PDA

View Full Version : Teammates on Tebow

TheReverend
11-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Winning is the only reason Broncos need to believe in Tebow

Denver Broncos wide receiver Eddie Royal, fresh off Thursday's 17-13 victory over the New York Jets, looked at me in all seriousness and said, "I don't know what it is about that guy, but he makes it happen. I love that guy."

That guy, of course, is quarterback Tim Tebow, but let's dissect that first sentence to really show Tebow's impact.

First off, Royal is a wide receiver. If there is any position player that could be frustrated with Tebow and the run-first, run-second and run-third style of offense employed by the Broncos to help the flawed-throwing Tebow, that would be it. Then again, Royal led Denver with three catches for a beefy 15 yards against the Jets, so many he was grateful.

In saying that he doesn't know what it is about Tebow, that's the common refrain throughout the locker room, too. Nobody can pinpoint anything specific other than he's getting it done -- and they're all in.

"I love Tim Tebow," said rookie linebacker Von Miller, whose emphatically making his case for defensive rookie of the year. "You'll never get a bad comment out of me -- ever. No matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he scores, he's the man. He's a great quarterback. The definition of a quarterback doesn't mean you have to throw for 400 yards a game.

"Just manage the game. Tim Tebow manages the game well and puts us in great situations to win."

Against the Jets, that situation was being 95 yards away from the end zone with 5:54 remaining. It was then that his teammates knew.

"We actually said the possession before that 'This is the one. Let's go do this'," guard Zane Beadles said. "Thankfully we got the ball back with a decent amount of time on the clock. The good thing was you looked around the huddle, and there was no doubt in anyone's eyes. As bad as things were to that point, you looked at guys next to you, and all you saw was belief.

"He was good in the huddle, basically making guys believe and people believing in him."

Added Royal: "Nobody doubted."

It's easy to say because things worked out and Tebow capped the drive with a dazzling 20-yard touchdown run. Players and coaches always publicly support and speak well of teammates.

However, how teammates feel about Tebow is more apparent in their actions. Players across the board, even wide receivers, have stepped up their level of play during the Broncos' 4-1 run with Tebow as the starter that's left them in solid playoff contention with a 5-5 record overall.

As Beadles said, Denver was lucky to get the ball back after going three and out and punting with just more than seven minutes left in the game. The Broncos stopped New York on three plays -- they were aided by a Jets' penalty -- forcing the punt that led to the final drive.

The offensive line then responded by moving the Jets' defensive front like it hadn't all game. It wasn't the first game the O-line responded like this when it mattered.

Don't we always say the great ones are the ones who elevate everyone's play?

Tebow is not great. He wins, though. No matter how cliché, it's true.

Few players have forced their coaching staffs and teammates to radically change their overall philosophy and scheme to make things work in order to mask the flaws in one person's game -- especially in the middle of the season. Few teams have been as patient with a player who looks so out of sorts so often.

So Tebow isn't great. However, for everything his teammates have done in stepping up, and his coaches have done in tweaking the system, he's paid off when it matters late in games.

Tebow also acknowledges his teammates whenever he can. That's a wise move. When one player starts getting all the credit when so many others play a role in things working, egos and envy can become destructive. The Broncos don't seem anywhere near venturing into that territory, but these are pro athletes. It happens.

As long as the wins keep coming, though, especially with all the negativity that surrounded the team early in the season, Tebow's teammates are fully invested.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82440faa/article/winning-is-the-only-reason-broncos-need-to-believe-in-tebow?module=HP11_cp

Dagmar
11-19-2011, 07:11 AM
The way he was mobbed by his teammates after he scored was sensational. I'm still a little skeptical about that Decker fella though...

Smilin Assassin
11-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Teammates love Tebow. You can see it everytime he scores, or "wills them to a win", and they pile on him as if they just won the biggest game of their life.

...'cept one. Watch a certain former Bronco wearing number #84 at the 8:57 mark. Closest Bronco to Tebow when he scores the TD....yet, nowhere in the celebration.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tLmD8SdWSI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tLmD8SdWSI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Meck77
11-19-2011, 07:34 AM
That's all that matters. As much as people love to hear themselves and provide their expert analysis it doesn't mean a hill of beans to the team.

We're winning. "Winning ugly" "Winning despite tebow". We heard all that crap in 2006.

Bottom line the sign of a good leader is that they make people around them better.
It's happening. We're winning in Denver again!

TailgateNut
11-19-2011, 07:36 AM
Winning cures just about anything. Maybe righting the Bronco Ship will do the same for the Mane. I am convinced of the first, but not the second.

