completion percentages decline possibly be the result of having his No.1 and No.2 receivers traded, to then be left with starting receivers who like Tebow may as well be rookies in their own right? and yes

Could Tebows completion percentages decline possibly be the result of a passing scheme that is night and day from resembling what a regular modern era offensive passing scheme ought to look like? Yes

Betrayal

For instance if you take away just two drives from the Raiders game, Tebow looks like Aaron Rogers with his 73% completion percentage and two passing TD's. Why must you take out the two drives? Because the play-calling was about as incompetantly ludicrous as humanly possible.

Seeing Tebows two passing TD's and 73% completion percentage buried in the Raider game, beneath John Foxes second quarter adjustment that forced Tebow into a predictably one dimensional come from behind adjustment to the opponent reveals just how pathetically weak John is at adjusting.

It is truly eye opening eye opening when you factor in the influence the sly foxesplay calling has on the demise of Tebows passing game wise. Forcing Tebow to pass it 6 times for every run on the 14 plays of the two last drives of the second half, is a testament to the ball and chain of the sabotaging scheme Tebow has been forced to drag around win after win.

Foxes adjustments expose how far on the other end of the spectrum he is when it comes to possessing an ability to actually employ a normal modern era passing offense. His passing scheme is not primitive, it is just whacked. 6 passing plays to one rush in 14 consecutive plays? Who in the hell can defend this level of incompetance regarding the whacked play-calling.

John Foxes passing scheme, has for the most part, lacked the continuity and balance that is a vital dimensionality instrumental to any successful passing offense. Putting Tebow in the position of being forced into one predictable pass play after another, while playing from behind did nothing more than play into the strength of the opponents defense, while destroying Tebows completion percentage.

It is a fact that the stupid adjustments Fox made in the second quarter of the Raiders game was indeed the very thing that killed Tebows completion percentage that game.

Broncbow
11-25-2011, 07:07 AM
Betrayal

Fox has yet to beat any team this season with his second quarter adjustments.

Broncos verses opponents by the Quarter

1st Quarter - 6-2-1 (44pts vs 33pts)
2nd Quarter - 0-7-2 (20pts vs 111pts)
3rd Quarter - 4-3-2 (55pts vs 54pts)
4th Quarter - 4-2-3 (84pts vs 50pts)

Accuracy requires reps, in order for Tebow to get his completion percentage up to par, he needs to have more than 16 attempts in 2 games worth of quarters. a passing scheme that allows only 4 attempts per half average is not going to develope Tebow, this is one of the things that has Steve Young so livid, that and Fox making fun of Tebow.

Betrayal

Watching Fox put Tebow in the position where he is forced to throw it 4 1/2 times more when we are behind, speaks volumes considering Tebows first quarter QBR and completion percentages.

•Tebow has a 58% completion percentage in the first quarter: 99.9 QBR
•Tebow has a 56% completion percentage in the fourth quarter: 107 QBR
•Tebow has a 60% completion percentage in the 4th when we are within 7: QBR 137.5
•Tebows second best situational QB rating is when we are ahead by 1-8 points, its at 135.4.

The situational rating and completion percentage speak for themselves, Tebow is not just good in the 4th quarter, he is pretty damn good in the first as well. The revelation of this has been buried behind a scheme that has clearly been deisgned to stunt tebows passing growth than to let it shine by exploiting opponents weaknesses rather than sending Tebow into the teeth of their stregnth.

Who’s the best fourth-quarter quarterback in the NFL this season?

Statistically speaking, Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow just misses rating the best.

The fourth-quarter QBR leaders feature an unlikely top three, with Tebow (86.4) sandwiched between New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning (86.9) and Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick (86.2).

Those three rank just ahead of two quarterbacks who would be expected to be on this list, since they rank 1-2 in Total QBR-- Drew Brees (83.3) and Aaron Rodgers (82.1).

Tebow sits second, on the strength of the Broncos fourth-quarter comeback wins over the Miami Dolphins and New York Jets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/32152/tebow-clutch-even-more-than-elway

Broncbow
11-25-2011, 07:07 AM
Betrayal

How is it that Tebow can be phenomenally accurate for 8 years, then all of a sudden he is no longer accurate? You can't possibly tell me that the NCAA division 1A passer rating record, Tebow possessed in the hardest division in college is just a fluke that hardly represents a QB's level of accuracy. That is total BS. BS that resounds on Tebows team in the form of the two Johns stinking up the place.

They said he couldn't do it there or here, just goes to show what they know, eh?

Tebow has been overcoming hurdles since before he was born. I mean it is not as if Tim Tebow did not overcome the hurdle of the best conference in college to be

1. The player whose career passer rating broke the standing NCAA Division 1A record 4-year passer rating record
2. The player who broke Herschel Walkers SEC TD record, while playing Georgia
3. The player who finished a game with a broken leg in high school
4. The Player with the longest touchdown pass in any BCS bowl game
5. The Player who became the first SEC player to reach 12,000 yards of total offense
6. The player who has scored more points than any non-kicker in SEC history
7. The player who was named the SEC offensive player of the year
8. The Player who became the first to rush and pass for 20 TD's in an NCAA season
9. The player who won the Heisman the first season he started at Quarterback
10 The player who is a two-time national champion
11. The Player who recorded the most TD's in a season for any position in SEC history
12. The players whose 533 yards, set a Bowl Championship Series game record
13. The player who possesses leadership and heart to the point of making an immortalized speech that lead to the Gators possessing a 22 game winning streak, and another National Championship Title
14. The Player who is considered the greatest player in college football history
15. The player who transcended his high school stardom to the college ranks?

