PDA

View Full Version : Compare Tebow against every NFL starting QB

Vine
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
I am going to take a look at every team's starting qb and decide if I would rather have Tebow as my team's starting qb over each team's respective #1 qb.

First the NFC East Quarterbacks

Cowboys- Romo Very tough one here. Statistically, Romo has been very good this year, but I would go with Tebow, since it is proven that Romo is overrated.

Giants- E Manning- Easy. Manning.

Eagles- Vick- Tebow. Vick has thrown a ton of picks, and Tebow is a tougher player.

Redskins- Grossman. Easy. Tebow. Grossman, like Vick has thrown a ton of pics.

So in the NFC East, I would take only 1 quarterback over Tim Tebow

Next I'll look at the NFC West quarterbacks...

Popps
11-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Oh god make it stop.

OrangeSe7en
11-21-2011, 09:49 PM
I am going to take a look at every team's starting qb and decide if I would rather have Tebow as my team's starting qb over each team's respective #1 qb.

Cowboys- Romo Very tough one here. Statistically, Romo has been very good this year, but I would go with Tebow, since it is proven that Romo is overrated.

Eagles- Vick- Tebow. Vick has thrown a ton of picks, and Tebow is a tougher player.

Manning can't win connect 4 in three moves. Tebow can.

Vine
11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Now for the NFC West

Cardinals- Skelton- Easy decision. Tebow

49ers- Smith- Smith. He is having too great of a year, I would go with Smith over Tebow.

Seahawks- Jackson- Easy decison. Tebow. Jackson has thrown a ton of pics.

Rams- Bradford- Bradford has regressed this year and he has fumbled 5 times. I'll take Tebow.

So in the NFC West, I would only prefer 1 quarterback over Tebow.

Next up is the NFC North

Tombstone RJ
11-21-2011, 09:51 PM

:D

this is good stuff. solid.gold. this is why I keep coming back to the mane...

Vine
11-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Oh god make it stop.

Just trying to prove to the idiots who still claim that Tebow is "not an NFL quarterback".

Tombstone RJ
11-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Now for the NFC West

Cardinals- Skelton- Easy decision. Tebow

49ers- Smith- Smith. He is having too great of a year, I would go with Smith over Tebow.

Seahawks- Jackson- Easy decison. Tebow. Jackson has thrown a ton of pics.

Rams- Bradford- Bradford has regressed this year and he has fumbled 5 times. I'll take Tebow.

So in the NFC West, I would only prefer 1 quarterback over Tebow.

Next up is the NFC North

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3DPKf7y1F-Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
11-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Just trying to prove to the idiots who still claim that Tebow is "not an NFL quarterback".

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2K8Osz9RnvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vine
11-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Now for the NFC North starting quarterbacks....

Bears- Cutler- Still a big Cutler fan, so I'd go with him. Sad to see he is injured.

Lions- Stafford- Easy decision. Stafford.

Packers- Rodgers- Rodgers.

Vikings- Ponder- Ponder and Tebow are similar in experience. Tebow has had better success, so I would rather have Tebow.

So, in the NFC North, I would only take Tebow over 1 of the quarterbacks in that division.

Next up is the NFC South.

El Juι
11-21-2011, 10:01 PM
Do the WNBA next.

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the AFL results!

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Now for the NFC South starting quarterbacks....

Falcons- Ryan- Ryan.

Panthers- Newton- Tebows wins games. Newton hasn't been winning. I'd go with the winner.

Saints- Brees- No brainer. Brees.

Buccaneers- Freeman. Tebow. Freeman has a ton of pics.

I would take Tebow over two of the NFC South's starting qb's.

Next up is the AFC East quarterbacks...

Popps
11-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Yea, I mean... after a disjointed 8 games as a pro under two different coaches... anyone who doubts he's an NFL QB must be an idiot. I mean, most QBs have clearly defined their careers in 8 or so games.

Thanks for your work on this.

Man-Goblin
If you're gonna compare Tim Tebow, you have to compare him to every other quarterback of all time...that aren't quarterbacks named Tim Tebow.

Vine
Yea, I mean... after a disjointed 8 games as a pro under two different coaches... anyone who doubts he's an NFL QB must be an idiot. I mean, most QBs have clearly defined their careers in 8 or so games.

Your welcome!

DenverBrit
11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Oh god make it stop.

I'm not sure what's more annoying.

The noise before Tebow started, or the noise since. Poll?? ;D

Popps
Now for the NFC South starting quarterbacks....

Falcons- Ryan- Ryan.

Panthers- Newton- Tebows wins games. Newton hasn't been winning. I'd go with the winner.

Saints- Brees- No brainer. Brees.

Buccaneers- Freeman. Tebow. Freeman has a ton of pics.

I would take Tebow over two of the NFC South's starting qb's.

Next up is the AFC East quarterbacks...

Actually, this is getting more entertaining.

Mecklomaniac
I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the AFL results!

I am waiting for the SEC

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Is someone keeping an overall score?

Tombstone RJ
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
If you're gonna compare Tim Tebow, you have to compare him to every other quarterback of all time...that aren't quarterbacks named Tim Tebow.

this

why stop with just the current QBs? Go all the way back to 1960 and then do a qb-by-qb comparison of all the Broncos former starting qb's and then branch that into all starting professional QBs who have ever taken a snap.

Brilliant!

:D

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Now for the AFC East starting quarterbacks....

Bills- Fitzpatrick- Tebow easy. Fitzpatrick just isn't winning games.

