PDA

View Full Version : Podcast tonight: What questions do you have for the crew?

Taco John
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Help me prep for the show. We'll talk about the last two weeks, but I'd really like to do a "look down the stretch" analysis of where this team has come from, and where it is going as we head down the barrel of December. What questions or issues would you like to see addressed by our FULL HOUSE PANEL of guests tonight? (I'm so excited that all four guys will be on tonight!)

Chris
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
I'd like to see you guys address the reasons for the defensive turnaround, strengths and weaknesses of the D versus our remaining matchups.

Do you think there's a future for Tim Tebow on this team if we draft a QB in the first round next year? Sorry, had to ask.

Media reactions / douchebags getting owned by Tebow's straight from the anus victory on Thursday night.

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Why don't you play any Wham! during Khan's segments?

oubronco
11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Is the resurgence the Defense coming to life and a combination of Tebow or is it all Tebow

Chris
11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Why don't you play any Wham! during Khan's segments?

That. Podcast needs more WHAM!

You think I'm kidding.

BroncoInferno
11-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Is the resurgence the Defense coming to life and a combination of Tebow or is it all Tebow

This. More specifically, how much credit (if any) does Tebow deserve for the improved play of the defense? Obviously, we are turning the ball over less, which helps. Are there any other ways he's helping out the defense?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
What did your body language interpreter think about Elway's reaction to the game winning score vs the Jets? More specifically, compare Elway's reaction to Orton's reaction when Tebow led the near comeback against SD.

gyldenlove
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
With the decline of the run game over the last 3 games and the lack of progression in the pass game over the same span will the offense eventually die completely and if so when will this cataclysmic event happen?

Does Eric Decker have the hottest WOG on the team and does Tebow's alleged love affair with a hispanic guy impact his ability to perform on the field and his national hero status? (The guy is called Jesus, so I am guessing hispanic)

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 11:34 AM
I have a couple:

If Tebow is not the answer, which QB (either in the NFL or suspected to be in the draft) would most fit the team moving forward?

If Tebow is the answer, what is the area of focus (either in FA or the draft) that needs the most attention?

Dendave
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
I would like to know what your opinion of an "orton or brady" passing package, put both tebow and orton or brady in shootgun and snap to whoever, have them run or pass? Even if you snap to Tebow and he passes, when snap goes to him you assume it's a run and vise versa snap to other guy and have them handoff to Tebow and do triple option...any thoughts? as long as we win I don't care what our offense looks like

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
How badly do the rest of you want to punch Micheal Irvin and Marshall Faulk in the mouth?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Is there enough Kleenex in the world to clean the mess I will make in my pants if Von Miller goes apeshiat on Phillip Rivers this week?

Shotgun Willie
How much time did Tebow have to work with Colquitt during the lockout to help him improve his punting?

Kaylore
How badly do the rest of you want to punch Micheal Irvin and Marshall Faulk in the mouth?

Michael Irvin was pretty happy with Tebow. Faulk, not so much. Faulk was actively frowning, and as the night went on he went out of his way find unique ways to rip on what he did and minimize what he did well.

gyldenlove
11-22-2011, 11:40 AM

On a scale from 1 to full retard, I would say somewhere around Sean Hannity.

gyldenlove
11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Is there enough Kleenex in the world to clean the mess I will make in my pants if Von Miller goes apeshiat on Phillip Rivers this week?

Sadly, no, so I have dispatched an incineration team to destroy all biologic material within a 200 meter radius of your house.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Michael Irvin was pretty happy with Tebow. Faulk, not so much. Faulk was actively frowning, and as the night went on he went out of his way find unique ways to rip on what he did and minimize what he did well.

I think my problem with Irvin is that he's walking around in free society after stabbing a guy in the neck.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Sadly, no, so I have dispatched an incineration team to destroy all biologic material within a 200 meter radius of your house.

It will be historic day. And if things go to plan, those pages in history will be stuck together.

Chris
11-22-2011, 12:04 PM

You will be left with nothing but pieces of old bark.

gyldenlove
11-22-2011, 12:08 PM
You will be left with nothing but pieces of old bark.

