PDA

View Full Version : Tebowmaniacs need to get a life!

bronco militia
11-22-2011, 10:33 AM
John Elway’s lukewarm embrace of Tim Tebow as Denver’s “quarterback of the future” is not sitting well with Broncos fans.

Nate Kreckman of 102.3 in Denver documented some of the responses to Elway’s Twitter account after Elway said on the radio Monday that the Broncos were no closer to finding their quarterback.

These are are actual messages from Broncos fans to Elway:

1. @johnelway you need acting lessons, that you can do a better job at pretending to be happy your team won.

2. @johnelway i hope pat fires you and you can go back to arena football were you belong you piece of trash.

3. How does it feel @johnelway from being our hero to be almost as hated as Philip Rivers?

4. Hey @johnelway you lost 3 superbowls and your team won 2 for you when u were washed up so shut your f#$% mouth

5. mr elway pls don’t make the biggest mistake of your young front office career by letting Tim go.

6. @johnelway is pretty much an a$$…

7. JOHN ELWAY IS A MILE HIGH JACK ASS !! Tebow is awesome

8. F#$% @johnelway dude went scounting the baylor/OU game for a QB????

9. @johnelway I understand your position but your lack of support for my QB is really getting annoying.

The total insanity is hilarious and terrifying at the same time. They help point out Elway’s tricky position as Tebow becomes the most popular quarterback in town.

With each win, the Broncos get further away from the top of the draft where the best quarterback prospects will be taken.

With each win, the Tebowmaniacs will only grow angrier if Elway ever pulls the rug out from under their hero.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/elways-comments-enrage-tebowmaniacs/

theStifmeister
11-22-2011, 10:38 AM
I no longer give allegiance to front office personel, since the McDaniels Era.

Popps
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Yeah, Elway wants Tebow to do better than 3 for 13 on 3rd downs. What a monster.

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Can anyone really defend the way Elway acts or even speaks of Tim? Its luke warm at best and people are excited right now. We are one damn game out from first place and Elway acts like he has Palko at QB

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Yeah, Elway wants Tebow to do better than 3 for 13 on 3rd downs. What a monster.

If that was all Elway said you wouldn't see this much backlash. Don't water it down.

theStifmeister
11-22-2011, 10:51 AM
3 for 13 is bad, but how many of those plays were runs? Or shovel passes, bubble screens etc. This is a direct reflection of McCoy, hence we had the same problem with Orton

cmhargrove
11-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Just a question.

Do you hear any other "VP of football operations" in the NFL criticizing his starting QB to the media?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Just a question.

Do you hear any other "VP of football operations" in the NFL criticizing his starting QB to the media?

Do you hear Elway doing that? Or saying that his quarterback "needs to improve"?

alkemical
11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
YOU* (We) - are the media now.

Taco John
Can anyone really defend the way Elway acts or even speaks of Tim? Its luke warm at best and people are excited right now. We are one damn game out from first place and Elway acts like he has Palko at QB

Of course someone can. Elway's job isn't cheerleader. Tim Tebow is winning games, but Elway has to look at the long term viability of the franchise, not just one single season. I think Elway is doing the right thing by staying grounded, even while the fan base flutters to he heavens.

It's easy to defend the way Elway acts and speaks of Tim. You simply have to maintain a level head.

bowtown
Football fans have turned into such pussies.

MplsBronco
11-22-2011, 10:57 AM

You've become a pretty poor poster. If the success of the team is a TEAM thing how is it that the failure of the team on 3rd down becomes a TEBOW thing. He should say the team needs to do better on 3rd down. And as the old saying goes, your success on 3rd down starts on 1st and 2nd down. The playcalling is not exactly a recipe for success when you are left in 3rd and long the majority of the time.

Taco John
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Just a question.

I haven't been paying attention, but honestly, don't really care what other VPs or GMs are saying about their QB situations. The Broncos situation is a unique one to the Broncos, and nothing that is being said about any other QB situation is relevant to ours.

Paladin
I think they all need Extra Strength Midol.

alkemical
I think they all need Extra Strength Midol.

A Boot to the Box!

Pick Six
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
It could be said that we wouldn't even have beaten the Jets, without the pick 6. The jury is STILL out on Tebow. These Twits need to have a better respect for the greatest quarterback in Broncos history (and no, it's NOT Tim Tebow)...

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Of course someone can. Elway's job isn't cheerleader. Tim Tebow is winning games, but Elway has to look at the long term viability of the franchise, not just one single season. I think Elway is doing the right thing by staying grounded, even while the fan base flutters to he heavens.

It's easy to defend the way Elway acts and speaks of Tim. You simply have to maintain a level head.

which very few are able to do.....

I think it is easier to have a right wing republican and left wing liberal have a even keeled discussion than for two Bronco fans on the opposite side of the Tebow debate....

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 11:02 AM

I'll remind you of the Elway tweet when he had Ortons back. If he can be a cheerleader for Orton, why not Tim?