Dolphins- Moore- Tebow.

Patriots- Brady- Easy decision. Brady.

Jets- Sanchez- Easy decision. Tebow!

I would take Tebow over 2 of the teams in the AFC East.

Next is the AFC North....

Deuce
11-21-2011, 10:11 PM

You're not proving anything. You're making completly subjective comparisons without providing any kind of real or complete evidence as to how you came to your conclusions.

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:16 PM
Now for the AFC North.....

Ravens- Flacco- Flacco doesn't have the greatest stats, but Flacco is a winner.

Bengals- Dalton- Easy Dalton- despite a lot of pics. All rookies are allowed to throw a lot of pics, unless you're named Tebow.

Browns- McCoy- I'll take Tebow.

Steelers- Roethlisberger- Easy decision. Roethlisberger.

So, I would take Tebow in only team of the AFC North teams.

Next is the AFC South....

enjolras
11-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Did we get that facepalm smilie yet?

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:18 PM
You're not proving anything. You're making completly subjective comparisons without providing any kind of real or complete evidence as to how you came to your conclusions.

I am taking a quick look at the stats of each starting qb, and I am also considering past success as a factor.

Dagmar
11-21-2011, 10:19 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1237977238_pineapple-express-laughing.gif

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2011, 10:23 PM
This thread got me thinking: How would Tebow stack up against the starters from 1971?

http://www.mmbolding.com/BSR/pq71index.htm

We'll, here's you're answer:

Roman Gabriel, Los Angeles Rams - Roman? Are you kidding me? Tebow all the way.

Bob Berry, Atlanta Falcons - Ben and Jerry Berry vs. T2? Not even a contest. Tebow wins

Gary Cuozzo, Minnesota Vikings - Tebow. Guys with Italian names can't make it in the NFL, at least as QB's

John Brodie, San Francisco 49ers - Isn't Brodie an announcer? Tebow

Fran Tarkenton, New York Giants - I'd rather watch the option than a scrambler. Tebow

Jim Hart, St. Louis Cardinals - ZZZZzzzzz. No opinion.

Sonny Jurgensen, Washington Redskins - Great name, so I'll go with Sonny

Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers - Old School votes get Bart, but Tebow has more upside

Craig Morton, Dallas Cowboys - Future Broncos QB, but I'll take Tebow

Norman Snead, Philadelphis Eagles - Snead? I can't even say that with a straight face. Tebow.

Bill Munson, Detroit Lions - Bill who? Tebow

Jack Concannon, Chicago Bears - Name is a total tongue twister. Give me Tebow.

Billy Kilmer, New Orleans Saints - Tossup. Actually, Tebow since the name reminds me of Val Kilmer and I can't stand Val Kilmer.

Len Dawson, Kansas City Chiefs -Wasn't Dawson implicated in some kind of cheating scandal? Tebow would never cheat, so I'll go with Tebow.

John Unitas, Baltimore Colts - I'll take Unitas strictly on reputation.

Daryle Lamonica, Oakland Raiders - Name sounds like "Harmonica", so I'll take Tebow

Joe Namath, New York Jets - Broadway Joe

Bob Griese, Miami Dolphins - I'll take Tebow since I'm still pissed at Griese's son for throwing the INT that essentially ended TD's career

John Hadl, San Diego Chargers - What kind of name is "Hadl"? Give me Tebow.

Bill Nelson, Cleveland Browns - Wasn't he a recording artist in the 1980's? Tebow.

Charley Johnson, Houston Oilers - Wasn't he a kicker eventually? Tebow.

Dennis Shaw, Buffalo Bills - Long lost brother of Robert Shaw. Tebow wins this matchup.

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers - Good QB, but can't stand the guy or his bald head. I'll take Tebow any day.

Joe Kapp, Boston Patriots - Has a blue collar feel to the name, but Tebow brings the SEC mystique.

Greg Cook, Cincinnati Bengals - ZZZzzzzzz

Steve Tensi, Denver Broncos - Steve Who?

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Time for the AFC South....

Texans- Schaub- I realize that Schaub is done for the season, but I am not going use him instead of Leinhart. I'd take Schaub over Tebow easily.

Colts- Manning- Hard to tell, but I'll take Manning, taking the chance that he would recover fully from his injury.

Jaguars- Gabbert- Tebow VERY easily.

Titans- Hasselbeck- Kind of a tough decision. Hasselbeck has been decent this year, but due to his lack of real career postseason success, I'll take Tebow.

I would take Tebow on two of the AFC South's teams.

Finally next is Denver's AFC West rivals...

The Joker
11-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Worst thread in the history of the forum.

None of the responses are even funny, and no offense Vine but you're an idiot.

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Finally, Denver's AFC West divisional foes....

Chiefs- Cassel- Tebow easily.

Raiders- Palmer- Actually, this is a difficult decision. Palmer was looking to be a top premier qb until his career-changing injury in the playoffs many years back. His years afterwords in Cincinnati just cannot be fairly judged. Still, I would take Tebow, in case Palmer never regains his post potential.

Chargers- Rivers- Based on this year only.... Tebow EASILY! Rivers having a horrible year. But, if I have to consider Rivers overall body of work, I might be tempted to go with Rivers, BUT, Rivers have NEVER proven that he can be a winner. And what I mean by a winner is not choking in the playoffs. I'll take TEBOW!!!

Isn't that crazy, that Tebow is actually the best quarterback in the AFC West!!!