He just has to learn how to use the shells

DrFate
11-22-2011, 12:11 PM
What would Tebow have to do the rest of the season to dissuade the Broncos FO from drafting a QB in the 1st round.

ludo21
11-22-2011, 12:45 PM
What kind of playcalls can we call on 3rd down to improve our %?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
It seems as though something was different in the play calling during the first 3.5 quarters, compared to the 95 yard scoring drive. What was the difference?

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM
This. More specifically, how much credit (if any) does Tebow deserve for the improved play of the defense? Obviously, we are turning the ball over less, which helps. Are there any other ways he's helping out the defense?

It seems as though something was different in the play calling during the first 3.5 quarters, compared to the 95 yard scoring drive. What was the difference?

Thought those were the best questions (obviously first two are asking the same thing) and already wrote out answers to these.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM

Oooh and this one. Writing it out now.

broncolife
11-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Kyle Orton being released

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Kyle Orton being released

Yeah. We'll probably need to hit this one now...

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 01:23 PM
How incredibly awesome would it be to have Orton starting for da Bears when they come to town?

CEH
11-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah. We'll probably need to hit this one now...

Ask Raj he's working right now isn't he. Kils is saying Orton to CHI

Popps
11-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Kaylore: Offensive line projections through the end of this year and draft. Is this our O-line of the future? Seems to be coming together, was it just a matter of time? Or, would we consider taking a top tackle and moving Franklin over still?

SoCal: Do you want my kid's old Cutler jersey? I never did burn it. I almost feel bad enough for you to ship it your way.

Montrose (if on) - 3rd down percentage seems to be what has Elway's briefs wadded up. Hard to argue. Seems to be a direct result of passing inaccuracy. How do we fix it, or is it just purely a time-thing?

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Popps, I'll do an Oline report but, and I hope you're reading this Taco, I will need more than six hours to adequately prepare for a report on offensive line prospects I think Denver needs to look at next year.

broncswin
11-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Also what kind of play calls can we call on 1st and 2nd down to improve our chances of 3rd down conversions?

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Popps, I'll do an Oline report but, and I hope you're reading this Taco, I will need more than six hours to adequately prepare for a report on offensive line prospects I think Denver needs to look at next year.

Borderline impossible to call that accurately at this point in time.

Requiem
11-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Borderline impossible to call that accurately at this point in time.

He should be able to come up with five realistic choices in that period of time.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 02:00 PM
He should be able to come up with five realistic choices in that period of time.

Nix in 3rd or Zeitler in 4th and call it a day.

Bronco Yoda
11-22-2011, 02:15 PM

ROFL!

Bronco Yoda
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
ok, what's the next progression in this offense. The next added ingredient to our one man manchowder stew.

Obviously they're going to have to do something to loosens up the D but high %. I'm digging the run but at some point you have to start throwing something on 3rd down.

Screens? Quick outs? What? Does Moreno's injury put a kink in all this.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 02:30 PM
ok, what's the next progression in this offense. The next added ingredient to our one man manchowder stew.

Obviously they're going to have to do something to loosens up the D but high %. I'm digging the run but at some point you have to start throwing something on 3rd down.

Screens? Quick outs? What? Does Moreno's injury put a kink in all this.

LOL

Bronco Yoda
11-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I had to throw Popps some love :)

Tombstone RJ
11-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Help me prep for the show. We'll talk about the last two weeks, but I'd really like to do a "look down the stretch" analysis of where this team has come from, and where it is going as we head down the barrel of December. What questions or issues would you like to see addressed by our FULL HOUSE PANEL of guests tonight? (I'm so excited that all four guys will be on tonight!)

What is Irving's progression, is he playing any MLBer or is he only going to play special teams this year, where he appears to be making a lot of plays.

Is he projecting well for the starting MLB or are the Broncos going to have to spend another high round pick on a 4-3 inside LBer?

Taco John
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM

That's a much larger chunk than I think we should bite off tonight. I think that's a whole different show. I was thinking of a once a month update in the offseason, with a summer break after the draft wrap up.