High school 95 TD's 9,810 Passing Yards 62 Rushing 3,189 yards

Florida Gator 88 TD's 9,285 Passing Yards 57 TD's Rushing 2,947 Yards Rushing

When you compare Tebows and Peyton Mannings college carriers how is it that so many people ignore the fact that Tebow was a much more accurate QB than Peyton Manning? Manning had 28 interceptions in his first season.

Passing attempts

Tebow 995
Manning 1354

Completion percentage
Tebow 66.4
Manning 62.85

Passing yards
Tebow 9285 9.3 ypa
Manning 11,201 8.3 ypa

Passing TD's
Tebow 88 ~ 57 rushing TD's
Manning 90 ~ 12

Peyton has just two more TD's than Tebow depite having 359 more passing attempts.But when you add Tebows rushing TD's it puts Manning Td's to shame. Peyton has more than half the INT's that Tebow had. Then there are the two Clutch championships to the chokers zero. Is it any wonder his neck hurts?

There is a reason why Alex Smith goes from being all but written off, at this level, to having the best season of his career with half the int's and much better QB rating not to mention win /loss ratio. Lost in the Tebow sucks as a passer, is John Foxes sabotaging passing scheme.

Heralded Andy dalton is averaging 1.6 TD's a game, and has 6 wins in 10 games,

Tebow his averaging 2 TD's a game, and has 5 wins in 8 games.

Andy has 3 times the Int's as Tebow.

Andy Dalton has yet to beat a winning team, 7 int's in the 3 losses against winning teams speaks volumes in regards to how he has built his reputation on the shell of losing teams.

A 57.6 QB rating, 3 TD's to 6 int's in the 4th decries the fact that Dalton is not a clutch QB.

Tim Tebow is clutch, 56% completion percentage, 5 TD's to 1 int, 107 QBR

4 int's to 1 TD, 50.7 completion percentage when the team is within 7 points of the lead in the 4th quarter is sad really especially when compared to Tim Tebow.

Tebow has a 60% completion percentage in the 4th when within 7: QBR 137.5

Despite tebow having the secind best QB rating in th league in the 4th quarter,

Tebow has a 58% completion percentage in the first quarter: 99.9 QBR

Tebows second best situational QB rating is when ahead by 1-8 points, its at 135.4.

So you see Tebow is clutch when the team is behind in the 4th, as well as when the team is not forced to play from behind.

Tebow is a much better QB, than John Foxes sabotaging scheme is making him out to be~!!

How many of the other QB's had his No.1 and No.2 receivers traded away midway during that 8 game stretch?
How many had to come in and play on a team that was losing 80% of their games.
How many did not have the luxury to practice with their starters before making their initial start?

When you actually stop and consider the amazing hurdles Tebow has had to overcome, and how his numbers are among the best in the league, it really blows my mind to see folks get carried away by in their attempt to undermine his NFL success.

Speaking of being carried, Ben Roethlisberger had 18 TD's to 11 ints in his first season with 16 starts. Being on a good team, it was enough to get him to the play-offs, that is where he managed to throw 5 ints and 3 TD's. Steelers went 3-1 without Ben, only to watch Ben intercept the teams way out of a Super Bowl victory.

Tony Romo took over in the second half of a game as well when Drew Bledsoe was flailing. He too threw 2 TD passes, but he also threw 3 interceptions, and this was his fourth season in the league. Romo finished the 10 game season with 19 TD's and 13 ints. its not like he took over a losing team either.

Drew Brees finished his second season 16 game starts with only 17 TD's 16 ints. He finished 8-8

Tom Brady took a losing team to 3-2 with 7 TD's 4 ints 2 fumbles
Brady wound up with 18 TD's and 12 ints in his first season with 14 starts.

The striking thing about these QB's is the int rates. Tebow has had 1 int in 125 passing attempts all season, these guys had 16, 11, 13, 12. I mean here we are mid way through the season and Brees already has 11 INT's. Andy Dalton a QB who has yet to beat a winning team, just threw 3 Sunday.

Rivers has 17 ints to 16 TD's this season in 10 starts. Tebow is putting that to shame in his 8 1/2 games.

While Tebow has his team on a 3 game win streak, Rivers has his team on a 5 game losing streak thanks to his 10 ints.

Funny thing is despite being carried by a very good Chargers team to the play-offs, with a 22 TD and 9 INT in his first 16 game season, Rivers managed to have zero TD's and two turnovers in his first play-off game. That is so LAME.

River's 22 TD's and 10 int's in his first 17 games, is good, but not nearly as good as Tebows projection.

Speaking of interceptions, Peyton Manning had 28 int's to 26 TD's, what the Tebow haters don;t want you to see though is how Peyton was crushed by Tebow in college too.

Betrayal

John Elway has indeed betrayed Tim Tebow, Betrayed the Broncos.

There are ways to develope a young and up and coming QB, is it no wonder HOFer Steve Young is so livid over the diabolical treatment Tebow has been at the receiving end of? I mean to have your own coach talking Smack about you , calling your passing game crap, and saying you would be screwed trying to run a normal offense, as if Tebow has been even given the opportunity to execute a normal modern era offense with the two johns stinking up the place with their sabotaging scheme. UUUUHHHHGGGGGG

Welcome to the modern era. I just saw Aaron Rodgers pass it 9 times in the first half alone on first downs Sunday.

Now if your opponents assume you are going to run it on first, wouldn't that afford your young QB an extra advantage to be successful?

It's not if Tebow did not light the Jets up for nearly 30 yards on the pass that was on first down in the Jets game, when the team was not forced to predictably get into a passing from behind frenzy.