El Juι
11-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton — Clinton has foreign policy experience, and Tebow has practically none, so this is an easy one. Pick: Clinton.

Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner — Geither is a thief and a liar, which makes him more qualified for government than Tebow. Pick: Geithner

Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta — I wouldn't trust Panetta to make me a ham sandwich. Pick: Tebow

Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. — Fast and Furious? Not nearly as fast as Tim Tebow when he tucks it under and heads for the end zone. Pick: Tebow

Secretary Kenneth L. Salazar — Yeah. Right. Pick: Orton is better than Salazar. Tebow by a mile.

Sec. of Agriculture Thomas J. Vilsack, Sec. of Commerce John E. Bryson, Sec. of Labor Hilda L. Solis, Sec. of Housing and Urban Development Shaun L.S. Donovan; Sec. of Transportation Ray LaHood, Sec. of Energy Steven Chu, Sec. of Education Arne Duncan, Sec. of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki — Who the hell are these people? Did they even play college ball? Pick: Tebow

Sec. of Homeland Security Janet A. Napolitano — Might be a lesbian, and probably not even the good kind. But she's a tough bitch, I'll give her that. Pick: Even up.

Sec. of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius — Willing to bet she's a Chiefs fan. Pick: Tebow

So, I would take only two cabinet secretaries over Tebow, maybe three.

colorado jones
11-21-2011, 10:33 PM
I am taking a quick look at the stats of each starting qb, and I am also considering past success as a factor.

This is some cutting edge $hit.

Fascinating......

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Isn't it a ****ing shame that this forum is full of a bunch of pricks. You all are ****ing poor excuses for human beings.

The Joker
11-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Isn't it a ****ing shame that this forum is full of a bunch of pricks. You all are ****ing poor excuses for human beings.

You should leave in protest.

Vine
Oh god make it stop.

Don't read the thread, then, you ****ing asswipe.

Armchair Bronco
Here's the starting class from 1950. Feel free to match up Tebow against these guys:

Sammy Baugh, Washington Redskins
Y.A. Tittle, Baltimore Colts
Johnny Lujack, Chicago Bears
Jim Hardy, Chicago Cardinals
Otto Graham, Cleveland Browns
Bobby Layne, Detroit Lions
Tobin Rote, Green Bay Packers
Norm Van Brocklin, Los Angeles Rams
Charley Conerly, New York Giants
John Rauch, New York Yanks
Tommy Thompson, Philadelphia Eagles
Joe Geri, Pittsburgh Steelers
Frankie Albert, San Francisco 49ers

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:35 PM
Do the WNBA next.

**** off **********.

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Worst thread in the history of the forum.

None of the responses are even funny, and no offense Vine but you're an idiot.

I think I just took a schism!

Dagmar
11-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Don't read the thread, then, you ****ing asswipe.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2011, 10:37 PM
My favorites.

Secretary of the Treasury Timothy F. Geithner — Geither is a thief and a liar, which makes him more qualified for government than Tebow. Pick: Geithner

Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta — I wouldn't trust Panetta to make me a ham sandwich. Pick: Tebow

Actually, I like all of your choices. Nice work, El Juι.

colorado jones
11-21-2011, 10:38 PM
You all are ****ing poor excuses for human beings.

Weird.... I was just thinking the same thing about you given you are from Chadron, Nebraska.

The Joker
11-21-2011, 10:40 PM
I think I just took a schism!

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/jeyjey34/Animated%20Gifs/charlie_murphy_laughing.gif

Armchair Bronco
11-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Hey, give the man some credit. He stayed true to his word and stack-ranked Tebow against every other QB in the league. Say what you will, but he drew a line in the sand and is standing behind his picks.

Nuttin' wrong wit dat.

Play2win
11-21-2011, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure what's more annoying.

The noise before Tebow started, or the noise since. Poll?? ;D

I curse you, Josh McDaniels!!!!

Blueflame
11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey, give the man some credit. He stayed true to his word and stack-ranked Tebow against every other QB in the league. Say what you will, but he drew a line in the sand and is standing behind his picks.

Nuttin' wrong wit dat.

All the man truly "proved" is that he's a Tebow homer. And while there's nothing wrong with that, it's something most of us could probably have guessed even without this thread.

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Weird.... I was just thinking the same thing about you given you are from Chadron, Nebraska.

Seriously, what does Chadron, Nebraska have to do with what kind of human being I am?

Paladin
11-21-2011, 10:49 PM

Do you realize that in Chadron there is nothing to do except obsess over TEBOW? I mean, the guy needs a different hobby, sure, but Nebraska is rather limited in cultural events. Thye don't do Tracto pulls there. The biggest change o that town is when the light turns green on main street. Yes, I've been there. Have a cousin who went to school at....tra la.........Chadron State College.

Pitiful in't it?

Dagmar
11-21-2011, 10:50 PM
All the man truly "proved" is that he's a Tebow homer. And while there's nothing wrong with that, it's something most of us could probably have guessed even without this thread.

He should have done it for TO first.

