PDA

View Full Version : One major problem on final drive

broncocalijohn
11-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Ok, here is the anti-McCaffrey block I have seen. No, this has nothing to do with Decker. This can rank up there with the recent DeSean Jackson turtling from a few games ago. See, the 3:40 mark of Tebow's run towards Revis. Anyone see a problem with D. Thomas on this play?
http://youtu.be/InOMuXseDVw

I couldnt find one of the final drive but you can fast forward this one. Anyone else can embed this too as my computer never seems to be able to do it.

Hopefully, coaches get on his ass for his lack of _____________ .
My insert would be balls.

vonqkilla
11-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Dt was lining up a kill shot but didnt take it. I was ok with it since it looked like tebow was heading out. Didnt impact the play at all.

gyldenlove
11-18-2011, 10:43 AM
He needs to get in the face of 94 on that play.

broncocalijohn
11-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Dt was lining up a kill shot but didnt take it. I was ok with it since it looked like tebow was heading out. Didnt impact the play at all.

Dude, he stepps out of the way of #94! There is no excuse for that. I a going to say it; D. THomas went out of his way NOT to protect his QB! I don't care if Thomas just stands there to be in the way and gets bum rushed by #94. Your QB is exposed in the open field and you either protect him to get out of bounds safely or you actually put a block on #94 so h doesnt catch up to Tebow and gets stopped and/or gets injured.
Ed McCaffrey would have tried to lay him out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqie0q7I5Y

Click that for great memories and what a wide receiver's full package should include.

TheChamp24
11-18-2011, 10:50 AM

If Thomas actually blocks someone, whether it be Revis or 94, Tebow picks up a first down. Pretty important.

vonqkilla
11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Just watched the clip, and you are totally right, DT has got to hit that guy, go low, ole block was chickens$#:-(t.

Good call.

I really dont like his attitude at all. Diva, soft, aloof, all describe him.

DomCasual
11-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, at least try and slow him down. That's pathetic.

R8R H8R
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Ok, here is the anti-McCaffrey block I have seen. No, this has nothing to do with Decker. This can rank up there with the recent DeSean Jackson turtling from a few games ago. See, the 3:40 mark of Tebow's run towards Revis. Anyone see a problem with D. Thomas on this play?
http://youtu.be/InOMuXseDVw

I couldnt find one of the final drive but you can fast forward this one. Anyone else can embed this too as my computer never seems to be able to do it.

Hopefully, coaches get on his ass for his lack of _____________ .
My insert would be balls.

This probably explains why he isn't getting more play time. Let's face it, the Broncos are a running team now and the WR's are blockers first, decoys second, and catchers third. Apparently, DT hasn't figured that out yet.

ol#7
11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
DT has the least impressive body language I have ever seen. Guy just doesnt compete half the time.

Steve Prefontaine
11-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, at least try and slow him down. That's pathetic.

Exactly this.

Shotgun Willie
11-18-2011, 11:29 AM
He simply knew that if he touched him, he'd probably break a hand....or both....and be done for the year.

FISH
11-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Just watched the clip, and you are totally right, DT has got to hit that guy, go low, ole block was chickens$#:-(t.

Good call.

I really dont like his attitude at all. Diva, soft, aloof, all describe him.

Agreed....the last couple of games he just doesnt seem to give a crap. At least it appears that way... whether he catches the ball or not....its the same arms down no reaction...as if hes board like Revis

cabronco
11-18-2011, 11:34 AM
He needs to get in the face of 94 on that play.

To me it looked like DT saw #94 coming full steam, and elected not to get blown up himself, and did the sidestep to get out of his way. It also looked like TT was heading out of bounds, til he juked Revis about the same time, so let him slide on that one. But as someone said, he does look aloof at times.

ColoradoDarin
11-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I noticed that on the replay, he probably thought Tebow was going out of bounds and didn't want to get a late hit penalty, but the least he could have stepping in front of him

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Yep he had 3 jets he could have smacked and chose to just do nothing. Holy cow you need to want to smack people in the mouth.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
In the open field you should relish hitting the big Dlineman. Go low and CUTTHEMDOWN.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Had that been Hines Ward in his prime he would have head hunted one of them.