John Foxes predictable ultra consevative scheme sucks. Guy needs to get with the program and learn how to run a regular offense in the Modern Era. There is a reason Tebow had so much more success last seson than this season in the passing game, John Fox has yet to implement what is considered a regular modern era offense. The offense has has been running has been completely whacked, yet despite that, unlike Orton, Tebow has managed to drag victory out of the mouth of defeatist scheme time and time again.

Betrayal

This is what you call an orgy of evidence exposing Elways attempt to not only stink up Tebows passing game, but proving without a shadow of a doubt that John Elway is a traitor. Seeing how he has this fan base divided, has me wondering how hammering a wedge of doubt into the lockerroom does anything but hurt the team.

How can he say no to a QB who is on pace for 30 TD's to 8 int's in his first 16 starts, while having to carry the ball and chain of a sabotaging passing scheme, to take this team that started 1-4 to a possible 10-6 standing? Does John Elway think he can get away with this because he is smarter than everry body else?

Gort
11-25-2011, 07:10 AM
So many levels of Betrayal where do I start?

The next 4 out of 6 opponents Chiefs, Vikings, Bills, and Chargers have only averaged 12 points per game in their last two respective games combined.

Chiefs 3, 10
Chargers 20, 17
Bills 8, 7
Vikings 7, 21

Bears are playing a back up who has never started, he is hating having to play in DooMillerVille.

Broncos where well on their way to a 10-6 record if not 11-5 had not John Elway created two major hurdles in the path of the Broncos this season with Patriots and Chiefs.

John Elway just took a Chiefs team that was virtually irrelivant to the Broncos post season hopes with Tyler Palko who just threw 3 interceptions in his first start, and made them a force to be reckoned with.

Not just a team, but a division rival that was not even relavent to posing a big threat, and turning them into just that this season, by allowing Kyle Orton 6 weeks to get the Chiefs prepared to spoil the Broncos play-off birth with all the details in the world as to what makes this offense and defense tick.

As if they needed that edge, not to mention a much better QB after the close game just two weeks ago, where Tim Tebow threw the 50+ yard TD bomb to win it in the end.

Elway seems to never fail to miss an opportunity these days to sabotage the Broncos. Waiting till the play-offs where all but at hand, to cut your best back up QB, and send him to start for your division rival? Who is paying Elways salary, the opponents or the Broncos?

Betrayal

Keeping Orton around until the team is in position to make the play-offs then cut the best back up QB on the team? Coincidence?

Is it coinscidence that as soon as the Bear's lose their starting QB while in a 5 game winning streak. the formidable hurdle they posed to the Broncos schedule no longer intact, that Elway treasonously allowed Orton to be waived and sent to the Bear's to not only share intimate details about the scheme, but to replace a backup Bear QB who had never started NFL game in his life? Orton made it clear he wanted cut to go play for the bears. Just coincidence that Orton was cut at the most opportune time to do the most damage to the Broncos, as if starting him in place of tebow was not damage enough.

Betrayal

Brandon Lloyd being traded for less than we could have gotten from a compensatory pick, that is if we decided not to pay him and allow him to make ESPN highlight reels for the us rather than for Josh McDaniels Rams; is it just coincidence that Elway Traded Tebow's No.1 receiver just before Tebow makes his first start. You have to remember this is the receiver Tebow paid to fly out to practice with in Florida during the offseason.

Betrayal

Elway acted like a cancer in the locker room, when asked

“Any closer to feeling if you have your quarterback on this team?”

Elway flat out answered “no.”

What is the teams exec doing hammering the wedge of doubt into the locker room week in and week out.

Watching Elway write off the teams woeful 3rd down completion percentage at the feet of tebow, speaks volumes in regards to Elways cowardly scapegoating antics designed to do nothing more than make Tebow look poor, when in fact it is the manner in which Tebow is being developed that is indeed poor.

Betrayal

During the Jets game Tebow passed it 8 times on 3rd and long, yet he only got to pass it on first down just once while the team was not in a throw it from behind predictable passing frenzy.

Aaron Rodgers, in the first half alone 7 times the passes on first, and 9 times on first down in the first half of Sundays game as well. That is an 8 times average on first downs in two games, making John foxes passing scheme 8 times worst.

Elway knows there is more to 3rd down completion percentages than the QB, a scheme that is not predictable has a lot to do with it. That is what makes the Packers so phenomenal, you really don't know if they are going to pass it or throw it.

This is why John Elway is a scapegoating coward. John Fox has yet to implement what is considered a normal offense in the Modern era. His ultra-conservative play not to lose antics is what made him a losing coach before Tebow turned his career around to being winning coach.

Elway, tmaking all that ails our 3rd down conversion rate, Tebow's fault, while making John Fox out to be this be all end all offensive coach who is being held back by Tim Tebow is a total disgrace. How much more of a scapegoating coward can you get? As if prototypical Orton was playing lights out with Foxes Scheme.

All you have to do to realize how pathetic Foxes scheme truly is, is compare Ortons last seasons first 5 games to this season.

979 yards 8 TD's 7 Int's 1-5
2031 yards 8 TD's 3 Int's 2-5

Despite having Brandon Lloyd, Orton had less than half the yards, and half the wins. This is clearly an endictment to just how atrocious Foxes passing scheme is compared to that of a normal modern era passing scheme.