Inkana7
11-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Here's the starting class from 1950. Feel free to match up Tebow against these guys:

Sammy Baugh, Washington Redskins
Y.A. Tittle, Baltimore Colts
Johnny Lujack, Chicago Bears
Jim Hardy, Chicago Cardinals
Otto Graham, Cleveland Browns
Bobby Layne, Detroit Lions
Tobin Rote, Green Bay Packers
Norm Van Brocklin, Los Angeles Rams
Charley Conerly, New York Giants
John Rauch, New York Yanks
Tommy Thompson, Philadelphia Eagles
Joe Geri, Pittsburgh Steelers
Frankie Albert, San Francisco 49ers

Whoa there were 6 HOF-caliber QBs playing in 1950!

colorado jones
11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Seriously, what does Chadron, Nebraska have to do with what kind of human being I am?

Nothing.

Just like people not liking your awesome thread has nothing to do with what kind people they/ we are.

Blueflame
11-21-2011, 10:54 PM
He should have done it for TO first.

KO. ;D

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Do you realize that in Chadron there is nothing to do except obsess over TEBOW? I mean, the guy needs a different hobby, sure, but Nebraska is rather limited in cultural events. Thye don't do Tracto pulls there. The biggest change o that town is when the light turns green on main street. Yes, I've been there. Have a cousin who went to school at....tra la.........Chadron State College.

Pitiful in't it?

Well, you may be too dull to comprehend this, but all that has NOTHING to do with what kind of person I am.

Vine
11-21-2011, 10:57 PM

Nope, not a Tebow homer. Just really excited about what the Broncos offense could become under him, and really wish he would become successful to prove all those idiots wrong in the media.

Blueflame
11-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Nope, not a Tebow homer. Just really excited about what the Broncos offense could become under him, and really wish he would become successful to prove all those idiots wrong in the media.

Only a Tebow homer would take him over Rivers.

Vine
11-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Only a Tebow homer would take him over Rivers.

Rivers has a skill set that is >>>>>> Tebow's, but, seriously, WTF has Rivers done for the Chargers? Lose playoff games, is all I seem to ever remember him doing. I don't believe Rivers is as bad as he is this year, but Rivers is approaching Romo as for overratedness.

Honestly, I was hoping to generate some discussion about how others would feel if comparing Tebow to every starting quarterback, but that seems to be too much of a task for this forum.

Blueflame
11-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Rivers has a skill set that is >>>>>> Tebow's, but, seriously, WTF has Rivers done for the Chargers? Lose playoff games, is all I seem to ever remember him doing. I don't believe Rivers is as bad as he is this year, but Rivers is approaching Romo as for overratedness.

Honestly, I was hoping to generate some discussion about how others would feel if comparing Tebow to every starting quarterback, but that seems to be too much of a task for this forum.

Dunno if the playoff losses could or should be solely attributed to Rivers. Now, don't get me wrong; I detest that smug SOB... but he would be ranked by most any objective football watcher as "one of the league's better QBs" (top 10 in the NFL).

The Joker
11-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Romo and his 2,800 yards with 19 TD's with only 7 INT's on the season?

The guy who has never had a passer rating below 90 and has put up 25+ TD's every year he's been in Dallas with the exception of last year when he got injured. All while maintaining a career TD:INT ratio of 2:1.

Yeah, that guy sucks.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-21-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm not sure why you guys are complaining...this is a hall of fame thread. Someday Im gonna show my children this one.

Vine
11-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Romo and his 2,800 yards with 19 TD's with only 7 INT's on the season?

The guy who has never had a passer rating below 90 and has put up 25+ TD's every year he's been in Dallas with the exception of last year when he got injured. All while maintaining a career TD:INT ratio of 2:1.

Yeah, that guy sucks.

Romo is a classic case of when stats don't translate into success.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Romo is a classic case of when stats don't translate into success.

Alex Smith and lack of stats but tons of success agrees. Oh wait....

Que
11-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton — Clinton has foreign policy experience, and Tebow has practically none, so this is an easy one. Pick: Clinton.

Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. — Fast and Furious? Not nearly as fast as Tim Tebow when he tucks it under and heads for the end zone. Pick: Tebow

Secretary Kenneth L. Salazar — Yeah. Right. Pick: Orton is better than Salazar. Tebow by a mile.

Sec. of Agriculture Thomas J. Vilsack, Sec. of Commerce John E. Bryson, Sec. of Labor Hilda L. Solis, Sec. of Housing and Urban Development Shaun L.S. Donovan; Sec. of Transportation Ray LaHood, Sec. of Energy Steven Chu, Sec. of Education Arne Duncan, Sec. of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki — Who the hell are these people? Did they even play college ball? Pick: Tebow

Sec. of Homeland Security Janet A. Napolitano — Might be a lesbian, and probably not even the good kind. But she's a tough b****, I'll give her that. Pick: Even up.

Sec. of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius — Willing to bet she's a Chiefs fan. Pick: Tebow

So much win here

extralife
11-22-2011, 12:37 AM
I kind of feel like stabbing myself.

MrPeepers
11-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Labrador Retriever - labradors can swim, but Tebow can walk on water. Easy one Tebow

German Shepherd - Sounds like a Nazi, Tebow wouldn't kill Jews. Easy Tebow.

Dachshund - Known as a Weiner Dog, Tebow has never used his weiner. Easy Dachshund.

Boxer - This dog could not win a 5 round bout with Tebow he wins. Tebow.

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 01:13 AM
ROFL! Awesome thread. Two criteria, obviously

[ ] QB has ton of pics
[ ] QB is Tim Tebow.

Can we do the 13 colonies next?

Tebow > Delaware

Dagmar
11-22-2011, 01:36 AM
ROFL! Awesome thread. Two criteria, obviously

[ ] QB has ton of pics
[ ] QB is Tim Tebow.

