PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow interviewed by Skip Bayless - 11am Eastern ESPN 2

Dagmar
11-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Tebow Time. 11E. ESPN2. #WhenSkipMeetsTebow. Be there.

This will be entertaining... :spit:

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Where Bayless will perform the first on air blow job on tv.....

Dagmar
11-22-2011, 08:48 AM
#ESPN 2 does indeed have a countdown to TEBOW Time. #WhenSkipMeetsTebow t.co/SlfUgYoh

Oh ESPN...

RhymesayersDU
11-22-2011, 08:51 AM
WHAT? ESPiN?? ESPiN SUCKS BRO!!

/typical omane dork

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 08:53 AM
WHAT? ESPiN?? ESPiN SUCKS BRO!!

/typical omane dork

EAST COAST BIAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:01 AM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/inp1.gif

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Tebow: "lol this is too gay. hanging up"

BroncoDoug
11-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Haha, he was like eff this, duces!

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 09:11 AM
Tebow: "lol this is too gay. hanging up"

LOL

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Ooooooooooooooh juicy Elway time.

BroncoDoug
11-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Skip is just baiting him to bash anyone and everyone... Timmy not taking it

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:14 AM
lol Tebow is way TOO classy sometimes.

I would've answered that Elway question with, "Well I'm not sure if we know anymore about our Front Office than we did 6 weeks ago either."

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:16 AM
I like how he just laughed when they mentioned Jake Plummer

jhns
11-22-2011, 09:18 AM

I would've answered that Elway question with, "Well I'm not sure if we know anymore about our Front Office than we did 6 weeks ago either."

LOL Was just going to post something similar.

He should refuse to say anything positive as he talks about everything Elway needs to improve on. Maybe tell us that McDaniels really gave us the best chance to win.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:18 AM
TGN's head just exploded if he's watching this.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 09:23 AM

I'm still loling at how he high-roaded the NFL network crew after the Jets game. I thought Marshall Faulk was going to spontaneously combust.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:26 AM

I still do not see anything wrong with what Elway said....Everyone asked to hold off until the end of the season to evaluate Tim....Elway's doing the same and his due diligence scouting QB's....

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:31 AM
I still do not see anything wrong with what Elway said....Everyone asked to hold off until the end of the season to evaluate Tim....Elway's doing the same and his due diligence scouting QB's....

::)

go_broncos
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM

Yeah..but, the front office should not speak like that.That's the basic thing.
This is the reason Tebow doesn't thank Elway or even Fox.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:37 AM

oh come on, he's given Tim credit the entire time. He's also said that 3rd down conversion rates need to get better. He never said anything that Tim had to throw for more third downs, if he said this, I believe it would be detrimental to Tim.

Tebow is the same now as he was 6 weeks ago. Competitive, Hard Working, a Leader, an A+ runner, and a work in progress passer. If by the end of the season, he can make 4 to 5 more throws a game, this won't be an issue. I do think he is making a great amount of improvement. He is seeing things quicker then in the Detroit game.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:38 AM
oh come on, he's given Tim credit the entire time. He's also said that 3rd down conversion rates need to get better. He never said anything that Tim had to throw for more third downs, if he said this, I believe it would be detrimental to Tim.

Tebow is the same now as he was 6 weeks ago. Competitive, Hard Working, a Leader, an A+ runner, and a work in progress passer. If by the end of the season, he can make 4 to 5 more throws a game, this won't be an issue. I do think he is making a great amount of improvement. He is seeing things quicker then in the Detroit game.

You seriously believe that?

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:38 AM

Bull ****....other teams say similar things and no one bats an eye. Fitzpatrick was not given a vote of confidence last year by Gailey until the end of the season. Guess what, they scouted all the QB's in the draft and passed on them too...

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 09:42 AM
I'm still loling at how he high-roaded the NFL network crew after the Jets game. I thought Marshall Faulk was going to spontaneously combust.

Faulk is a Bronco hater. I'm not sure why, but he really doesn't like us.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Bull ****....other teams say similar things and no one bats an eye. Fitzpatrick was not given a vote of confidence last year by Gailey until the end of the season. Guess what, they scouted all the QB's in the draft and passed on them too...

Nov 2010:

Asked if there was any way he could imagine Fitzpatrick not being the starting quarterback next year, Gailey said: "Today? No, there's no way."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article264526.ece

"I don't think there's any question. He's already done that this year, and I think he will continue to do it. If that was my biggest problem, I wouldn't have any problems."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-10/buffalo-bills-team-report-gailey-confident-in-fitzpatrick#ixzz1eSAJw6qm

Jan 2011:

How committed is the coach to Fitzpatrick as the starting quarterback in 2011?

"Very committed," Gailey said

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article301327.ece

---------------------------------------------

If you're going to make **** up, might want to try and make up something that isn't so easily proven wrong.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Faulk is a Bronco hater. I'm not sure why, but he really doesn't like us.

TD envy.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:44 AM
You seriously believe that?

I think the only thing that has improved has been his "processor"....I think the game is slowing down for him.

It's going to take the 1st WR's to get used to him and vice versa. I hope this and an improvement in footwork translates to those 4 to 5 more competitions a game.

I'll say it again, I like Tebow, I want him to succeed here but I want to see him over the course of a season.

jhns
11-22-2011, 09:45 AM

I never hear teams refuse to commit for the season to a QB that completely their season around. Not once.

It doesn't matter much, but you look like an idiot when you claim Orton gives the team the best chance to win and Tebow just needs to get better. 1-4 vs 4-1 is laughing at the stupidity.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Nov 2010:

Asked if there was any way he could imagine Fitzpatrick not being the starting quarterback next year, Gailey said: "Today? No, there's no way."

"I don't think there's any question. He's already done that this year, and I think he will continue to do it. If that was my biggest problem, I wouldn't have any problems."