Betrayal

Hearing John Fox say "We can say its Tim's Fault, but we won't," speaks volumes in regards to scapegoating the tremendous effort Fox and Elway have striven towards in assuring Tebow emerge as a complete and utter failure in the passing game. Fact's speak for themselves.

that's how you troll fellas! first post. lots of targets... and boom goes the dynamite. :)

ps - there's even a theme, "betrayal".

http://popcornboxes.net/wp-content/uploads/popcorn-boxes.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm a self-admitted Tebow supporter, and my eyes are bleeding because of Broncbow.

AlphaSeirra
11-25-2011, 07:13 AM

^^ Freakin' EXACTLY This ^^ :welcome:

Right now today, who is the better 'TEAM' player, Elway/Fox or Tebow???

Even the ones that know the correct answer will probably refuse to answer it, or answer it correctly.... ;)

bowtown
11-25-2011, 07:19 AM
How come all Tebow fanatics don't appear to have jobs?

Jay3
11-25-2011, 07:25 AM

Because they have high-paying awesome jobs where they can sit at a computer and post on a message board? LOL

errand
11-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Well, simple enough. Don't watch if it's rebroadcast. Problem solved.

Interview will be shown in it's entirety sunday....all anyone has seen is the trailer....yy

McDman
11-25-2011, 07:51 AM
I see MacGruder has another name now. And he spelled Bunkley wrong just like he spelled Sierra wrong.

errand
11-25-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm a self-admitted Tebow supporter, and my eyes are bleeding because of Broncbow.

See what i mean...

Because Elway said something this clown Broncbozo didn't like we get 2 page spam posts

errand
11-25-2011, 07:55 AM
So they hinder him by not letting him throw only to hinder him even more by letting him throw?

errand
11-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Because they have high-paying awesome jobs where they can sit at a computer and post on a message board? LOL

It's the friday after thanksgiving....damn near everyone is off today

Gort
11-25-2011, 08:09 AM
So they hinder him by not letting him throw only to hinder him even more by letting him throw?

you've gone full retard.

just enjoy the winning streak.

;)

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2011, 08:10 AM
See what i mean...

Because Elway said something this clown Broncbozo didn't like we get 2 page spam posts

I see your Broncbow and raise you an EmpireOrange.

Gort
11-25-2011, 08:12 AM
I see your Broncbow and raise you an EmpireOrange.

...and you still have TGN, McDman, oubronco, and bendog in your stack!

Turd_Ferguson
11-25-2011, 08:15 AM

telemarketers....

DarkHorse
11-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Editing.

This

I love how a little editing fools the masses "oh my God, it's such a dramatic answer"

McDman

You put me on TGN's level because I am critical of Tebow? He has a full blown hate for him, I just don't think he is a great QB right now.

This is what I talk about when people freak out if you criticize the guy at all. Go back and read my posts. I've said multiple times I want him to succeed.

Oh well, keep overreacting.

Dr. Broncenstein

And Alec. Who BTW is either in rehab or missing.

bowtown
11-25-2011, 08:46 AM
And Alec. Who BTW is either in rehab or missing.

Or is busy crashing the server every 45 minutes.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Or is busy crashing the server every 45 minutes.

I thought that was the little guy with the name that rhymes with Karen.

bowtown
11-25-2011, 09:00 AM
I thought that was the little guy with the name that rhymes with Karen.

I wish that guy had a Facebook page we could all make fun of.

Broncbow
11-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Executive VP John Elway praised coach John Fox's role in Denver's 5-5 start on Monday. "He's got these guys playing for each other and playing as a unit and being accountable to each other," Elway said in an interview on KXDP FM. "That has been the greatest change since last year; we have the culture going in the right direction." CBS rapid reports...

No, Tebow is not the guy. But John Fox most certainly is? Fox is the greatest change, the same guy that went 1-4 without Tebow? Really? How much more of a polarizing position has Elway been in regarding Fox and Orton compared to Tebow? As if Fox is perfect.

Executive VP John Elway said on his weekly podcast that the move to part ways with QB Kyle Orton was best for both parties. "Even in the trying times this year and everything going on, he's handled it like a pro ... and he was a real asset to the Broncos." Elway called it a "tough situation" for Orton, going to the bench, but said "he'll have more options in the NFL and play somewhere else."

Best for both parties? How does having Orton playing for the division rival best for the Broncos? Handled it like a pro? Orton was a real asset?

FB Spencer Larsen said a key reason the Broncos didn't go sideways after a 1-4 start was the way the coaching staff reacted to the poor results. "They didn't make it miserable to come in here. It was just work as usual. Yeah, we had some tough breaks early but we stayed at it, kept working and it never became personal between players."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/DEN?paginate=25

Is it no wonder Fox had a losing career when Tebow took over the reigns? Losing was business as usual?

Broncoman13
11-25-2011, 09:24 AM

Good post Doc. Tebow is one of those unique guys that I will cheer for and respect where ever he goes. Like a Larry Fitzgerald or Adrian Peterson. But I don't think for one second that he will be Elway's starting QB in the future.

Elway will draft a QB, he will work with him and coach him, and everyone will wonder why he didn't do that with Tebow.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2011, 09:25 AM
No, Tebow is not the guy. But John Fox most certainly is? Fox is the greatest change, the same guy that went 1-4 without Tebow? Really? How much more of a polarizing position has Elway been in regarding Fox and Orton compared to Tebow? As if Fox is perfect.

Best for both parties? How does having Orton playing for the division rival best for the Broncos? Handled it like a pro? Orton was a real asset?

Is it no wonder Fox had a losing career when Tebow took over the reigns? Losing was business as usual?

If you could sum up your feelings on the matter with just one word, what would it be?

bowtown
11-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Duplicity?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Duplicity?