Something like this:

Broncos last game - Game/Season in review show.
Week after that (January x) - Draft / Free Agent Outlook
February 28 - Combine talk - Draft / Free Agent Outlook Update.
March 27 - Draft / Free Agent Outlook Update
April 24 - Draft Show
May 1 - Post Draft Show
Summer break
August X - Show resumes after Preseason Game 1

That's my thoughts right now. Depending on how things go, we may get a chance to do a show on training camp. We can play that by ear.

t-diddy
11-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Can we get some thoughts on our young safety play? Carter has looked pretty good as of late, in my uninformed opinion, and what does that mean for Rahim Moore?

Also would like to hear any thoughts on Irving, as someone else had requested...

Thanks in advance for putting this together, looking forward to listening!

Vine
11-22-2011, 02:51 PM

I'll attempt to answer this myself.

The best way to improve 3rd down efficiency is running plays on 1st and 2nd down that would have the defense more on their heels. Hopefully, with better play calling on the first two downs, there will be fewer 3rd and long situations, and shorter 3rd downs will likely end up in better 3rd down efficiency.

SureShot
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM

The best way to improve 3rd down efficiency is running plays on 1st and 2nd down that would have the defense more on their heels. Hopefully, with better play calling on the first two downs, there will be fewer 3rd and long situations, and shorter 3rd downs will likely end up in better 3rd down efficiency.

Very ****ing insightful.

Vine
11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Very ****ing insightful.

Honestly, I cannot tell if that was sarcastic, or a genuine response, but thank you.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-22-2011, 02:59 PM

Really, you're just looking at potential RTs. If we move Franklin to LG, that's what we need. If we don't move Franklin, we're probably going to continue rolling as is, maybe we pick up an OG for depth in the 4th-7th.

This draft sucks for OTs. Three Juniors, if they come out, should all go before Denver even selects (Kalil, Martin, Reiff). Then you have a drop to Mike Adams, whom has character issues, but looks like a steal in the Mid-late 1st range if he behaves. So, that's an option for us. If Ricky Wagner or DJ Fluker come out, they are probably in that range, but I doubt either of them declares. I doubt we're going to look at any OGs or OCs in the 1st Round, which would omit Konz and DeCastro if they declare.

In the early 2nd, there's not much. Maybe Zebrie Sanders from FSU. Datko was interesting, but his shoulder surgery will have him fall into the mid rounds. Adcock remains interesting to me, especially as a RT. Osemele and Glenn might be able to play RT, but they strike me as Franklin clones that are best at OG. There are some interior OG/OC prospects (Brewster and Jones) that might be of interest in the 2nd Round area.

3rd Round area, you're looking at some potentially interesting guys in Nate Potter, Barrett Jones, Matt Reynolds, and Jake Olsen.

The exact prospects might not be identifiable right now, though most likely are, but the position of need, and the type of prospect could be discussed.

Furthermore, as far as my questions go, I'd like to hear a discussion on how much of us turning to the option is solely on Tebow, how much is on the lack of talent/hands/experience of our WRs/TEs, and how much is solely because Franklin can't pass block to save his life. I tend to think Tebow is just a part of the option decision, I think the receiving personnel and mostly Franklin are at the core of the decision. Watching Franklin try to pass protect in the Miami and Detroit games sealed it for me.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-22-2011, 02:59 PM
I want to know if the panel sees any improvment in Tebows passing and what can be done to improve his passing ability?

t-diddy
11-22-2011, 03:01 PM

The thread was titled: "What questions do you have for the crew?" If it was titled: "What questions do you have for the 'tool'?" Then i'm sure your answer would be welcomed...

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Really, you're just looking at potential RTs. If we move Franklin to LG, that's what we need. If we don't move Franklin, we're probably going to continue rolling as is, maybe we pick up an OG for depth in the 4th-7th.

This draft sucks for OTs. Three Juniors, if they come out, should all go before Denver even selects (Kalil, Martin, Reiff). Then you have a drop to Mike Adams, whom has character issues, but looks like a steal in the Mid-late 1st range if he behaves. So, that's an option for us. If Ricky Wagner or DJ Fluker come out, they are probably in that range, but I doubt either of them declares. I doubt we're going to look at any OGs or OCs in the 1st Round, which would omit Konz and DeCastro if they declare.