Im not saying Tebow doesn't need to improve, I am not saying he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he is winning and in this game that's all that matters. Elway has endorsed Orton a handful of times while we sunk to the bottom of the division. Now one game out and any time anyone asks Elway about Tebow he looks like he has constipation.

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
You've become a pretty poor poster. If the success of the team is a TEAM thing how is it that the failure of the team on 3rd down becomes a TEBOW thing. He should say the team needs to do better on 3rd down. And as the old saying goes, your success on 3rd down starts on 1st and 2nd down. The playcalling is not exactly a recipe for success when you are left in 3rd and long the majority of the time.

Yeah, Decker drops 3rd down passes (more than once) and Tebow has to improve on 3rd downs. Royal runs a 6 yard route when we need 7 yards, Tebow completes the pass, and yet Tebow needs to improve on 3rd downs.

We endlessly call for straight ahead runs on 1st and 2nd down, setting up 3rd and long, and when we don't convert, it's Tebow's fault.

And in the Jets game, with 4th and inches, McCoy calls for a Tebow handoff to the RB while under center (using a conventional NFL formation), we fail to convert, and yet Tebow needs to do better converting 4th downs.

:facepalm

BigPlayShay
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Football fans have turned into such pussies.

Amen!

Pony Boy
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM

Is it about style points or wins? ..... It's not how it how many .......

cutthemdown
11-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Elway is doing a great job. People are guessing which way he want to go and that is good. Tebow isn't going anywhere so just chill out.

bronco militia
11-22-2011, 11:12 AM

I agree and i'm cool with Elway's comments. There will be two open roster spots at QB for the Broncos the day after the season is finished. He might as well try to improve the position regardless of Tebow's progress.

Pick Six
11-22-2011, 11:12 AM

Orton CAN, and HAS done better on 3rd downs. But, nobody wants to hear that. I'm just sayin...

DrFate
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Would it be impossible for Elway to say 'we are happy Tim is 4-1 as a starter, but he needs to improve his 3rd down completion percentage?' Or how about 'Tim is working hard, getting better and we are happy to be winning, but he needs to improve X, Y, and Z?' Why is that hard? Why is expecting an even treatment for all the players 'whining' or 'pussies'?

Orton go more verbal support at 1-4 than Tebow does at 4-1.

ghwk
11-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Tebow is doing his part but Von Miller is carrying the team.

fontaine
11-22-2011, 11:30 AM
John Elway’s lukewarm embrace of Tim Tebow as Denver’s “quarterback of the future” is not sitting well with Broncos fans.

Nate Kreckman of 102.3 in Denver documented some of the responses to Elway’s Twitter account after Elway said on the radio Monday that the Broncos were no closer to finding their quarterback.

1. @johnelway you need acting lessons, that you can do a better job at pretending to be happy your team won.

2. @johnelway i hope pat fires you and you can go back to arena football were you belong you piece of trash.

3. How does it feel @johnelway from being our hero to be almost as hated as Philip Rivers?

4. Hey @johnelway you lost 3 superbowls and your team won 2 for you when u were washed up so shut your f#$% mouth

5. mr elway pls don’t make the biggest mistake of your young front office career by letting Tim go.

9. @johnelway I understand your position but your lack of support for my QB is really getting annoying.

The total insanity is hilarious and terrifying at the same time. They help point out Elway’s tricky position as Tebow becomes the most popular quarterback in town.

With each win, the Broncos get further away from the top of the draft where the best quarterback prospects will be taken.

With each win, the Tebowmaniacs will only grow angrier if Elway ever pulls the rug out from under their hero.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/22/elways-comments-enrage-tebowmaniacs/

I'm willing to bet MacGoober tweeted 8 out of those 9.

The 8 different tweets represent the 8 levels of stupid.

Kid A
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I'll remind you of the Elway tweet when he had Ortons back. If he can be a cheerleader for Orton, why not Tim?

Im not saying Tebow doesn't need to improve, I am not saying he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but he is winning and in this game that's all that matters. Elway has endorsed Orton a handful of times while we sunk to the bottom of the division. Now one game out and any time anyone asks Elway about Tebow he looks like he has constipation.

Elway has said a ton of nice things about Tebow. Just a couple days ago he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/#!/johnelway/status/138050695336173568

As much as Elway was praised for being very open access when he first took the job, people are now going bat**** when he gives us just a glimpse at their thinking process (i.e. the FO really values 3rd down production. What a shocking standard to hold).

If repeatedly calling a guy a "great football player," a high-level competitor, and implying the job is his if he can improve on a couple areas = not showing any support for Tebow, I don't know what to say.

There are only 32 openings in the world for a starting QB position in the NFL. Elway implying that you have to be a solid passer to maintain that job (while many very talented applicants are there ready to compete for that same position) is hardly anything but common sense.

ColoradoDarin
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
It could be said that we wouldn't even have beaten the Jets, without the pick 6. The jury is STILL out on Tebow. These Twits need to have a better respect for the greatest quarterback in Broncos history (and no, it's NOT Tim Tebow)...

