PDA

View Full Version : Annoying NFL analysts and color guys

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 03:10 AM
Who are some of your "favorite" annoying NFL analysts, commentators, and color guys, and why?

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 03:17 AM
Can't stand Merrill Hoge. Someone needs to tell that a$$clown he wasn't more than an average player. Dude had one concussion too many.

And Deion Sanders has me diving for the remote when he starts his VERY annoying shuck-n-jive routine. When he opens his piehole, he totally takes over the segment.

And don't forget Paul "I'll Tell You What" McGuire.

campocorto
11-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter, Tony Dungy, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Brian Billick, Todd Christensen, Dan Fouts

TDmvp
11-24-2011, 03:48 AM
It's about to the point where it's hard for me to name sports talking heads I actually do like...99% of them annoy the hell out of me.

There's a couple of the old guard left that still do games from the booth I like and I like Shannon Sharpe just because of his life story and he's one of ours. Besides those I can't think of many of the butt load of talking heads I do like... Dan Patrick's show is about all I watch at this point cause espn sucks pants brisket. (Pants Brisket is the OM insult of the day on my OM insult of the day calendar):spit:

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 04:00 AM
Keyshawn Johnson, Cris Carter, Tony Dungy, Tedy Bruschi, Rodney Harrison, Brian Billick, Todd Christensen, Dan Fouts

I also hate Cross. For some reason, he's always been a Bronco Hater. Dude has HUGE teeth and a **** eatin' grin. Fouts is OK for me.

John Clayton is annoying with his constant use of "Let's put it this way..." He says this at least once every 30 seconds.

Jay3
11-24-2011, 04:09 AM
It's about to the point where it's hard for me to name sports talking heads I actually do like...99% of them annoy the hell out of me.

That's what I was going to say. Most of them annoy me.

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 04:13 AM
That's what I was going to say. Most of them annoy me.

But you must hate some more than others.

TDmvp
11-24-2011, 04:25 AM
But you must hate some more than others.
These two come to mind...
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6933/450x364algmerrillhoge.jpghttp://www.totalpackers.com/images/cowherd.jpg

And I also hate Gruden and Collinsworth.

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 04:39 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jIy8RhLIrqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncosSR
11-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Why do you have to be racist?

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Here's Sanders at his worst. I can't even make it past the 2 minute mark.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xJhhfU4Skfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Why do you have to be racist?

I said "color guys" not "colored guys". ;-)

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 05:06 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K4UtiIAvXDU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

backup qb
11-24-2011, 05:07 AM
I hate Fouts, Christensen, Daryll Johnston, Randy Cross, Hoge, Meshawn, Dukes, Deon, and I'm sure there are more. I like Solomon Wilcots, though he is too positive about everything, Bob Pappa, Collinsworth, Aikman& Buck,

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Aikman is good.

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 05:31 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cFs6RctdqZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunk Monkey
11-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Tony Kornheiser, he is the closest I have ever come to watching a game in silence.

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 05:51 AM
This one is just funny, not annoying.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nLqGDuLnVUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MileHighMagic
11-24-2011, 06:18 AM
Jamie Dukes is the worst but Keyshawn is a close second.

Chris
11-24-2011, 07:19 AM
Bob Costas (seriously this guy is useless and he probably cracks it to his reflection)
Jamie Dukes
Anyone that was a Patriot
John Clayton (that clips is amazeballs - he he head up he he he headgate...baby...smile)
Merril Hoge
Sean Salisbury

bowtown
11-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Anyone who's ever said the name "Tebow" without following it up with "is the greatest qb in the history of the universe."

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Here's Cross saying he would punt on 4th and long, down by 1, with 1 timeout left and a minute and twenty seconds on the clock. "I'd leave it up to my defense."

:facepalm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TQtuRruiaOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
11-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Jhns
McGoober
Alpha Sierra

BroncosSR
11-24-2011, 08:59 AM
I said "color guys" not "colored guys". ;-)

Hilarious!

HAT
11-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Jhns
McGoober
Alpha Sierra

:thumbs:

gunns
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Who are some of your "favorite" annoying NFL analysts, commentators, and color guys, and why?

Not all current
MacGruder, Michael Irvin, Alpha Sierra, Joe Theismann, Agamemnon, John Madden, Joe Buck, Epic, Keyshawn, Chris Berman has becoming very annoying, Phil Collins, Boomer Esiason, Armchair Bronco

barryr
11-24-2011, 09:46 AM

Oh man, he was the worst by far. Randy Cross reminds me of him.