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-11-10/buffalo-bills-team-report-gailey-confident-in-fitzpatrick#ixzz1eSAJw6qm

Jan 2011:

If you're going to make **** up, might want to try and make up something that isn't so easily proven wrong.

I didn't make a thing up. I was off by a month. Gailey didn't make those comments 6 games into the season about him, did he?

Also, they said they are committed to him but yet still scouted college QB's....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26003/dilfer-nfl-will-drool-over-cam-newton

Good teams do that, you have to know what is available. This team has drafted poorly for so long, that when they do something intelligent, they're chastised???

KO5K
I think the only thing that has improved has been his "processor"....I think the game is slowing down for him.

His passing from Miami to the Jets game has improved noticeably. He was missing guys by 10 foot left, right and centre against Miami whereas now, most of his throws are catch-able.

My issue is that his passing from last year to the Jets game seems to have regressed. I was watching some highlights from the Texans game yesterday and damn, he looked pretty good.

I'm hoping that he's just making a conscious effort to put the ball in a place only his receiver can get it and is completely over thinking it and ends up making it even difficult for his receiver to make the catch. I think as he gets more comfortable, we'll see a big improvement.

BroncoBeavis

I was watching the onfield interview at on Thursday. Faulk looked like he was either fighting a sneeze or having a mild stroke the whole time he was off camera. Didn't look happy to be there in any case.

Steve Prefontaine
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Which is it?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 09:51 AM
I was watching the onfield interview at on Thursday. Faulk looked like he was either fighting a sneeze or having a mild stroke the whole time he was off camera. Didn't look happy to be there in any case.

I was literally loling at the look on his face. It was pure seething butthurt channeled onto his face and out of his eyes.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Which is it?

should be, my opinion of Tebow is the same now as it was 6 weeks ago....I probably shouldn't work and type at the same time.

BroncoBen
11-22-2011, 09:53 AM

Faulk is just a Bronco hater... has been for years. Don't know why.. that is fine he just wears it on his sleeve too much, shouldn't be so obvious.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
I didn't make a thing up. I was off by a month. Gailey didn't make those comments 6 games into the season about him, did he?

Also, they said they are committed to him but yet still scouted college QB's....

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26003/dilfer-nfl-will-drool-over-cam-newton

Good teams do that, you have to know what is available. This team has drafted poorly for so long, that when they do something intelligent, they're chastised???

That's what we're ****ing talking about!

Holy ****!

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:56 AM
That's what we're ****ing talking about!

Holy ****!

this better?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/20/buddy-nix-perfect-time-for-bills-to-draft-a-quarterback/

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 09:59 AM
this better?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/20/buddy-nix-perfect-time-for-bills-to-draft-a-quarterback/

Yup. Because when a GM tells you he wants to draft a specific position right before the draft, that's probably completely legit.

BroncoInferno
11-22-2011, 10:01 AM

I think the point is that Gailey carefully gave Fitzpatrick a public vote of confidence (note how he said "Today?" in one comment, thus saying something positive without commiting to the future) without necessarily saying he was the QBOTF. Elway's statements to the press may be honest, but what good comes from making those kinds of public statements? He should just take a page from Gailey and say, "Tim is our QB right now. We'll continue to evaluate things going forward." End of story.

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 10:02 AM
In the debate that followed the interview, the consensus opinion is that Tebow will not be Denver's QB and that Elway will end up trading him.

Skip kept saying "I'm sorry Broncos fans, you're not gonna like this. But Tim Tebow will not be your quarterback next year."

BroncoBeavis
11-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Yup. Because when a GM tells you he wants to draft a specific position right before the draft, that's probably completely legit.

Obviously. Which is why they took a DL with the 3rd overall pick. Because it was the perfect time to draft a QB. :D

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 10:16 AM
There is no way Elway trades Tebow.

He wants a sure fire to rile everyone up and start asking for his head? That will do it.

The kid is winning let him keep winning, winning sells seats, tickets etc.

Shotgun Willie
11-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Elway's statements to the press may be honest, but what good comes from making those kinds of public statements? He should just take a page from Gailey and say, "Tim is our QB right now. We'll continue to evaluate things going forward." End of story.

Think about it. What motivates Tebow?

How many commercials are out there with Tebow in them saying things like:

They said I could never do this, but then I did it.

For some folks, they'd crumble under this kind of scrutiny. But it seems to me that Elway could be simply using the very tactic that Tebow by his very own statements has admitted to using to motivate him.

ludo21
11-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Elway is doing the right things imo.

If they are not scouting every position for this years draft including the QB spot, they are stupid.

We all know that Thursday performance by Tebow wont get it done vs most offensive powerhosues in this league

alkemical
11-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Think about it. What motivates Tebow?

How many commercials are out there with Tebow in them saying things like:

They said I could never do this, but then I did it.

For some folks, they'd crumble under this kind of scrutiny. But it seems to me that Elway could be simply using the very tactic that Tebow by his very own statements has admitted to using to motivate him.

"Prove me wrong"

montrose
11-22-2011, 10:35 AM
In the debate that followed the interview, the consensus opinion is that Tebow will not be Denver's QB and that Elway will end up trading him.

Skip kept saying "I'm sorry Broncos fans, you're not gonna like this. But Tim Tebow will not be your quarterback next year."

A fair, and likely, assesment. My previous thought was the Broncos wouldn't take a QB in round 1 unless it was Luck - someone they absolutly loved. In lieu of recent events, I believe they'll make an offer to move up for Luck but they've simply won too many games and they'll settle for the highest rated QB on their board when they're pick arrives. They'll then move Tebow by any means necessary (including cutting him if they have to). Not necessarily what I think is right, but what I'd currently guess will happen.