You could also say that the pick 6 just negated the great field position the Jets got when McGahee fumbled and it resulted in a pretty easy TD for them.

TonyR
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Exactly! Great post.

Smilin Assassin
11-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the world of Twitter/Facebook/ and Message Boards, John Elway.

Sadly, you'll see alot of this regardless of which direction you go. It's not the people have changed, only that they have more outlets and avenues of expressing themselves w/o repercussions.

I enjoy watching Tim Tebow play, and hope he can, as you say "Get better every week." Still, you'll excuse some of my fellow Bronco fanatics and Non-Bronco supporters (I mean, ANYONE could be tweeting that garbage) for their disrepect and unrationalized responses.

Go Broncos!

Dagmar
11-22-2011, 11:57 AM
I take issue with the "Broncos fans" comment. I'm going to go with "95% Gator fans".

Hercules Rockefeller
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
You could also say that the pick 6 just negated the great field position the Jets got when McGahee fumbled and it resulted in a pretty easy TD for them.

Except that the Jets' TD came in the 3rd quarter and McGahee's fumble came in the 1st.

ColoradoDarin
11-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Except that the Jets' TD came in the 3rd quarter and McGahee's fumble came in the 1st.

Dang it, don't go confusing me with facts! For some reason I thought it was the other way (the long drive for a FG and the TD on his fumble)

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I take issue with the "Broncos fans" comment. I'm going to go with "95% Gator fans".

There are two types of fans around:

1.) People who like Tim Tebow because he plays hard for their Denver Broncos.

2.) People who like the Denver Broncos because Tim Tebow plays hard for them.

Archer81
11-22-2011, 12:28 PM

It can also be said we would not have won at all without the TD with 58 seconds left.

:Broncos:

Archer81
11-22-2011, 12:30 PM
If Tim keeps winning, shows improvement from game to game and continues to not turn the football over, he will be QBOTF and I am thinking Elway would be quite pleased to have that be the case. Nothing Elway has said is shocking or upsetting, really. He is executive Elway now, not Player Elway.

:Broncos:

oubronco
11-22-2011, 12:35 PM

Amen Brotha

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Elway has said a ton of nice things about Tebow. Just a couple days ago he tweeted this:

As much as Elway was praised for being very open access when he first took the job, people are now going bat**** when he gives us just a glimpse at their thinking process (i.e. the FO really values 3rd down production. What a shocking standard to hold).

If repeatedly calling a guy a "great football player," a high-level competitor, and implying the job is his if he can improve on a couple areas = not showing any support for Tebow, I don't know what to say.

There are only 32 openings in the world for a starting QB position in the NFL. Elway implying that you have to be a solid passer to maintain that job (while many very talented applicants are there ready to compete for that same position) is hardly anything but common sense.

Your right thousands of people/fans/journalists/media are wrong, Elway has handled this whole QB situation with grace.

I get the impression Elway is going to have the following McD did right up until they show him driving off with his **** in the back of the truck

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 12:41 PM

Me personally I have all the respect in the world for Elway the QB..Elway the FO guy, the jury is still out.

TonyR
11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Me personally I have all the respect in the world for Elway the QB..Elway the FO guy, the jury is still out.

That's fair to say. It's also fair to say it about Tim Tebow, right?

rbackfactory80
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Hopefully the "objective crew" around here is rational enough to distinguish between John Elway the player and John Elway the GM.

No rookie QB is expected to light up the league but all except Tebow are encouraged and supported. John has had an extremely closed minded and bull-headed stance towards this entire situation. He has let his emotions get the best of him and this team. If he were "just doing his job" he wouldn't be applying extra pressure to Tebow's already diffficult job on Sunday. You know, the one where he is playing ball with basically nobody on the offensive side of the ball.

After he supports him and really gives him the best chance to succeed, he can make his decision based on the facts after the Broncos play 16 games. Why not just be positive and then make a decision after the season? He can talk to Tebow behind closed doors.

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 12:53 PM
That's fair to say. It's also fair to say it about Tim Tebow, right?

Absolutely.

We just need Bowlen to make a statement "John has been a very good addition to our team, he understands the fan base." "But, John has to get better at financials and public speaking."

Bowlen will John be here next year " If John continues to improve, and learns the players names I think he can be an asset to the team." "He has to improve though. We will address that in the off season.":

cmhargrove
11-22-2011, 01:00 PM
I haven't been paying attention, but honestly, don't really care what other VPs or GMs are saying about their QB situations. The Broncos situation is a unique one to the Broncos, and nothing that is being said about any other QB situation is relevant to ours.

The discussion isn't necessarily about Elway's opinion either.

As I stated before, Elway is the reason I became a Broncos fan. I have also supported Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and Kyle Orton (as well as Bradlee Van Pelt, Darrell Hackney, etc.). I support Elway as the VP of our organization and hope he can pull off an incredible encore to his incredible career.