Smilin Assassin
11-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Winning cures just about anything. Maybe righting the Bronco Ship will do the same for the Mane. I am convinced of the first, but not the second.

Naw.

I'm convinced, while mostly Bronco fans on the Mane (You'd think, being that it's all-things Broncos), there are still some that simply love the debate....ANY debate.

Just as only a handful of HS football players from each class go on to the Pros, most of the the debate team has to make different career choices as well.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-19-2011, 08:00 AM
He scores touchdowns. He wins games. He's a decent human being in a league full of degenerates, deadbeat fathers, and murderers. He is nothing but humble and readily admits his own shortcomings. He sat there and politely fielded criticism from HOFer Micheal Irvin -- a guy who literally cut his own teammate's throat among countless other crimes -- saying that he will anything that is asked of him by his team. And yet he's the most polarizing figure in football... go figure.

Jay3
11-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Von Miller cracks me up -- he's been using that same answer in interviews a good bit, where he says something like "I'm with him no matter how many interceptions he throws, no matter how many touchdowns he throws."

Every time he gets to the interceptions part, I feel like answering out "Just one!"

SureShot
11-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Apparently Vickerson erupted in the press box after the score pounding his fists and chanting "Tebow! Tebow!"

barryr
11-19-2011, 08:29 AM
There are some "fans" that would rather the Broncos win with Tebow having little impact in the games for he simply believes in God and not afraid to express that, which drives the athiests nuts, while claiming to support freedom of speech of course. A good Christian is a suppressed one in their little worlds. Notice how they post mostly slams about Tebow even after a win. And I don't mean "he has to get better" as a slam since we all know he needs to and Tebow himself freely admits that, but the venom directed at him at a personal level shows it has more to do with his religious beliefs than his play. It is stupid to say the least.

CEH
11-19-2011, 08:31 AM
DJ Williams said on Twitter even he did the Florida chop and had to apologize to all the Cane fans

cutthemdown
11-19-2011, 08:41 AM

If Tebow drives off all the non believers in god it will be awesome around here!:rofl:

For god so loved the Broncos he sent his 2nd son to be our savoir. Book of the NFL chapter 1 verse 1. :thumbs:

cutthemdown
11-19-2011, 08:43 AM
He scores touchdowns. He wins games. He's a decent human being in a league full of degenerates, deadbeat fathers, and murderers. He is nothing but humble and readily admits his own shortcomings. He sat there and politely fielded criticism from HOFer Micheal Irvin -- a guy who literally cut his own teammate's throat among countless other crimes -- saying that he will anything that is asked of him by his team. And yet he's the most polarizing figure in football... go figure.

Exactly Irvin a player who set up a separate house for Cowboys to do drugs, party, and screw around with women behind their wives and girlfriends back. Thats was Irvins things. He probably was coke head and deviant explorer of group orgies and satan worship1 :angel: All hail the Tebow who will deliver us from evil. :rofl:

Dr. Broncenstein
11-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Exactly Irvin a player who set up a separate house for Cowboys to do drugs, party, and screw around with women behind their wives and girlfriends back. Thats was Irvins things. He probably was coke head and deviant explorer of group orgies and satan worship1 :angel: All hail the Tebow who will deliver us from evil. :rofl:

Irvin literally slashed a fellow teammate's throat over a barber shop argument. Irvin wasn't even prosecuted. He walked away freely because he was too valuable of a football player. Then he was placed in the NFL's Hall of Fame. Now he's a highly paid football analyst, who literally gets paid to critique others. But Tebow's faith makes people uncomfortable. What an indictment on our society as a whole.

BroncsCheer
11-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Again - I'm an atheist, and I dig the awesome Tebow brings.

Don't generalize.

The faith issues have less to do with one general group or another, than they do with the individual insecurities those who make a conscious choice to hate a person have.

I've been watching pro athletes quote chapter and verse, give thanks to the deity of their choice, and share prayer circles for years, and I'm not butthurt.

If Tebow was on another team, I wouldn't hate him for his proselytizing, I'd hate him for not being on the Broncos.

HooptyHoops
11-19-2011, 08:59 AM
100% leader....you hear all the stories, but Tebow makes people believe in him and follow him into battle.......so glad this guy is winning with our Broncos! Makes football fun again!

cutthemdown
11-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Irvin literally slashed a fellow teammate's throat over a barber shop argument. Irvin wasn't even prosecuted. He walked away freely because he was too valuable of a football player. Then he was placed in the NFL's Hall of Fame. Now he's a highly paid football analyst, who literally gets paid to critique others. But Tebow's faith makes people uncomfortable. What an indictment on our society as a whole.