Shenanigans?

bowtown
11-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Witch-hunt?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Projecting.

Broncbow
11-25-2011, 09:32 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TWHOIowtzXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Broncenstein
11-25-2011, 09:34 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TWHOIowtzXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I lol'd. +1 for macgrabnemnon.

Broncoman13
11-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Another thing people need to realize... Right now the Broncos are winning by committing the least mistakes. A lot of that is on Tebow and his willingness to play conservatively until he cant... (4th Quarter). I think Fox enjoys this style of play. I think they will continue this as long as they are winning, and I can't fault them for that. But when we get to the point of elimination, I think you will see a little more passing in the game plan... This is the only reason (lack of opportunity) I could see Tebow getting another year. But I still think we will draft a QB next year either way.

epicSocialism4tw
11-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Good post Doc. Tebow is one of those unique guys that I will cheer for and respect where ever he goes. Like a Larry Fitzgerald or Adrian Peterson. But I don't think for one second that he will be Elway's starting QB in the future.

Elway will draft a QB, he will work with him and coach him, and everyone will wonder why he didn't do that with Tebow.

Tebow will have more success in the NFL.

If John believes that he can find someone more successful through the draft, he's gambling. Not only is he gambling, but he's going all in with whoever he drafts.

That quarterback will be held to the standard that Tebow is setting in terms of clutch play and winning. Thats a lot to ask of a young player.

Elway has an out with Tebow. If it doesnt work out, Elway can say that he tried to make the best of what he inherited. If Tebow works out, Elway is a genius.

However, if Elway lets Tebow go only to bring in the next Ryan Leaf (Elway was reported to want Blaine Gabbert last season...imagine that happening...if people think this PR situation is bad, just wait until Tebow is replaced by a bust), Elway will be done and will likely never work in NFL management in a decision-making position again.

TheReverend
11-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Epic, how does Tebow's dick taste?

Like communion wafers.

Kaylore
11-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Like communion wafers.

Small and dissolving in your mouth?

Agamemnon
11-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Like communion wafers.

Don't Southern Baptists use saltines?

DBroncos4life
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Small and dissolving in your mouth?

Best served with a cheap glass of wine :)

DarkHorse30
11-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Everybody's making mountains out of molehills.....the funny thing is "the tebowite" (how is that word defined, by the way?) is busy talking about the team......while the "anti-tebowite" (community organizer?) is busy attacking the "tebowite", while ignoring the arguement or the problem presented. Laughable. I guess when you don't really have an answer, just blame the question or the "type" of person (defined by you and your cohorts) that asked the question. Divide and conquer, and welcome to the DNC.

I don't worship at the feet of Elway, so I am fairly critical of his new role in the front office. He appears to be going out of his way to NOT support Tebow. Why? Is he stupid? Or is he just not very good with his Exec. VP MECHANICS....?

What if: your biggest jersey selling machine is winning games, but they aren't pretty? Big comebacks that are somewhat similar to a former QB that ALSO got his team into a bit of trouble (ints or 3 and outs) before he got his team out of it.

Now, what if: your QB decides to start raising a question about your response? Do you have any idea how easy it would be for Tebow to openly question Elway's vague remarks? Maybe say he is dissappointed......or that he wonders why a team with so much trouble finding a good QB to "replace" Elway, doesn't support the QBs....After Elway? and then list them off, because ALL of them have been trashed by the DBAE (Denver Broncos After Elway).

Maybe think about Tebow's good soldier responses so far, before judging him OR his supporters. He could bust this can of worms WIDE OPEN.

Broncbow
11-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Elway was reported to want Blaine Gabbert last season...imagine that happening...if people think this PR situation is bad, just wait until Tebow is replaced by a bust...

This can't be true...Hilarious!

dsmoot
11-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Everything except hitting a wide open player I can accept an excuse for. Some of his bad particularly passes from early on soiled everything because when we hear of his struggles, the first thing we envision are those plays where he was missing his man by 5+ yds.

Tebow has wet the bed on plenty of opportunities this year. Some issues may be playcalling, some aren't. Many of the issues he's currently having ARE issues of whether he can be a competent passer - not whether he can perform the responsibilities of a QB at the NFL level. He needs to figure out accuracy with the ball before 99% of the excuses even come into play.

Here is a link to real perspective on a young QB. This guy used to play in the orange and blue too. Somehow we forget. The real issue is what QB will come out on the otherside of the learning curve. Some make it, some don't. Please watch both Part 1 and Part 2. There are some very good comments made by Bob Griese. Notice the deer in the headlight look and the inaccurate throws, including the short ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENiQXQwG53M&feature=related

MacGruder
11-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Is Shannon Sharpe attacking Tebow because his boy Elway is taking flack for being your typical Tebow knee jerker?

Think about it.. Sharpe says TEBOW is being disingenuous.... when it is really Elway that has been disingenuous about Tebow. Elway's feelings about Tebow as a QB are probably much much stronger than he has let on. You don't throw a guy under the bus like they have if you have any belief in them. They have done nothing to develop him either. They have literally "bought a Ferrari and poured sugar in the tank".

Gort
11-26-2011, 09:16 AM
Is Shannon Sharpe attacking Tebow because his boy Elway is taking flack for being your typical Tebow knee jerker?

Think about it.. Sharpe says TEBOW is being disingenuous.... when it is really Elway that has been disingenuous about Tebow. Elway's feelings about Tebow as a QB are probably much much stronger than he has let on. You don't throw a guy under the bus like they have if you have any belief in them. They have done nothing to develop him either. They have literally "bought a Ferrari and poured sugar in the tank".

can anybody be more than 60%-70% certain what Shannon is saying from sentence to sentence anyway? i love the guy and how he played the game, but if aliens from space landed in his backyard and he was the first earthling they attempted to communicate with, they may well conclude that we earthlings haven't yet evolved to the point of having a recognizable spoken language.