However, as the "leader" of the organization he also sets the tone for the fan base. When he brings private issues into the public arena, he invites controversy. I would be willing to say, unnecessary controversy. So, I support my wife with my life, but if she was to do something stupid, I don't necessarily agree with her actions. It's the same with my Qb hero, Elway. He may be the Qb I love the most in the history of the game, but I don't have to support everything he does if I don't agree with it.

2 quick examples for illustration purposes.

1. Matt Millen. Incredible pro career. Won more superbowls than Elway (with multiple teams). He was to be the savior of the Lions, but being a player and being in charge of a football organization don't always equate.

2. Curtis Painter. The worst starting Qb of the past decade. Why doesn't the Colts FO spend time criticizing him in the media? It just doesn't help the fans (which is whom the media is reporting to). They will have someone else lined up in the offseason (I think we all know who), but there is no reason to draw out the obvious issues in public and dishearten your fan base.

I don't understand why you think Elway just has his own set of rules and "and nothing that is being said about any other QB situation is relevant to ours."

Hulamau
11-22-2011, 01:08 PM

Amen Taco!

ant1999e
11-22-2011, 01:22 PM

Silence is golden.

broncocalijohn
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM

It looks like our own BabyTO has been tweeting.

BTW, Elway is possibly setting the franchise up to send Tebow packing and not wanting anyone to see it as a surprise. If not packing, at least bringing in another QB to battle for the starting job. It probably won't be a pretty training camp.

gunns
11-22-2011, 01:46 PM
The discussion isn't necessarily about Elway's opinion either.

As I stated before, Elway is the reason I became a Broncos fan. I have also supported Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Jay Cutler, and Kyle Orton (as well as Bradlee Van Pelt, Darrell Hackney, etc.). I support Elway as the VP of our organization and hope he can pull off an incredible encore to his incredible career.

However, as the "leader" of the organization he also sets the tone for the fan base. When he brings private issues into the public arena, he invites controversy. I would be willing to say, unnecessary controversy. So, I support my wife with my life, but if she was to do something stupid, I don't necessarily agree with her actions. It's the same with my Qb hero, Elway. He may be the Qb I love the most in the history of the game, but I don't have to support everything he does if I don't agree with it.

2 quick examples for illustration purposes.

1. Matt Millen. Incredible pro career. Won more superbowls than Elway (with multiple teams). He was to be the savior of the Lions, but being a player and being in charge of a football organization don't always equate.

2. Curtis Painter. The worst starting Qb of the past decade. Why doesn't the Colts FO spend time criticizing him in the media? It just doesn't help the fans (which is whom the media is reporting to). They will have someone else lined up in the offseason (I think we all know who), but there is no reason to draw out the obvious issues in public and dishearten your fan base.

I don't understand why you think Elway just has his own set of rules and "and nothing that is being said about any other QB situation is relevant to ours."

1. Matt Millen was not a Lion player and did not have that heart felt connection.

2. The Colts talked about how badly Painter played in preseason and went out and signed Kerry Collins. I don't know where you were. Several of their boards are lit up with posters commenting on Luck, what the FO is saying and of course those who "KNOW" what the FO is doing, like so many here.

Blueflame
11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Your right thousands of people/fans/journalists/media are wrong, Elway has handled this whole QB situation with grace.

I get the impression Elway is going to have the following McD did right up until they show him driving off with his **** in the back of the truck

First... please cite a reference for this claimed "thousands" of people/fans/journalists who are angry with Elway. It's actually a handful of rabid Tebow fans.

While I won't go so far as to say Elway has handled the situation with "grace", "tact", or "diplomacy", I will state unequivocally that he has spoken the truth. He's told Tebow numerous times exactly what he needs to do in order to become what this front office/coaching staff wants from their starting QB. His mechanics and footwork are fixable; Tebow just needs to listen and do whatever it takes to do what his bosses want.

A backlash against Elway would be far worse if he publicly kissed Tebow's butt now... and then takes a QB on the first day of the draft next April (which every public statement EFX has made since August indicates that they will do). You'd call him a backstabbing SOB and you'd be right.

mhgaffney
11-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Another failed thread.

Makes me wonder why I bother to come here.

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Another failed thread.

Makes me wonder why I bother to come here.

We've all been wondering this same thing for years now.

Jesterhole
11-22-2011, 02:00 PM

Typical post from the worst poster on the board.

How many of those third downs were 3 and 8 where McCoy ran the damn ball? Is that all Elway even said in the interview?

Basically, whoever is in the front office, your stupid blind ass bends over for.

epicSocialism4tw
11-22-2011, 02:02 PM

Elway has to understand that public statements that show uncertainty about a player give the sports media the nugget they need to drive their coverage.

ESPiN has been playing this thing all day. Heck, they evidently had a 15 minute interview with Tebow this morning.

frerottenextelway
11-22-2011, 02:05 PM
We'd be 6-4 right now if Orton had stayed the starter.

broncswin
11-22-2011, 02:14 PM
HUH?

bendog
11-22-2011, 02:17 PM
If that was all Elway said you wouldn't see this much backlash. Don't water it down.

if you had eyes you'd be lukewarm at best too.