In the early 2nd, there's not much. Maybe Zebrie Sanders from FSU. Datko was interesting, but his shoulder surgery will have him fall into the mid rounds. Adcock remains interesting to me, especially as a RT. Osemele and Glenn might be able to play RT, but they strike me as Franklin clones that are best at OG. There are some interior OG/OC prospects (Brewster and Jones) that might be of interest in the 2nd Round area.

3rd Round area, you're looking at some potentially interesting guys in Nate Potter, Barrett Jones, Matt Reynolds, and Jake Olsen.

The exact prospects might not be identifiable right now, though most likely are, but the position of need, and the type of prospect could be discussed.

Furthermore, as far as my questions go, I'd like to hear a discussion on how much of us turning to the option is solely on Tebow, how much is on the lack of talent/hands/experience of our WRs/TEs, and how much is solely because Franklin can't pass block to save his life. I tend to think Tebow is just a part of the option decision, I think the receiving personnel and mostly Franklin are at the core of the decision. Watching Franklin try to pass protect in the Miami and Detroit games sealed it for me.

We don't need a new RT. Franklin's done fantastic since they finally decided to start helping him out some.

chrisp
11-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Perhaps you could explain how we have an awesome running game and a mobile QB yet we still suck on 3rd down....but we're winning??? Go figure...

Actually just go back to football 101 becuase I don't think I understand thsi game anymore....hmmm...

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 03:04 PM
When the Jets went big to counter the read option, why couldn't we counter with our supposedly athletic TE's like Julius Thomas?

Tombstone RJ
11-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I want to know if the panel see any improvment in Tebows passing and what can be done to improve his passing ability?

One thing's for darn sure--Tebow and the WR's have to get on the same page. There's been plenty of drops by the WRs and that means they simply are not mentally prepared for the pass, that is, there's no sinc between Tebow and them and that comes with time. Also, I don't know if Tebow's lefty release somehow messes with the WR's and this is why they drop catchable passes.

Vine
11-22-2011, 03:06 PM
The thread was titled: "What questions do you have for the crew?" If it was titled: "What questions do you have for the 'tool'?" Then i'm sure your answer would be welcomed...

A tool? You mean, an instrument to get get a task done? I'll take that as a compliment.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 03:09 PM
As long as you cover Tebow, all Tebow and nothing but Tebow, I think we'll be all set. He's the only player on the team. Those other positions? Mere distractions from the light of Tebow.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
We don't need a new RT. Franklin's done fantastic since they finally decided to start helping him out some.

Will have to disagree with you Pat. The scheme has helped him, but the moment we go back to a pro scheme, he's going to be exposed again. They used Fells to babysit him extensively when Orton was playing, and it was moderately successful, but when Fells would run a route, Franklin was destroyed. When they inserted Tebow, they stopped using Fells to babysit as much in the first couple of games, and Franklin was godawful bad.

Now, we use the option and playaction to hold the DEs on the pass rush. It's just another crutch to help Franklin. And we've been actually giving him some help again. But we've also been rolling the pocket away from Franklin as well. And he's still getting beat a few times per game. Last game was one of his better performances with only giving up the two pressures.

My opinion at this point is that we have a pig at Right Tackle, and with our new scheme, we're essentially putting lipstick on it. I don't think he has the feet or physical athleticism to compete as a pass blocking RT against above average talent without being babysat. If we can afford to do that 95% of the time, than sure, lets keep him there for his run blocking. If we can't, move him to LG, make Beadles a super reserve, and draft a LT to play RT like the Cowboys did with Tyron Smith. With Clady seemingly regressing and coming up on a new contract, it may be time to develop a future LT as it stands anyway. Just a thought.

Turd_Ferguson
11-22-2011, 03:12 PM
How about talking about Von Millers chances to win Def Rookie of the year. who's his competition? How does he stack up? Does he have to do more than rush to passer to win this award? I think he is the brightest young star on the team hands down.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-22-2011, 03:15 PM
How about talking about Von Millers chances to win Def Rookie of the year. who's his competition? How does he stack up? Does he have to do more than rush to passer to win this award? I think he is the brightest young star on the team hands down.