Gort
11-22-2011, 10:37 AM
people should get ready... it may well turn out that we look back on McD's tenure here as HC more fondly than we will Elway's tenure as Exec. VP. Elway might destroy this franchise trying to find another "Elway" in draft after draft after draft.

vonqkilla
11-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Gonna be the messiest divorce ever.

All this stupid controversy could be avoided if John would just duck the quesyion and say

” we are focused on beating san diego”

That's all that matters.

AlphaSeirra
11-22-2011, 10:47 AM
LOL Was just going to post something similar.

He should refuse to say anything positive as he talks about everything Elway needs to improve on.

Maybe tell us that McDaniels really gave us the best chance to win.

^ This ^ LOL

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I think the point is that Gailey carefully gave Fitzpatrick a public vote of confidence (note how he said "Today?" in one comment, thus saying something positive without commiting to the future) without necessarily saying he was the QBOTF. Elway's statements to the press may be honest, but what good comes from making those kinds of public statements? He should just take a page from Gailey and say, "Tim is our QB right now. We'll continue to evaluate things going forward." End of story.

either way, they still scouted QB's.....it doesn't mean **** if they scout or give you a vote of confidence, if they can find a way to improve the position, they should.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 10:54 AM

All this stupid controversy could be avoided if John would just duck the quesyion and say

That's all that matters.

And then the talking point on the Mane would become "ELWAY REFUSES TO ANSWER QUESTION ABOUT TEBOW BECAUSE HE HATES TEBOW."

Never change, Mane.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
either way, they still scouted QB's.....it doesn't mean **** if they scout or give you a vote of confidence, if they can find a way to improve the position, they should.

More things that have NOTHING to do with his public comments and their stupidity.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
More things that have NOTHING to do with his public comments and their stupidity.

You are so sliding to the tin hat brigade....

HooptyHoops
11-22-2011, 10:59 AM
This is so bizarre to me....we are in the middle of a winning streak, where most fans feel pretty good, most players feel pretty good, most coaches feel pretty good.....but then, Elway says No........

Yep, I have maintained that the Broncos are drafting a QB....if they replace Tebow, I think Elway will lose his fanhood!

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
people should get ready... it may well turn out that we look back on McD's tenure here as HC more fondly than we will Elway's tenure as Exec. VP. Elway might destroy this franchise trying to find another "Elway" in draft after draft after draft.

This is also my fear. We may end up re-living Shannyham's endless quest for a shutdown corner. Little Napoleon kept shooting first-round blanks until he finally ended up trading Portis for Champ. That trade worked out well for us, but the lead-up was a string of failed first rounders.

I predict the same thing will happen with QB's as Elway tries to find someone to vicariously re-live the 1980's and 1990's. Meanwhile, Tebow will have earned a couple of rings with Jacksonville.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
You are so sliding to the tin hat brigade....

Really? Remember our discussion after the Miami game where you lied about several of his passes and I posted photographic evidence to the contrary?

Now today you lying about Buffalo last year because you were looking silly in this discussion, and you've flat out changed topics to "we should do anything we can to improve any position."

No ****. Show one person saying we shouldn't be doing that? The fact of the matter is Elway was more than open to supporting Orton in miserable turnover prone failures, but is adamant in not supporting Tebow as we go on our best win streak in years.

broncocalijohn
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
No "God Bless Jesus" at the beginning of his phone call and then phone died. Coincidence? I think not.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Really? Remember our discussion after the Miami game where you lied about several of his passes and I posted photographic evidence to the contrary?

Now today you lying about Buffalo last year because you were looking silly in this discussion, and you've flat out changed topics to "we should do anything we can to improve any position."

No ****. Show one person saying we shouldn't be doing that? The fact of the matter is Elway was more than open to supporting Orton in miserable turnover prone failures, but is adamant in not supporting Tebow as we go on our best win streak in years.

Just because I don't spend 4 hours a day reviewing film does not mean I lied. Go back to the posts. From the angle on TV of the throw to Felds, the ball looked like a floating duck. You were the one that spent the time finding the screens shots, I then accepted your side. However, you need to be the big man all the time and prove your always right.

All I said is I had no problem with what Elway said or if he scouted other QB's. If he said the same thing about Orton (and Orton had the same record) no one would bat an eye.

You are really on the Magruder level when it comes to a discussion about Tebow.

AlphaSeirra
11-22-2011, 11:10 AM
oh come on, he's given Tim credit the entire time.
He's also said that 3rd down conversion rates need to get better.
He never said anything that Tim had to throw for more third downs, if he said this,
I believe it would be detrimental to Tim.

Tebow is the same now as he was 6 weeks ago.
Competitive, Hard Working, a Leader, an A+ runner, and a work in progress passer.
If by the end of the season, he can make 4 to 5 more throws a game, this won't be an issue.
I do think he is making a great amount of improvement.
He is seeing things quicker then in the Detroit game.

This might have some validity and not sound so stupid IF:

If you didn't know that Tim averaged 27 passes/game in his 3 starts in 2010.
That was BEFORE the Elway/Fox Combo and while running a 'normal' NFL offense.

Elway/Fox get a D- for;
~ trading away the #2 2010 WR Gaffney, Skins #1 WR.
~ trading away the #1 2010 WR Lloyd, after benching Orton.
Instead Tebow has to be their Comp.% scapegoat. (bas-tads)

And dissing on Tim's passing might make some sense if you didn't
know that Tim had the best 2010 Rookie PER at 82.4.
(while Elway's rookie PER was a sterling 54)

Fox saying that Tebow would be 'screwed' has NO EXCUSE imoho, making Fox an asswipe.
And before Tebow started in 2011, Fox had a LOSING NLF W/L coaching record.
Tebow bailed out Fox's W/L Record, not the other way around.

