PDA

View Full Version : Has to be said

Killericon
11-17-2011, 10:02 PM
So, I might get flamed but thanks, McDaniels. People laughed when you made Tebow a first rounder, but I don't think anyone's laughing tonight.

Bronx33
11-17-2011, 10:04 PM
the whole hand hasn't been played just yet.

Simple Jake
11-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Remember when Mcdaniels would talk about getting a team full of team-first players? Look right now how the entire team rallies like they did.. recievers blocking down the field, not complaining about catches.. this team is awesome right now

Dr. Broncenstein
11-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Only laughed at McDaniels when he tried to ride the big boy rides.

KevinJames
11-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Also thanks for Robert Ayers hes been playing good man

strafen
11-17-2011, 10:16 PM
This was Tebow statement game tonight.
To do it in front of everybody on national TV, couldn't have been more satisfying.
That was an impressive come from behind victory WILLED by Tebow

broncocalijohn
11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
Not everything McDaniels did was horrible but he also had opportunities to play Tebow before he got ****canned. It took our now RB coach to know that we need to see what we have in him. He wanted team players and good characters but we also had some that weren't character guys on our team too.

scorpio
11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
McDaniels' failure had at least as much to do with Bowlen and Ellis as it did with McD. The guy had moments of brilliance, no doubt.

Popps
11-17-2011, 10:30 PM
I'll say this much... I wouldn't trade away the crop of players McDaniels brought in for the ones he sent packing. He made some bad moves and needed a real GM, just like Shanny needed one. But, he had his share of nice moves as well. Tebow's story is far from told but it sure looks promising.

spdirty
11-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Mcdip**** can rot in hell for what he did to this team. He gets absolutely no credit from me for anything but hiring Mike Nolan and letting Nolan run the defense for 6 weeks.

He gets no credit from me for picking Tebow first round because it was stupid. Especially when you consider the fact that Mcdip**** only knows 1 style of offense, which only works when he has Tom Brady and Bill Belichek watching over him. His ideal offense has the qb passing from the pocket 80% of the time and has no interest in a decent running game. Anyone here wonder if Mcd would ever develop Tebow into a qb that would make his style offense successful?

The credit tonight goes to Fox, Allen, the defense, and on the last drive Tebow and the offense. Mcdaniels contributed nothing to tonight's Mile High Magic.

Thanks for putting a damper on my happy night by trying to give that asshole credit. **** him right in the ear.

HAT
11-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Mcdip**** can rot in hell for what he did to this team. He gets absolutely no credit from me for anything but hiring Mike Nolan and letting Nolan run the defense for 6 weeks.

He gets no credit from me for picking Tebow first round because it was stupid. Especially when you consider the fact that Mcdip**** only knows 1 style of offense, which only works when he has Tom Brady and Bill Belichek watching over him. His ideal offense has the qb passing from the pocket 80% of the time and has no interest in a decent running game. Anyone here wonder if Mcd would ever develop Tebow into a qb that would make his style offense successful?

The credit tonight goes to Fox, Allen, the defense, and on the last drive Tebow and the offense. Mcdaniels contributed nothing to tonight's Mile High Magic.

Thanks for putting a damper on my happy night by trying to give that a-hole credit. **** him right in the ear.

Dude...He got rid of Cutler which is all kinds of awesome x1000.

MacGruder
11-17-2011, 10:38 PM
What I find so interesting is that it seems like Tebow is winning games as a kind of role player the way they are using him.. the same way Tom Brady won on the Patriots back in the day when he came in as a rookie. they win ugly as role players with their clutchness and leadeship.

huh??
11-17-2011, 10:40 PM
As a wild comparison... Hitler did some good things too. Developed the Autobahn, creating "the people's car" Volkswagen.... Still don't care for either of 'em.

TDmvp
11-17-2011, 10:40 PM
What I find so interesting is that it seems like Tebow is winning games as a kind of role player the way they are using him.. the same way Tom Brady won on the Patriots back in the day when he came in as a rookie. they win ugly as role players with their clutchness and leadeship.

Hold it , how are you out of jail already Mac... I was for sure that was you just streaking with a raging teboner at the end of the game...

:poke::poke::poke:

Dr. Broncenstein
11-17-2011, 10:45 PM
McDaniels had the incredible foresight to draft Tebow... yet he was a total dunce when it came to actually using him. Like the time we went 0/5 in the red zone against Indy.

strafen
11-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I'll say this much... I wouldn't trade away the crop of players McDaniels brought in for the ones he sent packing. He made some bad moves and needed a real GM, just like Shanny needed one. But, he had his share of nice moves as well. Tebow's story is far from told but it sure looks promising.You don't have to...
Most of them are gone...
Nice try...again! LOL

HAT
11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
As a wild comparison... Hitler did some good things too. Developed the Autobahn, creating "the people's car" Volkswagen.... Still don't care for either of 'em.