Blueflame
11-22-2011, 02:18 PM

How many of those third downs were 3 and 8 where McCoy ran the damn ball? Is that all Elway even said in the interview?

Basically, whoever is in the front office, your stupid blind ass bends over for.

Popps isn't even "on the radar" for being "the worst poster on the board". Just sayin'.

Rigs11
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
what everyone seems to forget is how much better the D is playing now. Yeah the broncs are winning, but timmy seems to get all the credit. i think elway is smarter than this.

oubronco
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM

What do you expect this is the offense they specially installed for Tebow

You people love it when it works and bitch about it when it don't

Paladin
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Amen!

+1

Paladin
11-22-2011, 02:41 PM

GAWD DAMMIT!!!! There you go, being logical. Can you guess who will not read it, or agree with it?

Good post.

Paladin
11-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Hopefully the "objective crew" around here is rational enough to distinguish between John Elway the player and John Elway the GM.

No rookie QB is expected to light up the league but all except Tebow are encouraged and supported. John has had an extremely closed minded and bull-headed stance towards this entire situation. He has let his emotions get the best of him and this team. If he were "just doing his job" he wouldn't be applying extra pressure to Tebow's already diffficult job on Sunday. You know, the one where he is playing ball with basically nobody on the offensive side of the ball.

After he supports him and really gives him the best chance to succeed, he can make his decision based on the facts after the Broncos play 16 games. Why not just be positive and then make a decision after the season? He can talk to Tebow behind closed doors.

You are projecting.

epicSocialism4tw
11-22-2011, 02:46 PM
GAWD DAMMIT!!!! There you go, being logical. Can you guess who will not read it, or agree with it?

Good post.

You can't bring up any aspect about this discussion and ignore the major aspect, which is that this drives media coverage. That means that this issue will stay in the public and will make its way into the locker room. With Tebow, it took all of less than a day for that to happen.

Elway has to be wiser than that.

rock
11-22-2011, 03:08 PM
You do realize it wasn't just "Tebowmaniacs" questioning him right?

Radio hosts in Denver were asking why he said that. Brandon Spano Twitter:

1) These Monday morning Elway interviews are quite possibly the most devastating conversations that I have ever seen an NFL executive have..

2) In the middle of a season. I dont think anybody has ever done more damage to one player on a weekly basis than John Elway is doing to #15

Spider
11-22-2011, 03:24 PM
good grief tebowners ............ruining the Bronco fan base

bronco militia
11-22-2011, 03:44 PM
John Elway hates Tebow so much, that he waived Kyle Orton

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 03:47 PM
John Elway hates Tebow so much, that he waived Kyle Orton

I really hope your are not insinuating one has anything to do with the other. Letting Orton go has absolutely nothing to do with TT or if Elway likes him etc. If that was the case they would have dumped him two months ago.

bronco militia
11-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I really hope your are not insinuating one has anything to do with the other. Letting Orton go has absolutely nothing to do with TT or if Elway likes him etc. If that was the case they would have dumped him two months ago.

nothing gets past this guy LOL

I was being ironical

bendog
11-22-2011, 03:50 PM
You do realize it wasn't just "Tebowmaniacs" questioning him right?

Radio hosts in Denver were asking why he said that. Brandon Spano Twitter:

1) These Monday morning Elway interviews are quite possibly the most devastating conversations that I have ever seen an NFL executive have..

2) In the middle of a season. I dont think anybody has ever done more damage to one player on a weekly basis than John Elway is doing to #15

Den meida coverage of "Tim" is tebowmania driven.

Br0nc0Buster
11-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Its actually pretty easy to understand where Elway is coming from, you just have to actually be a Broncos fan, not a Tebow fanboy

Team needs to get better on third, Tebow needs to throw the ball better

Jury is still out on whether Tebow and this kind of offense can sustain longterm success

Tebow is getting his chance, he is a big boy, he can handle it

I also remember Von Miller being the only player Elway said something about that could of possibly be construed as negative, and that is when he made a comment about how he might or might not fit in our defense before the draft

He had only positive things to say about every other player

So I take Elway's word with a grain of salt, he doesnt really seem to give much away as far as which way he is leaning, for all I know he loves Tebow and plans on him being the starter for next year

ChrisToker
11-22-2011, 04:08 PM

Tebow is not our QB of the future but im sure as hell pissed off if we get rid of the kid. I wish that his die hard fans wouldnt freak out when i say drafting a qb 1st rd that is also mobile with better arm to manage majority of passing load and Tebow in for grind time (w/ surprise air attack). Belive me the last person that would get mad at qb's sharing time would be Tebow if it delivered wins.

Bronco Yoda
11-22-2011, 05:09 PM
It's Elway's job to be level headed while everything else around him get's goofy.

epicSocialism4tw
11-22-2011, 05:10 PM
It's Elway's job to be level headed while everything else around him get's goofy.