Crying and whining about Tim's Comp% might be okay,
IF you didn't know that he currently has the
#2 in the NFL TD/Int Ratio behind only A.Rogers.
In Tim's 8 NFL starts, Tim has 21 TD's to 5 Turnovers with a 5-3 W/L record.

As things actually/factually stand though, it just more STU-PID BS imoho. ;)

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
This might have some validity and not sound so stupid IF:

(snip: lots of iron clad stats follow...)

Word. Rep sent.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Just because I don't spend 4 hours a day reviewing film does not mean I lied. Go back to the posts. From the angle on TV of the throw to Felds, the ball looked like a floating duck. You were the one that spent the time finding the screens shots, I then accepted your side. However, you need to be the big man all the time and prove your always right.

All I said is I had no problem with what Elway said or if he scouted other QB's. If he said the same thing about Orton (and Orton had the same record) no one would bat an eye.

You are really on the Magruder level when it comes to a discussion about Tebow.

Not even close. Go look at the thread about Elway scouting QBs and what I say in there. I'm one of the first in that thread to give him props for it. I am also unconvinced. I believe in Tim, but not convinced.

What I don't like or tolerate is when people blatantly lie to trash Tim. Its both senseless and uncalled for and you've done it several times now.

UberBroncoMan
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
No "God Bless Jesus" at the beginning of his phone call and then phone died. Coincidence? I think not.

I like Tebow and respect his faith in his...faith, as much as many do. He does need to tone it down though. In a similar vein, gay people don't annoy me. Gay people who constantly inform me they are gay do. He needs to really reduce the religious jargon. We all know where he's coming from. We all know what he stands for.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Not even close. Go look at the thread about Elway scouting QBs and what I say in there. I'm one of the first in that thread to give him props for it. I am also unconvinced. I believe in Tim, but not convinced.

What I don't like or tolerate is when people blatantly lie to trash Tim. Its both senseless and uncalled for and you've done it several times now.

Where have I trashed him lately? I have stated all along, I do not have an issue with what Elway said. Elway has supported him on many occasions just didn't say he knew after 5 1/2 weeks that Tim was the answer. If stating that he needs to improve on 4 to 5 throws a game is trashing him, you are delusional.

AlphaSeirra
11-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Word. Rep sent.
snip: drivel king

BS unfounded speculation, and media moron inspired opinions to be parroted.... :-*

rugbythug
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
I like Tebow and respect his faith in his...faith, as much as many do. He does need to tone it down though. In a similar vein, gay people don't annoy me. Gay people who constantly inform me they are gay do. He needs to really reduce the religious jargon. We all know where he's coming from. We all know what he stands for.

I have never seen tebow run up to a camera man yelling yay jesus! However when asked a question he should ne allowed a response, nay he is obligated to respond. Stfu if you don't like his responses.

BroncoInferno
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM

No one is criticizing Elway for scouting QBs. He's being criticized because he's making statements to the press that aren't helpful. I mean, c'mon...saying they would consider an Orton or Quinn passing package or whatever the hell that was?

AlphaSeirra
11-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Yeah fine, right after you lose that gay unicorn avatar.... :welcome:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 11:25 AM
No one is criticizing Elway for scouting QBs. He's being criticized because he's making statements to the press that aren't helpful. I mean, c'mon...saying they would consider an Orton or Quinn passing package or whatever the hell that was?

"Might be something we look at" = "we are TOTALLY considering it"

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
BS unfounded speculation, and media moron inspired opinions to be parroted.... :-*

Rep *NOT* sent.

Dedhed
11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
my opinion of Tebow is the same now as it was 6 weeks ago
Wow. Just...wow. If you haven't learned anything about Tebow in the last 6 weeks, I don't think there is anything that can be said.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow. Just...wow. If you haven't learned anything about Tebow in the last 6 weeks, I don't think there is anything that can be said.

read the entire post....

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 11:29 AM
read the entire post....

You're asking too much.

Dedhed
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM

This. It has nothing to do with Elway saying he needs to improve, it's a steadfast lack of support for a young QB who has blown everyone's expectations to smithereens.

That One Guy
11-22-2011, 11:34 AM
I can't exactly figure out where the Fitzpatrick debate has come from or gone but this came out recently:

Asked on ESPN Radio’s Mike and Mike in the Morning when Fitzpatrick became the Bills’ indisputable No. 1 quarterback, Gailey answered, “When we didn’t draft one.”
Gailey added that he had warned Fitzpatrick prior to the lockout that if the Bills got a chance to select the best quarterback in the draft, they’d do it, and that would mean Fitzpatrick wouldn’t be their quarterback of the future.
“That’s exactly what we told Ryan,” Gailey said. “If we thought there was a guy there that was the next ten-, twelve-, fifteen-year guy, we might go that direction. I just wanted him to be mentally prepared for that, so I was trying to be straight up with him.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/04/ryan-fitzpatrick-can-thank-the-panthers-for-his-new-contract/

So whether Gailey had said they would look elsewhere or said Fitzpatrick was the answer, they were just going to evaluate their options and it would've been lip service.

UberBroncoMan
11-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I have never seen tebow run up to a camera man yelling yay jesus! However when asked a question he should ne allowed a response, nay he is obligated to respond. Stfu if you don't like his responses.

I mean him always thanking Jesus at the start of national interviews as of late.

Yeah fine, right after you lose that gay unicorn avatar.... :welcome:

We had a thread on here about unicorns a while back. That's why I made it...it is a bit gay though, huh?

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Where have I trashed him lately? I have stated all along, I do not have an issue with what Elway said. Elway has supported him on many occasions just didn't say he knew after 5 1/2 weeks that Tim was the answer. If stating that he needs to improve on 4 to 5 throws a game is trashing him, you are delusional.