To be fair....Hitler would get a lot more credit if he were the one who ridded this team of Cutler.

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:47 PM
McDaniels was just too young to be a head coach IMO. But cmon he knows more about football then any of us ever will. He just made some huge mistakes in Denver about managing a team. Many of the picks head scratchers, but Decker a decent pick, Kuper decent player, Tebow great to have, whatever hes gone and i am over thinking about him.

My new thing is to change my life and try and be more like Tebow by helping other people more. And no I am not joking. I'm going to start helping at the local mission asap.

spdirty
11-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Dude...He got rid of Cutler which is all kinds of awesome x1000.

You really think this offense under tebow is going to work long term? You really think Tebow will have a better career than Cutler.

Look, I'm not a Tebow hater but I see what I see. I'd love to see the guy have a great career as qb of the Broncos. I want to believe that. But I'm not going to erase the first 55 minutes of games from my mind and only concentrate on the last 5.

As much as he gets all of us juiced up, the ceiling for this team under Tebow will never be very high until Tebow can consistently throw from the pocket with accuracy.

TDmvp
11-17-2011, 10:48 PM
McDaniels was just too young to be a head coach IMO. But cmon he knows more about football then any of us ever will. He just made some huge mistakes in Denver about managing a team. Many of the picks head scratchers, but Decker a decent pick, Kuper decent player, Tebow great to have, whatever hes gone and i am over thinking about him.

My new thing is to change my life and try and be more like Tebow by helping other people more. And no I am not joking. I'm going to start helping at the local mission asap.

Yea he makes me wish I was a better person LOL and can be more like him when I grow up ... I'm 36...

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Yea he makes me wish I was a better person LOL and can be more like him when I grow up ... I'm 36...

I feel silly but I mean it. Dude straight fires me up on life and thinking how bitchen the world would be if we all paid it forward.

The world so harsh, so cruel, we are all sort of street wise to the point IMO we are all selfish pigs. Even the ones of us who by comparison to others pretty unselfish. Its just the bar is so low on being unselfish.

Mogulseeker
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
McDaniels' failure had at least as much to do with Bowlen and Ellis as it did with McD. The guy had moments of brilliance, no doubt.

I honestly would love to have him back at QB coach.

spdirty
11-17-2011, 10:54 PM
More credit should be given to the guys EFX brought in than the guys Mcd brought in. Von Miller has had a bigger impact for this team than ANYONE that idiot drafted. I guess Mcd gets a bit of credit for making the Broncos ****ty enough to be in a position to draft him last year.

But credit Bowlen for firing him before he could draft Mark Ingram over Miller with the 2nd overall.

HAT
11-17-2011, 10:55 PM
You really think this offense under tebow is going to work long term? You really think Tebow will have a better career than Cutler.

A) No

B) Most will

Agamemnon
11-17-2011, 10:57 PM
But credit Bowlen for firing him before he could draft Mark Ingram over Miller with the 2nd overall.

Hilarious!

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2011, 10:58 PM
First off I'm happy for Tebow winning games he takes alot of heat in press and from me and other fans good for him. I have reasons I can't 100% jump on the wagon

1, Was that a great TD play or just very bad D?
2. He is 4-1 but, to be fair we played 4 struggling QB's going in none really challenged our D.

I'm not trying to put a damper on things for others its just how I feel

If we go to this offense next year we need to add 2 more gamebreakers to the mix. (RB WR)

cutthemdown
11-17-2011, 11:01 PM
First off I'm happy for Tebow winning games he takes alot of heat in press and from me and other fans good for him. I have reasons I can't 100% jump on the wagon

2. He is 4-1 but, to be fair we played 4 struggling QB's going in none really challenged our D.

All that true. Broncos not one of the top team yet, but they are already one of the best stories and most unique teams. We have to get better this yr, and again next yr.

Another first round pick that plays like Miller at any position would be nice.

I believe in Elway. He is going to fix the team. He's always been a winner.

Requiem
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
McDaniels whippin' the base, servin' up a Tebowner askin' spdirty how good does it taste?

MacGruder
11-17-2011, 11:28 PM

If we go to this offense next year we need to add 2 more gamebreakers to the mix. (RB WR)

The thing is... the ultra conservative style on offense makes the opposing offenses look so bad. It's like those really ugly post games in basketball. Slow the game down so much no offense can get rhythm.