Can we do the 13 colonies next?

Tebow > Delaware

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110817061338/battlefield/images/0/0b/Angry_face_meme.png
If you dis Delaware one more time I will end you.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2011, 01:41 AM
I want bob to break down Tebow vs Star Wars

Doggcow
11-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Is this a joke

Doggcow
11-22-2011, 02:36 AM
Labrador Retriever - labradors can swim, but Tebow can walk on water. Easy one Tebow

German Shepherd - Sounds like a Nazi, Tebow wouldn't kill Jews. Easy Tebow.

Dachshund - Known as a Weiner Dog, Tebow has never used his weiner. Easy Dachshund.

Boxer - This dog could not win a 5 round bout with Tebow he wins. Tebow.

lol

This thread is legendary already

Archer81
11-22-2011, 02:37 AM
I find it funny that when teams win games with a ground game, good defense and limited passing its heralded...unless its by Denver. Then of course it's how long can they keep it up...

Watch any discussion of the Bears/49ers/Texans and you will see what I mean.

:Broncos:

gunns
11-22-2011, 03:43 AM
Actually, this is getting more entertaining.

It has nothing to do with the team around them. They are all a one man team. If they are winning, it's all on them, same for losing. Wake up Popps, don't you know this is how you look at QB's?

DBroncos4life
11-22-2011, 03:46 AM
I find it funny that when teams win games with a ground game, good defense and limited passing its heralded...unless its by Denver. Then of course it's how long can they keep it up...

Watch any discussion of the Bears/49ers/Texans and you will see what I mean.

When is the last time you seen Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, or Matt Schaub throw just 8 passes in a game. Don't worry I will wait......

Simple Jake
11-22-2011, 03:49 AM
Tebow vs. Sharks - Sharks are pretty vicious, but I honestly think Tebow could take one on if he went for the eyes.. sharks also don't have fingers, which would make it difficult to grasp a football... Tebow

Tebow vs. Lions - King of the Tebow homers against the king of the jungle.. Although lions don't have thumbs, I'd imagine their throwing motions would look similar... ill still take Tebow because those Tebow homers are insane, you never know what they'll do or say next (and tebow has jesus on his side)

Tebow vs. Birds - Well, they can both fly, but Tebow is stronger, and I'd imagine better in the 4th quarter.... ill take Tebow

In conclusion, Tebow is a better QB and winner than all the animals in the world

gunns
11-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Some great analysis in the OP. Overall didn't use stats as his decision maker, except picks. One of my favorites, I shall use it to impress:

Cowboys- Romo Very tough one here. Statistically, Romo has been very good this year, but I would go with Tebow, since it is proven that Romo is overrated

beardedwonder
11-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Crack analysis chief

Archer81
11-22-2011, 04:39 AM
When is the last time you seen Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, or Matt Schaub throwl just 8 passes in a game. Don't worry I will wait......

Houston: 35.7 rush attempts per game (1st in NFL)
Denver: 31.6 RAPG (4th in NFL)
San Fran: 31.5 RAPG (5th in NFL)
Chicago: 26.9 RAPG (12th in NFL)

Chicago: 31.6 Pass Attempts Per Game (22nd in NFL)
Houston: 29.2 PAPG (29th in NFL)
Denver: 28.3 PAPG (30th in NFL)
San Fran: 27.7 PAPG (32nd in NFL)

Houston: 269.7 YPG allowed (1st in NFL)
San Fran: 323.1 YPG A (8th in NFL)
Denver: 356.4 YPGA (17th in NFL)
Chicago: 371.9 YPGA (25th in NFL)

San Fran: 14.5 PPGA (1st in NFL)
Houston: 16.5 PPGA (2nd in NFL)
Chicago: 20.7 PPGA (13th in NFL)
Denver: 24.7 PPGA (23rd in NFL)

Now you read these stats and ask, but I told you to list me a game where Smith, Cutler or Schaub threw just 8 passes. You and I both know they have not. And frankly for Denver to only throw 8 (because they had no real need to throw the ball) is an anomally.

What the stats do show is that Houston, Chicago and San Francisco run the ball either as much or more than Denver does per game. All four teams are in the top half of the league in doing it. All four have .500 or better records. Two of them lead their divisions. The other two are in 2nd place or tied for 2nd place.

It irks me when talking heads act like Denver is winning games with smoke and mirrors and a gimmick offense. Running the football, playing good defense and not turning the ball over is not a gimmick. It irks me more when fans of the team being accused of the gimmick offense repeat it like its gospel. Clearly at least three other teams are doing it and are having success doing it. Which leaves the question why single Denver as the odd one out for it? If Denver was not a threat to pass the football on anybody...we would not be running for 150 yards a game. It would not be possible. And if it were a simple option offense, again we would not have rattled off three straight wins.

That's what bugs me. It seems NFL talking heads and some fans prefer a team pass it 40 times a game and lose pretty then grind out wins. I prefer the wins, myself.

BowlenBall
11-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Everyone is giving the OP a hard time, but I think it's somewhat of an interesting concept. Which QBs would you take straight-up in a trade for Tebow?