Hmmmmm

BroncoInferno
11-22-2011, 11:36 AM
"Might be something we look at" = "we are TOTALLY considering it"

Can you not see how that is a pretty negative statement to make? In effect, "We might look at having a passing package of plays for the guy who we demoted because he wasn't passing well." Hardly a ringing endorsement for the current starter.

Look, Elway's made some valid criticisms. I don't blame him in the slightest for not hitching his wagon to Tebow just yet. But he really needs to learn how to play the "coachspeak" game when dealing with the press. His less than enthusiastic statements accomplish nothing other than giving the media more red meat to tear into.

Dagmar
11-22-2011, 11:38 AM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/vuvu.gif

That's your posts there.

Dagmar
11-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Rick Reilly is pissed that Tebow said he loves Jesus more than Reilly loves his wife. You can't make this **** up.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 11:40 AM
Hmmmmm

and that is trashing him? You are absolutely bat **** crazy.

vonqkilla
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
I really think its time Gary Zimmerman takes over P Smythes job at dove valley.

Phone rings, click.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 11:45 AM
and that is trashing him? You are absolutely bat **** crazy.

Well its actually more justifying a bs opinion with lies but achieves the same end, no?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Can you not see how that is a pretty negative statement to make? In effect, "We might look at having a passing package of plays for the guy who we demoted because he wasn't passing well." Hardly a ringing endorsement for the current starter.

Look, Elway's made some valid criticisms. I don't blame him in the slightest for not hitching his wagon to Tebow just yet. But he really needs to learn how to play the "coachspeak" game when dealing with the press. His less than enthusiastic statements accomplish nothing other than giving the media more red meat to tear into.

Honestly? No, I can't see how that's a negative statement.

The team brought in Royal to run some **** out of the backfield. Is that a negative statement about McGahee? Of course not. It's called using all the tools in your toolbox.

Look. We had five drives start inside Jet territory last week. We ended up with three points. Everyone was talking about thinking outside of the box at the beginning of the season, and now everyone's closed off to that idea because it's Tebow who's the starter now. And I get it. We're winning, he's fun to watch, I get it.

But Elway didn't come out and say that Orton and Quinn are going to be taking snaps this week. He didn't say Tebow sucks and we hate him. He didn't say "it's obvious that Tim is never going to get it." He said he wants to see Tim improve. Saying "that might be something we look at," is something for San Diego's coaching staff to think on and possibly prepare for, taking away from their preparations for Tebow and the option we've been running.

Wow, I just think this has been blown completely out of proportion.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Nov 2010:

Jan 2011:

thanks to That One Guy for this...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/04/ryan-fitzpatrick-can-thank-the-panthers-for-his-new-contract/

go ahead Rev, let's get the super spin machine up on this one.

jhns
11-22-2011, 11:52 AM

LOL

That is exactly why you don't say it. You post this and still don't realize the stupidity of your side of the argument. I think you missed your sped bus...

Elway is just showing that he us honest. That honesty is showing that he isn't qualified for his job.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
thanks to That One Guy for this...

go ahead Rev, let's get the super spin machine up on this one.

Bertstare.jpeg

Seriously are you an idiot?

That article REINFORCES my point. Gailey could do whatever he wants but publicly he was openly supporting Fitzpatrick.

One last time: NO ONE wants Elway to ignore potentially improving the position. The issue is his public remarks and blatant disregard for what Tim has brought to a piss poor ball club.

jhns
11-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Bertstare.jpeg

That article REINFORCES my point. Gailey could do whatever he wants but publicly he was openly supporting Fitzpatrick.

One last time: NO ONE wants Elway to ignore potentially improving the position. The issue is his public remarks and blatant disregard for what Tim has brought to a piss poor ball club.

And that wouldn't even look so bad if he hadn't sucked Orton off for months before this.

DrFate
11-22-2011, 11:59 AM
The fact of the matter is Elway was more than open to supporting Orton in miserable turnover prone failures, but is adamant in not supporting Tebow as we go on our best win streak in years.

Repeated, because it deserves repeating

TonyR
11-22-2011, 12:03 PM
His less than enthusiastic statements accomplish nothing other than giving the media more red meat to tear into.

So let the media tear into it. Doesn't change anything. The only thing that matters is winning and losing, and the former fixes all problems.

jhns
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
So let the media tear into it. Doesn't change anything. The only thing that matters is winning and losing, and the former fixes all problems.

PR and player relations don't matter! Says the McFan.

You clearly have slept through the past two years.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Bertstare.jpeg

my point was it doesn't matter either way, they looked at all candidates to improve their team. In scouting Newton, they may have felt he was more valuable than Fitzpatrick. Votes of confidence are pointless.

Also, this backs up the post were you called me a liar? Spin away....

BroncoInferno
11-22-2011, 12:07 PM

It creates unnecessary distractions. Does it negatively impact Tebow, or the team? Who knows. But it might. A good old fashioned dose of "coachspeak" prevents even the possibility.

AlphaSeirra
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
That's your posts there.

WoW! Now I'm just so devastated by your mostly ignorant flames. :welcome:

Now, carry on... :P

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 12:16 PM
my point was it doesn't matter either way, they looked at all candidates to improve their team. In scouting Newton, they may have felt he was more valuable than Fitzpatrick. Votes of confidence are pointless.

Also, this backs up the post were you called me a liar? Spin away....

Let me know when you want to try sticking to a "point" instead of chaning it every post.

Also no, it absolutely does NOT back your post up that you lied in. You said Gailey didn't publicly support Fitz last year, I showed several public quotes showing him doing just that. A private statement post draft about Newton doesn't support that in any way...

Jay3
11-22-2011, 12:19 PM
That answer Tebow gave to Jake Plummer's comments was awesome -- Tim usually gives the same pat answers to all the same questions. It was refreshing to hear an answer he made up on the fly, and which totally pwn3d.