I've been bible thumping this morning but for fun. I only wish my faith was like Tebows. I am sort of the faith makes you a better person theory, but can't totally convince myself god and the bible are true. It could be man made, i am a scientific person and believe things like the dinos, the age of the earth, and that the bible leaves those out.

But also god says its about faith. He may have left things out, the devil has done things to cast doubt, to test that faith. Who knows. All I know is my Christians friends who travel to africa to build wells for fresh water, are always doing things for others, are the ones in my life I try and be more like.

But when people seem to feel the need to rise up against religion, I fail to see what that gets you.

Baba Booey
11-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Teammates love Tebow. You can see it everytime he scores, or "wills them to a win", and they pile on him as if they just won the biggest game of their life.

...'cept one. Watch a certain former Bronco wearing number #84 at the 8:57 mark. Closest Bronco to Tebow when he scores the TD....yet, nowhere in the celebration.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tLmD8SdWSI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tLmD8SdWSI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Lloyd is a loser is the purest form. So glad he's rotting in St. Louis, but he's probably just happy he's getting his catches.

Despite all the success he had last year, he's still the same selfish prick as when he came into the league.

Play2win
11-19-2011, 09:08 AM
If Tebow drives off all the non believers in god it will be awesome around here!:rofl:

For god so loved the Broncos he sent his 2nd son to be our savoir. Book of the NFL chapter 1 verse 1. :thumbs:

Thats mighty Christian of you.

TailgateNut
11-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Just like all those other "good christians" around these parts. That better than thou attitude sure does "build friendships".

cutthemdown
11-19-2011, 09:17 AM
It's funny how no matter how many times i write that I am only screwing with people they still take me 100% serious.

God bless you all and you are all good Bronco fans.

DenverBroncosJM
11-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Again - I'm an atheist, and I dig the awesome Tebow brings.

Don't generalize.

The faith issues have less to do with one general group or another, than they do with the individual insecurities those who make a conscious choice to hate a person have.

I've been watching pro athletes quote chapter and verse, give thanks to the deity of their choice, and share prayer circles for years, and I'm not butthurt.

If Tebow was on another team, I wouldn't hate him for his proselytizing, I'd hate him for not being on the Broncos.

Same here. Just because I don't believe in boogeyman and a talking snake doesn't mean I cant appreciate another good person regardless of beliefs. Tebow wins and I'm on board

Broncochica
11-19-2011, 09:24 AM
I watched Von Miller's interview and he went on and on about Tebow you could just tell how much respect and loyalty he has for Tebow, how could you not! ^5

AlphaSeirra
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Just like all those other "good christians" around these parts. That better than thou attitude sure does "build friendships".

While some would still like to 'Throw all Christians to the Lions' to make friends. :~ohyah!:

I'm neutral on any sports - religion.
If I want religion, I go to church.
If I want sports, I go to the park.
What any player does or doesn't do off the field is his business, not mine.
It doesn't annoy me any more if they thump their own chest and dance,
or if they kneel to say thanks to somebody.
============

If you let them continually FALSELY claim that Tim can't throw the ball,
then you are HELPING them to wrongly discredit Tim as a Bronco/NFL QB.
All it takes for EVIL to prevail, is for GOOD men to do nothing.... :angel:

Under the 2010 Coaching/Admin:
Tebow's Passing:
Oak - 8 of 16, 50% for 138 yds, 17.25 yds/rec, 1 TD, ZERO Ints. The coaches limited his 1st start passing.
Hou - 16 of 29, 55.2% for 308 yds, 19.25 yds/rec, 1 TD, 1 Int. The coaches turned him loose passing. Won
SD -- 16 of 36, 44.4% for 205 yds, 12.8 yds/rec, 2 TD's, 2 Int's.
* Note: That was in what Fox calls a 'NORMAN' offense, not the Spread/Option offense.
IMO, Fox is the one that's 'SCREWED' (in the head), not Tebow.
So far, Tim has been carrying Fox, while Fox has tried unsuccessfully to drag Tim down.

The Broncos are not winning in SPITE OF TEBOW, but because of Tebow.
The Beoncos are actually winning in SPITE OF FOX.

And they have NOT installed the Meyer/UF Spread/Option offense, they are just using a few S/O plays to help
the weak Fox/McCoy offense overcome the opponents defense.

First 3+ Cold end of season starts: 41 of 82, 50%, 654 yds, 15.95 yds/rec, 4 TD's, 3 Ints, 82.1 PER
That is GREAT for a raw rookie QB in that situation.

