PDA

View Full Version : Diehard Chargers Fans (Over 3,000 Tickets Unsold)

DomCasual
11-23-2011, 05:08 PM
They REALLY want to keep their team down there in San Diego!

What a pathetic excuse for a fan base.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/nov/22/no-sellout-yet-bolts-broncos/

The Chargers announced that approximately 3,400 tickets must be sold to lift the blackout in Southern California for Sunday's home game against the Denver Broncos.

broncocalijohn
11-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Best part is they are honoring junior Seau during the game. Stay classy san diego. I just got some cash to see the game and expectb to pay 15% less of face value. Any other maners going besides Cliff and Miles group?

Tim
11-23-2011, 05:49 PM
How long until that lousy franchise moves 120 miles up the coast?

Popps
11-23-2011, 05:52 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoKAcVL_phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

campocorto
11-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Qualcomm is now a bottom-five NFL facility, but the Chargers don't price their tickets accordingly.

For what the team charges, I just don't think the value is there. A lot of the seats in the stadium don't have good sight lines or vantage points.

And the last tickets that never get sold are always the Bob Uecker seats in the east end zone. I can't blame people for staying home and finding an illegal online stream over shelling out $60-70 for that garbage.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I forget, is LA blacked out if SD screws this up for us?

broncocalijohn
11-23-2011, 06:52 PM

I think it is because we have been affected on the 24 hour extension they have given to those bandwagon fans. Few weeks back we had to wait to see who we watch depending on those dip****s.

Armchair Bronco
11-23-2011, 06:52 PM

I don't think so. LA is not the "Primary Market" for San Diego.

You can read all the gory details here:

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

EDIT: Actually, I may be wrong. It could be that LA is the "Secondary Market" for SD, and secondary markets are blacked out if the game fails to sell out.

Navy Broncos Fan
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Long time Broncos fan, first time posting.

Lived in San Diego for almost 10 years now as a member of the Navy, the fans are terrible. But due to getting ready for an 8 month deployment I am treating myself and the family to the game this weekend. It is my first game ever attending.

GO BRONCOS!

broncocalijohn
11-23-2011, 09:53 PM

Lived in San Diego for almost 10 years now as a member of the Navy, the fans are terrible. But due to getting ready for an 8 month deployment I am treating myself and the family to the game this weekend. It is my first game ever attending.

GO BRONCOS!

PM Miles if you want to tailgate with some Maners and Broncos fans. He is currently hanging out in the tailgate section for Minnesota game. If I get tickets, I will PM you too.

TailgateNut
11-23-2011, 10:03 PM

GO BRONCOS!

Awesome. Enjoy the game.

ZONA
11-23-2011, 11:08 PM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/211090/51796_Blackout_Policy_Football.jpg

oubronco
11-24-2011, 07:47 AM
**** i'm stuck having to watch NE and Philly

Navy Broncos Fan
11-24-2011, 10:39 AM
**** i'm stuck having to watch NE and Philly

Use the computer and watch it on FirstRowSports. I have to do it nearly every week living in San Diego.

Gort
11-24-2011, 10:44 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/photo_images/211090/51796_Blackout_Policy_Football.jpg

as much as i enjoy mocking Sandy Eggo and the Sparklers, i will always be thankful for their cheerleader recruitment program, which has given the world... drumroll please... the incomparable Charisma Carpenter!

http://www.fullissue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/charisma-carpenter.jpg

:thumbs:

HILife
11-24-2011, 10:46 AM
They really need to move that team. they do not deserve a football team.

HAT
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM

Yes. It shouldn't be but it is.

Pendejo
11-24-2011, 01:56 PM

GO BRONCOS!

Do yourself a favor and take the trolley.

Navy Broncos Fan
11-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Trolley isn't really an option for me unless I want to drive quite a ways away to pickup the trolley. I actually live in Murphy Canyon so the stadium is only 1 exit away.

Agamemnon
11-24-2011, 05:34 PM
as much as i enjoy mocking Sandy Eggo and the Sparklers, i will always be thankful for their cheerleader recruitment program, which has given the world... drumroll please... the incomparable Charisma Carpenter!

http://www.fullissue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/charisma-carpenter.jpg

:thumbs:

Err...is it just me or is that woman 90% eyes and mouth?