AlphaSeirra
11-22-2011, 12:20 PM
Honestly? No, I can't see how that's a negative statement.

The team brought in Royal to run some **** out of the backfield. Is that a negative statement about McGahee? Of course not. It's called using all the tools in your toolbox.

Look. We had five drives start inside Jet territory last week. We ended up with three points. Everyone was talking about thinking outside of the box at the beginning of the season, and now everyone's closed off to that idea because it's Tebow who's the starter now. And I get it. We're winning, he's fun to watch, I get it.

But Elway didn't come out and say that Orton and Quinn are going to be taking snaps this week. He didn't say Tebow sucks and we hate him. He didn't say "it's obvious that Tim is never going to get it." He said he wants to see Tim improve. Saying "that might be something we look at," is something for San Diego's coaching staff to think on and possibly prepare for, taking away from their preparations for Tebow and the option we've been running.

Tell me, how many TURNOVERS (Ints & Fum)are you willing to have,
in order to have a chance for a few more passing yards?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 12:24 PM
Tell me, how many TURNOVERS (Ints & Fum)are you willing to have,
in order to have a chance for a few more passing yards?

What are you yammering about?

Did you know you can have more pass yards and touchdowns and a generally more effective offense (I'd remind you that they scored 10 points offensively last week) AND have relatively few turnovers? It's true.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 12:31 PM

Let me know when you want to try sticking to a "point" instead of chaning it every post.

Also no, it absolutely does NOT back your post up that you lied in. You said Gailey didn't publicly support Fitz last year, I showed several public quotes showing him doing just that. A private statement post draft about Newton doesn't support that in any way...

read again, I said until the end of the year. I thought it was December, you proved November. Once again, I gave you credit for correcting my error (post 28 or so)...I've shown 2 articles that point to the Bills wanting to draft a QB if the right one fell even though they had their "starter" in Fitz. Not one Bill fan had an issue with this.

My correlation was no one batted an eye when the Bills did this. Elway won't promise Tebow the starter job after the season and scouts players and half the Bronco nation loses their ****. You've illustrated that perfectly.

For the record, my initial post (the one you claim I am lying) is not a lie. I was off by about 2 weeks in my timeframe but accurate. So let's get down to the portion you keep avoiding, where have I lied about Tebow?

jhns
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
read again, I said until the end of the year. I thought it was December, you proved November. Once again, I gave you credit for correcting my error (post 28 or so)...I've shown 2 articles that point to the Bills wanting to draft a QB if the right one fell even though they had their "starter" in Fitz. Not one Bill fan had an issue with this.

My correlation was no one batted an eye when the Bills did this. Elway won't promise Tebow the starter job after the season and scouts players and half the Bronco nation loses their ****. You've illustrated that perfectly.

For the record, my initial post (the one you claim I am lying) is not a lie. I was off by about 2 weeks in my timeframe but accurate. So let's get down to the portion you keep avoiding, where have I lied about Tebow?

You need to learn to read. No one wants him to name next seasons starter. No one has said this. Why do you use a medium based on reading when you can't read?

Dedhed
11-22-2011, 12:35 PM
The only thing that matters is winning and losing, and the former fixes all problems.
You would think so, but clearly that isn't the case.

TonyR
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
You would think so, but clearly that isn't the case.

Oh but it is. You may recall that after the Oakland win Tebow was being annointed. Then after the Detroit game everyone was ready to burn the whole thing down, Tebow included, and start over. Three consecutive wins later we're talking division titles and playoffs and Timmy T's future, and how dare John Elway make some comments suggesting an offense that scored 10 points and went 3/14 on 3rd and 4th down should show some improvement! You're only as good as your last game. Until your next game.

jhns
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Oh but it is. You may recall that after the Oakland win Tebow was being annointed. Then after the Detroit game everyone was ready to burn the whole thing down, Tebow included, and start over. Three consecutive wins later we're talking division titles and playoffs and Timmy T's future, and how dare John Elway make some comments suggesting an offense that scored 10 points and went 3/14 on 3rd and 4th down should show some improvement! You're only as good as your last game. Until your next game.

You mean the last game that we won?

Sounds like only critisism is warranted...

1-4 gives us the best chance to win though. Elway is really making himself look brilliant.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 12:51 PM

2 weeks does not equal 2 months. You said end of season, not early November less than halfway into the football season.

Also, you clearly have no clue what you're arguing about. No one is complaining about the commitment or lack thereof. It's the blatant lack of public support.

Gailey (your example still, not mine) was making those public support statements of Fitzpatrick when he was 0-6 on the season. Far cry from Tim's 4-1 (on a 1-4 team) and getting **** on.

DrFate
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM

It's not as much what he said, as what he didn't say. I think it's accurate to say that Elway/Fox were more supportive of Orton at 1-4 than Tebow at 4-1. We got a constant dose of 'best chance to win' and 'won the open competition'. Remember what Elway said to prop up Orton after the first game?

It's universally agreed that Tebow needs to improve. It's just hard to get an email from a friend of mine who felt Elway looked UNHAPPY in that box when Tebow scored against the Jets.

It would be so easy for Elway/Fox to make 'Tebow needs to improve' the afterthought to 'we are 4-1 under this kid' or 'we are trying to win the division' or whatever. Instead, they seem to go out of their way to make 'Tebow needs to improve' the headline. Week after week.

Bronco Vixen
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM

That's all that matters.

I'm afraid this is will be the case.

No one is asking John to pull a Lovie and publicly proclaim week after week "that Rex is our guy" completely side stepping all concerns, but I just don't understand why he feels the need to consistently make pointed statements that he knows will be controversial. How does that help anyone? Fans, the team, the coaches, Tebow?