That includes not adding fuel to the goofiness fire.

ScottXray
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
what everyone seems to forget is how much better the D is playing now. Yeah the broncs are winning, but timmy seems to get all the credit. i think elway is smarter than this.

But at least in part I think that the Defense is playing HARDER because they respect that Tebow is a "football player" and not just a QB. I honestly think that with Orton they would have more of the old tendencies to mail it in once they got behind because they didn't believe he could engineer any comebacks.

Hard to prove any of it but Tebow seems to elevate everyones play....

TonyR
11-22-2011, 05:59 PM
How many of those third downs were 3 and 8 where McCoy ran the damn ball?

I don't know but I'm holding my breath here hoping you'll tell us...

milehighJC
11-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Was listening to this on Dave Logan's show this afternoon. Crap like this makes me embarrassed to call myself a Broncos fan. The abject stupidity of SOME "Broncos fans" just blows my mind.

Paladin
11-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Why are you surprised? All you have to do is come to this board, and you can see it every day.....

Teboners are tearing this team apart.......

milehighJC
11-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Why are you surprised? All you have to do is come to this board, and you can see it every day.....

Sadly, Im not. I used to come to this board a lot to read good football debate. It still can be found, but you have to look past so much crap to find it anymore.

Blew me away back early in the season, was working in Ohio and the sports talk stations were playing clips of radio call-ins from Denver and laughing at our fans. I couldn't care less what other people think, but was interesting to me that it was bad enough that the REST of the country was paying attention to it.

jc

Mile High Mojoe
11-23-2011, 04:39 PM

You see I believe in the polar opposite here. The Broncos have won 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5. They were team wins to be sure but Tebow has brought something to this team that was sorely lacking which is an intense passion and a will to win.

It’s spread with the help of Miller as while. I get excited by that idea, very excited. Mainly because winning no matter how it is happens is a way better thing than losing. So why b**** about fans getting excited, why is that so horrible? Please explain and damn it don’t call me a Teboner either, it makes you sound like you’re a friend of the fellows.

Agamemnon
11-23-2011, 04:43 PM
You see I believe in the polar opposite here. The Broncos have won 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5. They were team wins to be sure but Tebow has brought something to this team that was sorely lacking which is an intense passion and a will to win.

It’s spread with the help of Miller as while. I get excited by that idea, very excited. Mainly because winning no matter how it is happens is a way better thing than losing. So why b**** about fans getting excited, why is that so horrible? Please explain and damn it don’t call me a Teboner either, it makes you sound like you’re a friend of the fellows.

Believing in a guy that has played all of eight games and has managed to go 5-3 in that span makes you a bad fan. It's better to blindly go along with whatever Elway says, because he was a really good player years ago. That's the good fans. They know it's perfectly reasonable for a Broncos football executive to feed the Tebow criticism machine during a win streak. To think otherwise means you are tearing this team apart...

Mile High Mojoe
11-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Believing in a guy that has played all of eight games and has managed to go 5-3 in that span makes you a bad fan. It's better to blindly go along with whatever Elway says, because he was a really good player years ago. That's the good fans. They know it's perfectly reasonable for a Broncos football executive to feed the Tebow criticism machine during a win streak. To think otherwise means you are tearing this team apart...

I guess I'm a bad fan then, the worst. What I don't understand is why we don't just enjoy the ride for now and look to the Chargers game then the next one after that. The spin and hate on Tebow on this board just makes me ill, when he starts stinking up the place I'll be the first one out with knifes but what gets lost is the very idea of winning. I guess some Broncos Fans, even Elway just can't believe it nor want to accept it yet. That is the real irony.

RMT
11-23-2011, 05:30 PM

Exactly - before it was that we "weren't winning" and now it's HOW we're winning ... I for one am far less interested in the LONG term than I am concerned about the NEAR term, especially with a playoff spot on the line. At least we're contending - which is better than what a vast majority of us Broncos' fans were expecting going into this season.

I prefer to win ugly than lose pretty - for now. Give Tebow a full off-season where he can work on his passing game before "passing" judgment (pun intended). Tebow has intangibles that are far more difficult to instill in a player than improving one's mechanics. At least he's humble enough to know he can improve - that alone is refreshing.

CEH
11-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Must see TV this weekend when Shannon sits down with Tebow
I'm hearing finally Tebow will admit that maybe just maybe his high school and college coaches let him down in his development as a passer. So we can shift the blame onto the proper coaches who failed Tebow when he was developing as a quarterback. All the posters who want to blame Fox or Josh need to tune in

Armchair Bronco
11-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Must see TV this weekend when Shannon sits down with Tebow
I'm hearing finally Tebow will admit that maybe just maybe his high school and college coaches let him down in his development as a passer. So we can shift the blame onto the proper coaches who failed Tebow when he was developing as a quarterback. All the posters who want to blame Fox or Josh need to tune in

I'm not blaming Fox for this. But I have said that at this point in Tebow's career, maybe he should just stick with his current unorthodox throwing motion.