MacGruder
11-26-2011, 10:21 AM
True.. but he seems especially hostile toward Tebow.. that could be for a number of reasons though. It just seems strange he is so hostile toward Tebow and turns a blind eye to the Broncos brass who have been completely inept.

troya900
11-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Here is a link to real perspective on a young QB. This guy used to play in the orange and blue too. Somehow we forget. The real issue is what QB will come out on the otherside of the learning curve. Some make it, some don't. Please watch both Part 1 and Part 2. There are some very good comments made by Bob Griese. Notice the deer in the headlight look and the inaccurate throws, including the short ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENiQXQwG53M&feature=related

OMG Elways gotta work on getting the ball out on time, he's taking needless sacks and some very, very inaccurate throws!! /wrist

cutthemdown
11-26-2011, 01:47 PM
wow always drama in Denver.

CEH
11-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Sharpe, Eddie mac, Stink, Big Al, Romo Is it just a coincendence that all these guys from Elway's Super Bowl team don't think Tebow is the future?

Blueflame
11-26-2011, 01:55 PM
that's how you troll fellas! first post. lots of targets... and boom goes the dynamite. :)

ps - there's even a theme, "betrayal".

http://popcornboxes.net/wp-content/uploads/popcorn-boxes.jpg

Because of its length, most OM'ers will scroll right on past that post, y'know. :giggle:

CEH
11-26-2011, 01:57 PM
This can't be true...Hilarious!

Elway also brought in Cam Newton. Also brought in Capernick . Elway was just trying to garner interest so he could recoup draft picks from the McD error .. era

Worked to me. SF traded up with us to draft Capernick

McDman
11-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Sharpe, Eddie mac, Stink, Big Al, Romo Is it just a coincendence that all these guys from Elway's Super Bowl team don't think Tebow is the future?

Stink has been pretty supportive of Tebow.

CEH
11-26-2011, 02:15 PM

Did Stink change his tune? Last I knew Stink says they will draft a QB next year in the first round.

Dagmar
11-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Stink has been honest, he likes Tebow, knows that he absolutely needs to get better but thinks Elway will draft a QB in the first. He doesn't say he agrees with the decision but he believes it to be an absolute definite.

McDman
11-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Did Stink change his tune? Last I knew Stink says they will draft a QB next year in the first round.

Just because he thinks they will draft a QB doesn't mean he dislikes him. He thinks he is a winner but has to get better. I guess to the majority of people on this board he'd be labelled a hater.

CEH
11-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Just because he thinks they will draft a QB doesn't mean he dislikes him. He thinks he is a winner but has to get better. I guess to the majority of people on this board he'd be labelled a hater.

Never said Stink dislikes Tebow. Read my post.Said all these former players think Elway will draft a QB next year ie.e Tebow is not the future. Is that a coincidence? I think not.

Personally I think Tim deserves an offseason and to be the starter in '12. All these talking heads I hope are wrong

Still 6 weeks to go. The more TIm wins, the less chance Elway can draft a QB. I'm just enjoying the ride right now.

Agamemnon
11-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I've gotten the impression that Stink doesn't really approve of the way the Broncos have handled Tebow, and that he personally likes the kid and would like him to get a genuine shot to develop. When he says the Broncos will draft a QB in the 1st, he's doing so in a less-than-approving way.

errand
11-26-2011, 03:37 PM
True.. but he seems especially hostile toward Tebow.. that could be for a number of reasons though. It just seems strange he is so hostile toward Tebow and turns a blind eye to the Broncos brass who have been completely inept.

...or maybe he is just giving his honest opinion on a young QB that he just doesn't think is that good.

errand
11-26-2011, 03:39 PM

Well, when you witness the best there ever was in real life, how could anyone else compare?

errand
11-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Yes, he has...in fact today he picked the Tebow led Broncos to beat SD

Smilin Assassin
11-26-2011, 03:47 PM

Sharpe seemed very supportive of Tebow on the CBS show last weekend. Sporting his jersey and agreeing he has that "it" factor.

CEH
11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Sharpe seemed very supportive of Tebow on the CBS show last weekend. Sporting his jersey and agreeing he has that "it" factor.

Actually Sharpe lost a bet. Sharpe was adamant that Denver would lose to the JETs on his weekly radio show here in town that if Denver won he'd wear the #15 jersey on the set. He may be softening a little as Tebow continues to win

errand
11-26-2011, 04:24 PM

You never pass up the opportunity to draft a potential franchise QB....

Jake helped us go to AFCCG, and i thought he was good enough to win a title if we fixed our defensive woes...but when Mike saw a potential franchise QB in Cutler on the board, I had no problem with him selecting Jay. Didn't mean I hated Jake...

The only problem it can create is if the incumbent responds negatively to the pressure of the "future" behind him on depth chart...and of course the fans are the biggest culprits of the incumbent feeling more pressure than he should have to.

Jake was coming off his best year and an AFCCG appearance and and we were 7-4, but alot of the fans booed every incompletion or bad play and placed the blame squarely on his shoulders demanding the rookie be inserted....Jake felt the pressure and that in my opinion caused a good portion of his uneven play despite it being his 4th year in Mike's system. He did not respond to that kind of pressure well, and he was traded and eventually retired.