What is he really saying that everyone doesn't already know. We all have a pretty good idea of where Elway stands. he doesn't need to keep reminding us publicly week after week. He was a player long enough to know how to side step and duck such questions with the best of them. Just go about your business and let the kid and team develop or not develop.

jhns
11-22-2011, 12:56 PM
It's not as much what he said, as what he didn't say. I think it's accurate to say that Elway/Fox were more supportive of Orton at 1-4 than Tebow at 4-1. We got a constant does of 'best chance to win' and 'won the competition'. Remember what Elway said to prop up Orton after the first game?

It's universally agreed that Tebow needs to improve. It's just hard to get an email from a friend of mine who felt Elway looked UNHAPPY in that box when Tebow scored against the Jets.

It would be so easy for Elway/Fox to make 'Tebow needs to improve' the afterthought to 'we are 4-1 under this kid' or 'we are trying to win the division' or whatever. Instead, they seem to go out of their way to make 'Tebow needs to improve' the headline. Week after week.

To be fair, Fox has been much better the past week or two.

DrFate
11-22-2011, 12:58 PM
To be fair, Fox has been much better the past week or two.

That may be true, but it takes a while to get over “If we were trying to run a regular offense, he’d be screwed.”

cutthemdown
11-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Tebow throws the ball like crap right now. I like the potential of the offense because with the read option we can get a ton of 1 on 1 coverages downfield. But Tebow does need to throw better then he has. No way you can make it in the NFL yr after yr like that. He is winning, the team is fired up, but to be a full time NFL starter you have to throw better on 3rd down.

Why are people so upset Elway says he's not good enough yet? Thats how this stuff works until the QB is established.

I love Tebow though and hope it all works out. Sure is fun watching it unfold.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 01:00 PM
2 weeks does not equal 2 months. You said end of season, not early November less than halfway into the football season.

Also, you clearly have no clue what you're arguing about. No one is complaining about the commitment or lack thereof. It's the blatant lack of public support.

Gailey (your example still, not mine) was making those public support statements of Fitzpatrick when he was 0-6 on the season. Far cry from Tim's 4-1 (on a 1-4 team) and getting **** on.

you do realize that December is the end of the season? There's usually one game in January so I'll give you that. The Bills were not making the playoffs when that was said.

Those are 2 in the same (see bold)....

again, were did I lie about Tim?

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 01:14 PM
you do realize that December is the end of the season? There's usually one game in January so I'll give you that. The Bills were not making the playoffs when that was said.

Those are 2 in the same (see bold)....

again, were did I lie about Tim?

End of season = end of season

Week 8 =/= end of season

In fact, it's not even halfway through...

I feel pity that I have to actually explain that to you.

And sorry for not answering that yet, your posts have been so horrible I've stopped reading before making it that far.

You're lying right here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3345753&postcount=83

And that's even in response to photographic evidence to the contrary.

And once again you lied here in this thread about Buffalo to support your asinine "point".

And again here:

Actually when you consider Fitz didn't start the first two weeks, it was EXACTLY six games into the season for him... lol

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 01:24 PM
End of season = end of season

Week 8 =/= end of season

In fact, it's not even halfway through...

I feel pity that I have to actually explain that to you.

And sorry for not answering that yet, your posts have been so horrible I've stopped reading before making it that far.

You're lying right here:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3345753&postcount=83

And that's even in response to photographic evidence to the contrary.

And once again you lied here in this thread about Buffalo to support your asinine "point".

And again here:

Actually when you consider Fitz didn't start the first two weeks, it was EXACTLY six games into the season for him... lol

wow....you have to bring up the same point over and over again even though even though I said in that thread and earlier today you were right and agreed with you after seeing an angle that wasn't available live. The "lying" about the time frame in Buffalo has little to do with Tim. So I ask you again, for the fourth time, where I have lied about Tebow since that Miami game? Please try to find something more useful than revisionist crap.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
wow....you have to bring up the same point over and over again even though even though I said in that thread and earlier today you were right and agreed with you after seeing an angle that wasn't available live. The "lying" about the time frame in Buffalo has little to do with Tim. So I ask you again, for the fourth time, where I have lied about Tebow since that Miami game? Please try to find something more useful than revisionist crap.

Okay, so what you're saying is that you weren't lying and that you're just that stupid?

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Okay, so what you're saying is that you weren't lying and that you're just that stupid?

wow...my observation of live footage is now either lying or that I'm stupid. Sorry I don't spend all my time obsessing over football. In football knowledge, you're smarter....I'll give you that.

ludo21
11-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Arguing back and forth is making my day.

keep it going

That One Guy
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm afraid this is will be the case.

No one is asking John to pull a Lovie and publicly proclaim week after week "that Rex is our guy" completely side stepping all concerns, but I just don't understand why he feels the need to consistently make pointed statements that he knows will be controversial. How does that help anyone? Fans, the team, the coaches, Tebow?

What is he really saying that everyone doesn't already know. We all have a pretty good idea of where Elway stands. he doesn't need to keep reminding us publicly week after week. He was a player long enough to know how to side step and duck such questions with the best of them. Just go about your business and let the kid and team develop or not develop.

In my opinion, Elway and Fox still resent the fanbase for forcing Tebow on them. At least if they had the chance to make the switch when they were ready, they could take claim for his current successes. Right now, if Fox and Elway embrace Tebow, they're also embracing the fact that the fans knew what was best for the team better than Elway and Fox did.

While they might not want to lose, Elway and Fox were most vindicated for their stance after the Lions game and look like complete idiots after the other Tebow wins. Their only way to declare victory on this whole thing is for Tebow to flop. If the team continues to win, everyone loves Fox and Elway. If the team flops, Elway can be there to save the day if he has the foresight to get another QB.