Here's my take on it:

Tebow < Aaron Rodgers
Tebow < Drew Brees
Tebow < Tom Brady
Tebow < Payton Manning
Tebow < Ben Rothlesberger
Tebow < Jay Cutler
Tebow < Cam Newton
Tebow < Josh Freeman
Tebow < Phillip Rivers
Tebow < Eli Manning
Tebow < Matt Stafford
Tebow < Matt Ryan
Tebow < Andy Dalton
Tebow < Matt Schaub
Tebow < Alex Smith
Tebow < Jake Locker

Tebow > Tony Romo
Tebow > Sam Bradford
Tebow > Michael Vick
Tebow > Carson Palmer
Tebow > Joe Flacco
Tebow > Ryan Fitzpatrick
Tebow > Christian Ponder
Tebow > Kevin Kolb
Tebow > Matt Cassell
Tebow > Blaine Gabbert
Tebow > Mark Sanchez
Tebow > Colt McCoy
Tebow > Rex Grossman
Tebow > Matt Moore
Tebow > Tarvaris Jackson

Doggcow
11-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Everyone is giving the OP a hard time, but I think it's somewhat of an interesting concept. Which QBs would you take straight-up in a trade for Tebow?

Here's my take on it:

Tebow < Aaron Rodgers
Tebow < Drew Brees
Tebow < Tom Brady
Tebow < Payton Manning
Tebow < Ben Rothlesberger
Tebow < Jay Cutler
Tebow < Cam Newton
Tebow < Josh Freeman
Tebow < Phillip Rivers
Tebow < Eli Manning
Tebow < Matt Stafford
Tebow < Matt Ryan
Tebow < Andy Dalton
Tebow < Matt Schaub
Tebow < Alex Smith
Tebow < Jake Locker

Tebow > Tony Romo
Tebow > Sam Bradford
Tebow > Michael Vick
Tebow > Carson Palmer
Tebow > Joe Flacco
Tebow > Ryan Fitzpatrick
Tebow > Christian Ponder
Tebow > Kevin Kolb
Tebow > Matt Cassell
Tebow > Blaine Gabbert
Tebow > Mark Sanchez
Tebow > Colt McCoy
Tebow > Rex Grossman
Tebow > Matt Moore
Tebow > Tarvaris Jackson

Locker? Really? Dude is so overrated.

BowlenBall
11-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Locker? Really? Dude is so overrated.

Hmmm.... maybe I should have said

Tebow = Jake Locker
Tebow = Tony Romo

Those three are all similar to me -- big upside, can make some big plays, but some big flaws too.

Steve Prefontaine
11-22-2011, 05:34 AM
Best Tebow thread ever...not even close. Thanks Vine!

fontaine
11-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Tebow vs Jupiter: No comparison, the gas giant vs the running giant. Tebow is more real and not full of hot air. Tebow!

Tebow vs Uranus: Tebow the virgin wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. Tebow!

Tebow vs Saturn: Saturn has nine rings, Tebow hasn't won the superbowl yet so no rings. Saturn!

Tebow vs Mars: The red giant can't even sustain life. Tebow brought life to a dead offense. Tebow!

No question, I would take Tebow over any of the over rated planets other than Saturn. You don't **** with saturn, it's got nine rings. Even John Elway only has two.

ColoradoDarin
11-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Oh god make it stop.

You miss the title of something? You don't have to open and read any thread that you don't want to....

I know, I know, you're just waiting for the front office to make up its mind, so you can know what to think. Then you can play the superfan card again!

Raider9175
11-22-2011, 06:12 AM
**** off **********.

Comeon Mrs Tebow Dosen't the Lord say turn the other cheek.

DHallblows
11-22-2011, 06:19 AM
And this is why we shouldn't allow Nebraska to have internet...

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Tebow vs Jupiter: No comparison, the gas giant vs the running giant. Tebow is more real and not full of hot air. Tebow!

Tebow vs Uranus: Tebow the virgin wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. Tebow!

Tebow vs Saturn: Saturn has nine rings, Tebow hasn't won the superbowl yet so no rings. Saturn!

Tebow vs Mars: The red giant can't even sustain life. Tebow brought life to a dead offense. Tebow!

No question, I would take Tebow over any of the over rated planets other than Saturn. You don't **** with saturn, it's got nine rings. Even John Elway only has two.

LOL!.... thread closed/

ColoradoDarin
11-22-2011, 06:41 AM
Let's compare Tebow to necessary bodily functions:

Eating - Man cannot live by bread alone. Tebow easily.

Drinking - This is a close one since God made beer. Push.

Burping - It doesn't compare to the sensation of TDs. Tebow.

Normal dump - No comparison. Tebow easily, this one's not even close.

Big dump - The one that is so big it's sitting half out of the water. It's close, but I'd still give the edge to Tebow, even with that feeling like you're about 5 pounds lighter afterwards.

So there you have it, the only thing that comes close to Tebow is drinking beer. And even that only makes Tebow better.

GreatBronco16
11-22-2011, 06:47 AM
OMG, where do some of these people come from?:spit:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 07:04 AM

And you're from Chadron, Nebraska, also known internationally as "the Cradle of Quarterbacks." So you obviously know what you're talking about.

:welcome:

cmhargrove
11-22-2011, 07:06 AM
a. I just wanted to get a post in on this thread - I imagine I will see this again in a couple years.

b. I appreciate the sheer brilliance of taking this division by division. I was waiting on the edge of my seat for each new "installment."

BroncoInferno
11-22-2011, 07:09 AM
LOL I didn't think the premise of the thread was that bad, although the execution was obviously poor.

yerner
11-22-2011, 07:10 AM

Sec. of Homeland Security Janet A. Napolitano — Might be a lesbian, and probably not even the good kind. But she's a tough b****, I'll give her that. Pick: Even up.

damn, dude. you're funny. well done.