HAT
11-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Second page and not one mention of Dan Dierdorf?

I'm disappointed in y'all.

broncos-rock
11-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Second page and not one mention of Dan Dierdorf?

I'm disappointed in y'all.

I like him.....he's definitely an old school guy.

Jim Nance is good as well!

Gort
11-24-2011, 10:24 AM
they are all annoying because they won't shut up. they all think dead air is a mortal sin and so they all run their pieholes for 3+ hours every game trying to prevent there from being even a nanosecond of silence.

my preference would be for a color analyst who only talks when there is something worthwhile to say. sadly, TV execs don't want that. they want opinionated blowhards who won't shut up even when they are clueless. see Randy Cross and any former 49er for example.

sinuous sausage
11-24-2011, 10:34 AM
If they could somehow cajole Gary Danielson into leaving his SEC on CBS gig for the NFL, I would do cartwheels. Listening to the gay speak football is like listening to poetry.

Gort
11-24-2011, 10:36 AM
If they could somehow cajole Gary Danielson into leaving his SEC on CBS gig for the NFL, I would do cartwheels. Listening to the gay speak football is like listening to poetry.

what is that? ???

is it something like this...

"look at Tebow run the ball. he looks fabulous... and that jersey is to die for."

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 11:55 AM
I like Dennis Miller, but his shtick did *NOT* translate to Monday Night Football. I thought he'd be smart enought to tone down his obtuse historical references, but if anything he ratcheted them up a notch.

I liked Rush on MNF, but the libtards made sure he got fired at the first opportunity. (By the way: where are all the McNabb supporters now?)

TDmvp
11-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I like Dennis Miller, but his shtick did *NOT* translate to Monday Night Football.

I liked Rush on MNF, but the libtards made sure he got fired at the first opportunity. (By the way: where are all the McNabb supporters now?)

McNabb was a above average qb at one point. Rush is a douche and I say that as a right winger...

Every time I hear Rush talks I image the judge from Pink Floyd the Wall because that's what Rush reminds me of.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IcZ7mtLIgSk/TZYMlNTmJEI/AAAAAAAAAFY/qbKng0Zzmmo/s1600/PFS1Judge.jpg

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 02:07 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jhETfAnnUr4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

backup qb
11-24-2011, 04:21 PM
Add Phil Simms to the annoying and hated list along witb Esiason.

Rother8
11-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Joe Buck yourself!

KipCorrington25
11-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm not racist some of my best friends are color guys.

ward63
11-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Cross, Simms and Berman are my "Top" 3

Archer81
11-24-2011, 09:23 PM
With the exception of Tom Jackson, everyone on Countdown. "CeeCee" "Key" "Coach"...the come on, mans are lame as **** as well. Lame show is lame.

Randy Cross, Rich Gannon (Ath a letic...), Ron Jaworski (watch any game he is commenting on with Brady or Rodgers playing...you can almost hear a bottle of lube being opened), Bob Costas. Now granted, Costas does not do color commentary...but he is a pint sized douche with overly done monologues.

:Broncos:

bowtown
11-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Not all current
MacGruder, Michael Irvin, Alpha Sierra, Joe Theismann, Agamemnon, John Madden, Joe Buck, Epic, Keyshawn, Chris Berman has becoming very annoying, Phil Collins, Boomer Esiason, Armchair Bronco

I'd replace Madden with Maguire. Other than that your list is about perfect.

Mogulseeker
11-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Here's Sanders at his worst. I can't even make it past the 2 minute mark.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xJhhfU4Skfk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You'd think he could afford a suit that fits him.

Kaylore
11-25-2011, 10:26 AM
There's very few that make me as upset as most of the Mane seems to get with really all of them. I do take issue with a few:

Randy Cross is so freaking annoying. Half the time he doesn't even understand what's happening. He seems to rip on the Broncos every time he calls one of our games.

Joe Theisman is unbearable. He just won't shut up about every little thing.

Some do things that get on my nerves but are otherwise tolerable. I don't mid Gannon except when he uses the word "Athalete" with the extra non-existent syllable. People who add syllables to words are a pet peeve of mine. See also: Nucular, Realator, Jewlary.

I hate how Simms will patronize a clearly inferior team and how he refuses to get excited about anything. I swear this guy would have the same generic stare if he won the lottery. "You've just won ten million dollars, Phil! How do you feel." Deadpan "I bought a ticket, it had the right numbers, it feels good to have that mean something."

Jaws is a caricature of himself. He does this weird grunting thing when he gets excited that seems forced and played out.