But just like in basketball.. post players dominate those slow down games. Tebow is the ultimate post player of running QBs. He's Shaq..

They can still be ultra efficient in those slow down games..

Agamemnon
11-18-2011, 01:39 AM

Just take it easy, and enjoy the ride.

DBroncos4life
11-18-2011, 01:41 AM
Tebow was the only good thing about McD. I said this when he was drafted, it is just too bad Tebow came with nut job fans.

Williams
11-18-2011, 08:07 AM
McDaniels will be remembered as "the guy who drafted Tebow." For that, I salute the man.

jhns
11-18-2011, 08:11 AM

LOL

This guy wins the thread.

McFans are still McFailing.

Rohirrim
11-18-2011, 08:14 AM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rkLZdP_jOE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0rkLZdP_jOE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

bendog
11-18-2011, 08:23 AM
He whiffed on at least 2 out of 5 first rounders, and left a team that went 4-12. It doesn't get much worse. Yoj mcjo****es are total laughters.

BroncsCheer
11-18-2011, 08:27 AM
Tebow is the ultimate post player of running QBs. He's Shaq..

More like a young Karl Malone, to borrow from your analogy, IMO.

The young Mailman was good on the run, could make all the moves on the block, and played pretty good D, but he couldn't shoot nor hit free throws.

That changed as he got older and wiser (and the addition of a certain Zag) . .....

jutang
11-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Orton might still be the starting qb and McD the HC if they just put Tebow in on Red zone opportunities.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 11:26 AM

When Rodgers hits wide open WR is that great offense or bad defense? They used to say you can't win by throwing 40 times a game, IE warren moon, now they say you can't win not throwing it 40 times. Sports is about talent plus will plus execution. If the Broncos get bigger inside on the oline, get some more rbs, this system when executed by a player like Tebow can win. Just like you can throw it every down if your QB is Rodgers because he does it so well. Even though you know what he is doing, they execute the play so well they are a success.

Why can't that be the same thing but flipped into running the ball a ton. Not like it is all option anyways. Also their is plenty to still be gleaned from the passing game. The chances are there, its only a matter of time.

TonyR
11-18-2011, 12:02 PM

Good point, unfortunately. I'm just glad you said it and not me. The Tebow fan police are always watching...

Mr. Elway
11-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Good point, unfortunately. I'm just glad you said it and not me. The Tebow fan police are always watching...

Very true. Fortunately, we're only facing one QB who's not struggling for the remainder of the schedule. It's gonna be interesting...

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:06 PM

Guess what outside of about 10 qbs they are all struggling. Just how it is in the NFL.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 12:08 PM
If you can beat all the team without the bradys this yr, we can add some juice next yr to compete with the big boys. We need playmakers. Anyone who thinks Tebow would not be killing it with all the playmakers GB has is fooling themselves. The most amazing QB still brady who does it with whoever you put out there. Not saying Rodgers not great only that I still think Brady better. I just think GB has the better offense.

ZONA
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I'll say this much... I wouldn't trade away the crop of players McDaniels brought in for the ones he sent packing. He made some bad moves and needed a real GM, just like Shanny needed one. But, he had his share of nice moves as well. Tebow's story is far from told but it sure looks promising.

Well said

I honestly think Josh, with some maturing, would have become a good HC. But his cheating scandal was his downfall. There's no room for that in the NFL. Sometimes these younger coaches have to make their mistakes to learn some valuable lessons. I think he'll get another shot one of these days.

TonyR
11-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Not saying Rodgers not great only that I still think Brady better.

I'll take Rodgers. More mobile and can otherwise do pretty much everything Brady can do.

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I'll take Rodgers. More mobile and can otherwise do pretty much everything Brady can do.

I just remember when he had Moss what they did. Rodgers has a stud WR, 2 really good ones, a stud TE and probably the best pass blocking oline around.

Brady has a bunch of scrubs he made stars IMO. Gronkowski is a stud though I have to admit I didn't see him coming. Still the WR in NE are nothing compared to GB.

I agree though right now I would take Rodgers. I just think Brady a better passer.

Dagmar
11-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Very true. Fortunately, we're only facing one QB who's not struggling for the remainder of the schedule. It's gonna be interesting...

Brady and Cutler are hot right now?

Bronx33
11-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Can we just pretend like hiring Mcdipstick never happened can we just sweep it under the rug and never mention it again can we stop revisiting that small unconventional bomb that blew our teams left leg off.

We will move on and we will return to glory all you need is a positive attitude and some beer.

