PDA

View Full Version : Broncos-Vikings Flexed...

DomCasual
11-21-2011, 11:05 AM
...to Fox (sorry, that was mean).

I thought this was interesting, though. It's the first time it's ever happened.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7265289/week-13-flex-detroit-lions-new-orleans-saints-now-night-denver-broncos-minnesota-vikings-fox

A change in broadcast networks for the Denver Broncos-Minnesota Vikings game in Week 13 revealed changes in the way the NFL will broadcast its games.

The NFL on Monday announced that the Detroit Lions-New Orleans Saints game was flexed to the Sunday night spot on NBC. The Broncos-Vikings game, which originally was on CBS, was switched to Fox at 1 p.m. ET. Also, the Indianapolis Colts-New England Patriots game, which was the scheduled Sunday night game on Dec. 4, reverts to 1 p.m. on CBS and the Baltimore Ravens-Cleveland Browns game was moved to 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.

Mogulseeker
11-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Damn Obama.

DomCasual
11-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Damn Obama.

He's tearing this team apart.

Kid A
11-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Weird that a home game for an NFC team was going to be on CBS in the first place. What with three prime time games a week now, though, I guess balanced scheduling gets a little wonky.

ColoradoDarin
11-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Weird that a home game for an NFC team was going to be on CBS in the first place. What with three prime time games a week now, though, I guess balanced scheduling gets a little wonky.

The away team always determines who broadcasts.

Kid A
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
The away team always determines who broadcasts.

Ah, had it turned around.

Kaylore
11-21-2011, 11:21 AM
He's tearing this <s>team</s> schedule apart.

FYP

Slightly Soiled
11-21-2011, 11:27 AM
He wants Tebow to fail.

DomCasual
11-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Here's a question for you, though.

What are the chances any of our remaining games actually do get flexed?

It seems, on the surface, a ridiculous idea. But, we have two games remaining against what I would call high-profile teams.

The Bears game was not likely to be flexed, anyway (Raiders-Packers or Giants-Cowboys). But Cutler coming back to Denver and Tebow playing are two great story lines. Now, Cutler will be coming back to Denver to stand on the sidelines, if they even let him do that. So, that week seems out.

The next week is the Patriots. I would argue that that one has a decent chance, if we keep winning. Other games that weekend are Lions-Raiders, Jets-Eagles, and Ravens-Chargers. Jets-Eagles seems like a slam dunk, if they both stay in the playoff hunt. But both have gotten lots of exposure this year, already. I could see NBC wanting to get the Tebow circus one time, assuming the Broncos are still in the playoff hunt, at that point.

Dagmar
11-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Here's a question for you, though.

What are the chances any of our remaining games actually do get flexed?

It seems, on the surface, a ridiculous idea. But, we have two games remaining against what I would call high-profile teams.

The Bears game was not likely to be flexed, anyway (Raiders-Packers or Giants-Cowboys). But Cutler coming back to Denver and Tebow playing are two great story lines. Now, Cutler will be coming back to Denver to stand on the sidelines, if they even let him do that. So, that week seems out.

The next week is the Patriots. I would argue that that one has a decent chance, if we keep winning. Other games that weekend are Lions-Raiders, Jets-Eagles, and Ravens-Chargers. Jets-Eagles seems like a slam dunk, if they both stay in the playoff hunt. But both have gotten lots of exposure this year, already. I could see NBC wanting to get the Tebow circus one time, assuming the Broncos are still in the playoff hunt, at that point.

The Pats will probably have that division sown up by then though. Giants Cowboys may be protected by FOX? But with no Jay I'd be surprised.

Garcia Bronco
11-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Fox boardcasts suck. It's like they somehow make the game boring.

ColoradoDarin
11-21-2011, 01:01 PM

I blame that stupid dancing cartoon robot.

maher_tyler
11-21-2011, 01:02 PM

I agree. Every time there's a challenge, they bring in whats his face from the "Fox Command Center" to talk about if he thinks it's a fumble or not. Stupid.

broncswin
11-21-2011, 01:05 PM

Agree...hate when we play on that station

Popps
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
He wants Tebow to fail.

ROFL!

Man-Goblin
11-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I blame that stupid dancing cartoon robot.

I like the dancing robots.*

*thing that no one has ever said, ever.

beardedwonder
11-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Obammmmmaaaaaaaaaaa

ScottXray
11-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Two things I don't like about this.

CBS is the HOME station for the Broncos and AFC teams and this is going to confuse the Russians, and other people too dumb to check listings.

Second they didn't just change the network, they also changed the Time. It was scheduled at 2PM Denver time,and has been moved to 11AM, making it another Eastern swing to an early game in a dome on turf.

Hopefully we can keep the mojo going in the Early time slot this year, that Fox seems to have found. Maybe the going out 2 days early thing is paying dividends.

chawknz
11-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Fox AND 11am? Worst possible combination.

Bronx33
11-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Arington is one lucky ****.

spdirty
11-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Damnit, now I'm gonna have to be an unsocial dick after church and hurry home. That sucks. :(

Paladin
11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Damnit, now I'm gonna have to be an unsocial dick after church and hurry home. That sucks. :(

TT will forgive you......

broncocalijohn
11-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Obviously The Tebow Effect.

Something like, " **** you Pastor! I got a game to watch of the real Messiah! Tell the Jews he is already here!"
Well, I hope it isnt that dickish or you will be seeing hell in the afterlife.

spdirty
11-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Obviously The Tebow Effect.

Something like, " **** you Pastor! I got a game to watch of the real Messiah! Tell the Jews he is already here!"
Well, I hope it isnt that dickish or you will be seeing hell in the afterlife.

Just gonna sit in the back row, start bitching to the old lady that I'm feeling sick Saturday afternoon, start coughing uncontrollably once service starts, and sneak out at approximately 10:45, midway through the sermon. Then maybe I can catch the opening kickoff.

Hope these dicks realize what they're putting me through by doing this.

Archer81
11-22-2011, 01:13 AM
I actually think Fox has smoother HD...

But moving the game to 11am?...shenanigans.

:Broncos:

Doggcow
11-22-2011, 01:23 AM
That's bull****.

ol#7
11-22-2011, 03:10 AM
I like it...but I am 8 hours ahead of you guys, so I get the game at 7pm instead of 10pm. Tougher for the team though.

BowlenBall
11-22-2011, 04:06 AM
I get the game at 10 p.m. instead of 1 a.m., so this is awesome news for all of us Broncos fans in Abu Dhabi. (all one of us)