Compare it to ANY Top NFL QB and you will find that it FAR EXCEEDS what ANY of the did,
and they had under WAY BETTER situations.

Sorry, but those who claim that Tim is a HORRIBLE passer are just FACTUALLY FoS! :gus:

They have given Tim little to no help/coaching until game 5 of his 2nd season,
but he still has a good PER and a GREAT TD/Int Ratio.

What is his rushing TD to lost poss fumble raito?
How about a freakin' off the scale 9 to 1 Ratio.
In his first 8 starts, Tebow has 21 TD's to just 5 Turnovers,
for an overall TD/TO Ratio of 4.2 to 1.

The Biggest (imo) mistake any QB can make is to turn the ball over.
The Best thing that a QB can do is to score a TD.
Making Tim's 4.2 to 1 TD/TO Ratio a very Big Deal,
especially considering how little help he has had so far.

Of the current Top 50 NFL QB's, Tim is #29 and moving up in Pass Efficiency Rating.
How would the 28 higher PER QB's be doing if we took away their Top 2 2010 WR's, huh? :nutkick

Tim and I both know and acknowledge that it takes a complete TEAM to win football games, this ain't golf.

Powderaddict
11-19-2011, 09:31 AM
I've said this and heard others say it as well --

The Defense LOVES Tebow. He plays tough physical football, isn't a pansy QB that shies away from all contact. I noticied it earlier in the season, that the Defense is often the first to come and congratulate Tebow on the sidelines when he does something well.

I think the Oline liked Orton (he took them to Vegas, treated them well), but I think they are coming around. I think they like playing a tough physical run based offense. I'm not sure about the WR's, but you have to believe they like winning 4 of 5 instead of losing 4 of 5.

To me, we are seeing the building of a culture, an identity, a TEAM. Something we haven't seen for a long time. We are starting to see confidence, and dare I say some swagger?

I'm loving it. I'm loving watching the talking heads explode. I love watching this team go from 53 individuals to 1 TEAM. I'm loving Fox and Allen. And Tebow is not the only one and doesn't deserve all the credit - but I really honestly believe he was the spark that got this all rolling.

I can't wait for the nSan Diego game and to see what happens next. I can't wait to see Miller, Tebow, and company in action.

Meck77
11-19-2011, 09:40 AM

The mane is what you make it. You or either part of the solution of making it better or part of the problem of making it worse.

Good thing about your religious hatred of Tebow that it has ZERO effect on the Denver Broncos. :thumbs:

Tebow has no idea you don't like him Leo. You getting worked up about him is all on you. Tebow is making millions, loving life and winning. Power to the kid! I could care less if his savior was Allah, Jesus, or the curb in the parking lot. The Broncos are an entertainment BUSINESS. The players get paid to do a job. Their job is to win and of course follow the rules of society and the league. So far Tebow is doing that.

AMEN! :tebow:

Broncos4Life
11-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I've said this and heard others say it as well --

The Defense LOVES Tebow. He plays tough physical football, isn't a pansy QB that shies away from all contact. I noticied it earlier in the season, that the Defense is often the first to come and congratulate Tebow on the sidelines when he does something well.

I think the Oline liked Orton (he took them to Vegas, treated them well), but I think they are coming around. I think they like playing a tough physical run based offense. I'm not sure about the WR's, but you have to believe they like winning 4 of 5 instead of losing 4 of 5.

To me, we are seeing the building of a culture, an identity, a TEAM. Something we haven't seen for a long time. We are starting to see confidence, and dare I say some swagger?

I'm loving it. I'm loving watching the talking heads explode. I love watching this team go from 53 individuals to 1 TEAM. I'm loving Fox and Allen. And Tebow is not the only one and doesn't deserve all the credit - but I really honestly believe he was the spark that got this all rolling.

I can't wait for the nSan Diego game and to see what happens next. I can't wait to see Miller, Tebow, and company in action.

I live in Illinois and occasionally listen to Chicago sports radio. What a bunch of idiots there. They are still doubting the kid. Saying hes a joke, the teams a joke, and WTH are Fox and co thinking.....

The wife and whole family are all Bears fans. When I first saw the schedule, there were only two teams I wanted Denver to beat for sure. Chokeland and Chicago. I am so sick about hearing about the Bears. That game may be one of the toughest to win this season. But i really hope we take it to SD. And especially to Weddle. I want to see Teebs just truck his ass!

cutthemdown
11-19-2011, 11:55 AM
I live in Illinois and occasionally listen to Chicago sports radio. What a bunch of idiots there. They are still doubting the kid. Saying hes a joke, the teams a joke, and WTH are Fox and co thinking.....