TailgateNut
11-18-2011, 06:48 PM

Who the hell is going to throw the ball to the WR:wiggle:

theAPAOps5
11-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Who the hell is going to throw the ball to the WR:wiggle:

Who cares :wiggle:

cutthemdown
11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
What if Tebow is a winner though and gets us another ring. Would that give McDaniels a reprieve for bringing us to the Tebow? I still think Mcd dials up a mean offense but he just wasn't mature enough yet to lead a team. Head coaches just sort of need to be older then the players.

kupesdad
11-19-2011, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=cutthemdown;3378911]McDaniels was just too young to be a head coach IMO. But cmon he knows more about football then any of us ever will. He just made some huge mistakes in Denver about managing a team. Many of the picks head scratchers, but Decker a decent pick, Kuper decent player, Tebow great to have, whatever hes gone and i am over thinking about him. My new thing is to change my life and try and be more like Tebow by helping other people more. And no I am not joking. I'm going to start helping at the local mission asap.[/QUO

And just when you are sounding like the LSD is starting to wear off you come up with something else.... Shanny drafted Chris, lets not give McD the blame (or the credit) depending on how you look at it

OrangeSe7en
11-19-2011, 10:11 PM
No. What has to be said is that McDaniels called the idea of playing Tebow ridiculous. Another thing that needs to be said is that the starters getting 90% of the reps in practice also limited his progress.

Let's face it. McDaniels just drafted Tebow as a project so that he could stroke his own ego by trying to develop him. I really doubt that McDaniels knew what Tebow was/is. If McDaniels really had Tebow pegged, he would have played him more.

OrangeSe7en
11-19-2011, 10:18 PM
What if Tebow is a winner though and gets us another ring. Would that give McDaniels a reprieve for bringing us to the Tebow? I still think Mcd dials up a mean offense but he just wasn't mature enough yet to lead a team. Head coaches just sort of need to be older then the players.

That offense was a soft piece of crap. And no, he shouldn't get a reprieve. He shouldn't even get credit for Tebow. Tebow didn't get a shot to play until McDaniels was gone. And when he did get a shot, the Broncos became far more competitive almost immediately. Denver would have probably been more competitive most of last year, had Tebow been the starter in 2010 as well.

wandlc
11-20-2011, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=cutthemdown;3378911]McDaniels was just too young to be a head coach IMO. But cmon he knows more about football then any of us ever will. He just made some huge mistakes in Denver about managing a team. Many of the picks head scratchers, but Decker a decent pick, Kuper decent player, Tebow great to have, whatever hes gone and i am over thinking about him. My new thing is to change my life and try and be more like Tebow by helping other people more. And no I am not joking. I'm going to start helping at the local mission asap.[/QUO

And just when you are sounding like the LSD is starting to wear off you come up with something else.... Shanny drafted Chris, lets not give McD the blame (or the credit) depending on how you look at it

Way to go kupesdad, if you didn't catch this I was going to point it out. Revisionism?

Drek
11-20-2011, 04:55 AM
The inability for any form of perspective and shades of gray is the number one limiting problem in this nation. This is a minor example of that.

McDaniels made solid personnel moves. He brought in Nolan and about half of our current coaching staff. Most of his picks in the first three rounds are paying off for us now and so are several of his low cost FA moves.

The problem with McDaniels wasn't personnel or strategy, it was management 101. Its absurd to think someone reached his level of prominence in the NFL without a single bit of managerial know how, but somehow he did. He undercut all of his staff and negated their ability to do their jobs because he micromanaged everything. It chased Nolan off, likely was a big reason why neither Turner or Dennison had any desires to stay here at all, and led to him putting Wink Martindale in charge of the defense when he clearly wasn't ready for the job. It had him moving a TE coach to OL when starting two rookies on the OL and dumping much of the previous OL scheme.

McDaniels problems were entirely based on McDaniels just not being a good boss of anyone. The football IQ is there, the ego control and people skills are not.

CEH
11-20-2011, 08:53 AM
I think if Kupesdad could really tell us about the Josh McDaniels era we wouldn't have threads thanking Josh

JMO

Dr. Broncenstein
11-20-2011, 08:57 AM
McJoshie did some really good things, typically followed by inexplicable cancelling of said good things. Mike Nolan, for example. Drafting Tebow then refusing to use him, for example.

Boobs McGee
11-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Drek and Doc, have nailed it. Pretty much sums up my feelings about josh at this point in time.