Kaylore
11-22-2011, 07:31 AM

This.

Vine
11-22-2011, 07:38 AM

And maybe you shouldn't be allowed to have internet.....

Rohirrim
11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Don't you have some corn to shuck, or something?

edog24
11-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Wait, I don't like how we are winning, we need to worry about the qb of the future. I really like Barkley or Luck or something, I really hope the FO thinks about drafting a new qb, especially if we make the playoffs playing ugly like we are playing.

If we can get a lot of good passing yards next year we can probably win 3 games with a rookie qb at the healm. That will make sure we are keeping up with the passing league especially if we ignore defense and all the good WRs and RBs coming out in the draft. If we get a good pocket passer we can always be approved by sportscenter also which is important.

SureShot
11-22-2011, 07:53 AM

You are doing it wrong.

bfoflcommish
11-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Colts- Manning- Hard to tell, but I'll take Manning, taking the chance that he would recover fully from his injury.
Titans- Hasselbeck- Kind of a tough decision. Hasselbeck has been decent this year, but due to his lack of real career postseason success, I'll take Tebow.

Chargers- Rivers- Based on this year only.... Tebow EASILY! Rivers having a horrible year. But, if I have to consider Rivers overall body of work, I might be tempted to go with Rivers, BUT, Rivers have NEVER proven that he can be a winner. And what I mean by a winner is not choking in the playoffs. I'll take TEBOW!!!

I love how consistent he is with his observations. So Hassleback is judged on whole body of work but rivers only this season, but base off whole career yeah rivers is only slightly better, bwhahahahaha, and Yeah Manning its hard to tell, i mean manning or tebow, who to take...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

god I love this place sometimes

DenverBroncosJM
11-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Vine, you realize you are crazy right? Might be time to talk to someone about it.

Rohirrim
11-22-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm hoping the FO trades Tebow at the end of the season just to get rid of all these little Tebow Bachmanns who have infested this board. ;D

Steve Prefontaine
11-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Now for the AFC East starting quarterbacks....

Bills- Fitzpatrick- Tebow easy. Fitzpatrick just isn't winning games.

Dolphins- Moore- Tebow.

Patriots- Brady- Easy decision. Brady.

Jets- Sanchez- Easy decision. Tebow!

I would take Tebow over 2 of the teams in the AFC East.

Next is the AFC North....

Just to clear this one up. You’re taking Tebow over Fitz, Moore, and Sanchez right? See bold.

Paladin
11-22-2011, 08:46 AM
I wonder if he does stocks.......

BroncoBen
11-22-2011, 08:50 AM

No kidding... might as well compare Tebow to Presidents of the United States.

Tebow or James Monroe -
Tebow or Grover Cleveland -

Shotgun Willie
11-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Honest question: how has AlphaSierra missed this thread? Did his head explode when he saw the title? I mean, really, couldn't he have ended it on page one with one of his patented cut and paste spectaculars?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Honest question: how has AlphaSierra missed this thread? Did his head explode when he saw the title? I mean, really, couldn't he have ended it on page one with one of his patented cut and paste spectaculars?

I believe those are now called "Cut & Paste-taculars." We're ordering shirts.

Shotgun Willie
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Personal note: BroncoBen is taking over as king of the avatars.

Ray Finkle
11-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Personal note: BroncoBen is taking over as king of the avatars.

Bronco Blue's still got my vote...

Vine
11-22-2011, 11:41 AM
I love how consistent he is with his observations. So Hassleback is judged on whole body of work but rivers only this season, but base off whole career yeah rivers is only slightly better, bwhahahahaha, and Yeah Manning its hard to tell, i mean manning or tebow, who to take...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

god I love this place sometimes

So you must be Manning's doctor?

Vine
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Just to clear this one up. You’re taking Tebow over Fitz, Moore, and Sanchez right? See bold.

Thanks for the correction. I would take Tebow over those 3 quaterbacks.

bfoflcommish
11-22-2011, 11:51 AM
So you must be Manning's doctor?

No you are right. Tebow > Manning, everyone in the world knows this. Noone but you wants to admit it. thats all it is.

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Tebow vs. James Bond - Bond has his way with the ladies, Tebow will be a one-woman man. Bond is deadly accurate with his Walther PPK, Tebow less so with his left arm. Pick: Bond.

Tebow vs. Jack Bauer - Bauer is a soulless mumbler; Tebow soulfully sticks to the script. Bauer will chop off your arm to get the information he needs; Tebow will kill you with kindness and maybe even build a hospital in your hometown. Bauer was betrayed by his own government numerous times; Tebow has been betrayed by his own front office. Pick: No Decision.

Tebow vs. Jason Bourne - Bourne has no memory of the past, Tebow has a short memory. Both react instinctively to impending threats and are experts at hand-to-hand combat. Pick: No Decision.

In the Tebow vs. Secret Agent competition, the trained killers have a slight edge, but Tebow still has a respectable showing.

Dagmar
11-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Tebow vs. James Bond - Bond has his way with the ladies, Tebow will be a one-woman-man. Bond is deadly accurate with his Walter PPK, Tebow less so with his left arm. Pick: Bond.

Tebow vs. Jack Bauer - Bauer is a soulless mumbler; Tebow soulfully sticks to the script. Bauer will chop off your arm to get the information he needs; Tebow will kill you with kindness and maybe even build a hospital in your hometown. Bauer was betrayed by his own government numerous times; Tebow has been betrayed by his own front office. Pick: No Decision.