The wife and whole family are all Bears fans. When I first saw the schedule, there were only two teams I wanted Denver to beat for sure. Chokeland and Chicago. I am so sick about hearing about the Bears. That game may be one of the toughest to win this season. But i really hope we take it to SD. And especially to Weddle. I want to see Teebs just truck his ass!

The Bears oline been playing better but i doubt they have seen a Doom Miller combo attack. Man I hope we get to Rivers next week, and then also Cutler when we play the Bears. How sweet would that be.

Binkythefrog
11-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Not usually big fan of Bill Simmons and Grantland, but there is a recent article there I think that does a great job capturing how his teammates believe in him.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/10128/tim-tebow-and-the-miracles

"For the answer, go back to 3:55 remaining in the fourth quarter. Tebow, barely bothering to look upfield, cradles the ball and takes off like a Greyhound bus driven by a meth head. There on the horizon, he sees the usually unwelcoming vista that is Revis Island. And what does he do? Does he trot out of bounds and save some clock and spare himself the contact? Nope. He barrels over Revis like a hurricane, stays in bounds, and gets that much closer to the end zone.

That's why you block for a guy like that. That's why you run route after useless route and try to save play after broken play. That's why, if you're on defense, you are just trying to keep it close, just trying to ding Sanchez up enough to make him jumpy, just trying to frustrate the Jets receiver corps enough to make them give up on their game plan."

Dedhed
11-19-2011, 03:04 PM
It's funny how no matter how many times i write that I am only screwing with people they still take me 100% serious.

God bless you all and you are all good Bronco fans.

It's nothing more than another trolling angle. Glad you're proud of it.

Archer81
11-19-2011, 03:36 PM
I am just realizing how bat**** insane Denver will go if they make the playoffs. That's looking way ahead, and the team has some tough games coming up.

But still...its nice to think playoffs in late November and have that be a distinct possibility.

:Broncos:

BroncsCheer
11-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I can't wait to see Miller, Tebow, and company in action.

The only downside to the thursday win is having to wait nine more days to see the team play.

I'm going to appease my short Broncos withdrawal by going after some big trout tomorrow.

Cito Pelon
11-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Tebow has that "it" factor that you don't see too often. Like Elway said though, their job is to make him into a great QB. And that certainly is their job, same as Reeves tried to make Elway into a great QB.

Cito Pelon
11-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't blame anybody for bagging on Tebow. Dude looks awkward.

bronclvr
11-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Last night on Sirius Radio's "Late & Hits", Gil Brandt told a story about Tebow-turns out that just before our preseason %ame with #allas that Tebow showed
up at the YMCA in Dallas unanounced and spent time with the kids there trying to be a good role model. How can you not love this kid?

Dutch
11-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Came across this one today and hadn't seen it posted anywhere:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-chaltain/tim-tebow_b_1101769.html

One of the better reads from the national level.

Simple Jake
11-19-2011, 08:12 PM
I get the feeling Decker is a bit selfish.. Always seems quiet and sad looking when he isn't getting his catches

broncobum6162
11-19-2011, 08:29 PM
The mane is what you make it. You or either part of the solution of making it better or part of the problem of making it worse.

Good thing about your religious hatred of Tebow that it has ZERO effect on the Denver Broncos. :thumbs:

Tebow has no idea you don't like him Leo. You getting worked up about him is all on you. Tebow is making millions, loving life and winning. Power to the kid! I could care less if his savior was Allah, Jesus, or the curb in the parking lot. The Broncos are an entertainment BUSINESS. The players get paid to do a job. Their job is to win and of course follow the rules of society and the league. So far Tebow is doing that.

Hallelujah! Nuff said! :wave::bronxrox:

troya900
11-19-2011, 09:03 PM

God rewatching that just pisses me off more. That 15 yarder on DJ was such bull****. At the least that other douche should've gotten 15 as well if not the personal foul just on him.

Bronx33
11-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Ya know before i read the article i knew i was going to say you cant trust what players say to the media cause they will just do the same routine and not speak the truth but it appears royal i genuine cause that isn't a typical routine response.

I am optimistic but time will tell us that in the end so it is what it is.

mkporter
11-19-2011, 11:23 PM
There are some "fans" that would rather the Broncos win with Tebow having little impact in the games for he simply believes in God and not afraid to express that, which drives the athiests nuts, while claiming to support freedom of speech of course. A good Christian is a suppressed one in their little worlds. Notice how they post mostly slams about Tebow even after a win. And I don't mean "he has to get better" as a slam since we all know he needs to and Tebow himself freely admits that, but the venom directed at him at a personal level shows it has more to do with his religious beliefs than his play. It is stupid to say the least.