The other problem is the draft is a crap shoot...people believed the kid was gonna be the franchise and he's definitely the most talented of all QB's we've had A.E., but he had his foibles too...and they came to light when mike was fired. But the firestorm that came between fans that thought Jay had his issues and those who thought he had very few if any was nothing like it is now.

Same thing with Orton this year...he too felt enormous pressure from the fans as well because they wanted Tebow, and evidently he didn't respond well, and played like crap...forcing throws, trying to make plays, and a normally low mistake QB began making many mistakes....and it cost him his job.

enter Tebow, who has had a major role in our sudden resurgence in the AFCW...but my God...to hear some of his hero-worshipping fans respond to even the smallest criticism of him is mind blowing...

errand
11-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Never said Stink dislikes Tebow. Read my post.Said all these former players think Elway will draft a QB next year ie.e Tebow is not the future. Is that a coincidence? I think not.

Yes, God forbid friends stay loyal to each other

Personally I think Tim deserves an offseason and to be the starter in '12. All these talking heads I hope are wrong

If he doesn't win another game this season and still has the same areas that need improving would you still say the same thing? You're like the guy that falls in love after a couple of great nights with a girl and starts talking marriage and children... And what if they're not wrong?

Still 6 weeks to go. The more TIm wins, the less chance Elway can draft a QB. I'm just enjoying the ride right now.

Most fans are enjoying the ride so far...winning generally cures everything, and if the kid keeps winning or even just makes great strides in my opinion then he's earned the starter's gig heading into 2012...however if a potential franchise QB like Luck is available when we draft, I think elway will pull the trigger and select him.

in bold

CEH
11-26-2011, 04:51 PM

Yes, God forbid friends stay loyal to each other

If he doesn't win another game this season and still has the same areas that need improving would you still say the same thing? You're like the guy that falls in love after a couple of great nights with a girl and starts talking marriage and children... And what if they're not wrong?

Most fans are enjoying the ride so far...winning generally cures everything, and if the kid keeps winning or even just makes great strides in my opinion then he's earned the starter's gig heading into 2012...however if a potential franchise QB like Luck is available when we draft, I think elway will pull the trigger and select him.

in bold

I am not like anyone you know and no you will never forget more than I will ever know. Luck will not be available when we draft because we will not draft #1. What an idiotic statement. Doesn't make any sense at all and is unrealistic to even talk about Luck. Name me one potential franchise QB
(like Luck) that will be available where we are currently drafting at #17. This is why I say improve the areas and work with Tebow. Funny how in the other post you talk about Orton and Plummer collapsing under pressure. If one thing Tim has shown is he is clutch under pressure. Tim is ass backwards and needs the work and reps. He has shown to be clutch in pressure situations.

frerottenextelway
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Heart, desire, clutch, raw athleticism, those are the things you can't teach. Tebow has all of those. What he doesn't have are the things you can teach, and it's up to our staff to teach him.

TNF
11-26-2011, 06:43 PM
Heart, desire, clutch, raw athleticism, those are the things you can't teach. Tebow has all of those. What he doesn't have are the things you can teach, and it's up to our staff to teach him.

Agreed. Tebow is a special player with flaws. Work with him. Support him. The sky's the limit.

McDman
11-26-2011, 08:25 PM

It'd be nice if we had a legit QB coach.

Dagmar
11-27-2011, 05:46 AM
If someone wants to give this a watch, I'll be putting up my holiday lights.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/26/shannon-sharpe-grills-tebow-on-support-from-franchise/
After Thursday’s game between the Dolphins and Cowboys, CBS teased the latest network sit-down interview with the man to whom — and about whom — everyone wants to talk.
Tim Tebow (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5096/tim-tebow).
This one should be good, based on the snippet that aired. At one point, Shannon Sharpe asks Tebow whether he has the 100-percent support of the organization. Tebow evades the question, explaining that he’s blessed to be the quarterback of the team, or something like that.
But Sharpe doesn’t let him off the hook (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWmQbk5h86w). Instead, Sharpe insists that Tebow focus on the specific question of whether he believes he has the full support of coach John Fox and V.P. of football operations John Elway.
Of course, that’s where they cut it off. To see the rest, we have to tune in tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. ET.
And if you come to PFT at 1:00 p.m. ET, we’ll let you know what he says. (That’s not really a tease, since I currently have no idea what Tebow will say.)

CEH
11-27-2011, 05:56 AM
It'd be nice if we had a legit QB coach.

I heard Ben McDaniels is available between 3rd and 4th period.

errand
11-27-2011, 07:51 AM
I am not like anyone you know and no you will never forget more than I will ever know. Luck will not be available when we draft because we will not draft #1. What an idiotic statement. Doesn't make any sense at all and is unrealistic to even talk about Luck. Name me one potential franchise QB
(like Luck) that will be available where we are currently drafting at #17. This is why I say improve the areas and work with Tebow. Funny how in the other post you talk about Orton and Plummer collapsing under pressure. If one thing Tim has shown is he is clutch under pressure. Tim is ass backwards and needs the work and reps. He has shown to be clutch in pressure situations.

Players rise and fall in the draft every year..... why just look at the 2006 draft, the only 2 quarterbacks that were being talked about were vince young and matt leinart.... however in the weeks prior to the draft jay cutler skyrocketed up a lot of team's draft boards.

And also, players drop during drafts... you look at somebody like warren sapp, dan marino, so just say that a franchise type player would not definitely be available when we pick is actually pretty ******* stupid

Oh and I said a potential franchise quarterback like Luck... I did not say luck... you have no idea how their personal interviews will go or how one front office might make a trade or 2 or how they will look at the combine. Which means you're just basically talking out your ass.