Apparently, Tebow was "coached up" by some 90-year-old guy prior to the NFL Draft; then McStalin left his imprint, and now Fox & McCoy are trying to put their stamp on Tebow's mechanics. Fox & Crew aren't to blame, but IMO they are just making the situation worse. Let Tebow "revert" to his baseball pitch throwing style!

TailgateNut
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
3 for 13 is bad, but how many of those plays were runs? Or shovel passes, bubble screens etc. This is a direct reflection of McCoy, hence we had the same problem with Orton

No it's a reflection of Timbows limited skill-set.

Armchair Bronco
11-23-2011, 07:25 PM

If this is what Elway has planned for a 3-game winning streak (and a 4-1 record overall), then I can't wait to hear his comments once Tebow drops a game.

Anyone remember that scene from the Rocky Horror Picture Show when Riff Raff is talking to his sister Magenta near the end of the movie?

Riff Raff:

"Our noble mission is almost completed my most beautiful sister, soon we will return to the moon-drenched shores of our 'androgenous' planet."

Audience:

"If that's your beautiful sister, we'd hate to see your ugly one!"

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5z4ehAMhN1qzotz6o1_400.jpg

Paladin
11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
No it's a reflection of Timbows limited skill-set.

Wait til I get my popcorn........

BTW, I agree......

Got popcorn. Here we go........

barryr
11-23-2011, 07:39 PM

Tearing this team apart? Yeah, the team is doing poorly as of late. Those that want to hate Tebow for stupid crap, such as hating him because they don't like the people who root for him, just post stupid crap daily around here.

fontaine
11-24-2011, 10:14 AM

No this is where you're wrong.

Elway on the same show made it routinely clear that Orton has to do a better job of taking care of the ball when Orton was turning it over 6/7 times in his 4 starts and said it every week on his show.

Where were all the crying fans then on how Elway was a novice GM and was unfairly criticizing and not supporting the starting QB?

Elway HASN'T changed. He still tries to give straightforward answers to questions people want to know about. But now that people all of a sudden don't like him holding Tebow to the same standards (while constantly praising his other abilities) it's Elway vs Tebow.

All it takes is a little bit of patience to sit back and enjoy the Broncos actually winning and playing complimentary football instead of buying into the pointless scrutiny of Elway's body language, facial expression, every word that isn't full of praise vs every single pass Tebow attempts.

fontaine
11-24-2011, 10:18 AM
If this is what Elway has planned for a 3-game winning streak (and a 4-1 record overall), then I can't wait to hear his comments once Tebow drops a game.

Oh noes, it's the GM/Front Office police!!

DenverBrit
11-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Tearing this team apart? Yeah, the team is doing poorly as of late. Those that want to hate Tebow for stupid crap, such as hating him because they don't like the people who root for him, just post stupid crap daily around here.

More like.....

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Mahatma Gandhi

TonyR
All it takes is a little bit of patience to sit back and enjoy the Broncos actually winning and playing complimentary football instead of buying into the pointless scrutiny of Elway's body language, facial expression, every word that isn't full of praise vs every single pass Tebow attempts.

Yup. Not sure why the Tebow worshippers feel so compelled to play the persecuted victim card. Odd.

barryr
Can Tebow have at least one training camp with the starters and a stable offense before labeling him anything?

barryr
11-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Yup. Not sure why the Tebow worshippers feel so compelled to play the persecuted victim card. Odd.

I don't know why the Tebow haters spend so much time bitching about threads and posts about Tebow as they make more posts and threads about Tebow themselves. Brilliant stuff.

barryr
11-24-2011, 10:28 AM
More like.....

Based on posts in a football forum. Wow, so enlightened.

TonyR
11-24-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't know why the Tebow...

I don't know. You'll have to ask a "Tebow hater" about this...

barryr
11-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I don't know. You'll have to ask a "Tebow hater" about this...

When you post "Tebow worshippers", that is what it appears. I doubt if someone liked Elway, you would be calling them Elway worshippers. So

DenverBrit
11-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Based on posts in a football forum. Wow, so enlightened.

Strike a nerve? Too close to home? I know you hate the truth, but really!

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Lolad
11-24-2011, 10:51 AM
3rd downs have a lot to do with the play calling. The only player since elway who I thought could consistently convert 3rd and long situations was Cutler.

Tim is not yet developed as a passer to hit passes on 3rd downs, especially when he isn't given rhythm throws to ease him into the game. His skill set is limited because he has only played in 8 games and only 1 off season.

I don't mind Elway drafting a QB I think he will need to, If the "Team" keeps winning and he throws future picks out the window for a rookie QB there will be hell.

barryr
11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Strike a nerve? Too close to home? I know you hate the truth, but really!

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

LOL, you and the truth hardly go together. Here's some advice: Try rooting for the team to win without rooting for Tebow to fail unless proving a point to people you don't even know is more important of course.