Mr. Elway
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
I think you have to give DT the benefit of the doubt that he is still not 100%, and I know that type of injury can affect your confidence too.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
I think you have to give DT the benefit of the doubt that he is still not 100%, and I know that type of injury can affect your confidence too.

I agree there is tons we never get to know. At first it looked like he would be a big part of the gameplan. Tebow could really use a throw it up let him go fight for it type of WR. Thomas really the only guy on roster like that.

ZONA
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Sorry but Thomas has to make some type of attempt on that block. Even if it's just making slight contact with the defenders inside shoulder. That forces the defender even more up field with a worse angle and that's probably a 1st down. He didn't need to go for a full out block with a chance at getting blown up so the theory that he didn't do that because he's not 100% is BS. Just get in the way a little bit and get at least a partial block to slow the guy down by 1 step. I think even a puny man like Sproles could have slowed the defender down a little bit. Thomas has an almost like TE build. No excuse there. Don't just b**** out 100% on that block. Totally weak.

Simple Jake
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Stuff like this I don't understand.. when I played sports in high school, I was always trying to knock somebody out of the game.. i realize this isnt high school but come on man, wheres the competitiveness? isn't that the guy who put Tebow on his ass early in the game anyway? Perfect opportunity for some payback.. Not sure what DT was thinking right there

jutang
11-18-2011, 01:47 PM
That is a great pickup.... Horrible effort there by DT. Sad when you take in account his measurables. I've seen kickers do a better job.

Mecklomaniac
11-18-2011, 01:53 PM
To be fair DT would be out on IR if he made the block...

Had hopes that he would be a replacement for marshall as a big physical reciever. Thomas plays as if he was 135 lbs, instead of 235lbs.

Dedhed
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Yup, that was pretty soft. Dude's gotta step it up.

Archie
11-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I watched that play in the stadium and was absolutely stunned by DT's just standing there with nothing to do. Absolutely needs to learn to lay the wood. You never know before hand whether the block you are making is the one that springs the TD. You just do it. It's like blocking a shot in hockey. You just do it.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 02:24 PM
To be fair DT would be out on IR if he made the block...

Had hopes that he would be a replacement for marshall as a big physical reciever. Thomas plays as if he was 135 lbs, instead of 235lbs.

I hate to say it but Marshall is the perfect WR for a guy like Tebow. Tebow doesnt really need great route runners, he needs guys to fight for the ball 1 on 1 downfield. But he is a head case and I am glad we don't have to deal with him.

enjolras
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
Two'ish plays before DT had a killer stiff-arm as he was going out of bounds... he's gonna be fine. I think he's a LONG ways away from game shape and is still functionally a rookie receiver.

DarkHorse
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
A simple chip block could have done wonders for the end of that play because Revis basically mirrors DT's anti-physical move.

mkporter
11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
I hate to say it but Marshall is the perfect WR for a guy like Tebow. Tebow doesnt really need great route runners, he needs guys to fight for the ball 1 on 1 downfield. But he is a head case and I am glad we don't have to deal with him.

I think Lloyd might have been the perfect guy. Someone who can make the acrobatic catches on anything thrown near him. He did a lot of work to make Orton look good. Tebow could use some of that.

ghwk
11-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Glass shatters so glass don't block.

bowtown
11-18-2011, 03:14 PM

Tebow already has 2 receivers that drop every pass, what does he need another one for?

ludo21
11-18-2011, 04:00 PM
meh, no biggie.

He hits someone and gets a penalty and this thread is here anyway with the reverse being said about him

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Tebow already has 2 receivers that drop every pass, what does he need another one for?

Well he drops one out of 10 or so I guess but still can fight for the ball for 80 a yr. He is what he is. Like I said I don't miss him.

Broncos do need some more WR though because Royal not physical and D Thomas hasn't come on yet. I guess if by end of yr he does then it would not be as big of a need.