Glad you've got such great insight into what drives us atheists nuts. You'll find, however, that there are quite a few of us who are unashamed to root for Tebow. The NFL is full of players who thank Jesus for everything they do. If you can't deal with that, then you probably aren't going to be a football fan.

Also, pulling the "freedom of speech" card? Perhaps you should educate yourself on what that particular freedom actually means. Have you seen anyone, anywhere say that he shouldn't be allowed to say what he wants? Freedom of speech comes with the caveat that everyone is allowed to express an opinion about the contents of your speech.

Happy Holidays.

ZONA
11-20-2011, 12:07 AM

You should post this in the revisit Lloyd trade. It wasn't even so much that Tebow ran it in for the TD, it was because we RAN for a TD. Look at the 2 point conversion where we hand the ball off to McGehee. #84 was not exactly excited there either.

Glad that dude is gone. Good player but winning isn't enough for some people. They have to be heavily involved in the game or it's not fun for them. I sincerely believe that Lloyd would rather have 20 catches and 2 TD in a losing effort then 1 catch for 10 with no TD's in a winning effort.

Vegas_Bronco
11-20-2011, 06:03 AM
C. S. Lewis spoke of a similar dilemma faced by someone who must choose whether to accept or reject the Savior’s divinity—where there is likewise no middle ground: “I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: ‘I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.’ That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. … You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. … But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.”

By the time Tebow leaves football ESPN will have answered th question of whether he was a great chalk player or not. Regardless, it is the one question Timmy doesn't care to emphasize. He truly calls this a 'game' and wills himself to believe in the Savior first and then all his other priorities fall in accordingly. This works in life but is quickly muffled in the NFL...we are spectators to this juxtaposition and in observation mode we must choose to either support his role as our qb or a good person...or we say he is a madman
cracked up bus driver...both of which define the character in the observer...Hoge is obviously a Christian, but firmly believes tebow is a crcked up bus driver. Makes this topic too fun.

barryr
11-20-2011, 06:06 AM
Glad you've got such great insight into what drives us atheists nuts. You'll find, however, that there are quite a few of us who are unashamed to root for Tebow. The NFL is full of players who thank Jesus for everything they do. If you can't deal with that, then you probably aren't going to be a football fan.

Also, pulling the "freedom of speech" card? Perhaps you should educate yourself on what that particular freedom actually means. Have you seen anyone, anywhere say that he shouldn't be allowed to say what he wants? Freedom of speech comes with the caveat that everyone is allowed to express an opinion about the contents of your speech.

Happy Holidays.

You are in the minority around here since the athiest group seems to think they can't root for Tebow. I am happy you can put idiocy aside, but since I don't play that petty crap of not liking a player for his religious or political beliefs, I have nothing to "deal with."

As for freedom of speech, wow, that was a real "educational" moment there. Gee, never thought of that. And yes, there are some around here that think Tebow should keep his religion to himself, so that is the same thing. Maybe you should "educated" on that and spend so much time on being defensive of hating something you don't even believe in. Yes, now that makes sense doesn't it? Hmm, hate something you don't think exists. One can see in your tone the bitterness and hatred, yet for something you would claim you don't believe in. And you call that being "educated?" Ugh.

KO5K
11-20-2011, 06:35 AM
I get the feeling Decker is a bit selfish.. Always seems quiet and sad looking when he isn't getting his catches

Decker was starting to get attention early on in the season, I'm not necessarily talking a pro-bowl place, but people began to know who he was.

I guess from a personal perspective that's tough for him because now he's struggling to get a catch a game.

vonqkilla
11-20-2011, 06:40 AM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=xlgMvml3v8o

See if you can spot the good teammates vs the notsogood.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xlgMvml3v8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
11-20-2011, 06:48 AM
Decker was starting to get attention early on in the season, I'm not necessarily talking a pro-bowl place, but people began to know who he was.

I guess from a personal perspective that's tough for him because now he's struggling to get a catch a game.

Maybe he should focus on getting better with his hands.

Jay3
11-20-2011, 06:51 AM

He's had about three overthrown balls that might have been long touchdowns if he displayed more of a closing burst.

KO5K
11-20-2011, 06:55 AM

I was going to edit my post to say that him struggling to catch a ball is not just on Tebow but on him.