CEH
11-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Players rise and fall in the draft every year..... why aren't you the 2006 draft, the only 2 quarterbacks that were being talked about were vince young and matt leinart.... however in the weeks prior to the draft jay cutler skyrocketed up a lot of team's draft boards.

And also, players drop during drafts... you look at somebody like warren sapp, dan marino, so just say that a franchise type player would not definitely be available when we pick is actually pretty ******* stupid

Oh and I said a potential franchise quarterback like Luck... I did not say luck... you have no idea how their personal interviews will go or how one front office might make a trade or 2 or how they will look at the combine. Which means you're just basically talking out your ass.

Maybe Denver can select the next Tom Brady in the 6th round. That's possible as well correct? Maybe Denver can select the next "Peyton Manning " like QB at#17. That's possible as well. Anything is possible.
You can use this generalization every year yet year in and year out I don't see the next Peyton Manning drafted at #17

Once every 10 years you get a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino. You can't throw out the term potential franchise QB " like Luck" without examples. There is Luck and everyone else. Everyone else is a big crap shoot compared to Luck. Odds are no one will be that franchise QB expect possible Luck

As far as Cutler goes. The uniformed might have thought he sky rocketed. The SEC player of the year skyrocketing up the board OK. In the draft contest over at KFFL in 2006, I had Denver trading up with STL and selecting Cutler . Nailed it to perfection. So no Jay Cutler did not sky rocket up the boards. . Denver had him in their sights for a while just needed to pay attention to the signs.

Rolandftw
11-27-2011, 09:46 AM
After watching the interview, it's obvious this thread was complete overreaction. As usual.

vonqkilla
11-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Tim has a great future in politics, ducking questions like a pro.

All that fing matters is Ws.

The criticism of his passing is getting ridiculous, he looks horrible a lot, but it isnt as bad as the rhetoric.

The truth does lay in the middle in this case.

cabronco
11-27-2011, 09:51 AM
After watching the interview, it's obvious this thread was complete overreaction. As usual.

Agree a whole lot about nothing.

elsid13
11-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Though the crew after the segment really gave their opinions on about tebow.

Shananahan
11-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I can't find a link to video of this anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Ding ding ding

El Guapo
11-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Yup, another interview w canned responses. Oh well, go Broncos!

CEH
11-27-2011, 10:02 AM
Seems like a microcosim of any Tebow thread

Tebow said he was blessed and thankfully for the opportunity to play QB and plays to win not pass, Fox was non commital about Tim's future, Champ said the defense likes the fact its put on their shoulders to win games. The HOF QB minics Elway about 3rd downs, the other QB thinks Tebow is a RB playing QB, the coach says this offense won't work and Sharpe is still a non believer

Wes Mantooth
11-27-2011, 10:16 AM

So I still didn't see it, but was I right?

Dagmar
11-27-2011, 10:16 AM

:thanku:

Of course it was, you silly bastard.

errand
11-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Maybe Denver can select the next Tom Brady in the 6th round. That's possible as well correct?

Yes, it is possible...you can find a very good to great QB in many ways...Unitas was a waiver wire pick-up, Len Dawson was cut prior to landing in KC...anything IS possible

Maybe Denver can select the next "Peyton Manning " like QB at#17. That's possible as well. Anything is possible.
You can use this generalization every year yet year in and year out I don't see the next Peyton Manning drafted at #17

Sure but then again you don't have to have the next "Peyton Manning" to win a SB, now do you? Aaron Rodgers was selected 24th if i recall, Marino was like 27th, Tom Brady in 6th round, Kurt Warner came out of Arena Football League, Drew Brees was a undersized, spread offense 2nd rounder.

Once every 10 years you get a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino. You can't throw out the term potential franchise QB " like Luck" without examples. There is Luck and everyone else. Everyone else is a big crap shoot compared to Luck. Odds are no one will be that franchise QB expect possible Luck

the entire draft is a crap shoot...regardless is your Andrew Luck or Joe Outtaluck

As far as Cutler goes. The uniformed might have thought he sky rocketed. The SEC player of the year skyrocketing up the board OK. In the draft contest over at KFFL in 2006, I had Denver trading up with STL and selecting Cutler . Nailed it to perfection. So no Jay Cutler did not sky rocket up the boards. . Denver had him in their sights for a while just needed to pay attention to the signs.

Glad you nailed it on the head...good for you. now go get you a gold star...

All throughout the 2005 NCAA season all anyone heard about was Leinart and Young....Cutler despite winning SEC player of the year wasn't as highly regarded by most NFL teams even though having better skills. Clay Matthews wasn't even the top LB coming out of USC a few seasons ago...that belonged to Rey and Brian Cushing....

It was only after watching game film, seeing the at private and open workouts and personal interviews with the players, coaches or underclassmen declare, etc. does a player rise or fall. Mark Sanchez took advantage of a weak senior class a few years ago and was selected 5th overall. Again, Jay was the 3rd QB selected that year...do you think he was the 3rd best QB coming out that season now? I think he has clearly proven to have been the best QB outta his draft class...

in bold

MrPeepers
11-27-2011, 08:55 PM
did this interview ever air?

Dagmar
11-27-2011, 09:00 PM

Nope, CBS is keeping it in the vault and will release it word by word on a monthly basis over the next 60 years.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2011, 09:02 PM

Didn't watch the pre-game I take it

lostknight
11-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Here is the interview:

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33524474

As I suspected, it was mostly editing tricks to get more of a reaction from the crowd. Tebow handled it like a pro.

Why do we keep letting these network hacks put divisions into Broncos fans again?