Gort
11-24-2011, 05:45 PM

it's just you.

she's also got huuuuuge tracts of land!

http://www.vermontpokerleague.com/images/tractsofland.jpg

Popps
11-24-2011, 08:38 PM

http://xcomputerman.com/files/dada_sharpknees.jpg

Gort
11-25-2011, 08:45 AM
the Sandy Eggo Sparklers blackout has been lifted, but it's going to be a vortex of Sparkles and glitter there on Sunday.

not only do you have Rivers on hand, but Seau is being inducted in the Sparkle-of-Fame that day, and Dan Fouts will be on hand as well. all they need now is Lance Allworth to show up and the entire productive history of that franchise will be on hand.

yuk.

ludo21
11-25-2011, 08:55 AM
This is the first game ALL SEASON taht Denver is on here locally!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

As for the Chargers, ha ha!

Pendejo
11-25-2011, 11:29 AM

They're all at least 90% mouth.

Navy Broncos Fan
11-27-2011, 08:52 PM
What an awesome first game to go to. My throat is so sore from cheering/screaming.

Great Broncos fan up in the V2 area :)

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 08:46 AM
What an awesome first game to go to. My throat is so sore from cheering/screaming.

Great Broncos fan up in the V2 area :)

Yeah, great Broncos crowd. Soooo many behind the bench. There are always a ton back there even though many seats are partly obstructed. Crowd was great for the visiting team. How stupid was the Chargers' fans? When Tebow ran for 12 yards in the final drive but got his bell rung on the hit of him out of bounds, many Chargers' fans were screaming and hi fiving because of the monster hit but dumbasses didn't realize he just ran for a first down and got us that much closer for the field goal.

BTW, you are 1 and 0 and hopefully this experience has you coming back for more. I believe this was my 19th year in a row at Jack Murphy/Qualcomm.

Peoples Champ
11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
im surprised the tebow fans didnt buy them and drive from florida

Peoples Champ
11-28-2011, 09:20 AM
where are all those charger fans that used to be on here posting that Rivers is up there with the top 5 Qbs in the league?

Gort
11-28-2011, 09:31 AM
where are all those charger fans that used to be on here posting that Rivers is up there with the top 5 Qbs in the league?

BoltJoke was trolling on here last night. check out the thread on officiating. he insists that he wasn't trolling, although every 3rd or 4th post was an insult aimed at Tebow. oh, and his favorite assertion of the night was that EVERY GM in the league would pick his QB over ours. what a dip**** that guy is.

Peoples Champ
11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
BoltJoke was trolling on here last night. check out the thread on officiating. he insists that he wasn't trolling, although every 3rd or 4th post was an insult aimed at Tebow. oh, and his favorite assertion of the night was that EVERY GM in the league would pick his QB over ours. what a dip**** that guy is.

Ya even when we lost to them at the beginning of the season, the score was 15-6 dever when Tebow was in the game.

boltaneer
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
The losing record is, I don't want to say "fine" but it's not the main issue (I've been through plenty of losing seasons before the Marty years) but Norv has sucked all the fun out of rooting for this team.

I sure as hell am not going to shell out loads of money for tickets as long as he remains in charge. That's my private boycott and I'm glad a number of Charger fans are doing the same.

Norv's a dead man walking. Good riddance.

As for Rivers, he should be fine next year with some fresh and creative play calling and a healthier o-line.

Broncos4me
11-28-2011, 04:57 PM
They're all at least 90% mouth.

Hey, it's all in how you use that. It's not always a bad thing. ;D

DomCasual
11-28-2011, 05:07 PM
The losing record is, I don't want to say "fine" but it's not the main issue (I've been through plenty of losing seasons before the Marty years) but Norv has sucked all the fun out of rooting for this team.

I sure as hell am not going to shell out loads of money for tickets as long as he remains in charge. That's my private boycott and I'm glad a number of Charger fans are doing the same.

As for Rivers, he should be fine next year with some fresh and creative play calling and a healthier o-line.

No offense, man, but it isn't like your fans stopped coming out because of Norv. For years, Broncos games in San Diego were like home games. Chargers fans have a history of being fair weathered, at best.

The team should move to Los Angeles, and get it over with.

HAT
11-28-2011, 05:25 PM
No offense, man, but it isn't like your fans stopped coming out because of Norv. For years, Broncos games in San Diego were like home games. Chargers fans have a history of being fair weathered, at best.