His competition is Aldon Smith, whom has been just as dynamic in turning around SF's defense as Miller has been for us. I think Miller has pulled ahead the last couple of games. Dareus will be in the running, but very hard for a DT to win an award like that. And Peterson will be talked about as well since he's been coming on a bit more as of late, but he's not threat to Miller.

To me, it's a two horse race. Miller and Smith, and Miller is a length ahead right now.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Will have to disagree with you Pat. The scheme has helped him, but the moment we go back to a pro scheme, he's going to be exposed again. They used Fells to babysit him extensively when Orton was playing, and it was moderately successful, but when Fells would run a route, Franklin was destroyed. When they inserted Tebow, they stopped using Fells to babysit as much in the first couple of games, and Franklin was godawful bad.

Now, we use the option and playaction to hold the DEs on the pass rush. It's just another crutch to help Franklin. And we've been actually giving him some help again. But we've also been rolling the pocket away from Franklin as well. And he's still getting beat a few times per game. Last game was one of his better performances with only giving up the two pressures.

My opinion at this point is that we have a pig at Right Tackle, and with our new scheme, we're essentially putting lipstick on it. I don't think he has the feet or physical athleticism to compete as a pass blocking RT against above average talent without being babysat. If we can afford to do that 95% of the time, than sure, lets keep him there for his run blocking. If we can't, move him to LG, make Beadles a super reserve, and draft a LT to play RT like the Cowboys did with Tyron Smith. With Clady seemingly regressing and coming up on a new contract, it may be time to develop a future LT as it stands anyway. Just a thought.

That's not outside the realm of possibility, but neither is development.

Let's not lose sight of him being a late 2nd round rookie with virtually no off-season to develop and learn AND the coaching staff didn't do him any favors leaving him on islands against better, veteran players.

Also, often forgotten/overlooked fact: they've been doing a lot to get Clark involved so clearly he's showing something so the cupboard isn't exactly bare there either.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 03:18 PM
TJ - premake some Neckbeards in honor of Kyle for a REALLY fun show tonight?

I'm in.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-22-2011, 03:25 PM
One thing's for darn sure--Tebow and the WR's have to get on the same page. There's been plenty of drops by the WRs and that means they simply are not mentally prepared for the pass, that is, there's no sinc between Tebow and them and that comes with time. Also, I don't know if Tebow's lefty release somehow messes with the WR's and this is why they drop catchable passes.

The drops will take work to get through, but what about the attempts? What are the coaches seeing in practice that is making them call such few attempts during the game?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-22-2011, 03:25 PM
That's not outside the realm of possibility, but neither is development.

Let's not lose sight of him being a late 2nd round rookie with virtually no off-season to develop and learn AND the coaching staff didn't do him any favors leaving him on islands against better, veteran players.

Also, often forgotten/overlooked fact: they've been doing a lot to get Clark involved so clearly he's showing something so the cupboard isn't exactly bare there either.

Very valid and excellent points. It will be interesting to see how Franklin finishes the year. Maybe he's much like Tebow, he can control his own fate with how he plays moving forward. I do agree last week was a decent building block.

Blueflame
11-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Have to agree with the Rev... Franklin isn't so bad considering that he's a rookie. He'll improve with more experience.

Popps
11-22-2011, 03:40 PM
I read a good article (somewhere forget where) about teams basically drafting two LT's now, hoping to have elite players at the bookends. (Putting them on either side.) Basically, teams are moving around their pass-rushers to such an extent that having a top LT doesn't protect you. (See Von Miller last week.)

So, that's one of the reasons I'd be thrilled with a top OT as a 1st round pick, and to move Franklin over to G where he'd be able to destroy, imo. Then, you're talking about an elite group of players. I suppose you'd have to make a decision on Beadles in that case, though.

UberBroncoMan
11-22-2011, 04:08 PM
I want to know what you'd all do individually if the Zombie apocalypse happened.

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 04:18 PM
I want to know what you'd all do individually if the Zombie apocalypse happened.

I absolutely think we should all answer this, perhaps at the end of the show.

Taco John
11-22-2011, 05:13 PM
TJ - premake some Neckbeards in honor of Kyle for a REALLY fun show tonight?

I'm in.

Definitely in.

Bronx33
11-22-2011, 05:19 PM

You like read my mind!! you're a witch huh!