I am totally convinced Troy Aikman and Joe Buck are secretly in love with each other.

My favorites are Gus Johnson, Brad Nessler, Brent Musburger and Marv Albert. The rest I'm kind of luke warm on.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2011, 10:52 AM
I pretty much just watch the game and don't keep track of how annoying someone is becoming. Maybe it is because I watch most of the Broncos' games at a sports bar and there is back ground noise.

Bronco Vixen
11-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Randy Cross is so freaking annoying. Half the time he doesn't even understand what's happening. He seems to rip on the Broncos every time he calls one of our games. check It's like he's not even trying anymore.

Joe Theisman is unbearable.check as is Christensen, on whom I would not piss if he were engulfed in flames.

I hate how Simms will patronize EVERYONE and how he refuses to get excited about anything.
check

I am totally convinced Troy Aikman and Joe Buck are secretly in love with each other.
I have been expounding this theory for years!

My favorites are Gus Johnson
Love him

Brad Nessler, Brent Musburger
both very strong

and Marv Albert.
PANTIES!!!! Great announcer, as long as he's wearing a mouth guard
http://0.tqn.com/d/crime/1/0/J/S/albert_m.jpg

Unlistenables:
Just about anyone from ESPN with Berman, Booya, Matt Millen and that garden gnome Lou Holtz topping the list.

Baseball: McCarver & Joe "the great perseverator" Morgan

College Basketball: Vitale

Boxing: Larry "dementia" Merchant

Favorites:
Will always have a soft spot for Al Michaels

Rich Eisen (wonderfully self-deprecating: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e8d293/Rich-Eisen-s-40-yard-dash )
Plus, who else could so effortlessly throw in a Wire reference during yesterday's game?

The TNT NBA crew. Somehow their shtick just does not get old to me.

razorwire77
11-25-2011, 11:41 AM
You guys have touched on most of major ones. Chris Berman's hack act is incredibly stale and old. Todd Christensen was horrible. Joe Buck has this sort of moralistic fake offended, fake PC shtick that makes me want to barf. Deion Sanders is about as accurate with correct usage of 3 and 4 syllable words as Timmy is throwing from the pocket.

Honestly, most of the guys I like do college games. Joe Tessitore is excellent and Andre Ware is surprisingly good.

Turd_Ferguson
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Phil Simms is just unbearable, he is a smug arrogant a hole. If you listen to him talk, you would think he won 10 super bowls and 9 mvps. I hate him.

Dierdorf, and Cross are both incredibly lame.

Joe Buck is a sniveling little weasel but his voice is perfect for calling games.

Bryant Gumble was by far the worst announcer in the history of the game.

Stewart Scott is a lazy eyed freak whose schtick ran out a long time ago, similar to Berman.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Phil Simms is just unbearable, he is a smug arrogant a hole. If you listen to him talk, you would think he won 10 super bowls and 9 mvps. I hate him.

Dierdorf, and Cross are both incredibly lame.

Joe Buck is a sniveling little weasel but his voice is perfect for calling games.

Bryant Gumble was by far the worst announcer in the history of the game.

Stewart Scott is a lazy eyed freak whose schtick ran out a long time ago, similar to Berman.

Wasn't it Greg Gumbel who did the first season of the NFL Network's Thursday Night games? I remember the Broncos being on one of their broadcasts and the two guys didnt know if the ball was placed as a first down or not and Gumbel didnt know the player's names. Surprsingly he isn't on their broadcast team anymore.

Armchair Bronco
11-25-2011, 01:35 PM
Another classic summary from The Young Turks:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xtQG6z-TNv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
11-25-2011, 01:46 PM
:~ohyah!: "Garden Gnome..."

Turd_Ferguson
11-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Wasn't it Greg Gumbel who did the first season of the NFL Network's Thursday Night games? I remember the Broncos being on one of their broadcasts and the two guys didnt know if the ball was placed as a first down or not and Gumbel didnt know the player's names. Surprsingly he isn't on their broadcast team anymore.

No it was his brother Bryant, he was trying to make the switch from the Today show to the NFL, but was held back by his complete lack of knowledge about the sport and those who play it.

Archer81
11-25-2011, 02:00 PM
No it was his brother Bryant, he was trying to make the switch from the Today show to the NFL, but was held back by his complete lack of knowledge about the sport and those who play it.

Or the ability to keep up with the plays as they happened.

Kaylore
11-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Or the ability to keep up with the plays as they happened.

Man, that was bad. He would inevitably give up and start doing an interview with the color analyst.