People outside of SoCal will never grasp that there's just far to much to do here for every game to sellout every year. I don't care if we are talking about the Lakers, Angels, Dodgers, Chargers or whatever.

"Fair weathered fan" works the opposite out here bro. It was damn near 80 in Socal yesterday....In November....After Thanksgiving. Beautiful day for a football game IMO but also for many other things. I live in OC and not SD but I imagine the beaches/harbors/waterfront areas were just about the best places to be down there yesterday just as they were up here.

I go to more Angels games than anything and crack up when Sox/Yankee fan talks city smack about how Cali fans don't have the same passion....Yeah so?

Sporting events are social events & we're way more laid back by nature. Doesn't mean I'm not devouring every piece of Angels news I can get my hands on.

I imagine it's the same way for Charger fan.

We'll go when we feel like it & that's the way we like it.

Gort
11-28-2011, 05:28 PM
People outside of SoCal will never grasp that there's just far to much to do here for every game to sellout every year. I don't care if we are talking about the Lakers, Angels, Dodgers, Chargers or whatever.

"Fair weathered fan" works the opposite out here bro. It was damn near 80 in Socal yesterday....In November....After Thanksgiving. Beautiful day for a football game IMO but also for many other things. I live in OC and not SD but I imagine the beaches/harbors/waterfront areas were just about the best places to be down there yesterday just as they were up here.

I go to more Angels games than anything and crack up when Sox/Yankee fan talks city smack about how Cali fans don't have the same passion....Yeah so?

Sporting events are social events & we're way more laid back by nature. Doesn't mean I'm not devouring every piece of Angels news I can get my hands on.

i don't think your argument works. it's not like Qualcomm seats 1 million fans. it's something like 50K fans. are there not many multiples of 50K fans at home in Sandy Eggo watching the game on TV? these people are not watching from home instead of the stadium for the reason you stated. they are staying home for other reasons. high ticket prices. too much traffic. not wanting to deal with drunk idiots at the game. but they aren't staying home doing something else because the weather is nice.

DomCasual
11-28-2011, 05:53 PM

And that is fine. It's the choice they make. But then again, it makes it so that they can't really whine when the team gets moved to another city.

boltaneer
11-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Eh.

Red Zone. NFL Ticket. Fantasy Football. Sports bars.

There are tons of things for football fans to do and not spend a fortune and the entire day at the stadium. I was able to watch the games and spend time with the family this week.

Don't get me wrong, I love going to the games but there are so many great alternatives now to get the most bang for your buck and for your time.

As for the the team leaving, don't be so obtuse. The issue is not with attendance. The issue is the economy in the state of California. Why in the world are all the stadiums in California the oldest in the NFL?

Right now, the only feasible stadium plan in California is LA and of course I don't want them to leave but if that's the only way to get a new stadium, that's a no-brainer choice for a smart businessman. But if you've been following the LA stadium issue, the deal they're offering teams to move there doesn't sound very attractive.

I actually think the Chargers have great leverage both against SD and LA. They can keep waiting it out and the longer it drags on, the more desperate AEG will get. And the Chargers can leave any time they choose here so there's no rush on their part to do anything IMO.

Navy Broncos Fan
11-28-2011, 09:28 PM
To hard for homegrown fans to get behind over priced tickets for an old stadium and an owner who threatens to move the team very year it seems like.

broncocalijohn
11-28-2011, 09:34 PM
To hard for homegrown fans to get behind over priced tickets for an old stadium and an owner who threatens to move the team very year it seems like.

Yes, we noticed they bumped the price of parking to $25. It used to be $10 about 4 years ago, maybe 5 years ago. Plaza ticket is $98 face value. Same ticket in South Stands in Denver is $77. Old stadium and they can re do that whole lower bowl area and save millions of dollars. The won't because they want a new stadium somewhere.
Glad I got my ticket for $45 and paid partial for that parking with another Maner. No way a family of 4 can afford to pay that and why a whole bunch of season ticket holders will be bailing out this year.....until they start winning 11 games a season then they will be back like they never left.

HAT
11-28-2011, 09:49 PM
i don't think your argument works. it's not like Qualcomm seats 1 million fans. it's something like 50K fans. are there not many multiples of 50K fans at home in Sandy Eggo watching the game on TV? these people are not watching from home instead of the stadium for the reason you stated. they are staying home for other reasons. high ticket prices. too much traffic. not wanting to deal with drunk idiots at the game. but they aren't staying home doing something else because the weather is nice.

