PDA

View Full Version : Denver tied for 3rd in NFL with 27 sacks

mr007
11-18-2011, 11:46 AM
This year through 10 games - tied for 3rd with 27.

Last year through 16 games - dead last with 23.

Awesome to see this!!

IHaveALight
11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Safe to say drafting Von was a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th trailing by 3 with a full count.

Baba Booey
11-18-2011, 11:59 AM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/6484/vonmiller.jpg

TonyR
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Awesome to see this!!

That is huge.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Von and doom of the edges has made the inside blitzes so much easier. Too bad Ayers not a stud pass rusher, but he is sort of ok at everything. A stud at his spot would be epic though. How would you handle that with Miller coming in behind him?

boppool
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Von and doom of the edges has made the inside blitzes so much easier. Too bad Ayers not a stud pass rusher, but he is sort of ok at everything. A stud at his spot would be epic though. How would you handle that with Miller coming in behind him?

Although Ayers hasn't progressed as fast as we hoped, I still think he can get there in time. Especially with Elvis and Von drawing extra attentions.

jutang
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Ayers has become a pretty good at setting the edge and run support. He isnt flashy, but will be a solid player for the next 5-6 years.

mr007
11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Safe to say drafting Von was a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th trailing by 3 with a full count.

Yes, soooo glad we didn't go for Peterson!

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Although Ayers hasn't progressed as fast as we hoped, I still think he can get there in time. Especially with Elvis and Von drawing extra attentions.

He's a decent player. Pretty good against the run, and if the defense covers might get a pressure or a sack here and there. I was only mentioning that spot as to how it pertains to an all time epic pass rush that would destroy the will of teams to throw and force everyone to run the read option! :) lol.

With doom the fast guy on one end, if you had a big pass rusher like a Richard Dent( but not as good I realize he is HOF) with Miller as the blitzer that would be really crappy to play QB against. If you threw in a mean ass MLB that also got after the passer man that couple be deadly. Just saying we have 2 great pass rushers. You add another one and it would make 3rd downs a nightmare. Broncos obviously have to look for well rounded players, but maybe when its a tie you go with the better pass rusher. Just keep building it to take advantage of all these teams who throw 30 times a game.

If the run a lot they are playing our game. There won't be a lot of possessions and the games will be close. I don't think teams want to be up against Tebow needing a score to win in the 4th quarter. More likely they will try and throw and put us in a hole.

A pass rush to end all qbs. That is what we need. We are good but we need another one IMO to be great.

KevinJames
11-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Dumervil has been coming along as of late too I think hes finally healthy 3.5 sacks.