PDA

View Full Version : Elway's reaction

Dagmar
11-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm sure this won't be popular but his reaction to the GAME WINNING TD was lackluster at best.

MacGruder?

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/tin-foil-hat.jpg

zms325i
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Tin hat

snowspot66
11-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Maybe it's a good thing he was reserved. I'm in my 20's and I think I hurt my back when Tebow scored.

Know your limits.

BlaK-Argentina
11-17-2011, 10:13 PM
He was standing, clapping and smiling. Come on.

JDB7821
11-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I thought the same thing the first time they showed it, but they showed his reaction from the beginning later and he was elated. He seemed to go from fan to professional in an instant.

Archer81
11-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Vine started a thread like this. It is now in the butt.

Elway did a fist pump, then settled into an executive clap.

Geeze...

:Broncos:

beardedwonder
11-17-2011, 10:16 PM
Tin foil hat wearing mother ****er

fdf
11-17-2011, 10:17 PM

Not right after Tebow scored. He looked like he'd eaten a lemon. A couple minutes later they showed him clapping.

Dagmar
So, the tinfoil hat didn't imply sarcasm? Bloody hell.

KO5K
Xanders reaction was priceless.

Orange4Life
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I thought the same thing the first time they showed it, but they showed his reaction from the beginning later and he was elated. He seemed to go from fan to professional in an instant.

This. They show the clip late. I saw one clip from the very first where he jumped out of the chair fist pumping and then when to an easy clap. You have to remember John is a professional.

Dagmar
11-17-2011, 10:23 PM
You would think the GIANT IMAGE OF SOMEONE in a tinfoil hat would have implied the joke nature of the thread.

Orange4Life
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
You would think the GIANT IMAGE OF SOMEONE in a tinfoil hat would have implied the joke nature of the thread.

LOL Yeah your right. Just a little too juiced up right now!

Archer81
11-17-2011, 10:25 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cqjauhe

doonwise
11-17-2011, 10:29 PM
It was an appropriate reaction -- the Legend is in it to win superbowls and he's not yet convinced Tim can do that. Are you?

Sassy
11-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Not right after Tebow scored. He looked like he'd eaten a lemon. A couple minutes later they showed him clapping.

I thought it was weird as well...he clapped but he looked pissed.

Armchair Bronco
11-17-2011, 10:31 PM

:notworthy

Yeah, the clapping was because he realized that the cameras would be on him. But the initial reaction was like: "****, if Tebow keeps this up, he may end up being more popular than me!"

broncocalijohn
11-17-2011, 10:36 PM

You would too if you just saw your future running back stick around as a quarterback! J/K sassy (don't want to bring that up again!)
TO be serious without the tinfoil hat, I posted this in the Game thread...

Elway is in the same booth as some coordinators and coaches. Not all GMs or FO guys are that close to those with the headsets on so even though the play was done, he did enough to show he liked what he saw. He doesn't show up to work with a Tebow jersey and Horse head. He dresses and acts in a professional matter. Remember, he is in the booth as part of the job.

TDmvp
11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Starting to think a lot of you smoke meth... God you people will find anything to bish about.

Stop acting like pituitary retards.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I stand and clap like that when I dread the repercussions for not standing and clapping.

Jay3
11-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Xanders reaction was priceless.

Can you elaborate? Didn't see it.

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2011, 10:48 PM

At least tebow is increasing his trade value ;D

Dagmar
11-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I'll again make the point the giant cat in the tinfoil hat should indicate the spirit of the thread!

Sassy
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
At least tebow is increasing his trade value ;D

If I laugh will I get in trouble! LOL!

Archer81
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM

Totally...

Dagmar
11-17-2011, 10:56 PM

I can absolutely see that happening. LOL

Mile High Mojoe
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
After all the football Elway has played and watched in his lifetime I don't expect him to cream his jeans over a another come from behind win.

Requiem
11-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Alcohol impairs mobility and movement. Don't get mad at John for downing a bottle of bourbon during the game. He has a disease!

TDmvp
11-17-2011, 11:04 PM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6096/fullretardb.jpg

Armchair Bronco
11-18-2011, 12:58 AM
I just replayed the game on NFL Rewind (awesome offering, btw), and Elway's initial reaction was indeed Mr. Sourpuss "I've Just Eaten a Lemon". He politely clapped but showed basically zero emotion at the critical moment...1 second after the Tebow run for the winning TD.