Considering this was a guy known for his hands in college, I haven't been all that impressed by them.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 07:11 AM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=xlgMvml3v8o

See if you can spot the good teammates vs the notsogood.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xlgMvml3v8o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeMaryius Thomas didn't even try to block anyone. The guy who ended up shoving Tebow out of bounds ran right by Thomas. The sad part of that is that blocking was supposed to be one of Thomas' strengths coming out of college since he played in a run-heavy offense in college. Thomas was supposed to be a "good guy" when we drafted him...the "un-Brandon Marshall". Sorry but Brandon Marshall used to block in the running game.

Dedhed
11-20-2011, 08:24 AM
You are in the minority around here since the athiest group seems to think they can't root for Tebow.
I don't think that's the case at all. Outside of Tailgatenut I haven't seen much of what you're trying to espouse here.

I can't stand religion, and I've been as big a supporter of Tebow as anyone. His faith is simply not a part of the equation for me.

Broncoman13
11-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Hey, I consider myself a "good christian"... never stopped us from being friends. I think the key is to be open minded and understand that you don't HAVE to agree with everything or everyone. My role in life isn't to make you change your opinion, nor is yours to change mine (speaking in general terms, not your opinion as you personally but you in general).

mkporter
11-20-2011, 09:36 AM
You are in the minority around here since the athiest group seems to think they can't root for Tebow. I am happy you can put idiocy aside, but since I don't play that petty crap of not liking a player for his religious or political beliefs, I have nothing to "deal with."

As for freedom of speech, wow, that was a real "educational" moment there. Gee, never thought of that. And yes, there are some around here that think Tebow should keep his religion to himself, so that is the same thing. Maybe you should "educated" on that and spend so much time on being defensive of hating something you don't even believe in. Yes, now that makes sense doesn't it? Hmm, hate something you don't think exists. One can see in your tone the bitterness and hatred, yet for something you would claim you don't believe in. And you call that being "educated?" Ugh.

Who here thinks they can't root for Tebow because he is openly christian? I'll wait.

People thinking he should keep his thoughts to himself is in no way akin to suppressing his free speech. IMO, he should say whatever we wants. The reaction to his words are for him to deal with. The only thing I'm being defensive of is ignorance, which you are espousing in trying to characterize how all of us atheists think. I don't hate your religion, and nothing I've posted suggests otherwise. I just think it is nonsense, but as long as you are being a decent person, I don't really care how you spend your sundays. Feel free to continue inventing things that I'm not saying, however.

TheReverend
11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I don't think that's the case at all. Outside of Tailgatenut I haven't seen much of what you're trying to espouse here.

I can't stand religion, and I've been as big a supporter of Tebow as anyone. His faith is simply not a part of the equation for me.

There's a few others but it seems to be the vast minority. Most can separate beliefs from football. Novel concept, lol.

Simple Jake
11-20-2011, 11:07 AM
I was going to edit my post to say that him struggling to catch a ball is not just on Tebow but on him.

Considering this was a guy known for his hands in college, I haven't been all that impressed by them.

This.. I remember hearing that he catches everything thrown his way.. his hands have been mediocre at best

cutthemdown
11-20-2011, 10:30 PM
It's nothing more than another trolling angle. Glad you're proud of it.

It's not trolling at all. I never blow up a thread with sarcastic crap unless it's a thread that deserves it. The religious BS is getting stupid so I decided to make fun of it. Hope you are proud of how you're just not smart enough to get it. Not like I come into good football thread, about football, and troll them with BS.

Blart
11-20-2011, 10:58 PM

Good thing you're here to stick up for Christianity!

epicSocialism4tw
11-21-2011, 01:29 AM

Well, when there are haters, there are supporters as counterparts.

So if you wouldn't constantly hate on people for their beliefs, there would be little need for supporters, right? ;D

barryr
11-21-2011, 05:53 AM
Who here thinks they can't root for Tebow because he is openly christian? I'll wait.

People thinking he should keep his thoughts to himself is in no way akin to suppressing his free speech. IMO, he should say whatever we wants. The reaction to his words are for him to deal with. The only thing I'm being defensive of is ignorance, which you are espousing in trying to characterize how all of us atheists think. I don't hate your religion, and nothing I've posted suggests otherwise. I just think it is nonsense, but as long as you are being a decent person, I don't really care how you spend your sundays. Feel free to continue inventing things that I'm not saying, however.

