PDA

View Full Version : Pre Game Elway interview

DenverBroncosJM
11-18-2011, 12:52 PM
This was pretty enjoyable to watch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8243de18/article/the-next-elway-numbers-put-tebow-in-legendary-company

BroncsCheer
11-18-2011, 01:01 PM
I see absolutely nothing in this interview that would even remotely rationalize or justify all of the "Elway doesn't want Tebow on the team" derp.

ZONA
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
This was pretty enjoyable to watch.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8243de18/article/the-next-elway-numbers-put-tebow-in-legendary-company

That was a great watch. Some good inside stuff and some great laughs. Nice.

ZONA
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I see absolutely nothing in this interview that would even remotely rationalize or justify all of the "Elway doesn't want Tebow on the team" derp.

Yup. As John repeated, his stand has been all along that Tebow is a great football player with a ton of heart and will and they love him but it's their job to make him a great QB.

I don't think this team has any plans to send him packing in a trade. They still might draft another QB but I honestly think at this point they love his attitude and competitiveness so much they are willing to give him a true offseason of working with his coaches, John himself, and his WR's to improve the passing game.

I also think John and some of the other coaches are liking this option wrinkle. Yes they'd like to have more balance but even John is saying this option thing, especially once the passing game become more stable and productive, is going to cause even more headaches for defenders.

Love it.

bendog
11-18-2011, 01:14 PM
I am so saddened by the lack of respect Elway gives Tebow and his obvious unwillingness to even consider Tebow as a longterm quarterback. This coaching staff is a total failure, and none of these guys belongs anywhere near the arena league let alone the NFL

enjolras
11-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't think this team has any plans to send him packing in a trade. They still might draft another QB but I honestly think at this point they love his attitude and competitiveness so much they are willing to give him a true offseason of working with his coaches, John himself, and his WR's to improve the passing game.

He's playing them out of any possibility of drafting a decent QB anyways. Your not going to find a franchise guy at pick 16.

bendog
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM
He's playing them out of any possibility of drafting a decent QB anyways. Your not going to find a franchise guy at pick 16.

Yeah, but honestly I think Tebow's got more potential than anyone in the draft outside of Luck. At one pt I'm pretty sure Elway was considering this years 1 and 2 and next years 1 if we were in the top 5, but that's long gone.

ZONA
11-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Umm, the best 3 QB's playing right now would disagree with you.

Drew Brees 2001 / Round: 2 / Pick: 32

Tom Brady 2000 / Round: 6 / Pick: 199

Aaron Rodgers 2005 / Round: 1 / Pick: 24

In my humble opinion, what's makes some of these NFL greats the players they are today is not how good they were coming into the league. It's how they have improved since coming into the league. Their work ethic, their drive to win, their willingness to prepare and work on their game, etc.

I see all that stuff in Tebow so far. Did you not see the pregame graphic of John Elway's vs Tim Tebow's 1st 7 games. It's not even close. I think Tebow has more then earned the right to have a full offseason to help him to try and do what those other guys have done. Work on his game, work on his weaknesses. He already has the work ethic and drive to win, probably even more so then any QB's in the draft.

Smiling Assassin27
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM
On the WR's: They're great receivers but they'll also stick their nose in there and block...'cept for Bay Bay..

Smiling Assassin27
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
p.s. If anyone can track down a picture of irvin and elway playing doubles, you're the king.

bendog
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM

In my humble opinion, what's makes some of these NFL greats the players they are today is not how good they were coming into the league. It's how they have improved since coming into the league. Their work ethic, their drive to win, their willingness to prepare and work on their game, etc.

I see all that stuff in Tebow so far. Did you not see the pregame graphic of John Elway's vs Tim Tebow's 1st 7 games. It's not even close. I think Tebow has more then earned the right to have a full offseason to help him to try and do what those other guys have done. Work on his game, work on his weaknesses. He already has the work ethic and drive to win, probably even more so then any QB's in the draft.

yeah, but imo the 4 guys who really look to have a shot at being one are going in the top 1/2 of the draft.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I never realized this but I hate Marshal Faulk. **** him! When you start to lose and the WR start to get pissed will you stop running the option. WTF? Elway should have put him in his place. Great job by Elway though, very well spoken man, very professional.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 01:46 PM

Rich Gannon wasnt in those guys league, but he was drafted as a dback right?

That One Guy
11-18-2011, 08:21 PM
I saw the first 7 games thing on ESPN and my first thought was "Where the F did all those yards come from?"

Just figure out why Tebow was a better passer last year than this year and go that direction. It'd be a place to start.

HooptyHoops
11-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I saw the first 7 games thing on ESPN and my first thought was "Where the F did all those yards come from?"

Just figure out why Tebow was a better passer last year than this year and go that direction. It'd be a place to start.

I thought the exact same thing! Those stats though....the TD's he is kicking out are CRAZY!

Kaylore
11-18-2011, 10:07 PM
I like how he handled the "would you have drafted Tebow" question. That's a tough question that they sprung on him.

dbfan21
11-19-2011, 02:49 AM
Great video. Thanks for tracking it down. That was fun to watch. I like that John will spend time with Tim this offseason working on some QB stuff.

dsmoot
11-19-2011, 03:11 AM
I am so saddened by the lack of respect Elway gives Tebow and his obvious unwillingness to even consider Tebow as a longterm quarterback. This coaching staff is a total failure, and none of these guys belongs anywhere near the arena league let alone the NFL

Using absolutes such as A Total Failure is usually indicative that you are Totally wrong.

BabyTO
11-19-2011, 04:39 AM
easy to say you support him right before he's about to face arguably the toughest defense in the league

tebow plays well and wins, despite elway and fox. those idiots keep telling him every week he'll lose his job if he doesnt play well or win. theyre ready to dumb him if he loses. now that he's 4-1 theyre kissing his ass. wait until this team loses again and see what these idiots are going to say about him. cant throw, he'd be screwed without the option plays etc. and now suddenly theyre saying it was stupid to say. these two guys are idiots, they are just waiting for tebow to slip so they can move on from him. they are not committed to him. every first round QB gets a few seasons as a starter to see if he's their guy. tebow gets one game. as soon as he loses they'll try to dump him. so dont give me this "i dont see how elway doesnt want tebow" after tebow saved this guy from being fired. of course hes gonna kiss tebows ass now that hes winning. he'd not get another job in the nfl if he gets rid of tebow. with orton or quinn in that lineup he and fox would have been fired by now and be done in the nfl.