TDmvp
11-18-2011, 01:06 AM
I just replayed the game on NFL Rewind (awesome offering, btw), and Elway's initial reaction was indeed Mr. Sourpuss "I've Just Eaten a Lemon". He politely clapped but showed basically zero emotion at the critical moment...1 second after the Tebow run for the winning TD.

As someone watching the final drive dvr'ed as we speak , you're retarded.

The first time the show John he's standing clapping and then they show him again for a sec and he's sitting down with the I'm a suit now look on his face.

They show him twice for a total of like 2 secs. and you morons act like when they showed him he was fetal and sad... Suck a bag of D!cks and shut up already.

Agamemnon
11-18-2011, 01:07 AM
It was an appropriate reaction -- the Legend is in it to win superbowls and he's not yet convinced Tim can do that. Are you?

About as convinced as I could be with a QB this young, undeveloped, and who is playing under one of the worst OC's I've ever seen. The guy needs to develop his passing ability obviously, but he's got the "it" factor that a QB needs to lead his team to greatness. He's got it spades.

Armchair Bronco
11-18-2011, 01:15 AM
As someone watching the final drive dvr'ed as we speak , you're retarded.

The first time the show John he's standing clapping and then they show him again for a sec and he's sitting down with the I'm a suit now look on his face.

They show him twice for a total of like 2 secs. and you morons act like when they showed him he was fetal and sad... Suck a bag of D!cks and shut up already.

Dude, here's a screen grab of Elway's expression literally 2 seconds after the TD. The network cut right to Elway after the score. The only question here is whether Elway just sucked on a Lemon Head or a Lemon Warhead.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3577/elwayunhappy.png

enjolras
11-18-2011, 01:45 AM
My god... people are just analyzing everything.

Elway clapped and seemed to me to be pretty excited, and then went back into game-mode. He knew that the game wasn't over. The Jets had almost a minute to put together a game winning drive. Elway's been on both the winning and losing ends of those drives.

It had nothing to do with how he feels about Tebow, it's the type of competitor he's always been. Never too high and never too low. Kind of like the Teebs.

TDmvp
11-18-2011, 01:47 AM
I bet John is thinking , watch this , I'll make some moron on the Orange mane make stupid post/threads and read things into places there's nothing to read...

I could be projecting tho.

Armchair Bronco
11-18-2011, 01:52 AM

And what?

Aren't 90% of the posts and threads on this forum doing some kind of "analyzing"?

If the game plan and Rex's foot fetish and Bowlen's fur coat and Tebow's Tebowing are fair game, then why not Elway's expression seconds after the go-ahead touchdown?

Dagmar
11-18-2011, 05:39 AM
I bet John is thinking , watch this , I'll make some moron on the Orange mane make stupid post/threads and read things into places there's nothing to read...

I could be projecting tho.

Tell me you see the dude and the cat?

alkemical
11-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Tin foil hat wearing mother ****er

Boat engine make noise mutha***a

bendog
11-18-2011, 08:11 AM
I was worried he might start self-mutilating

Seriously, Tebow totally sucked for 55 minutes, still couldn't pass for **** from the pocket, and scored a TD! I was laughing my ass off. What do you expect the GM to do? LOL

sutoazul
11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
I was watching Elway and Xanders reaction on the Miami game. He's reaction was the same... clapping trying to act professional. Xanders was showing a little more reaction (even pointing like we've recovered the ball after the sack/fumble cause by DJ).
Anyways after that win everyone was celebrating and him, Ellis and Xanders just walk off the field. I just don't think we should see too much into this... I think they're just trying to be proffessional. That's all.

zdoor
11-18-2011, 08:43 AM

At the beginning of the clip Xanders is behind him and he is going nuts....

zdoor
11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
I was worried he might start self-mutilating

Seriously, Tebow totally sucked for 55 minutes, still couldn't pass for **** from the pocket, and scored a TD! I was laughing my ass off. What do you expect the GM to do? LOL

I don't think he sucked for 55 minutes. I thought he did ok in spurts. He had a few bad passes and a few drops but all in all it was enough...

bronco militia
11-18-2011, 08:53 AM

yeah, Asians historically have had difficulty with our language

;D

bendog
11-18-2011, 08:59 AM
I don't think he sucked for 55 minutes. I thought he did ok in spurts. He had a few bad passes and a few drops but all in all it was enough...

he didn't turn it over, so all in all I'd say he was the better qb for the entire game. But there wasn't a lot of offense after the first drive until the last. It wasn't all on Tebow. The Jests front 3 stuffed the inside run, and it's just not a defense that gives up much running outside. Tebow continues to be very bad throwing from the pocket. But, he's a work in progress. He shows too much potential as a playmaker to give up on him. I was 70-30 on him making it last year to 30-70 after the abbreviated camp, and I'm back to 80-20 now. ON that last drive he read the blitz. He read a blitz against Detroit and made a nice pass too.