Tebow vs. Jason Bourne - Bourne has no memory of the past, Tebow has a short memory. Both react instinctively to impending threats and are experts at hand-to-hand combat. Pick: No Decision.

In the Tebow vs. Secret Agent competition, the trained killers have a slight edge, but Tebow still has a respectable showing.

What about Tebow against the greatest secret agent of them all?

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/03/11/5/1437/14373728/8b1e6f1754b85f3d_inspector-gadget.jpg

Armchair Bronco
11-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Inspector Gadget?

Shotgun Willie
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I still can't believe Alpha is avoiding this thread. It couldn't be set up better for him.

hookemhess
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nOQrQT8Br94/Thtc-_ZsknI/AAAAAAAAAeM/8RdXfA-jvtI/s1600/is-this-real-life1.jpg

orange crusher
11-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks Vine! Some of the fans have been on the fence about Tebow, but you really cleared things up for everyone. Beginning today, there are to be no more threads debating Tebow's abilities. Someone alert the members of the media. If they need further proof, they can visit Vine's thread or contact him directly at Walmart in Chadron.

Steve Prefontaine
11-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the correction. I would take Tebow over those 3 quaterbacks.
No problem! I didn't want that inconsistency to distract from your thread. I was confused whether you would take Tebow or Fitz.

Carry on.

Vine
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
No you are right. Tebow > Manning, everyone in the world knows this. Noone but you wants to admit it. thats all it is.

Manning just had neck surgery, ****face. Your lack of reading comprehension skills has obviously prevented you from realizing that I never implied that I would take Tebow over a healthy Peyton Manning.

extralife
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
I would take Manning's neck brace over Tebow

DHallblows
11-22-2011, 04:48 PM
And maybe you shouldn't be allowed to have internet.....

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luq8vq1Zdl1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

Crow
11-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Don't mind me. I just wanted to be part of this terrific thread.

Awesome troll job, Vine. You are to be commended.

AlphaSeirra
11-24-2011, 06:14 AM
I am waiting for the SEC

Here, let me help out on this one.

LAST 5 BCS-NC's:

2006 Florida/Leak/Tebow 41 - 14 tOSU (tOSU T.Smith Heisman, #1 Ranking)

2007 LSU (Tebow 1st Ever Soph Heisman)

2008 Florida/Tebow 24 - 14 Okla (Bradford Heisman & #1 Ranking, Tebow had most 1st place votes)

2009 Alabama (Ingram Heisman)

2010 Auburn (Newton Heisman)

Current BCS Standings:

#1 LSU

#2 Alabama

#3 Arkansas

But some people always try to make to big of a deal about the competition levels in the SEC, don't they ???

I sure hope that helped out.... ;D

AlphaSeirra
11-24-2011, 06:17 AM

Why bother Shotmouth Nillie, NOBODY ever reads my posts,,,,

and EVERYBODY already has me on IGNORE anyway.... :welcome:

AlphaSeirra
11-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Wait, I don't like how we are winning, we need to worry about the qb of the future. I really like Barkley or Luck or something, I really hope the FO thinks about drafting a new qb, especially if we make the playoffs playing ugly like we are playing.

If we can get a lot of good passing yards next year we can probably win 3 games with a rookie qb at the healm. That will make sure we are keeping up with the passing league especially if we ignore defense and all the good WRs and RBs coming out in the draft. If we get a good pocket passer we can always be approved by sportscenter also which is important.

To subtle for the likes of Shotmouth Nillie ???

AlphaSeirra
11-24-2011, 06:44 AM
I'm hoping the FO trades Tebow at the end of the season just to get rid of all these little Tebow Bachmanns who have infested this board. ;D

And here we have yet another PRIME EXAMPLE of the 'REAL BRONCO FANS' main concern being getting rid of the fans that a new Bronco player brings in, instead of the building up of the Bronco fan base.

Now for the rest of the story: :flower:

All of us solid Tebowites have to put up with the many 'Live in the Past' and the 'Swinging on Elway's Jock' Bronco fans who think that longevity adds up to football knowledge, or to some kind of proprietary fan rights.

"Why can't we all just get along." --- :kiss:

AlphaSeirra
11-24-2011, 06:55 AM
Moving right along....

Thanks for all the laughs. :~ohyah!:

And Yawl have a real nice Thanksgiving, ya hear? :wave:

barryr
11-24-2011, 06:55 AM
And here we have yet another PRIME EXAMPLE of the 'REAL BRONCO FANS' main concern being getting rid of the fans that a new Bronco player brings in, instead of the building up of the Bronco fan base.

Now for the rest of the story: :flower:

All of us solid Tebowites have to put up with the many 'Live in the Past' and the 'Swinging on Elway's Jock' Bronco fans who think that longevity adds up to football knowledge, or to some kind of proprietary fan rights.

"Why can't we all just get along." --- :kiss:

True, it is rather stupid while the team is finally putting some wins together, there are those still stuck worrying more about hating Tebow now for his fans or whatever. Idiots to say the least. I think they were happier when the team was losing.

Armchair Bronco
11-24-2011, 06:58 AM
All we are sayyyyyy-iiiiing, is give peace a chaaaaance.

gobroncos313
11-24-2011, 09:16 AM

Pitiful in't it?

Actually this shows how ignorant most are. Chardon, neis one of the prettiest places in Nebraska and less than an hour from the black hills.