Agamemnon
11-24-2011, 12:04 PM
No this is where you're wrong.

Elway on the same show made it routinely clear that Orton has to do a better job of taking care of the ball when Orton was turning it over 6/7 times in his 4 starts and said it every week on his show.

Where were all the crying fans then on how Elway was a novice GM and was unfairly criticizing and not supporting the starting QB?

Elway HASN'T changed. He still tries to give straightforward answers to questions people want to know about. But now that people all of a sudden don't like him holding Tebow to the same standards (while constantly praising his other abilities) it's Elway vs Tebow.

The point is that Elway needs to shut the **** up about our players. It's pointless blather that helps no one, and in the case of Tebow only serves to feed the media circus. Football execs don't do this crap, but apparently Elway is playing with a different rulebook or something.

Agamemnon
11-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Can Tebow have at least one training camp with the starters and a stable offense before labeling him anything?

Clearly not.

DenverBrit
11-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Try rooting for the team to win without rooting for Tebow to fail unless proving a point to people you don't even know is more important of course.

Obtuse as ever.

Find one post where I wanted Tebow to fail.

I have always been about the 'team' but as usual, it all goes way over your head.

oubronco
11-24-2011, 12:14 PM
The point is that Elway needs to shut the **** up about our players. It's pointless blather that helps no one, and in the case of Tebow only serves to feed the media circus. Football execs don't do this crap, but apparently Elway is playing with a different rulebook or something.

Well he did say this about Tebow so maybe you need to shut the **** up

“”I am very hopeful that Tim Tebow is our guy,” Elway said. “”Am I absolutely positive at this point in time? No I’m not. I want to believe that and that’s what I want to happen.

“”It would be absolutely wonderful for the Denver Broncos and Denver Bronco fans if Tim Tebow could become that franchise guy. And believe me we’re all hopeful he can be that guy. He’s come in and won four of the past five games and he’s played well. You’re not always going to make great strides week-in and week-out because you have ups and downs. But what I want to emphasize is, we’re all hopeful Tim’s the guy. I wish I had that crystal ball to be able to say that he absolutely is or _ I don’t want to say he’s not because I don’t believe that. But it’s hard to say if Tim Tebow is absolutely that guy, We’re very hopeful that he is.”

barryr
11-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Obtuse as ever.

Find one post where I wanted Tebow to fail.

I have always been about the 'team' but as usual, it all goes way over your head.

Dumb as usual. Hard to find posts about "the team" with your posts about "Tebow fans" like rooting for one is not rooting for the other. Are there Miller fans? Are there Champ fans? Can they not root for them and the team or is it not allowed for Tebow to have his fans? You guys just keep posting stupid crap about Tebow, then complain too much attention is made about him. Geez.

~Crash~
11-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Elway is right tim needs to be better . good thing is he can be better . it is called a full off season of work.

DenverBrit
11-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Dumb as usual. Hard to find posts about "the team" with your posts about "Tebow fans" like rooting for one is not rooting for the other. Are there Miller fans? Are there Champ fans? Can they not root for them and the team or is it not allowed for Tebow to have his fans? You guys just keep posting stupid crap about Tebow, then complain too much attention is made about him. Geez.

Again, more gibberish.

How about backing up your assertions by producing one or more of these posts you attribute to me??

Or at least have the integrity to admit you're lying.

Spider
11-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Again, more gibberish.

How about backing up your assertions by producing one or more of these posts you attribute to me??

LMAO it is Barry , on my thread they accuse me of bashing Tebow, when I am clearly bashing Teboners ..... ;D .....

Requiem
11-24-2011, 10:27 PM

He has no integrity and is a compulsive liar. You should have seen the sick emails he sent me years ago. GROSS.

Spider
11-24-2011, 10:59 PM
The point is that Elway needs to shut the **** up about our players.

LMAO you phoney bastard

mhgaffney
11-25-2011, 02:55 AM
We've all been wondering this same thing for years now.

Since when do you presume to speak for the board?

Jerk.

barryr
11-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Again, more gibberish.

Ah, if you were that important to research, but you just aren't, especially since you are one to talk about admitting to being wrong.

barryr
11-25-2011, 06:56 AM
LMAO it is Barry , on my thread they accuse me of bashing Tebow, when I am clearly bashing Teboners ..... ;D .....

Ah, time for the circle jerks top the rescue LOL

barryr
11-25-2011, 06:59 AM
He has no integrity and is a compulsive liar. You should have seen the sick emails he sent me years ago. GROSS.

Ah, the circle jerks continue. Sick emails? Projecting is something you constantly do since it was you who was sending numerous "sick" emails and messages and it wasn't me who got banned was it? Nice try Skippy LOL Seek some help.

Spider
11-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Ah, time for the circle jerks top the rescue LOL

LOL circle jerk ? dude everything that has been said about you has been on the money

DenverBrit
11-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Ah, if you were that important to research, but you just aren't, especially since you are one to talk about admitting to being wrong.

Lying and incoherent all in one sentence. Well done.