If they draft a high prospect, Elway and Fox are either, A, winning with Tebow and everyone loves them or, B, smirking at the fanbase and saying, "Oh, your Timboy didn't work out, did he?" and dangling their new QB as the future. The only people they lose with such a strategy are the hardcore and draftniks who will scream "ED REEEEEEEEED" or "STEVEN JACKSONNNNN!" and that fanbase is miniscule in comparison.

It's all posturing, I think.

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 01:38 PM
wow...my observation of live footage is now either lying or that I'm stupid. Sorry I don't spend all my time obsessing over football. In football knowledge, you're smarter....I'll give you that.

I don't think it takes any prior experience to see that this:

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/FellsCatch.png

Is not an inaccurate pass.

But that's just me...

vonqkilla
11-22-2011, 01:41 PM
@BroncoVixen

Elway is answering questions he is asked, which is why I say duck the question.

John & John keep putting their foot in their mouths, they both need to let the season play out.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM

But that's just me...

nice to hunt and peck and take things out of context to prove your point. You'd make a good beat writer...or a good revisionist theorist....

let's see when you take my entire post...

He made a good throw but it was a complete duck and if when that ball left his hands you thought it wasn't going to be batted down or intercepted you're lying. I agreed with you on the screen but you keep bring it up....

vonqkilla
11-22-2011, 01:45 PM

But that's just me...

Ball placed perfectly where only fells could catch it = accurate. Post has smallest window with safeties included.

As a qb, ive led receivers to dive and catch, nothing wrong with that at all.

Also on a post like that, tough to gauge the angle your rec is taking, that was a great pass.

HorseHead
11-22-2011, 02:05 PM
game, set, match to Rev., you douche nozzle...

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Tebow makes the Drudge report again (http://www.drudgereport.com/):

TonyR
11-22-2011, 06:23 PM
I think it's accurate to say that Elway/Fox were more supportive of Orton at 1-4 than Tebow at 4-1. We got a constant dose of 'best chance to win' and 'won the open competition'.

I'd suggest that more than defending Orton they were defending their decision to start him.

TonyR
11-22-2011, 06:24 PM
You mean the last game that we won?

Yes? What part of "three consecutive wins" did you not understand?

TheReverend
11-22-2011, 06:26 PM
I'd suggest that more than defending Orton they were defending their decision to start him.

They made a decision here too...

epicSocialism4tw
11-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Well, at least we know one area where Tebow > Elway: Public Relations.

maher_tyler
11-22-2011, 06:44 PM

The way he responded to Irving was like saying F*** you in the nicest possible way ever!

maher_tyler
11-22-2011, 06:47 PM

They keep up the snide remarks, watch him fix his passing woes and then not resign here because the FO never believed in him!

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 06:51 PM
The way he responded to Irving was like saying **** you in the nicest possible way ever!

I'm way too jaded to think Tebow is a genuine goody two-shoes. I too think it's his way of killing them with kindness.

bowtown
11-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm way too jaded to think Tebow is a genuine goody two-shoes. I too think it's his way of killing them with kindness.

Kiddie porn dungeon?

Bronx33
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Tebow is one geniality honest human being that's all i have to say as for his future here as QB well see what happens.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Kiddie porn dungeon?

There's a subtle layer of sinister under that candy shell, imo.

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 07:18 PM
@BroncoVixen

John & John keep putting their foot in their mouths, they both need to let the season play out.

Or they just need to read my PR 101 thread. It's got all the good stuff in there!

DarkHorse30
11-22-2011, 08:11 PM
TD envy.

Bingo. That was my first thought.

colonelbeef
11-23-2011, 09:07 AM

Correct assessment, lol @ some of the idiot posters questioning John Elway's ability to judge an NFL quarterback

colonelbeef
11-23-2011, 09:13 AM
@BroncoVixen

How has Elway put his foot in his mouth?

He has been extremely consistent- he thinks Tebow isn't an NFL ready QB and that he might not possess the skill set to be consistently successful. This is a common thought among people who would know. (NFL coaches, HOF QBs, professional analysts)

Calm yourself. You were probably all fired up about that McDaniels 5-0 start too.

jhns
11-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Correct assessment, lol @ some of the idiot posters questioning John Elway's ability to judge an NFL quarterback

You keep saying this as we were 1-4, and throwing games, with his choice at QB...

What a great judge of talent!

jhns
11-23-2011, 09:20 AM
How has Elway put his foot in his mouth?

He has been extremely consistent- he thinks Tebow isn't an NFL ready QB and that he might not possess the skill set to be consistently successful. This is a common thought among people who would know. (NFL coaches, HOF QBs, professional analysts)

Calm yourself. You were probably all fired up about that McDaniels 5-0 start too.

McDaniels was 8-8 with an 8-8 team. The 8-8 team he took over had a ton of injuries. He didn't improve the team. Tebow took over a 1-4 team and has gone 4-1. He has five wins in far fewer starts than Orton had to get his four wins the last two seasons. Tebow has already improved the team. The situations aren't even close to being the same.

ScottXray
11-23-2011, 10:18 AM

I don't care if Tebow wants to sing the Hallelujah chorus in his interviews, and those that complain about this are rediculous. How does that threaten anyone?

Basically he gives thanks to his god for allowing him to succeed ( or Not). Those that interview him KNOW he is going to do it, and if you don't want to see it then just don't watch the interviews!

I am not religious, and I don't care one way or the other. I do respect his faith and the fact that he actually LIVES it , unlike many others that claim to be Christian and act more like Udai Hussein than Jesus, on every day but Sunday morning.

The only reason to be concerned about this is if TT decides that he has reached his goals in the NFL and feels he has a calling to another purpose and hangs it up, while leaving the Team in a bad situation. That is unlikely to happen During a season...but may if he actually does win a SB in the future.