You expect anyone that shallow to admit to that? When people bring up his religion and bashing him, that pretty much says it all. And who said I was a Christian? Look who is being ignorant and characterizing all of them too since maybe people can see the hypocrisy of it all without being tied to one side of the other. What you believe is for you and your problem, and I really don't care what your personal feelings are. But I will point out the hypocrisy and that I wll continue to do, thank you. If that bothers you, well, then don't be so defensive about your opinion about it all or complain to someone else who cares.

barryr
11-21-2011, 05:55 AM

I am sticking up for Tebow and his right to believe what he wants and against those who think he should keep his beliefs to himself despite the fact he is not pushing his beliefs on anybody and telling others what they should do or not do, unlike most of his destractors. The hypocrisy in regards to Tebow is so blatant it is stupid.

ShutDownPoster
11-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Well, most NFL athletes, coaches, etc are Christians, right? I mean...kneeling and praying before and after games is nothing new.

I myself was raised Christian, but currently I do not support or practice the beliefs. Now we have Tebow, a sincerely devout Christian who just happens to be a freakish athlete with untiring work ethic and a will to win. This was bound to happen in one way or another. You can look at it like this : Successful Hollywood superstars like Cruise & Travolta who are devout Scientologists - now I can give a **** about Scientology, but it doesn't keep me from watching Pulp Fiction or Risky Business.

I respect his faith, and if it drives him to work harder and win more games than more power to him. It's that performance on the field that matters to me and I gotta tell ya - watching that last drive on Thursday night was so amazing. I had the same feeling in '85 when I flipped on a game and watched #7 - and became a Broncos fan for life....and I'm a born and bred New Yorker, and up until I watched the Duke play I actually hated football - winning a game when the whole world is against you - man, that's what football is all about - and that's why his teammates love Tebow.

Blart
11-21-2011, 08:22 AM
despite the fact he is not pushing his beliefs on anybody and telling others what they should do or not do

Unless you count women as people, I agree.

mkporter
11-21-2011, 09:37 AM
You expect anyone that shallow to admit to that? When people bring up his religion and bashing him, that pretty much says it all. And who said I was a Christian? Look who is being ignorant and characterizing all of them too since maybe people can see the hypocrisy of it all without being tied to one side of the other. What you believe is for you and your problem, and I really don't care what your personal feelings are. But I will point out the hypocrisy and that I wll continue to do, thank you. If that bothers you, well, then don't be so defensive about your opinion about it all or complain to someone else who cares.

I certainly didn't mean to offend you by assuming you were christian. Please accept my apologies. However, when I assumed you were christian, I was not making any commentary about you or christianity, as I'm sure you noted, despite your attempt to ridiculously equate my assumption with your generalization and value judgement of all atheists.

I'm assuming since I'm you believe me to be so ignorant, that you aren't christian, yes?

hookemhess
11-21-2011, 09:43 AM
The way he was mobbed by his teammates after he scored was sensational. I'm still a little skeptical about that Decker fella though...

IIRC Decker was the first to jump on him after the game-winning TD run. Although I am skeptical, too. He's been seeing a lot of action & probably seeing dollar signs in possibly re-negotiating his rookie contract.

hookemhess
11-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm not going to quote posts, but WHY ARE ALL THREADS DEVOLVING INTO RELIGION?

BMF Bronco
11-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Because the Tebow haters can no longer say he can't win in the NFL, so they have to bitch about something.

Blart
11-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Well let's see who mentioned religion first in this thread...

the venom directed at him at a personal level shows it has more to do with his religious beliefs than his play.

Look at any thread on Tebow and religion, and you'll see a similar comment that starts the debate.

Obviously you can't critique Tebow on his play, since he's proven himself flawless, therefore the critic is a "hater" and an atheist.

Bronco Vixen
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Amen! Yes! This! Exacto!

But take it easy on the philandering crackhead. I mean who among us can't claim a bit of ATTEMPTED MURDER on the ol' resume? Has Tebow taught us nothing about throwing stones? Dude was in his chair for Christ's sake! Such disrespect flat out demands that one's lucky stabbing scissors be brandished. Besides, he missed his carotid by at least an inch so just chill out doc.

Archer81
11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Thread title misleading...

:Broncos:

Dr. Broncenstein
11-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Amen! Yes! This! Exacto!

But take it easy on the philandering crackhead. I mean who among us can't claim a bit of ATTEMPTED MURDER on the ol' resume? Has Tebow taught us nothing about throwing stones? Dude was in his chair for Christ's sake! Such disrespect flat out demands that one's lucky stabbing scissors be brandished. Besides, he missed his carotid by at least an inch so just chill out doc.

In all fairness, I cut somebody's throat about every other day. It's just that I don't like Irvin's total disregard for sterile technique.

RaiderH8r
11-22-2011, 07:03 PM

All hail Parking Lot Curb...