I think he'll eventually get comfortable throwing from the pocket. (right now his inability to do so is actually funny, imo) I'm not sure he'll ever get to the pt of reading a defense after the snap and throwing a ball before a receiver makes his cut. That's my 20% doubt. But, I'm not sure he has to inorder to succeed. He is making pre-snap reads now, and he'll get better. maybe he'll just be a guy who audibles at the line, makes three straight progression reads, and if he doesn't see anyone open, runs the ball. That's like 1970s nfl, but Fox likes to have two tailbacks with lots of carries, a defense and play field position football.

bendog
11-18-2011, 09:01 AM
yeah, Asians historically have had difficulty with our language

;D

that's racist!

broncocalijohn
11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
At the beginning of the clip Xanders is behind him and he is going nuts....

Total coincidence. He just got word that Dominoes delivery guy didnt make it in 30 minutes and they got all their pizzas for free. Xanders was full of glee and jumping around when he got word from Bowlen that he got his job back picking up the pizzas. He feels vindicated and worthy.

Armchair Bronco needs to chill out and realize Elway is a professional and acting like one while showing some excitement. I guess he wants Elway to act like some dude in the South Stands. Damn you Dagmar for bringing a joke in here and having it take off from some MacGruder disciple.

maher_tyler
11-18-2011, 09:10 AM

Yea, there are a few here way over analyzing this. It reminds me of that heineken commercial when all the girls walk into that huge ass closet full of shoes and clothes screaming.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yIutgtzwhAc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Except..."OMG Elway wasn't screaming doing fist pumps after we scored the go ahead TD, fjsdf;lajdskflsdjfsdla;fj"

bendog
11-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Yea, there are a few here way over analyzing this. It reminds me of that heineken commercial when all the girls walk into that huge ass closet full of shoes and clothes screaming.

Aside from the humor angle, it reminds me of a teenage date where you replay it over and over trying to analyze it and fall into total fail.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-30920657-3922/941610-jumbofacepalm_jpg_jumbo_facepalm_image_by_arem9682 _super.jpg

Really!?! People, do you want? For him to literally orgasm in his pants to satisfy what you want.

cabronco
11-18-2011, 09:21 AM

Elway clapped and seemed to me to be pretty excited, and then went back into game-mode. He knew that the game wasn't over. The Jets had almost a minute to put together a game winning drive. Elway's been on both the winning and losing ends of those drives.

It had nothing to do with how he feels about Tebow, it's the type of competitor he's always been. Never too high and never too low. Kind of like the Teebs.

This^.

I was pumped, elated, jumped out of chair when TT scored. Then realized how much time was left on the clock. Enuff for a team to have a chance.

Maybe Elway has a permascowl from Gerd/ acid reflux..either TT induced, or lemon wedges in his water.

maher_tyler
11-18-2011, 09:22 AM
http://community.us.playstation.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-30920657-3922/941610-jumbofacepalm_jpg_jumbo_facepalm_image_by_arem9682 _super.jpg

Really!?! People, do you want? For him to literally orgasm in his pants to satisfy what you want.

The same people were most likely the ones on McD's ass after we beat the Pats a couple years ago!

DomCasual
11-18-2011, 09:25 AM

Yeah, I'm not getting it. He looked like a guy who had built-up tension; just like every other Bronco fan watching the game, at that minute.

Play2win
11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
44 more to go, son.

bendog
11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
We've gone from humor to seriousness. But really, I've come to appreciate Elway's calmness that seems to verge on stoicism at times. And, I think that's one reason he settled on Fox, and another was Fox's relationship with McCoy and the need to groom a qb. But we had McKid which was a daily soap opera of egos coupled with cluterfks in game planning, personnel, locker room management, etc., and before that it was Shanny's yearly defensive blowups and the whole Brister, SOB, Plummer, Frowncannon .... Elway's like "well, that was the best move we could make, bring on the next problem"