That being said...if Tebow pans out, it'll be interesting to see if the extreme hatred for him will ever allow certain haters to acknowledge and thank him for the moves he made. Whether he started Timmay or not, the fact remains that mcd moved up in a draft to take our (possibly) franchise future. It's okay to be appreciative of the move, especially if it pays dividends.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Drek and Doc, have nailed it. Pretty much sums up my feelings about josh at this point in time.

That being said...if Tebow pans out, it'll be interesting to see if the extreme hatred for him will ever allow certain haters to acknowledge and thank him for the moves he made. Whether he started Timmay or not, the fact remains that mcd moved up in a draft to take our (possibly) franchise future. It's okay to be appreciative of the move, especially if it pays dividends.

Theres nothing to thank him for. Again, if he really had Tebow pegged, he would have played him sooner. He just drafted him for the glorification of his own ego.

Boobs McGee
11-20-2011, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE=OrangeSe7en;3381435]Theres nothing to thank him for. Again, if he really had Tebow pegged, he would have played him sooner. He just drafted him for the glorification of his own ego.[/QUOT

I disagree...what if he wanted to coach him up before throwing him in? You can neither prove or disprove that theory.

Regardless, he's here, and the ONLY way that happens is if he's drafted by Mcd. Motives one way or the other can't change that fact. Tebow plays for the Denver Broncos because a coach everyone hates drafted him. Pretty simple really.

DBroncos4life
11-20-2011, 09:58 AM

Tim can go on to win 15 super bowls in a row and I won't give McD a ounce of credit. He's a ****ty coach end of story.

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 09:59 AM
I disagree...what if he wanted to coach him up before throwing him in? You can neither prove or disprove that theory.
Regardless, he's here, and the ONLY way that happens is if he's drafted by Mcd. Motives one way or the other can't change that fact. Tebow plays for the Denver Broncos because a coach everyone hates drafted him. Pretty simple really.

No, you can support this theory by looking at how he wanted to trade Cutler (who he he wouldnt get credit for) for Cassell (who he would get credit for, never mind the clear drop off in talent).

And, once again, Tebow's playing because of the people that came after McDaniels. McDaniels called him playing him ridiculous. Sorry, but playing counts for more than simply wearing a uniform and standing on the side line. And again, if McDaniels knew what he had, he would have played Tebow sooner...and it might have saved his job.

So spare me this nonsense about McDaniels deserving credit when it's very clear he was only drafting Tebow for the eventual glorification of his own ego.

TonyR
11-20-2011, 10:03 AM
...if McDaniels knew what he had, he would have played Tebow sooner...

Clearly Fox/Elway "knew what they had" since Tebow started out of the gate this season...

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Clearly Fox/Elway "knew what they had" since Tebow started out of the gate this season...

We're not talking about Fox, idiot.

TonyR
11-20-2011, 10:08 AM
We're not talking about Fox, idiot.

LOL Isn't it clear to your muddled head that Fox/Elway might not have known what they had, either? Do you see how that might fit into the discussion?

OrangeSe7en
11-20-2011, 10:12 AM
LOL Isn't it clear to your muddled head that Fox/Elway might not have known what they had, either? Do you see how that might fit into the discussion?

Dude, you need to just focus on following the bouncing ball. Once again, we're not even talking about Fox and Elway.

Boobs McGee
11-20-2011, 11:45 AM
If you can't admit that without mcd we don't get tebow, then I don't know what to tell you.

BroncoSojia
11-20-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not sold on Tebow and still think it was a stupid move to pick him in the first (not mentioning the picks we gave up for him)

McD is a douche and I don't have to give him credit for anything.

If anything that may have been one of his worst moves.

jhns
11-21-2011, 05:56 AM
The inability for any form of perspective and shades of gray is the number one limiting problem in this nation. This is a minor example of that.

McDaniels made solid personnel moves. He brought in Nolan and about half of our current coaching staff. Most of his picks in the first three rounds are paying off for us now and so are several of his low cost FA moves.

The problem with McDaniels wasn't personnel or strategy, it was management 101. Its absurd to think someone reached his level of prominence in the NFL without a single bit of managerial know how, but somehow he did. He undercut all of his staff and negated their ability to do their jobs because he micromanaged everything. It chased Nolan off, likely was a big reason why neither Turner or Dennison had any desires to stay here at all, and led to him putting Wink Martindale in charge of the defense when he clearly wasn't ready for the job. It had him moving a TE coach to OL when starting two rookies on the OL and dumping much of the previous OL scheme.

McDaniels problems were entirely based on McDaniels just not being a good boss of anyone. The football IQ is there, the ego control and people skills are not.

LOL

You McFans are retarded. Most of his early picks are working? Wtf?

This team was half as talented when he left as it was before he got here. What a joke.