It was an explanation.....Not an argument. And I agree with you that fans in every city stay home for the reasons you mentioned.

Still don't care...We march to our own beat out here & could give a **** less what 'better fans' from other parts of the Nation think.

Punisher
11-28-2011, 10:33 PM
http://619sports.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/norv-turner-400sm.gif
:thought:

Boltjolt
11-28-2011, 11:57 PM

Its the truth and nothing "favorite" about it. Your absolutely delusional if you think ANY GM would pick Tebow over Rivers....and that includes your GM. What a dipsh** YOU are!
You know nothing about football if you think there is any possibility you are right.

Rivers has been playing hurt and it will come out after the season.

Pretty much been confirmed that Norv will be fired after the season so for that, i thank Tim Tebow.
And Qualcomm seats 65 to 69k

As for Tebow, ..i was hardly insulting him. I love the kid for what he stands for...hardworking, good guy, but at this juncture, he isnt a very good NFL QB. Thats insulting the guy? Maybe insulting you since you cant stand to see the truth.
Make one FG of the two missed, you lose the game.
If your defense is anything like it was early in the season, he wins none of your games for you. Your defense is 5th on the league since your last loss. Your offense is near the bottom.

Kaylore
11-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Its the truth and nothing "favorite" about it. Your absolutely delusional if you think ANY GM would pick Tebow over Rivers....and that includes your GM. What a dipsh** YOU are!
You know nothing about football if you think there is any possibility you are right.

Rivers has been playing hurt and it will come out after the season.

Pretty much been confirmed that Norv will be fired after the season so for that, i thank Tim Tebow.
And Qualcomm seats 65 to 69k

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aOC-zU2m-3o/Thttx7344FI/AAAAAAAAEBs/p4XjUr75sZQ/s1600/Sour%252Bgrapes.jpg

Gort
11-29-2011, 12:36 AM
It was an explanation.....Not an argument. And I agree with you that fans in every city stay home for the reasons you mentioned.

Still don't care...We march to our own beat out here & could give a **** less what 'better fans' from other parts of the Nation think.

i wasn't having a go at you... just pointing out that "staying home because of the nice weather" was a weak argument when there are so many other better reasons.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2011, 12:51 AM
i wasn't having a go at you... just pointing out that "staying home because of the nice weather" was a weak argument when there are so many other better reasons.

dont worry as Chargers fans don't go to the stadium when it is bad weather. I guess it needs to be like the 3 bears and have the "goldilocks" weather for those pussies. Any threat of bad weather for a playoff game and they have trouble selling out the stadium for a home playoff game. Pathetic.

Houshyamama
11-29-2011, 12:53 AM

GO BRONCOS!

Great time to go to your first game!

hambone13
11-29-2011, 01:52 AM

I wouldn't kick her out of bed but she seems to have never ending eye brows.....not sure how that translates to me loving her bum ;-)

hambone13
11-29-2011, 02:02 AM

I don't think you have a problem with play calling. We might but your coach is a bitch. Frankly, Phyllus is too. I'll give him credit for his talent but there's nothing worse than acting "Holly-er" than now and not actually being able to execute on it. I've never liked his "I'm a good guy personae". "I don't swear." etc. He's always seemed totally phony from the beginning. Whiny little bitch, blatantly apparent on a national stage. I know there's all sorts of press about his "leadership" ability but I've never bought it. Especially now that you're in the crapper. Still a whiny bitch.

Gort
11-29-2011, 02:15 AM
I don't think you have a problem with play calling. We might but your coach is a b****. Frankly, Phyllus is too. I'll give him credit for his talent but there's nothing worse than acting "Holly-er" than now and not actually being able to execute on it. I've never liked his "I'm a good guy personae". "I don't swear." etc. He's always seemed totally phony from the beginning. Whiny little b****, blatantly apparent on a national stage. I know there's all sorts of press about his "leadership" ability but I've never bought it. Especially now that you're in the crapper. Still a whiny b****.

bingo!

greatest. 4-7. team. ever.

/sarc

Gort
11-29-2011, 02:17 AM
I wouldn't kick her out of bed but she seems to have never ending eye brows.....not sure how that translates to me loving her bum ;-)

heresy! heresy, i say!

she's 99.9% perfect. ;)